User Reviews for Dulaglutide systemic

Diabetes, Type 2
5.5

Summary of Dulaglutide reviews 5.5 492 reviews

Reviews for Dulaglutide

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "OMG, the vomiting"

Steven November 7, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have problems with my blood sugar levels as a side effect of having a gastric bypass, I was having up to 3 hypos a day and I put on nearly 4 stone of the 8 stone I had lost. My endocrine doctor put me on Trulicity and now I don’t have the sugar problems and I’ve lost 3 stone 4lb so to me it’s saved my life"

Trace (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 6, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have struggled with my weight all my adult life, and as Trulicity is recommended before considering bariatric surgery, I took my doctor's advice and administered my first injection yesterday. It will be my last. I don't care if I lose 25 pounds before next week's injection is due, I have never felt this awful before. I read that the side effects tend to wane after a couple of treatments, but I refuse to live through another cycle of the worst heartburn, nausea and ill-feeling I have ever gone through (and I had heartburn through all four of my pregnancies!) I am praying that the one injection has not resulted in irreparable damage to either my esophagus or other organs. I feel so sorry for those who have genuine health concerns that have deemed Trulicity their best hope--I will never recommend it."

Mauimomma (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I loved it at first. Lost weight & liked that I did have to take medicine every day. I had an issue with the injection. My husband is a paramedic and helped me to confirm the injection did not work correctly. I contacted the company and they sent a month replacement. Worked well the next month but this month I’ve missed two weeks due to the same issue. I cannot continue missing by shot. I will contact again but very annoyed."

Nan (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started Trulicity (.75) In April 2018 after an A1c of 9. No side effects at all. Appetite was not affected so my diet remained not so great. No weight loss. A1c check in Sept. 2018 was 11. Dr increased dosage to 1.5. Changed diet and started to exercise more. Quickly lost 20 lbs. Still no side effect other than decreased appetite. No problems at all with injections. Do get hiccups often but they don't last too long. Next A1c check is in Dec. but glucose readings are averaging around 120 so I am hopeful that it is working this time."

Marie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 27, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My A1C was 10+ and now according to docs is "right about where we want to see it" at 6.4 but let me tell you.... this stuff says it may help you lose weight? I know exactly where my weight has gone - down the toilet. My injections, I do on Mondays. This week all day/night Monday, horrible gas, bloating and abdominal pain. Tuesday/Wed a little better. Thurs omg... I ate spaghetti last night and was in the bathroom most of the day today with 100% water coming out. Honestly, the side effects for me are starting to be not worth it. I plan to do next week's injection and if any similar issues, I think I'm done."

srichey216 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I told the doctor that I deal with IBS. My stomach is never in very great condition. Just the same he insisted I take this medication. I told him I had taken Bydureon in the past with no success. The day following the injection I was suffering from severe stomach pain, vomiting, nausea, headache. I am angry with the drug company, the doctor, the nurse who bit off my head because I refused to continue. It is now 9 days after the injection and I am still having issues. In my opinion, not a good drug."

Suestir (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been on trulicity for 6 months, been great for me, a1c is now 6.2 and have lost 30 lbs."

Leigh (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My husband started taking this medicine back in July 2018 it made him really sick, he can’t eat, is complaining of stomach pain, back pain, burping a lot complaining not being able to swallow, he even said water burned to even swallow. He keptd taking it until September and than he got real sick and and has stop taking it and still suffers side effects today still complaining of stomach pain and back pain"

Safety (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This has got be a miracle drug, for years I’ve to get my blood sugar under control and nothing seem to work in my favor. But when I started the Trilicity my numbers have done a nose dive. I also lost over 12 pounds within the first 4 weeks. Of course you have to exercise, and eat healthy this makes it so much easier. I love this medication and thank God for making the way to a better life."

Batwoman (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on trulicity for about three weeks the first week I experienced a lot of nausea but, the second and third time it was better I just hope it keep working good for me."

Missy (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started Trulicity in April 2018. My A1C was 7.8 and on a continuous climb upward. At my three month check in July it had dropped to 6.2. Today (Oct. visit) my A1C was 5.9. My doctor is reducing my other meds. That is without much diet or exercise change. I have not really lost weight with it but I have not had nausea, vomiting, etc. which really causes the weight loss."

Ags (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 10, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I typically have the worst side effects from medications, and read these reviews prior to starting and was extremely nervous. I had been on Victoza years before and tolerated it well and was disappointed when insurance wanted me to try trulicity first this time around. The first two weeks I had some burping, little bit of nausea (bearable) and my appetite was very decreased. Not as bad as I expected and I kept going. It's been about 3.5 months now and I have no side effects and am on an increased dose of 1.75mg. I'm down 14 lbs and I have hashimotos that has made it pretty difficult for me to lose weight. Fasting glucose is under 100 and overall sugars don't go higher than 150. It helps decrease appetite for me (less now than it did in the beginning though) and helps me not crave bad foods. Honestly I was surprised its been as effective as it has been for me. Good luck to you all :)"

Tnwin October 9, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Routine Blood work before starting Trulicity had my blood platelets at 221,000. I started Trulicity the next day on my 8th dose I was rushed to the hospital with a platelet count of zero! Doctors said there is no known connection between the two but had me stop. I have now been diagnosed with ITP (idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura) !"

ITP (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "First time I took trulicy on Friday by Sunday started vomiting and could not stop. Had to go to the ER for help. I talked to the Doctor and she said I could try a second dose. Did this on Sunday 9 days after the first dose. Within 24 hours the vomiting started and again had to go to the ER again for fluids and meds to stop the vomiting. So it was the trulicy!!! Will never take it again."

