User Reviews for Evolocumab

High Cholesterol 4.1
Summary of Evolocumab reviews 4.5 320 reviews

Reviews for Evolocumab

Brad · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 20, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: “I have been on Repatha since January. My average glucose was 116-120 before that. In March, my glucose was 200. In June it was 400. I am wondering if Repatha causes increase blood glucose levels. I am now on daily insulin and cannot keep it below 150. The swings are over 150. I have an appointment with cardiologist to switch back to a statin. By the way, My LDL did drop to 3. That is not a misprint. I just hope I can resume normal glucose levels again.”

Anonymous July 17, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: “I have been on Repatha for 5 years. As a result I have developed chronic sinus infections, flu, shortness of breath, pain in my lungs, stomach pain, and most recently fevers, ear pressure, dizziness, and severe headaches. I suspected the medication was causing my problems over a year ago. I spoke with a nurse from Amegen who played it down and so did my doctor. I was referred to an allergist who after a full pulmonary function test, allergy test, and x-ray CT and CT scan of lungs concluded I have non allergic rhinitis. I was constantly prescribed antibiotics and steroids for the symptoms. Sometimes they worked and many times they didn't. I have seen an Infectious disease doctor, a hematologist, ENT and a pulmonologist. All who cannot determine why I am suffering. I have an FMLA for intermittent leave because sometimes I can't get out of the bed. I took my last injection last Saturday the day the headaches started and I have had every day since. No more!”

Phil · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 23, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: “I was on Repatha for one month and saw my lab numbers dramatically improve until I developed severe leg pain, similar to that which I had while taking statins. After I stopped, my total cholesterol and LDL shot up higher than before I started. They have remained high after 6 months. I'm thin, eat mostly vegetarian and exercise every day. Has anyone quit and seen their numbers remain high this long?”

Cee · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous: “With diet, Zetia, and Pravastatin my LDL is the lowest that it has ever been. It works great. I do have minor side effects but they are tolerable for these results. I have heart disease that started before I was medicated and so far, no heart attacks.”

Sailandcrash · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 25, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: “I took Repatha for three months and then stopped it. I had leg pain for two months and could barely walk. Shoulder pain for 6 weeks, could not roll over in bed. Then it got in my hands. Terrible pain both hands, only opioids would let me sleep 4 hours. Had to dr. shop to get more. Could not open bottles. Could not use hand grip exerciser. Not at all. After one year I have my hands back, long time! Had to have carpel tunnel surgery on on had during that time. Hands still weak. Bad stuff.”

Horacioo · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 16, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: “I have taken five shots of Rapatha due to CAD and so far I have had no side effects. I would like to mention for those looking to lower the LDL to look into a natural solution called Bergamot. My LDL was at 183 In Dec 2019 and in five months I’ve brought it down to 11. It went from Dec 2019 183 Mar 2020 76 May 2020 11 So from Dec 2019 to March 2020 it dropped 107 point and I was NOT taking the Rapatha shots yet. I started the Rapatha in March 2020 and it is now at 11. It must have helped but without the Rapatha my LDL was dropping like a rock. Regarding my Rating, I will not know how effective it has been for my CAD until I have another Calcium Score so this rating is iffy at best.”

chuck · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: “Took 3 injections of Repatha and watched diet cholesterol cut in half already was 300 now 143 !!!!”

Scott April 30, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: “3 months after starting Repatha, I had my first two (ever) panic attacks within a week. I felt as though I was constantly on the verge of another panic attack, the anxiety wouldn't leave me, and I was experiencing bizarre thoughts. I had to see an Urgent Care physician to get medicine that would help get me under control. I was prescribed anti-depressants which did little to nothing to help. The next month, I began to suspect the Repatha and stopped taking it and the anti-depressants. I have been off of it for two months. I still have days of depression and anxiety for no reason, but I feel somewhat better, and hope that eventually I can return to my normal happy self. Repatha is extremely dangerous in my opinion and I would not recommend it to my worst enemy. I am extremely allergic to all statins, so I have no choice but to do my best to control my cholesterol with diet and exercise. I'd rather die early of heart related issues than to ever try Repatha again, it's pure poison.”

