User Reviews for Advair Diskus

Learn more about Advair Diskus.

Advair Diskus Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 57 medications used in the treatment of COPD, Maintenance.

Reviews for Advair Diskus to treat COPD, Maintenance

"On medicare and hit the donut hole in August, Have to pay $185. for one month. Way to much for something thats helping me breathe. Something I have to have. When is a generic or something affordable coming out."

Cootiepie September 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My husband has used advair for about 15 yrs, works great. Dr have tried other inhalers but saw no difference, hope we get a generic advair soon."

Anonymous September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Doesn't work well for me. Still short of breath and I haven't noticed any improvement. I've been using it for a month."

1960 bjk (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Does not work for me at all. Also caused diarrhea and sore throat."

suesue62 April 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"By the third day I had lost my voice, developed pneumonia, been unable to cough out production from my lungs, scarred my lungs even further. I would expect this product to be removed by the FDA soon. If the condition lasts, I'll be seeking legal council."

Voiceless&Breathless (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have both asthma symptoms and copd so advair was given to me for the asthma first. It really helped me breathe better and it is a great med for long term control. As my copd progressed, I was unable to get a good breath to inhale from the diskus so my doc changed me to the HFA inhaler form. Advair is great and effective and I sure know when I have run out how much it helps me breathe."

Lpit180 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The very next day after starting Advair my life improved dramatically. I am not kidding....this stuff really works. I now do 40 min of yoga and a full mile of accelarated aerobic walking (20 min) 5 days a week. After that I immediately grab my oximeter....it is almost always at 97 or 98. My dr. says am in severe stage and functioning and a level 1. I don't even use my nebulizer and Aluteral anymore. I am 71 yrs old and am being fully honest."

bro3432 December 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Can't really tell if it is doing any good. It isn't like night and day. If it is helping, the effect is very subtle. Doesn't show any improvement on my oximeter (relative to non-use)."

Steamer999 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking Advair 250/50 for going on 3 years and I love it! My breathing oxygen level stays in the high 90's and I haven't make a trip to the ER for not being able to breath after I started it. Highly recommend it even tho it is pricy"

Mcsmile (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 29, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have severe COPD, and have been on Advair 50/250 for 11 years. I am also diabetic due to being overweight, and not being able to exercise. My FEV is 15%. Advair helps, BUT it has played havoc with my blood sugar. I lost 65 pounds since being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a year ago. My blood sugar went down to normal levels since I had to quit taking the Advair (temporarily) due to the high cost. My breathing worsened, so I refilled my Advair, but I my blood sugar went back up over 200. I'm in a dilemma now. The insulin is $600/month. The Advair is $200. If I don't take the Advair, I hardly need any insulin. I do take Xopenex/ipratropium via neb, but that doesn't last all day like the Advair. It's part B, so more affordable by far."

Lulubeans (taken for 10 years or more) September 20, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Just started this inhaler, Dr. only put me on it for a week. Then she will change me to another type with no powder. But I love the way I can breathe now. Its amazing to me, I CAN BREATHE."

patty777 (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Advair helps me to breathe, bottom line. I rated it an 8 only because of the side effect of heartburn, which can be almost intolerable at times. I can find something to relieve that discomfort! I don't really have much of an appetite (see as a good thing for maintaining blood sugar levels and weight). I am using in conjunction with another once a day inhaler. I feel better and clearer than I have in years!"

Ayo65 February 21, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking Advair 50/500 about 2 years ago. I must say that I have noticed almost a complete turn around with my breathing problems which is wonderful. However, I am in the emergency room almost half of every month due to severe heartburn, gallbladder attacks, severe stomach, throat and esophagus pain. It is all due to the Advair. Have been on all the breathing medicines and Advair works the best. Just don't know if I can keep dealing with all these side effects."

blah36 November 29, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Used it before, but then had it changed to Symbicort. No way of telling which one is better. I seem to get a lot of head colds and sinus drainage with both. Now my MD is putting me back on Advair 250/50, but I doubt it will be effective at all. I walk 5 miles a day in an hour and 13 minutes. So if my time improves a little, then maybe it does help more than Symbicort did."

watzknew September 14, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I take other medication but after my Doctor prescribed Advair I do have more energy and my breathing is a lot less effortless and in turn a better outlook."

hopeful57 July 24, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I question the amount of powder that actually makes it into the lungs, what with the mouth, tongue and throat being wet."

roberttweet February 8, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on Advair Diskus for only 2 days and already I feel like I have much more energy, and I don't wheeze like I used too. Haven't had to have my inhaler in 2 days either. Time will tell lets hope I have found something that works and I can get back to a normal lifestyle."

Anonymous July 21, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I love Advair. It stopped my chronic wheezing and has given me back my energy."

Anonymous April 24, 2008