User Reviews for Beyaz

Birth Control
6.7

Summary of Beyaz reviews 6.8 136 reviews

Reviews for Beyaz

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I was on Jolessa for a year and bled for almost the entire time. Doctor put me on Beyaz at my insistence. Bleeding finally stopped in the 3rd or 4th week. Have not bled since. I have period symptoms, but no bleeding. My PMDD is so much better on Beyaz. On Jolessa, I had hard little bumps on my right cheek. On Beyaz, those don't break above the skin anymore, so aren't a problem. My only real gripe is the cost ($75 co-pay for the generic 3-pack), and the period symptoms that can last a week or more."

PCOSinOK (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 18, 2018

For Birth Control "So far I have been on Beyaz for 4 months and have not had any issues. Acne-wise: I have minimal acne but I do get have hormonal cystic acne which is painful and bothersome. Since being on Beyaz for the past 4 months, I have not had any huge cystic breakouts before or after my period! So far so good! Weight gain: Within the first month of taking Beyaz I didn't have much of an appetite (no changes in diet) and lost maybe about 5-6 lbs in a month but my body must have gotten use to the pill because I gained that all back within the next month (no changes in diet). Thankful I have not had any of the major side effects such as severe cramping or bloating, swelling of ankles, hair loss (my hair is already thin so I can't really say if that had an effect or not). So far so good."

Libby (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2018

For Acne "I went on Beyaz to clear my acne.. and wow did it work!! My face is almost completely clear. I still get one or two pimples every now and then, but nothing like how my acne was before I went on the pill. I’m now on my 4th pack and very happy with the results. But, I did gain some weight on it. Nothing crazy just around 5 pounds but my body is just getting used to the pill and as of right now I love it."

KP April 27, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control caused me to have blood clots in both my lungs after taking it for a few years."

Desi (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on Beyaz for 5 years, since the age of 23. The 1st few months were rough. I can remember being overly emotional. As an introvert, I could definitely notice the difference but then mellowed out. I had my period for 2-3 days after the first 6 months. After the 1st year I noticed that my period would occasionally skip a month or 2 or would come out brown for 2-3 days after taking the last pill in the pack. My acne was less present, appearing only within the week of my period. Rarely if ever do I feel cramps; Nothing like before the pill. For me, I had initial weight loss but after my body got used to the drug, the weight returned. My migraines are now once a year instead of monthly. I've experienced no change in my sexual drive--still high. In the first year I would always use a condom or Plan B just incase. After STD testing and a monogamous relationship did I stop using extra protection. I can happily say that the birth control has worked thus far."

SJMore April 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been using this birth control for 7 years. I love it! At first I definitely saw a change with myself. Positive and negative. My period became shorter and my skin cleared up so quick! I have not had a pimple on my skin since starting this. The only negative I can think of is a little bit of weight gain and an emotional side effect. I definitely felt a little more sensitive and anxious after taking it but nothing crazy enough to go off the pill. Definitely recommend for people who are you struggling with acne or bad breakouts."

Katie March 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been off and on Beyaz for about a year. I was excited to have a regular period and also the birth control factor. I stopped taking it the first time around (after 7 months) because I felt like I was going crazy. I was emotional all the time, and it affected my relationships and my eating habits. I restarted it a couple months ago, and I have to stop taking it again. I get really bad headaches, I have brain fog, and I feel like I’m pregnant because I crave different foods all the time. I don’t want to work out, I don’t have any energy, and my emotions are all over the place - terrible anxiety. I’m not going to say “don’t take this” because every woman is different, and some won’t experience any of these symptoms. But if you are experiencing these symptoms, I suggest talking to your doctor or simply acknowledging how you feel on it. I’m stopping today, and I’ll never go back."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 23, 2018

For Acne "I was on Beyaz for about 3 years and decided to switch to lo loestrogen fe because it has the lowest hormone dosage out of all birth controls. Biggest mistake of my life! My skin was clear before LLF but 3 months into taking it, I broke out along my jawline, neck and back! To make things worse, I had the worst mood swings and felt like a crazy person 24/7. I thought these were just the side effects from switching pills and it would get better past the 3 month mark but it didn’t. I’m back on beyaz and although it’s only been 2 weeks my skin is getting better and I am back to my normal self - no more crazies! My gyno told me that beyaz is already an extremely low hormone dose BC so it really didn’t make a difference switching to something lower. Ladies- do not switch to anything else, beyaz is the best!"

