User Reviews for Evolocumab systemic

High Cholesterol
4.4

Summary of Evolocumab reviews 5.0 128 reviews

Reviews for Evolocumab

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "I have taken my second shot of Repatha today, Sunday November 04, 2018. I had a lot of negative issues after my first shot including inability to focus, vision issues, malaise, and back pain. I have contracted some type of chest cold and am now on an antibiotic. I do not know if it was Repatha related. I will report back after another week to update you."

Big Moe (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "After 2 months on Repatha, 4 injections, I just got the results and to say that I am flabbergasted would be a terrific understatement! My total cholesterol dropped 158 points, with the LDL dropping a whopping 177 points!!! I won't go into my history, but I have tried every damn statin that exists and I cannot tolerate any of them. I tried to the point of damaging my body, and even taking painkillers to mask the muscle pain, and after a couple of month, I had to stop. Welchol worked, BUT I have had colorectal cancer with major alterations due to surgery and it constipated me so bad that I had to stop that. I was reluctant to try Repatha due to all of the problems that I have had with the other stuff, but I am so glad that I did. Doctors, BC/BS of ALA and Amgen worked together so I could afford it and I finally can relax and maybe eat a ham sandwich and a donut without fear"

terdhead (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "Have had great results but have a continuing problem with sneezing and running nose, also back pain and dizziness. Went to allergist and checked nothing wrong there. Problem always gets worse after shot."

Mauikid (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 26, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Horrible low back and leg pain and aching. I have taken two injections. I noticed some minor low back pain in the first two weeks. With the next injection, second week I have horrible low back pain with spasms that I have not had in a very long time. I do have a low back issue, but the pain has been very different...and constant. I called my doctors office they said that's not a side effect of the medication???. Not what I read! So I called Yale Pharmacy who is dispensing the medication and they said absolutely it could be its not the most seen side effect but definitely could be. I'm a 54 years old andI can't live like this! I will not be taking anymore injections. They told me it can be 3 months to get it out of my of my system."

Mish October 25, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "The night after the first injection I had lower back muscle spasms for two hours. Every old injury has flared up and the lower back pain is unbearable. I've taken ten injections but this is my last. No one should even attempt to take this medicine as it will ruin your quality of life."

Hurting (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Have not been able to take cholesterol meds so my Cardiologists has started me on Rapatha I have had only 5 injections and the only thing I have felt is lower back pain, blurred vision and dizziness. The stiffness that I had in joints has subsided from regular cholesterol meds. I'm 67 yrs old and active Rapatha seems to make me a little fatigued but not sure due to my age. I'm going to continue for awhile and see what occurs. I take injections twice a month"

Red (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Experienced problems after about the 3rd dose. Like many of the reviews indicate, so will not repeat the same side effects, but add one. It may be the drug affects hormones significantly. I am a male but developed hot flashes and mood swings. Followed by anxiety. Affected my ability to deal with life (serious). Stopped taking the med, and slowly improved. Re-took the med and symptoms returned. My wife pointed out that I now know how menopause feels. Not having faced these kind of effects prior was a crisis for me (a wreck). Improving now I am off Repatha."

Fred (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "I can't take statin. My doctor prescribed Repatha to me and confirmed to me that it has no side effects. I took 3 injections. I started feeling muscle pain and back pain . I felt very weak and fatigue. I check with my doctor and pharmacist. They said that Repatha is causing these problems. I wish I never took Repatha. I wish someone can tell me how long I have to wait to feel better and get back to normal conditions. It has been 2 weeks since I took my 3 injection. I recommend that you don't take this drug. It's dangerous. I don't what to do now."

Victimx October 8, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "After second dose, I had nausea, missed a day of work for vomiting, no appetite, felt weak. 4 days later I had intractable diarrhea. Called Repatha nurseline. She read statistics about side effects to me. Asked her for help/advice. She said they don't give advice on dealing with side effects. Within an hour, I collapsed. My mom called 9-1-1. Went by ambulance to the hospital with severe dehydration which caused acidosis. Spent 3 days in the intermediate care unit of the hospital. My palms and the soles of my feet itch. I have a hacking cough, head and muscle aches, and blurry vision. The doctors had no answers and treated me for a virus that usually only causes a cold. Read about similar reactions. I asked if it could be from the Repatha; docs didn't know what it was or what it was for, (at a teaching hospital). Wish I'd done more research. When my doctor prescribed it, I asked if it was safe. He said it was. I believed him, like most patients would their doctors. He was wrong."

