User Reviews for Dulaglutide

Diabetes, Type 2
5.5

Summary of Dulaglutide reviews 5.5 472 reviews

Reviews for Dulaglutide

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was diagnosed after being found to have a fasting BS of 324 and a A1C of 12.8. I began taking Trulicity 0.75mg injections weekly. I did initially have a loss of appetite for the first few weeks, bouts of long aching abdominal cramps and nausea especially later mornings when BS seemed to drop. In 4 weeks the medication lowered my A1C to 7!!!! My kidney and liver function was even near perfect .My blood sugars are staying for the most part 120-160 but Dr says the A1C matters more than the blood sugars at this time. I did have horrid pain with the injection first 3 months. I did have one vial of med that did not inject correctly and was wasted."

mbz01 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Hello. I am from the UK. I’ve been Diabetic type 2 for 10 years, on insulin Humulin for 1 year. Sugars were still too high. HBA1c was around 8-9. With the insulin, I put on one stone and I was overweight already! I have had 3 shots of Trulicity now and am very positive about it. As for the side effects, I have IBS, so I don’t notice much difference! I feel sick in the mornings, but a slice of dry toast sorts that out. The best thing is that my levels are now around 6. The lowest they have ever been. I have been able to reduce my insulin from 48 units to 34 and this is only over 3 weeks. I am tired, but try and exercise myself out if it. I have lost 4lbs, not a vast amount, but I just couldn’t lose weight whilst on insulin and before Trilicity."

879sal (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been taking it for three weeks now, had some minor acid reflux but not real bad. It is very simple to use but it didn't really do anything for me. I was running right at 200 fasting and it cam down to 180 fasting sometimes, not a real big difference. Probably going to try something else. This drug just didn't work well enough for me."

Grampy (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've never had a "good" digestive system, so gas, diarrhea and acid reflux is a norm. Now I think the Trulicity is making it worse. The day after I inject, I am exhausted - I feel like I don't even have the strength to open a can or take a bath. Even thinking of how much effort it will take exhausts me. I inject on Monday - so Tuesday I was exhausted, Wednesday, today, I woke up with my stomach feeling bloated, grumbly, and first thing, gassy diarrhea. I tried to eat something and wound up wasting most of the plate. Blood sugar levels are better. I am taking the Trulicity in addition to metformin time release and glipizide. My A1C readings were 378. Now I'm seeing 158 average. I have had 2 episodes of low sugar due to not eating enough PS: I am in Ohio and on Medicaid. The Trulicity was covered 100%, but I am sure that's because I have a substantiated history of escalating need in managing my diabetes."

LvnThe216 August 30, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was waiting long time (a year ) until I started using trulicity pen, why? I was scared after reading many reviews about side effects. But when metformin was not effective and I had constantly UTI which meant antibiotics, I didn't have a choice. I wish I had started it earlier. I have no side effects ! The shot is not painful and easy to do, no diarrhea, no mood changes, no vomits, no stomach pain, no gases. Yes, I have a little less appetite,especially in the morning, a little less visits in bathroom for number twos ( but I have at least one movement), a little nausea sometime but nothing bothering, even not noticeable. Each person react differently, usually bad reviews are from people with strong negative reaction on medication, that is why I am writing this review. Maybe somebody who really needs this medication will not be scared to try it as I was. I gave less stars, because lowest dose didn't lower my morning sugar level, maybe more side effects will come with higher dose which I need to try."

eva (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Have been taking this drug for three weeks. I must say it has acted as a very good appetite suppressant. Aside from headaches at the start, I have had no side effects and have lost 6lbs. Eat small amounts and drink plenty of water. Blood sugar readings reduced. So far am very pleased with trulicity. Highly recommend."

Belle (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have just taken my second shot of the 0.75. It brought down my morning numbers significantly, within normal range every day. I have had minimal side effects; a little nausea, flatulence, a sense of being too full after a small meal. Quite fatigued the day I take it. Given the good results I've had so far, I will continue unless something significant comes up."

