User Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

Birth Control 84 reviews 299 medications

2.9
Summary of Blisovi 24 Fe reviews 84 reviews 2.9

Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

For Birth Control "This is my 3rd month on BC but recently was switched to blistovi and am in the 3rd week of my first pack. I've started experiencing spotting today, which lead me to this website. I am terrified of everyone's own experiences and even only being 3 weeks in I can relate a lot! Before I started I was a very active person who loved going to the gym and working out, but lately I have not had the energy or enthusiasm to get up and go. I've found myself sleeping a lot during the day and feeling exhausted even after 10+ hours of sleep. I really didn't think anything of it but now it makes total sense! I just picked up my next months pack but I'm immediately calling my doctor to change to a new one!"

Harper123. April 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Before taking Blisovi 24 Fe, I had taken Lo Loestrin Fe for 3 years and loved it! My insurance company stopped covering Lo Loestrin Fe so I switched to Blisovi 24 Fe. So far this pill has done everything I went on the pill to avoid! I have awful cramps, heavy bleeding, sore breasts, acne, mood swings, etc. I have given my body the suggested amount of time to adjust and my symptoms still have not improved. My experience with this birth control was awful and I am just waiting for my appeal to go through so I can get back on Lo Loestrin Fe again."

Kay521 April 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I am on my 4th month with this birth control, I am turning 19 and this is the first time I have used birth control so I can't compare it to anything else. At first I was really worried because my boobs were we're consistently sore, I used to be 107lbs in August and I am now 117lbs. I also had anxiety and lots of stress, I thought it was just the workload, but from the other reviews I have now learnt I am not the only one suffering from stress. My periods have been lighter, before I have been heavy but now on this pill I barely have a period. I was worried about this at first but I consulted my doctor and she said that it's common for spotting to occur in the first few months of taking the pill. I like it tho I get less pains when on my period."

Ik12345 April 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I don't see what everyone is complaining about. Blisovi was the first birth control I was prescribed at age 17 and have been on it for nearly 2 years. You just need to give your body time to adjust to the pill! My periods were irregular for about 3 months and now I know exactly when they are coming and how long they will last. Only side effects I have are achy breasts a week or so before my period and I feel sick if I don't have a snack before I take it. Overall I am very happy with Blisovi."

PinkSocks (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I recently posted a review on this pill 3 months ago when I fist started and thought it was great. I WAS WRONG! I had to update because I could not in good conscience let anyone think this pill is anything but terrible. My fist month went great, no side effects at all. The second month I noticed my stomach was not right. Turns out this pill destroys the good bacteria in your gut. Probiotics are a must! I noticed I started to gain a little weight and developed slight eczema on my face which still comes and goes 2 months later. Beware taking this pill."

lulunew April 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Been on BC since I was 16 because of ovarian cysts. Never had problems with BC. For 10+ years, enjoyed the controlled, predictable periods, and of course zero problems with cysts, and that was that. I loved being on BC (Junel, Microgestin). Took Blisovi for a few months, got TWO periods a month. Full-blown bleeding EVERY OTHER WEEK. Stuck it out for a few months, tried to let my body adjust, finally stopped for 6 months to let my period normalize. Recently started Blisovi back up because of ovarian inflammation until I can get back to the Dr to change BC. Two weeks on it and the problems have started again already. Constant spotting. Extreme lethargy. Irritability. Anxiety. Possible hives reaction connection. Inflammation during ovulation"

BlisoviBad (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on Lomedia for over 2 years - no side effects, was very happy with Lomedia. Suddenly got switched to Blisovi 24 Fe because Lomedia was on Bacorder. Blisovi 24 Fe is the worst pill ever. I've been dizzy every day - my mood is terrible - can't stop complaining about stupid things. Got breakouts on my chin, around my nose, my skin got really oily. I've been taking this pill for 3 weeks now. This is my 1st and last month on ever taking this terrible pill. DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL!"

basiakam April 7, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Awful. I've been on birth control for 10 years and I've never had a reaction like this. I was on Junel before they switched me to Blisovi. Ever since I've been extremely moody/irritable, it made me feel anxious and lethargic. I can only describe it as feeling crazy. I can tell my reactions are irrational but my emotions are getting the better of me (so much so that's it's been straining my relationship). When I restarted the pack after my week off I became nauseous and had headaches all day the first day taking it. I was scared to take it again the second day but thought my body would adjust. It's been three months and if anything the symptoms are getting worse. Wouldn't recommend to ANYONE."

kw127533 April 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Well I'm not pregnant, but my period is VERY irregular. I have it in a shorter time before I'm done with the active pills. Then it lasts almost 1.5 weeks. Also breaking out horribly during the whole month (possible to be unrelated)."

Nina12345678901234567890 April 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on this now for almost 2 months and I've been on and off my period like crazy I was on it so far for 29 days and off for only 15 it's terrible I'm going to get it changed because it's honestly awful ruining underwear just to prevent pregnancy only to be on my period over and over again"

Kenna t April 3, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have taken Lomedia for years and have absolutely loved it. When I went to my pharmacy a week ago to pick up my prescription they told me that Lomedia had been suddenly discontinued and so they had given me Blisovi. She explained that it's suppose to be made by the same company as Lomedia and is SUPPOSED to be the same exact ingredients. THAT CANNOT BE TRUE. I have had no issues with my periods for years and now I am bleeding heavily, am very bloated and my face is suddenly breaking out. I do not believe it's the same pill, something is different. I do not recommend this pill."

