User Reviews for Desvenlafaxine systemic

Major Depressive Disorder
5.4

Summary of Desvenlafaxine reviews 7.1 947 reviews

Reviews for Desvenlafaxine

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I was in a very deep depression which was induced by severe and debilitating panic attacks, for over 15 years. Without this drug I would not be here today. Medicine is not perfect, but it Is an option. And a good one."

Better now (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 4, 2018

For Anxiety: "I was to the point that I would look out the window to make sure no one was out side just so I could pop outside to get the mail, Just the idea of having to shop for food made me have chest pains and cry I could not do it anymore ... So I went back to the doctor and started this medication after 2 weeks I felt human again . I was myself for months but then I forgot to pick up my prescription and then it was a holiday and I thought it would be ok because it took so long to go into my system ... I was crying in the line at the pharmacy because my chest hurt and I could not breath my anxiety was back and bad . It was not ok do not miss a few days when you have bad anxiety it is still there waiting to overtake you :( I am back on it and doing well .I now am on a ready fill program that will call me a few days before I run out so it never happens again ."

I could not leave the house (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 27, 2018

For Depression: "I am a 70 year old retired male. I have been diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder. This current bout of depression has been ongoing for 3 plus years and I have been on several different meds and now I take Desvenlafaxine succinate 100mg which I now assume is generic for Pristiq. At bedtime I take Remeron 45mg plus Temazapam 15 mg. The depression, anxiety and insomnia are controlled on this regimen but I do have the side effects of mild constipation, sleeping until noon each day, little interest in the things of life, emotionally blunted, (I rarely laugh), have no libido, runny nose, am constantly licking my lips and mildly grinding my teeth. I have no intention of discontinuing these meds any time soon. I weaned off of Latuda over 2 months without too much difficulty, I had mild panic anxiety, as if I could not get a full breath into my lungs for which I took Ativan 1mg which took care of that problem. Wish all good luck with managing their mental health issues."

Davo November 26, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Took medication all of 2 days. And on the third day I threw It at my husband and told him to throw it away. I could not recall the 2 days I took the medicine. I don't know if I ate, showered, or did anything other than sleep and walk around in a fog. This medicine could be a lifesaver for someone, it just wasn’t one for me."

Wings1012 (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2018

For Depression: "I have only been on Desvenlafaxine for 7 days at 25 mg and already it has made such a difference. Side effect of headache and drowsiness and a little restlessness lasted 2 days and were not extreme at all. I had a genetic test saying that I would be better able to metabilize an SNRI but I had already started SSRI Lexapro and didn’t want to switch. It took me a long time to feel the benefits of Lexapro, about 8 weeks, and the side effect were not fun. This past summer I felt good and decided it was time to come off the Lexapro. But soon after my depression came back so did the anxiety. This time I tried Desvenlavaxine an SNRI. By day 3 at 25 mg my intrusive negative thoughts had stopped, my low mood that started and got worse towards the end of the day completely disappeared. I had been feeling so overwhelmed with life and now it’s manageable. I’m much happier. I know everyone reacts differently to medications, this is definitely the right medication for me!"

Anna November 15, 2018

For Anxiety: "I researched this medication for a year before deciding to try it because I was so nervous about side effects. I have had terrible side effects from other medications that were recommended for anxiety, including Lexapro, propranolol, Ativan, and buspirone, and they didn't noticeably decrease the anxiety (never mind the actual nightmare of coming off Ativan). I decided to try adding Pristiq, which was on my "recommended" list from genetic testing. The side effects I have experienced are EXTREMELY minor and my anxiety began to abate within only a week. It got better every week I was on it, and I've now been taking it for nearly six months. The difference is night and day. I experienced insomnia for about the first two weeks I was on it. I also experienced constipation. I feel like I sleep better with it. I take 50 mg a day. I know Pristiq is not for everybody and I was very nervous about taking it, but I'm so glad I tried it. I plan to keep taking it as long as it works."

