User Reviews for Dulaglutide to treat Diabetes, Type 2

Also known as: Trulicity

Dulaglutide has an average rating of 5.2 out of 10 from a total of 757 ratings for the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2. 37% of those users who reviewed Dulaglutide reported a positive effect, while 40% reported a negative effect.

Dulaglutide Rating Summary

5.2/10 average rating

Compare all 158 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Dulaglutide

jesshealthylife · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2021

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “I have been on Trulicity, .75 dose as well as Metformin 1000 mg x 2 a day for the last 3 weeks. My stomach feels awful, cramping and severe diarrhea. I am experiencing heart palpitations and chest discomfort. I am also experiencing lack of energy and have had to call off of work. I know I was told to see how it works but it hasn’t really done much for my sugar. I may try to wait a bit longer to see if the symptoms subside. I’m definitely making an appointment to discuss my symptoms.”

Anele Mkhize · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 18, 2021

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “My son was diagnosed diabetes 2008. He is in his late 30’s. He urinate a lot, usually during the night and his blood sugar was 600. I do not know where he could have inherited it. Since then I have worked on finding a good way to control it or reverse it. and I was introduced to Tree of Life Herbal Clinic and ever seem My son started using diabetes herbal formula I purchased online from Tree of Life Herbal Clinic November last year. After 5 weeks of usage, his diabetes was totally reversed, blood sugar now normal and his last A-1C was 4.0 perfect. To know more about Tree of Life Herbal Clinic visit w w w. treeoflifeherbalclinic .com”

kimberleyt16 June 16, 2021

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “Hi everyone so sorry you guy’s had bad experiences with this Trulicity drug I just gotten out the hospital two weeks ago. I had been taking this horrible drug almost a year now. I went to the ER twice in one week the second time they admitted me into the hospital. I was in such a bad state my small intestine was obstructed I was deathly ill I had to get a tube through my nose down to my stomach because I was so blocked, they had to drain poop from my stomach I was blocked up so badly. When I first start taking this I saw the difference in my bowel movement I did not know it was the drug I took my last injection today there will be no more Trulicity for m.e I’m waiting for my doctor to get back in touch with me she has until next Wednesday to put me on something else. When I was on Metformin I was doing great the reason for this me to go one this drug was I wanted to loose a few pounds - biggest mistake I ever made in my life. It’s more bad experiences than good that I’ve read so far. Be careful guy’s”

Happy · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 15, 2021

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “Trulicity is a lifesaver! I have taken it for four months with no side effects. I have lost 30 lbs and my a1c went from 12.7 to just 5.5! I'm so thankful my doctor put me on Trulicity and I don't have to take anything else. It's miraculous.”

mamaw · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 4, 2021

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “My husband of over fifty years was put on this drug at the beginning of 2020. He was over 270 pounds and his A1C was over 11. The Dr was desperate. My husband experienced horrible nausea and abdominal pain. He began to lose weight but not as fast as the Dr wanted. He was put on concentrated insulin twice a day. He started becoming sicker. He was taken to ER in August of 2020. He was placed on a ventilator for respiratory distress. He suffered three strokes while in a medically induced coma. He never recovered. I don't know what the answer is to this drug and who should or should not take it. I'm just saying that anyone who starts experiencing bad symptoms should not wait until the Dr takes them off of the drug. Be your own advocate!”

Nayners24 · Taken for less than 1 month September 22, 2020

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “I started trulicity last week. I was a bit nervous before using it because so many people complained of gastric distress. I am very pleased to say I had NO problem with the trulicity. No gastric issues, the injection is painless, and best of all, my blood sugar is actually in a normal range. I'm so glad my physician suggested I try trulicity.”

Lily February 24, 2021

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “My insurance would no longer pay for Victoza. As soon as I went off of it, I gained 15 pounds, Very frustrating, especially since my A1C went from 7.3 to 8.2 also. Doc started me on the .75 dose of Trulicity. I was pleased that other than some mild digestive issues and fatigue for the first month, I had no horrific side effects. It also had no effect whatsoever on my BS, A1C or weight! After five months, Doc doubled the dose to 1.75/week. Still no big stomach or intestinal issues, unless I eat something super rich or fatty. You will absolutely pay a physical price if you don't pay attention to your fat intake with this drug. The other thing is that I'm having to overcome that crushing fatigue again, hoping it eases soon, trying to take power-naps when possible. But my sugar numbers are awesome, and I'm sticking with Trulicity for that reason.”

Ike · Taken for less than 1 month September 16, 2020

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “Had terrible upper abdominal pain while on Trulicity, lasting for 5 days post injection. Could not eat much although had an appetite. Very tough time with bowel movements. Lost all energy during this time. But blood sugars came down and I really wish I could have tolerated it due to once/week dosing. The benefit does not outweigh the awful side effects.”

taeleneswihart May 20, 2021

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “I’ve been on Trulicity for 4 months now and I’m telling you it is horrible. I have gastroparesis and had my gallbladder out 6 years ago so of course all these gastric side effects hit me hard! Last week I started with the violent diarrhea and vomiting to the point I went the the ER! Of course my doctor didn’t know why I was so sick! Well my A1C went from 11 to 9 with this med and most if the time would linger at 230 BS all day then spike on me at night. So it wasn’t getting my numbers low enough anyway. The belching was so nasty it also made me puke. I’m done with this drug , I’m going to cut carbs, sugar and walk everyday instead. I’m sick of being sick!”

