User Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

Birth Control
3.3

Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

Lauren · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 7, 2021

For Birth Control: “This is the worst pill that has ever happened to me. Do NOT take this pill. I am 31 years old and never in my life have written a review but this pill gave me the WORST panic attacks where I thought I was going crazy, basically made me almost suicidal thinking I needed to be medicated for anxiety. I got off it last week and 2 days later!!! felt like a new person. Beware!! This birth control is so dangerous and should be taken off market in my opinion! Was the worst month of my life.”

zozo · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 6, 2021

For Birth Control: “Don't take it!!! It gave me an awful rash, nausea, a yeast infection, and made me super depressed. It’s been a month and I can’t take it anymore, I’m getting off of it right now. The only good out of this pill is I didn’t get acne, have a lowered sex drive or have weight gain. Besides that I’ve felt sick everyday since taking this rubbish.”

G98 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 2, 2021

For Birth Control: “4 months in and I can't complain, I am on this for PCOS. My main thing is I would recommend taking a B complex. I saw that birth controls depletes B vitamins which can cause mood swings and depression. I've taken a B complex vitamin every day along with the birth control and haven't had any mood swings. Had spotting during my second month but was expecting that while adjusting. My acne didn't get better or worse and didn't gain any weight. Always eat a little something with the pill or you'll be nauseous.”

Steph June 1, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was extremely skeptical to start taking birth control. I have struggled with pretty severe anxiety, depression, mood swings, and suicidal tendencies for a long time. After reading many negative reviews of a variety of brands, I was very reluctant to try it. I've been taking Blisovi 24 Fe for a month now and I am shocked by the results. I am the happiest and most even-tempered I have been in a very long time! I no longer have moods swings, I have not had any suicidal thoughts, and my depression and anxiety have slowly faded away. I have been prescribed actual anti-depression/anxiety meds in the past which only made me worse, so I am so shocked that this pill actually helped me! I don't think there's any telling how you will react to the pill or a certain brand of it until you try it. But if you are scared to, don't be! I'm so happy I decided to push past my fears and give it a try! Worst comes to worst, you can just stop taking it.”

J · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 3, 2020

For Birth Control: “I have been taking Blisovi 24 Fe for about 5 months after switching from Tri-Lo-Sprintec which made my moods crazy. Blisovi 24 Fe has been nothing but good to me. I don’t get acne, I haven’t gotten pregnant (knock on wood) and my periods have become very light and only about 2 days long. Occasionally I experience headaches and nausea but any birth control will do that to you so I don’t find it a big deal. My moods have been much better and less fluctuating overall. I guess everyone really just reacts differently to it.”

CG · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 29, 2021

For Birth Control: “I love this stuff. I had switched from lo loestrin bc of price but really glad I did. My skin has been perfect ever since I started taking it. When I was taking loloestrin it made me have red bumpyness around my chin but once I started taking this it went away immediately and my skin has looked so good ever since. I haven’t had any bad experiences besides my breasts hurting (and they got bigger which I'm happy about). Some reviews said they got headaches/nausea/weight gain/bad moods but I haven’t experienced any of that. My periods haven’t been bad either, no heavier than what they were when not on birth control. Works super well for me!”

Jess · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 3, 2019

For Birth Control: “I've been on this Blisovi 24 FE after Minastrin became unavailable on my insurance. Previously, I was on Loestrin 24 FE and all of these birth controls have had the same effect. I used to have extremely heavy periods without bc and now I almost don't have a period at all. Seriously no negative side effects, no weight gain, acne, etc. I'm surprised to see such negative reviews.”

kate · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2021

For Birth Control: “This was my first birth control and I had a horrible experience. The first few days were fine and then all of a sudden my whole face and chest broke out. I’ve always had acne but this was next level acne that didn’t go away. I also experienced horrible anxiety and nausea. I was constantly nervous and sometimes the anxiety and nausea would wake me up at night for hours at a time. I have a history of anxiety so maybe I’m more prone to having panic attacks but before going on this medication my anxiety was under control and I had no panic attacks a few months prior. A few days after stopping the medication my acne cleared, I gained back my appetite, and I was no longer have panic attacks. Everyone’s experience was different but mine was very bad with his medication.”

Meg · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 29, 2019

For Birth Control: “I am very sensitive and frequently have issues with medication, but I have had no side effects whatsoever with Blisovi. In fact, I have had a ton of really great benefits which may or may not be due to the medication. I was concerned about weight gain on the pill but managed to go from 130 to 110 lbs in just a few months (obviously due to lifestyle/eating changes but weight loss was super easy and not hindered by the pill). My skin also cleared up nearly 100% within a few months of going on the pill. I used to have really bad acne on my face, neck, back, and chest, and it is GONE now. I used to have to wear heavy Kat Von D foundation and concealer just to cover up acne but I have stopped wearing makeup altogether now and literally do not new foundation at all. My periods and related symptoms are also NONEXISTENT. I never have to wear more than an ultra light liner for a day or two now.”

