User Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

Birth Control
3.1

Summary of Blisovi 24 Fe reviews 3.1 202 reviews

Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

For Birth Control "I used to take Lo Loestrin but switched to Blisovi about 2 years ago because my insurance stopped covering LoLo. As far as preventing pregnancy, this pill has worked great, but everything else about it is terrible. I have persistent acne on my chin (including bad cysts), but worst of all is my anxiety has been through the roof since I started taking this brand. I'm constantly anxious, irritable, tired, depressed... I never in a million years experienced moods like this. It's affecting my relationship and my mental health overall has completely gone down the drain. I've set up an appointment with my OGBYN to see if I can get off this stuff ASAP."

dw (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 11, 2018

For Birth Control "Took this pill for about 6 and half weeks. I started taking it for heavy periods. It totally cured that problem in the first month...hardly had a period at all. HOWEVER, I progressively began to experience more and more anxiety. It culminated on a vacation and I thought that I would have to return home. My heart was racing and I felt like I was experiencing huge releases of adrenaline -- like when you're startled. The feeling would come in go in severity multiple times a day out of the blue. It became so unbearable that I called the doctor's office while I was on vacation. The nurse advised me to stop taking the medication that day and suggested that it may have altered my thyroid levels. It took two days for me to feel half way normal again. Now, a week later, I feel much, much better. While the effect of the pill on my period was amazing, it is simply not worth the side effects for me."

Kris (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on a few different pills over the last 25 years. This is the first pill I have asked to change. I gave it three months like the doctor said after switching from the mini pill (nursing prior to this). The first two months I had my period for two weeks at different points in the months. My face had acne everywhere, just in time for a formal family affair. And I have begun getting migraine headaches. Today I finally called and asked to switch because I have had my period for two weeks and it isn’t stopping. The doctor switched me and now I have to go for a pelvic sono to see what in the world is going on. Had no problems prior to going on this medicine. I do not recommend this pill."

RB (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I started Blisovi a little over a year ago. It was the first BC I had tried and so far the only bad side effects I've noticed are weight gain, which was minimal to begin with, and increased headaches. I was previously experiencing depression and anxiety and I have not noticed an increase to that. Honestly, it's not a bad medication for it's intended purpose. It has definitely helped with preventing pregnancy and stabilizing my periods. I read a lot of the bad reviews and I think the problems are just specific to the individual people."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on Blisovi for almost 4 months now. I have tried probably at least 5 different birth controls (within the last 10 years) so I am very aware of side effects that come with each one. I was scared to switch from junel because I loved it and it gave me no side effects, BUT my periods have always been 8-10 days long. Not full blown, but they take forever to finish. My doctor recommended we try this one. I don't think this BC is bad, but I did have a full 2 1/2 weeks where I was full blown bleeding (not my period and not spotting) which was annoying and I started to realize I have gained a lot of weight. Probably at least 10 pounds which sucks because I have been working so hard to keep the weight I had lost off. I think it is impossible to get the extra weight off while I am on this one so I will be switching to a new one. Other than those two side effects, I did not experience anything crazy like I did with Microgestin (WORST BC EVER-MADE ME CRAZY DEPRESSED AND SUICIDAL)."

JF (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2018

For Birth Control "Been on this birth control for the last 6 months, and it has affected my life for the worse. I was okay the first two months (in fact, my boyfriend even checked in with me to see if I was having any bad effects, and I was consciously aware that I was not). But then it hit. and it hit BAD. Weight gain of 5 pounds in 2 months, despite daily exercise and healthy eating habits. Mood swings like no other - I found myself crying at work, in the car, before I went to bed. All the time. I thought something was wrong with me. And then I got awful back pain after 3 months in - so much that I even bought a new mattress thinking that was the problem. This pill has caused NOTHING but problems. Do not recommend; if your doctor prescribes it because it's covered by insurance, ASK FOR SOMETHING ELSE."

pcosgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2018

For Birth Control "Works great, I've had no negative side effects."

