User Reviews for Dulaglutide

Also known as: Trulicity

Learn more about Dulaglutide.

Diabetes, Type 2 319 reviews 143 medications

Summary of Dulaglutide reviews 319 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Dulaglutide

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "BEWARE! You are playing Russian Roulette when you go on this medication. I cannot imagine how this medication ever got on the market, the side effects are so severe, including the risk of cancer. This is worse than insulin shock! I started this medication almost two months ago. I have had constant nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. I have also had intense abdominal pain. I stayed on it for a month, but the symptoms were so severe I had to quit. I have been off of it for four weeks and am still experiencing nausea, vomiting and diarrhea on a daily basis. This drug poisoned my system. I have become so weak from vomiting and diarrhea, I am drinking Powerade Zero to keep the dehydration at bay."

PHil J. October 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "OMG, this medicine needs to be removed from usage. I was given this medicine to try for my Type 2 Diabetes. On 1st injection, I thought I was going to die. The side effects were absolutely horrible. The nausea, vomiting, diarrhea were all there. I stopped usage, and was admitted to the hospital for stent placement. Again, I was given Trulicity. Yet again, I have the side effects. I won't be using it again. My other medications will have to suffice along with diet."

A.G. (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been experiencing since the first week the runs and some stomach pain . I was hospitalized two times, one being dehydrated and both times vomiting. Then it finally slowed down for 4 months. Then my Endocrinologist upped my dose from 0.75mg to 1.5 mg. Almost instantly vomiting and the runs then trouble breathing. I suffered for that week and I haven't had gone back to 0.75. Now 2 weeks later not being on trulicity I'm going through another bout of the runs and vomiting plus sharp stabbing stomach pains. Would I suggest this to anyone - No. Will I start taking it again, No"

Buddhascuda (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started Trulicity a week ago. Side effects haven't been bad. I had stomach issues only when I ate poorly. Lesson learned! I have also dropped about 3 pounds this week. My numbers were normally around 265, now it is under 140. I love this medicine."

Timmy123456789 October 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Type two diabetic on metforin for 2 years now. My a1c was 15 then dropped to 10 and stayed there. Started trulicity 3 weeks ago. My blood sugar has been the best it’s ever been in years. Yes some side affects. Mild nausea. But am loosing weight mostly because I have no appetite and when I do eat, I get full very quickly. For me it’s been a great medication. I will take the side effects because the benefits for me have far outweighed it. I’m 54 and want to get my blood sugar under control. I don’t want to be one of those people who die early because of uncontrolled blood sugar."

Chief 1962 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started trulicity three weeks ago never felt so sick in my life feel worse when I have my injection which is a Saturday my son gets married soon on a Saturday so I'm really worried cos I know I'm going to feel awful. I have not lost any weight yet ..."

Pinney (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This stuff should be discontinued. It is horrible. Throwing up for weeks at a time. Spent time in the hospital with IV meds and fluids!! Terrible!!!!"

Poppajim (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Got put on trulicity 1.5 after trying a multitude of meds, I'm also on metformin, I started trulicity 4 weeks ago and can honestly say I've never felt better, sugar cravings gone (I could eat at least 4 choc bars a day). Initially it caused constipation which after 10 days settled down, I used to suffer from what I thought was irritable bowel/diarrhea now everything normal and regular (sorry TMI lol) yes I've been sick maybe 3 times in 4 weeks but I can live with that!! I do not crave sugar anymore which is a miracle, I have more energy and do not feel lethargic like I used to. My get up n go has got up n returned thank you. For me trulicity has become my wonder drug, I know it's not for everyone but for me it's fantastic,"

Wendsmack (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Second day after taking Trulicity my ear turned bright red on the top, was hot to the touch, and was burning. Also, had a little headache. Called the doctor and was told to try another dose. The next week, got the red ear and burning sensation almost immediately, felt bad. At the third week and fourth weeks had the red ears and burning down the sides of my throat. Fifth week had such a burning down the sides of the neck and throat just could not move. Left work and covered up my head and slept. Couldn't eat. Did not take another dose. Did not have the nausea or other things I have seen listed, did have lose of appetite, didn't even want to drink anything. Has anyone else had the burning red ear tops or neck and throat?"

