User Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe to treat Birth Control

Blisovi 24 Fe Rating Summary

3.1/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 276 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Blisovi 24 Fe

"I started Blisovi 24 Fe birth control 4 months ago, at first everything seemed ok but these last 2 months have been horrible. I am 30 years old and I have NEVER had any issues with acne. Now I'm constantly finding new bumps popping up around my chin and forehead. The last 8 or so days left in my pack I feel like complete crap. My stomach constantly cramps, I feel constipated, I feel nauseous, I have headaches, I feel tired and I'm constantly hungry. I'm bloated all of the time. My doctor has now changed me to Junel ... hoping for better luck ."

kaelann08 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2019

"I have been taking Blisovi for almost 2 years now. This bc regulated my period, cleared up my acne, and stopped the cramps. However I had bad nausea and headaches at the start, which the doctor told me would stop as I continued, so I kept taking it. Eventually the nausea went away, but the headaches didn't. I had terrible backaches. I gained at LEAST 40 lbs since starting. I'm in college, so it's hard to eat healthy/exercise when in school & working, but gaining this much weight this fast is NOT normal. I was already depressed because of school, but this bc made me mean/irritable, I have lost my motivation, and I feel like a different person. I just stopped taking this pill and switched to a hormonal IUD, so i'll see if anything changes. The negative side effects were too much to bear."

MD (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 22, 2019

"I don't leave comments on medicines, but this was the worst birth control I've been on, so I want to make others aware. I'm just finishing my second pack and have gained weight, got cystic acne, and have been more prone to anxiety attacks. I've had a lot of headaches and very irritable. I'm switching off of this birth control after this week since I only have 3 pills left, and my doctor wants me to finish this pack before starting a new one. I highly advise not taking this medicine -- the side effects have been unbearable."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2019

"My personal experience was a nightmare that ended up with me in the ER. I was prescribed Blisovi 24 Fe to eliminate bleeding, the first two weeks I thought I was a little emotional, a little more tired and hungry - but nothing I would report to a dr on. It’s the third week I started getting migraines. I would take Aleve, migraine medicine daily (I’ve had the migraine med for two years that I never really needed before I was now). It all culminated with a racing heart, headache with pain thru my jaw and so much anxiety I was convinced I was having a heart attack. A HEART ATTACK!!! I’m three days off this medicine and I already feel like myself again! This was not for me at all. I’ll take a hysterectomy over one more of these awful pills. If researching methods to stop heavy bleeding. I’d advise trying other options first."

Momof3 (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2019

"I've been on Blisovi 24 control for almost a year. The entire time I’ve had an ongoing yeast infection that won’t go away. My anxiety has skyrocketed while my libido has greatly decreased. I’ve had extreme dryness and more migraines on the pill than I’ve ever had in my life. I never used to have bad cramps when getting periods but now I get cramps so bad I can hardly move and I have to keep a heating pad on my lower back just to be able to stand it. I’ve been super depressed and it’s given me more acne. I haven’t gotten pregnant so it’s doing it’s job but I can’t wait to change."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 11, 2019

"Since starting Blisovi 24 I’ve been experiencing horrible diarrhea, so bad that I’m afraid to go out/go to work. I’ve been to my PMD thinking I may have IBS/Celiac; it’s that bad. Lab tests show it’s neither but my dr recommended a colonoscopy if it doesn’t subside with a change in diet. I changed my diet & I’m still no better. After reading other’s reviews on this birth control, I’m so upset to put two and two together and realize maybe this has been caused by the birth control. I have horrible cystic acne which I have never experienced in my life before. I’m so embarrassed of what my face looks like, this started about 2 months ago. I have not been able to lose weight despite changing my diet. I have stayed on this pill as my husband is going to have a vasectomy, so was just going to stay on it until that was done. But after realizing that all of my issues may be due to this birth control I’m stopping it immediately. AVOID THIS PILL - PLEASE!!"

NYLady5 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 11, 2019

"I’ve seen a LOT of negative reviews about Blisovi 24, but don’t let that scare you into not trying it. I’ve been taking this for 3+ years and I’ve had no issues with it (or at least that I can directly attribute to the pill). Maybe a bit of heightened anxiety here & there, and sometimes vaginal dryness/decreased libido, although I’m not sure if the pills or my own stress was causing that. My periods have been lighter and more regular, and I don’t break out often. It does what it’s supposed to do. I’ve stopped taking it for over a month and didn’t feel much different in terms of sex drive/anxiety, so I went back on. Of course, not every pill works for everyone, but this one works for me!"

