User Reviews for Advair Diskus

Advair Diskus Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 58 medications used in the treatment of COPD, Maintenance.

Reviews for Advair Diskus to treat COPD, Maintenance

"I have been on advair diskus for almost a month, By the third day I noticed a difference, I feel normal! The constant mucus is gone, and I'm breathing normally."

Will (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2018

"I've been on Advair Diskus 250/50 for almost one month since being out of the hospital where I coded from COPD. Needless to say I have quit smoking after 30 years (cold turkey) I can actually breathe & no more wheezing. Only drawback is financially it cost $530 & I now have a thick mucus in the back of my throat that I remember having when I once had pneumonia. My throat stays sore & I am so afraid of coming down with pneumonia. Because of this I am going to try using Advair once a day instead of twice a day. I also have nasal drip all night as well."

Southrn_Granny December 16, 2017

"I first began using Advair after my second two week stay in the hospital for upper respiratory infection. For much of my youth and all of my young adult life up to this point 1997, I had constant shortness of breath and periodic times where I was unable to regulate my breathing without a bronchial inhaler 5, 6 or more times a day. The first time I used Advair I noticed a difference and within days I was breathing like I was 12 years old again. I could not believe the difference. It was night and day. I know that other users may not get the same level of relief, but for me it has been a miracle."

TheDom (taken for 10 years or more) December 13, 2017

"I have used the 250/50 disks but I don't use it as much as I'm prescribed "

Bpnj1 October 25, 2017

"On medicare and hit the donut hole in August, Have to pay $185. for one month. Way to much for something thats helping me breathe. Something I have to have. When is a generic or something affordable coming out."

Cootiepie September 28, 2017

"My husband has used advair for about 15 yrs, works great. Dr have tried other inhalers but saw no difference, hope we get a generic advair soon."

Anonymous September 10, 2017

"Doesn't work well for me. Still short of breath and I haven't noticed any improvement. I've been using it for a month."

1960 bjk (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2017

"Does not work for me at all. Also caused diarrhea and sore throat."

suesue62 April 21, 2017

"By the third day I had lost my voice, developed pneumonia, been unable to cough out production from my lungs, scarred my lungs even further. I would expect this product to be removed by the FDA soon. If the condition lasts, I'll be seeking legal council."

Voiceless&Breathless (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2017

"I have both asthma symptoms and copd so advair was given to me for the asthma first. It really helped me breathe better and it is a great med for long term control. As my copd progressed, I was unable to get a good breath to inhale from the diskus so my doc changed me to the HFA inhaler form. Advair is great and effective and I sure know when I have run out how much it helps me breathe."

Lpit180 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 16, 2017

"The very next day after starting Advair my life improved dramatically. I am not kidding....this stuff really works. I now do 40 min of yoga and a full mile of accelarated aerobic walking (20 min) 5 days a week. After that I immediately grab my oximeter....it is almost always at 97 or 98. My dr. says am in severe stage and functioning and a level 1. I don't even use my nebulizer and Aluteral anymore. I am 71 yrs old and am being fully honest."

bro3432 December 15, 2016

"Can't really tell if it is doing any good. It isn't like night and day. If it is helping, the effect is very subtle. Doesn't show any improvement on my oximeter (relative to non-use)."

Steamer999 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2016

"I have been taking Advair 250/50 for going on 3 years and I love it! My breathing oxygen level stays in the high 90's and I haven't make a trip to the ER for not being able to breath after I started it. Highly recommend it even tho it is pricy"

Mcsmile (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 29, 2015

"I have severe COPD, and have been on Advair 50/250 for 11 years. I am also diabetic due to being overweight, and not being able to exercise. My FEV is 15%. Advair helps, BUT it has played havoc with my blood sugar. I lost 65 pounds since being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a year ago. My blood sugar went down to normal levels since I had to quit taking the Advair (temporarily) due to the high cost. My breathing worsened, so I refilled my Advair, but I my blood sugar went back up over 200. I'm in a dilemma now. The insulin is $600/month. The Advair is $200. If I don't take the Advair, I hardly need any insulin. I do take Xopenex/ipratropium via neb, but that doesn't last all day like the Advair. It's part B, so more affordable by far."

Lulubeans (taken for 10 years or more) September 20, 2015

"Just started this inhaler, Dr. only put me on it for a week. Then she will change me to another type with no powder. But I love the way I can breathe now. Its amazing to me, I CAN BREATHE."

patty777 (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2013

"Advair helps me to breathe, bottom line. I rated it an 8 only because of the side effect of heartburn, which can be almost intolerable at times. I can find something to relieve that discomfort! I don't really have much of an appetite (see as a good thing for maintaining blood sugar levels and weight). I am using in conjunction with another once a day inhaler. I feel better and clearer than I have in years!"

Ayo65 February 21, 2012

"I started taking Advair 50/500 about 2 years ago. I must say that I have noticed almost a complete turn around with my breathing problems which is wonderful. However, I am in the emergency room almost half of every month due to severe heartburn, gallbladder attacks, severe stomach, throat and esophagus pain. It is all due to the Advair. Have been on all the breathing medicines and Advair works the best. Just don't know if I can keep dealing with all these side effects."

blah36 November 29, 2011

"Used it before, but then had it changed to Symbicort. No way of telling which one is better. I seem to get a lot of head colds and sinus drainage with both. Now my MD is putting me back on Advair 250/50, but I doubt it will be effective at all. I walk 5 miles a day in an hour and 13 minutes. So if my time improves a little, then maybe it does help more than Symbicort did."

watzknew September 14, 2010

"I take other medication but after my Doctor prescribed Advair I do have more energy and my breathing is a lot less effortless and in turn a better outlook."

hopeful57 July 24, 2010

"I question the amount of powder that actually makes it into the lungs, what with the mouth, tongue and throat being wet."

roberttweet February 8, 2009

"I have been on Advair Diskus for only 2 days and already I feel like I have much more energy, and I don't wheeze like I used too. Haven't had to have my inhaler in 2 days either. Time will tell lets hope I have found something that works and I can get back to a normal lifestyle."

Anonymous July 21, 2008

"I love Advair. It stopped my chronic wheezing and has given me back my energy."

Anonymous April 24, 2008