User Reviews for Advair Diskus

Learn more about Advair Diskus.

Advair Diskus Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 58 medications used in the treatment of COPD, Maintenance.

Reviews for Advair Diskus to treat COPD, Maintenance

"Can't really tell if it is doing any good. It isn't like night and day. If it is helping, the effect is very subtle. Doesn't show any improvement on my oximeter (relative to non-use)."

Steamer999 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2016

"I have been taking Advair 250/50 for going on 3 years and I love it! My breathing oxygen level stays in the high 90's and I haven't make a trip to the ER for not being able to breath after I started it. Highly recommend it even tho it is pricy"

Mcsmile (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 29, 2015

"I have severe COPD, and have been on Advair 50/250 for 11 years. I am also diabetic due to being overweight, and not being able to exercise. My FEV is 15%. Advair helps, BUT it has played havoc with my blood sugar. I lost 65 pounds since being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a year ago. My blood sugar went down to normal levels since I had to quit taking the Advair (temporarily) due to the high cost. My breathing worsened, so I refilled my Advair, but I my blood sugar went back up over 200. I'm in a dilemma now. The insulin is $600/month. The Advair is $200. If I don't take the Advair, I hardly need any insulin. I do take Xopenex/ipratropium via neb, but that doesn't last all day like the Advair. It's part B, so more affordable by far."

Lulubeans (taken for 10 years or more) September 20, 2015

"Just started this inhaler, Dr. only put me on it for a week. Then she will change me to another type with no powder. But I love the way I can breathe now. Its amazing to me, I CAN BREATHE."

patty777 (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2013

"Advair helps me to breathe, bottom line. I rated it an 8 only because of the side effect of heartburn, which can be almost intolerable at times. I can find something to relieve that discomfort! I don't really have much of an appetite (see as a good thing for maintaining blood sugar levels and weight). I am using in conjunction with another once a day inhaler. I feel better and clearer than I have in years!"

Ayo65 February 21, 2012

"I started taking Advair 50/500 about 2 years ago. I must say that I have noticed almost a complete turn around with my breathing problems which is wonderful. However, I am in the emergency room almost half of every month due to severe heartburn, gallbladder attacks, severe stomach, throat and esophagus pain. It is all due to the Advair. Have been on all the breathing medicines and Advair works the best. Just don't know if I can keep dealing with all these side effects."

blah36 November 29, 2011

"Used it before, but then had it changed to Symbicort. No way of telling which one is better. I seem to get a lot of head colds and sinus drainage with both. Now my MD is putting me back on Advair 250/50, but I doubt it will be effective at all. I walk 5 miles a day in an hour and 13 minutes. So if my time improves a little, then maybe it does help more than Symbicort did."

watzknew September 14, 2010

"I take other medication but after my Doctor prescribed Advair I do have more energy and my breathing is a lot less effortless and in turn a better outlook."

hopeful57 July 24, 2010

"I question the amount of powder that actually makes it into the lungs, what with the mouth, tongue and throat being wet."

roberttweet February 8, 2009

"I have been on Advair Diskus for only 2 days and already I feel like I have much more energy, and I don't wheeze like I used too. Haven't had to have my inhaler in 2 days either. Time will tell lets hope I have found something that works and I can get back to a normal lifestyle."

Anonymous July 21, 2008

"I love Advair. It stopped my chronic wheezing and has given me back my energy."

Anonymous April 24, 2008