Can you drink alcohol and take Repatha?
Can I drink alcohol with Repatha injections?
Binge drinking and Cholesterol levels.
- Binge drinking of alcohol is known to cause an increase in lipid levels.
- Repatha is a medicine that is used to reduce a patient's high cholesterol levels.
- Therefore binge drinking should be avoided in patients with high cholesterol as it may increase the risk of the patient's cholesterol levels being increased.
- Alcohol can be consumed while on Repatha.
- Drinking of alcohol should always be in moderation.
- Binge drinking of alcohol can cause increases in cholesterol levels and increase risk of liver damage.
- Repatha Medication Information: https://www.drugs.com/pro/repatha.html
- Association of High-Intensity Binge Drinking With Lipid and Liver Function Enzyme Levels: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6575145/
Related medical questions
- Are there any dangers of taking Repatha?
- What is the best time of day to take Repatha?
- Can Repatha cause high blood pressure?
- How do you inject Repatha?
- How long can Repatha be kept unrefrigerated?
- How fast does Repatha work?
- How much does Repatha cost?
- How does Repatha work?
- Praluent vs Repatha: What's the difference?
- Is Repatha effective without a statin?
- How long should you take Repatha?
- How long do Repatha side effects last?
- Does Repatha cause weight gain or loss?
Related support groups
- Repatha (27 questions, 80 members)
- Evolocumab (7 questions, 4 members)
- High Cholesterol - Familial Heterozygous (14 questions, 42 members)
- High Cholesterol (65 questions, 261 members)
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction (43 questions, 23 members)
- High Cholesterol - Familial Homozygous (9 questions, 17 members)