Maggie (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started Trulicity with the first dose 0.75 and did ok but around day 5-6 felt very nauseous and constipated. Next dose 0.75 did ok but again around day 5-6 felt nauseous could barely eat because I felt very bloated like I had eaten a thanksgiving dinner. Of course blood sugars were good because I couldn't eat. Then I took the 1.5 dose....day 5 constant vomiting to the point I was so sick I could barely walk. Never felt this bad in my life. My wife is a nurse and she ran 2 bags of IV fluid in me and then took me to the ER. They gave me some medicine for nausea and ran more fluids thru me. My white blood count came back fine which told me this wasn't a virus or infection it was trulicity. I urge you not to take this medication. If you start having problems with the first 2 doses, then stop. Because once you double the dose you are probably gonna end up very sick and in the ER."

Kookooaju (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been on Metformin a year but it wasn't bringing my A1C down enough. My doctor added Trulicity about 3 months ago. My only side effect seems to be nausea which I get mostly if I don't eat. For some reason the last 2 pens of my 3 month stock didn't seem to work. My daily levels were much higher. With a new box it seems to be better. They were nowhere near the expiration date but I worry they maybe got too cold in the refrigerator. I turned the setting down, but still. That's my only complaint."

Leslie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been given 0.75mg at 2 months free from my doctor and love this drug. It has got my blood sugar down to near perfect for the last 2 months. But I tried to fill my prescription today and to my surprise they wanted $600 bucks because my insurance only covers $200. I tried to use the website coupon for 25/month - but I can't since I have insurance. I'm getting really tired of hearing and experiencing that hard working people don't get any help. Sufficed to say I can't afford it and will now have to turn to the daily injections of insulin that don't even seem to work. But it is my only option for now."

T2 printer (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was put on Trulicity and have taken two doses. Four days after taking the first dose I developed a sour stomach when I belched and I belched a lot. Immediately my stomach started burning and I had heartburn and a lot of gas in the stomach. Very painful. Then it seemed to move to my intestines where I felt burning, gas and eventually diarrhea. This lasted for about five days then the symptoms subsided. Then I took my second dose, and four days later all the symptoms came back with a vengeance. Cant' live like this. No more for me."

Papa (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been on this drug for a little over a year. The side effects are awful! Constipation, headaches, sour burps/upset stomach, terrible heartburn, excruciating body aches mostly in my legs and lower back. I can't manage to sleep more than an hour at a time. Most nights I can only manage about 4 hours total sleep because of the pain. My A1C increased and is only getting worse. My thyroid medication stopped working, and my hair is falling out at an alarming rate. I found this forum and realized that so much of my pain and issues could be caused by Trulicity. I never took another dose. It has been a little over a month. I feel so much better, no more pain or stomach issues, and my fasting levels are in the normal range (around 100) for the first time in a year. I don't get another A1C check till next month, but I am confidant it will be better. I will never take this drug again!"

Sick and Tired (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 21, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Taken 3 shots of trulicity but that’s it - no more. Feeling ill, almost flu like. Very tired and zombie like. Weird stomach and bowel problems now migraine feeling 1 week after final shot. Quite angry that this drug is on the market as testing seems limited, feel like a human guinea pig.. Thyroid and pancreatic cancer and pancreatitis high risk. If in any doubt STOP.!"

