User Reviews for Desvenlafaxine

Also known as: Khedezla, Pristiq

Learn more about Desvenlafaxine.

Hot Flashes 1 reviews 19 medications

Major Depressive Disorder 47 reviews 46 medications

6.2
Summary of Desvenlafaxine reviews 846 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Desvenlafaxine

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Pristiq changed my life. Made me feel like a normal happy person. Side effects were an annoying headache for the first 2 days. No more symptoms once I had come off it."

DeeDee1388 October 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Put it this way, I've no intention of ever coming off Pristiq. Almost a year and I'm a new woman. It was my first 4th dip of rock bottom but I won't have another one. Depression has such a stigma! What about 'neurotransmitter condition' !!!"

NoraHmcc October 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I've had mostly a positive experience with Pristq. Some nervousness but I think I'm still adjusting to it. I've seen several people post on the generic not being effective so before I started taking it I did some digging and discovered that Greenstone is a subsidery of Pfizer and they distribute an authorized generic. Authorized generics are the name brand repackaged as a generic. "

Seekingserinity September 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Once you start pristiq you're on it for the rest of your life, and what's worst, you need to up your dose every year. It's a nightmare. You can never quit it, not even gradually. Withdrawal or refusal to increase your dose will destroy you. Avoid it."

Do not start pristiq (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Pristiq is a horrible drug. Caused me to be off work for 9 months due to the side effects, I had insomia didn't sleep for 2 weeks, gave me restless leg syndrome, felt agitated, my mood was super down. I would not recommend it to anyone."

Notgoos September 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "My dr put me straight on Desfax/Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) instead of Lexapro hoping that the inhibition of norepinephrine reuptake in addition to the SRI would help with energy and motivation. It was an easy swap, didn't need to ween off lexapro, and didn't get any side effects from stopping lexapro or starting pristiq from memory. The first 4 weeks or so felt relatively steady (placebo effect) then out of nowhere had vivid nightmares, snappy/irritated mood out of nowhere (this was new to me I'm not usually that kind of person),I had dangerous/impulsive behaviours, and then it got even worse and it felt like the depression came back in full swing with horrible low moods and crying. No more pristiq. Now to try a Bupropion & Valdoxen combo."

Jessmaree September 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I thought I could manage without medication but after 2 months I fell into the black hole yet again. This time my Doctor put me on Pristiq and it gave me an unexpected benefit. A few years ago I had a right hip replacement but it kept pulling out and I would fall down. It then dislocated altogether and I had to have another operation and after a year it dislocated again. This year Jan 2017 I had my other hip replaced. Not surprisingly the fear of falling was extreme. After 4 weeks on Pristiq I found I can walk without aids. I would like Pristiq to help stop the negative thoughts that roll around my head however I will stay on Pristiq regardless because it is the difference in being able to walk or be incapacitated by fear and anxiety."

Whirling dervish September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "This medicine has changed my life! I feel like I am living life again instead of surviving. I used to wake up every day fearful of everything. It was so bad that I had to take 6 weeks off work. This medicine has changed me. I wake up every morning happy and very energized. I started taking this medicine in April of 2017 and its the best decision I have ever made. I was always skeptical of taking medicine but I am so glad I decided to."

Anonymous September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "After trying a myriad of medications for my postpartum anxiety, all which brought on profound side effects such as depression, insomnia, rage, no feelings whatsoever, etc, I was placed on Pristine/ Desvenalfaxine. I have not had to take medication for anxiety or depression previously and was to the point where I intended to suffer through the anxiety rather than the side effects. This medication however, has been a lifesaver. I feel fantastic and very much like myself. I want to do normal things, taking care of my son doesn't make me feel like I'm going to worry myself into an early grave. I'm not having heart palpitations. I can actually work and be productive opposed to constant worry. It is working!"

