User Reviews for Beyaz

Birth Control 77 reviews 283 medications

6.6
Summary of Beyaz reviews 111 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Beyaz

For Birth Control "I've been on Beyaz going on 5 years now. Good thing about this birth control is: it does the job! No babies, no bad acne, super light periods here and there.. However, I've been experiencing mood swings lately. I will cry and cry and cry till I can't cry no more! I'm so mean to people now..which is crazy because I'm usually people person-ish most of the time. It makes me super hot at night and makes my chest feel heavier than usual. It's cool for keeping weight down, acne, and no babies. I just think Beyaz has ran its course for my body."

RosyRugar (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 8, 2016

For Acne "I'm 35, mom of 2. I had acne as a teen, and accutane cleared it up. Then didn't have any issues with acne in my 20's. It progressively worse after I had my second child. Spiro didn't help. I finally decided to get back on BC to see if that would. I started taking beyaz 3 weeks ago. I noticed my skin was less oily the 1st week. 2nd week I noticed there were no new pimples (where there would usually a new one or more daily!), and now in the 3rd week, my skin is glowing. Like, actually, pretty. It's not been this clear in years. I've not had any of the typical side effects so far (no nausea, weight gain, or reduced sex drive). So far I love it! Give this a try if you're struggling with adult acne!"

Bmart (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I had been using the pill for 8 years. I used the first version of this pill, yaz, then switched to b-yaz when it came out. I went about my life for a few years and then considered switching to Ashlyan which is just one period every 3 months. Well let me tell you having only one period every 3 months is MAGICAL. Unfortunately my acne went full force, 6 months into the new pill my entire face was broken out. I was using the strong topical prescription available & still just getting worse. I was at my lowest when I realized the problem was probably the pill. I spoke with my doc & we decided I could switch back to b-yaz and just get 2 extra packs a year and still get only 1 period every 3 months. 1 month into b-yaz & My face is clear again!"

Lauren889 September 1, 2016

For Birth Control "My daughter, after using Beyaz for 6 months, developed bruises, swollen lumps, joint pain, and finally she needed to use crutches to walk. We saw many doctors, but none knew what to do. So on our own, we decided she should go off off Beyaz, and the symptoms slowly disappeared. 9 months later, they are gone, thankfully, but it was a nightmare!"

Anne's mom July 29, 2016

For Birth Control "Beyaz didn't work for me. My GYN put my on this pill because I wasn't ovulating. This pill turned out to be my worst nightmare. The first week, I became very emotional and light menstrual bleeding and cramps. The second week my bleeding became heavier and cramps turned into preassure in my lower abdominal area. The pressure made me so uncomfortable. No medicine helped. Called my GYN office and spoke with her nurse. She suggested doubling up on the meds I was currently taking. That helped some but not much. The third week the bleeding became extreme with large blood clots. Having to wear 2 huge pads at a time was awful. And the pressure turned back into pain. I called my GYN back they advised me to stop the pill immediately."

Anonymously Anon (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2016

For Acne "From 18 years old until 24 (my current age) I used to have oily skin and all-over breakouts on my face and upper back. I was on Proactiv forever and finally was fed up with the ridiculous cost and little results. I asked my doc to put my on a BC that would address my acne issue and she chose Beyaz. I have never had terrible deep cystic acne, but rather constant red bumps/pimples and under the skin bumps. The first 3 months of taking Beyaz, I noticed less above the skin acne but more deep painful bumps. However, after the 3 month mark, my skin DRASTICALLY improved. It's smooth and clear. I get an occasional breakout here and there but holy smokes. I have no negative outcomes- no weight gain and no crazy hormonal outbursts. TRY THIS!!!!!"

DL Herm July 18, 2016

For Birth Control "Overall this was a good pill for me. The only reason I stopped taking it was because i wanted to switch to a form of birth control that i didnt have to take everyday. At first for maybe the first two weeks I felt more depressed but after that I felt the same as usual. I did spot through pretty much the whole second month BUT that has happened with every birth control I have been on, so I think it is just my body. There was also a mild increase in acne toward the end of the first pack but it went away and my skin became very clear. This pill was also helpful for excess hair growth that i have in certain areas. It was a helpful pill for my pms symptoms and to regulate my periods."

starwishes20 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2016

For Acne "I was on Loloestrin Fe for about 4 years before switching to Beyaz. I loved Loloestrin, but randomly started breaking out all over my neck and chin. After trying every topical solution out there I finally decided to switch pills, although I was terrified of gaining weight. I'm now on my second month of Beyaz and it has literally been the best thing to ever happen to me. I broke out pretty bad at first but my acne has DRAMATICALLY improved. I actually lost weight, my libido is up, and no dramatic mood swings. The only thing is is that I've been spotting between my periods but that's expected the first couple months. Also, I'll have random nausea but it quickly goes away. Everyone's different but give Beyaz a try! It may change your life."

