Can you drink alcohol and take Repatha?
Medically reviewed by Melisa Puckey, BPharm. Last updated on Sep 1, 2020.
Can I drink alcohol with Repatha injections?
Binge drinking and Cholesterol levels.
- Binge drinking of alcohol is known to cause an increase in lipid levels.
- Repatha is a medicine that is used to reduce a patient's high cholesterol levels.
- Therefore binge drinking should be avoided in patients with high cholesterol as it may increase the risk of the patient's cholesterol levels being increased.
- Alcohol can be consumed while on Repatha.
- Drinking of alcohol should always be in moderation.
- Binge drinking of alcohol can cause increases in cholesterol levels and increase risk of liver damage.
- Repatha Medication Information: https://www.drugs.com/pro/repatha.html
- Association of High-Intensity Binge Drinking With Lipid and Liver Function Enzyme Levels: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6575145/
Related Medical Questions
- Is Repatha effective without a statin?
- How long should you take Repatha?
- How long do Repatha side effects last?
- How do you inject Repatha?
- Does Repatha cause weight gain or loss?
- Can Repatha cause high blood pressure?
- How much does Repatha cost?
- How fast does Repatha work?
- How does Repatha work?
- Praluent vs Repatha: What's the difference?
Related Support Groups
- Repatha (15 questions, 64 members)
- Evolocumab (2 questions, 3 members)
- High Cholesterol (49 questions, 239 members)
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction (37 questions, 17 members)
- High Cholesterol - Familial Heterozygous (12 questions, 36 members)
- High Cholesterol - Familial Homozygous (8 questions, 16 members)