DCvdOwl (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I started repatha in Nov 17. I immediately developed uncontrolled diarrhea. Cardiologist said I would adjust to the medication. I didn't so checked Amgen's product info. After 6 months I took myself off of repatha @ my primary care md's suggestion. This was in April 18 as of 10/03 It has not gotten better. Called FDA they took my info and told me to call amgen the mfg of repatha. I did and never heard back from amgen. My GI docs are saying theres a lack of info on the drug for my Docotrs to figure out whats wrong and fix it. Ialso have numb spots from where I gave myself injections."

eaglewynd (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I started using in this 5/17. Effects after first taking was very bad. Got very sick like the flu. Wasn’t going to take anymore but I talked to a pharmacist who suggested I give it another try. I couldn’t take statins so this was prescribed. My cholesterol was over 300. Side effects seemed to be not as bad. My cholesterol went to perfect numbers. But now over a year on this my blood platelets have dropped. A lot of bruising. My red blood cells have enlarged and fewer of them. I have stopped taking this drug. Hoping my blood levels can be restored. Have been referred to a hematologists. Do not recommend. Wish I had done more research instead of just listening to my doctors."

Lynn (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 26, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "Have attempted to use Repatha as I am unable to take any other statin drugs. Have been attempting to use the drug for over a year now, having suspended use a couple of times first due to a serious gastric event and then due to the flu. Have now determined that it is the Repatha that is giving me flu symptoms even if I only inject once a month. 7 to 10 days after the injection I develop a severe sore throat followed by two weeks of sinus congestion and sometimes laryngitis."

Baker (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 16, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "I had 7 injections of Repatha because I could not tolerate oral statins. It lowered my cholesterol & LDL, & HDL went up. Developed stomach & intestinal pain so severe I had to go off of the necessary meds e.g. Plavix & aspirin after 5 stents & had to go to ER. Cardiologist asked me to stop Repatha."

TINA (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I injected this drug on August 10 2018. The next morning I felt like I had the flu with my hands and face swollen. Then 4 days later horrific diarrhea .After that horrific mucus from coughing and horrific back pain now I have problems with my stomach - I can't eat drink or burp feels like my stomach is dying along with my colon - horrific swelling in my stomach. I have been rushed to hospital twice allergic reaction to repatha also it has given me a auto immune disease. This drug is dangerous. I feel like my organs are dying. My dr is trying different meds to try to reverse the side effects nothing is working. Please be careful I wish I had researched this drug before taking it. Now I'm bed ridden and its Sept 9 2018 and I am still having side effects."

della (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I took repatha for 6 weeks and started to feel lethargic. I also had lower back pain and was light headed with bouts of dizziness. After discontinuing repatha it took 6 weeks to start to feel better. Repatha was very effective at reducing my cholesterol but I could not handle the side effects. I just hope that I will eventually feel normal"

Canuckcarol (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I started repatha in Oct 2017. I immediately developed diarrhea. My doctor said to continue using saying I would adjust to it. I never did so I stopped repatha in April and now Istill have the problem. Also it was like giving myself the flu every time I did injection. Undergoing a battery of test now."

eaglewynd (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous: "Started injecting Repatha 4 months ago. Got IBS and now appear to be gluten intolerant. Don’t know if It’s a coincidence or linked to the medication. Feels like flu symptoms without the runny nose most of the time. Ache so much after going to the gym."

Mikecefn (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I have been on Repatha for about eight months because I can not take statins. I have had some bad side effects. Joint pain, back pain, sinuses continuous drain. Can go to sleep, fatigue bad. High blood sugar. And I feel it has eat my stomach lining out. I can't eat much of anything. I have been off of it 30 days and hope and pray this medicine gets our of my system before 3 months. I will have to see if I can keep my cholesterol down with diet. This stuff feels like it is killing me. Would never recommend it at all.."

