User Reviews for Desvenlafaxine

Major Depressive Disorder
5.5

Summary of Desvenlafaxine reviews 7.1 931 reviews

Reviews for Desvenlafaxine

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I have Depression, Anxiety and PTSD. Pristiq has helped my mental health problems. I take 100 mg daily. If I don't take this medication, I am very emotional. I feel lost at times and ask myself why people who've known me for years, never call, visit or check on me. I served in the Gulf War. It's very painful and doesn't help my situation at all. Insurance partially covers drug."

VicG92 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 11, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Makes me very dizzy forgetful"

Anonymous September 10, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This poison is so bad."

Big t (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I too took the a genetic test and Pristiq was the only one that showed up in the 'Great' column. I have just started it at 100 mgs and the restless legs kick off at midnight and go for an hour or two, quite maddening. I searched for a version of NOT extended release to no avail. Otherwise I feel ok, not great but also not looking for a mud puddle to lay face down in. God Speed to all"

MonasMenagerie (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I took Pristiq years ago for major depression. Within days of taking it, I was unable to sleep. My Doctor told me to hang in there and prescribed Lunesta to help, which it did. He also told me that the Pristiq was "energizing my brain." So I stayed on it. Within about 2 to 3 weeks after taking this medication, I began to experience the darkest thoughts ever. It absolutely terrified me. Had never experienced such disturbing and intrusive thoughts in my life. Needless to say, I stopped taking it and went on Prozac, which worked better. Obviously, Pristiq has worked well for some folks, which is great, but it put me through a really big dark hole"

PJ (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

For Anxiety: "Was hesitant to try this because I've seen bad reviews. The first couple days I was filled with anxiety but I started a new medication so I pushed on. About the 4th day of taking it I got super light headed and fainted. I called my doctor told and he told me to drink more water and so I kept with it. I was still feeling light headed every so often. The second week I had a good two days of no anxiety felt like it was working, then the next day a wave of thoughts and anxiety crashed into me again. I kept with it because doc said two to three weeks, well after a month of taking it. It didn't get any better. Actually it got much worse, more anxiety on this medication than ever before. This did not work for me and I get that everybody is different but I've tried a lot of different medication but this was definitely the worst."

Anxiety101 September 1, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I was prescribed 25 mg Pristiq for depression and anxiety. By day 4 I had the worst panic attack. Day 5-7, just kept getting worse. Crying all the time, increase bp. I have bp issues to begin with, so probably shouldn’t have been prescribed this. But, I did the GeneSight test and it showed Pristiq to be in the green. Oddly it showed all SSRI’s to be in the red. I had been on Paxil twice with great success. Anyway, it’s been 6 days off the Pristiq, I am still super anxious with baby panic attacks. I have been taking Xanax to try to help, but it barely touches them. I wasn’t this bad before the Pristiq. I am now going back to Paxil. Hopefully third time will still be a charm. Good luck to those trying Pristiq, it is a great drug for some. Just not all."

Ribs13 (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I took Pristiq (generic) for a little more than two months and did not find it helpful for relief of my anxiety associated with my depression. My doc tried to increase the dose to 100 mg and it only caused increased anxiety. The other odd thing was some weeks it seemed to help with the depression/anxiety and then the next week I would struggle. I would say it was sometimes helpful with the depression- but I was also taking Xanax and Remeron as well so it was hard to tell which medication was really working."

rneary (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for : "I have suffered from anxiety and panic disorder since I was 6. But when I became a mom I was totally overwhelmed my panic attack’s took over along with mania, mind racing and Agoraphobia. I was referred to a physiatrist who listened to me and recommended Pristiq. Pristiq was a life saver for me, it has changed my life dramatically. I no longer suffer from weekly panic attacks it’s been 5 months since I’ve had one and I have NEVER felt better. I have zero side effects with this medication unlike the others. My energy level is amazing, my mood is so upbeat and positive, my mind doesn’t race I can actually sleep at night. If you feel the medication isn’t working it probably isn’t don’t be afraid to speak up sometimes it will take months or years to get the right combination of meds. I couldn’t help myself with my anxiety, the negative thoughts and constant worrying but today it’s a different story my life has done a compete 180 degree turn"

