User Reviews for Dulaglutide

Diabetes, Type 2
5.5

Summary of Dulaglutide reviews 5.5 556 reviews

Reviews for Dulaglutide

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been off and on Trulicity for about a year now. I say "off and on" because the cost threw me into the Medicare "doughnut hole" last year, so was unable to afford it and went without it for the last 3 months of 2018. Unfortunately, my blood sugars got out of control, using only Metformin, (glucophage) and a couple of other generic diabetes 2 medications. While on Trulicity, my A1-c dropped to 6% -- a HUGE improvement, as while on only the other medications it had skyrocketed to 9.3%. I have had no noticeable side effects, however it DOES seem that Trulicity injections hurt more than other injections I've had. That and the cost are my only complaints."

RedInDenver (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Trulicity poison for 5 weeks. I have been to the ER 4 times & the urgent care 3 times & hospitalized for severe vomiting & pain that I can’t even describe! I thought I was knocking on deaths door twice! Oh yeah I lost 24 pounds in 5 weeks! Don’t take this poison! FDA is a joke, they don’t protect the consumer only the poison they help push!"

racefn36 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Trulicity almost killed me with gassy diarrhea. I was on it for about 4 months. It is a very violent drug. I've been off of it for 3 weeks and still have bad symptoms. Lost around 25 lb from pooping liquid and I thought I was going to blow up from the gas. While going through this. I have heard of similar symptoms from other friends"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My Dr just gave me a trulicity for my diabetes and I was sick out of the gate. Nauseous, lethargy, joint pain and throwing up. This medicine is not worth it. I haven’t been able to get anything done including work. I’m hoping it wears off soon so I can find an alternative."

Jsocal (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have used Trulicity before, and am now on it again. I have lost 60 pounds on it. The first two weeks were ok. I had a little nausea but Tums and Bonine took care of that. Felt really tired as well. Once the two weeks was over started feeling better."

Cocoa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 29, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been on Trulicity for about four years and for about a year now I have been having bouts of vomiting, bloated stomach, constipation and now acute pancreatitis! Woke up to a bloated, right and painful ache in my middle abdomen area. Felt like my gall bladder pain again but it has been removed. It was a terrible pain that ran the length across my stomach and I knew it was my pancreas. After blood test it was diagnosed as acute Pancreatitis. Doc told me to quit taking Trulicity right away."

Mary (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 28, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking Trulicity now for 3 weeks. My first injection I took on a Friday and by Sunday I was violently ill with diarrhea and vomiting that lasted 3 days. I was resistant to take it again on Friday but did and all side effects are gone. I have to up my dose this Friday so we will see how that goes. I am hopeful for this medication because I have suffered from high sugars and weight fir many years."

Alicia (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I’ve been taking this drug for over a year now. While it has decreased my A1C to normal, I have experienced nausea the entire time. Diarrhea the entire time, loss of appetite to the point of forgetting to eat and recently have started to have severe upper stomach pain especially after I eat. Doesn’t matter what I eat or how little or how much. The pain radiates to my back. Been doing a little research and I firmly believe this drug has caused me to have pancreatitis. All this time I thought it was normal side effects, but at some point during the past year I’ve developed another medical issue because of this drug. I am stopping usage today. I can barely eat anything. I wake up in the middle of the night in pain and it is starting to negatively affect my day to day life. Be careful with this drug and pay attention to your symptoms."

Lydia (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 23, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Horrible medicine. Made me feel terrible for two weeks: nauseous, diarrhea, exhaustion, headaches etc. The drug is truely a poison. I have taken many diabetes drugs, but this one is out of control. Shocking it was approved by the FDA"

Txking March 20, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took Trulicity twice for my diabetes and the first time I ended up in ER with severe abdominal pain along with chest pain. I took it again the following week at my doctors request. Ended up in ER with severe dehydration and severe abdominal pain. Treated with Fentanyl. Admitted to hospital for pain control and dehydration. Will NEVER take Trulicity again. The abdominal pain was excruciating!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been using Trulicity for about two months now and it works. My blood sugar used to be between 140 to 160 after work daily. Since I started using Trulicity it has been between 85 to 95 daily. I have had no side effects and have even lost some weight using this. I have nothing but good things to say about Trulicity."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Trulicity for over a year now, it is the best, and I have lost weight 29 lbs so far! I hope it is never discontinued. My son also is on Trulicity, he told me about it. I have had no side effects. Thank you for this medicine ( Injection). In response to the person who had boils, it might not be from trulicity, It is from sweat glands. It could be the condition called Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) Symptoms are red, swollen, painful bumps, these bumps can drain pus or blood. You can research this. Good luck."

Margaret (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 15, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My goodness, we Australians must have a great pharmeceutical system. I can’t believe the price you pay in America. Full cost here was $130, now it’s on PBS $39.40 and if you have concession card $6.40. Took 1st shot last year Dec 2018, and it just destroyed me for the week. Took my 2nd hit tonight at 9pm, still awake at 2am but I’m a bad sleeper. So what I gather is: 1. Let the needle sit for 30 minutes til room temperature then inject. I grab the flesh between 2 fingers with 1 hand and inject with other. No pain. 2. Don’t eat too much, don’t eat fatty or sugary foods. 3. Increase water intake. I’ll see how I go."

