User Reviews for Dulaglutide

Also known as: Trulicity

Learn more about Dulaglutide.

Diabetes, Type 2 302 reviews 141 medications

6.1
Summary of Dulaglutide reviews 302 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Dulaglutide

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have lost 60 lbs taking 1 injection each week for the last 9 months. My A1C is best since 2012. Has helped decrease my appetite immensely and is main reason for the weight loss. Once I started seeing some results it was easy to moderate intake and start to make better food & beverage choices. It has been a life changer for me. I am hoping to drop another 20lb by Nov 1. Was 365lb 2009 now 242lb. Good luck to all!"

NCWaterman (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started Trulicity this week with Trasiba- took it on Sunday and it's now early hours of the following Saturday morning. I was on Lavimeer- 60 units in morning and same again in the evening plus novo rapid before meals- anything from 10-20 units and my blood sugar was always fluctuating but generally above 10. Blood sugar is now at 7.3 all day every day so much better- long may it continue. Off Lavimeer completely and hardly needing novo rapid. Have lost 7lb in 6 days - again long may that continue. Appetite is well controlled but went out for a meal yesterday lunchtime and really suffered which I'm assuming is the side effects of Trulicity- severe toilet issues, abdominal pain and vomiting. I hope this gets better- I'm going to persevere!"

Kmadnedd (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Finally I have found a drug that works for me! In 2 months I have lost 25lbs. My sugar levels are at an all time low. Yes I get some nausea and a little upset stomach but nothing different than before being on other shots/meds. What I have found that works for me is eating a heck of a lot less. If your not feeling hungry, don't eat unless your sugar is low of course. Eat very small portions. If you start to feeling full, STOP eating! Very small portions and relax. That's my .02 This is the best drug I have found since being diabetic but being a realist, drugs react differently to the individual. You won't know till you try."

Peteforsake August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Took first shot in doctors office 2 weeks ago 75mg and started feeling a little unwell that nite next day extreme nausea, belching, just sick. Finally subsided nite before second shot.Took second shot helps with bringing numbers down though. Side effects of fullness - you have to hydrate and eat smaller meals..hope this helps someone..it does get better O hope Took third shot.. experienced bad nausea and vomiting, "

Dlrosenb (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I switched to Trulicity from Tradjenta at the recommendation of my Nurse Practitioner. The first two weeks taking .75 dosage, I had mild nausea and a little bit of a headache that lasted maybe one day. Week three, it all went to hell. I took it on Wednesday night, as usual. Thursday, mild nausea and a little bit of a headache. Friday, I woke up from the nausea and vomited into my own hands running for the bathroom. I was extremely nauseous all day long. No appetite. Diarrhea all day long. And then, these toxic, sulfur burps every couple of seconds accompanied by an awful taste in my mouth. I was exhausted. This lasted two days. By Sunday, I felt almost better. I'm not taking this anymore. Now, I paid for a ton of this stuff I won't even use"

Donny D (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been on this for going on 4 weeks now , it has made me so sick . My stomach has pain , bad pain in my neck , can't eat anything at all . I am always sleepy which makes it hard to work . My numbers have been great since starting it . But I cannot do the side effects."

Lisa_55 August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have now been on Trulicity about 18 months. When I started injecting Trulicity my sugar levels were between about 15 and 27 (old units) for which I also used 80 units if long acting insulin in the morning and 80 units at night. Plus Novarapid which I had with lunch and my evening meal. I felt so ill that if I had carried on I would have got some serious complications with my life. Trulicity is hard at first for me especially the nausea and the stomach pains but you have to persevere for a few months until your body gets used to this drug. Anyway skipping forward 18 months I am now 2 St 7lbs lighter my sugar levels are constant at about 7/8 plus I don't take any insulin at all now. I am very careful what I eat I would recommend Trulicity."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I use to be on the lowest dose and my dr put me on the next highest dose and I started experiencing sour burps so I stopped taking it...... now my numbers are better and even dropping in the upper 80s so my dr put me back on the lowest dose and yesterday was my first dose and this morning I got up with the nasty sour burps..... yuck!!"

