User Reviews for Evolocumab

Also known as: Repatha, Repatha Pushtronex

Learn more about Evolocumab.

High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous 3 reviews 10 medications

8.7
High Cholesterol, Fa...ial Heterozygous 12 reviews 16 medications

8.2
High Cholesterol 25 reviews 49 medications

6.3
Summary of Evolocumab reviews 40 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Evolocumab

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Horrible experience. Lost all lower body strength. Severe and I mean severe knee pain. My knees would burn all over and just a lite touch to them would make the pain even worse! Have had bad tendinitis for 4 months. Pulled back muscles. Walking became difficult. Didn’t even bring my numbers down. Stopped taking it and felt my strength and muscles return. Still waiting on my tendinitis but I feel it is finally getting better. Not safe, not effective, wouldn’t recommend to a lab rat."

Mailman2 June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Had high total cholesterol. Crestor helped but didn't get LDL low enough. Took Zetia and that caused serious joint and muscle pain. Started taking Repatha samples from doctor. It's working great with no side effects. Total cholesterol 121, LDL 38 and HDL 58. Unfortunately, Blue Cross doesn't want to pay for it, so my doc is going through the appeal process."

Judge Roy Bean (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I started taking Repatha in April 2017 and the first thing I noticed was back pain, then muscle pain. I can't use my right arm for much and can't open jars and things that required using my wrist. I am dizzy headed, and feel so bad all the time. (Fatigue I guess) I am taking 2-3 hour naps during the day and I am only 51. I've never done this before. I talked to my doctor and she said come off of the Repatha for a month and see how I feel. She's not sure it's the medicine. Repatha is really easy to use and is shipped right to my door in a cooler package. Repatha dropped my bad cholesterol from 187 to 67 after 3 doses. (bi-weekly). I don't know what to do about taking This drug. I think it's making me feel really bad all the time."

Carrisum (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "After several months of no problems I have a UTI. Not sure if it related to the drug or not. While on this drug I have gone from a 229 cholesterol to 159. Not sure the ends justify the means but since I can't take the regular drugs for high cholesterol"

donna48 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol: "Fantastic medication. Currently on month three with no side effects at two injections per month. Yes it is expensive and yes it will lower cholesterol far better than statins ever can. Talk with your doctor if you can afford this medication!"

Peter1982 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "After taking the 2nd shot started having back pain, pain in my knees and hands I can't take statins for the same reasons I was hoping this was the drug without the pain"

Ray l (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Work great but, my quality of life wasn't there. Drug turned my muscles into marshmallow to the point I couldn't walk. So what's the point. I ended up pulling muscles when I bent over, $300 later @ a chiropractic put me back together again. Statins for me are bad news !!!! Can't take them PERIOD so quit pushing the meds @ $500.00 a shot"

SLAP (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "Bad chol at 48 (about 156). Total chol at 148 and good chol at 66 after 5 months with statines. It's amazing."

Eric Theunissen March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I'm a very active 63 yr old with a 4x bypass. After a year of not recommending any cholesterol treatment I finally brought it up myself with my doctor, when she recommended Repatha because of my statin intolerance. After my first injection I started to experience muscle pain in my lats and pecs. It felt like a severe muscle cramp that spread to my arms, although my muscles were not constricting as they would with a muscle cramp. I conferred with my doctor and she said I should not be feeling any side effects because it takes 3 months to reach a therapeutic level so I took the shot the second month and I'm sorry that I did and will not be taking it again because the pain has spread to other areas."

Hurting in VA March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I have inherited familial high cholesterol. At age 36, I had quintuple by-pass surgery. At age 46, 56, 63 and 65, I had stents due to blockages. I've been taking statins for 30 years in spite of severe muscle pain, currently Crestor and started Rapatha injections every two weeks, shortly after it became available. I consider the shortness of breath I have been experiencing to the Rapatha, and my symptoms have grown increasingly worse during this period of time, including weakness and trouble breathing. I have allergies and asthma, which I thought was the source of my trouble breathing, however, my breathing problems have significantly worsened since taking Rapatha and is a debilitating side effect. Cholesterol has dropped significantly."

Mastry March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Be careful. This drug can put you in the hospital within the first week. I suffered debilitating muscle pain in my left leg. I lost half the muscles. I had to sit in a chair for 3 months to recover on 60 mg of steroids. It took 8 months to figure it out. If you have any pain in your legs or back stop immediately. Don't think you can overcome the pain, the company will not admit the severity."

GaryE March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "After 15 years of cholesterol issues and statin intolerence, I met a great cardiologist after my heart attack and now have 3 stints. She got the insurance to cover the Repatha. I had blood work after 12 weeks. My total cholesterol is cut in half. Triglycerides from 85 to 74, LDL 154 to 55, HDL from 42 to 46. I'm on my 2nd quarter of shots so we'll see where it goes after another 12 weeks."

Lawnman (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I have heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia. I also have coronary artery disease as a result. The statin medications caused me to have myalgia, malaise, protein in my urine, increased blood sugar levels, weakness and forgetfulness. After having triple bypass surgery 4 1\2 years ago, my LDL was still too high despite being on a high dosage of Crestor and zetia. I started Repatha 6 months ago and my LDL is at a record low and my HDL has increased. The only side effects are slight burning at the injection site and minor flu like symptoms that last for a day. In my opinion Repatha is a miracle drug."

