User Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

Learn more about Blisovi 24 Fe.

Birth Control 107 reviews 305 medications

2.9
Summary of Blisovi 24 Fe reviews 107 reviews 2.9

Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

For Birth Control "This is the worst birth control! I have been on it for about 2 and a half months and for the first month I had light bleeding/ spotting almost every day. I don't weigh myself very often so I'm not sure if I have gained weight, but my appetite has increased a ton and I am eating really unhealthily. I feel very tired in the mornings even when I wake up at 11AM or later and I feel very lazy and just want to lay around all day. This pill has greatly increased my anxiety which I have normally, and I am a lot more emotional (I cry at almost anything now!). I feel very irritable all the time, and the littlest things can set me off now (I am usually a calm person) I really hate this birth control and wish I had read reviews before I was put on it."

lulu7777777 July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking birth control for over two years now, a year ago I had to start taking Bliosvi Fe 1/20 because the BC I was on was discontinued. I went to the doctor for my yearly checkup and had gained 10 pounds in a year. I am always bloated. Probably 28 out of the 30/31 days of the month. I have never had problems with my weight and always weighed about 120 lbs. It wasn't until I started taking this that I had problems and I workout almost every day, never eat fast food and I've even cut out soda for six months now to see if I have a difference. But nope, I just keep gaining weight. Praying that the new BC I was given helps me get back to normal. I HATE this BC and I wish I would have read the reviews a lot sooner."

For birth control July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This pill is the WORST. I just started my third month and have so much stress and anxiety. The pill has helped with my periods but the toll it has put on my body is not worth it. I had started a new job around the time I was put on the pill & associated the stress to my job and school, I was WRONG. My face is always breaking out, except when I'm on my period (I'm assuming is because I'm on the placebo pill those 4 days). I'm waiting for my third month checkup to allow my body to adjust to the pill but I will come off this as soon as I meet with my Doctor. I was naive and didn't do any research on the pill. After reading these reviews, I regret not looking into it and saving myself this emotional distress."

YShi July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started this pill 2 months ago after being on Lo Lestrin Fe for a year because I switched insurance. Definitely noticed weight gain (10 lbs in 2 months!!!) And breaking out in my t-zone area. I've never had acne besides the occasional pimple during my period. Just figured out this was the culprit after reading these reviews and putting it together. I plan on making an appointment with my doctor to discuss another option."

Melissa95 June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am so glad I looked on this website!! I'm glad I am not alone. Like many others, my insurance / pharmacy switched me from Microgestin (on for 2 years with no issues), to Junel (on for 3 years with no issues) and now to Blisovi (I've been on it for 3 months). I gained 10 lb in the first month with Blisovi. I work out and eat healthy and have been the same size since I was 18 (I am 29), and the weight is not coming off! In addition, acne has been uncontrollable and unpredictable, I have been bleeding more days than not since I've been using this pill (feels more like 3 weeks on, one week off), and I've been getting headaches and jitters. Stay away if you can!!!"

nothappywithblisovi (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "So I started taking this BC when Gildess got discontinued. Up until that point I had absolutely no problems for the almost 2 years I was taking Gildess. After switching to Blisovi though, I've had slightly more cramping, tender breasts, and gained about 15 pounds. I've been the same weight for 5 years and all the sudden, I've gained all this weight. I'm just now connecting it to the BC after reading reviews of the same thing happening to others. My periods are very light, and last no more than 3 days. Overall, not happy with this BC."

Keilah June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Before starting on this medication, I was on Minastrin 24 Fe and Lomedia 24 Fe. I recently switched to Blisovi 24 Fe bc I was told Lomedia was on back order. Anyway, I've been on this medication for one month, and I was so scared I was going to experience the symptoms everyone else says on here. I did not have any breakouts while on Lomedia or Minastrin, and have had none with this medication. The week of my period I did have one day of anxiety and some dizziness and light spotting but that was only one day, and my doctor said that was normal. Overall I will continue will this if I can't go back on Lomedia."

