User Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Blisovi 24 Fe.

Birth Control

Summary of Blisovi 24 Fe reviews 3.0 127 reviews

Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

For Birth Control "I switched from a tri phasic pill to Blisovi, and I have been very pleased. I have not experienced any negative side effects such as spotting or weight gain. My period came on the third day of the placebo pill and lasted less then 3 days. My best advice is that everyone is different. I was very discouraged when I read some of these reviews, but it all turned out okay!"

Jmarizzle November 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "After being off of BC for 19 years , I decided I was tired of my horrible PMS symptoms and asked my Dr. to give me BC so I could skip my periods. The last BC I was on was Seasonale, 1 period every 3 months. It was awesome. Since I've started this pill I have experienced anxiety attacks, and constantly feeling sad, not me at all! The worse part of it is the bleeding, I have skipped my period for the last 7 months but that hasn't stopped the bleeding. I have been bleeding for 2 weeks now. Since I've started this pill I probably have had 2 days of not spotting. I bled for 17 days at first. This sucks!"

Beachbabe772 November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I got prescribed this medication because previously I was on trinessa which was giving me week long periods. The plus side of this medication is that I have 2 day periods, none at all, or just some spotting. So thank goodness for that. However, I have only been on it for a few months. The negative side is that it has caused so much acne. I never have had issues with acne, maybe a pimple here and there. I use epiduo every night which I have been prescribed for 7 years, but that doesn't even help. I have acne on my cheeks, big red pimples on my forehead, some of my chin... it's ridiculous. Decided to call my GYN and am getting switched to mononessa. Hopefully I still have very short/no periods but my acne will also clear up!!"

Shreyaaa October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Well this birth control hasn't worked well for me considering I'm pregnant. I was taking it at the same time of day EVERY day without missing any. No antibiotics or anything to interfere. I also experienced spotting for many months before it failed and I have never spotted before. My advice is if you think your birth control isn't working well talk to your doctor and get on something else."

Momma#2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Okay I used to be on Lomedia, then I was put Minestrin for some reason a few years ago, then for some UNKNOWN reason they stopped making that so I was forced to accept blisovi. Honestly I think I hate this pill more than Trump. I was fine with it for the first few couple of months (all you "nice" reviewers need to wait a few months to really know what you're dealing with), I barely got my period AT ALL and sometimes not at all which was nice but also scary at first bc that has never happened. I have been on BC for over 10 yrs now and this is the worst BY FAR. I thought I was just getting older, but I have gained weight (10-15lbs) way faster than I ever have in the past and its hard to get off. My moods are terrible and I spot now"

Cat220 October 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Love this medication, have had absolutely no bad side effects with it. Actually lost weight and have less acne. Minimal cramping, and very light periods. Just shows how it is different for everyone!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control pill for the last 6 months and I am completely miserable. It was originally prescribed as a generic for Loloestrin, but that simply cannot be the case. I have been chronically bloated, emotional, spotting, on top of which I am also experiencing a regular to heavy period. When I was on Lolo I had no negative side effects and it effectively minimized my monthly period. Ultimately, I feel really misinformed by the PA who prescribed this as a generic."

Alice31 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for a month and a half after my pharmacy gave it to me, I called to say you gave me the wrong pill (Junel Fe 24 is what I was on) and they said the manufacturer changed but this is the SAME birth control. It's manufactured in India. In a month and a half, I have gained 7-8 pounds. I am very athletic, I eat a plant based diet, I work out, I sit as a job but that hasn't made me gain weight like this. I amannoyed. I worked for 9 months to lose 30 pounds, now I am gaining weight for no reason, crying all the time for no reason, self doubting myself and my poor boyfriends love for me, AND BREAKING OUT which is why I got on birth control in the first place."

beauxrod (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I use to use Ortho Evra which is a patch and that worked great besides leaving a sticky residue on my skin. I then switched to Blisovi for insurance reasons. Big mistake. The second day on it about 30 minutes after taking it I was extremely nauseous. I had to leave work and vomited violently once I got home and slept until evening. Since then the nausea comes and goes and its a terrible feeling. It also made me tired and lazy along with a spike in my anxiety. I literally had an anxiety attack just trying to drive home. I haven't noticed a weight gain yet but I feel bloaty and gross. I do not recommend this birth control."