Svick14 (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I am on my 3rd week of Trulicity. I was really apprehensive after the first dose, and I waited for the awful symptoms to kick in. I was looking after my diet and exercising. After 4 days, I kinda over ate and also had some ice cream. That's when the nausea and diarrhea kicked in. Stomach and nausea settled back to normal in a day or so. To avoid these symptoms, its really important to avoid diary and eat very small meals. My numbers have shown a dramatic improvement. I've lost 11 pounds so far, but that because I have dieted and exercised along-with the Trulicity. Good luck everybody"

Binu in Abu Dhabi August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have just took my first dose on Sunday 30th July woke up in night with abdo pain but not too bad. But have had heartburn from hell and belching, haven't eaten much so I hope the weight loss will come,"

donkeydoodles August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I've been on the Trulicity for 4 weeks now. I have had ALL of the side effects and still feel terrible right now. I am going to hang in there and give it another month. My numbers are great and every now and then a low sugar reading. Just like the metformin, my body had to get use to it and now no side effects. Well I say here I go again. Tummy a little sore. I don't mind 1 dose per week compared to 3-4 dose per day. I am also trying the V-Go. I hope with the weight loss, I can soon come off all insulin and go back to diet controlled and meds. I can do this!"

Stayingalive (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was vomiting in the mornings, after using it for 6 months, I thought I had a bad sore throat, got antibiotics, seemed better, but always have this hoarse throat with a lump feeling, stopped trulicity and it went away. I won't take it anymore, metformin will be it."

timmyjams (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was on trulicity .75 for two weeks and was just upped to 1.5...my first injection went fine till I woke up next morning with severe body aches in all my joints and having stomach aches and diarrhea. That lasted for about a week. I took second .75 shot and no body aches but still get the occasional stomach ache and still having diarrhea, have to stay close to a bathroom. I lost some weight even tho only been two weeks, but maybe just because I'm on the toilet so much seems more goes out than in. My sugars didn't go down as much as I wanted but are definitely better. So in a few days I start 1.5 I hope this will do the trick."

Do man (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I just took my first dose Sunday night. I woke up in the middle of the night last night (2nd night in) with extreme acid reflux, very bad stomach bloating, very bad gas both belching and flatulence which tastes like nothing I can even describe and smells just as bad. Has anyone ever encountered this before with this medicine?"

Jeanetteys July 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I just started Trulicity last Sunday, I went to a new endo doctor and told her that my A1c is not coming down, and my fasting blood sugar is up. So far the only side effect was dry mouth the next day, I did have a little diarrhea but can't say if its from the Trulicity or the metformin, because the metformin does give me GI issues. On a good note I'm down 3lbs and my fasting morning BS are way down. So far so good. I'll keep you posted."

Tbone641 July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My doctor gave me the injection in his office. I take no other meds for my diabetes (type 2). A1C was around 10, triglycerides were 3000, cholesterol was 541. I also have acute pancreatitis, and later read this med was not good for this pre-existing condition. That night after the shot, I became ill, lower back pains, an extreme full feeling in my tummy, nausea, and dizziness. He also prescribed tricore to get my triglycerides down. I have been sloppy with my diet, and I know what I need to do to change my eating. I honestly can say, after reading other reviews, that this drug scares me, and I wont be buying more. 629 drug interactions I read about on another site and me being fatigued and in a fog for three days, I say no more."

