User Reviews for Evolocumab

Also known as: Repatha, Repatha Pushtronex

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Evolocumab.

High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous
8.7

High Cholesterol, Fa...ial Heterozygous
7.9

High Cholesterol
5.9

Summary of Evolocumab reviews 7.5 55 reviews

Reviews for Evolocumab

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Recently diagnosed with a unruptured brain aneurysm and had a history of high cholesterol. Tried statins and caused significant multi organ issues and stopped a year ago after four months. Cardiologist family member recommended Repatha to control control LDL as it is a determining factor in rupture of aneurysms. I was surprised at how easy it was to administer. I expected a syringe and a vial. The application is a little machine and is 100% painless. I have taken it just a few days ago and my BP is 108 over 60. My headaches are gone. I feel 20 years younger. I am confident that my bad cholesterol will be 70% less when tested. Truly a wonderful drug that I believe has improved my quality of life and stopped me from a rupture and death."

Taxmeless (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I have had major cholesterol problems my entire life and over 30 years ago had quadruple bypass. I have been on every medication known to doctors and had minimal benefit from statins. I have been on Repatha for over 2 years and can confirm that it is a wonder drug for me with no side effects. I only hope that the pricing will get reasonable and our insurance will start to cover this amazing drug that really works."

Ken 200 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I am 69 years old. I have been an athlete all my life and have run over forty thousand miles. I do not tolerate statins due to severe muscle pain. I was walking 6 miles a day prior to taking Repatha. After three shots of Repatha I developed debilitating pain and weakness in my back and right leg. 9 on the pain scale. I still, three weeks later, have difficulty walking. It seems to be improving somewhat with better days followed by a more difficult day. This has had a terrible impact on my quality of life. DO NOT TAKE this drug!"

Steve Mac (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "This drug was like a miracle for me! I'm 29 and have known about my FH since I was 18. I do not tolerate statins or Zetia very well and the only medicine I've been able to take is 2 mg of Livalo. On the Livalo my total cholesterol was 262 and my LDL was 280. I'm fairly active for my age and in pretty good shape (I could lose about 10-15 lbs). I ran my first full marathon last year. After taking Repatha along with the Livalo for 6 weeks, my total cholesterol is now 130 and my LDL is 69. I have had absolutely no side effects. I'm still in shock and I feel like I'm in a dream. I'm so thankful this drug is available!!"

TabMz October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I'm going to start repatha injections. What I want to know is this for the rest of my life?"

Gayledutchy October 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "After 1 shot started diarrhea, scalded my skin and it made open sore. Lower right back started hurting. Day 17 I'm waiting on blood work before I take a second shot and my neck at the base hurts. Weird pains I'm not used to that hurt and affect my life quality. Can't take statins. Don't think I'll ever take another shot of Repatha. If it messes with your liver it can kill you. Will walk at least 60 minutes a day every day. Continue watch fat and trans and cholesterol. Last shot 27 days ago. Between initial post and now, I'm still nauseated. Loose bowels every time I eat I have to go. Can't go anywhere. And physically irritating. Still knees and back pain and behind my eyes, trouble swallowing, body spasms. Still so tired and no energy and have trouble."

Ginjoe (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Took one shot and after two days started with nausea. Due in 3 days for another but not going to do it. The cost was like a mortgage payment and I am a senior citizen. Will try and be faithful to a good diet. The nausea is still with me."

minnowpp September 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Terrible leg and knee pain , the drug worked great in reducing my bad numbers but the pain is not worth the results"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Took 3 shots or Repatha. OK after first one, but after the 2nd and 3rd I began to feel bad. Had back aches, soreness in hips and knees. Difficulty in climbing stairs. Blood work showed that it did lower my total cholesterol and LDL. However, I feel that this drug is not worth the serious side effects which I experienced."

njboy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "Took my 3rd fortnightly shot and I will not take any more the side effect are getting worse back ache muscle ache runny nose feel like I'm run down with a cold"

Okthanks123 August 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I have been living with high LDL my entire life. I had 4 CT heart scans over a 20 year period. Mild Plaque burden in one area seen grew to 3 areas. I tried almost every statin on the market. I could NOT tolerate statins. Between muscle aches, joint pain, muddled thought, energy issues. When running to Google my symptoms online, I realized thousands of people were experiencing the exact same. I was convinced all these odd symptoms were from the statins. I was off and on 4x and subsequently stopped. Note: best blood results were Lipitor but still MANY unbearable side effects! I ride a bike. I'm athletic. I'm physically fit my entire life. I eat better then most. My blood work with Rapyha after 3 months almost seems like a miracle."

Joe 46 yo, genetic Lipid issue (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "Took Repatha on advice of my Doctor since I had very bad reactions to all the statins. After injection 3 I blew up like a balloon so badly I could not wear any of my clothes, I was very ichy, had huge red blotches all over my body, did a lot of throwing up, eyes swollen shut. Still suffering after 2 months off Repatha. Do Not Take It."

Smhb (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I have taken two 140 mg at 2 weeks apart. I know that I am just starting. For the first 4 days after each injection, I felt "tension" and did not feel like being social. Minor body aches, weakness, and fatigue."

