User Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe to treat Birth Control

Blisovi 24 Fe Rating Summary

3.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 277 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

Ashley · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 12, 2019

"I have been on this birth control for about 4 months now. It is the worst pill I have ever taken. The only positive thing about it is my periods last maybe 4 days and are very light. The negatives... I can't control my acne breakouts.. I have NO sex drive.. I have constant mood swings.. I feel like I'm a teenager again. I also have headaches and I have trouble staying asleep at night. It just makes me feel NOT MYSELF. I made an appointment with my gyno for a visit. I am never using this birth control again. I thought I was crazy but I read other reviews and I guess I have a lot in common with many others that have taken this pill before. Its horrible! I am grateful for those people that it helps but this is definitely not the pill for me."

mary July 9, 2019

"I started taking this when i was a senior in high school (17 1/2 years old). I had no problems until about a year later. I have been constantly tired, my muscles have been twitching, I cry over everything, and I have no sex drive. At 19 years old, I’m coming up with excuses to not have sex with my boyfriend. It’s horrible. I thought I was going crazy until I read these comments and I’m glad to know it’s just this birth control. I’m definitely talking to my gyno about switching next month when I go."

Jess · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 3, 2019

"I've been on this Blisovi 24 FE after Minastrin became unavailable on my insurance. Previously, I was on Loestrin 24 FE and all of these birth controls have had the same effect. I used to have extremely heavy periods without bc and now I almost don't have a period at all. Seriously no negative side effects, no weight gain, acne, etc. I'm surprised to see such negative reviews."

Meg · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 29, 2019

"I am very sensitive and frequently have issues with medication, but I have had no side effects whatsoever with Blisovi. In fact, I have had a ton of really great benefits which may or may not be due to the medication. I was concerned about weight gain on the pill but managed to go from 130 to 110 lbs in just a few months (obviously due to lifestyle/eating changes but weight loss was super easy and not hindered by the pill). My skin also cleared up nearly 100% within a few months of going on the pill. I used to have really bad acne on my face, neck, back, and chest, and it is GONE now. I used to have to wear heavy Kat Von D foundation and concealer just to cover up acne but I have stopped wearing makeup altogether now and literally do not new foundation at all. My periods and related symptoms are also NONEXISTENT. I never have to wear more than an ultra light liner for a day or two now."

Sandoll June 28, 2019

"DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE, if you do and experience side effects such as nausea, unstable moods, depression, low to NO sex drive, constantly fatigued, constant yeast issues, brain fog, and your Dr. tells you it has nothing to do with the birth control and recommends you staying on it, and also blames the side affects on something else and sends you for blood work after blood work all while getting PERFECT results back. GET A DIFFERENT DR AND STOP TAKING THIS BIRTH CONTROL IMMEDIATELY. I stupidly trusted my Dr. for YEARS when she told me it was impossible these side affects are from this birth control. When I finally got the sense to just do the research myself it was clear as day that this IS the reason I have been experiencing the side affects mentioned above to the point where it has been noticeable to my family and friends. I have stopped taking this birth control and cannot wait to see the improvements."

liv729191 June 24, 2019

"I have been on this birth control for 2 years and I am so glad I saw these reviews. I’ve suffered with unprompted anxiety, but I always thought it was normal. I have gained weight, my acne around PMS is absolutely horrible, my back hurts, and the nausea is so hard to manage. I will never be taking this pill again. Please listen to the reviews and know you aren’t going crazy!!!"

Thissuck100 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 24, 2019

"I’ve been on this BC for a year now . Everything started out what seemed to be okay . Then things slowly started to get worse . My mood swing had changed tremendously , I had no motivation to do anything . I had never had depression in-till I tock this BC along with panic attacks . I also seemed to lose all sex drive and I’m only 22 . I don’t recommend taking this BC . I didn’t do me any favors what so ever ."

