User Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

Birth Control 51 reviews 295 medications

2.8
Summary of Blisovi 24 Fe reviews 51 reviews 2.8

Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

For Birth Control "I was originally prescribed something else then I somehow got switched to Guildess fe, which wasn't too bad. I was getting headaches, everyday with those. Now, the insurance sent me Blisovi Fe. Since I been taking the blisovi my period has increased In length, cramps in intensity, and heaviness in bleeding, including clots. Im hungry almost all the time, and my bra no longer fits completely (size D, before pill). The only thing this pill is effective in, is keeping you from getting pregnant. I had a scare and I did not get pregnant. But I never missed a pill and took at the same time everyday, which I was told makes it more effective.I am switching to an IUD soon because I cannot keep taking diff BC brands without warning."

PrincezNani (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Positives: 1. Regulates my period VERY well. Always happens the middle of the last week of the pack until the end of the pack (about 4 days). 2. Lighter periods. 3. Not pregnant. Negatives: 1. REALLY nauseous the day after taking the first pill in every pack. Like, super duper nauseous for about the first 8 hours of the day. Feels horrible. 2. Constant yeast infections. I have had 4 in the past 4 months, because of the estrogen in this BC. Might happen on any Estrogen BC, but be aware. 3. Debilitating calf cramps at night. Super painful and last about 5 minutes, they wake me up every time. 4. Jumping at every little noise. Been on this for 4 months, appointment tomorrow with gyno to switch"

carhilde5 February 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was initially prescribed Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo. After 2 months of heavy breakthrough bleeding my doctor changed me to Blisovi Fe 1.5. I've now been on Blisovi for 4 months. The only positive I can say is that it stopped the bleeding. My top 3 complaints are: anxiety, acne, and weight gain. I am constantly on edge and jump at everything. Every month when I start Week 3 my face gets extremely dry overnight and peels as if I have a sunburn then cystic acne comes in full force. I've never had an issue with acne in my entire life! I've also gained 10 pounds with zero diet change. My dr. asked me to give it a few months and as of this morning he agreed to change me to Yaz. If you are researching and are on the fence, DON'T TAKE BLISOVI!"

andrea00300 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I took this pill for 6 months and gained approximately 10 pounds. I couldn't figure out what was going on. I also experienced back pain while taking it. I recently stopped and have already lost a couple pounds and my back no longer hurts. I'm so glad I read these reviews."

Jdcde (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was on gildess for a year when all of the sudden the pharmacy switched me to bilsolvi 1/20. For the last few months I've been experiencing extreme anxiety to the point of jumping out of my skin. I can't sleep. I'm not sure if it's my anxiety or the pill causing my extreme nausea everyday. But it's almost unbearable. I do not recommend this pill. I've been thinking oh man am I pregnant? Because of the nausea. So I thought after months let me look at some reviews. To my amazement there isn't one good review on this pill. I haven't gained weight but I feel like crap. Switching asap!"

Zeldapeanut February 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "This was my first ever birth control experience and although it worked fairly well for the first month concerning period regulation, I had major breakthrough bleeding on my second pack that resembled a heavy, two-week long period on my active pills. My endocrinologist hadn't asked me about history with mental illness before she prescribed me this medication and unfortunately the pill magnified my severe depression progressively throughout my three packs. Because of it, I am more emotionally fragile and cry very easily. My anxiety has been heightened to a point where I can't go outside at the risk of panicking, and I'm constantly very jittery/shaky. I would not recommend this product for women experiencing any sort of depression or anxiety."

Disappointed and Let Down February 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was switched to Blisovi after my other generic was discontinued. I was on it for two months before realizing that it was almost certainly the cause of the severe anxiety, depression, and mood swings I'd been having for two months. There were days I couldn't function because my anxiety had gotten so high, and nothing was actually going on for me to be anxious about. I finally realized that it started pretty much right when my BC got switched so I'm going off of it now. I have never felt so miserable in my life."

librarygeek February 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "This is the worst I have ever had. The I have been taking this for months since my insurance wouldn't cover the one I used to be on. My periods have been worst then ever. I have been breaking out which I have never had to deal with and now my period won't stop. I have contacted my Dr and asked to be changed immediately."

OneFrustrated February 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Like most people on this thread I've gained weight and thought it was from the holidays and vacations. I've been dieting and working out and the scale has only gone up. I had to switch to this brand bc my other one was discontinued. It's NOT THE SAME! The pharmacy told me it is.... it's not. I'm just realizing this now! Calling my Dr. on Monday to get off this horribleness! I really gave this brand a shot. It's been 3 months and my clothes don't fit me. I'm so upset!"

Fatass in Chicago February 12, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "So glad I read these. I've gained 15 lbs in the past 6 months without a lifestyle change. Only difference was this BC. I thought I was crazy. I was getting super depressed about the weight. I workout daily and eat really well. Can't wait to switch and feel normal again"

Activeandfit (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 8, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was started on Gildess 1/20 but then was switched to Blisovi as Gildess was recalled. I always had the clearest skin and now that I've been taking Blisovi I'll have random break outs and I've gained some weight as well. I do not recommend. I can't wait to talk to my gynecologist to switch ASAP."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Blisovi 24 Fe after my insurance decided not to cover Minastrin 24 Fe. I have taken Blisovi for about 8 days now and I have had TERRIBLE side effects. My breasts and nipples are in extreme pain all day, bad headaches, and today I fainted. Earlier today I was speaking to a peer and all of a sudden broke out into an entire body sweat, got extremely light headed, and extremely nauseous. My blood pressure was taken immediately after my fainting spell and it read 85/60. I'm typically anywhere from 110-115/75-80. I will no longer be taking this medication due to the side effects. I told myself I would try it for a month but after the fainting spell today I will no longer be taking Blisovi 24 Fe."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "This birth control was terrible! Yes, it protected against pregnancy, but the side effects were awful. I had ridiculous mood swings and became very depressed. I am usually a very happy person, so I knew it had to be this medication."