# BadBirthControl September 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this medication for about a year. Previously, was on BeYaz and Yaz (both of which have terrible reviews but personally I loved both). The Blisovi is free with my insurance and is why I switched. I am in the same boat with everyone else that has been taken this...not happy. I've experienced weight gain, tender boobs and, a supper spotty period. No tampon needed but maybe a lite one every now and again. I just can't stand not know if I'm going to spot and having to wear panty-liners everyday is really annoying. Long story short I am stuck with this until I have new insurance or cough up a fee every month for Yaz again. Good Luck Ladies"

JMarieK August 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was in Lomedia 24 FE, loved it! Well for some unknown reason you can find it anymore and no one knows why! The Dr knows nothing about it being discontinued, the pharmacy just says "our manufacturer can't get it, but we don't know why". Google has no answers, and I thought google knew on EVERYTHING! They switch my prescription to this Blisovi 24 fe, it sucks! Gained weight, that won't come off but worse than that - I spot ALL the time, I may have two periods a month. I never know what to expect each day! I've been on it for a year now, and have had 2 normal periods. The rest are heavy, last longer than it should, stop one day and then begin again a week later - I HATE IT!!! Bring Lomedia 24 fe back - PLEASE!!!!"

AP1 August 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "SO happy I read these reviews! I was switched onto Blisovi after my beloved Gildess went out of production. Within the first few months, I noticed a massive weight gain (15-20 pounds) that has been IMPOSSIBLE to get off with diet & exercise. My anxiety has been thru the roof, I bloat the second I so much as look at salt, sleep is on & off, my breasts can get EXTREMELY tender & I no longer get my period at all but experience GOD AWFUL cramping & random spotting. I also have a thyroid condition (borderline Hashimoto's) & this has mucked up my head and my mood/depression like crazy. Some days, it's impossible to get out of bed & my energy is GONE by 2pm. I'm in my first year of marriage & I've been a miserable fat wench thanks to Blisovi."

MJ23 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "When I was 18 I got put on Lomedia 24, but after a year on it I noticed I had a constant tired feeling. My doctor then switched me to Blisovi 24, which I've been on for over 2 years. I did notice some weight gain, but it was minimal and I (luckily) was able to get it off. I loved this brand, never had any spotting and my periods were always very light and short, and I never had any babies. The only real downfall was the week before my period, without fail, I would have really bad anxiety and be extremely emotional - way more than I normally was on Lomedia. Other than that, I would highly recommend Blisovi 24."

SaraGC (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was prescribed this pill by my gynecologist, and it's free with my insurance. Prior to taking it, I had visited this website and read the reviews on it, and I was TERRIFIED. I was so nervous to start the pill, but I knew that everyone's body is different so I just had to try it, and EVERYTHING IS FINE. I only had the mild side effects that are generally anticipated on any brand- slight nausea for the first few days and some discharge for a little more than the first week, and currently breast tenderness. I just finished the second week of my pack, so I can't say that I know I'm adjusted yet, but for anyone who is nervous like I was- don't be afraid to try it, you can always change it!"

Brianna541554 August 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I previously used Nuvaring, which I loved, but had to stop taking. After 5 months of no birth control, I started using Blisovi. I bled for 3 weeks solid, then had 2 periods/month for the 1st 3 months. Just started my 6th month, & only have one very light period/month (don't need to use tampons). But I am going off of this, as my hormones get worse the longer I'm on it. I have still been experiencing PMS symptoms 2x/month, even if no bleeding mid-cycle. During my last cycle I was completely crazy, + also started having daily headaches. I'm now in week two of the pack, on the verge of tears 24/7, crying over nothing, picking fights with my lovely bf. I'm NOT myself. Also made me gain noticeable weight - boobs got bigger but so did other areas"

kbbacon August 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This birth control is good. Allthough when I began it, it made me want to vomit when I saw unhealthy foods for like 3 months. Other than that it has shortened my periods to 2 days long and it also made them a lot lighter. It made my boobs bigger than they were which is good because they were small. Other than that there were no bad side effects and I think it did its job well, I'm just forgetful and I forgot to take it a lot which led to spotting. But that was my own fault."

