User Reviews for Beyaz

Learn more about Beyaz.

Beyaz Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 250 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Beyaz to treat Birth Control

"I have a history of depression/anxiety which I'm currently treating w medication. I also have had symptoms of PMDD in the past. Beyaz is the ONLY birth control I have tried that completely takes away the PMDD, clears my face, hasn't made me gain weight, etc. I love it. When a generic for Beyaz came out (Rajani), I tried it for 3 months and each month two days before starting my period I had terrible PMDD episodes with extreme depression/ anxiety/ cramping/ migraines. I'm going back to Beyaz."

KPayy March 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I switched to Beyaz about 4 years ago, after being on OrthoNovum. The first 3 months was tough. I recall having irritability, fatigue, discolored complexion, breakthrough bleeding during sex, etc. After that transition I felt fine. About 2 years ago my period began being lighter and lighter and evenutally went away. I asked my GYN if it was ok and she assured me that Beyaz may eliminate my period. At first I was displeased because I wanted a period to prove that I wasn't pregnant each month. But when my gyno told me she can put me on something else to force a period, I told her no! Now with the new year, I discovered that my new RX plan doesnt cover ANY of the BEYAZ/RAJANI/SAFYRAL contraceptives. I'm DOOMED!! :-("

NeedFolicAcid January 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have been taking beyaz for 3 years. And I love it! I take it religiously! Same time everyday! I have had no problems with it, in fact my periods have became lighter since taking it! Which I love because I hated my period. And my face is so clear! I had bad acne before I started it and I get compliments all the time now about how clear and smooth my face is! And I would recommend this pill to someone who knows they can take it on time everyday, who wants to get rid of their acne, and who doesn't want any kids!"

MayT (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 11, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I started Beyaz 2 years ago, then stopped it for about a year because I didn't need it (so I thought). I wasn't in any type of serious relationship when I stopped taking it then proceeded to end up in something serious. I decided to get back on it (3-4 months ago) and I truly love this pill. This go round I take it as directed, everyday on the same hour. I've missed one dosage and just doubled up the next day and started back my routine as directed. My periods weren't regular when I first started it, but continuing it and sticking with it and taking it as directed... they became regular. Not so heavy (sometimes have clots but I can handle that). I really recommend this pill. But take it like you're supposed to! Also: no weight gain for me!"

aes2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"It took 2-3 months for everything to regulate, but now that I've been on it for almost a year, I love it. My cramps aren't as bad, bleeding is much lighter than it used to be, hormones are 1,000 times more steady, and best of all: only 4 periods per year! Only drawback is that I get random menstrual-like cramps, but they're very light, don't even need to take ibuprofen, it's more of a small annoyance than anything. I haven't gained weight, but my face has broken out some over the past 1-2 months; it didn't for the longest time so I'm not sure whether there's a correlation to the Beyaz or not. I take it at night, because if I take any kind of birth control in the morning I feel extremely dizzy/nauseous all day. Overall an awesome choice!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 6, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I've been on Beyaz going on 5 years now. Good thing about this birth control is: it does the job! No babies, no bad acne, super light periods here and there.. However, I've been experiencing mood swings lately. I will cry and cry and cry till I can't cry no more! I'm so mean to people now..which is crazy because I'm usually people person-ish most of the time. It makes me super hot at night and makes my chest feel heavier than usual. It's cool for keeping weight down, acne, and no babies. I just think Beyaz has ran its course for my body."

RosyRugar (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 8, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I had been using the pill for 8 years. I used the first version of this pill, yaz, then switched to b-yaz when it came out. I went about my life for a few years and then considered switching to Ashlyan which is just one period every 3 months. Well let me tell you having only one period every 3 months is MAGICAL. Unfortunately my acne went full force, 6 months into the new pill my entire face was broken out. I was using the strong topical prescription available & still just getting worse. I was at my lowest when I realized the problem was probably the pill. I spoke with my doc & we decided I could switch back to b-yaz and just get 2 extra packs a year and still get only 1 period every 3 months. 1 month into b-yaz & My face is clear again!"

