User Reviews for Dulaglutide

Also known as: Trulicity

Learn more about Dulaglutide.

Diabetes, Type 2 190 reviews 139 medications

Summary of Dulaglutide reviews 190 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Dulaglutide

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "In the beginning I had some diarrhea and belly issues...that subsided after a few days. I only have one reaction to it now and that is I get an itchy hive at the injection site about 12 hours after I use it. It goes away within a few hours, I'm not worried. It has lowered my HA1C's like a charm. I LOVE this injection, I feel fuller longer, I no longer crave sugar, I've lost 25 pounds without really trying and I have no side effects at all. One tip...to ease the burn of the shot I put it in a cup of warm water so it comes up past room temperature. Also I use the coupon on the website to pay for it."

Melijm January 23, 2017

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This was my 4th week taking trulicity .75 the 1st two wks went ok, the 3rd week I started having severe pains in my stomach, severe nausea, hives, diarrhea. The 4th week was the same but worse, I broke out in hives from my head to my feet, had welts all over me, I just got back from the hospital last night because of it. And it's still doing the same thing the next morning, I wake up with severe stomach pains, nausea I belch an tastes like rotten eggs, diarrhea, and the itching, hives everywhere! ! Ended up having to take prednisone and benedryl for the hives rash, Zofran and acid reducers for the sickness and vomiting. It makes food lay in my stomach and doesn't let it digest. Please DO research on this medicine if it is offered!!"

Becky v (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2017

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Trulicity (.75) for about 6 weeks. Has lowered blood sugar about 25 points. Will get A1C in two weeks. The first shot left me with nausea and upset stomach. That has passed and now I have no stomach problems. I take shot at night and am fine by next morning. It has left me with joint pain in my hands. This pain started the first week and I still have some joint pain. I keep hoping it will go away. I will see what happens in the next few weeks. I noticed in reviews that other people also had joint pain. Do any of these people have information on how long the pain lasts?? In talking with drug company and pharmacist, no one has any information on this issue. I have lost about 10 pounds."

Terry age 70 January 19, 2017

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been on Trulicity 1.5 for a few months now. I'm Type 1 so I also take humalog and tresiba. I have a love/hate relationship with Truclicity. It definitely helps with my sugars and weight loss. I don't have to take a much insulin when I'm on it. However, I have random nausea, weakness, and fatigue. Seems lately that it's happening more often. It's hard for me to get things done during the day because of the side effects. So I'm trying to decided if its worth staying on it."

Plhf (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 16, 2017

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This medicine is awesome! Some stomach issues in the beginning (nausea, indigestion). They do not persist after a few weeks. My mood has improved, as well as less of an appetite. I uave not had any hypoglycemic events. Let your dose get to room temperature before injection."

Porkbelly11 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2017

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Took this have been sick all week from one dose and I will be glad when it wears off and I will be not taking any more. I had heart burn, an upset stomach, felt so full and sick especially when I eat. No more of this stuff - one dose enough."

Ding bat January 15, 2017

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My blood sugar went down first injection. It continues to be 7 or below morning and two hours after meals. I felt full and think sometimes I didn't eat enough. My weight dropped and continues. I am now on my 2nd month and for two days I have felt more hungry which I hope will change because I want to progress with weight loss. I have had next to no side effects. I feel better now but sometimes dizzy if I bend down for instance. I think this is an amazing drug and I feel sure I can get my weight down to target."

B Nixon (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2017

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My experience after six weeks has been wonderful but scary at the same time. The drug makes me sick for a few days where I feel like I've been put through a tunnel. After that it kind of reduces the rest of the week. It does make me feel light-headed but not overly dizzy. I will update later. So far so good."

Zippy da glipity (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2017

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I had my first dose. A day ago. I didn't and haven't had any side effects, Didn't even feel the needle, I'm an emotional eater. I eat if I see them eating in a movie. Good commercial, someone putting on a recipe, read a book that has food in it, eat breakfast, between lunch and supper, and bedtime. One thing I've noticed is that, today, I have not thought about food, I'm not hungry. Even with seeing food on tv. So I'm wondering if this also works on your mind. Dr.put me on it to get my sugar down, it was 11.3, 10.4, 9.5. 8.3. And now my a1c went back up to 9.3. And I been battling my weight, and my Dr.is also a Weight loss Dr. So feeling great, and I feel different, but seems like my mind has different thinking of that makes sense."

CracklinNut (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2017

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking Trulicity for 12 weeks and lost 8lbs and my sugars are the lowest they have ever been. I have not had an A1C done since I started this medication but I am sure it has dropped. I do experience some of the side effects such as nausea and tiredness and I have no appetite at all and when I do eat I am full very quickly. I am on the higher dose and I have reduced the amount of Lantus I take by 20units daily. I do experience morning lows a lot more but a glass of OJ helps. I am anxious to see my doctor and get an A1C done."

bettycrocker57 January 5, 2017

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on 1.75 for 10 months and I will never give this up. Sure the stomach was forced into a new appetite. But once I stopped any fried foods, cheese and a few other irratations, the stomach was happy. Funny thing was my mind stopped craving cheese and fried foods. Totally gone from things I think about eating. Thursday is my dose day. Wednesday night I have huge appetite, but still for good stuff. Lost 20 pounds, a1c down and blood pressure down. But best of all I am no longer with irritable bowels . No more cycles of loose and diarrhea. I feel my intestines are happy and I am absorbing minerals and nutrients now."

