User Reviews for Evolocumab

Also known as: Repatha, Repatha Pushtronex, Repatha SureClick, Repatha Autoinjector

High Cholesterol, Fa...ial Heterozygous

High Cholesterol
4.3

Summary of Evolocumab reviews 4.9 153 reviews

Reviews for Evolocumab

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "After a heart attack and trying various statins, diet and excercise, my cardiologist prescribed Repatha. The most serious side effect I experience is abdominal cramps that keeps me in the bathroom for hours. This starts 3 days after the shot and lasts for 4 days. I had to stop taking this. I also experienced cold symptoms, sore throat, and fatigue."

EliotNYC (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "One more anecdote. I'm nearly 60 and having morning erections again since taking Repatha. Statins broke down my muscles, but this drug makes me feel good!"

MarkK (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I started using repatha a year ago and I was experiencing a bad cough and flu symptoms shortly after each injection. I didn’t want to think it was the repatha because it lowered my cholesterol to an amazing number! I continued taking it most of the time unless I wasn’t feeling well. In the fall I started getting a bad cold every few weeks and someday a fever... I still didn’t want to blame it on the repatha. I’ve had 3 colds in the last 6 weeks and now I’m experiencing flu symptoms and another bad cough! I am normally a healthy person! I now think it’s the repatha. I can’t live like this being sick all the time!! I will go off the repatha... ugh"

Caryl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 13, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I am on my 9th bi-weekly injection. My blood numbers are terrific with my LDL’s down to 44. It’s the first time in my life that my numbers are good. I am a 68 year old male in good health who rides his bike 10 miles every day and have had high cholesterol my whole life. The cost has come down to a manageable level. While I had some symptoms of colds and flue in the beginning I am now back to normal. I have my blood checked every two months. Diet and exercise never helped me at all. I do not work for Repatha as I am a Paper recycler."

Big Tab (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "My mother took reptha. If you are taking this medication by watch for memory lose, having a hard walking, anything not normal. This medication just about killed my mother. From heart problems to liver. Her memory confusion started mild, along with the walking problems. She went from walking on her on to a cane to walker. She is 3 weeks from last shot and finally she can walk with the walker again and yet she had been really bad last month and half. Thought we where going to loose her. Please be careful with Repatha."

Minipitt39 March 8, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I took Repatha for about 15 months. The side effects was terrible. I have been off of it for 6 months and still having issues. I wish it would all get out of me and things go back to what it was. "

Takesugar (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 5, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Injected 1st Repatha on a Tuesday woke up vomiting and spiked high fever on Wednesday. Woke up Thursday with horrible sore throat that progressively got worst as day went on. Went to dr on Friday to see if it was strep throat, it was negative. It hurt so bad where my thyroid gland is located and I have sharp pain in my right jaw, weird thing it didn’t hurt to eat. Saturday I experienced body aches and fatigue I had issues lying flat on my back due to swelling in my throat it was hard to breathe. Sunday had horrible stabbing stomach pains followed by significant diarrhea. Tuesday I woke up with swelling on my left side of my face, went to urgent care. Came back sub acute thyroiditis and Bell’s palsy. Alerted Amgen, FDA and cardiologist of side effects caused by Repatha. Won’t ever take it again no worth all the side effects and sick days at work. Crazy thing is everyone acts like it’s the first time they have ever heard of side effects with Repatha."

JB (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "This drug is a lifesaver for me. Vegetarian for over 20 years and still had blockages in heart and carotid artery and had heart attack. Statins were not tolerable at all as I suffered from severe cramps in my entire legs and hands which were so severe I had to stop. Now on Repatha, Lipid profile is fantastic. I stay hydrated and have had zero side effects on Repatha."

Kinewah (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 9, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I think this drug is killing me. I have severe pain everywhere, but especially in my back. I am talking severe with trips to E. R. Nothing is helping. Now I am beginning to have urinary incontinence and need to walk with a cane. I cannot get up & down alone, & I have to sleep sitting up in a chair with a heating pad since the pain in getting out of bed is excruciating. I am scared to death & I have only had 2 doses, nearly a month ago now. I took this due to my cholesterol being so high, & my heart history being so bad. I really wanted this to help, but I am really scared now and in pain 24/7. Several people said if you have any history of back/muscle/bone pain this will intensify it tremendously & that is what has happened to me."

bj (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Took injections for three months, last one Nov. 15, 2018. Leg pain, weak, walk like 90 year old bag lady for three weeks afterwards. Then, shoulder pain for three weeks. Could not roll over in bed. Now, Jan. 25, have had four weeks hand pain. Have a shoe box full of creams, horse lineament. Only relief, 10 mg opioid and 4 aspirin, good for 4 hours sleep. One hand swollen, one burning nerve, both swollen painful joints. Doctors have no suggestions, maybe cortisone shot in wrist, ouch! or surgery. TO my body this Repatha is poison!!"

Sailandcrash (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous: "I am a 68 year old male with high LDL's. I'm on my 6th dose. I have gone from every two weeks to one dose per month. My first 3 doses brought blurry vision and lung issues. These symptoms have subsided to zero. My LDL's have dropped from the high 100's down to 44. I will continue on 1 dose per month and check my blood monthly. If I can get this drug to continually work for me to keep my blood numbers in order I will be happy. I have never had numbers in the green before. Big Moe"

Big Moe (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous: "Lowered my bad cholesterol increase my triglycerides. The worst part is severe back and leg pain. I stopped taking it and am taking my chances with a better diet rather than not being able to walk. This is a horrible medicine it should be banned by the FDA"

teamster282 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "POISON. Flu syndrome immediately after one injection followed by 8 months of muscle pain, cramps, and tightness, mostly in legs. Fatigue as well. No help from baclofen, diazepam, OTC pain meds."

