User Reviews for Evolocumab

Cardiovascular Risk Reduction

Summary of Evolocumab reviews 4.6 221 reviews

Reviews for Evolocumab

AMS · Taken for less than 1 month September 15, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "Now I am experience flu type symptoms and 101.3 temp. Three weeks after taking my one and only Repatha injection."

Nanna · Taken for less than 1 month September 14, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I have the gene for high cholesterol. I had bad side effects from statins. Livalo was tolerable. Somewhat. I took my first Repatha injection 2 weeks ago. Mild flu like symptoms the first eve. General malaise after that. Back pain week two . Can't roll over in bed , due to back pain. My eyes are twitchy , blurry,& jiggly. I feel like I have lead in my arms and legs. After reading everyone’s comments, I’m stopping this drug. I’ve always been sensitive to meds. It’s not worth the side side effects."

AMS · Taken for less than 1 month September 10, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "One injection and I am not going to take it again. First chills then horrible muscle pain in upper chest and neck. Gained 6 lbs in two weeks. Put me on edge. Still suffering. Woke up in middle of night with more pains. Only a pain killer helped. I do not believe in the LDL theory anyway. "

Slarson September 8, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "After seven once a month injections I have had significant lower numbers, but have also had increasing itching—especially on my scalp and upper body. Can’t stand it! I have been advised to stop. Not sure yet if it is from repatha. Anyone else have that symptom?"

Loesje · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 7, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: " After having Repatha for more than a year, I felt sicker every month. My intestines were the biggest problem, I sat on the toilet all night and it didn't get much better during the day. Then I started to get pain in my muscles and they started to burn On the advice of the internist stopped having the Repatha and within a month I was back to the old me again."

otto hoegh September 7, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "After taking Repatha for 6 months and I only have good things to report, no side effects at all and a dramatic positive effect on my LDL levels . The horrible negative postings in this forum are puzzling to say the least !"

Anonymous September 3, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "My husband has been off the Repatha for 9 months. He is still feeling the numbness in his feet. Also, feels like his feet are freezing. His legs don't want to work all the time. Pains up and down his legs. He had a heart attack last year and right before he was put on the Repatha he was up to a mile walking. He can barely walk 1/4 mile without still being in pain and exhausted. Only took the shot 3 times. By 3rd shot he couldn't walk."

snooper · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 1, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I took Repatha every two weeks for 9 doses. Lab were much better for cholesterol. But developed headaches which lasted 3 weeks and running nose, aching joints in right elbow and right knee. Right elbow better since the medication was stopped but right knee and leg till very painful after 3 weeks off the medication"

Jkhb · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I took my first injection on Friday by Friday night I felt really bad with fever, aches and my feet hurt. Saturday morning I woke up feeling amazing and I actually cleaned my house from top to bottom. I am not sure what is going on , if it is the shot or if it's just me. I will let you know later. I will take the second shot with awareness of your concerns."

Hfl · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 22, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I did not tolerate tolerate statins because of muscle pain and weakness. I was not aware of the severe side effects that could happen on Repatha. Diabetes was not listed as a side effect listed on brochure that my dr gave to me. While on Repatha, I developed a drug resistant bladder infection, severe insulin resistant diabetes, and severe shoulder and hip pain with profound weakness. All side effects have not improved since stopping Repatha a year ago. I am now wheelchair bound. It dramatically lowered my cholesterol, but not worth life threatening side effects."

Tom · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Have been taking Repatha for three months. I have been on statins for approximately 15 years. The only statin that I tolerate is called Livalo. I have also been taking a mega coQ10 for years because it helps with any statin pain. I have no side effects from Repatha to this date. Maybe it’s the combination of my statin and the coQ10. Taking Repatha because my body makes plaque even though my cholesterol levels are good. After 2 stents we decided to try Repatha. So far,so good"

Anon36 August 21, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "10 days post first Repatha injection and despite knowing how to inject it, I have the most ridiculous bruise on my stomach. On day 9, I went ER because I suspected I had another rare sphenoid sinus infection which is quite rare. CT scans were negative so they say despite giving me medication saying maybe it's starting because it didn't seem they wanted the blame it on Repatha and perhaps these symptoms are something that I am used to with this sort of chronic infection. I have headaches I can hardly describe. I don't necessarily feel lightheaded but like my head is heavy, swollen, the pain moves around. I get bouts where I feel dizzy and the world is spinning. I am having sensory issues with sound, light, and motion. I thought a slight burning pain for a few hours in my arm was weird a few hours after my injection into my stomach was the worst of it but I had no clue what was in store. I am barely starting day 10 but I am done. I want this out of me! Never again."

Lolly · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 19, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "In January of this year my numbers were: Total Cholesterol 229, HDL 33, LDL 148 and Triglycerides 242. My doctor put me on Repatha. With the combination of taking Repatha, eating healthier, and losing 25 pounds my numbers are now down to: Total cholesterol 132!!! LDL 58!!! HDL still at 33 and Triglycerides 207. I am still working on losing more weight and eating healthy. But, my cholesterol numbers are SO much better with Repatha (with NO side effects.)"

tajoseph57 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 14, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I am 62 year old male who is very active. I started Repatha after my stent was put in in February 2019. My cholesterol came down from 285 to 92. For six months I have felt worse than I have ever felt in my life. Two days after my injection, I felt like I was poisoned until the second week. Weak legs, fuzzy thinking, hot flashes, pain in my stomach, harsh flu like symptoms. I have been in the emergency room four times after injections where they find nothing wrong with me other than adverse affects from this drug. I finally decided never to inject this poison in my body again."

