User Reviews for Dulaglutide

Also known as: Trulicity

Learn more about Dulaglutide.

Diabetes, Type 2 278 reviews 141 medications

6.1
Summary of Dulaglutide reviews 278 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Dulaglutide

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on this injection for 6 weeks now.... the first injection I did in my thigh and it hurt like hell, the following injections I did in my tummy and didn't feel a thing. I have had an upset tummy, but nothing that I can't put up with, as the benefits have outweighed that. I have a real food addiction and I have lost interest in food and have to make myself eat, so my blood doesn't go too low. My sugar has dramatically improved, I have more energy, I have lost weight, and suddenly I have motivation back. I would recommend the medication, but it seems it depends on the reaction to your own body if people can use it or not."

Jess1972 June 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Trulicity for 15 months now and am very happy with the results (1.5), but don't like the side effects. For the first 2 months, I was sick for 1 or 2 days after each injection, with vomiting and diarrhea. But after that, I only had the nausea and vomiting once every month or two. I do still have loose bowel movements fairly often. I have neuropathy in my feet and hands so I am very happy with my lower a1c (last one was 4.6). My endo has lowered my preprandial humalog and levemir to keep my blood sugar up around 90 to 100. I was having lots of sub-50 blood sugars."

williep (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "September 2016 I tried the higher dose but could not tolerate it. Recently my doctor had me try the lower dose. I was able to tolerate it and then titrate to the higher dose. Initially the nausea and indigestion were significant but I waited it out and it got better. I lost 8 pounds the first month. Had I not started on the lower dose there is no possible way I could have used the medication. My sugars average 112 over the past month and those are not even fasting. I really like the medication. It's a matter of just toughing it out."

Steftx2001 June 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Trulicity for four months and could not be happier. My A1c has dropped from 8.1 to 6.0 and I have lost 16 pounds. My first couple of shots made me fell a little blah the day of the shot but passed by the next day. Other than that and a curb in appetite I have had no other side effects."

asprince June 20, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I wanted to learn about side effects and effectiveness. I appreciate the posts. My experience: I am only on day 3, first shot on Sunday. I have been extremely tired, unable to sleep more than an hour at a time. I toss and turn at night. I can't hardly eat, which is good, as I tend to overeat, or eat when I am not even hungry. My Dr. told me to not eat sugar, rice, bread, potatoes, etc. I haven't, so I have had none of the side effects of loose bowels or vomiting, however, I am only on day 3. I have to make myself eat. I feel nauseous most of the time. I tried to choke down eggs this morning with little luck. I am hoping to get down 30+lbs so I don't have to be on insulin as my a1c is borderline."

somewhereinOK (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "The day after my first injection, I was so exhausted that I slept the entire day. Two days after injection, I vomited all day. I'm currently on day 3 with extreme nausea and diarrhea. I will not do this again! This is horrible!"

AmyM123 June 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I think Trulicity may have been responsible for my husband's death. He died within 3 months of his first use of this product. Became sick the very first day of his first injection."

Tkwhite4 June 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "On week 6. Doing well, was pressing to hard and injections hurt but figured it out. Find I have a bit of stomach ache after injection but 1 Gin-Gin ginger candy and it's fine. Also found I can't eat anything with tomato sauce until a few days later or my stomach hurts."

Gabryyl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My first 2 weeks were awful! Nausea, constipation, extreme stomach ache, loss of appetite and a muscle spasms on my trapezoid, missed a few days of work and one emergency room visit for the muscle spasm. The third week was a whole lot better, and now I'm 2 months in have lost 30 lbs! Little to no side effects, and feel great! blood sugar numbers are no higher than 98 and they stay stable pretty much all day"

DR. LUVA June 14, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Trulicity for 10 weeks. The first month I lost 13lb but nothing more. I still get a headache the day after the shot and a little upset stomach. Still helps my cravings a lot. Just wondering if aggravation, is a sign. Just statred doing this about 2 weeks ago.. my sugar has dropped low to where I start to shake and feel sick to my stomach. I feel like it has helped."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Addendum to May 31st post: I'm still taking Trulicity .75 mg/.5 mL dosage, approaching week 5. My blood sugars continue to improve; fasting blood sugars 110-130; 2-hour post meal blood sugars <160. I've noticed that I have to carry a snack with me at all times because I've had several low blood sugars ranging 65-80 without symptoms. I continue to decrease my dosage of Levemir and at times I do not take Novolog. Overall, I am pleased with this medication. My appetite has decreased. I've lost 6 lbs in 4 weeks along with exercise and smaller portion sizes. No diarrhea or stomach upset. I do have a mild headache almost daily. Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration. I'm sure my Doctor will be pleased with my next A1c."

deren-Oh (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I am a Pre Diabetic and overweight and was prescribed this to help lose some wieght. In my opinion this drug is horrible. Took my 1st and ONLY injection Thursday come Friday night I could barely move. My stomach and sides were so sore. Saturday I slept all day had low grade fever, severe stomach pains, nausea, loss of appetite, headache. Sunday I went to ER because I got worse and couldn't take the stomach pain. Dr said it was a reaction from this drug. He gave me fluids due to dehydration from explosive diarrhea and morphine for severe pain. Today I left work early because not only am I having horrible diarrhea I am vomiting like crazy. Low grade fever again. I feel so sick. I would not recommend this medication at all. Of course your going to drop weight from vomiting n diarrhea."

