User Reviews for Desvenlafaxine

Also known as: Khedezla, Pristiq

Learn more about Desvenlafaxine.

Desvenlafaxine Rating Summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 16 medications used in the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Reviews for Desvenlafaxine to treat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

"I am in my late 30s and have family members with manic bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. I had struggled with anxiety and feelings of sensory overload often but not major depressive disorder. However, after moving to a foriegn country, I found myself suffering from constant nightmares that were extremely vivid and awful. I sought counselling to cope with leaving behind my friends and family. Pristiq has reduced my heightened sensitivity to sounds, any irrational fears, and made nightmares mild. Both my GP and counsellor thought Pristq was a good fit. I am happy that 2 years later, it still works well with no negative side effects (had some drowsiness at first). But if I miss more than 1 dose, my symptoms do return, so I'm afraid to go off it"

AnicaB (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have never reviewed a medicine before. I've suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for almost 7 years now. I'm very sensitive to medicine and I've tried Lexapro, Wellbutrin, celexa, and one more that I can't remember. I've also had to use klonopin as a back up. I hate taking medicine because it always makes me feel weird and that exacerbates my anxiety. It's been 4 weeks and this has been amazing! I don't feel weird or unlike myself, I haven't had to take emergency klonopin once, I was just promoted and have had the most stressful 7 weeks of work I've ever experienced and I feel great! Amazing medicine, I'm glad I gave it one last shot with this. Life changing."

PoodleLady November 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had PTSD for many years, tried zoloft 200mg, seroquel 700mg, lexam 20mg and now pristiq 200mg. It is working although I lack motivation, but it is slowly returning. I can state categorically that pristiq does not mix with alcohol. If you take meds that affect the brain so deeply, alcohol will screw up the process for days. I wish you all wellness on your journey to betterment. Be kind to yourself, accept help and take care."

Huon (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on many medications for over 20 years. Name it, I've probably been on it. Pristiq is expensive and takes a chunk out of my budget. No shopping, mani/pedis etc. I pay for the non generic name brand and have my life back. I was sucidal less than two months ago after the death of my nephew. This medicine is worth every dollar."

Sunshine Ali (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine): "The first couple of weeks of Pristiq were rough. The usual side effects, nausea, dry mouth, drowsiness. In the second week a lot of rage erupted, and I had another post traumatic stress disorder flashback. But I persisted throughout all of this, and the rewards are finally here. It's now the end of the third week, and I am feeling energetic, focused and optimistic. Creative ideas seem to flow easier, and I am out there in the world again, taking photos and hiking. This antidepressant is certainly working a lot better than Prozac did, and better than I remember Effexor being. Worth a shot."

kollontai (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine): "I had to write a review on this one. I have tried everything possible in the past and nothing has worked this well for me but this med. I was suffering some horrible symptoms of ptsd and it completely was dibilitating to my life, career, social life, and even started to effect my health. I had gone through a rough phase with extraordinary life circumstances as well as serious difficulty coming to terms and adjusting with drastic changes and past trauma haunting me daily, even waking up from dreams with full blown panic attacks. I feel balanced out on this med, my functioning has been restored, so relaxed and calm, able to sleep at night, no more panic, and increased resiliance to stress, please give this a try if you suffer from ptsd......"

Anonymous January 27, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine): "I have been taking Pristiq for over a year now. Works well. My post traumatic stress disorder comes from years of depression, heavy meth and LSD use (in conjunction with each other). It has stopped the day-mares and other things that prevent one from work."

Anonymous December 11, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine): "I just started on Pristiq yesterday, and it's good to read these remarks. I am a 29 year old male diagnosed with PTSD and clincal depression. The last 2 years especially have been hell. The real hell.. and I want to be out. Reading these reviews gives me hope."

Anonymous November 10, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine): "I was taking an old medicine ENDEP which made me feel very dull. My doctor has prescribed me Pristiq which I have been taking for four weeks and have felt no considerable improvements. "

anon ausm March 31, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine): "I recently tried this medicine and I finally feel better, I will say I have only tried one other and it did nothing for me I am glad that I am not the only one who thinks it helps!"

helped March 14, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine): "I would like to thank everyone for leaving their comments on here. It is so helpful for everyone to stick together and help one another. Depression, anxiety, etc. is so hard to deal with and it is so comforting to know that you are not alone. I have tried Zoloft, which gave me such insanely scary nightmares that I was afraid to go to sleep. Effexor worked great for a while and then seemed to burn out. I tried countless other medicines over the years with no luck. I was on Pristiq for a few weeks and thought it was going to be yet another disappointment, then boom! I started feeling great. Also to my husband's delight, I have a pumped up sex drive, woo hoo! I didn't expect that one! I am so hoping this isn't too good to be true."

Sweetseren80 September 28, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine): "I have always avoided antidepressants because the times I have tried them the side effects have outweighed the benefits. I swore I would never take them again. However several months back I had an incident at work and almost died. I was having anxiety and depression because of this and my doctor prescribed Pristiq. At first it was terrible. I felt dizzy, weak, sick, and had severe sexual side effects. I was more frustrated than before, but made myself keep taking them. After four to five weeks though, I felt a huge change. The side effects went away and I felt better than I ever remember feeling before. I don't get angry anymore and I don't take things as serious. And now sex feels better than it ever has. Give it a chance and give it time."

DiverDown April 3, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine): "I'm glad I found this forum. I've been taking Pristiq for about 3 weeks. My depression is due to post traumatic stress from an abusive marriage and it has helped take the 'bite' out of the stress. Not a miracle drug but after reading the other comments I think I'll stay on the 50 mg instead of trying a higher dose."

Anonymous February 3, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine): "Pristiq is "the one" for me. It's the refined version of Effexor and it has almost completely relieved my PTSD symptoms. Very little side effects, not too much emotional blunting. No flashback to "the event" or panic attacks. And unlike when I took Effexor, I have no unacceptable loss of inhibition. So I'm happy with this one. I take 100mg daily."

Saraleah October 11, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pristiq (desvenlafaxine): "Really has done wonders for me. Have nothing bad to say."

Anonymous May 31, 2009