EJK November 13, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Stay away from antidepressants they are mind altering and cause depersonalization and cause un reversable damage . I think it was worst thing I did in my life. They hand them out like candy"

Jason (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 6, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I was severely depressed for 8 months. Hospitalized for 3 weeks, suicidal. I tried Zoloft which had worked in past but got no result the second time, then at the hospital they switched me to Cymbalta. Took highest dose possible and got no relief. I then remembered I had had good results with Pristiq in the past. So I asked my doctor to change the meds again. She wanted to add Abilify to my Cymbalta but I asked to try Pristiq again. At first it was hard but after about 10 days WOW !!! I finally am back to myself. I am so relieved it was the longest and most awful 8 months of my life...I just wanted to die and now I am back loving life, so so grateful, full of energy , exercising, cooking for myself etc. !!!"

DD October 28, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: " I have been on this for a little over 1 month. I have gained 8lbs. I eat uncontrollably and don’t even realize it. I do not want to be on this anymore. I am finding myself to be aggressive. I actually had a confrontation with a stranger, and literally was going to get in their car and start fighting... I’m not like that.. I’m not so aggressive.. I am also grinding my teeth really bad and I have no desire to do anything..I don’t like this.. and just because a DNA test says this is the best, I don’t think it is."

Geebis70 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I have been on the generic form and so far it has made me sweat a lot but my anxiety has almost gone completely away. My depression is lessening and my concentration and mood have improved dramatically. Before taking it my boss was about to firer me now he says I'm a pleasure to work with and my mood and quality of work have improved drastically. So far it has saved my life...."

Dev (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Just started using pristiq had dna test one of the meds that was supposed to work good for me"

Suzyq (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2018

For Depression: "For all my life I have struggled with depression. In my early sixties I talked with my Dr and after testing he informed me that I have severe depression caused by a chemical imbalance. He prescribed Pristiq. I was on Pristiq for around 3 years. While on Pristiq I was happy for the first time in my life. I described my life as being pre Pristiq and post Prestiq. In 2017 the Pristiq went to a tier 4 from a tier 2 which shot it up way beyond my budget. That's when I was switched to the generic. My experience has not been favorable. Since being on the generic I no longer feel happy. It seems to only take the edge off of my depression as I feel depressed and lethargic with no interest in the things I use to enjoy. I have little energy and sleep for a minimum of 12 hours a day now. I'm retired and was looking forward to the last stage of my life with Pristiq. I'm not so sure what do do next"

John Doe (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 3, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I have been on Pristiq for 10 days. Day 1-4 Constant migraines, teeth aches, insomnia, vomiting, diarrhea, no desire to eat, eye pain, brain fog, body pain, restlessness, and anxiety. I felt like I had the flu. By Day 7 I began to notice the physical symptoms go away with such great relief at feeling normal again. My depression felt at bay. I’m glad I stuck with this medication and encourage anyone else struggling at first to wait at least a week! Everyday I do something that my depressive/anxious self wouldn’t and I am proud of myself. I can converse with strangers, reply to messages right away, and get up every morning with no feeling of drowsiness and dread for what’s to come. I feel like I am finally taking control of my life. I am still having problems with my appetite and anxiety. I hope anyone else taking this with the same side effects will feel a sense of relief knowing that it will get better!"

Jessmarie September 27, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Be careful going off this med cold turkey like I did since I had increased depression and brain fog which had developed over the trial for a few weeks. Now since discontinuing the drug completely I'm now left with total sexual dysfunction, ED, and numb genitals that still haven't recovered. Any drug that induces this complication in men should be banned off the market immediately, beyond annoyed. Avoid."

kevin12 (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Still suffered anxiety/panic attacks whilst on it, so it didn't do much on that front. It did help regulate depressive disorder somewhat but not to any great degree."

Trex (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 27, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I am a 44 year old woman who was recently diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). After lots of unusual stress, I had a massive panic attack and subsequently began having 5-7 panic attacks a day and would wake up in terror every hours at night. At first my doctor put me on Riva Venlafaxine and to get my sleeping under control Pro Zoplicone (2 weeks). Mentally, I felt like myself again 100% but I developed giant hives all over and had severe itchy palms/feet. She switched me to Pristiq (Desvenlafaxine) and the allergic reaction went away. I am normal again! I have a few mild side effects (dizzy, a bit tired, etc) but to feel normal is worth it. I tried a few beers once in a while but panic attacks seems to creep up in the days after. So I've stopped drinking alcohol. I'm still amazed at how horrible panic attacks and GAD are!"

