User Reviews for Dulaglutide

Diabetes, Type 2
5.7

Summary of Dulaglutide reviews 5.7 423 reviews

Reviews for Dulaglutide

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I absolutely HATE trulicity, it is a good drug to lower a1c but wow the side effects. I've had diarrhea, stomach grumbles, having to STAY near a bathroom at all times. Where I live all doctors are connected to NOVANT which the Dr tells me to take immodium and it will go away I tried that it didn't work. Then dr says literally "OH WELL, DEAL WITH IT". If I could change Dr I would but that would include me moving from North Carolina all together. I've complained several times, they must be getting money for putting me threw all this rubbish."

jweaarew25 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started Trulicity a week and a half ago. Side effects were a few minor headaches, one migraine-which may not be related as I've had them in the past. Heartburn on the second day. One low blood sugar event 24 hours after shot, Some burping. Feeling of nausea which only lasts for about a minute but could be a few times a day. Less appetite - lost 3lbs. General malaise after eating for an hour of so. BUT it is getting better, symptoms reducing. Blood sugar readings excellent. 87 after work. 130 after meals. (sensible meals) 90-100 in the AM. Pretty impressed."

Stu (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "After 4 weeks of using it, I haven't lost any weight. I feel extremely tired, and I will ask to blood analysis because I have felt terrible . This is not for me."

Marna May 15, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "The worst drug for anybody. I am still sick after 4 months. Hurt my Kidney and what ever you do don't eat pasta or you will poop on yourself and the pain is unbelievable. The worst experience I have ever had in my life. I would rate this a zero and it caused cancer in mice and they still approved this drug. Pharmaceutical drugs are about Money and greed and people are passing away daily from this drug."

Poopie Pants May 15, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I am on my third week of Trulicity and I have to say I’m glad I didn’t take these reviews too seriously in doing my research. The first week was awful...constant nausea to the point I had to get the doctor to call in that drug they give pregnant women for morning sickness. It really helped me push through. My appetite is about half of what it was. I have struggled with binge eating for years and this is the first thing that has helped me. It’s like if flipped a switch and I get no cravings and have much better self discipline. I haven’t been back to check my A1C at the doctor but there is no way this isn’t helping. If your eating is a cravings/mental thing I say give it a shot. Definitely worth that first week of misery if it is going to change a lifetime of bad habits."

Whitney H (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Trulicty has worked well for me . I’ve lost 48 pounds and my A1C only dropped .2 but that was my fault. I didn’t change my diet all that much. Positive things .... I didn’t get any of the side effects the first year. I did however notice that after I dropped the weight and picked up more exercise the side effects have started .... but they aren’t unbearable. From reading it certainly doesn’t help everyone , but I’m one of the few it does help."

Not too bad (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 29, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started on Trulicity 0.75 three months ago for one month, then upped to 1.5. Started out with a little nausea but nothing horrific. Now, almost 3 months later, I feel like garbage every day. Belching and hiccups are awful. Constipated and nauseous and some days actually vomiting. My ribs hurt terribly from all the retching. Am afraid to eat anything for fear it will just make me sick. Am afraid to go anywhere because the urge to throw up comes on so fast. As of today (Saturday), I refuse to take it any more. Will see my doc on Monday to replace it with something else."

Bibi (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My fasting blood sugar was 199 on metformin so I started Trulicity 5 weeks ago and my sugars have come down some but still 166 fasting. Is it worth all the side effects that I am now experiencing, I am not sure. The gas pains in my stomach is horrible and I developed headaches and went to the doctor and my blood pressure has sky rocketed to 200/110. I am now on a third blood pressure medication. My legs are aching and I have heartburn everyday. Have not lost any weight."

Shelby (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "My internal med doc wanted to try trulicity for off label issue. I took the first 2 weeks at lower dose with no issue but after taking my first higher dose it caused my heart to go into afib and my blood pressure to rise. Nowhere in my prescribing info did it tell me there was a chance of affecting electrical impulses in my heart. I had a small stroke in my brainstem within hours. Should have given me the information/ option in the possible side effects."

LJH (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started taking this drug a couple months ago. At first it wasn’t too bad-a little nausea and decreased appetite. The more I took it, the worse the symptoms became. Severe vomiting, diarrhea and cramping, weakness and fatigue. At first I thought it was just a virus but it happened every time I took the drug. The vomiting and diarrhea have been so severe lately that I have had to miss work because of it. I will never take this drug again!"

RN FROM OHIO April 26, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I am borderline diabetic. I didn't know that Trulicity needed to be refrigerated which the manufacturer should print in bold letters on box. Anyhow, after calling pharmacist, he told me it was okay to take. I didn't feel any side effects until the second day. I woke up in the middle of the night and could not go back to sleep and then the rest of the day felt lethargic. Next few days, I felt queasy and no appetite. Seems like the symptoms come in the morning. I experienced gas pain that felt like I'd been kicked in my stomach. Today is day five, and I feel like I have the flu with mild fever (body aches, headache etc). I am still queasy and , I don't want to eat except saltine crackers. I am disappointed because I spent money on this and I have three more injections which I am not going to take. I can understand maybe a day or even two for side effects, but not all week. How is one supposed to function and go to work?"

beezus (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I’m type 2 diabetic started 0,75 trulicity January 2018 haven’t had any side effects maybe little weight loss."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Only slight nausea with the first dose. Second dose I took incorrectly and had to use an extra pen from my prescription which isn't good. Blood sugars are much better. Appetite has definitely decreased and I have stayed away from heavy or high carb meals to avoid any side effects. So far, so good."

