User Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

Birth Control

Summary of Blisovi 24 Fe reviews 2.9 176 reviews

Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

"I am 49 year old and need help with hormones. Peri menopause has me in anxious states the months I miss having a period. I was only on for one week. Just called my obgyn and said I’m done. This pill had me to wanting to punch my husband for telling me to calm down. I keep having angry thoughts. I feel my face is in constant bitch look because I’m so annoyed. I threw the pack of stupid pills away!"

Colleen (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Less than a year ago I switched my prescription from a ShopRite pharmacy to a CVS pharmacy for multiple reasons. Once I picked up my prescription from CVS, it was this completely different brand than I had been using (I was on Larin 1/20 Fe, and they switched it to Blisovi 24 Fe). I simply informed my doctor to send the prescription to another pharmacy, and the CVS changed it out for another generic, probably based on cost/insurance. Over the past 6 months I’ve noticed increasing pain with sex, decreasing sex drive, and I cannot lose weight no matter what I do. I’m not gaining anything, which has happened on other brands of the same drug, so that’s good I guess. Similar to others’ experiences with this drug, I’ve had bad period cramps and backaches, but little to no blood. On the other drugs I’ve been on I’ve had absolutely no cramps or blood or anything which was amazing. This pill sucks!"

Fed Up!!!! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 19, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control definitely lightened my period significantly which was my main reason for getting on birth control BUT, it made me extremely depressed and heat intolerant and at 19 I should not be having hot flashes."

Nicki (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 14, 2018

For Birth Control "Overall it does what it's meant to do.. but this birth control is honestly making me so depressed. Perhaps this certain brand needs to a different formula. I thought I was depressed before but.. this is just pushing me over the edge here. I've had two very severe panic attacks over the silliest things ever. These took place in one month, two weeks apart. I'm going stop taking this birth control, hopefully I'll feel better in the end. I'll be looking into switching. I started taking this birth control to help my super irregular period. Hopefully this gives you insight."

Timbs (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I know birth control can be different for everyone but for me I have no complaints! With Blisovi I didn't have any mood changes, weight, or acne changes. I did notice the increased and thickened vaginal secretions but that's normal in trying to prevent egg fertilization so that is to be expected. My first three months of taking it, I had my period mid pills and not during the placebo pill week but after those three months, I haven't had a period at all (and I'm not pregnant I checked) My OB/GYN said some women experience lighter periods or none at all on Blisovi so that's awesome for me!"

AMR June 29, 2018

For Birth Control "Please do not take this. I have never felt so depressed in my life when I was on this pill. I thought it was just me, but the moment I stopped taking it I realized it wasn't me at all. I never wanted to leave my room, I slept way to much, and was acting way out character for me. Everyone in my life was very concerned for me. One of the worst parts was the fact that my hair started falling out as well, which I am still dealing with right now and I don't know when it will stop. This was the only birth control I have ever tried, and I won't be trying again for a long time."

Jordan (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2018

For Birth Control "I was extremely nervous to start taking Blisovi after reading all of the reviews on here. I am 18 and it was my first time taking birth control pills, but I have been taking it for many months and have had ZERO negative side effects. My skin is more clear now than it has ever been, my weight has not changed, no headaches, etc. I also have some school related anxiety and was worried because a lot of people said it worsened their anxiety but I have not experienced this."

5f2819h0 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking microgestion for a few years. I have had no problems. Apparently the pharmacies around me didn't have enough stock. So they gave me Blisovi 24 FE said it was just like my previous birth control. IT'S NOT! I am currently on it but will stop as we speak. I have bad allergies so it's not uncommon for me to get hives or just plain itchy. I also have severe asthma. So recently about three days ago I have been breaking out in hives all day and having to use my inhaler more than normal. No amount of Benadryl was or is helping. The hives are so bad that I can't sleep and I'm itching to the point of bleeding. The only thing new I have ingested was this pill. So I thought I would look up reviews and side affects. Sure enough I land here. My boobs feel like they have stones in them. I take antidepressants and mood stabilizers. This pill has made me so whacky and has caused me to spiral. Don't take this pill. There is something off about this pill."

