User Reviews for Advair Diskus

6.8

Summary of Advair Diskus reviews 7.6 93 reviews

Reviews for Advair Diskus

Deb · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "My asthma condition got worse after being changed to Advair. Cough and breathing got worse."

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more July 17, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have suffered with asthma my entire life so I am familiar with many drugs used to treat this disease. Advair was prescribed to me 30 years ago and I have loved it from the beginning. I no longer had to suffer with the jitters and hyper behavior, like ALL of my prior medications. I take this daily/as prescribed and have no complaints or awful side effects. Sometimes my breath smells bad as a result but I can breathe so I can't really complain. Thank you-now if only I could get my insurance provider to cover it."

Ernie · Taken for 10 years or more July 11, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been on Advair 500 for many years and my asthma has been under control. Before taking this I had attacks all day long. Now they have made a generic that I have been on for almost 3 months. My attacks are coming back. And insurance will no longer cover Advair. It’s very frustrating. I also have coronary artery spasms which are due entirely to the severe asthma. So now not only am I having to use the nebulizer more but I’m also having to take nitro more for my heart."

Mountain girl April 1, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been using this purple disk since childhood. I’m in my mid 20’s. I never realized how effective this was until I stopped my asthma meds altogether (this inhaler & another smaller one). I needed to see the doctor that I avoided for about 3 months but I had an actual asthma attack. It was scary as heck. When I finally went in my Dr. explained the importance of my inhaler because the steroid is that powerful. I went back on it & immediately recognized a huge difference. It’s helped me for a decade. No doubt. It is pricey though."

Joe · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 13, 2019

For COPD, Maintenance "Advair does work really well But the disk spray is terrible. This medicine is very expensive, they should work on new container. you have to clean it a ot, and when you do the number of use goes down to 0 when it has plenty in it..then you have to waste medicine using it in the air to see if there is any left.This medicine is so expensive they should look in to fixing the container it comes in.."

Musicgal · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have moderate persistent asthma and severe allergies. I was taking a different medication and had several all night asthma attacks, daily episodes, and pleurisy for months. My doctor switched me to Advair 250/50 three days ago and the difference is night and day. Today is the first day in three months that I haven’t had any symptoms. I feel like a new person. Adviar is the best asthma medication I’ve tried, and today, I’m enjoying breathing deeply!"

TJ · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2018

For COPD, Maintenance "Been on this 5 days, so far pleased with results, need to work on the price. With every boomer coming along a large share of this growing market. Hey GSK you want to own this market ?"

Will · Taken for less than 1 month April 28, 2018

For COPD, Maintenance "I have been on advair diskus for almost a month, By the third day I noticed a difference, I feel normal! The constant mucus is gone, and I'm breathing normally."

Youmu · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 13, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "After struggling with a series of ineffective corticosteroid inhalers, leukotriene modifiers, and antihistamines for nightly asthma episodes that set in in April 2014, I finally asked my doctor about Advair Diskus. I was very hesitant to use it because I was alarmed about the black box warning on this product and because I got a really nasty sore throat when I was on this when I was 6 or 7. I'm really glad I tried this medication. 250/50 brought my nightly episodes down to four days a week and my current dose of 500/50 has me only needing my albuterol inhaler one or two nights per week. It's been a fantastic drug for me! The $60 copay isn't too terrible, which is also a plus."

Holyfieldsmom · Taken for 10 years or more March 1, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been using Advair 250/50 for 17 years. It works for me. I rarely have to use my rescue inhaler. I have noticed a rapid heartbeat from time to time, and I am assuming it is from this. Right now, with my Prescription insurance, it is $150.00 for a 90 day supply. I will be on Medicare next year, and I checked the prescription plan my husband is currently on, and it is going to cost me $415.00 for a 90 day supply. Seriously, how do these Pharmaceutical companies get away with this???? Also, why isn't it in a generic form yet? I really would love to stop taking this."

APELX · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 1, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "The discus from my mail order pharmacy costs $222. / month. The HFA ( sprayer ) form costs about $ 35. / month."

