User Reviews for Advair Diskus (Page 2)

Learn more about Advair Diskus.

Asthma, Maintenance 58 reviews 118 medications

8.1
COPD, Maintenance 14 reviews 46 medications

6.4
Summary of Advair Diskus reviews 72 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Advair Diskus

For Asthma, Maintenance "This has not worked for me. It has terrible side effects and I am trying to get off it."

dedub (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2014

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was prescribed this inhaler for my asthma and I found it did a good job of bringing my breathing back to normal. However, I also experienced numerous side effects from the medicine such as very painful leg cramps/spasms that kept me from sleep and at times work/school and recurrent bacterial sinus infections (ie. Facial/ear pain, ringing in ears, headache) which I had never had prior to using Advair. I also had a sore throat at times while on this medication which to me is very minor and I would have continued use if this was the only side effect. Although it was not a good fit for me I would recommend this medicine to others who are struggling to control their asthma."

erin1228 July 8, 2014

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Works for me.. no issues except the price."

missxc36 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2014

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Sometimes my Diskus goes to "0" and I don't see it because I take it in the early morning and at bedtime. I DO notice the difference in my breathing. Anytime I start to feel a 'heaviness' I suspect that I have run out and I check the number on the Discus - this is always the reason. I keep my reading glasses by my bed from now on, so I have not made that error since I figure this out. Advair has been a lifesaver for me. I think I have been on it for close to 20 years, not sure. I am putting this here for others who don't have their asthma under control. I have had nothing but good experiences with this medicine."

Laufer Gern (taken for 10 years or more) January 13, 2014

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For COPD, Maintenance "Just started this inhaler, Dr. only put me on it for a week. Then she will change me to another type with no powder. But I love the way I can breathe now. Its amazing to me, I CAN BREATHE."

patty777 (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2013

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been fighting my doctors about Advair for about 4 years. About 1 year ago I got sick and I was using my Advair and I chose to stay on everyday. I was doing good then I stopped because I wanted to see if there was any difference, and oh my God, I realize a need Advair everyday. Moral of the story I take Advair everyday now and doing so much better."

Babyg1rl May 28, 2013

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Been on 250/50 Advair for just over a year. It does great at preventing asthma attacks. I still have congestion & coughing. Despite rinsing my mouth & brushing my teeth after use of Advair, my voice has become quite hoarse within the last 2 weeks. I'm thinking of switching back to Symbicort. I took Asmanex before taking Symbicort but it wasn't sufficient to control my asthma."

Mrs. Nature Lover April 8, 2013

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Prescribed Advair Diskus (250/50) twice a day. My blood pressure was 130/80 when I started medicine, which is about the highest if has ever been. I was not suppose to go back to the doctor for 30 days. But luckily last night I had my blood pressure checked, it was 151/98-I was shocked! I have only been on the medicine 15 days. Advair probably helped me through my upper respiratory problems, but I think I should have been warned about this side effect."

SKBW (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2013

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I suffered from severe asthma from childhood till I was 50. Several attacks required hospitalization and I was on every medicine known to treat asthma over this time period including extended periods of prednisolone, rescue inhalers, plus theophyline, Alupent, etc. I started taking Advair in 2002 and since that time have had no attacks whatsoever. For the first 3 years I still carried my Albuterol inhaler but finally had the confidence to stop carrying them. A momentous day indeed and not without some trepidation. I have suffered no side effects at all and this medicine has been a life changer and potentially a life saver for me. I hope it can do the same for you. I never believed I would be rid of asthma but I am."

Snoman 88 January 29, 2013

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was on Advair for about five years and was able to breathe easily almost immediately after starting it. Before Advair, I used albuterol 6-10 times daily. I used to take the 500/50 Advair only once per day. Using it twice a day didn't make a difference in breathing, so that saved some money. I never had a thrush problem; actually, I never rinsed out my mouth at all. The reason I'm not using it any longer is the HUGE cost. My insurance is no longer covering it and I cannot afford over $300 for just one diskus. Am now taking Singular and am back using the albuterol rescue inhaler 6-7 times a day."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 1, 2012

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Has helped control my asthma, recently started 500/50 since I had another flare up. I don't need a rescue inhaler near as often. Do get thrush occasionally and a little sore throat. But it does keep my asthma attacks down a lot."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2012

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I give Advair 8 stars because it does what it's supposed to do. I have only had two asthma attacks since starting Advair almost a year ago. One was running without my inhaler. The second time was smoking. I took off two stars for side effects and use. I hate having to remember to take this twice a day. I usually forget. I also hate when I forget to wash my mouth out with water and get a little bit of thrush in my mouth."