elizabethkate · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 15, 2019

For Birth Control: “I was so scared to start this given the horrible comments and reviews on this site. I almost switched before I even started! Thankfully I didn’t because I have had zero issues with this Blisovi 24 FE. I have always been prone to anxiety and been in and out of therapy for it for 12 years. I’m actually the least anxious I’ve ever been since starting this. Still have those days, but who doesn’t :) If you’re considering getting on Blisovi, please listen to your doctor if they believe it is the right fit for you and don’t let these comments deter you! Also- know the risks involved with any types of hormonal birth control.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 25, 2018

For Birth Control: “This pill honestly worked our really well for me even though I was terrified to start taking it after reading all of the reviews. It made my period much lighter although it took about 3 months to notice that change. I will say my period sometimes comes on the second week of my active pills or it will not come at all for some months. This doesn’t personally bother me but it is something to consider. I think I lost about 20 pounds from this pill which was great for me.. there’s no true evidence it was from the pill but I didn’t change my diet or exercise at all. Overall, I’ve had a very positive experience. Don’t let the negative reviews on here scare you.. people are much more likely to write about their bad experiences than their good experiences.”

owouwu · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 14, 2019

For Birth Control: “My doctor gave me the prescription for this pill Blisovi 24 FE and I started taking them without reading the reviews. I’m actually surprised at the negative experience most of the people here had! Then I remember that every body reacts differently to every medication, and I might have gotten really lucky with this one. I am about to start my second pack, and so far, I’ve had no problems at all with this pill. When I first started taking them, the only side effect I noticed was headaches that lasted for only a few days. After that, everything was fine and normal. My weight has stayed the same, and I’ve had no breakouts on my face. I can’t say what this pill has in store for me in the future, but so far, it’s been uneventful and easy. If you’re reading this and you are still unsure, I’d say just take it anyway and see if it works for you and your body. The negative reviews may seem overwhelming and terrifying, but keep in mind that there are people who had a positive experience with it.”

Anonymous July 24, 2020

“I was in Lo Loestrin for years but switched to Blisovi 24 Fe. I have been on this pill for about 2 months now. I’ve been having terrible headaches, nausea/vomiting, and my mood has been all over the place. I have anxiety, and as soon as I started this pill I have seen it heighten incredibly. My anxiety is terrible now. My mood swings are almost as bad as the anxiety. I become angry and upset so quickly, and I’ve never been like this in my life. I feel insane and emotional. I’m so happy to know htat I am not alone I read all the reviews on this site because it makes me feel less crazy. I’m definitely getting off of this. Also my face is starting to break out in places I’ve never broken out before (my chin + around my mouth). Please discuss other options with your gyno before switching into this birth control!!!”

Kalianne · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 21, 2019

For Birth Control: “I’ve been taking this for just over a month and I actually like it. The first week, I had some nausea and the second week some bleeding and light cramping that lasted around 8 days. But since then, no side effects. One thing I was worried about was weight gain but since starting Blisovi 24 fe, I’ve actually lost around 5 lbs. My period was lighter than it’s ever been, super light. I also had no PMS or period symptoms. Would recommend but I feel like the experience is different for everyone.”

Sandoll June 28, 2019

For Birth Control: “DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE, if you do and experience side effects such as nausea, unstable moods, depression, low to NO sex drive, constantly fatigued, constant yeast issues, brain fog, and your Dr. tells you it has nothing to do with the birth control and recommends you staying on it, and also blames the side affects on something else and sends you for blood work after blood work all while getting PERFECT results back. GET A DIFFERENT DR AND STOP TAKING THIS BIRTH CONTROL IMMEDIATELY. I stupidly trusted my Dr. for YEARS when she told me it was impossible these side affects are from this birth control. When I finally got the sense to just do the research myself it was clear as day that this IS the reason I have been experiencing the side affects mentioned above to the point where it has been noticeable to my family and friends. I have stopped taking this birth control and cannot wait to see the improvements.”

Gumball September 11, 2019

For Birth Control: “I decided to share after reading 4 pages of reviews in case this is helpful to anyone. I was on Taytulla for a year before switching to Blisovi for insurance reasons. I would like to clarify that I live a fairly unhealthy lifestyle. I've lost ~10 pounds since I started this pill, still unsure if that's related or not. I started an antidepressant 2 months before I started my BC, so I was having some trouble telling the side affects of the two medicines apart. With Blisovi, my first two periods came at weird times as my body was adjusting to the pill, but I haven't gotten a period at all for the last two months (I took a test, I'm not pregnant). I haven't experienced any back pain or headaches at all. However, my mental state has definitely changed over these past 4 months, but I'm unsure how much of that has been caused by the pill. I haven't had any acne problems. All in all I don't THINK it has caused me any problems-wanted to post this in case any one else was feeling the same way.”

lu87 · Taken for less than 1 month January 21, 2017

For Birth Control: “I was extremely hesitant to start this pill based on the terrible reviews. I was prescribed this pill after a ruptured ovarian cyst and mildly elevated testosterone levels so kind of had no choice but to try it. I am on day 5 and so far so good! I have not experienced any side effects at all. I was really worried about acne and weight gain as side effects. No acne and I actually seem to be losing weight which is amazing. I will update again after 1 month of use but so far so good!”