Emily (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I read so many negative reviews about this Birth Control and I was terrified to start it as a result. The first month was pretty hard. The side effects varied by day. I started feeling them after 5 days of starting and I became a bit depressed for 2 or 3 days after that. I had a bit of depressive fluctuations (like one hour intervals) for about a week afterwards and then they stopped completely. After that, I had a bit of a grace period before experiencing unexplainable anxiety. That lasted for about a week and I was EXTREMELY tempted to stop this medication at this point. A lot of my friends/family had told me to finish the first month's worth and then decide. I am very glad that I decided to stick it out. Every one of my side effects went away right at the end of my first month. My periods are so much better (lighter, easier). Yes, the first month is very hard. However, the side effects are temporary. It does just come down to how long your body takes to adjust."

bostongal October 24, 2018

For Birth Control "It caused extreme anxiety and depression . Once was off of it for just one week felt extreme relief . Totally alters lifestyle . Hardley got periods but did spot ."

Nikki October 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for a little over a month now. I've gain 13 pounds since I started with this pill. Which is a whole lot for only a little over a month of use. Truth be told I love the weight gain. Couldn't be more happier with my weight. Other then that I don't have any other side effects. I see many are talking about the weight gain because its real. So if your not expecting to pack on some extra pounds this isn't for you."

Sheda (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2018

For Birth Control "My experience was terrible, the first 3 months were the worst.. nose bleeds with blood clots, vomiting, constant terrible nausea... couldn’t sleep because of all of the above and waves of heat. I figured it was just me and was to be expected from the “adjusting period” as this was my first time on BC. But it continued for months, the nosebleeds ended & so did the vomiting, but the terrible nausea stayed and so did the heat waves. It did start to regulate my period for a few months, but after a few I started to get terrible cramps again, and two periods in each month. They are now even more irregular than before I began BC. I only learned today that other people have had terrible experiences with this too, I figured it was just me. I would DEFINITELY not recommend this pill."

Anna (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking this pill a month ago to prevent pregnancy. I normally take breaks from BC pills bcuz I have random physical side effects. My go to BC pill has always been microgestin and it has always worked just fine other than the normal weight gain side effect. My friends and family noticed a significant change in my behavior. My thoughts are erratic but my mood is consistently low. I overthink everything and cannot sleep which leaves me fatigued all day. I’ve been working out and stay fit and healthy but yet I’m gaining weight despite the hours in the gym. My mind and body need a break!!! I do not recommend this pill. I was doing so good before I started this BC. Worst month ever and I’m not starting a new pack."

Momof7 October 6, 2018

For Birth Control "So after being on this pill for a year and a half I see all of these horrible comments about it but honestly I think it’s amazing, acne was gone periods were lighter and less painful (mind you I had severe cramps that made it impossible to move, I’m sure lots of females know exactly what I mean) and it fixed all of these problems for me."

Elizabeth October 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this pill for a while now, my pharmacy switched me from Junel fe and I genuinely thought everything happening to me was my own fault and that something was wrong with me. I started taking birth control for ovarian cysts and mild endometriosis. After doing tons of research I’ve been finding that the crazy amount of hair loss, weight gain (I went from 120 to 130 in a short period) and cystic acne on my jawline and back is all from this pill. I’ve been so down and out from the way this pill has made me look and feel. Not to mention the back pain, anxiety, depression, low libido, and general lack of interest in my normal hobbies. I’m quitting immediately."

Morg22 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 26, 2018

"The only reason that I gave it a 1 is because you can not give it a 0. I do not recommend this BC. After 3 days of taking the medication I experienced cramping and increased in body temperature. It resolved a week in. However, I gained a total of 15 lbs over a two month span due to this medication. I run 3 miles every day and do a total body workout 3x a week, and my weight still increased and not matter what workout I did, it would not go away. In addition, I experienced high anxiety and depressed mood to the point that my family started to notice and expressed concerns. I thought that maybe it was due to a high level of stress in my work life; however, I am a normally healthy and happy 24 year old and something was not right. Also, my breasts became so tender to the point that it hurt to sleep on my side and I experienced hot flashes throughout the day and at night. This medicine is TERRIBLE, and DO NOT TAKE IT."

J September 23, 2018

For Birth Control "DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL. It's horrible & I got bad side effects from it. Lots of rapid weight gain after about a month of using it. I gained 10 pounds in one month & I have lost my appetite. I also had lethargy & I'm always tired. I also missed my period altogether last month & I am stressed out about potential pregnancy. Do yourself a favor & avoid this pill altogether."

