User Reviews for Invokana

6.1

Summary of Invokana reviews 6.1 243 reviews

Reviews for Invokana

Wd · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 26, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on Invokana for at least 3 years. I love how it relieves you of excess sugar, but it has caused many yeast infections and a UTI. I notice when I take it, it makes me crave sugar more. I need to look into other options."

MsGray · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Where do I start? I have been on Invokamet SR for about 2 months, Diabetes 2. I've developed vaginal discharge, nausea daily, extreme diarrhea daily, itchy skin. Today was the final straw. It irritated my stomach so bad, I didn't make it to the restroom. I have no social life while taking these pills. I don't even care about the weight loss."

ms_pinck · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 27, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Within 6 months of starting Invokana my husband almost died from taking this drug. He was hospitalized with a sugar level of 833 and a ketoacidosis diagnosis. 6 days later he had the first of 5 operations for genital gangrene. His urological surgeon said he had only a 30% chance to survive. After 111 days in the hospital he needed home health care for 5 more months. He now is in 3rd stage kidney failure when there was no kidney disease before the Invokana. It will take at least 10 to 15 years to pay the medical bills that insurance did not pay. Every SGLT2 inhibitor, like Invokana, could do this to you! DO NOT TAKE ANY SGLT2 INHIBITOR!!"

MamaBear · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have only been on Invokana for 2 days and I instantly have a major rash from head to toe and my face is swollen. It itches and burns. Not a great pill for me."

LIz · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 26, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have type 2 diabetes. I have been on Invokana for about two years. It has been a godsend for me. Before I was having blood sugars in the low 200s and my A1C at it's highest got up to 9.8. On Invokana (along with glypizide & metformin), my A1C numbers have been in the mid to low 6 range. I have had absolutely no side effects. I have also lost 32 pounds, although I have been on a low-carb diet, which probably contributed to the weight loss also."

K · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Diagnosed type 2 a few weeks ago, prescribed Metformin and Invokana both (low dose) so far so good, have gone from 250-300 to 120-180 in a short time, no weight loss yet, but lost about 18lbs in less than 2 months before visit to Dr. could definitely lose more! Hope you all find what works best!"

Ang February 26, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "So was diagnosed in 2015 with type 2. My sugar levels were constantly running 285-380. Even after fasting. Was taking metformin but not as I should. Blood glucose was still up there. Started on Victoza and it came down from 12 to 10 within a few months. Progression but not pleased. My doctor started me on Invokana about 3 days ago. Went to him today because I was a little fatigued and I drive for a living. Tested my sugar and it was 163. I've not seen a blood test result like that in years. Also lost 2 lbs. After reading all the negative reviews I was so hesitant about trying this drug. Other than dry mouth and being nauseous here and there I can say thus far I'm pleased with the medication. I'm excited to see what it does for me months from now."

Polly · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 14, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I’ve been taking Invokana for 4 or 5 years and love it. I eat normally, lost 9 pounds (which stayed off) and kept my A1c in the mid to low 6’s. My only problem was recurring genital yeast infections. This problem was forever solved by installing a toilet seat bidet. ($650, Brundell). The Brundell has worked faithfully for around 3 years, and frankly I hate to leave home! Just kidding."

Holly W. January 10, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 ""I have been on 100mg Invokana for a few years now. When I started taking it I experienced a small weight loss and it appeared to lowered my A1C. One month in I stopped having periods, experienced occasional yeast infections and vaginal itching. Over the years the side effects have grown more intense and frequent. It's miserable! Within the last two weeks I have started having discomfort and a burning feeling in my right foot. I contacted my doctor's office to inquire how to ween myself off this medication, but I was told I needed to make an appointment to 'discuss my options'. I've had enough of the side effects! I am taking myself off this medication whether my PCP agrees or not. Considering my experience with side effects, reading other reviews from users, I will not be taking it again.""

Luc Faubert · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 2, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been on imvokana for the last 2 years whent from A1C 15.5 down to 7.2 worked fine but recently my A1C shot up to high 15s So now on insulin and invokana was told to stop invokana for 1 month to see if insulin is working better. 1 pill gone now to see if Invokana is worth it"

backpainohoh · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 23, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "it doesn't seem to lower my sugar. I take this drug one day on then one day off. I use this as I suspected metaform caused my chronic back pain after taking it for a year. Day on: I notice my sugar level drop by only 2mcu.. 6.6 before meal in morning 7-8 after meal....usually 9.9 after 2 hour dinner. Noticable back pain increase, lately seem heighten my tinnitus a lot. I hear a weeee sound louder than usual. So loud that I can hear it during conversation and loud music. Day off: sugar level morning is 6-7 mcu after meal 9. dinner is 7-9 mcu after meal 2 hour hit 12-16mcu. less back pain and seem to have lessen tinnitus (less noticeable) I have visual snow that comes with a low tinnitus before, after on this drug, tinnitus significantly increased and whenever I am taking it its loud as anything considering stopping this drug. minor numbness on left feet and thigh."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 13, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was on Invokana for a year and a half. Lost 20lbs bringing me down to my ideal weight. I started to experience extreme vertigo, tinnitus, itchy skin, extreme mood swings and anxiety. My MRI, CAT scan, x rays, blood work everything was normal. My dr took me off it and I am remarkably better. Going for follow up blood work this week. I am currently unmedicated and my blood sugars seems to be running between 5-8."

