Trelegy Ellipta Dosage
Generic name: FLUTICASONE FUROATE 100ug, UMECLIDINIUM BROMIDE 62.5ug, VILANTEROL TRIFENATATE 25ug
Dosage form: inhalation powder
Drug class: Bronchodilator combinations
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 2, 2023.
Dosage and Administration Overview
- Administer 1 actuation of TRELEGY ELLIPTA once daily by oral inhalation.
- After inhalation, rinse the mouth with water without swallowing to help reduce the risk of oropharyngeal candidiasis.
- TRELEGY ELLIPTA should be used at the same time every day. Do not use TRELEGY ELLIPTA more than 1 time every 24 hours.
- No dosage adjustment is required for geriatric patients, patients with renal impairment, or patients with moderate hepatic impairment [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
Recommended Dosage for Maintenance Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
The recommended dosage of TRELEGY ELLIPTA for maintenance treatment of COPD is fluticasone furoate 100 mcg, umeclidinium 62.5 mcg, and vilanterol 25 mcg (1 actuation of TRELEGY ELLIPTA 100/62.5/25 mcg) once daily by oral inhalation.
- TRELEGY ELLIPTA 100/62.5/25 mcg is the only strength indicated for the treatment of COPD.
- If shortness of breath occurs in the period between doses, an inhaled, short-acting beta2-agonist (rescue medicine, e.g., albuterol) should be used for immediate relief.
Recommended Dosage for Maintenance Treatment of Asthma
The recommended starting dosage of TRELEGY ELLIPTA for maintenance treatment of asthma is fluticasone furoate 100 mcg, umeclidinium 62.5 mcg, and vilanterol 25 mcg (1 actuation of TRELEGY ELLIPTA 100/62.5/25 mcg) or fluticasone furoate 200 mcg, umeclidinium 62.5 mcg, and vilanterol 25 mcg (1 actuation of TRELEGY ELLIPTA 200/62.5/25 mcg) once daily, by oral inhalation.
- When choosing the starting dosage strength of TRELEGY ELLIPTA, consider the patients’ disease severity; their previous asthma therapy, including the inhaled corticosteroid (ICS) dosage; as well as the patients’ current control of asthma symptoms and risk of future exacerbation.
- The maximum recommended dosage is 1 inhalation of TRELEGY ELLIPTA 200/62.5/25 mcg once daily.
- For patients who do not respond adequately to TRELEGY ELLIPTA 100/62.5/25 mcg once daily, increasing the dose to TRELEGY ELLIPTA 200/62.5/25 mcg once daily may provide additional improvement in asthma control. For patients who do not respond adequately to TRELEGY ELLIPTA 200/62.5/25 mcg once daily, re-evaluate and consider other therapeutic regimens and additional therapeutic options.
- If asthma symptoms arise in the period between doses, an inhaled, short-acting beta2-agonist (rescue medicine, e.g., albuterol) should be used for immediate relief.
Frequently asked questions
- What are some alternatives?
- How long does it take for it to work?
- What is the best time of day to take it?
- Can it cause weight gain?
- Is this used for asthma?
- Trelegy vs. Breo: How do they compare?
- Trelegy vs Anoro: Which is better?
- Can you take Trelegy and Symbicort together?
- What drugs are contained in Trelegy Ellipta?
More about Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone / umeclidinium / vilanterol)
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Reviews (201)
- Drug images
- Side effects
- Patient tips
- During pregnancy
- Support group
- FDA approval history
- Drug class: bronchodilator combinations
- En español
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.