Neveragain June 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I advise anyone to NEVER take this birth control ever. I always had clear skin and would get the occasional breakout here and there and I used to take a birth control called gildess and when I went to get my refill they gave me this one and they said its the same thing. No it was not because not even within two weeks of taking this birth control my entire forehead, cheeks and chin broke out all through out my face terribly. It has been 6 months since I got off of this birth control and I'm still dealing with the spikes of hormones and the terrible acne. It makes me breakdown and cry everyday I really hope no one tries this birth control ever"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I've only been on Blisovi for 3 weeks but am liking it so far. I previously took Monolinya/Sprintec with the intention to make my period symptoms more bearable. It was a nightmare and I was terrified to try a new birth control like Blisovi after how unpleasant my previous experience was. I was actually pleasantly surprised! My nausea now is minimal, mood swings and anxiety a little more manageable, and my depression a bit lighter. My appetite has actually decreased instead of increased. As I said, it's only been 3 weeks but they've been just fine. My only complaint so far is some dryness. It doesn't give me a sour smell like my previous birth control but sometimes the dryness is uncomfortable. Some days are worse than others. I never needed lube during sex until now, but I suppose that's a small price to pay so long as it doesn't get worse. It's just because it's a low estrogen dosage, which can cause dryness, so be aware!"

Magnolia May 18, 2018

For Birth Control "This stuff is horrible I’ve been on it for a week or so. I started it towards the end of my period and after 10 days with huge blood clots I just stopped taking it and what do you know period and clots stopped. I mean these blood clots were so large I could feel them if that makes any sense."

Sam (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve only been on this medication for a week but I’m incapacitated by abdominal pain, bloating, vomiting, and diarrhea and haven’t slept in two nights. I’ve also had really bad headaches and anxiety since I started it. I finally put two and two together and realized this medication was causing all of my symptoms. I’m going back to Taytulla (had to stop due to not having insurance but my doctor offered 6 months of samples after hearing my reaction to this one). Blisolvi is horrible for me. Taytulla caused no side effects, significantly decreased the pain I experience almost daily due to primary adenomyocytosis and endometriosis, and shortened my periods to one day. Try that one!"

Liz (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I felt like I needed to post my experience due to the amount of bad reviews of this medication. I started this birth control in hopes to reduce the heavy constant bleeding PCOS has given me. The first month was tough, the first few days were worse. I was constantly nauseated, exhausted, mood swings, and I couldn’t concentrate. I had most symptoms like most women complain of. I toughed it out and kept taking it. After the first month every one of these symptoms subsided along with the bleeding. I am finally feeling normal again. Every birth control has its pros ands cons. I don’t regret taking this medicine and I will admit the first month on blisovi 24 was extremely difficult. I stopped attending college and laid in bed most of the day. This isn’t my forever birth control as I’m switching to the IUD soon because I’m tired of taking daily pills. Don’t give up ladies!"

Sabrinaaaaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Terrible...DO NOT TAKE. I was on Microgestin for 4 years before the pharmacy switched me to this. Before my husband and I figured out what the change was I thought I needed to go in to a counsellor and definitely some therapy. Since starting on Blisovi two months ago, I started experiencing depression for the first time, I become irritable and cry at the smallest things, and experiences some hair loss. I’m calling my doctor and pharmacy today. I’d rather deal with menstrual cramps than this terrible medicine."

TiffTaff (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I used to take Microgestin and never had any side effects, but my doctor switched me to this pill and I hate it. I am a happy person, and I have never had so many mood swings in my life. I feel anxious all the time and I had never gotten migraines until I started taking this pill. I am quick to get mad and I don't feel like myself. My periods are super light which is nice-but I am always 2 days late when on this pill... I am going back to the doctor to switch back to Microgestin."

InMyOpinion (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Microgestin for the last 5 years before my pharmacy switch to this medication, which they stated was just like Microgestin. I had NO side effects while on Microgestin but this birth control has been a hot mess! I’ve been on it for maybe 2 months & didn’t really experience any issues. I stopped for about a month & recently started back & oh my word. I have been an emotional wreck! I bust out in tears for absolutely no reason. I feel very anxious at times. And I do not feel like myself AT ALL! I am a very happy go-lucky person but this has medication has completely changed my mood. I am stopping this IMMEDIATELY! I do not recommend this to anyone!"

B April 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I definitely do not recommend this pill. I was also on Microgestin prior to changing my insurance and then got put on this awful pill. This pill made my acne get so bad!! Wow it was never this bad with microgestin. I couldn’t figure out what was causing my acne to significantly get worse, I hadn’t changed anything and was actually on the whole 30 program so eating better than I had ever been before so nothing made sense! I realized the only thing I had changed was my pill and decided to do some research and read this pill actually has an ingredient that makes acne worse rather than help it! Ughhh! I got off it immediately and am hoping my skin goes back to normal. What a dreadful experience!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the worst birth control ever. I had been on Gildess for years. Pharmacy switched me to Junel, which I had been on for a year with no change from the Gildess. Pharmacy gave me Blisovi this time and I have been MISERABLE ever since. Terrible headaches, I can't even describe how bloated I am. I am probably 2 pants sizes larger in just a week of taking it. The worst part... I cannot have a bowel movement. I haven't had one since the day I started it and haven't had one in a week. Also have bad cramps on and off and spotting. The pharmacy agreed to reverse the claim with my insurance company and switch me back to Junel, but they have to order it. I will be stopping this pill until I can get Junel. I can't eat because I feel like I am 100% full of... you know what."