Nparr11 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 18, 2019

"I had been on Lo Loestrin Fe for years with no problems, recently my doctor switched me to Blisovi 24 FE and am now on month two - they are not even the same pills. I am throwing these pills away today. I’ve never had anxiety and depression until being on this pill. Today at work I randomly burst into tears. I DO NOT DO THIS. I have zero sex drive to the point I don’t even want to hug my husband anymore. I have heart palpitations and a constant brain fog. Please do yourself a favor a stay away from this birth control THERES BETTER OPTIONS. I don’t even recognize myself anymore and I’ve always been a confident woman. Currently crying while writing this."

elizabethkate · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 15, 2019

"I was so scared to start this given the horrible comments and reviews on this site. I almost switched before I even started! Thankfully I didn’t because I have had zero issues with this Blisovi 24 FE. I have always been prone to anxiety and been in and out of therapy for it for 12 years. I’m actually the least anxious I’ve ever been since starting this. Still have those days, but who doesn’t :) If you’re considering getting on Blisovi, please listen to your doctor if they believe it is the right fit for you and don’t let these comments deter you! Also- know the risks involved with any types of hormonal birth control."

Kay · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2019

"Wow, this birth control made me have SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION!!! I’m 22 and couldn’t have sex, it altered the way I felt about sex, not wanting to be touched, grossed out by the fact my boyfriend wanted to have sex. I had no sensitivity on my body. I thought I was losing my mind. Completely no libido"

owouwu · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 14, 2019

"My doctor gave me the prescription for this pill Blisovi 24 FE and I started taking them without reading the reviews. I’m actually surprised at the negative experience most of the people here had! Then I remember that every body reacts differently to every medication, and I might have gotten really lucky with this one. I am about to start my second pack, and so far, I’ve had no problems at all with this pill. When I first started taking them, the only side effect I noticed was headaches that lasted for only a few days. After that, everything was fine and normal. My weight has stayed the same, and I’ve had no breakouts on my face. I can’t say what this pill has in store for me in the future, but so far, it’s been uneventful and easy. If you’re reading this and you are still unsure, I’d say just take it anyway and see if it works for you and your body. The negative reviews may seem overwhelming and terrifying, but keep in mind that there are people who had a positive experience with it."

Kim April 28, 2019

"AWFUL. I NEVER EVER post reviews but felt compelled to write about my experience. I’m 5’5” and have weighed 120 lbs the past 20 yrs. I never dieted or was a health nut about food whatsoever. I typically ate what I wanted to in moderation. After changing to Blisovi I put on 8 lbs in 6 mos and just could not shed the lbs. Clothes that I have worn for 20 yrs no longer fit; my body shape has really expanded in the waist & thighs. My insurance had stopped sending me Junel 24 and substituted this brand. I didn’t think a lot about it at the time as they say the formulation is the same. Finally a month ago I connected the dots and am switching back to Junel 24 FE. I’m hoping my body reverts back to what it used to look like soon. Birth controls affects people differently, but avoid this altogether or have a heightened awareness as to side effects if you start taking it. It’s interesting to read other comments about “brain fog” as well as that has also been a problem for me the last several months."

Ally · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 26, 2019

"I switched from Lo Loestrin Fe to Blisovi 24 Fe about a year ago and thank goodness I did. In the short time I was on Lo Loestrin Fe I had mood swings, exhaustion, depression, and I just didn’t feel like myself. When I switched to Blisovi 24 Fe all of those emotional problems went away and I feel like myself again. Also my periods are a ton lighter than before, I used to have about 6 day periods with heavy cramping and now I have light periods with no cramping that only last about 2 days. I haven’t had any issues with acne. I have gained about 10 pounds in the year that I’ve been on the pill so that would be my only complaint. Overall I feel healthy on this bc."