Chrismac (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been with trulicity for 2 months now and I have been getting severe abdominal pains, cramps and gas but the last weeks was a disaster! I have been vomiting and had diarrhea constantly! I ended up in a hospital for dehydration. Will never take trulicity again!"

karen (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "A1C 11.6, so doctor prescribed Trulicity 1.5 and Farxiga 5mg. Blood sugars went down over two months to an A1c of 8.6. Insurance change disallowed Trulicity. When a job change brought new insurance, I was able to start Trulicity again. That is when the problems started. 6 days after 1st injection, gastrointestinal problems (about a 4 on a scale of 10); took the next injection. After 6 days, the gastrointestinal problems reached about a 5. I was hesitant to take it again, but blood sugars were getting much better so I did. After 6 days, very long, loud, vile-tasting belching imaginable, explosive liquid diarrhea, extreme abdominal pain, flatulence, heart palpitations, cold sweat, and the feeling I would pass out. Ended up in the ER. Admitted with ischemic colitis. I will never take this medication again. Have had no problems since quitting Trulicity. Blood sugars are creeping up again, but it is not worth dying over. Will be seeing an endocrinologist tomorrow."

KC August 20, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Severe abdominal pai. Not able to eat. Total loss of appetite. No energy. Feeling very depleted. I will not take this medication ever again. Constipation. Nausea. Vomiting!!"

LJ August 19, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for : "Started my first 2 injections with trial .75 dose as prescribed by my doctor for weight loss. Had absolutely NO APPETITE. Thought is was wonderful until week 2 when I took my first full 1.5 dose. One hour after taking it I had a stroke to my right brain stem from a clot. I didn't realize it had put my heart into A-FIB. I am a nurse, I didn't see the warning on the prescribing info, but it is on the Lily website that Trulicity can cause electrical issues with your heart! The hospital neurologist had me stop it immediately. I am 49 and now on cardiac meds and blood thinners for the rest of my life. I am blessed it didn't kill me. Not worth the risk!"

Elle (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Second week on it and I have never felt this bad before . Heart racing, water retention, shortness of breath and the worst is the fatigue and no strength in my legs . Appetite has surely gone down since I have no urge to eat. Slight difference in blood sugar levels . Not sure if I can continue this medicine with all of the side effects."

Nancy (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been taking Trulicity for several months. It's easy to inject. I was recently checked by my MD and my A1C used to be a 10 now it is a 7 and hopefully next time I visit with my MD it will be normal. Fried foods and sweets upset my stomach. So I don't eat them."

Clemsongirl#1 August 13, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been taking for 9 weeks. Seeing huge difference in blood sugar numbers. Haven't had a new A1C yet but it should be good. First week or two some nausea, dizziness and vomiting but it didn't continue. Do have to be careful what you eat and how much. You're going to make yourself sick if you don't heed their warnings about eating too much at once. I give it a thumbs up."

LZ (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Took the drug for two weeks, got off before I lost the ability to walk. The first week I had a major pain in my left knee and throwing up breakfast. The second week throwing up continue. The knee pain was not as intense, but my right foot developed pain preventing me from walking more than 30 steps. Blood sugar readings showed no improvement, were running in the 230 area. Still struggle with walking."

Hampster (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "like having the worst case of flu"

rog (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Within an hour of taking my first injection, I had severe nausea, stomach cramps, and diarrhea. Because this is a once a week dose, the med has stayed in my system. It’s been six days, and I’m just now starting to feel better. I’ve been confined to my home because I can’t be far from a bathroom. Fortunately, I have Tricare who, even though made me change from Byetta to this, they’re allowing me to go back on Byetta since I gave Trulicity a try; they’ll go back to paying for my Byetta."

SandyKay (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking Trulicity for 4 months now. My A1c is now half what it once was. I lost 10lbs and I feel good. What I have realized is that my body craves more water than what was my norm but I'm ok with that. I have had none of the side effects that everyone else has had. My only complaint is the price. I am currently in between medical coverage and $800 is just a bit much for just a 1 month supply."

NitaBell (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "On Trulicity more than three years. A1c always at 6 or lower. Then pancreatitis hit and put me in the hospital for ten days. Developed sepsis and hospital physician told my wife he didn’t think I would live. Feel great now, 4 1/2 months later. On zero diabetes meds now and last A1c was 6.2. Contacted Lilly and they offered me zilch sympathy or info or basically anything. I also feel Trulicity may be the cause of my stage 4 kidney disease, but have no proof."

Burr (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 2, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...