User Reviews for Beyaz

Birth Control 81 reviews 293 medications

6.8
Summary of Beyaz reviews 117 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Beyaz

For Birth Control "I switched to Beyaz about 4 years ago, after being on OrthoNovum. The first 3 months was tough. I recall having irritability, fatigue, discolored complexion, breakthrough bleeding during sex, etc. After that transition I felt fine. About 2 years ago my period began being lighter and lighter and evenutally went away. I asked my GYN if it was ok and she assured me that Beyaz may eliminate my period. At first I was displeased because I wanted a period to prove that I wasn't pregnant each month. But when my gyno told me she can put me on something else to force a period, I told her no! Now with the new year, I discovered that my new RX plan doesnt cover ANY of the BEYAZ/RAJANI/SAFYRAL contraceptives. I'm DOOMED!! :-("

NeedFolicAcid January 10, 2017

For Acne "Broke my face out horrible.every where my face was covered with acne. I was on it for 4 months and I regret it so much. I would only get a zit every now and then. I stopped the pill my face is better but I have horrible scarring everywhere. My face was so pretty and this pill ruined it."

Ashes21490 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking beyaz for 3 years. And I love it! I take it religiously! Same time everyday! I have had no problems with it, in fact my periods have became lighter since taking it! Which I love because I hated my period. And my face is so clear! I had bad acne before I started it and I get compliments all the time now about how clear and smooth my face is! And I would recommend this pill to someone who knows they can take it on time everyday, who wants to get rid of their acne, and who doesn't want any kids!"

MayT (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I started Beyaz 2 years ago, then stopped it for about a year because I didn't need it (so I thought). I wasn't in any type of serious relationship when I stopped taking it then proceeded to end up in something serious. I decided to get back on it (3-4 months ago) and I truly love this pill. This go round I take it as directed, everyday on the same hour. I've missed one dosage and just doubled up the next day and started back my routine as directed. My periods weren't regular when I first started it, but continuing it and sticking with it and taking it as directed... they became regular. Not so heavy (sometimes have clots but I can handle that). I really recommend this pill. But take it like you're supposed to! Also: no weight gain for me!"

aes2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2016

For Acne "Beyaz saved my skin. Literally. I always had nice skin as a teenager with the occasional, mild breakout. But about 10 months after I turned 21, I broke out in hormonal acne. It legitimately covered my entire face except the sides of my cheeks. I seriously tried everything before my mom finally suggested birth control. I was skeptical because I feared I would gain weight, but desperate for clean skin again I decided to try it. My doctor told me it would probably make my skin worse before it made it better, which it did, but after 3 months I saw good results. Now, at a little over 5 months, my skin is almost as clear as it was before. It takes a little bit of time, but it's so worth it. It also didn't effect my weight. So grateful for Beyaz!"

Anonymous October 30, 2016

For Birth Control "It took 2-3 months for everything to regulate, but now that I've been on it for almost a year, I love it. My cramps aren't as bad, bleeding is much lighter than it used to be, hormones are 1,000 times more steady, and best of all: only 4 periods per year! Only drawback is that I get random menstrual-like cramps, but they're very light, don't even need to take ibuprofen, it's more of a small annoyance than anything. I haven't gained weight, but my face has broken out some over the past 1-2 months; it didn't for the longest time so I'm not sure whether there's a correlation to the Beyaz or not. I take it at night, because if I take any kind of birth control in the morning I feel extremely dizzy/nauseous all day. Overall an awesome choice!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Beyaz going on 5 years now. Good thing about this birth control is: it does the job! No babies, no bad acne, super light periods here and there.. However, I've been experiencing mood swings lately. I will cry and cry and cry till I can't cry no more! I'm so mean to people now..which is crazy because I'm usually people person-ish most of the time. It makes me super hot at night and makes my chest feel heavier than usual. It's cool for keeping weight down, acne, and no babies. I just think Beyaz has ran its course for my body."

RosyRugar (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 8, 2016

For Acne "I'm 35, mom of 2. I had acne as a teen, and accutane cleared it up. Then didn't have any issues with acne in my 20's. It progressively worse after I had my second child. Spiro didn't help. I finally decided to get back on BC to see if that would. I started taking beyaz 3 weeks ago. I noticed my skin was less oily the 1st week. 2nd week I noticed there were no new pimples (where there would usually a new one or more daily!), and now in the 3rd week, my skin is glowing. Like, actually, pretty. It's not been this clear in years. I've not had any of the typical side effects so far (no nausea, weight gain, or reduced sex drive). So far I love it! Give this a try if you're struggling with adult acne!"

