User Reviews for Dulaglutide

Also known as: Trulicity

Learn more about Dulaglutide.

Diabetes, Type 2 163 reviews 138 medications

5.9
Summary of Dulaglutide reviews 163 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Dulaglutide

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Placed on this drug after my insurance changed and didn't cover Saxenda for weight loss anymore. Lost 17 lbs on saxenda in 2 months. So far less side effects than saxenda gave me, haven't vomited once. Nausea is there and I'm tired, but still able to work 70 hour weeks. Still able to eat, just full with less intake which is exactly what I need. Lost 4 lbs this week. Taking alongside metformin 1000mg twice a day. Everyone is different, it just might be worth a shot for you."

Anonymous November 23, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I gave my first shot of trulicity .75 Last Wednesday evening. By Friday I was absolutely sick to my stomach, accompanied by nausea. Finally took nausea medication whiched helped. But later threw up. I have had severe diarrhea any time I eat something. Burping all day and Sunday I could barely get out of bed my energy was not there and my body ached. Unfortunately my 2 kids don't understand so up and out of house I went to buy a Gatorade and I actually felt better after drinking a little. I'm afraid to take my dose tomorrow cause im not sure I can deal with another week of these side effects... But they said to keep with it and your body will adjust.. any advice if this is true?"

Lynn0219 November 23, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started my shot on Saturday November 19,2016 . I was fine the first day on Sunday is when I started to fill nauseous to my stomach. On Monday I started with a burp it's smell like rotten eggs . Today is Tuesday same as Monday :( I hear really good things about this shot but I don't know if my body can handle the nauseated the diarrhea and that stinky smell I've been calling in at work since I've been on this shot and it's only been my first week hopefully my body can handle it , so that I can really see what this shot can do for me , from what I see it helps a lot of people especially with their weight, their numbers and their A1C. I'm going to try to hang in there . I've noticed that my appetite has cut down and I can say now I'm full ."

Adela Fuentes (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Holy moly. I am 4 weeks into this medication and I feel horrid! My doc told me to stick with it. First week I vomited and felt like I had the flu for 4 days. The second injection was just a little motion sickness. The third injection I had horrible diarrhea and non stop vomiting. I just don't know how much more I can take. My blood sugars have been perfect though. I just can't deal with all the vomiting."

OlisMom (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I began this medicine on Thursday ..I was fine until Saturday. Upset stomach..only getting worse after that. I have been going to bathroom off an on all night and all day Sunday.. horrible cramping and gas..I have lost a total of 4 pounds from this.. in the last few days..I am very weak... my blood sugars have come down, but I have only eaten bananas and applesauce and some diet ice cream seems to soothe my stomach temporarily.. I am beyond miserable...I do not recommend this..."

Rebecca K. November 15, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took the smaller dosage of .75 mg, thank god. First two days were fine, then the third day everything went south. Blood sugar was 219 highest I had ever taken. Woke up with upset stomach, then diarrhea for 6-8 hours, then vomiting for 4-6 hours, then cold chills rash that turned to hives from crotch to knees arm pits to elbows, head itched, lips started getting puffy. This was all in 24 hours. It was horrible. Then the next 9 days it took to get completely out of my system. Every day I would have these with less severity. The hives is the only thing that did not reocurr. At times I could not stand any clothes on my body was that sensitive. I found from the Dr. At emergency room the half life of the drug was 5 days. "

Atvrinconrider November 9, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My doctor put me on Trulicity 0.75mg once weekly and it really has made a life saving difference. I have had no symptoms except I've lost 25 pounds in 6 months. My blood sugar levels have all been normal range. I do watch what I eat and have been exercising with my kids at the gym two to three times a week. My dr. Also has me on Januvia 100mg once daily, and metformin 1,000mg twice daily. I feel wonderful and finally I'm down to a size 7."

Tammy_V November 7, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Diabetic for about 2 years. Was originally on Jentadueto.... with what seemed like hypoglycemic effects. Especially if i didn't eat after taking the medicine in the morning. Lost health care coverage and had no way to get medication. Ended up using metformin 500mg BID, blood sugars were in the 250-300 range constantly. occasionally it would be below 170 in the am. Sought out an Endocrinilogist this week. He gave me 6 units insulin and a shot of trulicity. Blood glucose was 299 at the visit...by the time i got home it had dropped to 129. VERY happy! I have felt slight nausea and wasn't sure what it was, but i'm only one day in. No other side effects. Will keep this site posted. Lots of good info.... doc gave a coupon for the med."

RED_Ginger_2016 (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Took 2 doses of .75 trulicity a couple months ago (over 2 weeks) and got severe flu-like symptoms. Nausea, loss of appetite (which was expected), headaches, lethargy. Symptoms didn't start for a few days so it's hard to tell if it is definitely a cause. Stopped taking it and gave my body time to feel normal again to rule out actual flu. Took another shot this Sunday evening and felt fine until Thursday when I woke with all the same flu symptoms again. Now I'm pretty sure it's the trulicity and will not be taking it again."

abensky (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Leaves a big bruise"

RandCamp October 26, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took Trulicity for 7 weeks. This is not a medication for me. Increased pain all over my body. I lost 20 lbs. but I start sweating all the time. I cannot do simply task without sweating. I am doing the dishes and I am wet, I wake up at night 4-5 times all wet even after 8 weeks of not taking Trulicity. After I stopped taking Trulicuty, I gained 18 lbs."