JL123 February 9, 2018

For Birth Control "Here to give an update! Last time I posted here was the beginning of November so it's been just about 3 months. Please if you're thinking about trying it go for it. Safe to say I absolutely love beyaz, the spotting problem I had went away after the first pack and is normal. I originally went on beyaz for acne and bad periods. My acne has never been better than it is right now. The first month was hard but by the end of the second pack, I started to see serious changes. I'm now onto my fourth pack and I still get a few breakouts (small, maybe 2-3) when I'm on the sugar pills but I'm hoping even those go away soon. I used to bleed through a tampon and onto my clothes within 2 hours and now my period lasts 3-4 days, no cramps. No noticeable side effects, weight gain, headaches, or mood changes. This pill is truly the best thing that has happened to me! I feel confident in myself again. Thank you, beyaz!"

shannonc13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I was put on this pill for two months. In the first 3 days I already knew I needed something else. I am normally quite laid back and cheery but have had small issues with anxiety. On Beyaz, My anxiety was constant and I would get into periods of complete emotional detachment or where anything someone said would hurt me. I would have anxiety attacks so bad that I would scratch at my skin and my boyfriend would have to hold me down. Not to mention my sex drive was pretty much gone and when I would have sex there would be intense pain or pressure on my lower abdomen. If you already struggle with anxiety or depression, I recommend staying away from this pill."

Anons February 1, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this birth control when I was 18. It was then called yaz and changed to beyaz. I love it, it shortens my periods to 2 to 3 days and that was back then. I have had 2 kids and after nursing and using a different pill during that time I got back on beyaz... Now it has actually stopped my periods after a couple months of use. I highly recommend trying this pill I have had zero issues with it all positive from this gal! ( I am now 28) so I've used this for a looong time"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) December 26, 2017

For Birth Control "This drug can create absolutely horrible stomach problems. I went from having no stomach issues to horrible IBS, all due to Beyaz. My sister was on the same birth control while I was on this drug and was also experiencing the same symptoms. I got an IUD and went off Beyaz and my stomach started feeling better. However, it took almost 9 months for my body to fully recover. Horrible side effects for a birth control, would not recommend it to anyone."

Samantha12306 November 28, 2017

For Birth Control "If you're browsing this wondering whether or not to try it, just give it a chance for 2 months. Everyone is so different, you'll never guess your own reaction browsing others experiences. But if you're curious- here's mine. It was recommended to me for a hormonal imbalance/acne when I was 18. I'm 25 now and still taking it. First month was awful but I'm glad I stuck it out. Now my periods are lighter, cramps are milder, migraines are gone, and I did not experience any major side effects (no weight gain or moodiness!). However my sex drive isn't as high. Not nonexistent just taken down a notch. I still think the benefits have outweighed the cons for me. Also - was switched to Rajani and then back to Beyaz. Didn't notice any difference"

Lisa521 November 24, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for about 2 weeks now, and let me explain I've never been on birth control before. I experienced just about no side effects so far, no unusual weight gain, headaches, or cravings. No bad mood swings and it already helping my acne (the reason I went on it). The downfall: I've been bleeding for the whole 2 weeks I've been on it. I started it the day of my period as instructed, usually I bleed for 4-5 days but I have had my period now for 2 weeks straight. I think it's getting light and about to go away and then I wake up the next morning and back again! If this side effect continues into the next pack I may have to give up beyaz:( I am on the generic by the way."

shannonc13 November 13, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been off Beyax almost a year now and have had only 2 cycles. I was on the pill a little over 5 years and went off of the pill due to weight gain, anxiety, and always feeling bad. I haven't had a period since March 2017 which results in me constantly having to take Pregnancy test to make sure I'm not pregnant (which I'm not). I wish I've never started taking it. Please make sure your OBGYN explains all of the side effects before and after the pill"

No period ! (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 6, 2017

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I took this birth control pill because I was experiencing extreme PMDD symptoms. My doctor put me on this hoping it would help and ease my symptoms by the intake of the hormones. THIS MEDICATION DRAINED MY WHOLE LIFE. It caused anxiety, depression, mood swings, bouts of crying every single day, and spend 3 months of my whole summer break IN BED, LITERALLY. I finally came off of it next week, and I can already feel like myself again. Stay away from this drug, its also a generic for "YAZ", which is absolutely HORRIBLE. Stay away, please."

