User Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

Birth Control 16 reviews 292 medications

2.7
Summary of Blisovi 24 Fe reviews 16 reviews 2.7

Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

For Birth Control "Was on Junel Fe and it worked according to my needs...which was to have a lighter more manageable PERIOD or no PERIOD at all. After taking Junel for a year, all was well. Upon my renewal, I went to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription to be told that Junel Fe had been recalled or discontinued, but Blisovi was the same medication. IT IS NOT! Where my cycle had been light to non existent, never experienced cramping even before being on birth control, I have now been on Blisovi since the end of October 2016 and my cycle has gone haywire! Sudden unexpected menstruation, including severe cramping is not the answer! Had me over here thinking about getting on Depo, but I feel that is not the answer either. I am contacting my doctor immediately!"

This is NOT working (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2016

This is NOT working (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2016

For Birth Control "Was on the Gildess brand for almost a year and LOVED it! Went to the pharmacy to pick it up and they gave me Blisovi instead saying that it is the same exact thing. Its one month latter and I HATE it! My breast have shrunk and have gained weight in my stomach which is the last thing a girl wants! I have been having stomach problems and getting bad acne breakouts all over! It is far from the same thing I took before, glad to see I am not the only one having problems. Calling my doctor to have it switched!"

Bekahw537 December 2, 2016

"I had been using Gildess for a year when the pharmacy gave me Blisovi as a replacement without any explanation. I only had a spotty period for the first month. The 2nd week of the 2nd month I quickly started to retain water like I had never done before in my life! I gained 15 pounds in a week. Breast tenderness, swollen fingers and toes, with limited urination. I work out 6 days a week and I could not work up a sweat even after 1 hour of cardio. My body was definitely in water retention mode. I called my doctor who had not heard about the Gildess recall. I am grateful for finding this website and all of your posts here so that I didn't feel like I was going crazy! Can we contact the Pharma. Co?"

water weight gain November 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I've experienced exactly what others are commenting on here. I was fine on Junel then Gildess then was switched to Blisovi. I've almost finished my 2nd pack and will be switching to Minastrin after talking to my obgyn. I'm up 8-lbs since started, the waist in my pants are extremely tight, breast tenderness, i had a rash on my hip/abdomen for the first few weeks, and i get extremely nauseous in the mornings and evenings. I've also had breakthrough bleeding, but that is probably more my fault- it happens if i forget to take a pill before work and don't get to take it until that evening. Overall I can't wait to be off of this medication and I hope the new one I try doesn't give me crazy side effects, but you never know until you've tried it."

Jess0711 November 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this Birth control for about 9days and have gain 5lbs. I thought I was putting on weight because of the holidays but it's def the pill. I've never suffered with acne and I've been breaking out on the side of my face which is the hormonal area. When picking up my birth control at a cvs I wasn't not aware of the change. I will be contacting my doctor and letting them know how upset I am with the changes and not making me aware. I will no longer be continuing this pill and do not advise anyone else to. After reviewing the reviews everything else everyone is stating is exactly what occurring to me. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PILL!"

ElleB93 November 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I used to be on Loestrin FE and loved it but the pharmacy switched it to Blisovi and since I've started taking it I'm up 15-20lbs depending on the day. I work out every day and have a very healthy diet yet no matter what I do the weight won't drop. Being someone who struggled with weight naturally, got to a goal body fat/weight only to have it spike so rapidly is extremely upsetting. Not only is my weight up but my face breaks out all the time and my anxiety as of late has been awful. I DO NOT recommend this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2016

For Birth Control "Went to pharmacy thinking I was picking up gildess and got blisovi fe 1.5/30, started it and immediately after starting it I had severe abodinal pains and cramps that we're keeping me up all night took it for 4 days and no relief. Plan on calling my doctor tomorrow. Not sure if anyone else has had this experience.."

Amandaivy October 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I started out with microgestin originally and when I moved I had to switch pharmacies. In doing this, they told me i had to take a different generic because they didn't carry the same brands as my old pharmacy. At first this was fine I was on one brand I can't remember and then gildess. These were fine until 3 months ago they switched me to blisovi. This drug is a nightmare. I'm 5'2 and a freshman in college. I went from 115 to 140. 140!!!!!! On someone my height it's very noticeable and embarrassing! Not only that but my acne is the worst it's ever been my whole life. Do not take this "generic". Even if it's a milligram off your body reacts and this has really messed up my life. Praying Ill be able to work it off..."

The freshman 25 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I was taking gildess fe 1/20 birth control and my pharmacist changed it since it was on recall and switched me over to Blisovi Fe 1/20 and it mucked everything up, I'm not too happy but I can't do much about it I haven't gotten my period so far, I have breast tenderness I have horrible headaches and I usually never break out and so far I have since I switched my BC. NO BUENO smh "

Allieeeee October 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking the this pill and after a little over a month I noticed I was getting highly depressed and high anxiety. I haven't changed anything in my life. I just stopped recently in hopes that this stops it"

Anonymous October 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I recently been on the pill for about a week now and so far I am okay . I started taking the pill the first day of my period which was 9/16/16 and it was supposed to end two days ago 9/22/16 and I am still experiencing bleeding . It is light bleeding more like spotting so I am guessing this is breakthrough bleeding but I was curious as to how long will this last."

Jayla16 (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2016

For Birth Control "When switching to a lower dose of birth control, my pharmacy switched me from Microgestin to Blisovi. Within 24-48 hours after my first dose, I developed an itchy rash on my abdomen. I went to the doctor who suspected it was an allergic reaction and prescribed a steroid cream. The rash continued to spread and increase in severity, until I stopped the Blisovi."

Aspalathus (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

For Birth Control "Pharmacy switched my BCP from Gildess Fe 1/20 to Blisovi. I've gained 10+ lbs in less than 2 months!!! My life style has always been the same - watch what I eat and workout daily. But I was not able to control my body weight. I would NOT recommend this pill to anyone."

Severe weight gain August 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I just recently started taking the Blisovi 24 Fe and am in the first month. I have already gained five pounds. These reviews were very helpful. I just thought I was getting fat. I to work out and eat a good diet as well. I will be switching birth control thanks to these reviews."

Jam85 August 18, 2016

For Birth Control "One day picking up my prescription I noticed the bag said "different name same drug" that couldn't have been more wrong. After starting this pill I gained 10lbs, on my smaller frame it's insanely noticeable to the point I'm afraid someone will ask if I'm pregnant. Went up 2 pant sizes which is completely out of character for me. Not only was I am emotion mess during my period but all the other days as well. Tired and fatigued constantly. Not good at all, terrible experience. Absolutely had to switch."

PensLady (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2016

For Birth Control "Was on name brand Loestrin 24 when it came out 10 years ago. Switched over to name brand Minastrin chewables since that was the replacement Loestrin. I had no issues or side effects, get my period every so often and it would be very light. Switched insurance at it was $425 for a pack!!! So I called my doctor asking for a generic version and was prescribed Blisovi. The ingredients are identical, but I've been on it a month and a half and have gained 6 pounds. I follow a strict low carb diet and am celiac, so I am able to maintain my weight. Despite what I eat or drink, The weight is piling on and I have been spotting every other week. I've been on BCP for 10 years, you'd think I'd be pretty consistent."

Don't use this (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2016

More about Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Professional resources