Lobuz October 25, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I'm on my 2nd weeks with Truelicity.0.75 mg..I take my shot every Friday at noon. by Saturday-Sunday night I have diarrhea, and feeling very sick to my stomach /getting sick..& The hearburn I think is the worst side effect of all..Burping every 20 minutes then it feels like my chest is on fire..Alka-Seltzer did help with the heartburn!! Last but not least i'm hardly eating..I maybe take 3 bites of something and i'm done with it..It seems like my taste buds have changed all food is either to sweet or to salty...On the other hand my blood sugar numbers are great..I was taking Tresiba 30 units once a day with metformin 1,000 mgs 2x a day.& my blood sugar numbers were over 280..with truelicity my blood sugar numbers are under 170 after i eat"

Tiffany Birdsong October 24, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was put on Trulicity because I had an allergic reaction to Medformin and Tragenta. I had so much anxiety about taking Trulicity after reading the reviews. I took my first shot on Thursday and today is Sunday. I have had minimal side effects. I felt a little achy in my shoulders and next but it only lasted 2 days. I have not had any of the other side effects. It does curb your appetite but not to where I can not eat. When I would wake up in the morning my readings would range from 140-158 and now that are around 110-115 which is amazing. I would wake up with headaches and no more headaches. I am very pleased with the results and very thankful for minimal side effects."

Nana515 October 23, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "GREAT, no problems at all and the medication works like a charm."

Joe H T October 23, 2016

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I am now on my 2nd shot. The only symptom I had was i got sick one night other than that no symptoms. My endocrinologist put me on Trulicity to help lower my sugar levels and help with weight loss. I am on the lower dose for now then will be bumped to the higher one. The one thing I do like is you can't even feel the needle go in."

Kimberlyrenee October 21, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I take my 6th dose of 0.75 mg Trulicity tomorrow (10/21/16) and I feel great! The first few doses came with some nausea and a little cramping but I was expecting it. Now I don't have cramping or nausea but I notice that my appetite is almost non existent for the first day or two so I just remind myself to eat small healthy meals to keep me from feeling bad. I have lost a total of 18 lbs since starting trulicity 5 weeks ago and I went from my blood sugar averaging 200-300 to having blood sugar levels that range from 80-150. I have more energy and I don't feel like I am in a fog all of the time. It has really made a difference for me so far."

griffith3018 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started taking Trulicity 6 mos ago after having a serious reaction to Bydureon. Beginning stages of diabetes, only Med taken Best thing. Not a symptom. Last Test was 7.1 from 7.8 Hubby was taking bydureon and had Dr switch him to Trulicity. Again no issues. He's due for his A1C1 test"

Bballmom1110 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been on trulicity for a little over a year. A1c has gone from 6.8 to 5.4 and weight from 288 to 240. The only complaint is the constant feeling of being full. It definitely affects your appetite and if you do overeat you feel sick. I'm in the process of tapering off of this drug for something with less side effects. Hopefully a small dose of metformin within a year."

Taraclay78 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 19, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "started trulicity one month ago. daily blood levels are very positive. side effects have been bothersome. very tired second and third day after the shot. can not overeat or stomach discomfort. woozy when first stand up. when i was taken off all meds i felt great but my numbers were high (over 200) in morning. I am going to try the med until i get my a1c reading in december."

carb lover October 18, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been on it for about 3 months. I have a noticeable increase in fatigue, and my appetite is less, sometimes bordering on nausea(not necessarily a bad thing). I can't argue with the results, though. AIC dropped from 7.8 to 6.1 in just a few months."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took my first dose of T. Yestrday. never used any diabetis drugs before. There is definitely a decreased appetite. but to keep sugar level steady you have to eat a little few times a day ..i would say every 2 hours...nuts are good idea, small apple pieces, cut up chicken, yogurt . nothing heavy...people have a diarrhea because you should not have fatty and fried food at all. The only side effect that in have is sudden feeling that i am going to pass out, following a panic attack. I guess my body is adjusting. ill give it a try for a month . i apprieciate everyones input, its so helpfull."

KatArinarinarina October 13, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Best thing I've ever done... Blood sugar is down and no side effects!!"

M.D (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I did my first shot 10 days ago, side effects were the worst I've ever experienced on a medicine....extreme nausea, headache, vomiting and the diarrhea was extreme and very bad smelling with bad smelling sulfur like burps. I thought maybe I caught a bug, but after reading others side effects I'm sure it was the shot. My husband is totally against me taking it again and I'm now agreeing with him. Yeah my sugars went down because I couldn't eat for almost 9 days and nausea medicine didn't help at all. You lose weight because you can't eat. I was really hoping this would help because I don't want to go on insulin. I finally took something for the diarrhea and am feeling almost normal again."

nugentprod (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took my first trulicity shot on Tuesday Sept. 27th. I started feeling VERY tired the next day. I work a 12 hour shift and I could barely make it threw the day. Friday evening I felt very ill. Chills, back pain, and headache. Saturday morning I was ill. Chills, radiating pain from stomach, to back, to my head, numbness in my feet, dizziness, confusion, cotton mouth, shakiness, blurried vision, slurred speech, and a huge lump on right side of neck. Today is Tuesday Oct. 4th and I still feel horrible! I won't take this shot ever again"

SassayJ October 4, 2016

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I'm only a few days in on my 1st injection and can not wait till its gone thru me. I will doubtfully be continuing this med. I was told about the possible nausea and that it usually presents 3-4 days in. To that I timed my dose to not present while I was on shift as I work 4days straight thru @a group home. Well it wasn't 3-4 days in, rather 4 HOURS in. I am working a shift from hell VERY sick. Extreme acid reflux, gas, horrible smelling burps, extreme nausea, headaches and dry heaves as can not eat. Can't even hold down water. Sure! Losing weight is inevitable if you can not even hold down water or eat! With that low #s are a no-brainer if you're unable to eat!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2016