Daria · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 13, 2019

"So I had been taking Junel 24 Fe for a few years now and at the beginning of the year was switched to Blisovi for I was told Junel was no longer on the market. I loved Junel. I had no weight issues, medicine worked as intended. Now that I'm on Blisovi, I have gained close to 30 pounds in a matter of 3 months. I was gaining roughly 2 pounds a week at the beginning and now gaining 4 or 5 pounds a week. I never had many issues with my weight. 115ish at 5'1. I'm now at 152lb at my latest weigh in. This is the most I ever weighed in my life. And I'm considered obese. Besides that, my mood swings have been terrible. I used to never fight with my boyfriend and now constantly do and I hate it. We used get along so well. I have also been extremely paranoid about so many things that it makes me physically sick. I would not recommend this medication to anyone unless it's your only option for BC."

kaelann08 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 26, 2019

"I started Blisovi 24 Fe birth control 4 months ago, at first everything seemed ok but these last 2 months have been horrible. I am 30 years old and I have NEVER had any issues with acne. Now I'm constantly finding new bumps popping up around my chin and forehead. The last 8 or so days left in my pack I feel like complete crap. My stomach constantly cramps, I feel constipated, I feel nauseous, I have headaches, I feel tired and I'm constantly hungry. I'm bloated all of the time. My doctor has now changed me to Junel ... hoping for better luck ."

MD · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 22, 2019

"I have been taking Blisovi for almost 2 years now. This bc regulated my period, cleared up my acne, and stopped the cramps. However I had bad nausea and headaches at the start, which the doctor told me would stop as I continued, so I kept taking it. Eventually the nausea went away, but the headaches didn't. I had terrible backaches. I gained at LEAST 40 lbs since starting. I'm in college, so it's hard to eat healthy/exercise when in school & working, but gaining this much weight this fast is NOT normal. I was already depressed because of school, but this bc made me mean/irritable, I have lost my motivation, and I feel like a different person. I just stopped taking this pill and switched to a hormonal IUD, so i'll see if anything changes. The negative side effects were too much to bear."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 21, 2019

"I don't leave comments on medicines, but this was the worst birth control I've been on, so I want to make others aware. I'm just finishing my second pack and have gained weight, got cystic acne, and have been more prone to anxiety attacks. I've had a lot of headaches and very irritable. I'm switching off of this birth control after this week since I only have 3 pills left, and my doctor wants me to finish this pack before starting a new one. I highly advise not taking this medicine -- the side effects have been unbearable."

Momof3 · Taken for less than 1 month March 20, 2019

"My personal experience was a nightmare that ended up with me in the ER. I was prescribed Blisovi 24 Fe to eliminate bleeding, the first two weeks I thought I was a little emotional, a little more tired and hungry - but nothing I would report to a dr on. It’s the third week I started getting migraines. I would take Aleve, migraine medicine daily (I’ve had the migraine med for two years that I never really needed before I was now). It all culminated with a racing heart, headache with pain thru my jaw and so much anxiety I was convinced I was having a heart attack. A HEART ATTACK!!! I’m three days off this medicine and I already feel like myself again! This was not for me at all. I’ll take a hysterectomy over one more of these awful pills. If researching methods to stop heavy bleeding. I’d advise trying other options first."

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 11, 2019

"I've been on Blisovi 24 control for almost a year. The entire time I’ve had an ongoing yeast infection that won’t go away. My anxiety has skyrocketed while my libido has greatly decreased. I’ve had extreme dryness and more migraines on the pill than I’ve ever had in my life. I never used to have bad cramps when getting periods but now I get cramps so bad I can hardly move and I have to keep a heating pad on my lower back just to be able to stand it. I’ve been super depressed and it’s given me more acne. I haven’t gotten pregnant so it’s doing it’s job but I can’t wait to change."

