User Reviews for Advair Diskus

Learn more about Advair Diskus.

Asthma, Maintenance 53 reviews 116 medications

8.1
COPD, Maintenance 11 reviews 44 medications

6.4
Summary of Advair Diskus reviews 64 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Advair Diskus

For COPD, Maintenance "Can't really tell if it is doing any good. It isn't like night and day. If it is helping, the effect is very subtle. Doesn't show any improvement on my oximeter (relative to non-use)."

Steamer999 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "I had told my Dr. How when I walk up my stairs in my house how I'm out off breathe and how my chest had been feeling tight over the last few months and I just use my nebulizer or my ventolin pump and it helps me feel better .But then she suggested Advair Diskus and within the 2nd day I felt the tightness in my chest like I was having an asthma attack and then my throat started to feel swollen so I stopped the medicine . Since using this medication my throat is sore, swollen glands,hurts when I swallow . I'm very nervous and will not use it anymore"

Nervous Me April 30, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "I've only been using it for 3 days and I haven't used or needed my pump once. I usually use the pump at least once a day. It might be too soon to tell, but I haven't had any side effects and I'm not winded when walking up the steps like prior to using Advair."

Kisha-Kish April 8, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been on advair for over 10 years. I have never breathed better. Before I couldn't even walk without being out of breath. I do experience a lot of side effects such as oral thrush, and headaches; however, being able to breathe outweighs the side effects. I would recommend this medication to anyone with asthma."

Living and Breathing February 11, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "I've been using Advair 250/50 for about 7 years. I developed asthma after several respiratory infections. After months of having no energy and wheezing and coughing, the doctor finally confirmed asthma. I started on 4 puffs per day for a week, and then went down to 2 per day. In the summer, I can often get away with only 1 puff per day. In the winter I usually need 2. The main symptom I get if my asthma is not fully controlled is a gurgling sensation in my lungs. With Advair my asthma symptoms have mostly disappeared. It's a really effective medication."

MarchWinds (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 9, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "Since I started an Advair diskus regime many years ago - I rarely have to use my rescue inhalers. In fact I lose more of them than I use. The only negative is the cost - over $200 for a month's supply - that wasn't a big issue when I had a sweet low copay but all that has changed since the Affordable Healthcare Act (A nice oxymoron there !). I was surprised to see Advair (actually under a different name, but still GSK's product) in Belize at just $55USD for the same dosage. Can't wait for generics to hit the market."

Rodley January 11, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was a long time advocate of this med (250/50) - as it was the only thing that prevented asthma issues deteriorating into pneumonia. Had to use only from October to January - and then asthma would subside. Grabbed the med the other day and with first inhale lips, mouth, and tongue immediately began to tingle and swell. Raced to the sink and rinse out with sprayer, hoping the same thing wasn't going to happen in throat / lungs."

Bailey's Mom (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 3, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "Was prescribed Advair two weeks ago and haven't used Albuterol inhaler since. I notice easier breathing immediately and had absolutely no side affects. I don't even taste it but always rinse anyway. Before using Advair, I was using the inhaler about 10 times a day and still was out of breath when I tied my boots. After two days on Advair, I was able to attend a Packers game and walked about a mile to the stadium and another 60 flights of stairs to get to our seats. I would have been dead the week before. I'm hoping I can continue using this medication without getting any side affects. I have my life back and want to keep it that way."

Thumber (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "Advair is the only thing that has gotten my asthma under control. It gave me awful muscle cramps, but my nurse practitioner. let me try a muscle relaxant for that (I take a small dose of Tizanidine) and it works wonderfully. "

Rakuflames November 19, 2015

For COPD, Maintenance "I have been taking Advair 250/50 for going on 3 years and I love it! My breathing oxygen level stays in the high 90's and I haven't make a trip to the ER for not being able to breath after I started it. Highly recommend it even tho it is pricy"

Mcsmile (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 29, 2015

For COPD, Maintenance "I have severe COPD, and have been on Advair 50/250 for 11 years. I am also diabetic due to being overweight, and not being able to exercise. My FEV is 15%. Advair helps, BUT it has played havoc with my blood sugar. I lost 65 pounds since being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a year ago. My blood sugar went down to normal levels since I had to quit taking the Advair (temporarily) due to the high cost. My breathing worsened, so I refilled my Advair, but I my blood sugar went back up over 200. I'm in a dilemma now. The insulin is $600/month. The Advair is $200. If I don't take the Advair, I hardly need any insulin. I do take Xopenex/ipratropium via neb, but that doesn't last all day like the Advair. It's part B, so more affordable by far."

Lulubeans (taken for 10 years or more) September 20, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was prescribed Advair in combination with Spiriva after a bad asthma type attack in 2010 (1 of 3, the 1st in 2001; 2nd in 2007). I finally went to a Pulmonary Specialist in early 2010. The inhalers combined with a series of oral prednisone helped me to recover fully. At the advice of my new doctor I continued using the Advair and Spiriva daily. In 2013 I developed Virtigo and continuous bladder infections, determined that was related to the Spiriva, so I stopped that one. Several times during the 5 years,I have attempted to stop using Advair. I think it is addicting in nature; I am unable to breathe without it! THAT SUCKS....Especially since I was doing fine without any inhalers prior to continued use of Advair."