NatalieW January 30, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I started out originally on Lo Loestrin FE and switched to Blisovi FE because the first one worked for me for the first few months but then my period became irregular. I put on 15-20 lbs almost right away and I thought it was what I was eating but I hadn't changed my diet at all. Glad to know I am not the only one that this happened to. The irregularity of my period has improved but I am now getting 2 a month which is not okay. Would not recommend and I'm switching ASAP."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 25, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was extremely hesitant to start this pill based on the terrible reviews. I was prescribed this pill after a ruptured ovarian cyst and mildly elevated testosterone levels so kind of had no choice but to try it. I am on day 5 and so far so good! I have not experienced any side effects at all. I was really worried about acne and weight gain as side effects. No acne and I actually seem to be losing weight which is amazing. I will update again after 1 month of use but so far so good!"

lu87 (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I hAve switched to this medication because they discontinued micronor which was perfect for me. When I started taking blistovi I had headaches and any birthcontrol for me never makes cramps go away except for micronor. So I still had cramps. A little bit of weight gain. I was super emotional and moody. Regular 5 to 6 day periods. After taking these pills for about 4 months, the side effects got better. I barely get headaches. My period is lighter than it has ever been. 1 to 3 days. The only time I'm emotional is on my placebo week. And I am not pregnant :) overall it's a tolerable pill."

Saknight930 January 19, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "After reading a couple of reviews, let me first start off that every body responds to medicine differently. Not everyone has the same response to the same medicine. This is my first BC that I've taken and so far I like it. Before I would always have light periods that were either lengthy or off and on so I wanted BC to keep it consistent. Now I have extremely light periods that last barely a day or two. My skin is fairly clear and I've gained about 5lbs which is a struggle for me to keep on weight (5 ft 106lbs). I noticed that I am a whole lot less moody but the cramps prior to my period are more severe."

Carrissa (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was started on Gildess 1/20 but then was switched to Blisovi after the recall. I absolutely HATE this birth control. Ever since starting it I have been having moderate to heavy periods twice a month. My cramps have been pretty bad too, the last heavy period I had my cramps lasted the entire week as opposed to going away the second day like they normally do. My mood swings are the worst they've ever been and I find myself crying at the drop of a hat and mad at everything. And just as some of the other women have stated, I have been extremely thirsty while on this pill and I can't wait to change it. The only good thing about this pill is that I'm not pregnant. That's the ONLY good thing about it."

Soulomoe13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I took this pill after switching off lo loestrin fe for cost reasons and I regret it. I'm much more moody and anxious all the time and I have severe cramps on this pill, while I had none on lo loestrin. I'm switching to a new pill but I wish I would have realized these and other bad side effects were caused by the blisovi sooner so I didn't have to suffer for so long!"

badblisovi (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I have tried to get on the rhythm of taking this birth control pill. The last pill I was in (Orthotricyclin lo) was perfect. After just one week on the first pack of this, I had tremendous nausea to the point that I had to lay down countless times throughout the day. I stopped half way and waited two months. Recently I just began again. The nausea is not as horrible but it is still there. I feel it more if I have to be passenger in a moving car. I'm not measuring my weight so I don't know how it is affecting me. One odd thing is that after years and years of loving coffee, I find it hard to drink now, it recently begun tasting too bitter or too sweet, which was NEVER a problem before. I will have to find another brand in the near future."

Lolita2555 January 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Terrible! I have gained weight and frequently have stabbing pain in abdomen and lower back, and severe painful bloating!! This tablet is the worst, don't take it!!!"

Mander80 January 8, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "My Daughter was put on BC to regulate heavy periods and was also switched by pharmacy to this medicine. She has been having headaches, breast tenderness and breakthrough bleeding and sudden outbreaks of acne! I decided to look up reviews and possible comparables and found this site. Thank you all for posting as I will be calling the DR. to switch! Be sure to let pharmacist know when picking up meds, they shouldn't just blindly switch prescriptions without PREVIOUSLY letting patients know beforehand so that we may make an informed decision on what medicines we take!"

just17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I took lamed 24 fe and then got switched to this. it seems the same except I've had a few headaches but that could be due to being sick the past two weeks. I've gained a few pounds but that could be because I went from a 32C to now a 30DDD....my skin is about the same maybe a little less breakouts nothing bad at all"

cate78 January 6, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I like the pill, my only problem is I do seem tired more and not in the mood to have sex at all which is bad as I'm in a relationship. I also noticed I pee way to much now and wake up in the middle of the night to go pee 1-3 times since taking the pill. But my periods have been better and shorter , no cramps, and no pregnancy"

Simpliirae (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I recently started taking Blisovi Fe 1.5/30 and my experience has been awful! I started taking it to regulate my periods. I have had minor headaches, lots of fatigue and nausea, I was vomiting towards the end of finishing my first pack (horrible) I can't sleep at all, I find myself staying up until about 5 or 6 am until I force myself to lay down and sleep because if not I could stay up all night! I have abdominal pain sometimes & I have lost my appetite & trust me I like to eat. I have been sick for a total of about 3 weeks & a day now & things are starting to concern me. I know it says that irregular bleeding is normal, but being on your period for 2 weeks with semi heavy bleeding? I don't think so...."

N24 January 4, 2017

Page 1 2 3 Next

More about Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)

Other brands: Lo Loestrin Fe, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Minastrin 24 Fe, Loestrin 24 Fe, More... (39)

Professional resources