Neil M.D. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "My LCL was over 3000, and at 6 months 585 by using Omega 3, crestor and rapatha every 2 weeks. They have saved my life. I've been on it now 9 months and I won't quit it for anything."

Sandy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I took a total of 6 injections of Repatha beginning in the middle of March, 2018. It is the worst mistake I ever made. Yes it lowered my cholesterol, but the side effects it gave me are intolerable. It is now the middle of Jan. 2019 and my pain in my neck, back, and legs keep getting worse. Was told it would leave my body in 3 months, but that has not happened. I’m afraid I will have to live like this"

Lu Lu (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "I have been on repatha 2 months before adding pralulent. With both meds my nose gets terrible sores inside and makes my nose so sore I cannot touch it . Sometimes my nose will throb like a toothache . I have stopped and this problem goes away . When I start back maybe 4 or 5 days later the sores come back ."

Rudolph (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I used Repatha for 12 months and was pain free for the first 8 months. Thereafter, pain started growing in right leg just below and above the right knee. The muscle in this area became so sore that by the 11th month of use I could not walk without a limp. On the 12th and final month, I discontinued the Repatha as I could no longer climb a stairway with my damaged right leg muscle. Two weeks have passed since my last Repatha dose and my leg muscle pain is 95% gone. The Repatha did lower my LDL to 52, which was great, but what damage it was doing to my leg muscle, and any other parts of my body I'm not aware of, I just don't know. It is virtually the same to my body as was any of the statins I tried. None of them worked for me at age 77 years, male, and in very good health other than high cholesterol."

David (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 29, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "Injected Repatha for the first time this past Tuesday. Despite all the trouble I have had with statins and blood pressure meds in general, I naively thought the new blazing headaches waking me at night were sugar bonks. I have also lost both energy and focus, and have low grade body aches the life-long day. And forgive me, I almost forgot the tapping noise in one ear that comes and goes. Maybe I'll have the tree decorated by next Christmas, assuming I don't stay away from this stuff!"

Double D (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "49 yr old male that had stemi (ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction ) heart attack. Two stents placed in LAD and RCA arteries. Hypothyroid, diabetes, high cholesterol, HTN. Treated 2 yrs ago with statin drugs and a had a serious reaction. Started with paranoia and mood disorder. Stopped the statin drug for 3 weeks and was placed on another statin drug and suffered from full blown psychosis. As to this day he still has to take antipyschotic meds. So my concern was starting Repatha and going through these same symptoms. The nurse assured me he should not have that type of reaction. Well after the first dose of Repatha I thought everything was good. Some paranoia returning but subsided as the drug began to wear. 2nd dose after two weeks paranoia has returned. Will consult family practitioner and cardiologist before next dose. If this drug has same rare side effects as statin and not reversal I will seek an attorney."

Frustrated (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I put my experience up sometime ago and now I have taken my 7th injection. My neck is hurting so bad I don't think I can continue on this medication. Dizziness is bad and back pain. Going to contact my Cardiologist to try and stop this nonsense"

Red (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "Have been taking over three years. Repatha, along with Livalo, has been nothing short of a miracle. ZERO side effects, and my total cholesterol has gone from over 700 to 110. I experienced severe leg pain on both Lipitor 80 and Crestor 40. The self injector shots are quick and easy, and despite how many times Familial Heterozygous high cholesterol has tried to kill me, it just may not succeed this time."

Starminder (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 30, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "I commented about 10 weeks back. First week a few minor blips, but after second week a background flu thing going on. I also noticed exacerbation pain of many old injuries. After the second injection I began to deteriorate, I noticed some mild difficulty swallowing and feeling of fullness very quickly with meals. The flu feeling got much worse and I started to get a general arthralgia. After the third injection I was in trouble with back ache, burning when urinating, diarrhoea, back pain, tenderness in all muscle groups and my heart was skipping beats. I felt absolutely dreadful, my consultant stopped repatha immediately. He declared cogently (urgently) that this reaction was not common. I do have a rare genetic muscle disorder which is subtle. He is just not confident to say that repatha had caused the problems, but did agree that it may be linked. I can only say that my experience with repatha was dreadful. Will update second time around. Best Jim"

Jamesgui (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous: "I started taking Repatha in September 2018 due to high cholesterol numbers and have had no significant problems. To give you an idea of how well this medicine has worked for me my total cholesterol when I started was 309 and just 2 months later it’s 101. Couldn’t be happier with the results."

Gabby (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "Started Repatha just about this time last year. Couple of days after 1st injection developed diarrhea, always tired, runny nose and fit of sneezing. Numb spot on my left thigh from injection. Felt like I had the flu all the time. Skin problems and a few other things. My cardiologist said I would adjust to repatha, I never did adjust. I quit repatha in April of 2018 its now 11/2018. I still have the side effects I listed above. I have to wonder if side effects are permanent. The Mfg hasn't return any of my doctors phone calls. Anyone thought about legal action?"

eaglewynd (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "I was one of the original people on the blind study. At the time I was a caretaker and I started getting terrible back pain but I attributed it to lifting my husband. The pain continued. After a year my husband passed and my back pain got worse and then the leg pain started. I went to many doctors and no one could find a problem. I even had cortisone shots which did not help. After researching all my medications I finally came to the conclusion that it might be repatha. I decided to stop it for a few months. It didn’t seem to stop but it did get a little better but not enough for me to stop it altogether. I decided to go back on. Two months later after four shots it is worse then ever. I can hardly walk. After reading some more I realized that I didn’t give it enough time. I am going off it again. Hopefully the pains will go away. I read that it could take up to a year to completely go away if at all. When I was on the drug the expense was covered by the study. I am still on it."

Paty November 12, 2018