KMS126 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Just started taking this 3 months ago after being taken or Norg- fe due to a few cases of spotting and 2 cases of 3 week long periods and lets just say I'd rather have the periods back again. I haven't had my period since I started Blisovi but every now and then I still get the killer cramps. It also caused me to gain about 5 pounds along with some severe acne or breakouts on my arms, shoulders, back, and even legs. Do not recommend at all."

Eggs1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've never taken birth control before and I was given this by my doctor because I have heavy bleeding and menstrual cramps. I only took this pill for 3 weeks and they have been the worst 3 weeks of my life. I've struggled with depression but this pill worsens my depression. I've had panic attacks and my anxiety is almost unbearable. I'm always nauseous and I'm unable to eat and as a result I've lost a ton of weight. As someone that's already very skinny this is not a good side affect. I went from being a pretty active, healthy individual to a depressed always tired and irritable mess. I've been off the pill for about a week and I'm still experiencing symptoms. Hopefully they will go away"

warning to everyone June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This birth control took some time for my body to adjust. I asked to be switched to a lower estrogen birth control because my previous birth control that I was on for over two years was making me feel more and more crazy the longer I was on it. It took a solid three months for my periods to regulate, but since then they're really light (almost don't even need to wear a tampon) and little to no cramps. My mood has significantly improved. The only downside is I gained 13 pounds the first three months of taking this birth control."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for about 3 months now after I was switched from Lomedia 24 fe. The first week was a little rough. I felt nauseous and bad headaches but that went away after a week. My period is 3 days, light cramping, and no noticeably different PMSing symptoms. I was actually really scared to switch to this pill based on these reviews but I am relieved to report that this pill reacts in the same way as my previous pill. My skin has actually gotten clearer as well! So far I am pleased with this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My daughter was put on this for heaving bleeding and to say her personality has changed from this is an understatement.. she is moody/ depressed and highly emotional.. she has stomach cramps and has had panic attacks.... so happy I found this website.. taking her off of it immediately!"

cavoli June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This was my first experience with birth control. I only lasted one week. I couldn't breathe, was weak and exhausted, and got really depressed. I do have a history of depression, though."

cccddd (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this for a little over a year. This was the first and only birth control I have used so far and I have had a gold experience. I was put on this to help with cramps that were too severe, they were causing me to vomit. Within the first 2 months of using this I started to feel a million times better during my period. Only recently have my cramps become more painful. I'm most likely going to be switched to something with a slightly higher dosage due to my cramps beginning to worsen, but this medication still helped me nonetheness. I do think that it has caused me to have headaches nearly every night though. The headaches are better than the crippling pain of cramps though."

mckaylab (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Blisovi 24 is the first and only birth control I've tried. I'm 3 months in and so far so good. I experienced severe nausea the first day, but it quickly subsided within 24 hours. I had to wait 2 months for my PMS symptoms to improve, but boy did it. No more cramps, bloating, or nausea. In terms of acne, I had a pretty bad flare up, particularly for the first month. Like "no space on my face that didn't have a pimple" kind flare up. By 3 months, my skin is back to baseline and has a healthy glow to it. I'm hopeful that it'll help clear up my acne overtime."

kaos248 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I love this pill! I started off on Microgestin for 3 months & never had an issue but my insurance switched me to Blisovi. Which I'm assuming is just a generic brand. Either way, I've been on Blisovi for about 3 months now. My periods went from 7-9 days, extremely heavy & EXTREMELY BAD cramps to the point where I'd have miss work because I wasn't able to stand. Now they're 3 medium/light flow days, with light cramps. The only side affect is tender breasts for like a week. Other than that, this pill works for me."

