User Reviews for Dulaglutide to treat Diabetes, Type 2

Also known as: Trulicity

Dulaglutide Rating Summary

5.4/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 165 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Dulaglutide

Allen · Taken for less than 1 month July 11, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "This drug is great for type 2 diabetics who exercise and eat right daily. I'm currently on my second dose and have lost 20lbs in 3 weeks. I drank some tequila the third day after my injection and felt terrible. I experienced bad abdominal cramps tons of belching and diarrhea so that's why I gave it an 8.0 because while your on this medication you'll have to do right. I don't eat chips I eat trail mix and mostly high grain bread, fish and vegetables and I consume 70 plus oz of water a day so that's why this medication works for me. If you plan on eating what ever and drinking soda juice and alcohol I do not recommend this medication I have heard horror stories for those like this who took this medication. But if not get it immediately and feel great"

Jue · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "I took Trulicity for 2 weeks, I felt so nauseated that I had to call off work. The first 2 days I was fine, then I began to feel sick at my stomach and I was gassy & belching all the time. I had to stop after the 2nd injection. This is not for me..."

Bruce · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 7, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "Been lucky, I guess. Trulicity has had the desired affect and the Dr is pleased after about 7 weeks 1 device misfired but the insurance Co. and manuf. all immediately helpful. No side effects to report , ever for 72 yo women Wish you all the same luck."

Monique · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 4, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "The first week the nausea was awful and I also had stomach pains. Each week the nausea, present on day 2-3. Became less. My HbA1c have dropped from in the 8’s to 5.9 and I have lost approx 7 kilos. I will continue on this medication, can’t ignore these good results."

So I'll · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 3, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "I took my 9th dose on June 30,2019. I hate the side effects, gassy, bloated and nausea! I went to the Dr 7/2 told him I felt awful, and he took me off of it! Thank God!"

Woodstockgirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "I was very nauseous in the beginning and was throwing up quite a lot. I was not really upset because I had lost 15 pounds. Then three months later I started to lose my hair. When I took a shower and wash my hair so much came out. I stopped taking my trulicity today and unfortunately my doctor never called me back ."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "On 06/16/19 I took my first injection of Trulicity and for the first 2 days I felt good. My sugar levels were staying between 100-130. By morning of day 3 I was starting to feel nauseated. Then I was starting to belch up nasty taste in my mouth like a metal taste and it smelled like sewage. Then I started to get very bloated and gassy. I could not have bowel movements and could not release any gas out of my stomach. My stomach felt so hard and it was hurting me so bad. I had a very bad full feeling and I stopped eating by that Friday morning which was the 5th day and I was experiencing very bad indigestion. I took Gas X and Pepcid AC but no relief at all! I have gone on 4 days with no appetite and I’m getting concerned because of being a Type 2 diabetic. I really think this medication needs to be taken off the market. I have read too many bad reviews with people having the same symptoms. I will definitely NOT be taking this medication again or ever recommend it for anyone to take!!"

Islelassie · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "I am in the UK and the National Health System usually only prescribes it for patients over 31 BMI and I was under that. So had to make a case for trying Trulicity as I was reluctant to go onto insulin injections. I was originally on Metformin but experienced chronic diarrhea so the next step was Glicazide. This on it's own was not effective. I have just had my second injection of Trulicity, and no side effects at all. My Blood sugars went from 11 down to 6 the same day. I am not hungry all the time now so have three low carb meals, and 4 glicazide each day. I lost 2lbs on the first week. I discovered that towards the end of the week my bloods began to creep up but went right down once I took the second injection. I am on the lowest dose at the moment but the diabetic nurse specialist intends to up the dose after a month. Will see how that works out. As of this moment, I am very happy with Trulicity."

Didntitellu · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "My wife was on this mess for 2 weeks. On day 10 she was admitted into the hospital just about dead. It caused multiple issues. Simply unethical to even produce such harmful medications. BEWARE!!! This stuff can literally kill you in a very very very short amount of time."

Jax June 21, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "I took this injection then read some reviews and smugly thought "oh these people must be exaggerating because I feel ok". Then two days after taking it, the trouble began. It's great for people who want to lose weight from vomiting and pooping their entire skeleton and organs out. I've never felt so ill. Worse thing is halfway through this week my sugar levels went higher than pre injection due to not eating or being able to keep down my other meds at all. Not one for me to try again."

Tezza · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "Been on Trulicity for 2 weeks now. Zero side effects, slight elevation in fasting BGL, only to 7-8. Endocrinologist happy enough. Haven't noticed any significant change in appetite. Doctor says it is much better for preventing heart disease. I can't believe what some on here are paying, it's on our Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme and costs less than $40/month - but I am in Australia!"

BergesonMT · Taken for less than 1 month June 20, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "I started using Trulicity on 6/11/19; immediately I saw impressive results with my glucose numbers. I also experienced a rapid decrease in appetite. I track my calories in very closely and I could barely get 700 calories a day for the first week. By day 5 I was vomiting with terrible stomach cramps in the early morning (5am). However, my glucose numbers remained 99-140 the entire first week. On 6/18 I took my second dose of Trulicity. The next day I could barely function my stomach was in so much pain. I have been nauseated just about every day since my initial intake. I haven't had a bowel movement in 13 days. And my stomach felt like a soda bottle shaken up and someone was slowly twisting off the cap. Today I called my doctor with my side effects and they want me off of Trulicity and back on slow acting Lantus."

