User Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

Birth Control
3.1

Summary of Blisovi 24 Fe reviews 3.1 222 reviews

Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE THIS! This past year has been the worst year ever!!! All of a sudden I have the craziest symptoms that don’t go away no matter what I do. Severe migraines ALL THE TIME!!!!!!! I gained 10+ pounds!!! I have never had an issue with weight in my life, I workout 6 x a week, eat extremely healthy and the scale is just going up!! It’s effected my mental health so much because it makes you feel like you’re going crazy. I’m extremely tired no matter how much sleep I get . My anxiety has been out of control. I’m sad, tired. Irritable all the time for no reason. My stomach always hurts. My periods are so irregular, I won’t get a period for a couple months, then I’ll spot and bleed randomly all the time. My vision has all of a sudden gotten bad?? I’ve never had eye problems in my life. I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to connect these symptoms to this birth control!!! STAY FAR AWAY!!!"

kmarie February 10, 2019

For Birth Control "My ob/gyn prescribed Blisovi as an alternative to orthotricyclen lo, which I LOVED. She said all of her patients love it and I would too. In one week, I woke up from a panic attack that was so severe I thought I was having a heart attack. My anxiety was so easily triggered while on this, I had heart palpitations and weird breathing even if I thought of something mildly uncomfortable. My gyno said birth control pill don’t cause anxiety and that me and all of the people who said they had issues on internet are wrong, since “no one I've ever given it to has had any issues”. She said all progesterones are the same and that nothing would be different unless I control my anxiety because *that* was the problem. I got a 2nd opinion today and was told that the progesterone in Blisovi is different than Orthotricyclen Lo and that people react differently to each type of hormone. Don’t let your gyno bully you into thinking you have to take what they gave you or nothing at all."

Jk (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this for three weeks and nauseous the whole time. I haven’t stopped bleeding since I started it. I have PCOS and wanted something to help with cysts. I was on Femcon for years, but they took me off when I had an odd pap. I’ve since had a child and been off BC for years. This stuff just makes me feel awful. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone."

Marli (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2019

For Birth Control "I just started week 3 on this birth control and I HATE it! I have gained 5lbs and can't stop eating; I am constantly hungry, even when I know I'm full I still want to eat. I feel tired and have very little energy. My mood is very blah and I have no sex drive. I'm getting my tubes tied next week and cannot wait to be off birth control pills for good!"

BH (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2019

For Birth Control "I have just started my 4th month of this brand of birth control. I started it particularly for my heavy and extremely painful periods. The very first month on it I had NO period at all, which freaked me out. I am 24 and have never missed a period in 8 years. Second month I had my period, but extremely light and short, I almost couldn’t count is as a period. Third month a normal period came right on time after the 3rd week as scheduled. It has cleared up my face immensely since I began it, and I have not noticed any weight gain at all. However as I just started my 4th month on it, I have noticed a very deep “sadness” or “depression” which is not like me at all! I cry over simple things and generally just feel down. Hoping this goes away- otherwise the pill works just as it should."

Britt (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2019

For Birth Control "So I normally do my research before I take any medication! I took my normal trip to my OB with trying to control and irregular period. I needed some relief I was having my period for as long as a month at a time. Dr prescribed this BC because he stated it also had Iron in it . I was super convinced. I been on this medication for about 4 days now . I normally get occasional anxiety but not like this! Crying spells, tingly body . Something felt wrong. Luckily I had a bottle of low dose Xanax prescribed by dr a year ago due to anxiety. I have always been able to keep my anxiety under control. I have never felt anxiety like I did today ! it was horrible. After never taking Xanax in my life or anxiety medication , Today was the first day I HAD TO TAKE A XANAX to help cope with the MAJOR ANXIETY! I was feeling . I felt instant relief. I was always scared to take Xanax. Thank you to this BC to push me to the edge to take one. Please don’t take this contraceptive pill . Panic Attacks all day are not fun!"

SDC January 17, 2019

For Birth Control "I have never left a review on a medication but I need other women to be warned! I was on this two months and it was the WORST two months. I gained 13 pounds, my acne flared up like never before, I was constantly nauseous (throwing up almost everyday), breakthrough bleeding if you are even 10 minutes late taking the pill but the absolute worst side effect was how heightened my anxiety and depression became. Panic attacks almost every day and they were so severe and worst than they have ever been. Crying LITERALLY all the time about everything. Did not have any desire to leave my house and when I did I was so anxious it wasn't even worth it. Even if you aren't sure how your body will react to this pill, I would NOT chance it."

Kris (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2019

For Birth Control "This birth control sucks! I've been taking this for several months now and I have gained 40lbs. I have been eating healthy and exercising and I have not lost not one pound. This will make your mood swings go insane. Horrible horrible."

