User Reviews for Desvenlafaxine

Also known as: Khedezla, Pristiq

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Desvenlafaxine.

Hot Flashes

Major Depressive Disorder
5.9

Summary of Desvenlafaxine reviews 8.0 880 reviews

Reviews for Desvenlafaxine

For Anxiety: "I have not been on this too long, but so far so good. I did a DNA saliva test a few years back with a mental health nurse practitioner, and Pristiq came out as my number one choice. Since it was not in generic form at the time, I opted for choice #2, generic Paxil, for insurance/money reasons. That has worked very well for my anxiety for 3 years, but the one side-effect that has driven me nuts was always feeling sooo tired in the morning. Since the generic for Pristiq has come out, I decided to switch, and I already feel more awake and energetic in the morning. I have tried a plethora of anti-anxiety meds over the years, always with side effects or they just quit working. Knowing that everybody has a different body chemistry and reactions to medication vary greatly, I HIGHLY recommend doing the DNA test if you can. It has been a real life changer for me and the change from generic Paxil to Pristiq has been seamless."

Cekropian February 13, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I just wanted to share as when I started pristiq I googled so much about how long it would take to work. I was actually prescribed in for anxiety and panic. I had awful side effects full on for the first week, dizzy, drowsy, I felt really isolated as I felt so out of it and pretty much took the week off work and stayed in bed all day and night. I am going into my 8th week and it is only now that I can honestly say I am feeling close to being the old me- I have also started seeing a psychologist. If anyone out there is struggling I would give it at least this time. It is so hard but to persevere will be worth it hopefully."

Kelly Sydney February 10, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Helped my depression a little but not spectacularly. Did little for my anxiety. At 200mg, I put on a substantial amount of weight and had a much larger appetite than usual."

Puffy1100 February 7, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Works great for me! Tried other anti depressants and they are not as effective or have worse side effects, cymbalta works for me except that I get the worst dry mouth on it. Pristiq doesn’t do that. The bad? When I stopped taking it I had the worst withdrawal symptoms, horrid headache, queasy and overall feeling super rubbishy. So be aware when you want to go off it you will likely have to deal with that for me it lasted about 5 days?"

Xayanth (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 4, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have taken pristiq for 7 years. I have taken 100my...all of this time, I have upped my dose the past two days to 200mg..I can tell the difference and want to ask Dr to increase dose."

DW4417 January 30, 2018

For Depression: "Please listen to this testimonial... The generic Pristiq does NOT work. Yes, it's cheaper than the name brand but it DOES NOT WORK. I was on name brand for 2 years and so happy then the price went up and decided to try the generic. I was the biggest jerk to everyone. I have pushed away people I love (especially my husband) and no one wanted to be around me. I also developed a wicked alcohol problem because I was SO angry, depressed, anxiety through the roof, etc. I have been back on the name brand for 5 days now and feel like my old self again. I don't know if it will repair my marriage from the damage I have caused but would love some prayers..."

djkh85 January 30, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been on this about three weeks. I'm dealing with constipation, blurry vision, inability to empty my bladder, and HORRIFIC insomnia. However, the deep depression has lifted about 75%. I will give this one more week. If the insomnia doesn't clear up by then, I will go off the drug."

melowee1977 January 28, 2018

For Depression: "DO NOT take desvenlafaxine if you are doing well on the name brand. I gained 30lbs and became super depressed on desvenlafaxine. It was cheaper but I almost lost EVERYTHING because of it. I'm back on name brand and becoming stable again."

vjacobson (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "I wish to make your readers aware if I may of the addictive nature of 'Pristiq'. I was unfortunately placed on Pristqe by my (past) Dr. This drug did assist me in recovering from depression. However, when the time came time for me to 'stop' using this drug it became glaringly, and painfully obvious to me how addictive this drug is; the withdrawal symptoms are more painful than the original symptoms! Unfortunately for me I was not informed re: the addictive nature of this drug. If I had been informed re its addictive nature I would have categorically refused to take it! At present I am reducing my dose to 1 every second day and am still feeling the affects. Please be aware !!!"

Nickipoo January 22, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I’ve been on 50 mg a day for just over a week. I am a complete zombie, and I have no desire to do anything. My life has stopped. I see my psych. very soon and will tell him about this."