Jack April 29, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: “After 4th injection developed weakness in arm and leg, rushed to ER. While they were doing CT and MRI for stroke the weakness spread to all other large muscles. Then in about a week fatigue came. Also diarrhoea, muscle twitching, nausea, lightheadedness, pounding pulse, runny nose and general feeling of a very, very bad hangover. It's been two months and the symptoms wax and wane. A week of improvement alternate with symptom recurrence. All possible tests for electrolytes, antibodies, known systemic conditions, endocrine etc. are normal. I was stunned when started reading on forums that people experienced exactly the same presentation of the side effects. Progressive, after several unremarkable injections, waxing and waning side effects that linger for months after discontinuation. They are totally disabling and scary at their peak. It does lower LDL a lot, but with those side effects I am not sure it can prolong life. It is damaging something in the cells on the way.”

Baruch · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 27, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous: “Started repatha 2 years ago after CABG for 6 arteries. Have never experienced any side effects. My cholesterol scores are great now.”

Lucia · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 11, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: “Since I am taking Repatha my cholesterol dropped from 380 to 162 in the first 90 days ,been on for six months, with no side effects. One time little bruise on the injection site .”

Victor · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 31, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: “Repatha was prescribed to me by my cardiologist because I have statin intolerance (muscle pain). I started taking Repatha in November 2019. after 2 months my LDL went down significantly. My cardiologist and I were very please with the results but in January 2020 I started experiencing pain in my shoulders and upper arms. The source of pain cannot be determined after a lot of investigation. The pain as we speak is getting worse and wakes me up at night. I take pain relievers and muscle relaxant to get a temporary relief. I am planning to take coQ10 for a few weeks and see if there is any improvement. I have no choice but to continue with this medication since I had triple bypass surgery 2 years ago. I will keep the group posted if I notice any pain relief after taking coQ10.”

piglet · Taken for less than 1 month March 29, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: “I have very high cholesterol and statin problems. Started ramipril a few weeks after having two lad stents in January but it took a long time for repatha approval so have had just two injections. I also have chronic migraine which was improving with Aimovig. Since starting repatha I have had daily migraine and was having middle of the night coughing. Also very dizzy on awakening now and any bending over. Also was very nauseated. I stopped ramipril a few days ago and cough and nausea stopped but not headaches or dizziness. I do not have high blood pressure or diabetes and am 61. Cannot stand a daily migraine, I don’t think I can take repatha.”

Stev March 25, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: “I was on 80mg Lipitor (statin). Come down with peripheral neuropathy and other issues while on Lipitor. Taken off the Lipitor and tried Repatha 140 once each 4 weeks. Repatha has been a life saver. Next to no side effects, peripheral neuropathy has nearly disappeared after 3 months. Feeling great and feel like my life has been given back to me. For me this drug is a miracle. Could not be happier. You need to shop around for best price. LDL has dropped to 1.1 in first month.”

Falhud March 22, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: “I had a heart attack at 47. My cholesterol was 193 but LDL was a little high. Have a family history so I visited cardiologist at 45 and was told everything was great had“the heart of a 30 year old”. After getting two stents and getting blood work done it’s determined I produce smaller particles and absorb more cholesterol. They put me on statins, there were crippling to me. Joints swollen and ached. I’m very active, in the gym 3-5 days a week and exercise daily. Been on repatha for 3 years, LDL is under 40 every checkup. I don’t notice side effects as I did from the statins. I read these reviews and was shocked by all the problems... sounds like my statin experience.”

Dee · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: “I just started taking Rapatha for 2 weeks now along with Zetia. I've had no side effects so far. I've read the other reviews and it's scary. I was on Crestor and my muscles ache so bad. My stomach was always hurting and I was feeling like I wanted to vomit. Hopefully it will lower my Cholesterol.”

