User Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

Birth Control
2.9

Summary of Blisovi 24 Fe reviews 2.9 169 reviews

Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

For Birth Control "I advise anyone to NEVER take this birth control ever. I always had clear skin and would get the occasional breakout here and there and I used to take a birth control called gildess and when I went to get my refill they gave me this one and they said its the same thing. No it was not because not even within two weeks of taking this birth control my entire forehead, cheeks and chin broke out all through out my face terribly. It has been 6 months since I got off of this birth control and I'm still dealing with the spikes of hormones and the terrible acne. It makes me breakdown and cry everyday I really hope no one tries this birth control ever"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I've only been on Blisovi for 3 weeks but am liking it so far. I previously took Monolinya/Sprintec with the intention to make my period symptoms more bearable. It was a nightmare and I was terrified to try a new birth control like Blisovi after how unpleasant my previous experience was. I was actually pleasantly surprised! My nausea now is minimal, mood swings and anxiety a little more manageable, and my depression a bit lighter. My appetite has actually decreased instead of increased. As I said, it's only been 3 weeks but they've been just fine. My only complaint so far is some dryness. It doesn't give me a sour smell like my previous birth control but sometimes the dryness is uncomfortable. Some days are worse than others. I never needed lube during sex until now, but I suppose that's a small price to pay so long as it doesn't get worse. It's just because it's a low estrogen dosage, which can cause dryness, so be aware!"

Magnolia May 18, 2018

For Birth Control "This stuff is horrible I’ve been on it for a week or so. I started it towards the end of my period and after 10 days with huge blood clots I just stopped taking it and what do you know period and clots stopped. I mean these blood clots were so large I could feel them if that makes any sense."

Sam (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve only been on this medication for a week but I’m incapacitated by abdominal pain, bloating, vomiting, and diarrhea and haven’t slept in two nights. I’ve also had really bad headaches and anxiety since I started it. I finally put two and two together and realized this medication was causing all of my symptoms. I’m going back to Taytulla (had to stop due to not having insurance but my doctor offered 6 months of samples after hearing my reaction to this one). Blisolvi is horrible for me. Taytulla caused no side effects, significantly decreased the pain I experience almost daily due to primary adenomyocytosis and endometriosis, and shortened my periods to one day. Try that one!"

Liz (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I felt like I needed to post my experience due to the amount of bad reviews of this medication. I started this birth control in hopes to reduce the heavy constant bleeding PCOS has given me. The first month was tough, the first few days were worse. I was constantly nauseated, exhausted, mood swings, and I couldn’t concentrate. I had most symptoms like most women complain of. I toughed it out and kept taking it. After the first month every one of these symptoms subsided along with the bleeding. I am finally feeling normal again. Every birth control has its pros ands cons. I don’t regret taking this medicine and I will admit the first month on blisovi 24 was extremely difficult. I stopped attending college and laid in bed most of the day. This isn’t my forever birth control as I’m switching to the IUD soon because I’m tired of taking daily pills. Don’t give up ladies!"

Sabrinaaaaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Terrible...DO NOT TAKE. I was on Microgestin for 4 years before the pharmacy switched me to this. Before my husband and I figured out what the change was I thought I needed to go in to a counsellor and definitely some therapy. Since starting on Blisovi two months ago, I started experiencing depression for the first time, I become irritable and cry at the smallest things, and experiences some hair loss. I’m calling my doctor and pharmacy today. I’d rather deal with menstrual cramps than this terrible medicine."

TiffTaff (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I used to take Microgestin and never had any side effects, but my doctor switched me to this pill and I hate it. I am a happy person, and I have never had so many mood swings in my life. I feel anxious all the time and I had never gotten migraines until I started taking this pill. I am quick to get mad and I don't feel like myself. My periods are super light which is nice-but I am always 2 days late when on this pill... I am going back to the doctor to switch back to Microgestin."

InMyOpinion (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Microgestin for the last 5 years before my pharmacy switch to this medication, which they stated was just like Microgestin. I had NO side effects while on Microgestin but this birth control has been a hot mess! I’ve been on it for maybe 2 months & didn’t really experience any issues. I stopped for about a month & recently started back & oh my word. I have been an emotional wreck! I bust out in tears for absolutely no reason. I feel very anxious at times. And I do not feel like myself AT ALL! I am a very happy go-lucky person but this has medication has completely changed my mood. I am stopping this IMMEDIATELY! I do not recommend this to anyone!"