Pete (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have just given myself the fourth dose (yesterday). The first two weeks were pretty brutal. Flu-like symptoms, zero energy, gas and nasty burps. The week after the third dose was much better. The burps come and go as does the gas. I have tons more energy, almost normal and sometimes I actually have felt my appetite coming back. I have lost 6 lbs in three weeks and feel like that is tapering off and that is fine. I have to make myself eat which is a first in my life. I miss the desire for food, but I have no desire for the bad foods I was eating before, so that is a great thing. I'm going to keep going and see if things continue to taper off. I was on Farxiga previously and spent $5000 to find out (all by myself with no help from doctors) that it was making me incredibly ill with gastro-intestinal issues. Glad that is over and anything feels better than that. Best of luck to all."

Ricky in Utah (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I love trulicity! Not one side effect and morning numbers are perfect! Been on it a month!"

Suzi (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for : "I am a Type 1 Diabetic and was put on Trulicity due to my latest pathology results which were concerning, my inability to control my weight and my ever increasing insulin requirements. Things were going down hill so my Endo thought we should give this a shot. It made me so violently ill I ended up hospitalised. I just couldn't stop vomiting. The nausea has been so bad that I wouldn't even consider taking the next injection. It halved my insulin requirements overnight but my levels were difficult to manage due to the ongoing nausea. 1 week later and I still feel ill and my stomach just doesn't feel right. It also made me constipated. I have no idea when he nausea will go but I can't wait. I think the possible weight loss and lowering of insulin doses is not worth the pain and trauma this drug causes."

Charlie (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This medication has the worse injection system. So far I have been unsuccessful in getting the entire dose two weeks in a row. You place the injector where you want the medicine injected. You push the green button and that starts a stream of medication that does not stop until medication is dispensed. HOWEVER when that cold medication starts entering your body, it just human nature to jerk away or drop dispenser. IF the meds would stop dispensing when you let go of green button, you could reinsert and finish injection. I have two more syringes, if I cant do this by end of month, I will have to get a new med"

Not happy September 23, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My doctor put me on Trulicity in March, 2018 as an alternative to insulin. I had seen this advertised and willing to try it especially to lose some weight. The medicine worked great at lowering my levels and my A1c went from 10.5 to 8.5 in 3 months, so I appeared to be on the right track. I lost about 5 lbs in 2 weeks, but I was so sick 3 days out of 7 that was not a great feat. I complained to my doctor, who said this is a side affect and gave me pills to combat the nausea. That worked for about 3 weeks and after that nothing happened. By the time, I stopped taking Trulicity, I was so sick I could barely function. I took the shot on Wednesday morning and by Wednesday afternoon, I was sick until that following Monday. Needless to say, my doctor took me off. This medicine is dangerous. I don't believe that any drug should make you feel this bad in order to feel better."

Techycruiser September 17, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My A1C as of yesterday was an 11.5. Doctor prescribed dosage of 1000 mg of metformin twice a day and he started me on trulicity 1.5. First shot was yesterday at about eight in the evening. My glucose readings have been under 125 (three times) since then. Not even 24 hours have passed. This is before eating. However, after about 18 hours after Trulicity I have severe nausea and a headache. The kind that makes you shiver. Hoping it'll ease. Yes, hunger is diminished. I'm happy with the lower readings."

texmom95 (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was diagnosed after being found to have a fasting BS of 324 and a A1C of 12.8. I began taking Trulicity 0.75mg injections weekly. I did initially have a loss of appetite for the first few weeks, bouts of long aching abdominal cramps and nausea especially later mornings when BS seemed to drop. In 4 weeks the medication lowered my A1C to 7!!!! My kidney and liver function was even near perfect .My blood sugars are staying for the most part 120-160 but Dr says the A1C matters more than the blood sugars at this time. I did have horrid pain with the injection first 3 months. I did have one vial of med that did not inject correctly and was wasted."

mbz01 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Hello. I am from the UK. I’ve been Diabetic type 2 for 10 years, on insulin Humulin for 1 year. Sugars were still too high. HBA1c was around 8-9. With the insulin, I put on one stone and I was overweight already! I have had 3 shots of Trulicity now and am very positive about it. As for the side effects, I have IBS, so I don’t notice much difference! I feel sick in the mornings, but a slice of dry toast sorts that out. The best thing is that my levels are now around 6. The lowest they have ever been. I have been able to reduce my insulin from 48 units to 34 and this is only over 3 weeks. I am tired, but try and exercise myself out if it. I have lost 4lbs, not a vast amount, but I just couldn’t lose weight whilst on insulin and before Trilicity."

879sal (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been taking it for three weeks now, had some minor acid reflux but not real bad. It is very simple to use but it didn't really do anything for me. I was running right at 200 fasting and it cam down to 180 fasting sometimes, not a real big difference. Probably going to try something else. This drug just didn't work well enough for me."

Grampy (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've never had a "good" digestive system, so gas, diarrhea and acid reflux is a norm. Now I think the Trulicity is making it worse. The day after I inject, I am exhausted - I feel like I don't even have the strength to open a can or take a bath. Even thinking of how much effort it will take exhausts me. I inject on Monday - so Tuesday I was exhausted, Wednesday, today, I woke up with my stomach feeling bloated, grumbly, and first thing, gassy diarrhea. I tried to eat something and wound up wasting most of the plate. Blood sugar levels are better. I am taking the Trulicity in addition to metformin time release and glipizide. My A1C readings were 378. Now I'm seeing 158 average. I have had 2 episodes of low sugar due to not eating enough PS: I am in Ohio and on Medicaid. The Trulicity was covered 100%, but I am sure that's because I have a substantiated history of escalating need in managing my diabetes."

LvnThe216 August 30, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...