Take Sugar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 31, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "Bad experience with Repatha, it has been six weeks and still going on. I have had every test possible since I started feeling sick with Repatha. Dizziness, felt nauseous, unbalanced, felt like I was very hot, then would turn ice cold. It was not vertigo or anything to do with my ears. Had an ENT Doctor check me, MRI, all sorts of lab work done. Conclusion, reaction to Repatha. Wish I had never started the injections. Prior to this I was in good health, high cholesterol was only medication that I took, live a very active life, have never had any surgeries for anything, very good health for a 74 year and not used to being sick. Very concerned. The excruciating headache wakes me up at 3 am, will last about 5 minutes, then I turn ice cold, feel fatigue, and then dizzy. Really bad experience. Wish I had never gotten started on Repatha."

Lindy August 29, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I am female age 66. Took my 4 th injection three days ago. The first three I had zero side effects. After taking the 4th I did not sleep at all! Felt extremely tired the next day and had to nap for 2 hours. That evening I was so tired I felt sick with fatigue but was able to sleep. Now tonight I can’t sleep again! The day after my 4th injection I had a blood test with super results however when my BP was taken it was 130/60 I always have low BP usually 100/62 or about there. I mentioned the BP with the cardiologist and she didn’t seem concerned! But I am, as I lay here NOT sleeping I’m thinking my BP is high which is causing the insomnia! I should be sleeping because I take 1200mg of gabapentine and night for neuropathy which always conks me out! Calling my Dr ASAP"

TB August 29, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "My first Repatha injection was on August 8, 2018. I had severe muscular pain in both shoulders within 48 hours and back pain in the morning. The reason Repatha was suggested by my cardiologist was to eliminate the muscular pain I had been experiencing from the oral medication that I have been taking for years. What happened was just the opposite; the pain was not eliminated and remains, to this date, more severe than the oral medication. It can take possibly months before Repatha dissipates from the body. Repatha might be a wonderful solution for many patients suffering from the affects of the oral meds, but based on the denial by their local rep that my problem was a result of their medication, I’m concerned that others might suffer as I am."

Duke August 28, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "This drug is horrific I have developed diarrhea, back pain, bloody watery stool, sick at my stomach, weakness and flu symptoms. You name the side effect - I got them. I'm coughing so hard I poop my self. Do not take this vile stuff...………...I give it a 0"

della (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "My first Repatha injection was on August 8, 2018. I had severe muscular pain in both shoulders within 48 hours. The reason Repatha was suggested by my cardiologist was to eliminate the muscular pain I had been experiencing from the oral medication that I have been taking for years. What happened was just the opposite; the pain was not eliminated and remains more severe than the oral medication, to this date. It can take possibly months before Repatha dissipates from the body."

Duke (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I am a 74 year old female unable to take statins. I have been on Repatha for 5 months and have had constant lower back and neck pain and constant fatigue. I honestly thought that when I began to have tingling and burning feet it was because of a pinched nerve. Reality hit yesterday when several hours after my Repatha injection my lower back pain was so severe I was in tears. I could not lift my legs to get in my car. Now 24 hours later the pain is subsiding. I had hoped this drug would be the answer for lowering my cholesterol but with so many side effects I have no choice but to stop taking these injections"

Grandma (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2018

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I am a 73 year old woman. My health was not perfect, but normal for a woman of my age. Then started taking Rapatha shots every 2 weeks. The worst mistake I ever made. It began with a very sore throat, at the same time severe headaches ( I had never had a headache in my life. Went to an ENT for my throat, after 2 test for strep throat and went to opthamologist for for eyes which felt like they were being pushed out of their sockets. Neither could explain my pain. THEN the worst pain ever in my lower back and legs. Can hardly walk. It’s been 6 weeks off the drug, still no relief. I now have no quality of life. Please tell me this drug will leave my body. I would rather die from high cholesterol, then live like this."

Lu Lu (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2018