Lauren889 September 1, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"My daughter, after using Beyaz for 6 months, developed bruises, swollen lumps, joint pain, and finally she needed to use crutches to walk. We saw many doctors, but none knew what to do. So on our own, we decided she should go off off Beyaz, and the symptoms slowly disappeared. 9 months later, they are gone, thankfully, but it was a nightmare!"

Anne's mom July 29, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Beyaz didn't work for me. My GYN put my on this pill because I wasn't ovulating. This pill turned out to be my worst nightmare. The first week, I became very emotional and light menstrual bleeding and cramps. The second week my bleeding became heavier and cramps turned into preassure in my lower abdominal area. The pressure made me so uncomfortable. No medicine helped. Called my GYN office and spoke with her nurse. She suggested doubling up on the meds I was currently taking. That helped some but not much. The third week the bleeding became extreme with large blood clots. Having to wear 2 huge pads at a time was awful. And the pressure turned back into pain. I called my GYN back they advised me to stop the pill immediately."

Anonymously Anon (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Overall this was a good pill for me. The only reason I stopped taking it was because i wanted to switch to a form of birth control that i didnt have to take everyday. At first for maybe the first two weeks I felt more depressed but after that I felt the same as usual. I did spot through pretty much the whole second month BUT that has happened with every birth control I have been on, so I think it is just my body. There was also a mild increase in acne toward the end of the first pack but it went away and my skin became very clear. This pill was also helpful for excess hair growth that i have in certain areas. It was a helpful pill for my pms symptoms and to regulate my periods."

starwishes20 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"So I will say that Beyaz has served its course. I've been on it for a little over a year and can only offer 2 pros. Pros: it stopped my period, it prevented pregnancy. Cons: the mood swings are terrible, I am always irritated, every little thing bothers me, I am so rude to my husband. Not to mention, I cry at the drop of a dime. Before Beyaz, I could count on one hand the number of times I had cried in the last 5 years. Also, the weight gain. My doctor put me on Beyaz because it was supposed to help me lose weight. Instead, I have gained everywhere & although I constantly work out, I can't lose the weight. I have never had acne, so I can't really speak on that, but I will say that I have had quite a few breakouts while being on Beyaz."

SydNik April 25, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I am 19 years old and have been taking Beyaz for 3 months. This is my first time being on birth control. However, I am switching because of the mood swings. I feel like I have crippling depression. I am NOT like this at all - this isn't me. It has gotten worse each month. I cry at every little thing and have had increasing suicidal thoughts. It is absolutely miserable. Other than depression, other negative effects have been weight gain (nearly 10lbs), low sex drive, and my acne has stayed prominent. The only positive aspects are I didn't get pregnant (a few times I missed my time to take the pill up to 7 hours) and my breasts are definitely bigger than normal."

Shaylen (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have been on Beyaz birth control for about 5 years now, and I have never really had any serious problems with it! As a birth control, it seems to be working great no babies here! I've never really had any acne, however I used to get random pimples on my thighs which was so strange to me but when I started Beyaz they quickly disappeared. My breasts have grown a substantial amount, but I do not have bad bloating or weight gain in other areas which is awesome. The only downside I have noticed to this medication, is that my mood swings were terrible the first couple weeks. This is normal when you give your body any extra hormones so I was not too worried about it. The mood swings stopped about 4 weeks in."

BeyazUser (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 9, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have been taking BeYaz for a year now to prevent pregnancy. Because I have been taking it consistently at a scheduled time it has worked wonders! I would recommend this pill to anyone that is sexually active. Only side effects I have noticed are blood clots and emotional sensitivity. 10/10 highly recommend."

Anonymous January 4, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"BEYAZ is my WORST ENEMY! I took this BC pill for 1 1/2 months. Completed week 1 and the mood swings started. Week 3 I started bleeding light with minor cramps. Week 4 my light bleeding turned into heavy bleeding changing my pad every hour or less. The cramps were no longer minor they were just unbearable that I had to take Norco and Ibuprofen at the same time just to take the edge off. I spoke to my GYN about the symptoms and I was advise to give it another try even after I was in the ER injected with Dilaudid. Started 2nd pack as the bleeding and cramping still continues. Put on Vicodin and Naproxen for pain. I became depressed, angry, isolated, emotionally unattached and extremely tired I quit taking it mid way and now I'm in recovery."