Inspectorlady (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 23, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "Have been taking it for 15+ years - its been a life saver. Don't remember the last time I had an attack or ER visit (which were mostly triggered off by dust and seasonal allergies, at least once or twice a year until I started Advair). Because of the high price, I end up extending to 60 days, sometimes over that. I use it once a day rather than twice - it works wonderfully as a preventative dose. My PCP is comfortable with this lowered dose, so the only risk I run is with the side effects and the delayed use of the disk. FortunatelyI don't feel much side effects. I did, however, end up developing an early cataract (at 42) and getting the surgery done and my eye doc has me on glaucoma watch, so it will probably catch up with me one day"

M Panjwani (taken for 10 years or more) May 19, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "I had been on Advair for ten years and enjoyed not having asthma attacks, being able to exercise without using a rescue inhaler all of the time. Unfortunately due to the cost of Advair my insurance has dropped it from the list of medications they will cover and I have been switched to another brand. The new one does not work as well."

VLN (taken for 10 years or more) March 5, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "This medicine changed, on a fundamental level, my quality of life. I went from nearly always being out of breath due to asthma to practically never needing a rescue inhaler. It made my asthma vanish."

THE BETTER BREATHER (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 11, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "Age 59 Male. After having allergy asthma probably or decades a wet Spring after ugly winter and removing moldy insulation and ended me up at doctors. Started on 100/50. It helped but not enough. Ended up getting 250/50 and have been on since (4 years). It didn't stop the fairly constant post nasal drip which was almost constant at night. Got Singular for that and have taken ever since (4 years). I'm fine and dandy ever since and can do heavy workouts etc. Problems: Leg cramps, foot cramps hand cramps. I've always had a few but they can get ugly taking, I find drinking water, taking daily multivitamins and Magnesium keeps them at bay. Dry, sensitive mouth= no more medium or hot salsa etc. Watch your teeth."

Merkle December 25, 2014

For Asthma, Maintenance "This has not worked for me. It has terrible side effects and I am trying to get off it."

dedub (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2014

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was prescribed this inhaler for my asthma and I found it did a good job of bringing my breathing back to normal. However, I also experienced numerous side effects from the medicine such as very painful leg cramps/spasms that kept me from sleep and at times work/school and recurrent bacterial sinus infections (ie. Facial/ear pain, ringing in ears, headache) which I had never had prior to using Advair. I also had a sore throat at times while on this medication which to me is very minor and I would have continued use if this was the only side effect. Although it was not a good fit for me I would recommend this medicine to others who are struggling to control their asthma."

erin1228 July 8, 2014

For Asthma, Maintenance "Works for me.. no issues except the price."

missxc36 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2014

For Asthma, Maintenance "Sometimes my Diskus goes to "0" and I don't see it because I take it in the early morning and at bedtime. I DO notice the difference in my breathing. Anytime I start to feel a 'heaviness' I suspect that I have run out and I check the number on the Discus - this is always the reason. I keep my reading glasses by my bed from now on, so I have not made that error since I figure this out. Advair has been a lifesaver for me. I think I have been on it for close to 20 years, not sure. I am putting this here for others who don't have their asthma under control. I have had nothing but good experiences with this medicine."

Laufer Gern (taken for 10 years or more) January 13, 2014

For COPD, Maintenance "Just started this inhaler, Dr. only put me on it for a week. Then she will change me to another type with no powder. But I love the way I can breathe now. Its amazing to me, I CAN BREATHE."

patty777 (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been fighting my doctors about Advair for about 4 years. About 1 year ago I got sick and I was using my Advair and I chose to stay on everyday. I was doing good then I stopped because I wanted to see if there was any difference, and oh my God, I realize a need Advair everyday. Moral of the story I take Advair everyday now and doing so much better."

Babyg1rl May 28, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance "Been on 250/50 Advair for just over a year. It does great at preventing asthma attacks. I still have congestion & coughing. Despite rinsing my mouth & brushing my teeth after use of Advair, my voice has become quite hoarse within the last 2 weeks. I'm thinking of switching back to Symbicort. I took Asmanex before taking Symbicort but it wasn't sufficient to control my asthma."

Mrs. Nature Lover April 8, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance "Prescribed Advair Diskus (250/50) twice a day. My blood pressure was 130/80 when I started medicine, which is about the highest if has ever been. I was not suppose to go back to the doctor for 30 days. But luckily last night I had my blood pressure checked, it was 151/98-I was shocked! I have only been on the medicine 15 days. Advair probably helped me through my upper respiratory problems, but I think I should have been warned about this side effect."

SKBW (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2013

For Asthma, Maintenance "I suffered from severe asthma from childhood till I was 50. Several attacks required hospitalization and I was on every medicine known to treat asthma over this time period including extended periods of prednisolone, rescue inhalers, plus theophyline, Alupent, etc. I started taking Advair in 2002 and since that time have had no attacks whatsoever. For the first 3 years I still carried my Albuterol inhaler but finally had the confidence to stop carrying them. A momentous day indeed and not without some trepidation. I have suffered no side effects at all and this medicine has been a life changer and potentially a life saver for me. I hope it can do the same for you. I never believed I would be rid of asthma but I am."

Snoman 88 January 29, 2013