PILLNOGOOD (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I had hives and an allergic reaction to Blisovi... it was substituted by my pharmacy after I was taking Lomedia which I enjoyed taking for two years. Three weeks into taking it, hives all over my stomach and somewhat on my arms. My lips were swollen and dry. I discontinued it and immediately had to be switched by my doctor. I can't recommend this drug at all."

loo22 March 29, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "If I could give this pill 0, I WOULD. IT IS H O R R I B L E. I started my second pack on Sunday, but I stop yesterday, I do not care that that probably is not the way to stop BC but I couldn't take it anymore, I've gain around 15lbs (I was on Junel before, which made me a little bloated) but this, THIS STUPID PILL is making me so so so bloated it's not even worth it. Same symptoms as everyone in this reviews I was reading. It's crazy but I had all of the things you are all describing and never thought it could be the pill. I work out 5 x to 6 x a week religiously, I eat super healthy and I'm still gaining weight. Not to mention I was tired ALL the time, and I'm normally very active and awake. Also, no period. AT ALL. NOT GOOD."

FattieFromBC (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I actually love this brand. I used to have regular breakouts around my period, heavy periods with bad cramping, and was really prone to ovarian cysts...blisovi completely cleared up my acne, my cramps are pretty much non exsistent, and haven't had ANY pain/ recent cysts. I do feel a little shaky and on edge sometimes, but nothing too serious. I've also maintained the same weight I started them on. To each their own."

bcm97 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was prescribed this as my regular birth control (Meliane) was not available here. I completed my first month on Blisovi and it has been horrible. It made me very irritable and paranoid (I'm usually laid back to indifferent) and it has killed all sex drive I had. I've had more than usual hair loss with dry skin and scalp. It also caused vaginal dryness for me and made sex uncomfortable. I've had bad constipation despite upping my intake of fiber to counter things and when it was time for my period, I didn't bleed but had severe cramps and backaches- basically all my PMS symptoms without bleeding which made me worried about being pregnant (I checked and am not). The good thing is that it is completely covered by my insurance."

NotForMe33 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Not sure why everybody is bashing in this type of birth control but to me it seems perfectly fine. Granted I have only been in it for two months but I haven't seen any changes in my weight, mood, or really anything at all. My period is basically non existent because the placebo is only four days and my body basically only bleeds for one day and it is very light. Overall I think it does what it is suppose to do without any problems."

Does what it's suppose to (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was switched to this pill when Gildess Fe got recalled. I have gained weight and have noticed irritability and tiredness. I have repeatedly asked my pharmacy if they have gildess back to no avail. I think I need to try something else regardless, this pill is not working for me."

Amandab18 March 22, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This bc pill is awful. Horrible headache that stayed for the entire time on the pill. Horrible stomach pains. Had to quit it. Not the same as Lomedia 24 FE!"

Bilsovihater (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was put on this birth control because my pharmacy had a hard time finding microgestin. No big deal. I read the reviews and I was so nervous but I still gave it a shot. I was on this pill for a month. It caused me to be extremely moody and tired all the time. My sex drive was low/nonexistent. Then when it came time for my period, it was barely there, which was alarming. When wiped with toilet paper there was a little blood, but nothing ever came out. It was the days I was expecting my period, so I assume it was just a weird period but I'm not sure."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on Balziva for the past year but my new insurance won't cover it so my doctor prescribed Blisovi. I am on the first week of my second pack. I got my period with heavy bleeding on the second week of my first pack then continued to have cramps until the fourth week. I had spotting when I was supposed to have my period according to the pack. At the beginning of each pack so far I've experienced horrible nausea. I thought it was my body adjusting to new medication but after reading these reviews I may need to take these symptoms up with my doctor."

Nicole E March 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "My insurance switched me from Junel FE to Blisovi FE. When I called and asked why it changed, I was told they were equivalent to each other and the switch was due to what the supplier had. They told me that since both pills were so similar, I shouldn't have any changes or symptoms. I stuck it out for about 3 months, so my body would adjust to it. This BC is TERRIBLE. I rarely spot between periods but have had a chronic problem with this since I started my second pack of Blisovi. My period is also heavier than usual and I've been feeling very lethargic. I switched off of it this week. I have been on birth control for many years and never had a reaction like this. I would not recommend it!!!"

BS BC March 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on this for a month and a half. Until reading the reviews I did not realize why I have been so angry, moody, and depressed. I did not even think about that as a side effect. I have had a period for two weeks, I am soo mad. I started the pill to have sex, not be able to. I also leave for a cruise in a few days. I am sooo mad."

Cat216 March 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I only found myself on this website after not having a period for 4 months to see if anyone else had anything to say about that. I do have to take pregnancy tests to be safe but this stuff is really good. The only side effects of taking it for me are sore breasts and occasional nausea, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons. I don't intentionally skip a period so if this worries you I would stay away from this birth control."

Lali227 March 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on a variety of pills for years and loved them all, wish they would stop discontinuing them (and my insurance would just cover all pills, not just some). But I was removed from Gildess b/c it was discontinued, and put on Blisovi. I did two months of it and the only side effect, which was too awful, was being constipated. There must be more iron in it than the others. I stopped taking it b/c I always felt pain in my stomach and could never go to the bathroom properly...for two months! I am screwed now b/c my insurance won't cover anything else, and everything else is being recalled. I really am beyond frustrated and not sure what to do anymore."

ABBBB9999 March 9, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on various forms of birth control for 16 years and have never had an issue with any of them. I was put on Bislovi because Gildess was recalled. It was a literal nightmare!! I was irritable, exhausted and I hate to use the word but crazy!! My breasts were huge swollen and sore and I had horrible periods. I stayed on it for 4 months because I thought I would adjust, but it just got worse. I am now on Junel and all is back to normal. DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL!!"

CaliB (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2017

Page 1 2 3 4 Next

More about Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands: Lo Loestrin Fe, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Minastrin 24 Fe, Necon 1/35, More... (39)

Professional resources