Fenz88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2016

For Birth Control "So I will say that Beyaz has served its course. I've been on it for a little over a year and can only offer 2 pros. Pros: it stopped my period, it prevented pregnancy. Cons: the mood swings are terrible, I am always irritated, every little thing bothers me, I am so rude to my husband. Not to mention, I cry at the drop of a dime. Before Beyaz, I could count on one hand the number of times I had cried in the last 5 years. Also, the weight gain. My doctor put me on Beyaz because it was supposed to help me lose weight. Instead, I have gained everywhere & although I constantly work out, I can't lose the weight. I have never had acne, so I can't really speak on that, but I will say that I have had quite a few breakouts while being on Beyaz."

SydNik April 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I am 19 years old and have been taking Beyaz for 3 months. This is my first time being on birth control. However, I am switching because of the mood swings. I feel like I have crippling depression. I am NOT like this at all - this isn't me. It has gotten worse each month. I cry at every little thing and have had increasing suicidal thoughts. It is absolutely miserable. Other than depression, other negative effects have been weight gain (nearly 10lbs), low sex drive, and my acne has stayed prominent. The only positive aspects are I didn't get pregnant (a few times I missed my time to take the pill up to 7 hours) and my breasts are definitely bigger than normal."

Shaylen (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Beyaz birth control for about 5 years now, and I have never really had any serious problems with it! As a birth control, it seems to be working great no babies here! I've never really had any acne, however I used to get random pimples on my thighs which was so strange to me but when I started Beyaz they quickly disappeared. My breasts have grown a substantial amount, but I do not have bad bloating or weight gain in other areas which is awesome. The only downside I have noticed to this medication, is that my mood swings were terrible the first couple weeks. This is normal when you give your body any extra hormones so I was not too worried about it. The mood swings stopped about 4 weeks in."

BeyazUser (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 9, 2016

For Acne "I started Beyaz in March of 2015 for my acne and now it is February 2016- it has almost been a year. I've had bad acne for about 4 years before starting Beyaz. I was on dermatologist prescribed medication but nothing was working as good as it I would hope. About 2-3 months after starting Beyaz I noticed improvement. It was very slow improvement but now it is it beyond noticeable. About halfway through the year of using Beyaz I started in a new environment which was college I thought this would make me break out. Now, 6 months into college, and I hardly ever have breakouts and I use less and less makeup. For me, Beyaz has changed my face completely. I use to have multiple breakouts before, and now I can't even remember the last pimple I had"

Marie Tiger (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking BeYaz for a year now to prevent pregnancy. Because I have been taking it consistently at a scheduled time it has worked wonders! I would recommend this pill to anyone that is sexually active. Only side effects I have noticed are blood clots and emotional sensitivity. 10/10 highly recommend."

Anonymous January 4, 2016

For Birth Control "BEYAZ is my WORST ENEMY! I took this BC pill for 1 1/2 months. Completed week 1 and the mood swings started. Week 3 I started bleeding light with minor cramps. Week 4 my light bleeding turned into heavy bleeding changing my pad every hour or less. The cramps were no longer minor they were just unbearable that I had to take Norco and Ibuprofen at the same time just to take the edge off. I spoke to my GYN about the symptoms and I was advise to give it another try even after I was in the ER injected with Dilaudid. Started 2nd pack as the bleeding and cramping still continues. Put on Vicodin and Naproxen for pain. I became depressed, angry, isolated, emotionally unattached and extremely tired I quit taking it mid way and now I'm in recovery."

Just Pain No Gain (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2015

For Birth Control "Beyaz was good my first year, but as I continued to take it my libido short to none. I grew emotional, started having anxiety problems. I will be discontinuing this birth control bcz it's starting to affect my marriage."

JMP15 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 8, 2015

For Birth Control "So far it's been a lot better than I expected. I have been dreading going on hormonal birth control, but after a failed experience with my Paragard IUD, I gave Beyaz a try. I haven't gained any weight at all- this was my biggest fear and I'm so happy it didn't come true. My stomach is flat and unbloated. My boobs have increased in size- they just feel nice and full but not sore! Sometimes I do feel a little blue, and my sex drive is definitely lower. My libido is at about 90% when I am with my boyfriend. My acne has gotten much worse, but they say this happens at first and then clear skin follows. Period has been light and no cramps!"

