User Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Blisovi 24 Fe.

Birth Control
3.1

Summary of Blisovi 24 Fe reviews 3.1 147 reviews

Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

For Birth Control "This birth control is the absolute WORST!! I got this prescription for my irregular periods and it’s made it WORSE. I have history with depression and it completely triggered it again. I would wake up crying and picking fights with my boyfriend all the time. Not only that, but my sex drive IS GONE. Me and my bf haven’t had sex in almost TWO MONTHS because 1) my libido is at an all time LOW 2) my self esteem is at 0 3) I feel tired all the time. Do not take this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I was originally on a different prescription until I was told my insurance doesn’t cover it and switched to this per the pharmacy. This birth control is horrible and honestly after many reviews I’ve read I’m not sure how this is on the market. My cycle is completely off schedule, bloating, nausea, mood swings, headaches, hot flashes. I would never recommend this, this product is a nightmare!"

JAJAjajaja February 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking this birth control in mid December, (so it’s been about 2 months since I’ve been on it), in the first month I experienced severe anxiety (and had my first anxiety attack). In month 2 I’ve notice my acne has gotten a bit worse but it’s still manageable so I’m not fully complaining about that. My periods used to be 8 days long of constant heavy flow, and now they’re 2-4 days of light. So I think it’s a good brand for when you want a light period, just sucks when your bf thinks your psycho some days haha"

18yr/old (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this BC for a little less than a month and I absolutely HATE it! I have gained 6 pounds for no reason, I have been spotting the entire time, I have broken out (I never get acne usually), and I am super irritable. I don’t recommend this BC at all, I will be requesting to change ASAP"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on a different birth control but switched because I didn't like how bloated I felt. I have been on this pill for about a year and just recently started tying two and two together. I've never really had bad acne in my life and this pill has caused me to have severe breakouts around my chin and mouth, and I'm talking like several huge whiteheads at once. I am always bloated and eat a plant based diet. I'm going off this pill starting today. I'd rather just not have sex and avoid getting pregnant that way if its going to make my skin this bad and make me hate my self image."

mollymollygirl February 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I know birth controls affect everyone very differently, so I can only share my personal experiences with Blisovi 24 Fe :) This is the only birth control prescription I've used so far and I've had zero negative side effects! My periods are a lot shorter and significantly lighter than they used to be before birth control. I haven't had any breakouts, mood swings or depression on this prescription. I've loved it so far! Truly. Unfortunately, my new health insurance doesn't cover 24 Fe, so I'm going to switch to Blisovi Fe 1/20 in its place and I'm hoping for similar results."

melizza7 January 30, 2018

For Birth Control "Hi I literally just started taking this birth control pills yesterday despite the negative reviews I have seen I still decided to take it... So far so good, the only side effect I am experiencing is headaches but I heard that is your body getting adjusted to it... I started taking it the Sunday after my period started... I would not be on this pill for that long just for a few months..."

charlene 1304 January 29, 2018

For Birth Control "extreme nausea all the time and vomiting :( so bad I actually thought I was pregnant lol.... looked up the side effects and realized this was the cause. The better brands like loestrin fe 24 are gone.... why?????????"

Anonymous January 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for about 7 months. I started getting terrible forehead acne (which I've NEVER had before), 20 pound weight gain (as someone who exercises 5x a week and hasn't had sugar in years), back pain, and anxiety. I had no anxiety before and have now had 4 terrible anxiety attacks on this pill. I didn't realize all these symptoms were because of the pill but starting yesterday I stopped the pill. I would not recommend this to anyone."

Anonymous January 19, 2018

For Birth Control "AWFUL! Took Microgestin for years. Pharmacy gave me this Blisovi bc they were out of microgestin and assured me this was "the same thing". No way! Took it for 6 weeks - cramps, spotting, nauseous, headaches, gained 5lbs (and I hardly ate bc I had no appetite!), broke out all over my chin/neck area, had my period for 10 days! Ugh. Never again."

xtamac January 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for two months and they were the worst two months of my life. I started feeling extremely bad about myself and depressed and moody. I became irritable and upset over the smallest things. I was eating less and less food and still gaining weight from it. I would not recommend taking this birth control."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2018

For Birth Control "This is literally the worst birth control I've ever been on. What a nightmare. Just like other users, my insurance stopped covering Minastrin, which I was on for 9 years and worked wonderfully. I just don't believe this is the generic version. I haven't had a period in 5 months, gained 10 pounds, and libido is low. I have never written a review online, but feel so strongly about what an awful experience I've had that I hope others learn from it."

MegMcD January 10, 2018

For Birth Control "Started this pill after I was done breastfeeding my youngest. Haven’t had a period since!! It’s been almost a year of not having a period and that is something I’ve always wanted! There have been a few minor mood swings but nothing I couldn’t control, which could’ve been other stress in my life anyway."

SH7982 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I have to say I was a little hesitant to take this pill because of the reviews. I've never taken birth control before and needed to for my fibroids. I was actually prescribed another pill but they no longer make it so I was given Blisovi. After reading the reviews I noticed the side effects that many women were experiencing on the pill were the symptoms I was experiencing regularly with my fibroids. Once I took the pill everything balanced out and I felt like a sane person again. I love this pill and I haven't had any issues with it. I've been taking this pill since September and it is now late December."

