User Reviews for Dulaglutide

Also known as: Trulicity

Learn more about Dulaglutide.

Diabetes, Type 2 224 reviews 140 medications

Summary of Dulaglutide reviews 224 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Dulaglutide

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "After taking my 4th dose I had a stroke. After testing there was no clear reason for the stroke and trulicy was my only new medicine. I wouldn't take it until the risks of stroke from this med is determined"

Montanawatkins (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: " I started taking T 2 days ago, after being on Lyxumia for over 2 years. My Ha1bc just keeps going up and up, have lost 10kg over 2 years on injection and with 2000mg of Metformin SR. Well 2 days and I feel not too bad have chronic runs but I also get that since my gall bladder was removed, the sulphur burps are really rank!!! Will stick it out and see how it goes, my BG readings are down a little bit so hope it continues. By the way I am from the UK."

chucklemandy March 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started this injectible over a a year ago and am stopping it on my doctor's advice. After all the usual start up symptoms went away after a few weeks, the medication did seem to work, but as time went on it seemed to not work as well. Also, my hair started to thin out and fall out, mildly, and I have Tinnitus and it definitely made it worse, making it very loud. I also started having problems with my liver, gastritis and my thyroid has almost completely stopped working, so now I have to be on Synthroid! Make sure your doctor checks your thyroid at times.TO THE LADY WITH THE NEW STENTS= I have fourteen stents, no problem whatsoever. I also found it helped with the weakness if I ate first thing in the morning."

mhami (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 20, 2017

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started taking trulicity after my insurance would not pay for bydureon. I have been on it for 6 months. I would off and on get what is called diabetic fatigue. No energy have to rest.. it has become more frequent. . Now accompanied by feeling dizzy and feeling like about to pass out when exerting myself, also racing heartbeat. I won't be taking this anymore. I don't want to feel like that."

Cspectre (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Works amazing"

Anonymous March 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been using the Trulicity pen for 5 weeks now and can honestly say it is amazing. It is not a magic bullet or anything like that, but with my determination to eat properly, drink plenty of water, exercise and just simply "do it!"... things are steadily improving. Starting with an 8+ a1c, I am now in the 6 range! And I have lost about 8 pounds in the last 5 weeks. At the age of 67 I have made this the top priority.... time's awasting.... got grandchildren to see grow and develop!"

JustAskMe March 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "first dose .75 of Trulicity is my last. Only able to work 1 day out of 8. Doctor really downplayed the side effects. Vomiting every day, can't eat (or keep down any food), diarrhea is consistency of water. Absolutely a HATEFUL drug!"

dan56789 March 14, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I found trulicity to be very effective in controlling my blood sugar., appetite and cravings. Unfortunately after 2 months I was still having such severe constipation I had to stop. I increased my fiber, water intake, exercise -everything possible to deal with the constipation, but to no benefit. It's too bad because otherwise it was a very effective medication for me."

Anne Crow March 14, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've only taken 1 dose and very reluctantly. The first injection seemed to have no side or few side effects. Before I tried this I was on bydureon had 4 injections. It truly was a nightmare. Nausea and horrible, bad diarrhea. Once I figured out it was the bydureon. I stopped it I'm praying the trulicity works"

Gmas5loves (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This is my 3rd week on Trulicity. The first 2 weeks weren't good. I had bloating, stomach pain, indigestion and constipation. It woke me up in the night. My blood sugar wasn't improving either. I took my 3rd dose 2 days ago. Yesterday and last night, I had the bloating and stomach pain. I started feeling better this morning. Some of the gas passed and I struggled through the rest. This morning, my fasting blood sugar was 130 when it has been 190-225 in the past. This is an improvement, but I've got a ways to go yet. I feel better if I eat very small meals and have a healthy snack in between. It's better than Victoza."

Parks1962 March 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Poisoned me - Do NOT take it! Made me very sick and I felt almost dead ! Military only use it to replace other meds Made me vomit and pass out ! Trust me 4 weeks in and it is only worse. 3/12/17"

JR CHURCH (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was put on Trulicity by my doctor to help reduce my A1C levels along with Metformin 2000 mg 2X a day. I was on it for about 2 months, with samples from my doctor. My A1C levels went from 8.4 to 6.1! My doctor was very happy. I also lost about 10 pounds without trying. I was less hungry so didn't eat as much, lol. The only side effect I had was shortly after eating a meal, I would get a stomach pain that would last about 30 minutes. Other than that nothing else. I would still be on it if not for the cost. Even with my insurance, it was $220.00 for a one month supply. Sorry, I couldn't afford it. I tried to get a discount, but apparently I don't qualify because part of my insurance is subsidized by my employer."

af2 March 9, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "First week- I was cold all the time and I'm never cold. I had flu like body aches. I had nausea after the first day. By the fourth day I had vomiting and diarrhea for about 8 hours straight. Today is one week after the first injection and my stomach is still not the same. I will NOT be taking another injection. Also for several days horrible belching a rotten egg smell"

Cat127 March 8, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Just took my 8th injection of .75 Trulicity today. It has been amazing. I always had trouble with my sugars and would get horrible welts from Levemir. Doctor switched me from Levemir to Tresiba (62 units each morning) and the difference has been amazing. I have GERD so all I can report is that it definitely has not been worse. My sugars used to run around 230 to 323 most of the time. Now they are from about 65 to 130. If I'm under 80, I don't take any short-acting, which is Novolog for me. I've lost about 7 pounds and my cravings are a thing of the past. I am on SSDI and with prior-authorization from my endocrinologist, Medicare has authorized payment. If it ever doesn't, Trulicity and I will part ways."

