User Reviews for Evolocumab

Also known as: Repatha, Repatha Pushtronex

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Evolocumab.

High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous
8.7

High Cholesterol, Fa...ial Heterozygous
7.9

High Cholesterol
5.7

Summary of Evolocumab reviews 7.4 67 reviews

Reviews for Evolocumab

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "My total cholesterol was over 600, on Repatha 370. . LDL was 570, on Repatha 240. HDL 40’s. Repatha certainly dented my numbers but, I now have horrible back pain, that’s getting worse w/each injection. I’ve been prescribed PT. I will not continue Repatha if it’s going to take out my back. What exactly is it doing to my body?!"

Mlmb January 9, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I have been on Repatha for 12 months, I had 1 hour sleep a night for 2 months but back to normal now. Before I started it I was not able to do any lifting without collapsing through heart disease, I can now do anything I used to and recently underpinned my house, by hand, it seems like a miracle drug but my cholesterol seems to be going back up it started at 9 went down to 4.1 after starting Repatha but is now 5.3 still ok but worried about the future, will it keep going up again. I am now starting to get pain in my knees I live in England so receive the drug on the NHS SO I don't know the cost of the drug"

Dhdmk January 6, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "The first injections were fine. Then I started having muscle, joint, and overall body pain which was very severe. Continued on drug several more months and although chlolesterol lowered from total 212 lb to 158 lb the pain has become unbearable. I stopped after 6 months and a month later only moderate improvement of body pain. I hope the muscles are not damaged"

dotla (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Started shots every two weeks in May 2017. Within a month I had a severe sinus infection. Dr. said allergies were bad for everybody and there was a lot of people suffering. Took two months worth of injections and I couldn't keep from having a stuffy nose and allergy symptoms. Cholesterol dropped from 250 to 140 but have trouble breathing and nose keeps plugging. I quit for a month and symptoms got better so I took another injection. This was my last. 6 months now and I have such nose swelling that I now have to have an operation to try and open my nasal passages. Miserable! Want to bring lawsuit for no sleep in a month and fight every minute to breathe through my nose."

Lee D. (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 25, 2017

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Cardiologist gave me samples of repatha pending ins approval. Brought Ldl down from 169 to 69 with no side effects. Insurance denied coverage now going through a program which hopefully will provide the medicine."

Steady "eddy" December 23, 2017

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "My LDL has gone from 9.1 to 1.37 in 16 months. Yes..from 9.1 to 1.37! Unable to take oral statins my cardiologist recommended and I'm so glad she did! Thank you!"

L.A. (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 20, 2017

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I have been taking this drug bi monthly for 2 months. The initial runny nose side effect was an irritant, but went away after a month. The muscle and back pain, however, has continued and gotten much worse. I will most likely be discontinuing this drug. Here it is a week before Christmas and I am hosting my entire family throughout the holidays with this debilitating pain. Ugh!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2017

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I cannot take statins due to allergic as well as flu like symptoms so I was hoping Repatha would be a godsend. Well that didn’t happen. Soon after taking Repatha, after each injection, I experienced the following debilitating reactions: severe lower back pain, knee pain, extreme pain under both feet, and severe dry eyes! And what’s crazy is the fact that I had to get cortisone injections as a nerve block in my lower back to counteract this medication. And it didn’t work! This really conveys what Repatha can do to your body and it’s negative side effects! Seek alternatives please."

Sara Stephany December 15, 2017

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "After severe muscle and joint pain following my third injection I discontinued use of Repatha at the end of Sept. 2017. It is now the middle of December 2017 and although the pain has subsided somewhat the use of my right leg has been severely compromised. I feel the sensation of an electric shock 24x7 that moves around my right leg. I have repeatedly contacted Amgen for info. Specifically I asked whether symptoms would subside or whether I would have this permanently. They repeatedly said "call your doctor". Well the doctors don't know because this is a relatively new medication. Repatha has refused to answer any of my questions directly and has provided NO support. It seems they really don't want to know about this. BE CAREFUL!!"

Steve Mac (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2017

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "It was suggested that I try Repatha, as I had issues with Lipitor, Advicor, Crestor, and Zetia. I have had multiple heart stents, with the last stent installed in Dec of 2016, and was considered high risk. My cholesterol was at 192, HDL 39, and LDL 70. After taking Repatha, cholesterol was reduced to 96, HDL raised to 44, and LDL lowed to 52. Along with the good change in the blood test numbers, I have found myself with the following issues: mild headache, runny nose, scratchy throat, leg and stomach cramping, lower back and neck pain, flu like symptoms and heart palpitations. I just feel really lousy. I took three injections (two weeks apart), and then stopped. Five weeks later, I took another injection, and this is how I feel."

Ron B December 7, 2017

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I started taking 1 injection/mo. in July of 2017. It brought my numbers down immediately....Total cholesterol 157, HDL 58, LDL 77...not bad from where I was. Then after the 2nd injection in August, I started getting severe pain on my right inner thigh, then left inner thigh. Kind of like an electric shock, so bad, I had to stand up right away. I tried one more injection in Sept 2017, and then decided to stop. After 2 weeks, of being off Repatha, the pain had gone. It hasn't come back, but I have not had an injection since Sept 2017, and it is now Dec 5th. Going back for blood work, and I'm sure my cholesterol will be back to 250. I can't tolerate statins, so I'm back to square 1."

