User Reviews for Desvenlafaxine

Also known as: Khedezla, Pristiq

Learn more about Desvenlafaxine.

Hot Flashes 1 reviews 19 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 34 reviews 46 medications

6.4
Summary of Desvenlafaxine reviews 783 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Desvenlafaxine

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "It's an amazing drug. I have started having GAD due to the nature of my job, I had tried several meds and nothing worked for me. Pristiq made a huge difference in my life, where I felt alive again. For people afraid of withdrawal symptoms, I have weaned off Pristiq over a period of 2 months with no issues. Now after 2 months pristiq free , I am scheduling an appointment with my GP to go back on pristiq as stress levels has heightened again. The only side affect I had was lower sex drive which can be stressful, yet manageable. That's the only reason I have rated it 9"

Hassan1234 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2017

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I just want to share my experience with Pristiq I had suffered depression since I was 15 and tried many antidepressants that made me hallucinate, gain weight and sleep all day. The day since my doctor changed my medicine to Pristiq my life has changed for ever I can safely say that my depression is completely gone. It also diminished my anxiety by 90%. I have absolutely no side effects no weight gain, tiredness, dizziness. On the contrary, it gives me energy, and I feel happy and calm all the time. I am more social, and I laugh and live life like I used to. Pristiq saved my life, and I know that for some people it may not be the best but if you are trying to look for a new antidepressant you should definitely try Pristiq."

Jessica Sanchez January 13, 2017

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "This med works well for norepinephrine uptake inhibition which is my problem. However, it can cause anorgasmia in men over 50 years of age. I can have an erection and sexual intercourse but I never finish the job. One of the side effects listed for this drug if you read the small print. I stopped using it years ago and still have side effects."

Senior M January 10, 2017

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I know one week of treatment is not a fair chance to give a medication to judge its effectiveness, I'm only reviewing the side effects. I was on the 50mg dose and the first 2-3 days were fine; no side effects noticed. However, my appetite significantly decreased to the point where I had to force myself to eat or I would go an entire day without eating. And I couldn't eat much when I did eat. I had cloudy urine and didn't have a strong flow; which made me think I had a UTI without the burning. Lower abdominal pain, some diarrhea. Lethargic all the time, no motivation to do anything. Not depressed, just didn't wanna get out of bed. Felt sleepy but couldn't sleep even with sleep mess. When I did sleep, it was very broken."

PomMom (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2017

For Depression: "OK. This drug isn't to be underestimated. Its Dangerous. At first I thought it was good because don't get me wrong it removes depressed emotion - problem is it takes away every other emotion too including good ones. It was hard to stop taking them because it does sort of work and I was scared to withdraw. Then I realised they were effecting my conscience and desicion making skills - they make you not care which made my quality of life worse, making me unable to communicate and also gain weight - then I had to up the dosage. Ironic right? So I decided I'd stop and I did, all of a sudden my sexual pleasure and ability to think straight came back, I'm happy again. Not recommended."

TimJ1989 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 5, 2017

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I have been taking 100 mg for about 6 years. I had moderate OCD, high anxiety, and then a diagnosis of depression before I started taking Pristiq. I have found it has reduced my OCD, anxiety and depression very well. Lately though I have been experiencing intrusive self-critical thoughts and excessive bruxosis (teeth grinding). I am 62 and have a heavy work load. My libido has been hugely reduced since starting on Pristiq although this may in part be due to menopause. I also occasionally experience what I would call LSD flashbacks, of a benign nature. The images I see, only at night, are of extraordinary beauty and are extremely detailed. When I open my eyes, I can still see the images. Has anyone else experienced this?"

Bingybong (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 5, 2017

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I couldn't be happier with Pristiq as it has helped me get back in the game of life again. I started taking Pristiq six weeks ago, following its recommendations and those who have had success on it. While on daily Pristiq, I also do 30 minutes of exercise (rebounding, walking, swimming), drink 2 litres of water, only 1 cup of coffee/ tea a day and no alcohol. Regular bedtime/risetime (8 hours min sleep). Quick results help me to persevere for 3 weeks to form new habits and get control of my life again. The rebounding offset my dizziness, nausea, sluggishness, constipation and "I-don't-feel-like-it"s. Pristiq and a healthier lifestyle have me feeling like my old self again, enjoying life, friendships, good health and work again."