bplradar (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My blurry vision became clear and my glucose levels dropped from 250 to 150. The side effects will sneak up on you without you even noticing. First week was fine, very little heartburn and acid reflux 1 day after injection. 2nd week, day after injection, woke up thinking I was having a heart attack. Husband gave me what he uses for heartburn and acid reflux. Went away after 2 days this time. The third week, day after injection. Woke up again with feeling of heart attack, chest hurt so bad. Almost went to the hospital. After 30 mins. Very slowly side effects went away after day 4. Then came week 4 after injection. Vomiting, Rash that you can't see but scratch at non-stop and heart attack feeling. Sick and going insane scratching... NOT WORTH IT."

Not Worth It Wilma (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I am Type 2 and have been on Metformin for almost 10 yrs., at different dosages. Currently I was on 1000mg x2 /day and my new endocrinologist switched me to Trulicity. Since day 1, I have been experiencing a constant hunger that I have almost forgotten about it. I do not even want to step on a scale. I have been getting the worst food cravings ever and eating a lot more. Of course, trying to stick to my low-carb eating have also been difficult because this is stronger than me. Also, a lethargy that has prevented me to exercise as often as before. No GI issues. Just this horrible, constant hunger that is making my life miserably. Calling my dr., he already wants to change the medication."

Corinda (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Was on .75 for a month as suppose to boost this up to 1.5 - .75 was not to bad, weight loss, bit of headache now and then. When started 1.5 everything went wrong. I would have a rock hard lump for 3 or 4 days where I put the needle in. Side effect was a feeling like " Hives " Constantly scratching my belly raw around point of impact. some vomiting, speech was off - more harsh, I work nights and lights were bothering me also contributing to headaches. Been off it 2 weeks now and numbers have went from 8-9 back to 13's but all the side effects are gone and I feel better, That is what counts to me. :)"

T.C. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "After a severe episode with uncontrolled type II diabetes, under the care of an endocrinologist & nutritionist, we controlled my sugars w/ both long- and short-acting insulins, better diet, moderate exercise and Metormin. We gradually reduced insulin dosages, at about the same time I started Trulicity 0.75 mg. My sugars continued to decline, and I'm off insulin now. After one month, the dose of Trulicity was upped to 1.5 mg. I've lost 40 lbs, have little appetite, my A1c is 5.7, and I feel great. Initially, the Trulicity caused discomfort, nausea, and some diarrhea. But it was tolerable, it improved over time & I've learned: small meals (300-600 cal) & lower fat content are better. This drug helped me reset, and I am thankful."

YoloIam (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have a love/hate relationship with Trulicity. I was taking 1.5 injection weekly for six months. Yes, you'll lose weight because you're nauseated and fatigued. Just the smell of food can make you feel ill. Because of a Dr./insurance situation I didn't take the dosage for two weeks. I began to feel better with appetite returning and having energy back. My fasting numbers are up to 100-130 (80-100 when on dosage), but I hope there is an alternative to having to take Trulicity. It was not a good match for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I tried this after two other injectable medications and it did the same to me. Extreme nausea within 6 hours, belching sulfur rotten eggs stink that my wife could smell from across the room, then throwing up with diarrhea. It was the pain in what I think was my kidneys that was the most intolerable. Tried for 2 days and never made it to 3. So happy for all of you that are successful and a bit envious as metformin has only added weight and cravings to my already growing body. Wish I understood why or how I could tolerate it."

T Beck (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I took trulicity 1.5 for the first time Wednesday within hours I felt sick tired and the most awful headache I slept most of the day no food Thursday I woke feeling hungover I made a coffee and was immediately sick lump appeared in side of neck went after few hours Friday felt better had some toast but then the watery diarrhoea kicked in Saturday I managed one weetabix by lunchtime I fancied a happy meal (don't know why as I've never wanted one before) big regret as suffered bad diarrhoea all day and slept all day and night. Sunday still no appetite not so tired diarrhoea subsided slight headache but I've lost 5lb my sugars are a consistent 5 and I've reduced novomix from 90units to 40units will I take it Wednesday? I'm not sure"

Sue Flowerpot (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My experience with trulicity was horrible diarrhea My sugar budged by a mere 10. From a steady 189 to 179. This drug did not work for me."