B April 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I definitely do not recommend this pill. I was also on Microgestin prior to changing my insurance and then got put on this awful pill. This pill made my acne get so bad!! Wow it was never this bad with microgestin. I couldn’t figure out what was causing my acne to significantly get worse, I hadn’t changed anything and was actually on the whole 30 program so eating better than I had ever been before so nothing made sense! I realized the only thing I had changed was my pill and decided to do some research and read this pill actually has an ingredient that makes acne worse rather than help it! Ughhh! I got off it immediately and am hoping my skin goes back to normal. What a dreadful experience!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the worst birth control ever. I had been on Gildess for years. Pharmacy switched me to Junel, which I had been on for a year with no change from the Gildess. Pharmacy gave me Blisovi this time and I have been MISERABLE ever since. Terrible headaches, I can't even describe how bloated I am. I am probably 2 pants sizes larger in just a week of taking it. The worst part... I cannot have a bowel movement. I haven't had one since the day I started it and haven't had one in a week. Also have bad cramps on and off and spotting. The pharmacy agreed to reverse the claim with my insurance company and switch me back to Junel, but they have to order it. I will be stopping this pill until I can get Junel. I can't eat because I feel like I am 100% full of... you know what."

miserable (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL.. this pill did NOTHING but ruin my cycle for the time I was on it. I basically bled gross brown blood for two months . On top of that . I know that it takes time for birth control to self regulate , but my body could not handle the amount of stomach issues I had while on this pill. I could not leave the house because of constant diarrhea, the bloating and gas pains were absolutely horrible. My gyno and she said to stop the pill . However , THEY DID NOT STOP. It has been three months , and I am still experiencing symptoms. The gyno claimed that these pills could have triggered something else. I went to the gastroenterologist and he said that I have IBS and should get a colonoscopy to make sure no other issues are present. I have never had any stomach issues in my life prior to taking these pills. PLEASE do yourself a favor and opt for a higher rated birth control, especially if you already have IBS or other stomach issues."

Anonymous April 20, 2018

For Birth Control "My daughter was on Blisovi for irregular and heavy periods, just recently she started having shortness of breath and sharp pains in lower back and shoulders. We took her to the ER and found out she had several blood clots in her lungs after lengthy tests and MRI and CAT scans it was determined this pill caused this, she is healthy, a non smoker and no alcohol or drugs. This birth control was the only thing she ever took, her provider never told us this was a side effect please be aware of this pill. She will never go on another birth control pill again!"

Mama bear (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I already get occasional cystic acne, typically when I'm about to start my period. This pill made it so much worse. Since I started taking it my skin has been consistently erupting, my face is puffy and swollen, and on top of that I've been experiencing depressive symptoms. I already have anxiety and it's hard to say if it's the pill making it worse or if it's environmental circumstances, but I don't have an external cause for feeling as depressed as I have since I've started taking this pill. I've been on other birth control pills such as ortho tricyclen without any of these problems. I do not recommend this pill, and I am so disappointed with my experience taking it."

Sam (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking this around 8 months ago. After the switch from my first birth control to this I noticed minor pimples on my cheeks but I figure, hey, that's stress, whatever. Over the next few months I exercised, ate healthy regularly, and got enough sleep. I gained 10 pounds. I continue taking it. I start getting zits on my chin and under my nose, some cystic acne. Never broken out there before/ had cystic acne. In fact, my skin was flawless before I was on birth control and while I was on my first ever birth control. My acne on my chin gets worse. I speak to a skincare professional that tells me that breaking out on this area is due to hormonal imbalance. Today I have 2 cysts. Not cystic acne, 2 actual cysts on my chin along with over 10 other zits surrounding it because this medication made it worse and worse. I am in severe pain. My insurance company alerted me that I was having a severe medical reaction and to get off the medication as soon a possible."

LizaBK April 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm on continuous bc and my pharmacy switched me to this in mid-December after I had been on Microgestin for years. I've gained 15 lbs (I'm relatively active and had not changed my diet), have acne (I'm 49 and have never had an acne problem), I've had to deal with spotting off and on - sometimes almost two full weeks of heavy spotting - and some of the worse cramps I've ever had. This is the worst! I have a doctor's appointment this week and am hoping they'll change it. Otherwise I'll be stopping this pill immediately and just deal with having a regular irregular period!"