Paige (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 8, 2019

"This is a HORRIBLE drug. I’ve been on it for three weeks, but today was my LAST time to take one of these pills. I will never take another one. I have experienced the following: — extreme tiredness, sluggishness, and loss of motivation — anxiety and twitchy muscles — cramps and spotting — increased hunger and weight gain despite exercising and mostly clean eating — increased time for eyes to focus — decreased libido — heart palpitations — general malaise/feelings of being unwell Blisovi 24 FE is NOT good for your body or your mind. I am very regretful that I let myself ingest this stuff. Now I am quitting cold-turkey at the end of the third week, hoping that my body will get back to normal soon. Taking this pill was a gigantic mistake."

AriLoren83 March 6, 2019

"I’ve been on Loestrin 24 which became LoMedia 24, and recently switched (2 years) to Blisovi 24 for about 10 years. I personally love this birth control. I haven’t experienced any significant side effects that were previously mentioned such as migraines. I have relieved PMDD and virtually no periods at this point. My vitals, such as kidney/liver function is almost perfect. I never gained weight or had increased acne, but it did not clear it either. I am so happy for the active ingredients in this pill. As I turn 31 and plan to have a family I will miss the ease of no cramps or symptoms."

JH (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 5, 2019

"So I went to my obgyn back in September 2018 to get on birth control, as I had got a boyfriend and didn't want to get pregnant. I’ve been taking it every since then and I’ve gained at least 25 pounds! I also had never really noticed any anxiety or extreme mood swings until I started this bc! I freak out over little things I have major anxiety attacks and crying outbursts especially around or on my period. I have yet to go back to my obgyn to talk about it or change it. The only thing it’s done so far is keep me not pregnant. I still would not recommend."

Lins (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2019

"DO NOT TAKE THIS! This past year has been the worst year ever!!! All of a sudden I have the craziest symptoms that don’t go away no matter what I do. Severe migraines ALL THE TIME!!!!!!! I gained 10+ pounds!!! I have never had an issue with weight in my life, I workout 6 x a week, eat extremely healthy and the scale is just going up!! It’s effected my mental health so much because it makes you feel like you’re going crazy. I’m extremely tired no matter how much sleep I get . My anxiety has been out of control. I’m sad, tired. Irritable all the time for no reason. My stomach always hurts. My periods are so irregular, I won’t get a period for a couple months, then I’ll spot and bleed randomly all the time. My vision has all of a sudden gotten bad?? I’ve never had eye problems in my life. I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to connect these symptoms to this birth control!!! STAY FAR AWAY!!!"

kmarie February 10, 2019

"My ob/gyn prescribed Blisovi as an alternative to orthotricyclen lo, which I LOVED. She said all of her patients love it and I would too. In one week, I woke up from a panic attack that was so severe I thought I was having a heart attack. My anxiety was so easily triggered while on this, I had heart palpitations and weird breathing even if I thought of something mildly uncomfortable. My gyno said birth control pill don’t cause anxiety and that me and all of the people who said they had issues on internet are wrong, since “no one I've ever given it to has had any issues”. She said all progesterones are the same and that nothing would be different unless I control my anxiety because *that* was the problem. I got a 2nd opinion today and was told that the progesterone in Blisovi is different than Orthotricyclen Lo and that people react differently to each type of hormone. Don’t let your gyno bully you into thinking you have to take what they gave you or nothing at all."

Jk (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2019

"I’ve been on this for three weeks and nauseous the whole time. I haven’t stopped bleeding since I started it. I have PCOS and wanted something to help with cysts. I was on Femcon for years, but they took me off when I had an odd pap. I’ve since had a child and been off BC for years. This stuff just makes me feel awful. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone."

Marli (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2019

"I just started week 3 on this birth control and I HATE it! I have gained 5lbs and can't stop eating; I am constantly hungry, even when I know I'm full I still want to eat. I feel tired and have very little energy. My mood is very blah and I have no sex drive. I'm getting my tubes tied next week and cannot wait to be off birth control pills for good!"

BH (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2019

"I have just started my 4th month of this brand of birth control. I started it particularly for my heavy and extremely painful periods. The very first month on it I had NO period at all, which freaked me out. I am 24 and have never missed a period in 8 years. Second month I had my period, but extremely light and short, I almost couldn’t count is as a period. Third month a normal period came right on time after the 3rd week as scheduled. It has cleared up my face immensely since I began it, and I have not noticed any weight gain at all. However as I just started my 4th month on it, I have noticed a very deep “sadness” or “depression” which is not like me at all! I cry over simple things and generally just feel down. Hoping this goes away- otherwise the pill works just as it should."

Britt (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2019

"So I normally do my research before I take any medication! I took my normal trip to my OB with trying to control and irregular period. I needed some relief I was having my period for as long as a month at a time. Dr prescribed this BC because he stated it also had Iron in it . I was super convinced. I been on this medication for about 4 days now . I normally get occasional anxiety but not like this! Crying spells, tingly body . Something felt wrong. Luckily I had a bottle of low dose Xanax prescribed by dr a year ago due to anxiety. I have always been able to keep my anxiety under control. I have never felt anxiety like I did today ! it was horrible. After never taking Xanax in my life or anxiety medication , Today was the first day I HAD TO TAKE A XANAX to help cope with the MAJOR ANXIETY! I was feeling . I felt instant relief. I was always scared to take Xanax. Thank you to this BC to push me to the edge to take one. Please don’t take this contraceptive pill . Panic Attacks all day are not fun!"