Back in the game (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2017

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I took this for 4 months. It gave me awful almost dangerous constipation . I felt dumb most of the time. I was never sad nor happy. I wouldn't recommend this unless nothing else worked."

Lefty448510 December 22, 2016

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Has worked for 9 years. A very good treatment for my serious, persistent major depression with psychotic features. No psychosis or depression."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 22, 2016

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I technically have bipolar II disorder and I'm a rapid-cycler, but most of the time I experience crippling depression. I take this along with Trileptal to curb any possible hypomanic side effects. I took a genetic test and this showed up on my list of drugs that were okay to take. I'm on 25 mg, which is technically a starter dose but I've found that it's more than plenty to help with my symptoms. Within the first couple of days, my depressive thinking (intrusive thoughts, suicidal thoughts, paranoia, etc.) and daily panic attacks went down to basically nothing. I have relatively low energy still, but it sure beats feeling suicidal and anxious all the time. The only side effects I have is constipation and if I take it too late, insomnia."

Catman22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2016

For Depression: "Day one for me so I can't "rate" but I am amazed at the wildly differing experiences posted! I have been on and off antidep's for 20 years but the side effects ( loss of libido, insomnia, weight gain etc ) from the various different brands ,inevitably resulted in me failing to renew the prescription after a few months. They were all from the same SSRI group of drugs but I can't say that I've experienced withdrawal symptoms from any of them when going" Cold turkey" . I suffer from mild anxiety but recently been suffering major depression that, in the main, has manifested itself by huge lethargy. My doctor prescribed valdoxan which, while side effect free, did stuff all and cost a fortune! Fingers crossed for Pristiq!"

Winston Churchill (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2016

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "For years I refused medication for my depression and anxiety disorder. I had tried a few in the past (Lexapro, Effexor etc) but they hadn't helped or caused me to gain weight. After having my baby my anxiety and depression became so bad I couldn't leave the house. I met another lady who suggested this medication. I was really hesitant but I had to try something for my babies sake. This medication has really changed my life. I am A different person completely. I feel strong and don't remember the last time I cried (I use to be a daily cryer!). I am still anxious sometimes but life doesn't seem so hard anymore. Everyone that knows me has noticed the difference in me. It took about three days to get use to it, but it's been great since."

Aubs (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 11, 2016

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been dealing with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) for over 12 years. I am a 31 year old male who is in overall athletic shape. It is important to note that my mother has Fibromyalgia and it is quite possible that I have it and not CFS. My CFS diagnosis was after a bout of chronic Mono in my 20's. I have tried many anti-depressants over the years because a common effect with the chronic fatigue has been depression. I was prescribe Prestiq 4 weeks ago and I feel normal again. My energy level is much, much better. My mood has improved drastically. My energy level still is not what it was before Mono but the improvement has been great. My only side effect has been a slight decrease in sex drive and a harder time reaching orgasism."

BrandonLee December 3, 2016

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Im 28 years old.. always been anxious, depressed and I have ADHD. I tried medication for my deficit disorder before ( concerta, vyvanse, ritalin ) I always had major heart palpitation on them and always had to stop. ( took it max for 2 weeks ) About 1 month ago I lived a shitty separation and I was very depressed, the worst breakup I experienced in my life.. i was constantly anxious, no appetite, concerned, couldnt work couldnt sleep, constantly sad and miserable... I went to see my doctor and asked for help... for something to boost my mood, control my anxiety and the most important..no weight gain. Im on it since a month and honestly I lost 10 pounds. I have no side effects and I feel better than ever. Im happy and smiling all the time"

Marylenaaaa November 23, 2016

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I know people react to medication differently, some have had great experience but most have seen the dark side of this medication. I've been on multiple medications, this is definitely the last one I will ever go on. My suicidal thoughts increased to almost daily, felt like self harming my self all the time. super irritable. I was only on the medication for 2 months, before I was on effexor for almost 2 years.. multiple medications before. I decided to wean off of it with the help of the pharmacist for a month.. after officially off of them I have never felt something so horrible as these withdrawal symptoms. so dizzy I couldn't get off out of bed for 4 days, brain zaps, shaking uncontrollably, hit and cold flashes.. ect. BE CAREFUL"

cookieee (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 21, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I have never reviewed a medicine before. I've suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for almost 7 years now. I'm very sensitive to medicine and I've tried Lexapro, Wellbutrin, celexa, and one more that I can't remember. I've also had to use klonopin as a back up. I hate taking medicine because it always makes me feel weird and that exacerbates my anxiety. It's been 4 weeks and this has been amazing! I don't feel weird or unlike myself, I haven't had to take emergency klonopin once, I was just promoted and have had the most stressful 7 weeks of work I've ever experienced and I feel great! Amazing medicine, I'm glad I gave it one last shot with this. Life changing."