Sms (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2018

For Birth Control "Horrible, horrible, horrible!!! I've been on this pill for 4 weeks now. The worst 4 weeks of my life. Days after I started to take it there is is a zit party on my forehead ! I have had extreme anxiety at least 3 times a week. My mood swings are uncontrollable and sex drive is at an all time low. I would not recommend this pill to anyone. Going from microgestin to blisovi due to insurance not covering it is so not worth it. I'll pay for the pill rather then have these awful side effects."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2018

For Birth Control "Well I've been on birth control for a little over two years now (first Loestrin. Then Microgestin when I had to change insurance plans, then Junel, then Blisovi. I have been on this one for two months. For at least the last six months I have had no Libido which is sad because I am recently married. I come home from work and after dinner I am in bed ready to sleep at 7:30. I used to spend the evenings creating and being artsy in my art studio. Now I have no energy at all! Since starting Blisovi I have also broken out on my face immensely. Stopping this pill tomorrow to see if birth control is the culprit for my tiredness, lack of libido and acne."

Nomorepills (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2018

For Birth Control "Before taking this I was taking Tri-Sprintec for a little under a year just to help with regulating my period and cramps. I mentioned to my doctor that on that pill I still had a heavy period and cramps and I was taking midol still. She agreed that it shouldn’t be like that on birth control so she was going to switch me to a monophasic pill Junel. The pharmacy gave me Blisovi 1/20 I guess due to insurance reasons so I began taking it Jan. 1st 2018. I’m going onto my third month with this pill and I get my period every two weeks and goes back and fourth to either lasting 9 days or 4 days. I have never EVER had such an irregular period in my life. And if that doesn't seem bad enough I would rate the pain an 8 on a scale of 1-10 for cramps which I get whenever these annoying periods begin. A lot of random cravings too for food and EXTREME bloating. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS BCP!!"

Elisa (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I recently started Blisovi to help with my very heavy & lengthy periods. I have uterine fibroids & PCOS. The drug did seem to help shorten my period this month & help clear my skin. HOWEVER - the side effects have been frightening. I only took 3 of the pills before stopping because my head hurt like nothing I have ever felt. A blistering, searing pain akin to the flu. My eyes burned. My neck & back ached like I had the flu. I was (am still) nauseated & exhausted. Perhaps worse than that, I am MEAN. Irrationally irritable & teary. The 3rd day I took the pill I began to feel almost disconnected from reality. I felt more like I was taking a narcotic than a bc. I have taken other oral contraceptives & never experienced anything akin to this. I will absolutely never take another dose of this stuff."

TiredMama (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control has made me loose control of myself. I don't feel like the same person I was before taking this pill two months ago. I have gained weight, had intense breast and lower abdominal pain, and my anxiety and depression has COMPLETELY worsened. The only good thing is that my once 8 day periods is now only 4-5 days... but really this oc sucks."

anon. (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2018

For Birth Control "For 10 years I took Loryna. That birth control was awesome BUT made my testosterone levels so low, that we needed to change it. My doctor recommended Blisovi 24 Fe. This is my second week and the nausea is terrible. I can’t sleep because of it, and then next morning the same. I gain 4lbs in 2 weeks! Im an active person who works out 3-4 times a week, and I don't eat different. Headaches too. And something weird happened one day: my legs itched so bad. It wasn’t allergy... I don’t know what I’m gonna do."

Vicky (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been using this pill for almost a full year now, and only the 1mg dosage and I couldn’t be happier with it. It’s worked brilliant for me this entire time. I personally skip my periods on it since they hurt so much (not because of the pill, I take the pill because of the pain) so I wouldn’t know if it’s affected my period. Last time I checked it made it lighter. I’ve never had one pregnancy scare on the pill either. I think it’s a great beginners method. Don’t know why everyone’s so negative on here."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 24, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control is the absolute WORST!! I got this prescription for my irregular periods and it’s made it WORSE. I have history with depression and it completely triggered it again. I would wake up crying and picking fights with my boyfriend all the time. Not only that, but my sex drive IS GONE. Me and my bf haven’t had sex in almost TWO MONTHS because 1) my libido is at an all time LOW 2) my self esteem is at 0 3) I feel tired all the time. Do not take this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I was originally on a different prescription until I was told my insurance doesn’t cover it and switched to this per the pharmacy. This birth control is horrible and honestly after many reviews I’ve read I’m not sure how this is on the market. My cycle is completely off schedule, bloating, nausea, mood swings, headaches, hot flashes. I would never recommend this, this product is a nightmare!"

JAJAjajaja February 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking this birth control in mid December, (so it’s been about 2 months since I’ve been on it), in the first month I experienced severe anxiety (and had my first anxiety attack). In month 2 I’ve notice my acne has gotten a bit worse but it’s still manageable so I’m not fully complaining about that. My periods used to be 8 days long of constant heavy flow, and now they’re 2-4 days of light. So I think it’s a good brand for when you want a light period, just sucks when your bf thinks your psycho some days haha"

18yr/old (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2018