User Reviews for Dulaglutide

Also known as: Trulicity

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Dulaglutide.

Diabetes, Type 2

Summary of Dulaglutide reviews 6.0 364 reviews

Reviews for Dulaglutide

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My A1C was a 10 at my last appointment. We discussed different options and Trulicity was the chosen one. With a 2 week starter pack I gave it a try. My numbers have been great when I eat right. Pasta is not my friend. But I have had only a few nausea spells, they were short lived. I have lost a few pounds and am not hungry at all. I have to make myself eat. It's wonderful so far. I could not afford the drug, so need to get sample or something So blessed. '"

KayN February 16, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started Trulicity in December 2017. My A1c was 7.6 taking Glipizide and Onglyza. Stopped Glipizide and added Trulicity, my A1c was 6.7 last month and down to 6.1 today. I have lost about 15 lbs and no side effects whatsoever."

Marula (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I gave myself the first shot 3 days ago and I quickly felt nauseous but I was able to handle it. Woke up the next morning and began to vomit. I had to miss work since I was not feeling well and felt nauseous all day. The next morning I threw up again. The nausea is ok today but my ribs hurt and stomach feels sore I guess it is because of the vomiting. Then I went to pee and it looks blood orange but I could be dehydrated so I am drinking water now. But I have no appetite and I lost like 5 lbs these past five days. I am happy about that but I regret testing out this medicine it is horrible."

I hate this (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My doctor was insisting on trying this one and gave 0.75 dosage samples for 2 weeks. As soon as you inject the medication you will feel dizzy, and disoriented. From Day 1 -3 there is a constant burning feeling on left side of the chest. Possible due to inflammation of pancreas. Diarrhea, vomiting also happens. These side effects lasts 4-5 days. It affects your work as you won't be able to concentrate on anything. Any little alcohol you take during the week will make you sick almost immediately. Please ask doctor for samples for few weeks and try and decide if you want to be on this medication. Also one of the side effect is erectile disfunction and lose interest in sex. It did bring down the blood sugar levels to 120 from 160 range, also assist in weight lose as you will loose interest in eating any food. The side effects outweigh any benefits of this medicine. Looks like FDA rushed to approve this medicine without enough study on the side effects and trials."

Foster Sharma February 8, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Trulicity has changed my life tremendously! I have been a diabetic for about 25 years and have tried everything from oral meds, insulin, exercise and diet but could never reach an A1C level under 8 and I never felt good. I started taking Truclicity in February 2017 with an A1C at 10.6. When I first started, the only side effect I experienced was a little nausea in the mornings but that didn't last long at all. After the 1st couple of weeks, I noticed a change in my appetite such that I didn't want or couldn't eat a lot at one time which resulted in losing a few pounds. As I continued to take the med, I noticed by blood sugar readings going down. At my first follow up meeting, after 3 months of taking the med, my A1C had dropped to 8.2, then next visit 7.6. By this time I had lost about 15 pounds. Today, 1 year later, I am 25 pounds lighter and my ALC is 6.6. Now that I feel so much better, I started exercising and enjoying life a lot more. I love this drug! it works for me!"

Anonymous February 7, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "The first 48 hours after my injection I burp a sulfur smell that leaves me nauseated. I also have to raise my heat in my house as I’m often cold. Some weeks I’m not hungry and wonder if the dose is the same in every injection. I’ve been taking this medicine for 5 months now and it’s the only prescription medicine I take. I’m extremely happy with the results as I lost weight."

Rach002 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Trulicity.75 for 3 months and I lost 20 pounds. I actually like the meds. I have no side effects at all and my numbers are great. My A1c was 9 and after 2 months on Trulicity it’s down to 6.9. My readings are never above 120. I also take invokamet- no issues with that either. However metformin was awful."

Kle0987 February 2, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "It was hard to get used to at first the nausea was so bad the first 3 days after being putting on it. Now I've been taking it for about 9 months now and I've dropped about 40 pounds. My sugars have never been better. I still have nausea here and there or when I eat greasy food but other than that I really like it."

Dorysmar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Pen malfunctioned 4 days ago. I never heard the 2nd click when the needle retracts, after leaving it in my leg for a full minute I took it out and the needle never had retracted. Thus, I had no idea if I got the med or not, or part of it, or none of it. It's been 4 days and my blood sugars are much higher than had I gotten the full dose. I usually run highs of 140 on trulicity and this week they have been highs of 280. I'm upset with Eli Lilly the manufacturer for not having better safe guards against this sort of issue. This is scary and should not happen...Eli Lilly yippy need better quality assurance standards!"

Krismariek January 15, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "The risk is far more greater than, benefit. Their are no cures. Better off with the regular insulin , and managed eating. We all are fooled and baffled over marketing. Commons sense, tells us no. Drug company put twist on common sense and how their drugs work (CEO of a drug company wouldn’t use trulicity). It is only profit they want. Don't forget they took regulations and protection agency away for corporations for profit. Don’t buy what you see on tv. "

Keane55 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Trulicity for 4 years now. Never had any side effects. I was first put on Metformin with little results. A new doctor came in and said to try Jardiance once a day and to use Trulicity once a week. Great results!! I can even cheat some. Love it!"

Cacspears123 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have tried many meds for blood sugar. My A1C was averaging 13 and after taking trulicity on my first 3 month check up my A1C dropped to 6.4. The only side effect I have had is a mild upper body rash. I have gained a little weight but just need to get out more. My appetite is good and no tummy problems. I have been on it now for 5 months and cant wait to go to my next check up."

bailey2371 January 4, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started the medicine two weeks ago and the diarrhea is so severe it caused internal pain, swelling and whatever else I can’t see with the visual eye in my rectal area. Sometimes I can’t walk or sit and it’s painful even I’m laying down. This drug needs to come off the market. Many of the reviews are the same or worse than mine. If you’re undecided on rather to try or continue this medication, take it from ALL these reviews DON'T!"