LillyF (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 1, 2012

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Made my asthma so much better."

Anonymous April 10, 2012

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For COPD, Maintenance "Advair helps me to breathe, bottom line. I rated it an 8 only because of the side effect of heartburn, which can be almost intolerable at times. I can find something to relieve that discomfort! I don't really have much of an appetite (see as a good thing for maintaining blood sugar levels and weight). I am using in conjunction with another once a day inhaler. I feel better and clearer than I have in years!"

Ayo65 February 21, 2012

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I don't know about others, but this is a god send to me. I have very, very bad asthma. Walking up a few stairs can wind me, as can walks (which I love doing), and exercising is extremely difficult. The pains from asthma problems can hurt quite a bit. I got on Advair and my dependency on my albuterol inhaler dropped from 2-3 times a day to maybe once a week. I was off of it for years because of insurance companies dropping it, and then not having insurance. I'm back on it now (after Primatene mist went off the market), and I'm doing great again. It hasn't kicked in to effect fully, but I can already feel its effects. The side effects can be bad for some people, but I'm a testament to how awesome it is."

Toni Goodman January 8, 2012

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For COPD, Maintenance "I started taking Advair 50/500 about 2 years ago. I must say that I have noticed almost a complete turn around with my breathing problems which is wonderful. However, I am in the emergency room almost half of every month due to severe heartburn, gallbladder attacks, severe stomach, throat and esophagus pain. It is all due to the Advair. Have been on all the breathing medicines and Advair works the best. Just don't know if I can keep dealing with all these side effects."

blah36 November 29, 2011

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I used to be hospitalized at least every 6 months with my asthma problems as a child until my adolescence. I have tried EVERY inhaler and pill to help with the symptoms. Then I started Advair when I was 15. I am 24 now and I haven't been hospitalized in 10 years. The only problem I have is tachycardia."

Anonymous October 26, 2011

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am 22 years old and have never had a problem with asthma until here in the past year. I was very active, ran, and played multiple sports, but that all came to a halt when my asthma symptoms began. My doctor put me on Advair. It has been a blessing. I can now run for miles and not have any problems breathing. I can enjoy life again. The only downfall to this medicine is dry mouth, but rinsing after each dose will reduce the dry mouth significantly."

Anonymous August 5, 2011

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I've been on Adviar for more than 2 years and have had no problems with it. My asthma developed because of my newly discovered allergy to cats and it has allowed me to keep my pets without any breathing issues. It did give me some heartburn at first but, since I was overweight, I lost 20 pounds and that seemed to do resolve the heartburn issue."

Chicago Inhaler May 25, 2011

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "I am giving it a 9 only because I have only been on it a few days. It works. I used to get so tired just doing my grocery shopping and have to sit 2 or 3 times during and feel like I can go for miles now. I do notice in the reviews the different ways people are using it. I was told after inhaling to rinse mouth thoroughly as the medicine can cause thrush. Anyway, I have a little chest tightness and get a bit of a headache at first but that goes away after about 30 minutes. "

dsgermick March 16, 2011

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "Love this medicine."

Anonymous February 28, 2011

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've had taken Advair for asthma. I have to say it has been a blessing. You must drink a glass of water when taking your dosage "not Juice" juice will upset your stomach . plus the nasty feeling in your mouth will go away and it will do the job even quicker. So I give Advair 5 stars, just remember to follow your dosage with water otherwise yucky yucky taste and upset stomach."

Anonymous February 28, 2011

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For COPD, Maintenance "Used it before, but then had it changed to Symbicort. No way of telling which one is better. I seem to get a lot of head colds and sinus drainage with both. Now my MD is putting me back on Advair 250/50, but I doubt it will be effective at all. I walk 5 miles a day in an hour and 13 minutes. So if my time improves a little, then maybe it does help more than Symbicort did."

watzknew September 14, 2010

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For COPD, Maintenance "I take other medication but after my Doctor prescribed Advair I do have more energy and my breathing is a lot less effortless and in turn a better outlook."

hopeful57 July 24, 2010

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance "This was the only medicine that I've tried that has completely controlled my asthma. I can't even remember the last time I experienced an attack. I am able to run for miles without any breathing problems."

Anonymous May 12, 2010