Linda N · Taken for less than 1 month December 26, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance "After using the Advair disc for less than a week. Realized that I had lost ability to taste food within 2-3 days of starting. Sense of taste has never returned. I reported this to Glaxo and physician. Neither followed up beyond my call."

Dumb-Ass December 19, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance "Things that they don't tell you about this poison. The only thing I was told about this stuff was the possible weight gain. They never said that asthma can be cured. They never told me about the extreme mood swings. etc.. I can go on and on and on. Do your self a favor and research all the natural cures for asthma. You will be amazed what you find out."

Southrn_Granny December 16, 2017

For COPD, Maintenance "I've been on Advair Diskus 250/50 for almost one month since being out of the hospital where I coded from COPD. Needless to say I have quit smoking after 30 years (cold turkey) I can actually breathe & no more wheezing. Only drawback is financially it cost $530 & I now have a thick mucus in the back of my throat that I remember having when I once had pneumonia. My throat stays sore & I am so afraid of coming down with pneumonia. Because of this I am going to try using Advair once a day instead of twice a day. I also have nasal drip all night as well."

TheDom · Taken for 10 years or more December 13, 2017

For COPD, Maintenance "I first began using Advair after my second two week stay in the hospital for upper respiratory infection. For much of my youth and all of my young adult life up to this point 1997, I had constant shortness of breath and periodic times where I was unable to regulate my breathing without a bronchial inhaler 5, 6 or more times a day. The first time I used Advair I noticed a difference and within days I was breathing like I was 12 years old again. I could not believe the difference. It was night and day. I know that other users may not get the same level of relief, but for me it has been a miracle."

Bpnj1 October 25, 2017

For COPD, Maintenance "I have used the 250/50 disks but I don't use it as much as I'm prescribed "

Cootiepie September 28, 2017

For COPD, Maintenance "On medicare and hit the donut hole in August, Have to pay $185. for one month. Way to much for something thats helping me breathe. Something I have to have. When is a generic or something affordable coming out."

Coughing gal · Taken for less than 1 month September 21, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance "My doctor said I have "reactive cough asthma". I tried Advair for a month. It neither helped nor made things worse. I think it might just be allergy of some sort, or maybe acid reflux. Who knows?"

Anonymous September 10, 2017

For COPD, Maintenance "My husband has used advair for about 15 yrs, works great. Dr have tried other inhalers but saw no difference, hope we get a generic advair soon."

1960 bjk · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 27, 2017

For COPD, Maintenance "Doesn't work well for me. Still short of breath and I haven't noticed any improvement. I've been using it for a month."

suesue62 April 21, 2017

For COPD, Maintenance "Does not work for me at all. Also caused diarrhea and sore throat."

Voiceless&Breathless · Taken for less than 1 month March 20, 2017

For COPD, Maintenance "By the third day I had lost my voice, developed pneumonia, been unable to cough out production from my lungs, scarred my lungs even further. I would expect this product to be removed by the FDA soon. If the condition lasts, I'll be seeking legal council."

Lpit180 · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 16, 2017

For COPD, Maintenance "I have both asthma symptoms and copd so advair was given to me for the asthma first. It really helped me breathe better and it is a great med for long term control. As my copd progressed, I was unable to get a good breath to inhale from the diskus so my doc changed me to the HFA inhaler form. Advair is great and effective and I sure know when I have run out how much it helps me breathe."

bro3432 December 15, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance "The very next day after starting Advair my life improved dramatically. I am not kidding....this stuff really works. I now do 40 min of yoga and a full mile of accelarated aerobic walking (20 min) 5 days a week. After that I immediately grab my oximeter....it is almost always at 97 or 98. My dr. says am in severe stage and functioning and a level 1. I don't even use my nebulizer and Aluteral anymore. I am 71 yrs old and am being fully honest."

Sue Roach December 9, 2016

"had bad reaction, face and nose bright red, knees feel like I have heating pad on them, lips tingle, no appitite-only had 3 doses"