Anon (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2019

For Birth Control "Look you guys. I started taking this pill about 4 months ago and thought it was great. 1st week I felt fine, however, by the 3rd week I was feeling overwhelmed managing things I had been fine with before. I thought I had too much on my plate and considered counselling. I started with severe depression (which isn’t like me at all) and dark thoughts which scared me. I still associated everything with biting off more than I could chew with working full time and school full time. I took this pill for almost 4 months and the mood swings were out of control. My husband couldn’t recognize me anymore, I didn’t recognize myself. Guys, it’s been one week since I’ve been off this pill and it’s like everything I felt is completely gone. It’s incredible what a little pill can do to your body. I would NEVER recommend this to anyone. If I could rate this a 0 I would!"

Shelbie (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2019

For Birth Control "I have been on this for three months now. I had headaches the first two weeks, but those went away. Made me break out at first, but cleared up after just over two months. I did notice mood swings which have progressively gotten worse, and I have said and done things that I would not normally say or do. However, it is manageable. My confidence has plummeted and I have gained 12 pounds. My appetite has definitely increased. I am very active and have always been lean and able to eat whatever I want but even with dieting and rigorous exercise, I can’t seem to lose any of the weight I’ve gained. My experience hasn’t been terrible, and most of the adverse side effects are easy to live with (other than my insatiable appetite!). My skin is slightly clearer, bust much larger, and periods are shorter and lighter although PMS and cramping aren’t any better."

Ski girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2019

For Birth Control "This was my first experience on birth control. The only pro to this was having lighter periods. However-- I didn't get a period for 3 of the five months I was taking this medication. I gained about 10+ pounds, became extremely depressed and my skin continued to break out. I just stopped taking it and can't to return to my normal self."

travelbug (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 25, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill honestly worked our really well for me even though I was terrified to start taking it after reading all of the reviews. It made my period much lighter although it took about 3 months to notice that change. I will say my period sometimes comes on the second week of my active pills or it will not come at all for some months. This doesn’t personally bother me but it is something to consider. I think I lost about 20 pounds from this pill which was great for me.. there’s no true evidence it was from the pill but I didn’t change my diet or exercise at all. Overall, I’ve had a very positive experience. Don’t let the negative reviews on here scare you.. people are much more likely to write about their bad experiences than their good experiences."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 25, 2018

For Birth Control "If I could give a 0 I would. Asian female, 24 years of age. This is my first time taking this brand. Doctor proscribed these for ovarian cyst, and irregular and painful period. The first week; I notice acne on my face, which was unfortunate because my skin is always clear prior to these pills. Second week; tiredness, bloated, and constipated. Third week; I have constant mild abdominal cramp. I started having hot flashes/ waves during the day. I have trouble sleeping solid at night and would get up to pee at least once a night. My throat started hurting. Fourth week, I wake up in a pool of sweat, even though the house is at 67 degrees! I’d pull out clumps of hair in the shower. I’m worried that it’s causing me more harm than it’s doing good. I’m stopping these today. WORST PILLS EVER. DO NOT TAKE THESE! Seriously, do yourself a favor and ask for something else."

Thebigsad December 22, 2018

For Birth Control "Been taking for 3 years for painful periods. Only get my period every 4-6 months and cramping is much less. Did its job. No side effects, no weight gain, no acne."

Mackaa (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I got put on this after lo loestrin the low dose birth control did not regulate my cycle at all. This birth control did its job for me I didn’t get pregnant and my cycles were normal and very light but after the 1 year mark things got crazy. I became extremely anxious and depressed and entered a really dark place in my mind. I was always crying and overwhelmed and couldn’t figure out why until I stopped taking this birth control and even then it took a few months to be back to myself !"

Leah (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I took this birth control back in April for 4 months. I didn’t have any horrible symptoms, and I got my period normally. Until I started feeling bloated and nauseous. That’s until my dr told me I was pregnant. I had taken the pill EVERY day at the exact same time. This pill failed on me. I was happy I didn’t have horrible symptoms. However, since it failed me, I was very disappointed and upset. I honestly don’t recommend this pill for anyone trying to prevent pregnancy."

Screwedover (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I was switched to Blisovi when my doctor increased my dosage after 6 years on reclipsen. After 2 months, I am still having headaches, extreme breast pain, back pain, random spotting (usually 2 weeks before my period is supposed to happen). I have never missed a period in 16 years and didn't have one once I started this pill, but have spotted and had cramps and breast pain throughout the pack. The side effects are terrible. I'm active and eat healthy, but still have constant bloating, breast discomfort and I'm exhausted. Trying to get on a new pill as soon as possible. I I won't give this another month."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I took this medication for acne purposes. I used to take the same brand but with a lower hormone level, and after six months I was getting two week long periods while taking the pills (as in not in my placebo pill week), so my doctor upped my hormone level. From the moment I started it, I immediately broke out in the worst, incurable acne I’ve ever had. I have gone to the dermatologist to fix it, and I have only been on medications that dry out my skin, but leave me with the same acne. I also gain an immense amount of weight, that no matter how much of a healthy diet or exercise I’m on, I can’t seem to shed. I am planning on switching birth controls ASAP."

