User Reviews for Desvenlafaxine

Major Depressive Disorder 5.6
Summary of Desvenlafaxine reviews 6.9 1,123 reviews

Reviews for Desvenlafaxine

Mara · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 2, 2020

For Anxiety: “After being on Venlor for a year and a half, the medication suddenly stopped working during my final year of high school, ensuing in a damn difficult year emotionally and mentally. This year May, I decided to try Exsira (generic of Pristiq - cannot get the generic in my country). The first 4 weeks were difficult with difficulty sleeping in the first week, heightened anxiety, and waking up so fatigued and drained throughout the day. Most of the side effects subsided except the fatigue which truly became debilitating - especially during quarantine. So I'm officially stopping this medication soon and trialling another. Reminder - Just because this medication didn't work out for me, does not mean it won't for you. I had such hope that it would work because Venlor did, but everyone is different. Don't let horrible reviews discourage you, everything is worth a try to be happy, so keep at it! Sending my best to all of you struggling, you got this <3 Mara, 18”

Macca · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 17, 2020

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “Had a bout of paternal post-natal anxiety and depression (probably a triggering of latent c-PTSD from childhood). I then tried two different SSRIs for 3 weeks each - both made me so drowsy and didn’t relieve any of the major symptoms I was having. Dr put me on desvenlafaxine (50mg) and Quietapine (25mg at night) and within a week I was back to my normal happy self - have been this way for 6 months now and it’s given me the mental strength to go through psychotherapy, which will continue for probably another 6-12 months. This drug (or this combo) saved my life for sure. No major side effects (harder to orgasm, but only slightly). Able to be the husband and parent that I want to be, and that my family deserve.”

McGhee · Taken for less than 1 month May 26, 2020

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: “Why is this a frontline anti-depressant? Yes you read of people having positive responses to it, but it's either this or profoundly negative responses. For me personally, it made my depression worse in terms of cognitive issues, fatigue and anxiety which isn't usually a big issue for me. I was obsessing about my girlfriend cheating on me non stop and had more frequent self harm ideations. I got off it after only 3 weeks and had night terrors and bouts of anger with motivations to ending my life stronger than any I've had before.”

Gareth · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 25, 2020

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: “I've been on many antidepressants and desvenlafaxine had the least side affects. Dose increased rapidly until I was on 100mg morning and night. Recently had some anxiety, paranoia and rage issues. Got a referral for a psychiatrist. He started me on taking the 200mg Pristiq in the morning and taking 30mg of mirtazapine in the evening. Increased my issues over the 2 weeks taking this combo. Now on 200mg in the morning as before and 100mg of quetiapine in the evening. My mood has stabilised but my social anxiety has increased (even with a Valium safety net) and have trouble getting back to work. I'm genuinely glad most of you have found peace but I'm yet to find mine- with a marriage hanging by a thread and a 1yo daughter relying on me, time is not on my side.”

Bubbamingo · Taken for less than 1 month May 20, 2020

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: “The Pristiq nearly killed me. I have been off of it for four months and am just now seeing some light at the end of this tunnel caused by this awful medicine.”

dptn May 9, 2020

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: “It is now 147 days since I first started taking Pristiq. I enjoy the small things. I was in Athens and I found myself enjoying the sight of the mountains in the distance and the sight of trees laden with oranges. I used to not enjoy these small things. I find it easier to stay motivated. I don’t feel listless very often anymore. I find it easier to set goals and to work towards them everyday. I find it easier to control my cravings. I am still not where I would like to be but it is now much easier for sure. I lost 7 kgs simply by moderating my diet. I don’t get angry at people anymore. I am actually happy throughout the day. Happiness is a real part of my being now. I find it easy to be happy even though I don’t have a promotion, we don’t have a house and our savings aren’t so great. My relationship with my wife has improved significantly.”

Micah · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 8, 2020

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: “I have tried a lot of different antidepressants/mood stabilizers for my Bipolar Disorder. Lexapro, Cymbalta, Trileptal,etc. Before Pristiq I was taking 150mg Lamictal and Venlafaxine 75mg. I was changed to Lamictal 200mg and Desvenlafaxine 50mg. At first, I loved Pristiq. It seemed to really help my anxiety. After 2.5 months, I started to feel tired all the time. No energy, no motivation, no drive. I had no interest in doing anything. Talked to my PCP and stopped Pristiq. Now trying Trintellix with the Lamictal 200mg. Hoping for the best.”