SDC January 17, 2019

"I have never left a review on a medication but I need other women to be warned! I was on this two months and it was the WORST two months. I gained 13 pounds, my acne flared up like never before, I was constantly nauseous (throwing up almost everyday), breakthrough bleeding if you are even 10 minutes late taking the pill but the absolute worst side effect was how heightened my anxiety and depression became. Panic attacks almost every day and they were so severe and worst than they have ever been. Crying LITERALLY all the time about everything. Did not have any desire to leave my house and when I did I was so anxious it wasn't even worth it. Even if you aren't sure how your body will react to this pill, I would NOT chance it."

Kris (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2019

"This birth control sucks! I've been taking this for several months now and I have gained 40lbs. I have been eating healthy and exercising and I have not lost not one pound. This will make your mood swings go insane. Horrible horrible."

Anon (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2019

"Look you guys. I started taking this pill about 4 months ago and thought it was great. 1st week I felt fine, however, by the 3rd week I was feeling overwhelmed managing things I had been fine with before. I thought I had too much on my plate and considered counselling. I started with severe depression (which isn’t like me at all) and dark thoughts which scared me. I still associated everything with biting off more than I could chew with working full time and school full time. I took this pill for almost 4 months and the mood swings were out of control. My husband couldn’t recognize me anymore, I didn’t recognize myself. Guys, it’s been one week since I’ve been off this pill and it’s like everything I felt is completely gone. It’s incredible what a little pill can do to your body. I would NEVER recommend this to anyone. If I could rate this a 0 I would!"

Shelbie (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2019

"I have been on this for three months now. I had headaches the first two weeks, but those went away. Made me break out at first, but cleared up after just over two months. I did notice mood swings which have progressively gotten worse, and I have said and done things that I would not normally say or do. However, it is manageable. My confidence has plummeted and I have gained 12 pounds. My appetite has definitely increased. I am very active and have always been lean and able to eat whatever I want but even with dieting and rigorous exercise, I can’t seem to lose any of the weight I’ve gained. My experience hasn’t been terrible, and most of the adverse side effects are easy to live with (other than my insatiable appetite!). My skin is slightly clearer, bust much larger, and periods are shorter and lighter although PMS and cramping aren’t any better."

Ski girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2019

"This was my first experience on birth control. The only pro to this was having lighter periods. However-- I didn't get a period for 3 of the five months I was taking this medication. I gained about 10+ pounds, became extremely depressed and my skin continued to break out. I just stopped taking it and can't to return to my normal self."

travelbug (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 25, 2018

"This pill honestly worked our really well for me even though I was terrified to start taking it after reading all of the reviews. It made my period much lighter although it took about 3 months to notice that change. I will say my period sometimes comes on the second week of my active pills or it will not come at all for some months. This doesn’t personally bother me but it is something to consider. I think I lost about 20 pounds from this pill which was great for me.. there’s no true evidence it was from the pill but I didn’t change my diet or exercise at all. Overall, I’ve had a very positive experience. Don’t let the negative reviews on here scare you.. people are much more likely to write about their bad experiences than their good experiences."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 25, 2018

"If I could give a 0 I would. Asian female, 24 years of age. This is my first time taking this brand. Doctor proscribed these for ovarian cyst, and irregular and painful period. The first week; I notice acne on my face, which was unfortunate because my skin is always clear prior to these pills. Second week; tiredness, bloated, and constipated. Third week; I have constant mild abdominal cramp. I started having hot flashes/ waves during the day. I have trouble sleeping solid at night and would get up to pee at least once a night. My throat started hurting. Fourth week, I wake up in a pool of sweat, even though the house is at 67 degrees! I’d pull out clumps of hair in the shower. I’m worried that it’s causing me more harm than it’s doing good. I’m stopping these today. WORST PILLS EVER. DO NOT TAKE THESE! Seriously, do yourself a favor and ask for something else."

Thebigsad December 22, 2018

"Been taking for 3 years for painful periods. Only get my period every 4-6 months and cramping is much less. Did its job. No side effects, no weight gain, no acne."

Mackaa (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 17, 2018

"I got put on this after lo loestrin the low dose birth control did not regulate my cycle at all. This birth control did its job for me I didn’t get pregnant and my cycles were normal and very light but after the 1 year mark things got crazy. I became extremely anxious and depressed and entered a really dark place in my mind. I was always crying and overwhelmed and couldn’t figure out why until I stopped taking this birth control and even then it took a few months to be back to myself !"

Leah (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 13, 2018