Lambchop777 July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I did fine until first shot of increased dosage. 2 days after injection I had severe diarrhea and vomiting. I had one walk-in clinic visit for fluids. Two ER visits with the last ending in admittance to hospital with 5 more bags of fluid. I wouldn't suggest anyone take the increased dosage if the smaller dosage is working. Actually I wouldn't recommend it to anyone"

milk maid July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been battling this silent disease for too long (20 years) with no good end results. I was just starting to think maybe my high numbers are normal for me? After finding the right doctor and the right regiment I think I'm starting to get back to normal. (what is that?), with Metformin, Lantus and, Trulicity . I was a little weary about taking a weekly injectable...scared of something going wrong. My numbers are no longer 400-600. Trulicity has brought them down to NORMAL! I'm only fearful of the bad data out there and what are the long term effects of this drug? Need to do more research but it's working!"

insulin resistant (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking Trulicity for 6 months. I started on the lowest dose for 2 months then increased to a double dose for the next 4 months. I thought it was working great until 2 days ago and I got numbers in the mid 500's the past 2 days. Talked to another person using Trulicity also and the same thing happened to him. Neither one of have changed our diet or have done anything differently. It's a mystery. I'm wondering this was a bad batch or if it just stops working after a while. At $250 a month I can't afford something that works this ineffectively. Any others have this problem?"

u don't need to know (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Well this is week 2 taking this and I have every single side effect. The worse is the abdominal pain. Of course your losing weight with nausea and diarrhea. I have zero appetite but must eat something. I have lost 6 lbs already but it's due to side effects. Not sure if I will continue this treatment if these abdominal pain so don't subside."

Almost over July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I am on my 2nd dose, and no side effects at all. I haven't lost interest in food, like I was hoping because I need to lose weight. I have not been sick or anything, and my daily readings have not gone down by much. I almost wonder if its really getting inside of me when i inject it (Being funny there). I hope it starts to do something, I am on the lower dose, so maybe I need the higher one. I go for a follow up in August, I will know more then"

Bunnyblue25 (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Addendum to June 13th post: My A1c is 7.2, down from 9.2 in May. That's 2 points in 2 months. Yaay!!!! My Endo was very pleased. He started me on Trulicity..75 in May because I was having GI issues with Janumet. I've had no nausea or diarrhea with Trulicity. Only mild headache, decreased appetite, some abdominal soreness/achiness, and low blood sugars during the day. Now, I take 5-10 units of Novolog prior to meals and at times none at all depending on my blood sugar reading. My Levemir has decreased as well- I take 42 units at night vs the previous dosage of 50 units twice daily. My weight is down 6 lbs. I recently filled a prescription for a 90-day supply of Trulicity and did not have a co-pay. Overall, I am pleased."

deren-Oh (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Addendum to June 13th post: I AM SO HAPPY TO REPORT- My A1c is down from 9.1 in May to 7.2 as of today!!!! That's after 6- once weekly injections, smaller portion sizes, some weight loss, exercise and diligence on my part. I'm still taking the .75 dosage of Trulicity, a decreased dosage of Levemir at night; Novolog (as needed) prior to meals. I'm hoping to have the insulins discontinued at some point. No issues with nausea or diarrhea. My belly is tender or aches at times, but not painful. I still experience occasional low blood sugars that require I keep a snack on hand. I plan to mention these symptoms to my Endo. tomorrow. My fasting blood sugars run <130; 2-hour blood sugars (post meals) <150. Overall, I'm pleased."

deren-Oh (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Trulicity for 3 weeks and I love it. My blood fasting readings have dropped from an average of 205 to an average of 147. With my Tufts insurance, 4 pens had a co-pay of $30.I have had no side effects at all."

TonyBLowell June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Trulicity (dulaglutide) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on this injection for 6 weeks now.... the first injection I did in my thigh and it hurt like hell, the following injections I did in my tummy and didn't feel a thing. I have had an upset tummy, but nothing that I can't put up with, as the benefits have outweighed that. I have a real food addiction and I have lost interest in food and have to make myself eat, so my blood doesn't go too low. My sugar has dramatically improved, I have more energy, I have lost weight, and suddenly I have motivation back. I would recommend the medication, but it seems it depends on the reaction to your own body if people can use it or not."

Jess1972 June 25, 2017