Morgiosoo (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is awful! Never felt this bad! Bloating, mood swings, boobs hurt, feel fat all the time and I don't know how long I'm gonna have my period! I don't think it's gonna ever end and sex is completely out of the question! I feel like a crazy person! Mad at the world and can't stand myself! I'm only on my first week second month in!"

SillyJilly July 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have taken 2 other kinds of birth control besides this, and this one has been my favorite. I was afraid I would have bad side affects like everyone else, but I had none! I really enjoy it because my face is pretty clear, I have lost some weight, and my insurance covers it. I also get it sent to me in the mail every 3 months. :)"

doodoodoodoo July 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "As a teen I never had acne or cramps, and once I became sexually active I started taking a different birth control for obvious reasons. After 2 years with no problems, I went off it because I started getting acne. It was only after I stopped taking it that my skin became TERRIBLE. I'm talking a full chinstrap of god awful acne for months. I then went on Lomedia/Blisovi and it slowly but surely cleared my skin up. However, Lomedia/Blisovi completely stopped my periods. Won't complain about that, but it did result in very heavy, thick, constant discharge. I think it also affected my mood. Not sure if it was life or the pill but I became anxious, moody, and depressed. Never gained weight/had cramps but I'm scared to go off it for acne's sake"

Samoans akajsb July 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Gained about 10 pounds taking this birth control, and I have never gained weight in my life. It helped with my periods which is why I switched to it but made me break out more. Also I took one pill about six hours too late and got pregnant. Do not recommend"

Anonymous July 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is the worst birth control! I have been on it for about 2 and a half months and for the first month I had light bleeding/ spotting almost every day. I don't weigh myself very often so I'm not sure if I have gained weight, but my appetite has increased a ton and I am eating really unhealthily. I feel very tired in the mornings even when I wake up at 11AM or later and I feel very lazy and just want to lay around all day. This pill has greatly increased my anxiety which I have normally, and I am a lot more emotional (I cry at almost anything now!). I feel very irritable all the time, and the littlest things can set me off now (I am usually a calm person) I really hate this birth control and wish I had read reviews before I was put on it."

lulu7777777 July 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been taking birth control for over two years now, a year ago I had to start taking Bliosvi Fe 1/20 because the BC I was on was discontinued. I went to the doctor for my yearly checkup and had gained 10 pounds in a year. I am always bloated. Probably 28 out of the 30/31 days of the month. I have never had problems with my weight and always weighed about 120 lbs. It wasn't until I started taking this that I had problems and I workout almost every day, never eat fast food and I've even cut out soda for six months now to see if I have a difference. But nope, I just keep gaining weight. Praying that the new BC I was given helps me get back to normal. I HATE this BC and I wish I would have read the reviews a lot sooner."

For birth control July 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This pill is the WORST. I just started my third month and have so much stress and anxiety. The pill has helped with my periods but the toll it has put on my body is not worth it. I had started a new job around the time I was put on the pill & associated the stress to my job and school, I was WRONG. My face is always breaking out, except when I'm on my period (I'm assuming is because I'm on the placebo pill those 4 days). I'm waiting for my third month checkup to allow my body to adjust to the pill but I will come off this as soon as I meet with my Doctor. I was naive and didn't do any research on the pill. After reading these reviews, I regret not looking into it and saving myself this emotional distress."

YShi July 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started this pill 2 months ago after being on Lo Lestrin Fe for a year because I switched insurance. Definitely noticed weight gain (10 lbs in 2 months!!!) And breaking out in my t-zone area. I've never had acne besides the occasional pimple during my period. Just figured out this was the culprit after reading these reviews and putting it together. I plan on making an appointment with my doctor to discuss another option."

Melissa95 June 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am so glad I looked on this website!! I'm glad I am not alone. Like many others, my insurance / pharmacy switched me from Microgestin (on for 2 years with no issues), to Junel (on for 3 years with no issues) and now to Blisovi (I've been on it for 3 months). I gained 10 lb in the first month with Blisovi. I work out and eat healthy and have been the same size since I was 18 (I am 29), and the weight is not coming off! In addition, acne has been uncontrollable and unpredictable, I have been bleeding more days than not since I've been using this pill (feels more like 3 weeks on, one week off), and I've been getting headaches and jitters. Stay away if you can!!!"

nothappywithblisovi (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017