User Reviews for Beyaz

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Beyaz.

Beyaz Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 50 medications used in the treatment of Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder.

Reviews for Beyaz to treat Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder

"I took this birth control pill because I was experiencing extreme PMDD symptoms. My doctor put me on this hoping it would help and ease my symptoms by the intake of the hormones. THIS MEDICATION DRAINED MY WHOLE LIFE. It caused anxiety, depression, mood swings, bouts of crying every single day, and spend 3 months of my whole summer break IN BED, LITERALLY. I finally came off of it next week, and I can already feel like myself again. Stay away from this drug, its also a generic for "YAZ", which is absolutely HORRIBLE. Stay away, please."

Susu99 August 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am 21 and when I started this birth control I took it to relieve horrible periods due to what I believe is endometriosis with intense pain that lead to passing out and heavy bleeding, horrible! This pain has stopped which is great and my acne stayed about the same as before, minor, not any worse. But the last month I have been on it a new symptom has arose that is causing me to switch, the worst nausea I have ever had, I take it at night and I wake up in the morning almost unable to do anything. Also now get carsick and never have before and increased my anxiety. I should mention I do have hashimotos thyroid disease which may contribute to my experience. Will be switching to microgestin to see if I can be more comfortable."

Emilythyroidawareness (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is the 2nd month that I have been on this pill. My doctor put me on it because I have such horrendous cramps every month and he thought this would help. It has not. Since I've been on this pill, I have had my period every two weeks for the same amount of time I normally have it (3-4 days) along with the awful awful cramps. I see such good reviews about this and wonder why my body isn't reacting well to it. Wondering if anyone else has had the same experience and wondering if it will work itself out. I can't see doc until August 7th."

MLL (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on this pill for 3 months going in 4 and have had my ups and downs with it. The 1 month I experianced intense mood swings, I was crying and angry all the time and just wanted to be alone. The 2 month I was wondering why my acne wasn't going away but my moods had improved. Although I was experiencing breakthrough bleeding for 15 days I continued to take the pill. My period also brought cramps like no other. The 3 months I have been feeling sort of depressed but I think that's due to life not the pill. My breakthrough bleeding still occurred (some days light some days none) and my skin has improved. I lost weight on BeYaz. I am looking forward to what month 4 brings and hoping all of the negative symptoms are gone."

Kphel (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had horrible periods since my very first one and they got worse as I aged. My cramps got so bad that muscle relaxants and pain killers didn't even take the edge off of the pain. My hormones were worse. Had maybe 3 days out of the month that I was fine. Not to mention the amount I would bleed was horrible. I started with Yaz and was switched to Beyaz after my periods stopped coming. My periods didn't come back because the pill caused my body to stop producing a lining of my uterus, so now I take them continuously. I love this pill. For two years I was great and had no PMDD symptoms whatsoever. I will never use any other pill."

Anonymous October 30, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I switched from Yaz to Beyaz because Yaz got too expensive. I decided to try it because I could no longer afford Yaz and the results were much better than expected. No cramps, nice skin, and my period is always right on time like Yaz but with a few added benefits. When I was on Yaz, the week before my period I would always get bloated in the stomach area and would be self conscious about it. Also about 4 days before my period my appetite increased so much that I couldn't stop eating. On Beyaz there is no bloating and it curbs my appetite so much that I've lost some weight on it. I also used to get extremely fatigued around my period on Yaz to the point where it was hard to wake up but on Beyaz I feel more energetic than ever before."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I love Beyaz. No weight gain at all and I've been on it for almost a year. Clear skin. No mood swings although I feel emotional right before my period but I've always been that way. The only negative thing is I used to be on the Bayer card and paid $25 dollars but now it went up to $62."

Anonymous February 29, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was diagnosed with PMDD back in 2006 when I was 23. I have ruined a few good relationships and was finally getting tired of feeling out of control a week out of every month. I tried Yaz and loved it but my insurance quit paying for it so I switched to Beyaz. It seems to work well. I haven't had any symptoms of the PMDD since I have been taking it."

Anonymous September 8, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking Beyaz for about 6 months now. I had PMDD extremely bad for 2- 3 weeks out of the month. A month after starting Beyaz I had no symptoms at all. I had irregular periods and now they are on time every month. I am very happy with the results and I would recommend Beyaz to anyone. Especially if they experience PMDD."

LindseyNicole March 24, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had PMDD extremely bad every month for at least 2- 3 weeks out of the month. Since I've been taking Beyaz I have no more symptoms of PMDD. My periods were irregular now they are on time every month. I am so happy with this birth control. I would recommend it to anyone. Especially if you have PMDD."

Anonymous March 24, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on Beyaz for 2 months now, I have had problems with other birth controls in the past such as large amounts of weight gain, moodiness, etc. I haven't had any of these problems with Beyaz, in fact, I haven't gained ANY weight on it! It has helped my PMDD greatly, I went from having cramps that would knock out an elephant to having almost no cramping at all, and I don't get moody or bloated like I have on other birth controls."

zoobean March 5, 2011