Li'ipua (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "In September of 2012 I had triple bypass surgery and in October of 2014 a stent to my left renal artery. I have coronary artery disease due to heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia. I was on numerous statin medications and they had nasty side effects. Additionally, they did not lower my LDL'S to safe levels. My total cholesterol before my surgery was 300 with high triglycerides and LDL. Due to the high dosage of statin drugs, I had horrible myalgia, malaise, forgetfulness, protein in my urine, elevated blood sugar and muscle weakness. After being on Repatha for 6 months my cholesterol has being lowered by 70%. The only side effect from Repatha is stinging at the injection site. It is a miracle drug."

Mel Conrad February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I was on Praluent for a year no side effects, cholesterol was great. Insurance wanted me to switch to Rapetha, after 2nd injection noticed constant stomach pain, constant diarrhea, and I have vivid dreams all night and wake up exhausted. I called my doctor to go back to Praluent, I cannot take the side effects."

Bad genes (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous: "High Cholesterol (425 total) for all adult life-diagnosed at 35, went thru every LDL lowering drug as they were new to market. Some lowered as much as 100 points, numbers still very high. Triple Bypass surgery exactly 2 years ago, cardiologist started me on Repatha when it was released 1 year ago. The first 3 months I was battled flu and colds. It seemed my immunity was lowered. I was very run down and started on B12 and Vitamin C. I tried to resume a somewhat active life this past summer and became exhausted very quickly. Still working on building strength and staying healthy! Tests show Total Cholesterol at 165 (!) Wow. Thankful for Repatha , my supportive family & amazing results!"

tennismom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I have had high cholesterol with hypertension since I was in my late 20s. I was diagnosed with CAD when I turned 50 after having my first of three stents in the same blood vessel. I was in the double blind test using Amgen's PCSK9 inhibitor for about two years. When it became available to the public, I requested it from my insurer. Amgen supplied the drug to me for no cost for 6 months when my insurance company finally denied coverage. While I was taking the injections, my LDL was 20; overall cholesterol 109. Once I went off the drug, my LDL rose to 103; overall cholesterol 212. Once I went on medicare another supplemental prescription ins. company, I reapplied for Repatha. I was approved for one year & am currently taking it."

I be gone (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I have been on Repatha for over 6 months. It has worked wonderful for me. My cholesterol is down to approximately 30. Sadly I note some side effects on certain patients as noted in some of these reports. I am sorry to hear of this as Repatha certainly has done it's job for me. As for me- I have had NO SIDE EFFECTS from REPATHA. When I administer this drug into my belly, (the needle barely penetrates the skin) I have a slight sensation of this substance going into my body. This feeling lasts for about 30 seconds. I have had quad by-pass surgery and most certainly am trying to keep my cholesterol count to a minimum. Repatha is certainly doing this with me. I would not hesitate to suggest Repatha to any of my friends or family."

Doug T (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I have always hurt taking statins and refused for over 15 yrs to take more than a few weeks, because side effects of pain, aching, memory loss. Heart doctor and family doctor pushed me into taking Repatha as my cholesterol was 553. September2016, I tried it and first 2 injections were ok, no side effects. but as soon as I took the third I have been in the most pain I have experienced in my life. Every joint, tendon, muscle, from my neck to my toes. It is now December27,2016 and the pain has just increased instead of decreased. If I lay down or sit for just a while I can hardly move when I get back up. I never had problems in my hands or knees before but feel like I could fall when walking. and hands feel numb with tingling and pain."

Indiana resident (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Stroke at 45...heart attack at 51...high cholesterol since 30's and statins did not work..Repatha brought cholesterol down to 80 from 275....all levels perfect...no side effects..I started treatment July 2016."

DeAnna M. November 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I inject in my stomach, have had nasal/congestion issues. I also have pressure behind my eyes and headaches in the first week. I have had extremely dry skin to my face (normally oily), not sure if associated with this med or not. Leg and toe cramps have been horrible! Not sure the good will outweigh the bad. Still waiting on insurance approval, so unsure of cost at this time."

bbailey661 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I started taking Repatha in Feb. of 2016. It lowered my cholesterol considerably at the beginning but started experiencing pain in my legs, hips, back and shoulders right after taking it but did not tie it to the Repatha at first. I gave myself an injection in the leg in August and had a large swelling at the site of the injection. It went down in 4 days, but the pain in my body became severe to the point I could not walk many days. My muscles and tendons became very swollen. I called the number listed on the Repatha prescription insert a total of 4 times the pain was so bad. The Repatha reps were no help and told me to talk to my doctor. I finally ended up in the E.R. and then had an aneurysm 3 days ago. I blame it on Repatha!"

66Max October 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "Age:40 weight:170 pounds height:5' 10" Had heart attack at 35, have 5 stents. Cholesterol prior to attack 280... Have been on max dose of statins for last 5 years and cholesterol has been at 180. No additional improvement with zetia so discontinued. Started Repatha in addition to 40mg Crestor about 5 months ago. Total Cholesterol has been at about 80 since the first month (hdl 50 ldl 30 tri g 55 ). No side affects with statins or Repatha."

Texas resident (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "Tried to take statins in past and can't tolerate them. Tried Niacin approach which didn't work. Three months on Repatha and my cholesterol went from 330 to 143. No change in diet. wow. It works! No side effects. Easy to self inject. miracle drug we have been waiting for."

Anonymous September 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I experience an allergy-like response in my sinus and most likely is the cause pain behind my eyes. I believe I have had a rash also. I thought it was poison ivy but it was all over in different places. My eyes seem drier also. The cholesterol lowering effect has been huge! My doctor and I decided to go back to Crestor at a lower dose."

Wall-e August 30, 2016