User Reviews for Advair Diskus

Learn more about Advair Diskus.

Asthma, Maintenance 58 reviews 118 medications

8.1
COPD, Maintenance 13 reviews 46 medications

6.7
Summary of Advair Diskus reviews 71 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Advair Diskus

For COPD, Maintenance "I have both asthma symptoms and copd so advair was given to me for the asthma first. It really helped me breathe better and it is a great med for long term control. As my copd progressed, I was unable to get a good breath to inhale from the diskus so my doc changed me to the HFA inhaler form. Advair is great and effective and I sure know when I have run out how much it helps me breathe."

Lpit180 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For COPD, Maintenance "The very next day after starting Advair my life improved dramatically. I am not kidding....this stuff really works. I now do 40 min of yoga and a full mile of accelarated aerobic walking (20 min) 5 days a week. After that I immediately grab my oximeter....it is almost always at 97 or 98. My dr. says am in severe stage and functioning and a level 1. I don't even use my nebulizer and Aluteral anymore. I am 71 yrs old and am being fully honest."

bro3432 December 15, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"had bad reaction, face and nose bright red, knees feel like I have heating pad on them, lips tingle, no appitite-only had 3 doses"

Sue Roach December 9, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Was using Pulmicort for years for asthma maintenance; I found it made a difference but would stop working for periods of time. I asked my physician to switch me to something else and she put me on this. A marked difference. This has a steroid as well as a stimulant (to open your lungs upon inhalation, much like a rescue inhaler, which Pulmicort did not have). I forgot to refill my Advair this month (I mail order three months at a time with my insurance, WAY cheaper) and have been without for about 4 days. I can definitely tell the difference. My rescue inhaler use has gone up, and subsequently goes way down (to almost nonexistent) when I'm on Advair. Highly recommended."

MLU8 December 5, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Extremely helpful in reducing my need for nebulizer in the winter. I seem to have more energy too. Took it years ago, now have gone made the switch back from another inhaled steroid that didn't work as well. The asthma related death scares me. But I'm young and healthy for the most part."

koobabe (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Advair is effective in treating my asthma. Unfortunately, I often feel restless, agitated and maybe anxious. I'm thinking of getting off of the drug, but am afraid my asthma will get worse. I'll probably try gradually weaning off and have an emergency inhaler nearby. I'm just growing tired of the side effects. I may also look into another drug if my asthma gets worse after quitting Advair."

Cabo Bob (taken for 10 years or more) October 24, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I am a 47 year old woman and for the last few weeks have suffered asthma-like symptoms, common when I have a cold. The doctor prescribed this as I wasn't getting better only using the inhaler. I took first dose at night, the next this morning and I have had diarrhea all day. Apparently stomach problems can be a side effect. While I know some medications have side effects when first starting, this is not tolerable. I will not continue and will see an allergist for possible other solutions. I am sure it is the advair."

Liz12NJ (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Asthma since 26, year round allergies, Advair and montelukast for years. Feel i'm alive in my 70s because of some smart, caring Doctors. Biggest problems--no generic and super expensive now that prices have been raised. Donut hole every Year! Used to be more reasonable. Not advised to change since Advair and monte work. But can't afford to use 2 times a day as doctor recommends. I think it is Mylan also that raised prices out of seniors reach. Please help bring price down again. Thanks. Insurance covers part reasonably than too high in donut hole."

Sagegrammy (taken for 10 years or more) September 5, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For COPD, Maintenance "Can't really tell if it is doing any good. It isn't like night and day. If it is helping, the effect is very subtle. Doesn't show any improvement on my oximeter (relative to non-use)."

Steamer999 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I had told my Dr. How when I walk up my stairs in my house how I'm out off breathe and how my chest had been feeling tight over the last few months and I just use my nebulizer or my ventolin pump and it helps me feel better .But then she suggested Advair Diskus and within the 2nd day I felt the tightness in my chest like I was having an asthma attack and then my throat started to feel swollen so I stopped the medicine . Since using this medication my throat is sore, swollen glands,hurts when I swallow . I'm very nervous and will not use it anymore"

Nervous Me April 30, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I've only been using it for 3 days and I haven't used or needed my pump once. I usually use the pump at least once a day. It might be too soon to tell, but I haven't had any side effects and I'm not winded when walking up the steps like prior to using Advair."

Kisha-Kish April 8, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been on advair for over 10 years. I have never breathed better. Before I couldn't even walk without being out of breath. I do experience a lot of side effects such as oral thrush, and headaches; however, being able to breathe outweighs the side effects. I would recommend this medication to anyone with asthma."

Living and Breathing February 11, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I've been using Advair 250/50 for about 7 years. I developed asthma after several respiratory infections. After months of having no energy and wheezing and coughing, the doctor finally confirmed asthma. I started on 4 puffs per day for a week, and then went down to 2 per day. In the summer, I can often get away with only 1 puff per day. In the winter I usually need 2. The main symptom I get if my asthma is not fully controlled is a gurgling sensation in my lungs. With Advair my asthma symptoms have mostly disappeared. It's a really effective medication."