RonG1 December 5, 2017

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Excellent blood panels following regular monthly injections. I’ve been on it for 24 months with the past 8 months presenting with lower back/ side pain strong burning sensation I mistook for lower back strain. Icing gave no relief so I stopped for 6 weeks and back pain subsided. I recently took another injection and 2 days later my lower back pain has returned along with strong burning pain in my right thigh down to my kneecap very strong stinging sensation. Very disappointing. Doc states he may try me on another alternative therapy and stop Repatha ."

Markuz (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 21, 2017

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Recently diagnosed with a unruptured brain aneurysm and had a history of high cholesterol. Tried statins and caused significant multi organ issues and stopped a year ago after four months. Cardiologist family member recommended Repatha to control control LDL as it is a determining factor in rupture of aneurysms. I was surprised at how easy it was to administer. I expected a syringe and a vial. The application is a little machine and is 100% painless. I have taken it just a few days ago and my BP is 108 over 60. My headaches are gone. I feel 20 years younger. I am confident that my bad cholesterol will be 70% less when tested. Truly a wonderful drug that I believe has improved my quality of life and stopped me from a rupture and death."

Taxmeless (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2017

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I have had major cholesterol problems my entire life and over 30 years ago had quadruple bypass. I have been on every medication known to doctors and had minimal benefit from statins. I have been on Repatha for over 2 years and can confirm that it is a wonder drug for me with no side effects. I only hope that the pricing will get reasonable and our insurance will start to cover this amazing drug that really works."

Ken 200 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 23, 2017

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I am 69 years old. I have been an athlete all my life and have run over forty thousand miles. I do not tolerate statins due to severe muscle pain. I was walking 6 miles a day prior to taking Repatha. After three shots of Repatha I developed debilitating pain and weakness in my back and right leg. 9 on the pain scale. I still, three weeks later, have difficulty walking. It seems to be improving somewhat with better days followed by a more difficult day. This has had a terrible impact on my quality of life. DO NOT TAKE this drug!"

Steve Mac (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2017

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "This drug was like a miracle for me! I'm 29 and have known about my FH since I was 18. I do not tolerate statins or Zetia very well and the only medicine I've been able to take is 2 mg of Livalo. On the Livalo my total cholesterol was 262 and my LDL was 280. I'm fairly active for my age and in pretty good shape (I could lose about 10-15 lbs). I ran my first full marathon last year. After taking Repatha along with the Livalo for 6 weeks, my total cholesterol is now 130 and my LDL is 69. I have had absolutely no side effects. I'm still in shock and I feel like I'm in a dream. I'm so thankful this drug is available!!"

TabMz October 11, 2017

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I'm going to start repatha injections. What I want to know is this for the rest of my life?"

Gayledutchy October 3, 2017

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "After 1 shot started diarrhea, scalded my skin and it made open sore. Lower right back started hurting. Day 17 I'm waiting on blood work before I take a second shot and my neck at the base hurts. Weird pains I'm not used to that hurt and affect my life quality. Can't take statins. Don't think I'll ever take another shot of Repatha. If it messes with your liver it can kill you. Will walk at least 60 minutes a day every day. Continue watch fat and trans and cholesterol. Last shot 27 days ago. Between initial post and now, I'm still nauseated. Loose bowels every time I eat I have to go. Can't go anywhere. And physically irritating. Still knees and back pain and behind my eyes, trouble swallowing, body spasms. Still so tired and no energy and have trouble."

Ginjoe (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2017

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Took one shot and after two days started with nausea. Due in 3 days for another but not going to do it. The cost was like a mortgage payment and I am a senior citizen. Will try and be faithful to a good diet. The nausea is still with me."

minnowpp September 5, 2017

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Terrible leg and knee pain , the drug worked great in reducing my bad numbers but the pain is not worth the results"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2017

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Took 3 shots or Repatha. OK after first one, but after the 2nd and 3rd I began to feel bad. Had back aches, soreness in hips and knees. Difficulty in climbing stairs. Blood work showed that it did lower my total cholesterol and LDL. However, I feel that this drug is not worth the serious side effects which I experienced."

njboy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2017

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "Took my 3rd fortnightly shot and I will not take any more the side effect are getting worse back ache muscle ache runny nose feel like I'm run down with a cold"

Okthanks123 August 27, 2017

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I have been living with high LDL my entire life. I had 4 CT heart scans over a 20 year period. Mild Plaque burden in one area seen grew to 3 areas. I tried almost every statin on the market. I could NOT tolerate statins. Between muscle aches, joint pain, muddled thought, energy issues. When running to Google my symptoms online, I realized thousands of people were experiencing the exact same. I was convinced all these odd symptoms were from the statins. I was off and on 4x and subsequently stopped. Note: best blood results were Lipitor but still MANY unbearable side effects! I ride a bike. I'm athletic. I'm physically fit my entire life. I eat better then most. My blood work with Rapyha after 3 months almost seems like a miracle."

Joe 46 yo, genetic Lipid issue (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2017

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "Took Repatha on advice of my Doctor since I had very bad reactions to all the statins. After injection 3 I blew up like a balloon so badly I could not wear any of my clothes, I was very ichy, had huge red blotches all over my body, did a lot of throwing up, eyes swollen shut. Still suffering after 2 months off Repatha. Do Not Take It."

Smhb (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2017

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I have taken two 140 mg at 2 weeks apart. I know that I am just starting. For the first 4 days after each injection, I felt "tension" and did not feel like being social. Minor body aches, weakness, and fatigue."

Enrique Cezanne (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2017