Ozziede (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started taking Trulicity 3 weeks ago. I’ve had great results with lower blood sugar readings, but have experienced some nausea, but not bad. I have a question for everyone. I’ve been experiencing boils for the last few weeks. About 5 and 2 styes! I’ve been trying to think of reasons why, especially so many in such a short time. It hit me that I started getting them right after my first dose of Trulicity. Have any of you had this problem??!! I read quite a few of the post but haven’t seen anyone post about it. It’s sort of embarrassing so I thought maybe others are/were like me and didn’t want to mention it! I’m going to my regular doctor one day this week. I can’t take it any longer!! You know the old saying “ sore as a boil??...yeah, well it’s true...they are painful!! I’m so tired of dealing with diabetes and problems that come with it!! But I do praise God for waking me everyday and helping me deal with it all."

I am blessed (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been using Trulicity for 3 month with no side effects at all. I also take metformin 500 mg 2 twice a day. My A1C was 9.8 I just went for my 3 month A1C and it was 7.1.....so it has worked for me. I only pray it keeps working."

Lisa (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My blood sugar was out of control, however my gen. physician didn't seem to really understand. My mom's sugar had also been out of control, so I just thought that I was doing the best that I could do. I moved about three hours to the Gulf Coast of Mississippi. There my general physician took a different view of my situation. He sent me to an endocrinologist who placed me on Trulicity once a week. He also prescribed Invokana. These two were added to my daily insulin which he also changed to Tresiba. They were a real game changer for me. I can't complain about anything. But I can say that I actually have lost 35 pounds and my sugar has a normal reading."

Ruthie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was worried about this injection which proved to be simple and painless. What I wasn't ready for were the side effects: nausea that lasted 1 month and limited my abilities to go to work, diarrhea that was constant and explosive which also limited my daily activities and lasted 3 weeks, followed by dehydration, dizziness and foggy thinking. I had just started a new job so this was a bad experience for me. I did, however, lose weight due to the nausea and diarrhea."

Traveller57 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Used Trulicity 1.5 last week (first time) and experienced different side effects than I've seen listed. First, within an hour my kidneys started to mildly ache as if I had too many cocacola's (haven't had one in over 3 years). That took 3 days to go back to normal. I also experienced the increased heart rate which kept me awake for the first night. I was very parched, like when my blood sugar was in the 400s (3 years ago). It did lower my blood sugar numbers from mid 200s to mid 100's and that was just the first round. Kind of worried to take the next dose due to the way my kidneys felt. Especially since kidney failure is listed as a possible side effect."

MG1970 (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I am impressed with this med. Injection was easy, minor side effects (a little gas, a little heart burn). It is working really well for me."

AL February 2, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Several times the Trulicity injection failed to injection"

Doc (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 29, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I am very concerned that this drug is doing more harm than good. Horrible, constantly churning stomach with a very bloated feeling if you remotely consume too much food. I guess it's designed to do that. The worst is the constant belching, a rancid, foul, sulphur taste that can fill a room with a stench. I belched in front of my girlfriend last night on accident (because sometimes it can't be helped) and she actually wondered if I had passed gas ... and yes, this is coming out of my mouth. Hard to sleep. A couple of nights this week I awoke with terrible stomach pain. I went to feel my belly and it was as hard as a rock. Passing inconsistent stools and feeling somewhat constipated at times. I thought medication was supposed to help a person feel BETTER, not worse. Sometimes I feel doctors just pass out whatever the drug reps are pushing and do not educate you very well about the drug or side effects. I had asked and he simply said "mostly a little nausea." It's more than that."

McGarin January 28, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Trulicity now since October 2018. My A1c was very stubborn and whatever I did to lower it, did not work. My doctor prescribed Trulicity and when I returned to his office 2 months later, my A1C went from 7.6 to 6.7! It works and works really well, too. I also lost almost 13 pounds! Trulicity really curbs your appetite so you have to remember to eat and put some food in your body or you may get a little faint."

Aquatic (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "One year ago this past October on my 45th birthday I was diagnosed with DM 2 out of the blue. As it would turn out, I am one of those poorly controlled individuals. I was started on Metformin 500 mg twice a day, then Glipizide ER 5 added daily with fastings still 450. In Dec my readings stayed over 600. This is when I was introduced to "Trulicity". Week 1 not bad. Week 2 rougher, pain in pancreatic region/kidney. More intense waves of nausea/diarrhea. Tolerating. Week 3 debilitating. Nausea, mass diarrhea which was crippling. I have lost 10 lbs since starting this med Jan 7th. My blood sugars have improved, 170s...lowest it's been in a year but I have to question is it the Trulicity or the fact that I can't eat and when I try, I'm puking my guts out? This has been the worst week yet so I am done. No more Trulicity for me. I would rather suffer the consequences of poor control rather than to have an "improved" blood sugar that is still non-therapeutic and have no quality of life."

Beautiful disaster... (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Had 1 dose. The first day good. But by Thursday I was burping that gas smell. Had gas-like pain on right side of body diarrhea loose stool the worst. Couldn't sleep now at the ER because I feel horrible. Haven't eaten much of anything. Won't be taking this again hate the side effects early off."

Nette (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2019

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Was given one .75 dose at the doctors office when I was diagnosed with type 2. Two hours later I was violently ill and have not been able to keep food down or even ride in the car to the doctor. Not sure I can or will continue with a second dose let alone months like others say. This is the sickest I have ever been. Came close to going to the ER last night. I was perfectly fine before, and had not yet taken any other medications when I became ill."

CaptCove (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2019