Caramel008 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for : "I started Pristiq for GAD (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) and Major Depression, mostly in response to a horrible break up. With treatment, I found myself completely rid of anxiety and nervousness, my appetite returned and I started to eat normally and function. Although not incredibly satisfied, it did help with my depression but I decided the side effects were horrid and not worth it (Weight gain, sweating, emotionless numb feelings, headaches and decrease in sex drive). Pristiq is also very difficult to get off as the withdrawals are significant. - very very good for anxiety in my case, ok for depression - horrid side effects."

Kkytj (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 16, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I have Depression, Anxiety and PTSD. Pristiq has helped my mental health problems. I take 100 mg daily. If I don't take this medication, I am very emotional. I feel lost at times and ask myself why people who've known me for years, never call, visit or check on me. I served in the Gulf War. It's very painful and doesn't help my situation at all. Insurance partially covers drug."

VicG92 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 11, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Makes me very dizzy forgetful"

Anonymous September 10, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This poison is so bad."

Big t (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I too took the a genetic test and Pristiq was the only one that showed up in the 'Great' column. I have just started it at 100 mgs and the restless legs kick off at midnight and go for an hour or two, quite maddening. I searched for a version of NOT extended release to no avail. Otherwise I feel ok, not great but also not looking for a mud puddle to lay face down in. God Speed to all"

MonasMenagerie (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I took Pristiq years ago for major depression. Within days of taking it, I was unable to sleep. My Doctor told me to hang in there and prescribed Lunesta to help, which it did. He also told me that the Pristiq was "energizing my brain." So I stayed on it. Within about 2 to 3 weeks after taking this medication, I began to experience the darkest thoughts ever. It absolutely terrified me. Had never experienced such disturbing and intrusive thoughts in my life. Needless to say, I stopped taking it and went on Prozac, which worked better. Obviously, Pristiq has worked well for some folks, which is great, but it put me through a really big dark hole"

PJ (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

For Anxiety: "Was hesitant to try this because I've seen bad reviews. The first couple days I was filled with anxiety but I started a new medication so I pushed on. About the 4th day of taking it I got super light headed and fainted. I called my doctor told and he told me to drink more water and so I kept with it. I was still feeling light headed every so often. The second week I had a good two days of no anxiety felt like it was working, then the next day a wave of thoughts and anxiety crashed into me again. I kept with it because doc said two to three weeks, well after a month of taking it. It didn't get any better. Actually it got much worse, more anxiety on this medication than ever before. This did not work for me and I get that everybody is different but I've tried a lot of different medication but this was definitely the worst."

Anxiety101 September 1, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I was prescribed 25 mg Pristiq for depression and anxiety. By day 4 I had the worst panic attack. Day 5-7, just kept getting worse. Crying all the time, increase bp. I have bp issues to begin with, so probably shouldn’t have been prescribed this. But, I did the GeneSight test and it showed Pristiq to be in the green. Oddly it showed all SSRI’s to be in the red. I had been on Paxil twice with great success. Anyway, it’s been 6 days off the Pristiq, I am still super anxious with baby panic attacks. I have been taking Xanax to try to help, but it barely touches them. I wasn’t this bad before the Pristiq. I am now going back to Paxil. Hopefully third time will still be a charm. Good luck to those trying Pristiq, it is a great drug for some. Just not all."

Ribs13 (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I took Pristiq (generic) for a little more than two months and did not find it helpful for relief of my anxiety associated with my depression. My doc tried to increase the dose to 100 mg and it only caused increased anxiety. The other odd thing was some weeks it seemed to help with the depression/anxiety and then the next week I would struggle. I would say it was sometimes helpful with the depression- but I was also taking Xanax and Remeron as well so it was hard to tell which medication was really working."

rneary (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...