User Reviews for Evolocumab

Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
4.2

Summary of Evolocumab reviews 4.7 174 reviews

Reviews for Evolocumab

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I have been taking Repatha for almost two years with great results. However, late last year I had terrible back & shoulder pain. A report listed a requirement to take CoQ10. It helps immensely. It's needed when taking or starting or Repatha, as these drugs deplete this enzyme in the body. Start taking immediately if not currently taking it. CoQ10 requires some oil in your stomach to absorb, though works fine as long you do this. I take mine after my fish oil. I have no muscle pain any longer. Please use CoQ10 if taking either Repatha or statins."

Paul (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 15, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "Repatha caused me to get “drug induced Lupus”, so my life is forever changed and for the worse. I can only find one other person who had this reaction but beware, it is possible."

Nola (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 8, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "My first injection of Repatha was somewhat uneventful. The second injection began a nightmare!. After about 2 days I experienced dizziness, almost passed out 3 times, and had a headache that was so bad along with with unbelievable back pain. I already have chronic back pain but it was so bad I thought I would die. I called my cardiologist after suffering for 7 days and she insisted it wasn't caused from Repatha and that I should visit my primary. I did, and she did blood work, a flu swab, and urinalysis. Everything came back normal. She reviewed the side effects of Repatha and said she thought it was from the Repatha. I started this medication reluctantly. It had been prescribed several months earlier and after reading reviews, I opted out. The next time I went to my cardiologist she assured me that the side effects were minimal so I told her I would try it. She said because my LDL was so high and because I had already had one stent, I really needed this drug. I wish I had not listened to her."

Sp May 6, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Took 1st dose of Repatha on a Thursday and had side effects of flu symptoms, terrible back pain, neck pain, vertigo within 24 hrs. By Monday, was in ER with a NSTEMI (a type of heart attack) . Sent home Tues. Back in ER on Thursday with 2nd NSTEMI. 2 angiograms. It's been a month now and still have muscle pain, weakness, blurry vision, fatigue, depression, shoulder pain, hand swelling. And this was from 1 dose. The doc said no side effects. Yeah, ok."

Mickey (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I have had 3 Repatha injections so far. My 3rd injection was on a Friday. That night I woke up with chest pains. I am a heart patient. Have 1 stent. I thought maybe my heart was acting up again. Went to my dr told him. I asked if it could be the Repatha. He said, he really didn't know. Wasn't a lot of info on it yet. He only has 3 patients on it. That weekend still had pinches in my heart and nausea where I vomited. (No it wasn't a heart attack) by Tuesday no more pinches in my heart. I really think it was the Repatha. Scared to take another injection in case it does make me have a heart attack."

Beth (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "Never ever taking this or any other antibody injection again. I have experienced it all. Got cold and flu symptoms. Lost my voice for 2 weeks. Stomach upset. Anxiety and depression. Sore muscles and joints. This drug is not for everyone. I couldn’t take statins so my dr insisted on this. Now he tells me these side effects are all in my head! Please do your homework. This is an awful awful drug. After one injection of 140 mg I stopped but 3 weeks later I’m still not myself."

Chick (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "I have to admit it definitely lowered my cholesterol. But the side effects were unbearable for me. I suffered from unbelievable back pain. I do have a bad back. But doesn’t cause me much issues. But after my third injection the back pain was unbelievable. So I didn’t do another injection and took about a month to get out of my system. Back pain was completely gone. So I decided to give it another shot. I did another injection within about four days back pain came on with a vengeance. I have read many other people complain about this. It seems to affect people with bad backs"

Joe (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Numbers are great from this medication. Dropped cholesterol 100 points, LDL to 70. That's great for this 59 year old female who has always had high cholesterol. However, those numbers are not worth the side effects. Have tremendous burning from neck to abdomen. Muscle pains in legs and severe back pain, especially lower and between my shoulder blades. Have taken 5 injections and discussed the side effects with Dr and he reduced the injections to once a month. Last had the injection on April 1st. As we speak, April 30th, am fighting extreme side effects. With the burning in my chest, I'm not sure if I'm having a heart attack or not. Have suffered 3 attacks like this that last all night since my last injection. THERE IS NO WAY I'M TAKING ANOTHER INJECTION. I am just praying that these symptoms stop and do not continue long term like others have stated on this site. Stay away from this drug! Please! There may be no recovery from it."