Ayana C (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I only took this pill for 5 days and it ranked up there to be the worst five days ever. I started taking this after 9 months of no birth control pill, but my periods and cramps were so bad I decided to go back on the pill. My doctor decided to switch brands because with the last pill I was on I had a lot of breakthrough bleeding. So I started Blisovi and within 24 hours I was moody, irrational and not feeling like myself. As the week continued I could not get control of my emotions, crying was constant and I began to feel very depressed. I called my doctor and she said to stop taking it immediately. Never again! I felt like I was possessed!"

Sunshine7917 May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on this birth control pill for 10-11 months. It caused me to have periods during week 2 of the pills, vaginal dryness!, a lot of hair loss & breakage, really bad embarrassing acne, weight gain, bloating, constant infections, PMS symptoms, etc. I kept going to my OBGYN thinking I had cancer or something was broken. She told me to keep taking them. No way. I quit taking them 2 weeks ago and I feel better already. I'm just afraid it might've done some fertility damage. Time to find a new obgyn and stay off of birth control pills because the side effects aren't worth it! Just will track my ovulation & avoid sex on those days. It's sad obgyns tell you to stay on pills with all these negative side effects, they don't truly care."

Just awful (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Absolute worst. Dizzy/nauseous for a month. Migraines...it was hard work . Finally realized it was those pills. After being off of them a week, I feel better."

Weatherduo May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This has been the worst BC I've been on, mood swings, cramps, terrible headaches, it is a total downer. I've really noticed that I've been less engaged in communication and tired. I've been on it for about 6 months, and it's 6 months too long."

Don't Take This Pill May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on every generic for Loestrin under the sun and NEVER experienced bad side effects. Since I never had issues with other generics it took me a while to figure out that this birth control was causing my issues. I got a bad yeast infection after taking this and became sensitive to getting yeast infections (despite that I never had one in my life before this). I also struggled with acne in the "hormonal" region on my chin line and cheek area. Nothing would help the acne. I haven't encountered acne since my teens and had forgotten how awful and embarrassing it is. I switched back to Microgestin after talking to my GYN and realizing Blisovi was the culprit and my skin is already clearing up. Avoid taking this if you can."

Lindsay H (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My pharmscist auto refilled to this generic version. I was spotting in between periods and an emotional mess. This is one of the worst bcp's!"

Trinity1002 May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have PCOS I thought I was the only one experiencing issues with this pill. Since Lomedia was discontinued I've been using this and it's absolutely horrible. The first 2 months I used it , it was great. My PCOS is very difficult to deal with seeing how I'm always on my menstrual and w/o birth control it will not stop , so technically I rely on this for regularity in my life but its been causing havoc. My menstrual comes every other week , I'm always bloated , my mood swings are unbearable that my friendships and relationships are being affected by it my work performance is horrible as well seeing how I'm always tired and irritable and my sex life, forget about it. I get turned off when with just a touch on my wrist , this PILL is a NO"

Lisa Landry (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my 3rd month on BC but recently was switched to blistovi and am in the 3rd week of my first pack. I've started experiencing spotting today, which lead me to this website. I am terrified of everyone's own experiences and even only being 3 weeks in I can relate a lot! Before I started I was a very active person who loved going to the gym and working out, but lately I have not had the energy or enthusiasm to get up and go. I've found myself sleeping a lot during the day and feeling exhausted even after 10+ hours of sleep. I really didn't think anything of it but now it makes total sense! I just picked up my next months pack but I'm immediately calling my doctor to change to a new one!"

Harper123. April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Before taking Blisovi 24 Fe, I had taken Lo Loestrin Fe for 3 years and loved it! My insurance company stopped covering Lo Loestrin Fe so I switched to Blisovi 24 Fe. So far this pill has done everything I went on the pill to avoid! I have awful cramps, heavy bleeding, sore breasts, acne, mood swings, etc. I have given my body the suggested amount of time to adjust and my symptoms still have not improved. My experience with this birth control was awful and I am just waiting for my appeal to go through so I can get back on Lo Loestrin Fe again."

Kay521 April 19, 2017