Mary (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

For Birth Control "This stuff is the worst. I have ovarian cysts so this is what my gyno recommended. I have been on it for 8 months or so and had spotting between periods for several months and now I haven’t had a period in 3 months.. sounds great right? Not so much. I am constantly bloated and uncomfortable.. my depression, insomnia, and anxiety are worse than ever, as well as my acne. I wouldn’t recommend this to my worst enemy."

Tiffanyforever (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I was switched to this medication because every year I tend to "outgrow" a medication and get non-stop periods. But this one was by far the worst out of the 10 I've ever been on over the past 10 years. I got acne so severe that I had to go on Accutane and at age 28, that's really embarrassing and my face is still covered in scars. I never had acne before this medication. Also, the cramping all month never went away, constant spotting, etc. Mood swings, bloating, crazy weight gain. And anxiety and migraines like you couldn't believe. I wouldn't give this medication to my worst enemy."

Bree (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

For Birth Control "DON’T DO IT. I read the reviews here and I thought well everybody is different so I started taking it. I started spotting a week into it and cramping. Not only that but I went CRAZY. I was mad all the time, for no reason and I would snap for everything. I started randomly getting sad to the point that I was depressed. I wasn’t myself. Don’t do it. Don’t be like me a month later regretting not listening to these reviews."

TH (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I have a very mild case of PCOS so my gyno was practically begging me to begin a birth control. That being said, I have always had very negative experiences with birth control pills and hadn’t used one in years because of that. But I thought, maybe my body has changed. STICK WITH YOUR INSTINCTS PEOPLE! I Immediately began the consistent spotting, cramping, had painful gas and bloating and my breasts were so swollen they felt like I was breastfeeding. The acne began around week 3 what seemed completely out of nowhere and I was covered in it. I didn’t suffer insomnia but the moodiness and sensitivity definitely increased as well a vaginal dryness (I am 23 and NEVER had that problem before). After the acne began I couldn’t take it anymore, it didn’t seem worth it to put my body through it. I stopped taking the pill almost through an entire pack, and I woke up in the middle of the night after 2 days of stopping it, bleeding so much. What is this pill?!?!"

mariebri September 11, 2018

For Birth Control "To start off, I have been on this birth control for a little over a year. I have felt absolutely amazing on it until recently a few months back, I started having incredible anxiety, heart palpitations and lack of motivation, etc. Out of nowhere. Even to this day, I still feel like I'm in a constant state of panic and worry. I mean, to the point where it has affected literally everything in my daily life. I have always had anxiety, but NEVER like this. I also have Hashimoto's and I thought maybe it was my thyroid medication that had caused me to feel this way. Test after test, and more blood work but nothing showed up. I have been so caught up thinking about my thyroid medication, that I completely forgot about it potentially being my BC. After reading the reviews, I realized that this may be the case. I had visited my Ob-gyne prior to reading these reviews and my plan is to take a "pill holiday" off of birth control pills for 2-3 months then see how I feel. Hope this helps!"

1998amanda August 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Mylan prior to this and I had nothing but actual positive side effect (weird huh?) anyways out of the blue I go and pick up my prescription to find out it was switched to Blisovi™ 24 Fe & at first everything was fine .. until like a month after where I noticed I had really bad fatigue, then came the hair loss, then towards the end started breaking out ... To the point where I couldn’t take it anymore, I would wake up tired and stay tired all day long and not to mention the horrible feeling on constantly shedding clumps of hair. Please do not take this ladies!"

Lmgm (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I was skeptical because of all of the negative side effects but I have not experienced any . This is the best birth control I’ve tried thus far. It stopped the abnormal spotting and heavy/painful periods. It doesn’t make me overly emotional or moody."

Brittany W (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill was very effective for me but there were positives and negatives with taking it. The pros were that I hadn’t gained any weight, no nausea, no headaches, and my acne cleared up right away. The cons were that I had a full period for the second week of pills plus 3 days when I should’ve had it. I would cramp a lot as well. It was also causing me to have insomnia most nights. After I continued bleeding for those weeks I stopped taking it but other than that i had no major side effects."

Gia3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I was just prescribed this birth control yesterday and took the pill last night. I woke up this morning at 3 am throwing up and continued to for hours on end. I have changed my prescription already and won't be using this one anymore."

Audrey (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2018