DKH April 25, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This drug is helping me control my blood sugars and allows me to reduce the amount of long lasting insulin I have to inject daily and I have totally stopped using fast acting insulin all together. However, there are side effects with using this medicine. First the injection itself is an aggressive and painful shot. Thankfully it's only once a week. If I had to do it daily or multiple times a day I could not continue as I have such anxiety when administering the shot. This could use some major improvement by the manufacture. Second side effect I have on this medicine is that I have acid reflux or GERD symptoms where I have never had them before. Overall, my A1C numbers are looking better than they have in a decade, the first quarter on the .075 mg dose was at 6.9 and my second quarter numbers on the 1.5 mg dose just returned with a 5.9. Woohoo! Offer the drug in a vial that I can inject the medicine myself as I know I would be so much more gentle with the actual injection."

Tammy S April 25, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This stuff is toxic, practically nonstop diarrhea. Severe nausea, vomiting. Would have rated this a big zero if available."

Poopypants2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started on Trulicity 1.5 with horrible side effects for 3 months. I have been on 0.75 now for 6 months and still have stomach cramps and some off days, have lost nearly 20 lbs and am not overweight. My thyroid readings have been out of range since taking this drug, cannot get a response from Eli-Lilly or Trulicity regarding this change. My Doctor thinks my thyroid med isn't working, funny it's worked for 7 years with no issues until now! Not sure what I will do yet. It would be nice if the company cared to respond like they said they would!"

Donna (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 21, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I share most of the negative effects of other reviews. I've had two shots over 12 days now. This brutal drug gives me nausea, tiredness, and irritability... and some minor weight loss all supposedly. And to help my type 2 diabetes condition ....! I can think of other more healthy ways of losing weight, this drug should be banned."

ricardo (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I had bad indigestion, heartburn, stomach pain and nausea I really tried to stick it out because I was losing weight but I was miserable-I managed to use it for seven weeks and had to stop! My insurance covered it so that part was good!"

Kgoo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My sister is a type 2 diabetic. She is currently on 2,000 mg of Metformin. I took her to the Dr. a few weeks ago and her Dr. scolded her on carbs after looking at her 4 day food journal. She was then put on Trulicity. She was given her first shot in the Dr.'s office. I am sorry that I did not question as to why she was put on Tulicity, everything was so fast. Her A1C was 5.6. A week later she took her second shot. I started researching and found this forum, with all of it's side affects. THANK YOU to all that has posted! I marched her back to the Dr's office to find out why she had to be put on this deadly drug. She told us it was for weight loss which made me even more upset. Sure, sounds like it is a great weight loss aide when all you do is throw up and have diarrhea. No Thank You, she will find a healthy way to lose weight!"

Dinah (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I only gave a one because there is no zero. It's been three days since my injection of trucity. My head is ringing. My blood pressure is super high and my kidney hurt. The first day within hours I lost my appetite, vomiting and pooping. My stomach was hurting all night. I moaned the rest of the night. Only relief was sleep. I will not take another injection. I am going herbal. Even if this work for you you can still suffer side effect. These chemicals are not for the body. This stuff is bad. By far the worst. I am not going to be their guinea pig."

Tiptipstar (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: "Why does the price have to be so expensive? Is it because the people who are in need of this medication have no where else to go?We all know that the plastic pen is the cause of such a high price. The medicine worked great for me for 2 weeks. Now my new insurance doesn't cover it. Isn't there a way of just getting a bottle like insulin and use the insulin needles for administering the medication?"

Tammy (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "The self injection was easy and painless. The rolling nausea, cramps, throwing up, dizziness, inability to eat or sleep or exercise, was terrible. Not worth it, I won't take another injection."

Hermit (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I take Metformin, have since 2008. Just last November my Doctor put me on 0.75 dosage, because my A1C was 7.5. I was nauseated a few times, but it passed quickley. In February, my A1C had only dropped to 7.2, so she put me on 1.50 dosage. I have had horrible indigestion, stomach cramps, back pain and just feel downright horrible with chest pains, every time I eat, no matter what it is. I asked her to put me back on the lower dosage, so wish me luck. It did help me lose a little weight, even on the lower dose."

cdhughes4358 April 10, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Terrible experience. Shortly after taking on a Sunday, I was extremely fatigued. Lost all appetite the rest of the day and Monday. Constant hiccups and burping, acid reflux was so bad by Tuesday night it woke me up coughing it up. Appetite started to reappear by Wed so had a smaller normal meal in the evening. Early hours of the morning projectile vomiting and diarrhoea. After reading reviews here and seeing that Thyroid Cancer is a risk, contacted GP. Advised to discontinue. Felt unwell and like a zombie all week. It's very worrying that there are NO long term studies of this medication in humans. It causes cancer in mice and rats. Because it hasn't been tested, it's not known if it will cause cancer in humans. So we're all guinea pigs."

White43 (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started using Trulicity 1.5 last summer Aug 2017. My AIC went from 11.4 to 6.5 in 2 months. I did not have any side effects and love it. My insurance will pay 1 months worth before I go into the famed donut hole. After that it is totally out of pocket. Its a shame , it totally worked for me, but I can't afford to take it."

Love Trulicity (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 9, 2018