KS (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I would NOT recommend Blisovi Fe to ANYONE. The only reason that I switched to this pill to begin with is because my insurance company stopped covering name brands. The first few months I thought the weight gain and mood swings were just side effects of having a baby earlier, and that they would subside after the first few months. Boy, was I wrong. I gained almost 40 lbs in 6 months, my depression and anxiety have both skyrocketed, and it’s come to the point that I can’t even take care of my son to my best ability because I get such terrible back pain and headaches. Not to mention that breakthrough bleeding has become a “normal” and frequent occurrence from month to month. Despite the fact that it’s managed to prevent pregnancy and somewhat regulate my period, I cannot wait to get to my doctor and get off this pill. If you are considering Blisovi fe as a contraceptive, start considering otherwise. Do NOT take this birth control, it will ruin your life."

shimmery November 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I used to take Lo Loestrin but switched to Blisovi about 2 years ago because my insurance stopped covering LoLo. As far as preventing pregnancy, this pill has worked great, but everything else about it is terrible. I have persistent acne on my chin (including bad cysts), but worst of all is my anxiety has been through the roof since I started taking this brand. I'm constantly anxious, irritable, tired, depressed... I never in a million years experienced moods like this. It's affecting my relationship and my mental health overall has completely gone down the drain. I've set up an appointment with my OGBYN to see if I can get off this stuff ASAP."

dw (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 11, 2018

For Birth Control "First 3 months of getting used to, I was constantly nauseated and I was very moody. A few months in I developed acid reflux because of it. I also got my period twice a month. After 11 days of taking my placebo’s, I’d start my period. It honestly did not suit my body well and I would do a lot of research before taking this because it might have too much estrogen for you."

Annie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 9, 2018

For Birth Control "Took this pill for about 6 and half weeks. I started taking it for heavy periods. It totally cured that problem in the first month...hardly had a period at all. HOWEVER, I progressively began to experience more and more anxiety. It culminated on a vacation and I thought that I would have to return home. My heart was racing and I felt like I was experiencing huge releases of adrenaline -- like when you're startled. The feeling would come in go in severity multiple times a day out of the blue. It became so unbearable that I called the doctor's office while I was on vacation. The nurse advised me to stop taking the medication that day and suggested that it may have altered my thyroid levels. It took two days for me to feel half way normal again. Now, a week later, I feel much, much better. While the effect of the pill on my period was amazing, it is simply not worth the side effects for me."

Kris (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on a few different pills over the last 25 years. This is the first pill I have asked to change. I gave it three months like the doctor said after switching from the mini pill (nursing prior to this). The first two months I had my period for two weeks at different points in the months. My face had acne everywhere, just in time for a formal family affair. And I have begun getting migraine headaches. Today I finally called and asked to switch because I have had my period for two weeks and it isn’t stopping. The doctor switched me and now I have to go for a pelvic sono to see what in the world is going on. Had no problems prior to going on this medicine. I do not recommend this pill."

RB (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I started Blisovi a little over a year ago. It was the first BC I had tried and so far the only bad side effects I've noticed are weight gain, which was minimal to begin with, and increased headaches. I was previously experiencing depression and anxiety and I have not noticed an increase to that. Honestly, it's not a bad medication for it's intended purpose. It has definitely helped with preventing pregnancy and stabilizing my periods. I read a lot of the bad reviews and I think the problems are just specific to the individual people."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on Blisovi for almost 4 months now. I have tried probably at least 5 different birth controls (within the last 10 years) so I am very aware of side effects that come with each one. I was scared to switch from junel because I loved it and it gave me no side effects, BUT my periods have always been 8-10 days long. Not full blown, but they take forever to finish. My doctor recommended we try this one. I don't think this BC is bad, but I did have a full 2 1/2 weeks where I was full blown bleeding (not my period and not spotting) which was annoying and I started to realize I have gained a lot of weight. Probably at least 10 pounds which sucks because I have been working so hard to keep the weight I had lost off. I think it is impossible to get the extra weight off while I am on this one so I will be switching to a new one. Other than those two side effects, I did not experience anything crazy like I did with Microgestin (WORST BC EVER-MADE ME CRAZY DEPRESSED AND SUICIDAL)."

JF (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2018