MarchWinds (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 9, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Since I started an Advair diskus regime many years ago - I rarely have to use my rescue inhalers. In fact I lose more of them than I use. The only negative is the cost - over $200 for a month's supply - that wasn't a big issue when I had a sweet low copay but all that has changed since the Affordable Healthcare Act (A nice oxymoron there !). I was surprised to see Advair (actually under a different name, but still GSK's product) in Belize at just $55USD for the same dosage. Can't wait for generics to hit the market."

Rodley January 11, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was a long time advocate of this med (250/50) - as it was the only thing that prevented asthma issues deteriorating into pneumonia. Had to use only from October to January - and then asthma would subside. Grabbed the med the other day and with first inhale lips, mouth, and tongue immediately began to tingle and swell. Raced to the sink and rinse out with sprayer, hoping the same thing wasn't going to happen in throat / lungs."

Bailey's Mom (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 3, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Was prescribed Advair two weeks ago and haven't used Albuterol inhaler since. I notice easier breathing immediately and had absolutely no side affects. I don't even taste it but always rinse anyway. Before using Advair, I was using the inhaler about 10 times a day and still was out of breath when I tied my boots. After two days on Advair, I was able to attend a Packers game and walked about a mile to the stadium and another 60 flights of stairs to get to our seats. I would have been dead the week before. I'm hoping I can continue using this medication without getting any side affects. I have my life back and want to keep it that way."

Thumber (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2015

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Advair is the only thing that has gotten my asthma under control. It gave me awful muscle cramps, but my nurse practitioner. let me try a muscle relaxant for that (I take a small dose of Tizanidine) and it works wonderfully. "

Rakuflames November 19, 2015

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For COPD, Maintenance "I have been taking Advair 250/50 for going on 3 years and I love it! My breathing oxygen level stays in the high 90's and I haven't make a trip to the ER for not being able to breath after I started it. Highly recommend it even tho it is pricy"

Mcsmile (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 29, 2015

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For COPD, Maintenance "I have severe COPD, and have been on Advair 50/250 for 11 years. I am also diabetic due to being overweight, and not being able to exercise. My FEV is 15%. Advair helps, BUT it has played havoc with my blood sugar. I lost 65 pounds since being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a year ago. My blood sugar went down to normal levels since I had to quit taking the Advair (temporarily) due to the high cost. My breathing worsened, so I refilled my Advair, but I my blood sugar went back up over 200. I'm in a dilemma now. The insulin is $600/month. The Advair is $200. If I don't take the Advair, I hardly need any insulin. I do take Xopenex/ipratropium via neb, but that doesn't last all day like the Advair. It's part B, so more affordable by far."

Lulubeans (taken for 10 years or more) September 20, 2015

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was prescribed Advair in combination with Spiriva after a bad asthma type attack in 2010 (1 of 3, the 1st in 2001; 2nd in 2007). I finally went to a Pulmonary Specialist in early 2010. The inhalers combined with a series of oral prednisone helped me to recover fully. At the advice of my new doctor I continued using the Advair and Spiriva daily. In 2013 I developed Virtigo and continuous bladder infections, determined that was related to the Spiriva, so I stopped that one. Several times during the 5 years,I have attempted to stop using Advair. I think it is addicting in nature; I am unable to breathe without it! THAT SUCKS....Especially since I was doing fine without any inhalers prior to continued use of Advair."

Inspectorlady (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 23, 2015

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Have been taking it for 15+ years - its been a life saver. Don't remember the last time I had an attack or ER visit (which were mostly triggered off by dust and seasonal allergies, at least once or twice a year until I started Advair). Because of the high price, I end up extending to 60 days, sometimes over that. I use it once a day rather than twice - it works wonderfully as a preventative dose. My PCP is comfortable with this lowered dose, so the only risk I run is with the side effects and the delayed use of the disk. FortunatelyI don't feel much side effects. I did, however, end up developing an early cataract (at 42) and getting the surgery done and my eye doc has me on glaucoma watch, so it will probably catch up with me one day"

M Panjwani (taken for 10 years or more) May 19, 2015

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I had been on Advair for ten years and enjoyed not having asthma attacks, being able to exercise without using a rescue inhaler all of the time. Unfortunately due to the cost of Advair my insurance has dropped it from the list of medications they will cover and I have been switched to another brand. The new one does not work as well."

VLN (taken for 10 years or more) March 5, 2015

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "This medicine changed, on a fundamental level, my quality of life. I went from nearly always being out of breath due to asthma to practically never needing a rescue inhaler. It made my asthma vanish."

THE BETTER BREATHER (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 11, 2015

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Age 59 Male. After having allergy asthma probably or decades a wet Spring after ugly winter and removing moldy insulation and ended me up at doctors. Started on 100/50. It helped but not enough. Ended up getting 250/50 and have been on since (4 years). It didn't stop the fairly constant post nasal drip which was almost constant at night. Got Singular for that and have taken ever since (4 years). I'm fine and dandy ever since and can do heavy workouts etc. Problems: Leg cramps, foot cramps hand cramps. I've always had a few but they can get ugly taking, I find drinking water, taking daily multivitamins and Magnesium keeps them at bay. Dry, sensitive mouth= no more medium or hot salsa etc. Watch your teeth."

Merkle December 25, 2014

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Asthma, Maintenance "This has not worked for me. It has terrible side effects and I am trying to get off it."

dedub (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2014