Lou August 12, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I have several in my family with high cholesterol...503 high so hereditary. I went on Repatha in Oct. 2018. My numbers steadily went down to 235 with mild side effects; some joint pain every now and then. This all changed with my July 2019 injection. I experienced sudden severe hip pain that went all the way down one leg. I could not walk even to the next room. I have had sciatica before and this was a lot like that except that it lasted for a day and a half and went away. I wrote this sudden pain off as maybe it was sciatica until my next injection and the same thing happened but less severe. I immediately went off of the Repatha. I'm still experiencing more symptoms like muscle weakness and throbbing pain in my arm and hand joints. My feet ache often now as well. I had tried several statins as well and those also resulted in several side effects that were not tolerable."

AlexanderSmith · Taken for less than 1 month August 8, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "Before starting taking Repatha THINK, THINK and THINK again! The cardiologist and all the nurses I've seen made out that Repatha is godsend and has no side effects whatsoever! If I knew then what I know now I would of never touched this POISON with a barge pole!! A couple of hours after administering the first injection I felt nauseous, my stomach was on fire and had a really bad migraine! The next day I started vomiting, high temperature and very sore throat. The third day my mouth starting to smell really bad! My gums and tongue become very painful, Its like I was rotting away from the inside. It has been a month now since I took my first and last injection and still suffering from the debilitating side effects, I'm recovering but very VERY slowly. Don't make the same mistake that I did! Don't let anyone persuade you taking this so called meds! You will really come to regret your decision. Research the drug and ask the people who took it before you make a decision!"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 6, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I was diagnosed with high cholesterol at the age of 14. For 40 years It has been climbing. I am unable to take any statins and have always watched what I ate. My levels recently reached a total of 334 with LDL of 236 and triglyerides at 198. My cardiologist fought for me to get Repatha as insurance kept denying. I had my second injection last week and blood tests yesterday. I am in shock of the results. Total CHL is down to 145 with LDL of 56 and triglycerides of 169! Unreal!!! I have never been that low. I am one happy patient!"

firefly · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 6, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous: "Does Repathy cause the legs to ache? Does Repathy cause varicose veins?"

Kitty August 4, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Having taken statins since 1993 for high cholesterol, I became allergic and began Repatha injections a year ago. My hair started falling out, so I had blood work to rule out thyroid trouble. Ruled that out. My numbers are down, but my hair loss continues. I have a feeling it is Repatha causing it. I came on here to see if anyone else was having this problem. It being such a new drug, I feel like a Guinea pig. I am scared to stop the drug, but my cholesterol will go sky high again. I am at a loss as to where to turn for answers."

ronviera August 1, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I took repatha for about 16 months.. I put up with the awful side effects because it brought my chol way down into the normal range.. But at what cost?? I had flu/cold symptoms for the entire time. Never had congestion my entire life except with a cold. But I was going through boxes of Kleenex and getting into coughing jags I could not control from all the dripping down the back of my throat and I started to have pain in joints of my fingers .. I finally took myself off of it and let my cardiologist know I did. I am an RN for 40 yrs now and would never recommend this drug to family or friends."

drew · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "Received 2nd dose on 14 day injection program and 10 days after 2nd dose experienced severe reaction to Repatha. Adverse symptoms were dizziness, light headedness, headache, severe intestinal distress, body aches, burning skin sensation in upper body, pounding heartbeat, malaise, general weakness, chills, increased BP and heart rate. Adverse symptoms lasted 4 days before gradually subsiding to mild body ache and tiredness."

Sunshine · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 31, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I was diagnosed with genetic abnormality- my liver produced copious amounts of cholesterol. I have severe reactions to every possible regular statin tablets so Repatha was the only answer. I had to budget for the Repatha Pushtronex on an annual basis, my attempt to get coupons were rejected by someone who doesn’t know how to read financials -:(. It’s very expensive but it’s the only injection without Latex (again - I have severe allergy to latex). Before Repatha Pushtronex my lab numbers were very high and scary . I’ve been on it for 18 months and my lab numbers improved to all normal levels. All of them. That’s including glucose, and cholesterol. My liver enzymes are back to normal. My insurance covers it partially."

Pj July 30, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I have been on repatha for 14 months with absolutely no side effects and incredible decrease in cholesterol. Game changer."

Hermit · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 29, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I have had high cholesterol my entire life. 4 bypasses and numerous stents. I had little to loose as I could not tolerate the statins. Been on Repatha 9 months. I experienced the back pain and arthritic symptoms. I am now on CBD oil 1000mgs, and it helps tolerate the side effects. My ldl went from 110 to 10. Now I am afraid it is too low. I know the CBD helps because I ran out and was bedridden for 2 weeks. Back pain was terrible and arthritic all over. Got the CBD and was better in 2 days. It worked for me."

sailandcrashh · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 27, 2019

Repatha (evolocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I took Repatha injections for 3 months. I then had weak,painful legs, I dropped my Harley. Leg Pain for a month. Hard to walk. Went to Dr. for pain med which were not effective. Pain went to shoulders for a month. Could not roll over in bed, hard to get out of bed for a month. Pain went to hands and fingers tried all pain meds sold otc. Went to six drs. Only a 10 mg hydrocodone and 4 aspirins would give me 4 1/2 hrs sleep. Fingers on fire. Had to Doctor shop for opioids did electro nerve test, back to dr, gave me a shot in both wrists, almost painless Tulsa dr, finally sleep all nite!!! Carpal tunnel surgery on left hand in April, left hand is about 50 %, weak, stiff, sore. Right hand healed up ok. About 90%. Heart dr and his nurse say no side effects. I take no other drugs. Mid nov. last injection, now end of july. Left hand still stiff, sore, weak eight months. Yep, had other symptoms also, raised bp, etc. Maybe permanent nerve damage"