Susu99 August 24, 2017

For Acne "In the beginning I was emotional and all over the place & I also broke out . I am now near the three end mark and my skin has improved tremendously. I do have scars and I've never been one to get scars from picking at pimples but I'm not sure if the pills had something to do with it or picking at them did . Other than that , all the side effects have subsided and my skin is the clearest it has been in a loooong long time !!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2017

For Birth Control "I started Beyaz about 6 months ago. The first 3 months were great..no acne..no crying...no anger or crazy mood swings. The last 2 or 3 months have been bad though. My face started breaking out, I am very emotional and angry. I don't know if it's because my pharmacy started giving me the generic version or it's the hormones, but everything was great until recently."

KrysiaPaw May 24, 2017

For Birth Control "I have a history of depression/anxiety which I'm currently treating w medication. I also have had symptoms of PMDD in the past. Beyaz is the ONLY birth control I have tried that completely takes away the PMDD, clears my face, hasn't made me gain weight, etc. I love it. When a generic for Beyaz came out (Rajani), I tried it for 3 months and each month two days before starting my period I had terrible PMDD episodes with extreme depression/ anxiety/ cramping/ migraines. I'm going back to Beyaz."

KPayy March 20, 2017

For Birth Control "I switched to Beyaz about 4 years ago, after being on OrthoNovum. The first 3 months was tough. I recall having irritability, fatigue, discolored complexion, breakthrough bleeding during sex, etc. After that transition I felt fine. About 2 years ago my period began being lighter and lighter and evenutally went away. I asked my GYN if it was ok and she assured me that Beyaz may eliminate my period. At first I was displeased because I wanted a period to prove that I wasn't pregnant each month. But when my gyno told me she can put me on something else to force a period, I told her no! Now with the new year, I discovered that my new RX plan doesnt cover ANY of the BEYAZ/RAJANI/SAFYRAL contraceptives. I'm DOOMED!! :-("

NeedFolicAcid January 10, 2017

For Acne "Broke my face out horrible.every where my face was covered with acne. I was on it for 4 months and I regret it so much. I would only get a zit every now and then. I stopped the pill my face is better but I have horrible scarring everywhere. My face was so pretty and this pill ruined it."

Ashes21490 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking beyaz for 3 years. And I love it! I take it religiously! Same time everyday! I have had no problems with it, in fact my periods have became lighter since taking it! Which I love because I hated my period. And my face is so clear! I had bad acne before I started it and I get compliments all the time now about how clear and smooth my face is! And I would recommend this pill to someone who knows they can take it on time everyday, who wants to get rid of their acne, and who doesn't want any kids!"

MayT (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I started Beyaz 2 years ago, then stopped it for about a year because I didn't need it (so I thought). I wasn't in any type of serious relationship when I stopped taking it then proceeded to end up in something serious. I decided to get back on it (3-4 months ago) and I truly love this pill. This go round I take it as directed, everyday on the same hour. I've missed one dosage and just doubled up the next day and started back my routine as directed. My periods weren't regular when I first started it, but continuing it and sticking with it and taking it as directed... they became regular. Not so heavy (sometimes have clots but I can handle that). I really recommend this pill. But take it like you're supposed to! Also: no weight gain for me!"

aes2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2016

For Acne "Beyaz saved my skin. Literally. I always had nice skin as a teenager with the occasional, mild breakout. But about 10 months after I turned 21, I broke out in hormonal acne. It legitimately covered my entire face except the sides of my cheeks. I seriously tried everything before my mom finally suggested birth control. I was skeptical because I feared I would gain weight, but desperate for clean skin again I decided to try it. My doctor told me it would probably make my skin worse before it made it better, which it did, but after 3 months I saw good results. Now, at a little over 5 months, my skin is almost as clear as it was before. It takes a little bit of time, but it's so worth it. It also didn't effect my weight. So grateful for Beyaz!"

Anonymous October 30, 2016

For Birth Control "It took 2-3 months for everything to regulate, but now that I've been on it for almost a year, I love it. My cramps aren't as bad, bleeding is much lighter than it used to be, hormones are 1,000 times more steady, and best of all: only 4 periods per year! Only drawback is that I get random menstrual-like cramps, but they're very light, don't even need to take ibuprofen, it's more of a small annoyance than anything. I haven't gained weight, but my face has broken out some over the past 1-2 months; it didn't for the longest time so I'm not sure whether there's a correlation to the Beyaz or not. I take it at night, because if I take any kind of birth control in the morning I feel extremely dizzy/nauseous all day. Overall an awesome choice!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 6, 2016