B25W (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2015

For Birth Control "When I first started taking Beyaz it was great. I had no problems but towards the end of the cycle I had terrible attitude, was very emotional, nauseous and too many headaches. Once my period was gone it came back a day after and it was light to medium. Very bad cramps. My appetite increased a lot more when I started. But everyone's body is different and would react different to the pills."

Yasmin. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 26, 2015

For Birth Control "Took it for 4 years. Acne was cleared up perfectly and I actually lost weight. In the beginning however I had pretty bad anxiety and was noticeably more emotional. Towards the end of my use I noticed my lethargy and mental fuzziness while in college. I also had dryness and a pretty low sex drive. Great obvious pros...but for me there were hidden cons physiologically and psychologically."

cleverhalie (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 8, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I am 21 and when I started this birth control I took it to relieve horrible periods due to what I believe is endometriosis with intense pain that lead to passing out and heavy bleeding, horrible! This pain has stopped which is great and my acne stayed about the same as before, minor, not any worse. But the last month I have been on it a new symptom has arose that is causing me to switch, the worst nausea I have ever had, I take it at night and I wake up in the morning almost unable to do anything. Also now get carsick and never have before and increased my anxiety. I should mention I do have hashimotos thyroid disease which may contribute to my experience. Will be switching to microgestin to see if I can be more comfortable."

Emilythyroidawareness (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking Beyaz for about 5 years now, I started when I was 14 because of severe cramps. It worked great for a while but in the last few months I have experienced spotting and longer periods with more severe cramps. I am going to speak to a doctor about trying another pill."

rosie12345 February 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I feel wonderful taking Beyaz but it's not perfect. It really helped with moderate acne, sometimes I would break out on my back and chest since taking I don't remember when I had a blemish. I have no mood swings, bloating or weight gain-- I'm actually at my lowest weight. Best thing my sex drive is great. The only minus is my period still varies sometimes it's heavy, sometimes it's light and I'm still getting intensive cramps the first day but honestly, I have no other issues and I can deal with it."

23 year old January 15, 2015

For Acne "After one month I began noticing a difference. I was still getting breakouts, but they were healing faster and were not painful anymore. By two months I still was getting pimples but they were tiny, and vanishing overnight. Then after that, it stopped all together. I don't currently have a single pimple on my face and my post acne marks have had the chance to fade over the last three weeks. I'm finishing up my third month on the pill this week. Side Effects: At first I felt a bit drowsy, had spotting the first two months, and breast tenderness. But these symptoms seem to be fading just like my acne. I would strongly recommend this to anyone who thinks they may have hormonal acne. I only wish I had tried it sooner!"

Chixadee (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2014

For Acne "Beyaz was the second birth control I used. In terms of acne it completely cleared my back, chest, and face acne. However, I have gained about 15 pounds and am very active and cannot lose weight. I also am irritable like no other. I have terrible mood swings. I loved that it cleared my acne but the mood swings and weight gain have to go so, I am switching to Apri but if that doesn't work I would go back."

Georgina Sparx August 12, 2014

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "This is the 2nd month that I have been on this pill. My doctor put me on it because I have such horrendous cramps every month and he thought this would help. It has not. Since I've been on this pill, I have had my period every two weeks for the same amount of time I normally have it (3-4 days) along with the awful awful cramps. I see such good reviews about this and wonder why my body isn't reacting well to it. Wondering if anyone else has had the same experience and wondering if it will work itself out. I can't see doc until August 7th."

MLL (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2014

For Acne "I love Beyaz. I was on Beyaz for 4 years and decided to try a new pill (Dumb). I switched to another birth control for a year and broke out terribly, battled depression and had inexplicable mood swings. I switched back to Beyaz two months ago and my acne has cleared COMPLETELY after a month and a half, my breasts grew a cup size, and I am not gaining weight. I am also a runner and was worried about the 'blood clot' scandals with this medicine, however, I have never had a problem. It is an incredible birth control pill for me and I absolutely LOVE it. I am also a nurse- from my understanding, I want to note that many of the issues with blood clots are in HIGH RISK patients- those who smoke, who are over 40 etc. Take care of your body!"

Nurse Mela (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 10, 2014