Nparr11 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 18, 2019

For Birth Control: “I had been on Lo Loestrin Fe for years with no problems, recently my doctor switched me to Blisovi 24 FE and am now on month two - they are not even the same pills. I am throwing these pills away today. I’ve never had anxiety and depression until being on this pill. Today at work I randomly burst into tears. I DO NOT DO THIS. I have zero sex drive to the point I don’t even want to hug my husband anymore. I have heart palpitations and a constant brain fog. Please do yourself a favor a stay away from this birth control THERES BETTER OPTIONS. I don’t even recognize myself anymore and I’ve always been a confident woman. Currently crying while writing this.”

Meg P · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 1, 2019

For Birth Control: “I’m surprised to see all the negative reviews! Before Blisovi, I was on a name brand BC and didn’t like it at all. My heavy periods persisted. Since switching to Blisovi (thanks, insurance company), my periods have completely stopped, and I’ve had zero negative side effects. Also, it’s VERY effective.”

RomanCat348 June 26, 2020

For Birth Control: “I started taking birth control at 17 due to a genetic condition I have (Familial Mediterranean Fever). Since I was 15-16, every month my period (the estrogen rise and drop) would trigger an episode. I did my research and got on birth control to stop my periods and since then (I am almost 19) I RARELY experience episodes. Overall, birth control has completely changed my life for the better. Yet, aside from the fact that birth control has prevented my episodes for the most part, I experienced extreme depression, anxiety, and disassociation (brain fog, forgetfulness) the first three months I was on it. Over the course of those three months, it gradually got better. I am no longer depressed, forgetful, or disassociated, but I do experience mood swings, outbursts, occasional anxiety, and I cry very very easily. I have noticed that recently my emotions have gotten worse and I've been on this for a year and a half. I may speak with my doctor, but the pros weigh out the cons.”

Miss Gurl February 23, 2021

For Birth Control: “I went on this birth control to help regulate my periods, instead I do not have a period at all. I’ve been on it for about a year and haven’t gotten it once, no complaints but makes me question if that’a safe. My skin was clear before I went on it, and now my chin is ruined from acne and scarring, I have to use so many products to help reduce the appearance of the scars. I didn’t gain any weight but my boobs did grow.”

Faith · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 26, 2019

For Birth Control: “This birth control is the worst thing that’s ever happened to me. I started taking it as soon as I started my sophomore year of college and I have never been more anxious and depressed in my life. I have panic attacks, nausea, weight loss, heart palpitations, “brain fog,” my vision has been blurry, I get dizzy a lot, the list could honestly go on. These symptoms started within the first week of taking this pill and I also missed my last period and I’m not pregnant. Avoid this birth control at ALL costs!!!!!”

Kay · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2019

For Birth Control: “Wow, this birth control made me have SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION!!! I’m 22 and couldn’t have sex, it altered the way I felt about sex, not wanting to be touched, grossed out by the fact my boyfriend wanted to have sex. I had no sensitivity on my body. I thought I was losing my mind. Completely no libido”

bcm97 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2017

For Birth Control: “I actually love this brand. I used to have regular breakouts around my period, heavy periods with bad cramping, and was really prone to ovarian cysts...blisovi completely cleared up my acne, my cramps are pretty much non exsistent, and haven't had ANY pain/ recent cysts. I do feel a little shaky and on edge sometimes, but nothing too serious. I've also maintained the same weight I started them on. To each their own.”

Pinkgirl01 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 14, 2019

For Birth Control: “DO NOT take this birth control!! It is a nightmare!! The first couple months on Blisovi 24 Fe were fine but starting around month 6 I was so depressed, wanted to sleep all day not motivated. HORRIBLE mood swings, NO sex drive at all!! The worst acne I have ever experienced! I have never had acne until I started this pill. I have been off this birth control for two days and already feel 100x better! Find another pill to take because this is not worth it!”

Amandaivy October 30, 2016

For Birth Control: “Went to pharmacy thinking I was picking up gildess and got blisovi fe 1.5/30, started it and immediately after starting it I had severe abodinal pains and cramps that we're keeping me up all night took it for 4 days and no relief. Plan on calling my doctor tomorrow. Not sure if anyone else has had this experience..”

Tiffanyforever · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 19, 2019

For Birth Control: “This stuff is the worst. I was put on it to prevent ovarian cysts. But my hair is falling out, my acne is horrible, I have anxiety, insomnia, mood swings, crying spells, and dark thoughts. I’d rather just HAVE cyst ruptures honestly and they’re so painful. :( Be careful what you put in your body ladies.. I’d advise you avoid this BC at all costs.”

mary July 9, 2019

For Birth Control: “I started taking this when i was a senior in high school (17 1/2 years old). I had no problems until about a year later. I have been constantly tired, my muscles have been twitching, I cry over everything, and I have no sex drive. At 19 years old, I’m coming up with excuses to not have sex with my boyfriend. It’s horrible. I thought I was going crazy until I read these comments and I’m glad to know it’s just this birth control. I’m definitely talking to my gyno about switching next month when I go.”