Sam · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 8, 2020

For Depression: “I was prescribed pristiq after zoloft was found to be completely ineffective for me in March of 2018. I went from such a low state to a much better one in just 5 months. There were no side effects. I was confident, friendly, and I knew how to talk to people and I was doing tremendously better in school. Unfortunately in mid November of 2019 is when I realized it stopped working for me, and my depression had worsened. Pristiq did wonders to my personality and helped me focus on better things until I began to deteriorate again. Over all a great antidepressant, wished the dosage would've been upped instead of having my medicine being changed completely.”

gsodak · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 4, 2020

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: “Pristiq has benefits, BUT, be aware of serious long term use side effects. They are real. This is a powerful drug that affects many body systems. Don't ignore your side effects.”

Sayman · Taken for less than 1 month April 29, 2020

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: “Pristiq save my life. It is the only option I left in the world, it reduces my head pressure and anxiety. Just try it and see how you go. I am 100 mg on it.”

gs · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2020

For Depression: “I was given desvenlafaxine for bipolar depression and anxiety and it worked very well for anxiety, not so much depression. i was switched to venlafaxine in the hospital due to availability and it is actually cheaper and quite similar to desvenlafaxine, helping me with managing my anxiety.”

Kk April 13, 2020

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “I found that it worked short term before I started experiencing side effects without missing a dose and had to keep being upped . Also found that it did nothing to help with nightmares and flash backs. desvenlafaxine numbed me for a while but never out quickly and body became use to it too quick already on 200mg hasn't really helped me long term”

KB April 12, 2020

For Depression: “I’ve been on Pristiq for 9 years. I began with 50 mg every 24 hours, but it made me lethargic and sleepy so I took 50mg every 36 hours. Over time, I just lost all drive and motivation to do anything. I went up to 100mg 2 years ago and shortly after, I ended up with adrenal fatigue. I don’t know if there’s any correlation between the two but I’ve read SSRI’s increase cortisol. What goes up must come down and I totally tanked. I’m down to 50mg every 24 hours and my doc added 20mg Prozac that has a much longer half life. If I miss one dose or even try to stretch it out a few hours longer, I get really bad symptoms. I had side effects when beginning the drug so I knew it would be brutal to come off. I went cold turkey off Lexapro years earlier and I was dizzy, but able to function. This stuff, no way!! All I can say about this drug is it pulled me through a hard time 9 years ago, but I wish I would have come off it 1 year after beginning it. Brutal!”

Thankful · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 10, 2020

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: “I have been on many other medications, such as Abilify and Lamictal and Lexapro, but this was the one that finally helped me fully be better. It does have side effects yes, and missing doses aren't fun, but I'd say it has easily changed my life for the better. If I was at 30% before Pristiq, then I' am definitely at 90% right now.”

ablawn April 9, 2020

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: “My dr had me do a genetic test to see how my DNA reacted and broke down medication. Genomind was the test used My DR was able to see my body doesn't respond to SSRI'S. My DNA synced with Pristiq. 1st day, I felt more uplifted. I do suffer with insomnia. 2nd morning, I woke up feeling refreshed. Smiling. BEST PART! I STAYED ON TASK! I have a hard time with that. After taking pristiq, I have motivation and not scatter brained. My thoughts are in place. I wake up less stressed now bc stuff is actually being done. Day 3, I was able to conquer a HUGE landscaping task that took me 6.5 hours to do. I felt healthy and my old self. I didn't feel tired. It was a huge difference. I felt good. So good I wanted to exercise. Who wants to exercise? It feels like that missing spark in my brain was reconnected and now I can function properly. I'm a little quick tempered, it's helped me w that too! Overall, this medicine has been a God send.”

Bob · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 1, 2020

For Anxiety: “I felt the need to provide my experience here after reading so many other comments. This drug b has quite honestly saved my life. Anxiety, nervousness, control issues, and related anger issues would rule my behavior and was taking a major toll on my family. I've been this drug for many years now and it turned everything around for me completely. I'm able to live a somewhat normal and happy life specifically because of this medication. I know everyone's situation is different, but taking this medication was one of the best decisions of my life, and I have no problem continuing to take it for the rest of my life.”

Anxiouschick · Taken for less than 1 month March 29, 2020

For Anxiety: “I have decided to come off this medication desvenlafaxine after 10 days of nightmarish living. I haven't had panic attacks in over 10 years and yet on this medication I have had 3 in the last 10 days. If anything this medication has made me realise that my symptoms are probably really mild and that I don't need medication. My partner came home one night and literally thought I was on drugs because of how wired I was from this medication.”