Enrique Cezanne (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Was going in for a heart Cath, put on repatha because I can't take statins. Dose 1, some diarrhea, mild back pain and feeling like a kidney stone was trying to move. Dose 2, same feeling as dose 1, seemed a bit worse, wrist, knees and ankles slightly swollen. Dose 3, Two hours after injection, felt like my teeth were 3 inches tall , lost the use of my legs for 5 hours, joints ache and low back pain, 7 on pain scale, 3 days later, upper right quadrant pain, muscle spasms, hurt to walk, knees and feet felt like they were on fire. Nipples are painful, short of breath and can't get enough sleep, tired all the time. Been to ER, advised to discontinue repatha. Been 45 days, still having severe back pain and very short of breath,"

jhman August 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I have been taking Repatha for several years through a trial at Mt. Sinai in NYC. I have several problems but I am not sure if the drug is causing them. Well, here goes anyway, 1) Soreness in lower back 2) Breathing problems ( I feel like I'm not getting enough oxygen and I'm winded, especially when I walk any distance or carry something heavy, or walk up stairs quickly 3) sore joints in my knees and thumbs, I have been advised that I no longer have any cartilage in my joints. Go figure 4) Loss of energy 5) my toes feel like their is too much blood in them? 6) my achillies tendons in my feet in the morning seem to be two sizes to "

Johnny Gumbah August 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Horrible experience. Lost all lower body strength. Severe and I mean severe knee pain. My knees would burn all over and just a lite touch to them would make the pain even worse! Have had bad tendinitis for 4 months. Pulled back muscles. Walking became difficult. Didn’t even bring my numbers down. Stopped taking it and felt my strength and muscles return. Still waiting on my tendinitis but I feel it is finally getting better. Not safe, not effective, wouldn’t recommend to a lab rat."

Mailman2 June 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Had high total cholesterol. Crestor helped but didn't get LDL low enough. Took Zetia and that caused serious joint and muscle pain. Started taking Repatha samples from doctor. It's working great with no side effects. Total cholesterol 121, LDL 38 and HDL 58. Unfortunately, Blue Cross doesn't want to pay for it, so my doc is going through the appeal process."

Judge Roy Bean (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I started taking Repatha in April 2017 and the first thing I noticed was back pain, then muscle pain. I can't use my right arm for much and can't open jars and things that required using my wrist. I am dizzy headed, and feel so bad all the time. (Fatigue I guess) I am taking 2-3 hour naps during the day and I am only 51. I've never done this before. I talked to my doctor and she said come off of the Repatha for a month and see how I feel. She's not sure it's the medicine. Repatha is really easy to use and is shipped right to my door in a cooler package. Repatha dropped my bad cholesterol from 187 to 67 after 3 doses. (bi-weekly). I don't know what to do about taking This drug. I think it's making me feel really bad all the time."

Carrisum (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "After several months of no problems I have a UTI. Not sure if it related to the drug or not. While on this drug I have gone from a 229 cholesterol to 159. Not sure the ends justify the means but since I can't take the regular drugs for high cholesterol"

donna48 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For High Cholesterol: "Fantastic medication. Currently on month three with no side effects at two injections per month. Yes it is expensive and yes it will lower cholesterol far better than statins ever can. Talk with your doctor if you can afford this medication!"

Peter1982 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "After taking the 2nd shot started having back pain, pain in my knees and hands I can't take statins for the same reasons I was hoping this was the drug without the pain"

Ray l (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Work great but, my quality of life wasn't there. Drug turned my muscles into marshmallow to the point I couldn't walk. So what's the point. I ended up pulling muscles when I bent over, $300 later @ a chiropractic put me back together again. Statins for me are bad news !!!! Can't take them PERIOD so quit pushing the meds @ $500.00 a shot"

SLAP (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "Bad chol at 48 (about 156). Total chol at 148 and good chol at 66 after 5 months with statines. It's amazing."

Eric Theunissen March 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I'm a very active 63 yr old with a 4x bypass. After a year of not recommending any cholesterol treatment I finally brought it up myself with my doctor, when she recommended Repatha because of my statin intolerance. After my first injection I started to experience muscle pain in my lats and pecs. It felt like a severe muscle cramp that spread to my arms, although my muscles were not constricting as they would with a muscle cramp. I conferred with my doctor and she said I should not be feeling any side effects because it takes 3 months to reach a therapeutic level so I took the shot the second month and I'm sorry that I did and will not be taking it again because the pain has spread to other areas."

Hurting in VA March 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I have inherited familial high cholesterol. At age 36, I had quintuple by-pass surgery. At age 46, 56, 63 and 65, I had stents due to blockages. I've been taking statins for 30 years in spite of severe muscle pain, currently Crestor and started Rapatha injections every two weeks, shortly after it became available. I consider the shortness of breath I have been experiencing to the Rapatha, and my symptoms have grown increasingly worse during this period of time, including weakness and trouble breathing. I have allergies and asthma, which I thought was the source of my trouble breathing, however, my breathing problems have significantly worsened since taking Rapatha and is a debilitating side effect. Cholesterol has dropped significantly."

Mastry March 27, 2017