Jakiya (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2017

For Birth Control "I was perscribed Blisovi 24 FE for my first usage of birth control pills ever. After reading so many of the negative reviews on here, I was extremely nervous and skeptical about starting the pill. But after three months I'm happy to report I have not had one negative symptom. My period is four days and extremely light and have little to no cramping. I have not gained any weight, seen an increase in acne, or felt any anxiety or depression as a result of the pill. The only change I am able to report is my boobs have grown and have been slightly tender as a result, but cannot complain. I am overall extremely pleased with this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2017

For Birth Control "My daughter is 15 and has very heavy periods. Her doctor recommended this pill to help. It has been a complete nightmare! And it's only been 6 wks. She has had some GI issues in the past, so we thought the issues were due to that. However, within the first month (close to her period) she was in severe pain: lower abdominal with back, shoulder, leg pains with tingling, headaches, dizziness, vomiting, 4lb weight gain (and she's very active), bloated, loss of appetite, acne around her mouth and chin and then all of a sudden the extreme depression and anxiety. Due to her previous issues we didn't equate it to the pill. We've been to hospitals, specialists and not once did anyone say anything about the birth control she was on. After reading the reviews of Blisovi it all made sense. We are taking her off of this starting today. This is a very dangerous drug!"

teephd (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2017

For Birth Control "This med made my boobs grow and I had awful cramps. Might as well have not even been on anything. Didn’t help, I was in horrible pain."

Nicole7226 December 13, 2017

For Birth Control "I took this for a little over a year before stopping it. I was on Minastrin (insurance stopped covering). Got switched to Gildess & was fine until they discontinued it. Then came this horrible monster. The pharmacy ensured me it was the same thing, but I didn't feel this awful on the other 2. For months I wondered why my mood was so awful. I would snap at everything & I would cry for no reason. I started feeling horribly depressed. The one way this pill prevented me from getting pregnant was by completely killing my libido. I started taking it to get my hormonal acne under control, but I think I'd rather deal with the acne than these side effects."

Disappointed & Crazy (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 29, 2017

For Birth Control "I do not recommend this AT ALL! I switched off of Kelnor to Blisovi because I was having long, heavy periods. I would gladly take the periods back over this. Now I have horrible acne on my shoulders, back and chin (which I've never had), constant breast pain, occasional random cramping, I bled the entire first month and I NEVER have any energy! In the months prior to Blisovi, I had worked so hard to lose around 10-12 lbs... 6 weeks into Blisovi and I've gained 8 lbs of it back. I never wake up feeling like myself. I would definitely recommend Kelnor or Gildess over this one."

KS94 November 24, 2017

For Birth Control "Started this one 3 months ago when my insurance stopped covering minastrin I believe was the name of it. Anyway , I haven't had my period since!! I get slightly hormonal with mood swings and depression. Best thing is I was on a different pill before this one which caused me to have my period 2x a month! This is crazy! I have a horrible breakout of pimples now too. Going to switch to something else ASAP!"

Heidi7410 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2017

For Birth Control "I switched from a tri phasic pill to Blisovi, and I have been very pleased. I have not experienced any negative side effects such as spotting or weight gain. My period came on the third day of the placebo pill and lasted less then 3 days. My best advice is that everyone is different. I was very discouraged when I read some of these reviews, but it all turned out okay!"

Jmarizzle November 6, 2017

For Birth Control "After being off of BC for 19 years , I decided I was tired of my horrible PMS symptoms and asked my Dr. to give me BC so I could skip my periods. The last BC I was on was Seasonale, 1 period every 3 months. It was awesome. Since I've started this pill I have experienced anxiety attacks, and constantly feeling sad, not me at all! The worse part of it is the bleeding, I have skipped my period for the last 7 months but that hasn't stopped the bleeding. I have been bleeding for 2 weeks now. Since I've started this pill I probably have had 2 days of not spotting. I bled for 17 days at first. This sucks!"

Beachbabe772 November 4, 2017

For Birth Control "I got prescribed this medication because previously I was on trinessa which was giving me week long periods. The plus side of this medication is that I have 2 day periods, none at all, or just some spotting. So thank goodness for that. However, I have only been on it for a few months. The negative side is that it has caused so much acne. I never have had issues with acne, maybe a pimple here and there. I use epiduo every night which I have been prescribed for 7 years, but that doesn't even help. I have acne on my cheeks, big red pimples on my forehead, some of my chin... it's ridiculous. Decided to call my GYN and am getting switched to mononessa. Hopefully I still have very short/no periods but my acne will also clear up!!"

Shreyaaa October 17, 2017

For Birth Control "Well this birth control hasn't worked well for me considering I'm pregnant. I was taking it at the same time of day EVERY day without missing any. No antibiotics or anything to interfere. I also experienced spotting for many months before it failed and I have never spotted before. My advice is if you think your birth control isn't working well talk to your doctor and get on something else."

Momma#2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 13, 2017

For Birth Control "Okay I used to be on Lomedia, then I was put Minestrin for some reason a few years ago, then for some UNKNOWN reason they stopped making that so I was forced to accept blisovi. Honestly I think I hate this pill more than Trump. I was fine with it for the first few couple of months (all you "nice" reviewers need to wait a few months to really know what you're dealing with), I barely got my period AT ALL and sometimes not at all which was nice but also scary at first bc that has never happened. I have been on BC for over 10 yrs now and this is the worst BY FAR. I thought I was just getting older, but I have gained weight (10-15lbs) way faster than I ever have in the past and its hard to get off. My moods are terrible and I spot now"

Cat220 October 4, 2017