PoodleLady November 18, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "I started taking Pristiq after suffering from Panic Disorder for almost 3 years. I was terrified to take anything but it was the best decision I ever made. It completely cured me from panic attacks, but I am still anxious and my psoriaisis did not improve at all. I did NOT have ANY side effects ever. I even drink alcohol and I feel as if I am not on a prescription drug. It got rid of my agarophobia, and I felt normal again. I stopped taking it about 2 months ago but I felt terrified panic would come back. I started taking it again today. My doctor says even if I get pregnant I shouldn"

cdrido (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 17, 2016

For Anxiety: "The only thing that has ever worked for my anxiety. It's so expensive, even with insurance, but I'd never try anything else."

LexiM (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 14, 2016

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Almost a year ago, I suffered a major depressive episode and I have tried mulriple medications. Although I experienced some minimal success at being able to easy again and get out of bed, I was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder as well as Generalized Anxiety. Being on a leave from work for months, I felt pretty defeated that I would be able to get back to "normal". I took a DNA test and my doctors and I decided to try Prestiq. In the first two weeks, I has almost no side effects but it did little for my mood too. Now that I am finishing up my 4th week, I am finally seeing good results. It's early, so I couldn't rate this med a 10 but I am hopeful. This CAN work but it's not a quick response! I think this one requires patience."

Ardelean32 November 12, 2016

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was on Effexor and Wellbutrin for several years and I have gained 20 lbs. That made me more depressed about myself. I told the PA I would like to try a new generation of anti depressants to see if anything changes. It has been a week and I feel great ! My anxiety has been greatly reduced! It is like how amazing life is without being afraid or worrying about everything. I still take the Wellbutrin and that is all I want to take. She wants to add Ability, that has so many bad side effects...it something to celebrate to not force a smile....good luck"

Raejebro November 11, 2016

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Switched to Pristiq from SSRI after burning through most of the SSRIs and finding Wellbutrin was great but not enough. I had GeneSight and Pristiq and Fetzima were the only green a/ds that were green lighted. Started with 50, side effects waned after a few weeks, but didn't really kick in, so upped to 100 and lowered WB. It was awful. My memory has been destroyed on Pristiq, so I can't tell you what specifically but all of my symptoms worsened. Went right back to 50 and WB 450. Pristiq is ok. It helped the incredible sadness and hopelessness and affect/flatness, nothingness. Didn't help with motivation, getting out of bed, happiness, socialization, cognition. Switching to Fetzima and crossing fingers."

MDDMom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 9, 2016

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I have tried Zoloft, lexapro, effexor and they made me feel horrible. Pristiq is different. I added it to my wellbutrin SR and Adderall daily. Calms me and drastically reduced my anxiety without making me drowsy. It works within a couple days! Worth a shot. Try it. It could change your life."

mamakitty3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 5, 2016

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Great drug!"

HTOOOOO November 3, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "After trying many other medications and failing my doctor finally gave me this beauty and my life is much better. I like myself my kids and husband again! Lol. Not only has it given me back my happiness it also helped me maintain my focus on my weight issues and given me that edge for life i had never ever experienced truly. Side effects of insomina and suppressed appetite (which is a win when all you do is eat on other meds) First few days heart rate was up but slowed down after the drugs was in my system 100. Warning! Do not stop taking abruptly!!! You will feel like a herion addict with no hit!"

Crazy mum from oz November 1, 2016

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "This poison never helped my anxiety or depression. I am currently weaning off & it is HELL. I do not recommended this med. I've also lost 1/2 my hair in the 6 months I've been on it. Only 22 years old."

Crzygirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 28, 2016