Worriednomore (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "This drug has changed me back to the person I recall being 20 yrs ago. For the first time in years I've been waking up early with energy ready to take on the day. I have a 1 year old toddler and a beautiful wife and I want to be all I can for them and I don't think it would be possible without the assistance of this medication. I am also a surgeon and lead a stressful lifestyle so I need all the help I can get. There's been a lot of trial error along the way... My Advice: keep trying different anti-depressants and by 12 months there is a 90% chance you'll find the right one for you. If the medication gives you a significant improvement (but falls short of 100%) stick with it and sort the rest out with psychotherapy."

ChloeDrugs (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "SCARIEST ANTI-DEPPRESANT I'VE EVER TRIED! Put me into the stratosphere of anxiety/depression-became suicidal-anything-or nothing is better than this!"

ebelle (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I took Pristiq for 10 years and felt great and very normal all the time. It was wonderful. No depression, with very little anxiety. It didn't affect my sex drive, and I didn't gain weight. Switched to generic about 3 months ago because Pristiq cost me $450 a month with insurance and a discount, and we're retiring. The generic has not worked that well for me. I have less energy, and I just don't feel as happy. I may have to go back to Pristiq if things don't start to improve in a month or two."

GDW (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Pristiq has been the most effective drug I've came across in my life for this mental illness! Only side effect is because it's a timed release, if you miss 1 day taking it you will feel like a train hit you. Otherwise it's the most stable I've ever felt!"

Clinical depression sucks (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I had been taking Pristiq 50mg for sometime and felt great my anxiety, tiredness and sadness gone, with changes in our insurance I was given the generic Desvenlafaxine SUC ER 50mg, I noticed within a week I was feeling different. I continued to take it for three months and I feel like I am not taking anything, I brought it up to my doctor and he told me they are the same it's like the placebo effect. NO I disagreed with him they are different and I feel different. Do I take something else? I hate to start over trying different meds. Any suggestions?"

Missbunny (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I am 34, its my first week on it. I didn't realise how bad things really were inside my head until now. At first I had 2 days of nauseous bouts but by the third day I felt less caught in a loop and yesterday I went to 100mg and while thinking of an old friend I had a slip back in a moment of time and with a good memory in my brain I felt a rush of elation inside me like butterflies. I actually felt something. I've been suffering for so long and it almost seems too good to be true. I'm so thankful."

Annarexsickk (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I took Pristiq for years and it was wonderful. Unfortunately my insurance changed and I wound up on Effexor, which caused me horrific night sweats. When I saw Pristiq had a generic, I was thrilled! Now that I'm on it, I realize it's not anywhere close to the brand name. I feel terrible on it. I have headaches, jaw pain, I have heartburn, and I've even noticed some heart palpitations. I'm really disappointed in the generic, but I don't want to go back to Effexor and deal with the night sweats, so I'm kind of at a loss for what to do. I'm hoping if I give the generic Pristiq more time, my system will adjust. I feel for the rest of you are having issues, because it's not fun."

Bellesunny123 (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Its been nearly 2 years on various doses of Pristiq, and 100mg each day works best for my mind. Thankfully. I have some side effects that annoy me a lot, like no appetite, nausea, gut problems & worst of all- killed my libido this whole time. It simply ceased to exist. I continue to take my meds. I'm a widow raising a 12 year old for last 7 years after my Husband died suddenly very suddenly of swine flu. So much has been lost from that day. Inevitably it took its toll on me. Not a complete person anymore. Its like I feel asexual... But I am alive and kicking"

Elaine is my real name (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "This drug made my executive functioning a lot better, but it also almost immediately made me super down and caused partial seizures (I have no history of epilepsy). It may have triggered an episode of psychosis as well but I am still uncertain whether it was a psychotic episode or a seizure as I also lost control and sensation in my limbs while hallucinating before losing consciousness completely. I would not recommend this drug."