miserable (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL.. this pill did NOTHING but ruin my cycle for the time I was on it. I basically bled gross brown blood for two months . On top of that . I know that it takes time for birth control to self regulate , but my body could not handle the amount of stomach issues I had while on this pill. I could not leave the house because of constant diarrhea, the bloating and gas pains were absolutely horrible. My gyno and she said to stop the pill . However , THEY DID NOT STOP. It has been three months , and I am still experiencing symptoms. The gyno claimed that these pills could have triggered something else. I went to the gastroenterologist and he said that I have IBS and should get a colonoscopy to make sure no other issues are present. I have never had any stomach issues in my life prior to taking these pills. PLEASE do yourself a favor and opt for a higher rated birth control, especially if you already have IBS or other stomach issues."

Anonymous April 20, 2018

For Birth Control "My daughter was on Blisovi for irregular and heavy periods, just recently she started having shortness of breath and sharp pains in lower back and shoulders. We took her to the ER and found out she had several blood clots in her lungs after lengthy tests and MRI and CAT scans it was determined this pill caused this, she is healthy, a non smoker and no alcohol or drugs. This birth control was the only thing she ever took, her provider never told us this was a side effect please be aware of this pill. She will never go on another birth control pill again!"

Mama bear (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I already get occasional cystic acne, typically when I'm about to start my period. This pill made it so much worse. Since I started taking it my skin has been consistently erupting, my face is puffy and swollen, and on top of that I've been experiencing depressive symptoms. I already have anxiety and it's hard to say if it's the pill making it worse or if it's environmental circumstances, but I don't have an external cause for feeling as depressed as I have since I've started taking this pill. I've been on other birth control pills such as ortho tricyclen without any of these problems. I do not recommend this pill, and I am so disappointed with my experience taking it."

Sam (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking this around 8 months ago. After the switch from my first birth control to this I noticed minor pimples on my cheeks but I figure, hey, that's stress, whatever. Over the next few months I exercised, ate healthy regularly, and got enough sleep. I gained 10 pounds. I continue taking it. I start getting zits on my chin and under my nose, some cystic acne. Never broken out there before/ had cystic acne. In fact, my skin was flawless before I was on birth control and while I was on my first ever birth control. My acne on my chin gets worse. I speak to a skincare professional that tells me that breaking out on this area is due to hormonal imbalance. Today I have 2 cysts. Not cystic acne, 2 actual cysts on my chin along with over 10 other zits surrounding it because this medication made it worse and worse. I am in severe pain. My insurance company alerted me that I was having a severe medical reaction and to get off the medication as soon a possible."

LizaBK April 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm on continuous bc and my pharmacy switched me to this in mid-December after I had been on Microgestin for years. I've gained 15 lbs (I'm relatively active and had not changed my diet), have acne (I'm 49 and have never had an acne problem), I've had to deal with spotting off and on - sometimes almost two full weeks of heavy spotting - and some of the worse cramps I've ever had. This is the worst! I have a doctor's appointment this week and am hoping they'll change it. Otherwise I'll be stopping this pill immediately and just deal with having a regular irregular period!"

Sms (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2018

For Birth Control "Horrible, horrible, horrible!!! I've been on this pill for 4 weeks now. The worst 4 weeks of my life. Days after I started to take it there is is a zit party on my forehead ! I have had extreme anxiety at least 3 times a week. My mood swings are uncontrollable and sex drive is at an all time low. I would not recommend this pill to anyone. Going from microgestin to blisovi due to insurance not covering it is so not worth it. I'll pay for the pill rather then have these awful side effects."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2018

For Birth Control "Well I've been on birth control for a little over two years now (first Loestrin. Then Microgestin when I had to change insurance plans, then Junel, then Blisovi. I have been on this one for two months. For at least the last six months I have had no Libido which is sad because I am recently married. I come home from work and after dinner I am in bed ready to sleep at 7:30. I used to spend the evenings creating and being artsy in my art studio. Now I have no energy at all! Since starting Blisovi I have also broken out on my face immensely. Stopping this pill tomorrow to see if birth control is the culprit for my tiredness, lack of libido and acne."

Nomorepills (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2018