Bmart (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I had been using the pill for 8 years. I used the first version of this pill, yaz, then switched to b-yaz when it came out. I went about my life for a few years and then considered switching to Ashlyan which is just one period every 3 months. Well let me tell you having only one period every 3 months is MAGICAL. Unfortunately my acne went full force, 6 months into the new pill my entire face was broken out. I was using the strong topical prescription available & still just getting worse. I was at my lowest when I realized the problem was probably the pill. I spoke with my doc & we decided I could switch back to b-yaz and just get 2 extra packs a year and still get only 1 period every 3 months. 1 month into b-yaz & My face is clear again!"

Lauren889 September 1, 2016

For Birth Control "My daughter, after using Beyaz for 6 months, developed bruises, swollen lumps, joint pain, and finally she needed to use crutches to walk. We saw many doctors, but none knew what to do. So on our own, we decided she should go off off Beyaz, and the symptoms slowly disappeared. 9 months later, they are gone, thankfully, but it was a nightmare!"

Anne's mom July 29, 2016

For Birth Control "Beyaz didn't work for me. My GYN put my on this pill because I wasn't ovulating. This pill turned out to be my worst nightmare. The first week, I became very emotional and light menstrual bleeding and cramps. The second week my bleeding became heavier and cramps turned into preassure in my lower abdominal area. The pressure made me so uncomfortable. No medicine helped. Called my GYN office and spoke with her nurse. She suggested doubling up on the meds I was currently taking. That helped some but not much. The third week the bleeding became extreme with large blood clots. Having to wear 2 huge pads at a time was awful. And the pressure turned back into pain. I called my GYN back they advised me to stop the pill immediately."

Anonymously Anon (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2016

For Acne "From 18 years old until 24 (my current age) I used to have oily skin and all-over breakouts on my face and upper back. I was on Proactiv forever and finally was fed up with the ridiculous cost and little results. I asked my doc to put my on a BC that would address my acne issue and she chose Beyaz. I have never had terrible deep cystic acne, but rather constant red bumps/pimples and under the skin bumps. The first 3 months of taking Beyaz, I noticed less above the skin acne but more deep painful bumps. However, after the 3 month mark, my skin DRASTICALLY improved. It's smooth and clear. I get an occasional breakout here and there but holy smokes. I have no negative outcomes- no weight gain and no crazy hormonal outbursts. TRY THIS!!!!!"

DL Herm July 18, 2016

For Birth Control "Overall this was a good pill for me. The only reason I stopped taking it was because i wanted to switch to a form of birth control that i didnt have to take everyday. At first for maybe the first two weeks I felt more depressed but after that I felt the same as usual. I did spot through pretty much the whole second month BUT that has happened with every birth control I have been on, so I think it is just my body. There was also a mild increase in acne toward the end of the first pack but it went away and my skin became very clear. This pill was also helpful for excess hair growth that i have in certain areas. It was a helpful pill for my pms symptoms and to regulate my periods."

starwishes20 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2016

For Acne "I was on Loloestrin Fe for about 4 years before switching to Beyaz. I loved Loloestrin, but randomly started breaking out all over my neck and chin. After trying every topical solution out there I finally decided to switch pills, although I was terrified of gaining weight. I'm now on my second month of Beyaz and it has literally been the best thing to ever happen to me. I broke out pretty bad at first but my acne has DRAMATICALLY improved. I actually lost weight, my libido is up, and no dramatic mood swings. The only thing is is that I've been spotting between my periods but that's expected the first couple months. Also, I'll have random nausea but it quickly goes away. Everyone's different but give Beyaz a try! It may change your life."

Fenz88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2016

For Birth Control "So I will say that Beyaz has served its course. I've been on it for a little over a year and can only offer 2 pros. Pros: it stopped my period, it prevented pregnancy. Cons: the mood swings are terrible, I am always irritated, every little thing bothers me, I am so rude to my husband. Not to mention, I cry at the drop of a dime. Before Beyaz, I could count on one hand the number of times I had cried in the last 5 years. Also, the weight gain. My doctor put me on Beyaz because it was supposed to help me lose weight. Instead, I have gained everywhere & although I constantly work out, I can't lose the weight. I have never had acne, so I can't really speak on that, but I will say that I have had quite a few breakouts while being on Beyaz."

SydNik April 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I am 19 years old and have been taking Beyaz for 3 months. This is my first time being on birth control. However, I am switching because of the mood swings. I feel like I have crippling depression. I am NOT like this at all - this isn't me. It has gotten worse each month. I cry at every little thing and have had increasing suicidal thoughts. It is absolutely miserable. Other than depression, other negative effects have been weight gain (nearly 10lbs), low sex drive, and my acne has stayed prominent. The only positive aspects are I didn't get pregnant (a few times I missed my time to take the pill up to 7 hours) and my breasts are definitely bigger than normal."

