User Reviews for Dulaglutide

Also known as: Trulicity

Learn more about Dulaglutide.

Diabetes, Type 2 240 reviews 140 medications

Summary of Dulaglutide reviews 240 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Dulaglutide

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I switched from Victoza to Trulicity because of nausea. But, when I stopped the victoza, I realized that nausea was the least of my side effects. I had been having pain in my hands and wrists so bad that I was sent for testing to see if I had carpal tunnel or neuropathy. My hands stayed so cold that I was wearing compression gloves all day at work. When I stopped the victoza, the pain stopped completely . Now I am on Trulicity and am having horrible muscle pain in my shoulder, arm and down to my left hand . I have spent a fortune on chiropractic care and massage therapy. I am at a loss on what to do ."

Tinajohnson10211966 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Follow up to my comment on March 4, 2017. I have experienced very little as far as prolonged side-effects. I had my first follow-up with my endocrinologist yesterday; since she put me on Trulicity. My results to date: Blood glucose levels- down Heart rate - normal Blood pressure - perfect Daily Insulin use - way down Money spent on eating- way down WEIGHT - MINUS 30 lbs !!!!!! 2/14/17 weighed 298 4/20/17 weighed 268 Doctor said she had never seen such dramatic weight loss from Trulicity, but she was happy and impressed! Only side effect I have are cold hands and feet (which is rare) but I'll take it!!!! Trulicity is EXACTLY what I needed."

Pharmcop1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Trulicity since January. After taking Metformin for 10 years, along with Januvia the last year, I was having less success controlling my numbers. For the last year I was on Metformin, prescribed by a different provider, I suffered from diarrhea several times a day when she increased it to 1000mg BID and my glucose was not controlled. My current Endocrinologist changed my medications to Glipizide and Trulicity. I had minimal nausea for a couple of days with my first dose of Trulicity. That has been my only side effect. My glucose was under control within one week. Down from over 200 to within normal limits (70-110). After 90 days my a1c was down to 6.8 from 9.1. All of my other labs were normal. I am happy."

Janice2017 April 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Unfortunately after 3 doses I had to stop this medication. Initially I did experience nausea but I could deal with that, it was into the third week I started to experience severe stomach pain and I was so ill with real vomiting, cold sweats, shakes etc. The pain would not go so doctor had to be consulted and apparently because Trulicity slows the metabolism my stomach wasn't emptying properly and causing all the problems. The pain was so severe at one point I really thought I had a serious condition!!!"

Goldengirl 55 April 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Well, I am 24 hrs into the shot and so far (knock on wood) the only side effect is headaches (which I never have) but I can deal with that. My morning blood reading would normally be about 169 and I got up this morning and it was 75. Just wondering how many days into it that the side effects (nausea & vomiting) started with people that did experience these effects? Will keep you posted after the week is up....."

Debbie K. April 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "After reading many reviews, I fully expected to be nauseated. Checked my work schedule to see when best time was to call in sick so I'd know when to start. Bought Gravel too. Took my first shot last week. Side effects: NONE. Good effects: sugars are rapidly falling. I'm shocked. But very happy. Worth a try."

TrulicityAmazed April 15, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Have been on Trulicity for the last 8 weeks and apart from the odd light stomach cramp and less frequent but a little more severe headache I haven't had any of the side effects that other people have mentioned. I have noticed a decrease in appetite and as such my portions have reduced although I am now eating regularly where I wasn't before. My sugar levels at some stage were around the 14-15 range (130+) but since taking this my morning levels before breakfast are between 9 and 11 (75-97) and my before evening meal levels are between 5.3 and 8 (34-64) depending upon what I have eaten during the day. In the last week I have started a low carb higher fat diet which is where the lower readings have come from. On 0.75 at present."

mrshedgehog (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started w/ Victoza but I switched to Trulicity in Feb & WOW it has worked wonders, no side effects. I've lost 25 pounds including exercise & no snacking on junk food, no fried food or red meat. This med really curbs your appetite. Works great for me! I pray it works for whomever is reading this good luck..."

Trulicity Gal.... April 12, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "On week five of trulicity.. The first night I was beyond exhausted went to bed at 7pm slept all night.. Week 1 had every symptom and was so sick vomiting, diarrhea and this deep gut burping that smelled horrible.. Week 2 was better but week 3-5 are hit and miss. I have lost about ten pounds mainly due to little to no appetite. I take my shot on Tuesday and I vomit every Saturday. I miss about 1 day of work a week due to feeling horrible and dizzy. This drug is horrible but my sugar with other meds is down to 7 from 9.8 in 3 months.. The burping is the worst it's like rotten eggs...so gross."

Rightfootscorer April 9, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Why is this medication even approved to give to anyone?! Oh yah, so the drug companies can get rich. 1 dose of this medication, I had severe diarrhea, vomiting for a week! STAY AWAY FROM THIS MEDICATION. Doctor does not care about side effects. Uuuuuuuuggggg!"

Uggg...should be listed as poi (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Quit using Trulicity after 5 shots. Had every side effect in the book. Always nauseous, stomach pain, diarrhea, no appetite at all. Just felt like I was sick with the flu. Lost 7lbs in those weeks because I could not bring myself to eat. Also, sugar readings were not impressive - were brought down somewhat but still spiked after just eating a little bit. Had expected more since it said it would cause pancreas to produce insulin after eating."