Liv March 25, 2020

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine): “My doctor prescribed this Pristiq to me to treat anxiety and occasional panic attacks. I had been previously on Buspar. I took Pristiq one time, ONE pill, 50mg and felt fantastic that day. 12 hours later I started crashing. The next day and for 48 hours following, I was having the worst anxiety of my life. I could not even work nor eat. I believe that I was almost on a high of serotonin and then the following days I had none left. I have never experimented with drugs, but I feel like this was similar to a drug withdraw. I would suggest not letting a doctor give this to you to treat anxiety. I am now on 10mg Lexapro with 30mg Buspar.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 21, 2020

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: “One of the worst experiences of my life. This drug should not be legal. Horrible side effects and did not treat my depression in anyway. Getting off of this drug was one of the worst pains I have ever felt. I was bedridden for almost a week due to extreme nausea, brain zaps, flu like symptoms, and horrible irritation. I was on it for 10 months at 100mg. If the antidepressant does not work 4-6 weeks please get off of it! It will be a lot easier with the discontinuation. Be prepared to take time off from work and have someone that can help you since the withdrawal was debilitating. I know with depression we just want something desperately to help us feel better, but Pristiq is not it. My psychiatrist did not help me get off of it until the whole left side of brain started to hurt. I believe it is not legal in Europe and should not be here either!”

JVHP · Taken for less than 1 month March 15, 2020

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: “I was MUCH more happier, energetic and optimistic before taking Pristiq. Sorry, did not worked for me.”

Billy · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 10, 2020

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: “Pristiq 50 mg is the ONLY medication which has worked for my depression. Good sleep Good appetite Upbeat, consistently good mood. I have tried everything else and nothing Worked OR I had bad experiences. This is my fifth year on Pristiq. If you’re without hope, ask your doctor. It’s been a lifesaver for me.”

Bob_FL · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 4, 2020

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: “Over the last 25 years, I was on 20mg prozac for 7 years - stopped working; 20 mg. lexapro for 8 years - stopped working - and 50 mg. Pristiq for 10 years - just stopped working. Now, I'm on Trintellix 20mg. which I like better than the others. Tapering off Pristiq wasn't too bad. My Dr. prescribed the 25mg. tabs which helped to lower the dosage. After 3 weeks - finally off Pristiq! Meanwhile, I was building-up Trintellix from 5 - 10 - 15 - 20 mg. The best results are at 20mg. Also, Trintellix is not just an SSRI. It hits the other receptors that are targeted by SSNI's and Bupropion (dopamine). So, I was able to stop taking Wellbutrin as well after 25 years. Cost is $295 per month - but, worth it. Also, there's no time release (SR or XL) with Trintellex - so, this eliminates the release differences between generic and brand. This is just my experience as a veteran of anti-depressants.”

Vick · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 4, 2020

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder: “I have been taking this medication for a few years now. I am lowering my dosage and I am scared to get off of it. It has helped me so much, in my work place, dealing with emotions and daily chores. I do not want to be stuck on medication forever but I know this works for me. I rarely take any other medication such as Dayquil or Pain meds. I do not drink or do drugs. I do have a hard time when I miss my medication. I take it every morning so if I miss a morning I don't take one till the next day. If I miss more than a day I do have side affects such as dizziness, emotional, eating disorder. I was never a person to do something daily but I was desperate to get better. I have reached a level of steadiness with my medication and I am learning new coping skills to wing off of my medication. I suggest you try it.”

Marcos · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 26, 2020

For Depression: “Headaches everyday with zero therapeutic benefit. Worst withdrawal symptoms I ever had on an antidepressant. Given the poor scientific evidence of Desvenlafaxine, I think it should have been withdrawn from the market. But laboratories keep pushing these drugs to psychiatrists, and in turn they keep pushing these on us!”

Johney · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 23, 2020

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) for Depression: “I found this drug to be extremely helpful. I haven't felt this good in years. I started with 25mg and it took approximately 4 weeks to start noticing the benefits. My therapist recommended I take the medication after having a serious panic attack that left me anxious and worried for my own personal safety. Never been that low before. Now about 5 weeks in, I'm feeling great and we decided to up my dosage to 50mg. I've had zero side effects as of yet. My advice to anyone on here who's curious about the drug to give it a try. And give the medicine time. It takes time to fully take effect. Like I said, it was weeks on end for me. Felt like an eternity. I'm more optimistic, motivated to accomplish goals, less anxiety, etc. Medications are like shoes; not every shoe is well suited for every single person on Earth. The same could be said with regard to medication. Take care all. Feel better.”