Laney (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "Not tolerating statins and having to maintain LDL between 70/100 my cardiologist offered me the Repatha of 140 every 15 days. After the first dose I started having jaw pain, neck, headache and pain in my hands, legs and feet. Another heavy side effect is insomnia. After 15 days from the first dose, LDL has decreased from 120 to 60, a very potent drug but even with a single dose a month the side effects are terrible, unfortunately I gave up the Repatha."

Taurinense (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Where to start... all my life my cholesterol has been high and after years of statins with no success I was finally approved 3 months ago the first shot of Repatha and I saw my numbers halved from 323 total to within normal range with still elevated triglycerides. Let’s skip ahead to just before my third shot... the other morning my fingers turned blue for a bit and my legs are swollen with water retention the thighs are mottled red as well as my trunk, over my love handles I weigh about 200 pounds while a bit over weight for a male of 5’8” not obese by any standard. I didn't have diabetes prior but I guess that will be told as now diabetes has been added to the list of potential side effects. The doctor placed me on 420mg once a month. My skin is not healing quickly if I get scratched or cut. This is the only medication I take. Also I will add that my blood pressure has been rising since starting this where is never had blood pressure problems before"

Scott April 26, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Hereditary high cholesterol, high triglycerides, HDL, LDL. Can not take statins, although my entire family does/did (father-deceased at 67, mother, older sister, and younger sister)."

monicabolin (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "please beware of this medication. I started Repatha, then I had pain in all joints, atrial fib, I was at a point where I felt I was going die. I had used about 4 injections . I cannot remember anytime in my life so bad. Took about four months to return to normal. Stupidly I then tried 50% reduction of dose with same family of drug. After one injection I began to have difficulty swallowing and then the flu and arthralgia started . I began to suffer atrial fib on and off again. I had been stable for years before Repatha. I didn't take a second injection, I am now about 4 months down the line and just about recovering back to normal. IN MY CASE simply this medication had HORRIFIC side effects. Repatha must be aware of these reactions in some patients. Only a matter of time before something terrible happens to someone, although they will have all the nomenclature to head that of at the pass Be careful and safe Good luck James I"

James (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Rapatha drains the vitamins and minerals from your body. Replenish with double dose of good quality minerals to reduce pains and lower glucose levels."

Lars (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "The Repatha Sureclick Autoinjector appears to have injected the medication directly into my muscle. YOUCH! The pain was extreme. I have experience self-administering subcutaneous injections for over 15 years with biologics for Rheumatoid Arthritis. In over 500 self-injections, I never experienced anything like this. The other problem was Amgen was completely unhelpful. They could only read from a script and tell me only to administer the drug subcutaneously. Unfortunately, if you follow the instructions of stretching the skin and firmly pressing down, it appears enough subcutaneous tissue is pushed a way exposing the muscle. USE THE PINCH METHOD. The company was not helpful and only made me feel worse. They could only read from a script and could not tell me if an intramuscular injection posed any danger or potential problems. Thanks Amgen."

82nd Pathfinder (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "Horrible burning pain in abdomen and back within 36 hrs of the 140 mg injection. It is day 10 and am still in horrible pain. The manufacturer insisted that this reaction is rare and were not able to offer me an antidote. Can't wait until levels drop."

Burning (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I started this medication and took maybe 7 shots. First few times mild cold symptoms which I could tolerate. I also had ear issues. The next few shots came with blurry eyes, nausea and some diarrhea and weight loss. The next shots started with severe diarrhea, nausea and more weight loss. I am a kidney transplant patient and my kidney labs are worse, will be having a biopsy in 3 days to see why my transplant is rejecting (probably Repatha). I stopped taking it 3 weeks ago and saw my cardiologist today and he told me to stay off of it and it will take 3+ months To get out of my system. This stuff is POISON! I am very angry, sad, and feel deceived by Amgen and the rubbish they peddle about this stuff. Heed the warnings."