J September 19, 2020

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “When I first started Trulicity I thought I was the end of me. Between the diarrhea, vomiting, headaches, stomach pain, and loss of appetite I could barely leave my bed. My physician said it would take time to improve, at least 4 to 6 weeks. He moved my dose to .75 mg, with no metformin. This drug changed my life ”

Erik · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 5, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “No need for details. I experienced the same awful side effects as many of the posters. So I quit the drug and went on a low-carb diet (little or no grains, starches or sugar) and started walking 20 minutes everyday as fast as I could. Lost 40 lbs. A1C went from 8.0 to 5.5. Never felt better. But I am still diabetic, meaning I cannot go back to my old ways. If I can do it, you can do it. Oh - and the money I am saving!”

Maryom · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 27, 2020

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “On metformin 1000mg them 500mg for approx month-gassy slightly nauseated and constantly feeling need to be in bathroom. Switched to trulicity on it now for third month. So much better back to feeling my regular self losing weight. I have mastered my cravings for sugar. A1c went from 10 to 6.2.”

Mick · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “Well this is my second review on this drug I am now on my 3rd week of taking trulicity and can happily report I’m getting on brilliantly no more side effects not that there was many anyway just slight wind and nausea very very easy and painless to inject sugar levels gone from 18 to 5.5-6 therefore being able to reduce my daily insulin dose significantly appetite cut in half not really losing weight yet but I have every faith that I will eventually. There are so many bad reviews on here that I read and was therefore worried sick about starting this drug but in my experience it’s a miracle and this has to be shared as well. I really hope first time users give it a go and have success as I have”

Woofy06 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 1, 2021

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “One of the best medications I have found so far! I was on insulin plus the lower dose of Trulicity for about 6 months and found it really brought down my blood sugars. A big plus when I started it was that I felt full a lot longer (especially in the morning time) so I lost a little bit of weight. Only negatives I could say were that I got nasty burps for the first few weeks, because it keeps the food in your stomach longer (smelled like rotten death!) After that went away, I no longer had that issue. The feeling of being 'full' subsided as well, which was kind of sad cause it helped me not to over eat. My insurance lapsed so I had to go off both. I hope to get back on the Trulicity alone and just try to control my diet better this time around. It's definitely worth a try as I didn't have any side affects accept what I mentioned. Hope this helps someone.”

Joe · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2020

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “First dose of Trulicity in the evening. 24 hrs later BG 154. Cut back on my insulin injections. Next am too high at 217. Afternoon 91, evening was 132. Extremely happy. I have more energy, already feel better overall. Absolutely no side effects.”

Netter · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 10, 2021

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “Nurse practitioner started me on Trulicity 1.5 in September 2020 due to elevating A1C, up to 8.5. Started out good but pretty bad heartburn even taking Famotidine, 20 mg daily. Recheck December 2020, A1C down to 6.5. Stopped Famotidine and started Omeprazole, 40 mg daily which stopped the heartburn but now with bloating, burping, gas and constipation. Have stopped the Omeprazole and bloating is better and heartburn back, using antacids. On Metformin, 1,000 mg twice daily for years. Good news other than the lower A1C is that I have lost almost 30 lbs. Have feeling of being unwell. Usually feel much worse after eating. At first, my appetite was decreased but now I stay hungry all the time and crave sweets. Going back to see my NP this week and stopping Trulicity unless she can change things around because I sure don't like the way I feel, not worth it. Taking fiber for constipation. Trulicity helped my diabetes but hurt my quality of life.”

MDawn · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2021

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “I got my first Trulicity injection today, after a failed attempt of doing Metformin. Let me tell ya, I think she started me out at too high of a dose! The headaches are horrible, my sugar dropped from 386 (I know that is high) to 108 in just a few hours. I feel weak and tired. But now I'm scared my sugar will bottom out while I'm sleeping.”

JLISS79 · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2021

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “Nothing but positive results so far. Three injections over three weeks (once per week on Monday’s) along with twice daily metaformin 2000mg per day and my sugar has gone from 421 to 106. Only complaint or side effect is the day of injection I do get a mild headache but other than that I feel fantastic.”