QRMRB (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2017

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Might as well inject water. I know I was getting medicine because of sting as it was injected but blood sugar readings went up instead of down. After 3 months I was experiencing vision problems and diabetic neuropathy in my legs. I went back to my previous medicine and saw immediate improvement. I see the doc tomorrow but don't see Trulicity in my future. Side effects were initially a bit challenging but reduced over time. Lost from 177 to 172 over three months. I'm not overweight."

Burgiej December 27, 2017

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started this a week ago and have been so sick . The nausea is the worst but also have had flatulence, belching and some diarrhea . I also keep breaking out in a cold sweat. I'm due another dose tomorrow and I'm a little scared to take it ."

Cyndi58 (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been on trulicity for 2 weeks now for my PCOS/ pre diabetic. I was petrified to try it because I'm afraid of needles and I read every side effect and review I could find. But I desperately need to lose weight and lower my blood sugar before I get diabetes and it is suppose to help my PCOS symptoms, so I did it. It barely hurt at all, stung a little after. And I have almost no bad side effects. I've been on metformin for 4 months and only lost 6 pounds but been on trulicity and metformin for two weeks and I lost 12 pounds so far! and I'm barely ever hungry. The hair on my face has slowed a lot and the insulin rejection ring on my neck is almost gone! Hoping I can lose the weight and get off of it one day with out gaining it back and keep to a strict diet instead."

Olaolaayye December 22, 2017

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Please don't take the side effects lightly if you experience them. I took two doses (two weeks) and experienced some stomach issues the first week. The second week started as the same kind of stomach pain, but it was more than just the nausea. The medication was causing problems with my pancreas and I ended up being hospitalized."

Gchicklet (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2017

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Awful heartburn, belching, headaches, nausea, and absolutely no appetite, lost over 7lbs in 4 weeks, could not afford to lose weight. Worst medication I have ever been on. Only good thing about it was it did bring down my blood sugar levels."

Gerry 73 December 14, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Doctor is fixated on my losing weight and gave me samples. Took my first 1.5 injection last Saturday and will never take another. Have had bloating, nausea, cramping, vomiting and constipation since Sunday evening. Have lost eight pounds but only because all I can keep down is peppermint tea and soda crackers. It has left me with zero appetite and I actually experienced a bad blood sugar low because I never experience hunger...thought I was having an anxiety attack then realized I had not eaten all day. Crazy, scary stuff."

BMIBad December 14, 2017

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I began Trulicity 4 weeks ago. The first week anything I ate with too much fat sent me immediately to the bathroom. After a week, that side effect went away. I started with the .75mg for two weeks. The last two weeks I am now injecting the 1.5mg dose. Two days after injecting I have had an episode of low blood sugar, the sweats and very tired. It only lasts a day and I feel much better with no real side effects after that second day. My readings are improving. I also don't have a lot of cravings and I notice I do eat less."

Jingle Bells December 14, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: "This is the best best medicine for me, I lost 15 kilos in three months, with no side effects at all, just I was eating in small portions and feel full, everything was normal and my life was wonderful with this amazing trulicity, and my mood was great too, I didn't feel anything wrong, this trulicity is miracle for me, and I stopped now and do sports and I am eating everything but with control, thank you soooo much for the company and wish all the best for this gold company."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2017

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My mothers doctor prescribed this to her. She told him after taking it, it made her feel funny and she didn't like it. He told her her body has to get used to the new meds. The next week she took the prescribed dosage, she felt dizzy, started seizing, and went into cardiac arrest. She passed away within an hour of taking that drug."

Kita2 (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2017

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "The first day after the shot, I felt lethargic and so very tired. The loss of appetite is the first thing that is apparent. I am having bowel issues, but I consider the trade off worth it. My sugar was 232 and is now between 92-158 depending on what I had for dinner the night before. Rice seems to make things bad. I have been on Trulicity for a month now and with the help of a calorie counter (Myfitnesspal) I have lost 20 lbs and feel so much better. I did develop a bit of inflammation in the third week, but it didn't last long, and who is to say it was related to Trulicity. Overall, its really keeping my appetite at bay, which was unheard of before. I love this drug."

CCperez December 11, 2017

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "MD says first time A1c is 7.3. Rx Trulicity lowers dose on second week. So far, so good. This is working well...for me. First couple of days had minor sweats and shakiness near meal time or break time, but I just had to eat and it went away. Lost few lbs, that’s good! I don’t think I lose my appetite because my desire to eat still there. I feel the hunger as usual but I can control the portion without feeling the cravings to eat more carbs. And when I eat it is more salads, fruits, vegs and protein with small amount of carbs, it’s still satisfying. Unlike before, I was craving for carbs. Morning fasting glucose check so in range, and my skin too looks so much better and healthier."

Taking control (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2017

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This is week 3 of me taking Trulicity, it started off okay finally seeing blood sugar under 200. Loss of appetite lost a few lbs BUT then came the headaches, orange urine, bad stomach cramps and now my foot has been swollen for a week. I went to the ER they said I was fine could be side effects of the Trulicity and told me to check with my doctor. I was on januvia, glipizide and never these kind of side effects. Metformin makes me so sick. I'm going to my doctor today to prescribe something else as I can't deal with the Trulicity."

Jaylamom365 December 8, 2017