Rebecca1979 (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was so excited about taking trulicity because a friend of mine has been taking it and has lost 70 lbs and has been taken off insulin. When I got home from the doctor with my four week samples I sat down and took my first dose then about 8 hrs laters I'm on the toilet puking my guts out. I broke out in a cold clammy sweat... cold water was actually pouring off my face but even though I was cold and clammy, my skin felt like it was being burned by a blow torch. The literature says that nausea will subside after a couple of weeks but you couldn't pay me to take it again. I sure hope others don't have this experience because it seems to work...good luck to all"

Esrh1967 June 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I am on my 6th week with Trulicity .75 and Janumet 50/1000. My numbers have vastly improved. I had been on the Janumet alone for a while but that made me have some terrible stomach issues. I had asked the doctor if I could discontinue the Janumet, but because my A1C was 12, she said not yet. The last 2 weeks though, and especially this last week, the stomach issues have returned and seem to have worsened. I will discuss this with my doctor but was wondering if anyone else has had this or a similar experience."

Trulicity/Janumet (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've taken 4 shots of this med and it's a wonder drug to me. My fasting sugars used to be 140-200 now numbers are 85-120. I've had zero issues with this med I also take invokana I'm very pleased"

Teresa72 May 31, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been DM Type 2 for 15 years and in the last 2 years taking Levemir, Novolog and Janumet. My last A1c was 9.1. I started having abdominal upset and diarrhea from the Metformin in the Janumet, so my Doctor took me off of Janumet He started me on once weekly Trulicity (.75 mg) 2 weeks ago. Already I've seen significant changes in my blood sugars: 110-140 (fasting) and 85-170 (post meals). As a result, I'm taking 1/2 the dosage of Levemir and less Novolog prior to meals. I'm hoping to come off insulin. After starting Trulicity, I had some upper abdominal soreness and stomach cramping, but those symptoms have improved. I have NOT had any diarrhea or nausea. My appetite has decreased because I feel full all the time. So far so good!"

deren-Oh May 31, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I initially started the higher dose September 2016 but couldn't handle the side effects, such as nausea and indigestion. I went for my yearly with my pcp and she started me on the lower dose. It's almost the end of week one and I feel much better than I did on the higher dose. By day 3 I was a little tired and my appetite was really decreased. The nausea is tolerable. I've lost 3 lbs over the past week. My sugars are much better. I suggest that if you can't tolerate the higher dose definitely try the lower one. I also take Metformin ER 1000mg twice a day. My A1C was 6.2% before adding the Trulicity."

Steftx2001 (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Initial use info and review. Little dizzy and nausea the first day. So far, blood sugar readings are dropping. Was around 107-117. Now at 83. A1C is at 6.7. Looking forward to dropping THAT number. Next A1C read is in mid July. No other adverse affects so far. (This "Anti-Spam" verification is ridiculous)"

MWatkins228 (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Just started Trulicity last week. I was on Metformin for years and just couldn't take the upset stomach anymore. Also, my numbers would bottom out when I was doing well with my diet and exercise. I was petrified to try Trulicity because of the reviews and the possibility of thyroid cancer. But after a lot of research I decided to try. I feel great, no horror stories about stomach problems, my numbers are steady and low and I feel great. My supervisor is going to be so thrilled that I don't have to run home 3 or 4 times a month with terrible stomach problems. I am hoping this continues."

Kkristie#1 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Love this stuff. Week 6. Transitioned from .75 to 1.5 last injection. Love the appetite suppression. After 1 month, A1C went from 9.4 to 7.6. Expecting to be around 6.5, 30 days from now. Lost 10 lbs so far (most of it in the last week). Learning how to eat right with the drug. Getting used to being happy with small portions. Anticipation much weight loss. Again, I love this drug."

Optmizr (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Type II for about three years. Has been somewhat uncontrolled for two years. On 2000 mg Metformin and started Trulicity two weeks ago. Both weeks, on day 3 after the shot, I've experiencing severe nausea and headache for about 4 hours. Other side effects are minimal, but annoying. I'm optimistic that side effects will go away over time as they did with Metformin. The medication is working though, my fasting AM blood sugars have been in the 170-200 range and this morning it was 115."

Horselegs (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Trulicity 0.75 for a little over a year. I seem to be nauseated and have headaches each week on the day after. When I first started taking Trulicity it was more like 3-4 days of feeling sick, with horrible headaches. My A1C went from 13 to an 8, (also taking Tresebia daily) and haven't noticed any side affects, with the exception that when I would take both shots first thing I the morning (on opposite side). I find that when taking both of these medications I take Tresebia first thing in the morning everyday, and Trulicity around noon (once per wk.) making sure to shoot them on opposite sides, this has so far helped with the nausea and headaches. Also sipping on lemon water with crushed ice. Hope this helps."

Ranelson71 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 23, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I just started Trulicity on yesterday around 8am by noon I was feeling a little nauseous. I slept on and off all day. Today I'm not as queezie I ate two boiled eggs for breakfast so I could take my metformin I've had two bananas and a half of a peanut butter n jelly sandwich. For dinner I cooked green beans fish and rice I fixed a small portion and could barely get it down. It has really suppressed my appetite. It's weird how I can think of certain foods and feel sick. I'll keep you posted from week to week."

Nikeba May 22, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "On week 2 I have bad cramps, very constipated, nausea and horrible burping, my sugar is down but idk how long I can hang in."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have lost 34 pounds over the past six months with not a lot with not a lot of effort - this drug is made a big difference in my life. My appetite has decreased which is amazing to me."

Debbie Decker (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2017