Tootsie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 26, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I took Invokana. At first it was ok & sugar levels dropped and I lost 5 lbs, but at first I had a coupon and samples. I could not afford the $400 a month and medicare does not cover it. I continued to get samples for several months but then the vaginal itching began. From day 1 I had a terrible itchy rash on my arm. My Dr. sent me to Dermatologist, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist and finally physical therapy thinking it was related to the bank of nerves from back to shoulder etc. (I also have a collapsed vertebrae in that area). Finally I stopped the Invokana & itching stopped, weight came back, sugar levels soared but lo an behold, the rash on my entire left arm & shoulder disappeared and never came back!"

Hammer · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 24, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Made me thirsty more. The neuropathy got worse ,and I lost my sex drive completely after a short time."

Herb August 29, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been on Invokana and Metformin for about 3 weeks. My numbers look great and so far I have no side effects. Have not lost any weight at all."

REDMAN · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My Doctor put me on Invokana . I took two tablets Saturday and Sunday) and ended up in Intensive Care with acute kidney failure on the Tuesday. My A & E Consultant said I was the sickest person in the hospital that night and my family were told I might not make it. Thankfully after 6 hours on dialysis and over a week in ICU I survived. Please be aware of the side effects of this drug !!!!!"

Chestnutter · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "So my doctors put me on Invokana to bring down my sugars as I have always been in the 200 plus morning and night. Well it worked to drop my sugar. But now I am tired, and on edge (nerves) feels like anxiety - something I cannot handle. Though my blood sugar dropped I cannot handle this."

Ame · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "New to Invokana. Started May 16. I'm on 100 mg. I'm on here to read everyones comments and suggestions. Thanks for the info."

Lorie · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 9, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My A1c was slightly high at 5.9 so my doctor gave had me start one pill a day. It did the trick after a year and I have normal reading. While on it I developed numbness in my feet and hands. And itchy vagina but no yeast infections. It was causing me extreme lows at 50 and 60 so my Dr took me off. Now my levels are fine but with no changes in my diet ( I am on a very strict no carbs high protein diet) I gained 15 lbs in a month. Feet still numb and I cannot figure out why I am gaining weight. Wish never was put on it."

Margo · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 5, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been taking Invokana just over a year, and I did experience a couple of yeast infections when I first started my medication, but my system seems to accept it and I have not had any other issue with with it. I guess I'm fortunate that its this medication is working for me."

navymomj · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 26, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Invokana has been an awesome weight loss drug. I have had no issues with yeast infections. However, I have developed horrible vertigo, to the point that the ER that I work in, thought I was having a stroke. I have also suffered with memory loss (not sure if that is the drug or my age). My doctor would not accept that the vertigo was medicine related. The vertigo started 4 days after taking the medication and has continued for the 6 weeks that I have been on Invokana. Finally, my doctor was out of town. and so talked to the doctor on call...who agreed that it was suspicious coincidence and he stated that I needed to stop the Invokana ASAP. I am anxious to see what the next few days will bring."

Michelle · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I just started taking Invokana this week. I snapped at work and was so upset, ridiculously upset. No one has ever seen me like that before (in 7 years). They were all so concerned, and I just kept telling them to leave me alone. I'm never like that. I almost left the building. I'm not waiting around for the yeast infections, kidney problems of worse. Anyone else had a reaction like this?"

Kay · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 18, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Blood glucose actually went up by an average of 9 points while on Invokana and I developed tinnitus in both ears. Also developed a patch of eczema which I've never had before. After about 6 weeks on it and experiencing the tinnitus I have taken my self off of it. Currently with no intervention my blood glucose is down 8 points on average for 12 days. Tinnitus has improved but still there. I still have 2 months supply of this very expensive drug but am hesitant to begin taking it again. Experienced a similar rise in blood glucose with Januvia several years ago."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 17, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I started invokana 2 days ago. The first day I thought ok not bad, but the second day the pain in the chest started for a short time. The vaginal itching started I also had lower back pain in the kidney area. Later the second day my jaw started to hurt and my ear, side of neck and tonsils started to swell. When I woke up the third day I thought I am not taking this anymore. I called and spoke to the pharmacist and they told me to stop taking it. I’m glad I did since I took an antihistamine and the swelling came down to where I could eat without pain. I will never take this drug or any other drug that has these severe side effects. I will not let the doctor convince me into trying it again."

LondonOntario March 16, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been on Invokana 100 mg a day for a year, with other meds that I started taking much earlier (I was diagnosed in 2000), along with 2000 mg Metformin, and some other diabetes meds. I don't take insulin. My blood sugar is low; A1C is 6.4, in two consecutive measurements 3 months apart. My blood pressure is exemplary: 140 / 67 to 144 / 73. Approx. I lost ten lbs on the first six months on Invokana, was rapturously happy. Found a new girlfriend, too. My arthritic pain increased -- I don't know if it's due to Invokana, but I suffer a great deal. Can't climb stairs, and can't go down stairs either. I noticed I need to wash the tip of my penis after each ejaculation, otherwise a painful rash develops. (Comparable to yeast infection in women on Invokana.) Much to my chagrin, I stopped losing weight about half a year ago, and now I am gaining again. I was for a long time on a lot-of-chocolate diet after starting Invokana. Did not make a dent in my readings, but now it shows."