Gerri c (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 24, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "A truly great medicine, pardon the pun! Helped me lower my blood sugar numbers immensely. Insurance doesn't cover it, so won't be on it long, but it has made a huge difference in my quality of life. My GP hooked me up with samples otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford it."

BucsBilly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 16, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took Trulicity .75 for about 6 months and it was great! Lowered my A1C from 10 to 7.8! My doctor thought I should try the 1.5mcg dose to see if I could lower my A1C a little more. I have been on the higher dose for just over 2 months now and am not well. I have headaches 2-3 days a week and diarrhea and tired all the time it seems. I am scheduled to recheck my A1C soon, so will see if it is worth the 'sick' feelings."

ALOT (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 15, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Took the first dose of trulicity 1.5 Friday 12/09/2016. Saturday was fine. blood sugar was ok. Taking with 75 units of Lantus in AM and PM. Sugars are much better (97 this morning). Side effects are real for me though. But they are side effects I have been getting occasionally for the past year, before I started on Trulicity. The major issue for me is stomach cramps, gas(both ends). Sulfur burbs are really really bad. Tons of gas. I vomited once - and felt much better after doing so. Since I was experiencing these side effects randomly over the past year, I wonder if it's the lantus - with Trulicity magnifying it. Pure speculation. at this point. Dr for another dose tomorrow. I will take it and see what the next week brings."

Diamond Dave (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been using Trulicity 1.5 for almost one year (started February?). Super easy, nearly painless injections 1x week. Sometimes stomach hurts or a tad bit of decreased appetite. However, nothing serious, nothing at all like the horrid Bydureon. That was THE most aweful injections I have ever done and refuse to ever use that again! Trulicity along with a small amount of Levemir and metformin have my blood sugars where they should be. My biggest complaint is the cost. OMG!! The drug manufacturers are gouging us all!!"

Mitzi359 December 15, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I'm constipated all the time. (I was eating 40+ grams of fiber a day) - so I am absolutely miserable on this. My blood sugars are lower, but only because I can't eat. If I eat anything healthy at all, I get sick. I cannot lay down at night because the heartburn is so bad. The first thing I do every morning is throw up. The only time I don't have nausea is if I eat refined flour or sugar - which is not what I want to do. I constantly have cramps, feel like I have the flu, and overall my quality of life has gotten worse since I started. I don't know why my doctor won't let me go to mealtime insulin instead of this."

AuntK (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I am into my 10th week. The first couple of weeks I had massive painful cramping for 2 days following injection. A little bit of diarrhea. Third week onward no issues. My glucose before ran from 180 to 250 now it is 112 to 156. I feel great. Have been able to increase my exercise due to increased energy. I have also lost my appetite and cant eat much. I have lost 3 pounds in the last 10 weeks. I take my dose every Friday in the evening."

Bill 53 years old (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "It makes my stomach cramp and haven't lost as much weight as I had hoped"

anicka December 14, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Glad to see I'm not alone in the side effects. I started with ,75 for two weeks and seemed to be doing okay with some of the side effecst but tolerable enough for me to go to the next level which was the increased dosage of 1.5. Mistake! I had severe nausea, diarrhea, and some vomiting for the whole week. I felt like I was taking an endless colonoscopy prep. On the advise of my Dr. I did not take the next injection and waited a full week to feel better. This week I restarted the lower dose again and am hoping for the best. If this remains tolerable and once my A1C have been re- tested again I may only need the lower dose. Keeping my fingers crossed. I did lose a couple of lbs during the week of horror. Will keep you posted."

AliHam (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been on this drug about four weeks now, just gave my fourth injection yesterday. First injection wasn't that bad, felt nauseated for two days, lost appetite had to remind myself to eat but I was fine rest of the week, and such a remarkable improvement on my blood glucose results.Second injection, was very nauseated but no vomit on first day, second day, woke up at 4am feeling sick to my stomach, shaking, sweating, my BS was 130mg/dl. Vomited like endless then was fine again rest of the week. Third injection , felt much better a little nausea first two days then fine. I've lost 4lbs in four weeks, my BS number's averages 110's, A1C dropped from 8.4 to 7.2 in three weeks. It's a very expensive drug but I think it's worth to try."

Deniz,RN December 14, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "1 year using. Its been frustrating for 2 or 3 times. The mechanical action of the pen taken in belly area failed to inject. I now use thighs and arm areas only. Have used and enjoyed this med. Thanks"

Yousuk December 14, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been on Trulicity for about a year. Started with .75 but now up to the 1.5 dose weekly. I find that my side effects actually come and go. I will go weeks without the sulfur burps, but then out of nowhere they will show up again (like now). It's done a great job lowering my A1C, but be careful not to overeat, or your body will be unhappy. Unable to find the sulfur burp trigger but still looking. For me, the benefits outweigh the negatives."

HazelBrown (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 13, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started the injection last week on Wednesday fine until Thursday morning then the nausea hit! Thanks goodness I work with doctors as they gave me zofran which helped only had to take it once the rest of the week. I have felt queasy with no appetite lost about six pounds and having to make my self eat. Scared to take the next one today but my blood sugar is down and I am losing so I guess I will take it. Started on the low 75 dose last week and this week then suppose to up it to 1.5 ?"

Aj12345 December 7, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Very very bad experience with this medicine. Within three days experienced severe nausea diarrhea and vomiting. I have been at home recovering for two days now. Going to call the doctor to get off this stuff!!!"

Tlhflyer (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have no appetite and I do have nausea. I have lost 11 pounds this month. I did miss 1 week of work because I had no energy and felt like I had the flu."

RichHall December 5, 2016