Melowee1977 (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2018

For Depression: "I was switched to the generic desvenlafaxine manufactured by Greenstone in March 2017 and experienced depressive symptoms shortly thereafter. I worked with my physician and insurance company to switch me back to Pristiq and my symptoms improved. I just submitted this information to MedWatch, the FDA Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program. I highly recommend that others who have had similar experiences also do the same. There have been known problems with other generic anti-depressants, Cymbalta and Wellbutrin, and perhaps the FDA would investigate generic desvenlafaxine if there are enough complaints. "

tootsiepop123 January 19, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Beware! If you have the option to try anything other than this drug do try. I wanted a quick fix to take away the unbearable pain of losing my partner. First effexor, now pristiq with many more in between. It has been 8 years of trying and failing to get off the drug. I am over the loss of partner but going off this drug causes unbearable depression. There is so much research out there people showing that in all but serious cases of depression this drug is no better than placebo and should only be used for a limited period. take care all"

Glassmith (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 18, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This has been my 'miracle drug'. My depression was identified as medication resistant meaning that nothing worked. ECT was suggested I refused and wanted to try a few more meds first against my Drs advice. I'm glad I did Pristiq has completely stopped my depressive lows. Thanks to my Bipolar Disorder I regularly had depressive episodes that would last for months. Now... I still have my 'down days' but are nowhere near as severe and only last a day or two..."

Jessypoo January 16, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "Someone posted that Greenstone is owned by Pfizer and their generic is basically the brand - it's true! You have to special order from CVS and it's more expensive"

FL_Neil (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2018

For Depression: "I just started desvenlafaxine 25 mg. For depression and anxiety. I have taken it for 5 days and have had a debilitating headache from day 1. I suffer from migraines. My doctor wants me to move up to 50 mg. And I’m hesitant to do so. Any suggestions?"

Cherwest (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2018

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "The first 3 weeks I had side effects like anorexia, constipation and insomnia but then they all went away and now I am soooo happy I found Pristique. Literally no side effects anymore, sleep great and feel happier and calmer. I am going through a lot of life changes right now which would normally make me need hospitalization but I've been able to stay calm and work through the situations instead of turning off."

Grateful79 December 31, 2017

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Beyond horrible! It made me feel the worst I've ever felt in my entire life. Even worse than when my mother passed away. A few hours after taking my first dose I was wrought with extreme panic and a horrific sense of doom. The next few hours were spent trying desperately to calm down and none stop bawling my eyes out wishing it will stop. I got a fever and felt like I'd also just been slammed by a strong flu. It took a while to be able to sleep that night as I was still shaking from fear. When I woke up I felt a tiny bit better so thought maybe my 2nd dose may go better.. Mistake! Repeated the exact same thing. Threw the rest in the trash and spent the day crying none stop and feeling absolutely horrendous!"

Draqen45 December 27, 2017

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Feel down and nervous on higher dose. Stick with 100mg or less for a while. Over 100mg might be too much, for me it is. I take klonopin, prazosin for PTSD, and latuda for mood swings. Don't give up unless it makes you horribly sick to your stomach or other side effects, but talk to your doctor first."

DownUpper (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2017

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Good Med! Little skeptical about helping me. I have a bad habit of changing my dosages on my own. I find 200mg to be good. I take Latuda as well which is a anti-depressant booster sort of. Appetite is normal sometimes not as bad as I thought. No vomiting but diarrhea instead. I have a bad gall bladder which needs to be removed maybe why I'm so loose on the stool. Stick with it."

HowardDuckworth (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2017

For Major Depressive Disorder: "This used to help before the pill was changed to a brown one. All dosages are brown. I am allergic to brown pills so, I had to change to another medication. I hate that it has changed."

specialpc (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 10, 2017

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Ever since I have taken this, (almost 5 months) I seriously don't care about anything. I want to but I don't, my processing is slow, and I feel angry and agitated all the time."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2017

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Eight years ago, I had a hysterectomy and afterwords suffered deep depression. Pristiq took me out of a deep pit and made me able to live a normal life again. One caution: Make sure that your doctor is prescribing and your pharmacy is filling the name brand and not the generic. When I switched to the generic, it did absolutely nothing to help me, and in fact, made my depression worse. And after just one day back on Pristiq proper, I have peace and calm again and happiness."

Lisamomm (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 6, 2017

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: "Prestiq made me so angry and mean, and I had no clue why or what was going on. Never had an antidepressant make me feel like that before. Never again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2017

For Bipolar Disorder: "Increased mood instability both ways became really down and have insomnia dissociation."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2017

For Anxiety: "Bad side effect of brain fog outweighed the benefits."

J desrosiers November 19, 2017