StewyDorset · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 26, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “Update to earlier post. It's now been 5 weeks since starting Trulicity and happy to report the side effects have mostly disappeared. My appetite is very subdued. Blood sugar levels ranging between 3.4 and 6.5. Weight has reduced further. Another 7lb shed in 2 weeks. Total weight loss now 17 pounds. All very positive. This drug works great for me. Everyone reacts differently to new meds but it's so worth a go. Make it past the 2 weeks and side effects do reduce. Good luck everyone. I will post another update in 2 weeks. :)”

Ginger October 22, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “I took the Trulicity shot on Friday, today is Tuesday. Until today, no side effects until I decided to eat a donut today, which I know is NOT diabetic friendly...I got so sick, nauseated, dizzy, fatigued, I thought I would have to go to the ER. I eventually had several normal bowel movements and a long nap. The first day or two, I felt really weird. Not myself. Appetite is definitely almost non existent. And for me, that is a huge plus. I have been overeating like a mad person for years. I am not sure how this stuff works, but it does! Instantly, my blood sugars are in record lows for me. I've been a type 2 diabetic for nearly 15 years. I've never had sugars like a "normal" person since my diagnosis, until this week! I cried when I saw how good they are! Together with my insulin regiment, I am on my way to a lot better health. I am so grateful for the change! Will update again after a few weeks”

Momof5 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 24, 2020

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “I have been taking trulicity for 7 weeks now,I have had horrible burps, gas and extremely bad diarrhea. I don't know if I would recommend this drug to anyone, I can't even take a walk without worrying if I am gonna have an accident.”

Kate · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2021

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “Started on this medication only two weeks ago due to having an adverse side effect with another medication. According to my doctor, "it's a great drug that will actually help you lose weight." Sure, I have already lost weight, all due to having not been able to keep down a single bite of food. For the first day after my first dose, I noticed my body feeling sluggish and short-winded, then the nausea and vomiting kicked in. Hoping the horrific toilet bowl hugging would improve, I tried a second dose on week 2, but the results was only more praying to the porcelain gods. Now, I need to get off this ghastly med too.”

EG · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 3, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “I am sorry to hear that others are having negative side affects. I have been on Trulicity for nearly a year. It has changed my life. I have lost 30 lbs with no effort. Food just isn't that important to me any longer. I can't believe the lifestyle changes I have made that I could never face with diets. Obviously, all Type 2 diabetics are not alike.”

Lola50 · Taken for less than 1 month August 11, 2020

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “Oh my goodness about 6 hours after my first and only Trulicity injection at my docs office I felt like it was the end of me. I could not think straight. I was told by my doctors office He was out of town And to go to emergency or urgent care if necessary. I went to urgent care and they just referred me to the doctor and said to perhaps not take it anymore, I was in bed for days feeling like I was dying. I don’t know what happened but it was horrible. Of course I discontinued use.”

prarilay · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “3rd Week on Trulicity .75 (ready my review below for 1st week). I did not have major side effect except headache for 1st week, the second week day 2 after shot was miserable, had diarrhea continuously from 6 pm to 9 pm -luckily was home by then, could not even digest water. I went to bed. Day 3 and after was uneventful. I have seen a pattern, diet matters. Assuming you take your shot on Monday: Day 2 and 3 Diet (Tue& Wed): No heavy carbs/sugary foods, eat a lot of veggies (avoid cauliflower, broccoli, Legumes), Apple , Pear is fine. Full fat yogurt (no sweetened). Drink plenty of water (No soda or sparkling water), but don't overdo. keep the dinner light. Day 4 - Thu Add bread or rice for lunch (80 gms Pasta is also fine)- Mozzarella cheese (or any fresh cheese 100 gm) for dinner with vegetables. Day 5 - Friday same as day 4 Day 6 and 7 (Sat & Sun) get back to your normal diet Day 1 (shot is due) Follow Day 2 diet. will keep posting the updates.”

Pumpkin spice · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 7, 2020

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “Ohhh gosh I truly feel like I’m dying this is 3 rdweek of 1.5 and I’m so sick I can’t hold food down and I’m jittery and increased heartbeat and all I can do is wait for it to leave my system I’m so weak and frankly scared this is it I’ve really had it I’m done with this medicine”

Stephi55 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 17, 2021

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “I've been on Trulicity since January of this year having one dose once a week. It still makes me feeling nauseous, my side effects are I can't eat, bloating, diarrhea, painful pain in lower abdomen. Have mentioned all this to my dr and she keeps saying my body just needs to get used to it. Don't think it will every get used to this”

Jake June 10, 2020

Trulicity (dulaglutide): “I was diagnosed with type 1.5 LADA (Latent Autoimmune Diabetes Adult Onset) in November, 2019. By December my endocrinologist prescribed Trulicity along with a Metformin ER pill. This injection was always painful and the first day or two after the injection always very nauseous. I've experienced upset stomach and abdominal pain off and on throughout my whole time on these meds. My A1C and other bloodwork numbers were good so dr. decided with my complaints and good numbers I went off the Trulicity but continued the Metformin. A week later I'm in my Gastro's office with LLQ pain and am told I have a partial intestinal blockage. It is now June 2020 and I just got out of the hospital with Acute Colitis (forgot to mention that I'm only 20) the biopsy came back showing the cause of my problems as medication. I can't help but blame this on Trulicity and Metformin since I'm not on other medications. I've seen comments about gastro upset but nothing as serious as colitis.”