KLW August 16, 2018

For Anxiety: "I've been on this medication for about 2 months or so, maybe longer and I can tell you it doesn't do much. I have severe panic disorder and anxiety. I may as well not take the medicine if I want to be this miserable. I'm hesitant to come off since nothing seems to be helpful. I'm a 30 year old female and wish to have a life in which I can function and enjoy."

Anxiety Queen (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Depression is like being dead while you're alive. It the most scary illness in the world. After doing a genetic test while on effexor (that made my depression worst) pristiq was the best result. I have no side effects, life is good again. Don't loose hope. This medication works, the side effects is due to interaction in the body chemistry, while you do a genetic test you'll find a drug that will balance your brain. I wish you all the best"

Johnny (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Recently got off of lexapro as it stopped working for me. I was put on Pristiq the side effects of pristiq lessed after a few days but were managable. The first month of use I felt little to no improvements in my mood and energy. I wanted to get off of it but wanted to try increasing 25 to 50mg. This really helped and changed my mind. I feel so much better and can finally get going. The depression doesn't feel totally gone but it is such a positive change in everything. I recommend to stay on this as in the first month you may not see a change but increasing can help. Best I've felt in months and really looking forward to things now. Recommend!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "My doctor and I found, with genetic testing, that zoloft (sertraline) was contraindicated for me. I started taking Pristiq and it seemed to keep me on an even keel, although somewhat irritable. However, after about 10 weeks, I started to get bloody noses; not ordinary bloody noses_ but such severe bleeding that I swallowed the blood and started to drown__blood went into my bronchial tube. I could not stop the bleeding for a half hour or more and then it started again an hour later, and then again a few days later. I had to go back to zoloft. Not so sure about those genetic tests"

Annie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2018

For Anxiety: "Please give this drug a try if you are unsure. For years I have tried to avoid taking medication due to an extremely negative experience with paxil as a teenager. Over the years I have tried natural remedies such as hypnotherapy, therapy, bodytalk, reflexology, meditation and exercise. I have always suffered from extreme shame and severe anxiety. I hit a recent downward spiral of depression and I was scared of what might happen and called my doctor. I have been on pristiq for 2 months and regret not taking it sooner. My anxiety is at an all time low and my depression has subsided. My motivation has returned and even my confidence. I was scared to try it with all of the negative reviews but so happy I did. I initial noticed loss of appetite and trouble sleeping the first 2 weeks then after that it has been smooth sailing. The only issue I now struggle with is trouble reaching orgasm but if that's my only issue. I'll take it. I have also continued body talk and therapy"

Pristine (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2018

For Anxiety: "Pristiq was working very well for my severe anxiety and panic during the first week. Unfortunately I had stomach pain, nausea, and dry mouth. All side effects disappeared after 3 weeks with the exception of nausea. And by week 3 the Pristiq was no longer helping with the anxiety."

MMike (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I had been on pristiq 50mg for around 5 years. It helped me dramatically to get my life back on track. I noticed within the past year that it was not working as effectively as my body had probably adjusted to it so my doctor upped the dosage to 100mg recently. At first I noticed some nausea, headaches and extreme tiredness. These side effects have now subsided after a week and I’m starting to feel the full effects of the increased dosage. I feel absolutely amazing, I am focused at work, I am getting back in to my study, I have started to lose weight again due to my appetite decreasing ( I was eating way too much before due to depression) I am much more sociable and exercising again. I was also having trouble with substance abuse and that has now also stopped. Everyone’s experience with a drug is going to be a different story but I personally am very grateful for pristiq."