Shaylen (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on Beyaz birth control for about 5 years now, and I have never really had any serious problems with it! As a birth control, it seems to be working great no babies here! I've never really had any acne, however I used to get random pimples on my thighs which was so strange to me but when I started Beyaz they quickly disappeared. My breasts have grown a substantial amount, but I do not have bad bloating or weight gain in other areas which is awesome. The only downside I have noticed to this medication, is that my mood swings were terrible the first couple weeks. This is normal when you give your body any extra hormones so I was not too worried about it. The mood swings stopped about 4 weeks in."

BeyazUser (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 9, 2016

For Acne "I started Beyaz in March of 2015 for my acne and now it is February 2016- it has almost been a year. I've had bad acne for about 4 years before starting Beyaz. I was on dermatologist prescribed medication but nothing was working as good as it I would hope. About 2-3 months after starting Beyaz I noticed improvement. It was very slow improvement but now it is it beyond noticeable. About halfway through the year of using Beyaz I started in a new environment which was college I thought this would make me break out. Now, 6 months into college, and I hardly ever have breakouts and I use less and less makeup. For me, Beyaz has changed my face completely. I use to have multiple breakouts before, and now I can't even remember the last pimple I had"

Marie Tiger (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking BeYaz for a year now to prevent pregnancy. Because I have been taking it consistently at a scheduled time it has worked wonders! I would recommend this pill to anyone that is sexually active. Only side effects I have noticed are blood clots and emotional sensitivity. 10/10 highly recommend."

Anonymous January 4, 2016

For Birth Control "BEYAZ is my WORST ENEMY! I took this BC pill for 1 1/2 months. Completed week 1 and the mood swings started. Week 3 I started bleeding light with minor cramps. Week 4 my light bleeding turned into heavy bleeding changing my pad every hour or less. The cramps were no longer minor they were just unbearable that I had to take Norco and Ibuprofen at the same time just to take the edge off. I spoke to my GYN about the symptoms and I was advise to give it another try even after I was in the ER injected with Dilaudid. Started 2nd pack as the bleeding and cramping still continues. Put on Vicodin and Naproxen for pain. I became depressed, angry, isolated, emotionally unattached and extremely tired I quit taking it mid way and now I'm in recovery."

Just Pain No Gain (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2015

For Birth Control "Beyaz was good my first year, but as I continued to take it my libido short to none. I grew emotional, started having anxiety problems. I will be discontinuing this birth control bcz it's starting to affect my marriage."

JMP15 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 8, 2015

For Birth Control "So far it's been a lot better than I expected. I have been dreading going on hormonal birth control, but after a failed experience with my Paragard IUD, I gave Beyaz a try. I haven't gained any weight at all- this was my biggest fear and I'm so happy it didn't come true. My stomach is flat and unbloated. My boobs have increased in size- they just feel nice and full but not sore! Sometimes I do feel a little blue, and my sex drive is definitely lower. My libido is at about 90% when I am with my boyfriend. My acne has gotten much worse, but they say this happens at first and then clear skin follows. Period has been light and no cramps!"

B25W (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2015

For Birth Control "When I first started taking Beyaz it was great. I had no problems but towards the end of the cycle I had terrible attitude, was very emotional, nauseous and too many headaches. Once my period was gone it came back a day after and it was light to medium. Very bad cramps. My appetite increased a lot more when I started. But everyone's body is different and would react different to the pills."

Yasmin. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 26, 2015

For Birth Control "Took it for 4 years. Acne was cleared up perfectly and I actually lost weight. In the beginning however I had pretty bad anxiety and was noticeably more emotional. Towards the end of my use I noticed my lethargy and mental fuzziness while in college. I also had dryness and a pretty low sex drive. Great obvious pros...but for me there were hidden cons physiologically and psychologically."

cleverhalie (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 8, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I am 21 and when I started this birth control I took it to relieve horrible periods due to what I believe is endometriosis with intense pain that lead to passing out and heavy bleeding, horrible! This pain has stopped which is great and my acne stayed about the same as before, minor, not any worse. But the last month I have been on it a new symptom has arose that is causing me to switch, the worst nausea I have ever had, I take it at night and I wake up in the morning almost unable to do anything. Also now get carsick and never have before and increased my anxiety. I should mention I do have hashimotos thyroid disease which may contribute to my experience. Will be switching to microgestin to see if I can be more comfortable."

Emilythyroidawareness (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2015