Mike · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 20, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "Numbers going down, I have not yet had retest A1C yet. It burns a lot at injection site"

Chub · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 17, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "I've been taking the Trulicity for over a year, I started developing back pains and my belly seems to be getting bigger. I would go the the ER saying am I getting a stroke or heart attack? Another time I told them that it feels like my body is vibrating. Was in the ER twice in March 2019..had an endoscopy Dr said to stop using Trulicity, that it was affecting my pancreas. It has been almost 3 months and the body aches and pain ,including the breast have subsided. I was having anxiety, also gas and frequent stools...my body felt like it was being taken over with silicone, and poisoning my body."

MJ · Taken for less than 1 month June 16, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "Today is day 4 after I took trulicity along with Motivyst. I have never been so sick. Have severe nausea, vomiting, loose motions and energy levels are at an all time low. I stopped Motivyst and feel so much better already so I will see if I want to continue trulicity. I did loose 2 kgs in 4 days.. but that could be because of eating less and the multiple times I had to pee. Sugars maintained at 100-130 for the last 3 days ..but off Motivyst it's hovering around 170 random."

P · Taken for less than 1 month June 16, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "Avoid at all costs unless you want to feel very poorly! On 1st day of taking it i felt light headed. 2nd day I was puking up and had harsh abdominal pains. 3rd day I felt very bloated and was letting out burps that smelt like sewage. The bloating is causing me pains from my lower abdomen to my chest. Also got bad Diarrhea flushing out lots of water. I am on the 6th day after having my 1st injection and am still very bloated and in pain. Will not be taking Trulicity again!"

Dee · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "Very easy to use, minor side effects of diarrhea and gas but my blood sugars have stabilized. Also taking Synjardy. I’ve been on both for going on a month and a half. My out of pocket cost is high because of my deductible but I have no complaints about this medication"

B.J. · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "Took one dose of trulicity eight days ago. I’m still very sick to my stomach, and the fatigue is frightening. Needless to say no more for me. I will say it control my sugar very good, but definitely not worth it ."

Happy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 12, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "I started Trulicity 6 months ago the drug works great but instead of losing weight I have gained over 13 pounds, has this happened to other patients???? I eat the same and exercise daily, I don't know what I can do to stop the weight gain, I have not been the heavy in years."

BB · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 10, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "I have been using Trulicity for two months. I had two bouts of diarrhea but other than that all has been good. The injections are so painless sometimes I have to check to see it went in! No side effects. I don't know if I've lost weight but my appetite is much smaller. I don't have extreme highs or lows anymore. I am happy with Trulicity!"

Ellwood · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 8, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "Type 2 diabetic for 15 years. Work hard dieting and exercise to manage condition and weight, took Bydureon for 2 years with major blood sugar swings, nausea, etc. Bydureon used a huge injector with big gauge needle that was awful to inject once a week. Use culminated in a bad sugar crash putting me in ER with blood sugar below 50. Doctor put me on Trulicity with Metformin. Much easier to inject (thinner, smaller needle/pen, no pre-mixing), very little nausea 1st 2 weeks of use, no other negative side effects aside from much more frequent urination. Lost about 20 lbs in 2 months, AIC dropped to about 6.7 from previous average of 8. Had to drop it this year due to new insurance not covering it. Cost is outrageous out of pocket running $650 to $3k *per month*! AIC, weight, etc now skyrocketing."

magma · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 8, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "I'm not sure how to rate Trulicity. It's done a great job in reducing blood sugar (my blood sugar is 146 average down from almost 200 average). A1C is 7.1 down from 8.7 in 3 months and 6 shots of .75mg Trulicity in the last month and a half. I've experienced no discomfort from taking the shots, I most often feel nothing and rarely the faintest prick of the needle. The downside is the side effects that I've had outrageous gas, vomiting, and diarrhea. Side effects start 2-3 days after taking the shot and can last up to 5 days so far. I'm going to reduce and change my diet to see if that reduces the side effects or I'll have to try something else."

mizlori13 · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 7, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "I have been on Trulicity for about 13 months. At first, I experienced nausea and loss of appetite. I lost 13 pounds within about the first 6 weeks! I took nausea medicine to help me get through the nausea symptoms. But it did help my A1C drop from 9.3 to 6.6. After several months, my symptoms subsided and I seemed to be on an even keel. My appetite returned and I gained weight back. All of a sudden, for the last 5 weeks, I have been sick as a dog! The nausea has returned, I have indigestion and belching like never before, and stomach pain. I am miserable. I am constipated, I am fatigued, and my kidney specialist tells me the Trulicity is causing my problems. I took my last injection 2 days ago, and the rest of it is going in the trash!!! No more for me."

MLV · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 5, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "After 3 months on Trulicity for type 2 diabetes I've gained 10lb. My stomach hurts/cramps. The worst is the FATIGUE , I've not been physical in 2 months which would account for the weight gain. My daily insulin use is the same or a bit higher since I'm not able to leave my porch, the yard work and lake activities are non existent using this drug."

Jon · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 3, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide): "8 months of using this Trulicity and still I do not look forward to the painful shot each week. It is like being stung by wasp after the self injecting mechanism drives an oversized needle into my body. Trulicity apparently in an effort to maximize their profits opted not to use one of the more gentler delivery systems already available (Victoza and others). I am reviewing my options for future prescriptions. Damn, I have to be shot up again this evening! Also, without the coupon it unaffordable for most working households."