Highsugar (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This has worked wonders for me. Brought my A1C down to 5.4 in no time. Love it. No side effects. Easy to use and simple once a week."

Avid health watcher (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 3, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Trulicity has worked very well for me and my blood sugar has come down dramatically in the past few months. Like most of the others on this thread, it did make me nauseous and have some pretty serious diarrhea at first, but it only lasted about a week. I also have dropped about 8 lbs without trying in six weeks due to less hunger cravings and the inability to overeat. The only thing I have noticed that I dislike is my menstrual cycle has been really messed up and trulicity is the only thing I have changed in my routine. Has anyone else experienced this?"

Eek86 March 30, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "After 10 weeks on Bydureon, 10 miserable nauseous weeks I got the doc to switch me to Trulicity. First 2 weeks still felt nausea and wondered if Trulicity was problem or left over from Bydureon. Now 6 weeks into Trulicity I feel very well, no nausea, Just a mild lack of appetite and good blood sugar readings. I started with .75 ml first 4 weeks then 2 weeks ago went to the 1.5 ml dosage. I was fearful the increased dosage would make me sick again. But no, not at all. For me, Trulicity is working well. I am eating more since the switch. With the Bydureon I lost probably 15 lbs in the 10 weeks. Now, just holding steady. I'd like to lose more but don't want to feel sick."

mellowde (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I just want to say what a horrible experience using trulicity, every single side effect happened to me, and I used the low dose one. I had nausea, diahrrea, vomiting, upper/lower/mid abdomen pain, it was so bad that I drag my self to my doctors and they had to call an ambulance because my BP dropped to low levels, nurse said you look green. I got dehydrated and a week after, my stomach still gassy, and in pain. I hope it works for some of you but if you are considering it, be advised, I lost an unhealthy 12 lbs in few days."

OscarMV March 23, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "On my third week. No side effects, decreased appetite, and great sugars. Have lost three pounds. Just hoping this lasts!"

Phyllis green (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "After taking my 4th dose I had a stroke. After testing there was no clear reason for the stroke and trulicy was my only new medicine. I wouldn't take it until the risks of stroke from this med is determined"

Montanawatkins (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: " I started taking T 2 days ago, after being on Lyxumia for over 2 years. My Ha1bc just keeps going up and up, have lost 10kg over 2 years on injection and with 2000mg of Metformin SR. Well 2 days and I feel not too bad have chronic runs but I also get that since my gall bladder was removed, the sulphur burps are really rank!!! Will stick it out and see how it goes, my BG readings are down a little bit so hope it continues. By the way I am from the UK."

chucklemandy March 21, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started this injectible over a a year ago and am stopping it on my doctor's advice. After all the usual start up symptoms went away after a few weeks, the medication did seem to work, but as time went on it seemed to not work as well. Also, my hair started to thin out and fall out, mildly, and I have Tinnitus and it definitely made it worse, making it very loud. I also started having problems with my liver, gastritis and my thyroid has almost completely stopped working, so now I have to be on Synthroid! Make sure your doctor checks your thyroid at times.TO THE LADY WITH THE NEW STENTS= I have fourteen stents, no problem whatsoever. I also found it helped with the weakness if I ate first thing in the morning."

mhami (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 20, 2017

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started taking trulicity after my insurance would not pay for bydureon. I have been on it for 6 months. I would off and on get what is called diabetic fatigue. No energy have to rest.. it has become more frequent. . Now accompanied by feeling dizzy and feeling like about to pass out when exerting myself, also racing heartbeat. I won't be taking this anymore. I don't want to feel like that."

Cspectre (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Works amazing"

Anonymous March 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been using the Trulicity pen for 5 weeks now and can honestly say it is amazing. It is not a magic bullet or anything like that, but with my determination to eat properly, drink plenty of water, exercise and just simply "do it!"... things are steadily improving. Starting with an 8+ a1c, I am now in the 6 range! And I have lost about 8 pounds in the last 5 weeks. At the age of 67 I have made this the top priority.... time's awasting.... got grandchildren to see grow and develop!"

JustAskMe March 17, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "first dose .75 of Trulicity is my last. Only able to work 1 day out of 8. Doctor really downplayed the side effects. Vomiting every day, can't eat (or keep down any food), diarrhea is consistency of water. Absolutely a HATEFUL drug!"

dan56789 March 14, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I found trulicity to be very effective in controlling my blood sugar., appetite and cravings. Unfortunately after 2 months I was still having such severe constipation I had to stop. I increased my fiber, water intake, exercise -everything possible to deal with the constipation, but to no benefit. It's too bad because otherwise it was a very effective medication for me."

Anne Crow March 14, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've only taken 1 dose and very reluctantly. The first injection seemed to have no side or few side effects. Before I tried this I was on bydureon had 4 injections. It truly was a nightmare. Nausea and horrible, bad diarrhea. Once I figured out it was the bydureon. I stopped it I'm praying the trulicity works"

Gmas5loves (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2017