Kittyfishes March 4, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Yes, I am type 1 diabetic and I know Trulicity is for type 2; but my endocrinologist felt it was worth a shot (pun intended). My blood sugar was controlled but not very well, I mostly estimated the amount of Novolog I needed for meals and rarely used my glucose meter. I was constantly hungry and snacking, pretty much acting as if I wasn't diabetic. Over the past few years, I watched my A1C go higher as did my weight. February 14, 2017 I began seeing my new endocrinologist who prescribed Trulicity. She administered my first injection at her office that morning. I'm not sure if it was the Trulicity, but later that evening I began having flu-like symptoms. Since, extremely decreased appetite, lost 20lbs, sugars are great! Love it!"

pharmcop1 (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started taking trulicity last Monday. Once I had the first injection, I immediately felt symptoms of nausea and dizziness. I'm only in my first week and I have called off work twice because of the diarrhea and vomiting. I do not recommend trulicity I will not take trulicity next week and I hope to not feel the way I feel now. I've lost 4 pounds but I can't hold any food down. My blood sugar is somewhere between 146 and 120 but the way I feel it really doesn't matter."

Ajayi girl March 3, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "So i wrote a review on this drug the other day complaining about my body aches and how awful I felt thought it was the Truliclity making me feel sick turned out I had pneumonia luckily I went to see a doctor and he prescribed me antibiotics I am recovering and feel fine. Took my second injection on Saturday and honesty I have no side effects yet from the drug. I feel fine I don't have much appetite as before but that's ok because I want to eat less anyways. My blood sugars been pretty good around 100 to 130 most of the time. Fasting today was 102. So far so good hopefully I will lose some weight I started Humalog about a year ago and I've gained about 15 to 20 lbs from that. I was scared to try it because of the side effects."

Sukilayvone (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking Trulicity for about 3 1/2 months. Still with side effects. I have smelly breath and I feel like no one wants to get close to me. I have bouts of dizziness when I get up at times. I have terrible indigestion at times. My blood sugars are good. Can't eat much at a time. Haven't lost much weight. Now I have started having a lot of joint pain that I never had before. I don't know if the side effects are worth it."

Spikesmom February 27, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Wanted to share my experience - I did not take this drug Trulicity - my mum did. My mum took this drug for approx. about 6 months and she lost a lot of weight - however, she seemed to get quite a lot of abdominal pain. 1 night she had to home from work - she was in severe pain in her stomach, vomiting and sweating and ended up in A&E. Turns out she had severe acute pancreatitis - she spent nearly 4 months in hospital. She had necrosis of the pancreas and had most of her pancreas removed. She was extremely ill. She died from clots and a stroke in the end. I am convinced this was started from trucility. DO NOT TAKE THE RISK, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, STOP WHEN YOU GET SIDE EFFECTS! I lost my mum. I don't want anyone else to go through the same."

Hannah Grace (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Started on Trulicilty low dose last Thursday and 2 days in I got the chills and body aching esp my back and hands now I have developed a cough and the back of my neck hurts. I have to inject another dose tomorrow let's see how it is hope this isn't the reason why I'm sick cause usually I'm never sick and I got my flu shot. As I'm writing this review review but now I feel like crap. But blood sugar is good fasting today was 93"

Sukilayvone February 25, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Four weeks now on this medication first 3 weeks on 1.5 then they reduced it to .75 still no different, and am NOT taking another one! The vomiting and diarrhoea is crippling me, having to take two days a week off sick, I can't do this. I've lost just under a stone in weight and I'm not that big to start with! The constance stomach cramps not wanting to be far from the loo is taking its toll! It hasn't helped my sugars at all if anything it's worse! Good luck"

Domino66 February 22, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I just started this medication..75 dose. I'm worried about the lab tests on rats causing thyroid tumors...anyone else know about this?"

Trymcclinton (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking the 1.5 dose now for about a month, it has really gotten my diabetes under control, yes I had a little stomach issues (mostly gassy) in the first week or so I used it, but it cleared up, I inject it into my stomach, but I alternate sides every week so I am not injecting it in the same place all the time. I think this helps. I have experienced a bit of weight loss about 2 pounds in a month, which is not terrible. But looking at all the other comments in here, I guess it affects people in different ways, my experience has really not been bad at all. I hate giving my self injections, but it far out weighs the high sugar readings. Your supposed to be between 70 and 99, I was 481, I am now down around the 100 mark."

Boomy3200 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started .75 dose in November of 2016. It immediately curbed my appetite and helped me lose 37 lbs by Feb 2017. There is a little stomach discomfort sometimes but its not too bad. There is also constipation for about 3 days each week, but I believe its from the colon not moving anything. The med slows digestion. My experience with the med is positive, much more than with Bydureon. That's was a nightmare. I recently went to a low carb high fat diet and its working even better now. I hope this helps someone out there. PS, And don't let the doc start you on the higher dose. Ask for samples or rebates because most insurers don't cover it."

Casadejoe (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Day two of taking the higher dose of trulicity I was so ill , my breath smelt like poop and I kept burping with the most awful eggy/ pooey breath , later that night I was violently sick and it smelt again like poop and looked liked it . I've never been sick with what looked like should have come out the other end . Just started on lower dose today so hopefully don't get side affects like that again ."

Lotuselise (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2017