Deanna (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Wow, after my second injection my LDL went from 95 to 28. I think that is very positive. Of course, I started to diet 3 days before my third injection."

Babe (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2019

Repatha SureClick (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "WARNING Repatha comes with very serious side effects. 1) SEVERE FLU...cough, sore throat, congestion, massive mucus, headache, etc. 2) EXCRUCIATING BACK PAIN...could not walk for two weeks, able to walk now but back pain continues three months after last injection. 3) DIGESTIVE PROBLEMS....heartburn. 4) CONFUSION...difficulty concentrating. 5) INTERNAL SHIVERING...but not cold or external shivering. 6) WEAK...due to muscle and joint pain. All side effects have improved since discontinuing use three months ago. Back pain, internal shivering, and some muscle/joint pain continues after three months."

Wayne (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "After 1 injection back & muscle pain was terrible! Also I told my Dr. That my last labs were high because I hadn't fasted, got labs from fast back after I took my 1st injection...should have waited to take that shot but Dr convinced me I needed it. Levels of cholesterol labs were 212 total 160 ldl 38 hdl! Didn't even need this poison in the first place!! Now counting down the days until it's out of my system."

Mike (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Rapatha is great to lower your cholesterol really fast, but the side effects are terrible. My back, hips, and knees are hurting me 24/7. I have been to the doctor many times and he has given me many different pain meds. Nothing really helps. I can hardly walk across the floor. To work all day is killing me. I just want to cry because of the pain. I have been off the Rapatha for almost 3 mths and pain still is not gone away. I just want to be normal again. Will never take again."

Jude (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "The first 3 days after injection I did not have any kind of negative reaction until the fourth day. I then started having left side weakness like I was going to lose all function of my left arm. I had, had a stroke 7 years ago and I remember feeling the same ways days to weeks before I had the actual stroke, and the feeling was just as intense. The fifth day I still had same symptoms but not as frequent. I also been having a hard time standing in my shower, from major dizziness. It is getting to be two weeks since shot, and symptoms has let up a lot, but still occasional. I will not be using this medicine or any statins. I will be relying on clean diet and exercise. I did appreciate the opportunity to try it out though. I really wanted it to work."

Maddy (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "After a heart attack and trying various statins, diet and excercise, my cardiologist prescribed Repatha. The most serious side effect I experience is abdominal cramps that keeps me in the bathroom for hours. This starts 3 days after the shot and lasts for 4 days. I had to stop taking this. I also experienced cold symptoms, sore throat, and fatigue."

EliotNYC (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "One more anecdote. I'm nearly 60 and having morning erections again since taking Repatha. Statins broke down my muscles, but this drug makes me feel good!"

MarkK (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I started using repatha a year ago and I was experiencing a bad cough and flu symptoms shortly after each injection. I didn’t want to think it was the repatha because it lowered my cholesterol to an amazing number! I continued taking it most of the time unless I wasn’t feeling well. In the fall I started getting a bad cold every few weeks and someday a fever... I still didn’t want to blame it on the repatha. I’ve had 3 colds in the last 6 weeks and now I’m experiencing flu symptoms and another bad cough! I am normally a healthy person! I now think it’s the repatha. I can’t live like this being sick all the time!! I will go off the repatha... ugh"

Caryl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 13, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I am on my 9th bi-weekly injection. My blood numbers are terrific with my LDL’s down to 44. It’s the first time in my life that my numbers are good. I am a 68 year old male in good health who rides his bike 10 miles every day and have had high cholesterol my whole life. The cost has come down to a manageable level. While I had some symptoms of colds and flue in the beginning I am now back to normal. I have my blood checked every two months. Diet and exercise never helped me at all. I do not work for Repatha as I am a Paper recycler."

Big Tab (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2019