NYLady5 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 11, 2019

"Since starting Blisovi 24 I’ve been experiencing horrible diarrhea, so bad that I’m afraid to go out/go to work. I’ve been to my PMD thinking I may have IBS/Celiac; it’s that bad. Lab tests show it’s neither but my dr recommended a colonoscopy if it doesn’t subside with a change in diet. I changed my diet & I’m still no better. After reading other’s reviews on this birth control, I’m so upset to put two and two together and realize maybe this has been caused by the birth control. I have horrible cystic acne which I have never experienced in my life before. I’m so embarrassed of what my face looks like, this started about 2 months ago. I have not been able to lose weight despite changing my diet. I have stayed on this pill as my husband is going to have a vasectomy, so was just going to stay on it until that was done. But after realizing that all of my issues may be due to this birth control I’m stopping it immediately. AVOID THIS PILL - PLEASE!!"

Paige · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 8, 2019

"I’ve seen a LOT of negative reviews about Blisovi 24, but don’t let that scare you into not trying it. I’ve been taking this for 3+ years and I’ve had no issues with it (or at least that I can directly attribute to the pill). Maybe a bit of heightened anxiety here & there, and sometimes vaginal dryness/decreased libido, although I’m not sure if the pills or my own stress was causing that. My periods have been lighter and more regular, and I don’t break out often. It does what it’s supposed to do. I’ve stopped taking it for over a month and didn’t feel much different in terms of sex drive/anxiety, so I went back on. Of course, not every pill works for everyone, but this one works for me!"

AriLoren83 March 6, 2019

"This is a HORRIBLE drug. I’ve been on it for three weeks, but today was my LAST time to take one of these pills. I will never take another one. I have experienced the following: — extreme tiredness, sluggishness, and loss of motivation — anxiety and twitchy muscles — cramps and spotting — increased hunger and weight gain despite exercising and mostly clean eating — increased time for eyes to focus — decreased libido — heart palpitations — general malaise/feelings of being unwell Blisovi 24 FE is NOT good for your body or your mind. I am very regretful that I let myself ingest this stuff. Now I am quitting cold-turkey at the end of the third week, hoping that my body will get back to normal soon. Taking this pill was a gigantic mistake."

JH · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 5, 2019

"I’ve been on Loestrin 24 which became LoMedia 24, and recently switched (2 years) to Blisovi 24 for about 10 years. I personally love this birth control. I haven’t experienced any significant side effects that were previously mentioned such as migraines. I have relieved PMDD and virtually no periods at this point. My vitals, such as kidney/liver function is almost perfect. I never gained weight or had increased acne, but it did not clear it either. I am so happy for the active ingredients in this pill. As I turn 31 and plan to have a family I will miss the ease of no cramps or symptoms."

Lins · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 21, 2019

"So I went to my obgyn back in September 2018 to get on birth control, as I had got a boyfriend and didn't want to get pregnant. I’ve been taking it every since then and I’ve gained at least 25 pounds! I also had never really noticed any anxiety or extreme mood swings until I started this bc! I freak out over little things I have major anxiety attacks and crying outbursts especially around or on my period. I have yet to go back to my obgyn to talk about it or change it. The only thing it’s done so far is keep me not pregnant. I still would not recommend."

kmarie February 10, 2019

"DO NOT TAKE THIS! This past year has been the worst year ever!!! All of a sudden I have the craziest symptoms that don’t go away no matter what I do. Severe migraines ALL THE TIME!!!!!!! I gained 10+ pounds!!! I have never had an issue with weight in my life, I workout 6 x a week, eat extremely healthy and the scale is just going up!! It’s effected my mental health so much because it makes you feel like you’re going crazy. I’m extremely tired no matter how much sleep I get . My anxiety has been out of control. I’m sad, tired. Irritable all the time for no reason. My stomach always hurts. My periods are so irregular, I won’t get a period for a couple months, then I’ll spot and bleed randomly all the time. My vision has all of a sudden gotten bad?? I’ve never had eye problems in my life. I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to connect these symptoms to this birth control!!! STAY FAR AWAY!!!"