Amber (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 10, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Highly recommended for those suffering anxiety panic attacks depression and substance abuse. I was medicating daily with alcohol due to so stress and being depressed. Since taking pristiq cravings for alcohol disappeared within days and now really focused at work and handling stress with ease. Pristiq has helped my life back on track. Feels as if I have access to my brain again without foggy and self doubt thoughts...I no longer drink alcohol."

Happier than before (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2018

For Hot Flashes: "I was on Pristiq a few years ago before a generic came out for Menopause. It worked great but gained 20 pounds, well a few years later suffering again menopause symptoms, put on 50mg generic form. The hot flashes went away right away. But it took me at day 29 (4weeks) for it to kick in for my bad morning anxiety, depression, crying spells. I Was about to give up and boom, it all was gone after 30 days. Only side affect this time no appetite the opposite of the brand. Generic on my Insurance is cheaper. Brand is so expensive even on my Insurance so won't go back to brand."

CJ Sander June 26, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Immediately my hot flashes were gone. But it took until four weeks before I felt better. My anxiety and depression is gone now. I almost gave up and right at day 29 I finally felt like my old self again."

CJ Sander (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was put on the generic for menopausal symptoms. Hot flashes flashes irritability depression anxiety. It took right at 4 weeks (30 days) to work. I was about to give up. Because the Brand worked better and I was on it 3 years ago. I'm on 50mgs and feel great. Only side affect I had was no appetite and had lots of energy. So I take it in the morning. Brand worked faster to me and generic took right at 4 weeks."

CJ Georgia (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I would probably give pristiq a zero if I could. As far as antidepressants go it was average in terms of mood-boosting, energy-boosting etc. but the side effects ruined my life. I gained around 15 pounds I can’t lose regardless of diet and exercise within around 3 months. And tapering off made me sicker than I have ever been in my life, as well as lose total control of my emotions—crying, angry outbursts, etc. yes Between depression and these side effects, I would take the depression. By the way, I’ve been off the drug almost a month and am still dealing with residual effects of the drug."

Writingbug (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Used it for 3 months at 40mg. One of the least effective anti-depressants I’ve tried, plus one of the more expensive."

Aaron June 15, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "After being on Pristiq for just over 2 weeks and endless migraines, I was rushed to emergency and had lost all feeling on the left side of my face and my left eye would not open, my blood pressure reached the danger zone, I thought I was having a stroke. After finally being diagnosed I had developed acute angular glaucoma brought on by these antidepressants. If it had been left undiagnosed I would have lost my sight. Please do not take this medication it should be taken of the market"

Retrowoman68 (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2018

For Depression: "I have been on this drug (generic by “Ranbaxy”) for three years now. So far it seems other manufacturers are making it differently. I purchase mine at Walmart this time. Their system automatically orders from a different Mfg.....THE ONE I GOT IS NOT MADE THE SAME! Unfortunately, all generics are not formulated exactly the same. This particular one works well for me except for the SWEATING. Doesn’t touch that. Another thought...no one should EVER try to go off any of these types of drugs wthout a schedule from your Doctor. I am 65 & have had to change pills several times, it can take a week or so to transition to something else. Good luck to all."

Yoli (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 7, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for : "I've been through several SSRIs before going on a combination of Pristiq 50mg ER + Wellbutrin 150mg ER + Klonopin 0.75mg daily. The Wellbutrin did nothing for my anxiety, so my Psychiatrist prescribed Pristiq to me in conjunction. I've been on the medication for over a year now, and this is the only medication that has eliminated my symptoms fully without any descernable side effects. My biggest take away here: TAKE THE PHARMACOGENETICS TEST. I took the test, and found out that most of the medications I had been on in the past were incompatible with my genetics and had high rates of failure or adverse symptoms in similar individuals. The test cost me $200 out of pocket, but it's completely worth it. Not having to play games with my mental condition for months testing out new medications is worth it."

Jacob (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 7, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...