Just Pain No Gain (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2015

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Beyaz was good my first year, but as I continued to take it my libido short to none. I grew emotional, started having anxiety problems. I will be discontinuing this birth control bcz it's starting to affect my marriage."

JMP15 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 8, 2015

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"So far it's been a lot better than I expected. I have been dreading going on hormonal birth control, but after a failed experience with my Paragard IUD, I gave Beyaz a try. I haven't gained any weight at all- this was my biggest fear and I'm so happy it didn't come true. My stomach is flat and unbloated. My boobs have increased in size- they just feel nice and full but not sore! Sometimes I do feel a little blue, and my sex drive is definitely lower. My libido is at about 90% when I am with my boyfriend. My acne has gotten much worse, but they say this happens at first and then clear skin follows. Period has been light and no cramps!"

B25W (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2015

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"When I first started taking Beyaz it was great. I had no problems but towards the end of the cycle I had terrible attitude, was very emotional, nauseous and too many headaches. Once my period was gone it came back a day after and it was light to medium. Very bad cramps. My appetite increased a lot more when I started. But everyone's body is different and would react different to the pills."

Yasmin. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 26, 2015

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Took it for 4 years. Acne was cleared up perfectly and I actually lost weight. In the beginning however I had pretty bad anxiety and was noticeably more emotional. Towards the end of my use I noticed my lethargy and mental fuzziness while in college. I also had dryness and a pretty low sex drive. Great obvious pros...but for me there were hidden cons physiologically and psychologically."

cleverhalie (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 8, 2015

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I've been taking Beyaz for about 5 years now, I started when I was 14 because of severe cramps. It worked great for a while but in the last few months I have experienced spotting and longer periods with more severe cramps. I am going to speak to a doctor about trying another pill."

rosie12345 February 2, 2015

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I feel wonderful taking Beyaz but it's not perfect. It really helped with moderate acne, sometimes I would break out on my back and chest since taking I don't remember when I had a blemish. I have no mood swings, bloating or weight gain-- I'm actually at my lowest weight. Best thing my sex drive is great. The only minus is my period still varies sometimes it's heavy, sometimes it's light and I'm still getting intensive cramps the first day but honestly, I have no other issues and I can deal with it."

23 year old January 15, 2015

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I've been on Beyaz since September 2013 after switching from the Depo Shot. I love the pill, however, I get really bad cramps when my period comes. Not sure if it's because my body is still adjusting to being off the shot or what."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 13, 2014

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have been on Beyaz for several years (3+). When I first started using the pill, I experienced frequent nausea for almost a year. I gradually switched time of dosage to the evening upon recommendation from my obgyn. The nauesa did clear up. I virtually have no acne. Within the first few years, I did have lighter periods (3-5 day bleeding with minimal cramping). However, in my fourth year of being on this pill, I have been getting my period for only a day. Most times I skip a period entirely. This is due to the thin uterine lining. I did however, develop severe mood swings and panic attacks, which I suffer from daily. I also have had some hair thinning and some weight gain. Loss of libido at first, but it did return after the 1st year."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2014

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Beyaz was the first birth control I experienced and I was on it for 2 years. It was nearly the perfect pill for me: no weight change, no mood swings, I regulated to it immediately, it dramatically shortened my periods to 3-4 days and was exactly on time every single month. The ONLY two problems I had that warranted me switching included a decreased sex drive, and multiple yeast infections. It was also a tad pricy. If it weren't for the yeast infections at least, I would stay on it! I'm nervous about switching pills, but I'm glad to know that I can go back on Beyaz if the others don't work out."

alextredeaux February 12, 2014

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"It took almost 8 months but it finally started to work. My periods were so heavy I would go thru a tampax ultra in less than an hour and have to stay home during my periods. I would have to get up several times during the night. I would bleed some months for 30 days even on the Beyaz. My last two months I have bleed less than three days and can use a lite tampax it took a while but I am so happy I stuck with it. No weight gain either!!!!"

Orlando88 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 13, 2013