Midge March 9, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: “I was put on repatha for high cholesterol. I am a 60-year-old female. I started first by gagging every morning. I took repatha for six months. I stopped taking it. And now for three months I still have a bad cough which is constant all day. I also have back pain that will not go away. I am hoping that these side effects will subside but they haven’t so far. I have take a nose spray pills cough medicine and still cough. I hope over time it stops my back pain keeps me awake at night. I recommend you don’t try this drug it’s not worth it. I still don’t know yet what I will be doing about my cholesterol. But it definitely won’t be taking the repass ever again. The symptoms seem to not go away. The last three months have been hell for me.”

Gfiffy March 3, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: “12/12/19 first Repatha injection taken at 1:30 pm. (4 years post renal transplant) Doc assured my it would be no problem. Sitting watching TV at 9 pm broke out in sweat had the feeling of cold water running through my sinus cavity one side only. Rapid heartbeat, blood pressure spiked, cramps in calves and back of thighs for several nights. Major flu like symptoms off and on since injection. Visits to neurologist, cardiologist, and general all say can last for quite a while half life ranges from 11 to 17 days so for most of it to clear my body could be up to 93 days. Now having esophaguses and stomach problems. Never had this before. I believe that not many Trial tests were on taking repatha with anti-rejection Meds. But from my experience they don’t blend well with Repatha. Still feeling like rubbish have a good day or two and then it’s back just don’t have a consistent feeling of well being. 81 days out. Has anyone fully recovered and if so how long did it take. I’m a 58 year old male.”

Woody · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 29, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: “I had a heart attack in late 2004 and double bypass in early 2005 at 42. I can't tolerate statin drugs so my doctor said there was a great new drug out there called Repatha. It was a miracle drug so I started taking it. After about two years I started having lots of muscle pain, cramps and severe headaches. Five months ago I had a stroke. At the time I thought I was having a migraine. My doctor took several MRI's, X Ray's and cat scans but could not determine what caused the stroke. I suspect that Repatha was the cause. If you are on Repatha please stop taking it right now. It is not worth it. This drug should be taken off the market fast before someone dies. I could have, but was very lucky.”

Buddy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 28, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: “I started taking Repatha because other statins caused me to have joint pain and my bad cholesterol numbers were still higher than my heart doctor wanted. Within a month of starting I was having cold symptoms and started having a nagging cough. I then started having lung congestion and wheezing especially at night. Fast forwarding several months I had to go to the emergency clinic 5-6 times due to an inability to breathe. I have been on Prednisone 5 times have been given breathing treatments, albuterol inhalers and singulair. I stopped taking the injections about a month ago and am still having symptoms especially as soon as I lay down. I have also been using nose sprays twice a day. I have never smoked and never had any breathing problems before. Really praying I get over these issues soon.”

Zig-Zag February 26, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: “I have taken 5 injections and my cholesterol was cut in half! But the side effects are terrible! Legs are weak and feel disoriented and feel really tired! Going to quit taking this not worth feeling bad!”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 25, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: “So 1 out of 1000 users of Repatha have no issues. For others who are suffering start calling attorneys call and report to FDA. Best of all hopefully someone calls 60 minutes to do a story. Enough is enough. This is heartbreaking what Repatha is causing all these side effects and they know it It’s all about money”

Shakenbake · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 21, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: “I have been on Rapatha the 7 mth and it has brought my cholesterol down from 400 to 196. I have no side effects whatsoever and feel great. I am now walking 5 to 7 miles a day.”

Star February 21, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: “I took repatha for almost 2 months I had all those side effects to one of them was blood in my stool so I had a colonoscopy and when I did the clean out I lost all those side effects I felt back to normal again reason why I'm telling you this is because it might help you to clean yourself out you'll feel better”

Cheri · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 19, 2020

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: “I have had very high cholesterol and I can not take statins. My cholesterol doctor recommended Repatha. I have been taking it for about two years now. My cholesterol is better, not perfect. The only side effects I have experienced is some back pain and some insomnia. I can walk two miles without increased pain. My bloodwork has been good so far. For the most part, I seem to be able to tolerate Repatha much better than statin pills.”