DETO August 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have lost 60 lbs taking 1 injection each week for the last 9 months. My A1C is best since 2012. Has helped decrease my appetite immensely and is main reason for the weight loss. Once I started seeing some results it was easy to moderate intake and start to make better food & beverage choices. It has been a life changer for me. I am hoping to drop another 20lb by Nov 1. Was 365lb 2009 now 242lb. Good luck to all!"

NCWaterman (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started Trulicity this week with Trasiba- took it on Sunday and it's now early hours of the following Saturday morning. I was on Lavimeer- 60 units in morning and same again in the evening plus novo rapid before meals- anything from 10-20 units and my blood sugar was always fluctuating but generally above 10. Blood sugar is now at 7.3 all day every day so much better- long may it continue. Off Lavimeer completely and hardly needing novo rapid. Have lost 7lb in 6 days - again long may that continue. Appetite is well controlled but went out for a meal yesterday lunchtime and really suffered which I'm assuming is the side effects of Trulicity- severe toilet issues, abdominal pain and vomiting. I hope this gets better- I'm going to persevere!"

Kmadnedd (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Finally I have found a drug that works for me! In 2 months I have lost 25lbs. My sugar levels are at an all time low. Yes I get some nausea and a little upset stomach but nothing different than before being on other shots/meds. What I have found that works for me is eating a heck of a lot less. If your not feeling hungry, don't eat unless your sugar is low of course. Eat very small portions. If you start to feeling full, STOP eating! Very small portions and relax. That's my .02 This is the best drug I have found since being diabetic but being a realist, drugs react differently to the individual. You won't know till you try."

Peteforsake August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Took first shot in doctors office 2 weeks ago 75mg and started feeling a little unwell that nite next day extreme nausea, belching, just sick. Finally subsided nite before second shot.Took second shot helps with bringing numbers down though. Side effects of fullness - you have to hydrate and eat smaller meals..hope this helps someone..it does get better O hope Took third shot.. experienced bad nausea and vomiting, "

Dlrosenb (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I switched to Trulicity from Tradjenta at the recommendation of my Nurse Practitioner. The first two weeks taking .75 dosage, I had mild nausea and a little bit of a headache that lasted maybe one day. Week three, it all went to hell. I took it on Wednesday night, as usual. Thursday, mild nausea and a little bit of a headache. Friday, I woke up from the nausea and vomited into my own hands running for the bathroom. I was extremely nauseous all day long. No appetite. Diarrhea all day long. And then, these toxic, sulfur burps every couple of seconds accompanied by an awful taste in my mouth. I was exhausted. This lasted two days. By Sunday, I felt almost better. I'm not taking this anymore. Now, I paid for a ton of this stuff I won't even use"

Donny D (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been on this for going on 4 weeks now , it has made me so sick . My stomach has pain , bad pain in my neck , can't eat anything at all . I am always sleepy which makes it hard to work . My numbers have been great since starting it . But I cannot do the side effects."

Lisa_55 August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have now been on Trulicity about 18 months. When I started injecting Trulicity my sugar levels were between about 15 and 27 (old units) for which I also used 80 units if long acting insulin in the morning and 80 units at night. Plus Novarapid which I had with lunch and my evening meal. I felt so ill that if I had carried on I would have got some serious complications with my life. Trulicity is hard at first for me especially the nausea and the stomach pains but you have to persevere for a few months until your body gets used to this drug. Anyway skipping forward 18 months I am now 2 St 7lbs lighter my sugar levels are constant at about 7/8 plus I don't take any insulin at all now. I am very careful what I eat I would recommend Trulicity."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I use to be on the lowest dose and my dr put me on the next highest dose and I started experiencing sour burps so I stopped taking it...... now my numbers are better and even dropping in the upper 80s so my dr put me back on the lowest dose and yesterday was my first dose and this morning I got up with the nasty sour burps..... yuck!!"

Svick14 (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2017