rongeromy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Pristiq, BRAND NAME ONLY, I give 10 plus. Best thing out there for me. 50mg - barely any side effects, crazy night sweats, but sex drive in check - key for happy soul and relationships. Do not take generic, I had a serious relapse in depression almost put me in the hospital. Mind you, it took 3 months for us to realize what was happening so be careful! The generic is too new to find much information and if you goggle how inadequate testing is, you'll be persuaded not to use. Found Pristiq after decades of different cocktails until my new DR. had me take a genetic test - not ancestry test. I highly suggest, super informative regarding how your body breakdown psych. Meds. Thank you for sharing - today I live because I am not alone"

DD in the rabbithole (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder: "My rating of 1 is for GENERIC Pristiq, desvenlafaxine - should not be in the market, not even close to brand PRISTIQ... I was doing amazingly well, better than ever in my 47 years, on a nice small dose of 50mg, PRISTIQ not desvenlafaxine (generic); believe me, I've tried EVERYTHING including that killer serazone- think they took that one off market. Now, I am writing this after two weeks in bed wondering WTF? Thanks to all the posts, I get it. Insurance switched me to generic 3 months ago, it all makes sense now. Gradually, almost insidiously, I've been slipping down, gaining weight, feeling lethargic, irritable not able to cope with talking on the phone so I was chalking it up to PMS or pre-menopausal.... WRONG WRONG WRONG..."

DDinrabbithole (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "This was a big change in life with 50 mg taken at night for one week then went to 25mg in am. It's been 6 months and things are great. I take also First Nutrients Nutrivie a natural plant base every day with 5 oz of water and that has been the best thing for depression and anxiety! I wish more people new! It gives you your life back. Hoping everyone can feel good again."

Kingbear67 July 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I started pristiq 3 months ago and it has changed my life! I finally feel like I want to live. It all started with taking a DNA test and it recommended pristiq. I don't get those really low days anymore. I love pristiq! I never thought I would feel better after trying medication after medication."

Katie4717 July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I have been on 100mg of Pristiq for three years for depression and anxiety. Without question it has changed my life incredibly. I waited 47 years to have the courage to take an antidepressant and wish with all my heart I had met this medication in my 20's. I started on 50mg but after a two months reluctantly headed up to 100 ... my reservations were for nothing ... this medication has worked beautifully for me. I did have side effects in the first few weeks, beating heart, very thirsty and slight headaches, but they passed quickly and I have been amazed by its strength ever since. I have had some serious life crises to deal with in the past three years ... and often feared the medication would not be able to 'hold' me ... it always has. I have an amazing therapist who I saw for the first two years but no longer need that support, the medication is enough. I used to have so many concerns about taking any such medications - was frequently turned away from them by what I'd read as horror stories online ... I wanted to let you know ... it's not for all of us ... some of us do have great reviews ... maybe not enough of us drop back to pass them on because we got busy with our new lives where wellness is the new normal. I never worry about coming off them, I don't care if I have to take them forever ... as long as I feel this good I'm not ending my relationship with them ..."

Finally healthy (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I have been on name brand Pristiq for nearly a decade and doing great. Depression, anger, sex drive, all were in check for a number of years. Like many others I was forced to move to the generic by insurance. It took a few weeks but noticed I was shorter tempered, irritated, and lost all sexual drive to the point of being disinterested. Requested going back to name-brand after two months of generic and immediately felt better. Stress level is down and I can handle it without being irritated. Disappointing that insurance and big-pharma just need their profits instead of helping people. Cost on Pristiq before detectable - $65 After deductible - $15. Generic - $15 Pristiq after generic was available and ins won't cover the name brand -$311"

McDanno (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "This review and rating is for the GENERIC of Pristiq (desvenlafaxine). I was recently switched to the generic due to my insurance policy. Took it for over a month and I have been getting panic attacks, heart palpitations, insomnia and depression. It was as if I wasn't taking any medication at all! I seem to have a sensitivity with certain generic drugs (also cannot take generic birth control pills). My doctor agreed and put me back on the brand name and it was a lot of hoop jumping with the insurance company to get this mail order pushed through and to avoid their $700 penalty fee for going back to brand names. If you are hesitant about the generic, definitely try the brand name!"

NewYorkGirl1984 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2017