User Reviews for Invokana

Diabetes, Type 2 5.9
Summary of Invokana reviews 5.9 250 reviews

Reviews for Invokana

Lester June 3, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I've been on Invokana for about 6 months now. It helps with my sugars but the vaginal itching is so intense I thought I was going to have a mental breakdown! I've been off it for almost a week now and still the itching won't go away! In fact it's worse. After reading some stories here I now know that it's also probably the reason I've been itchy every where which in turn has caused me to scratch so much and I've got cuts everywhere! Plus I never had had the extreme numbness and pain in my feet till I started using it! Calling the doctor in the morning cause this is all scaring the crap out of me!!!! DON'T USE THIS DRUG!”

Sam February 18, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “My wife almost died from this - do not take invokana. It was a horrible experience, sad, frustrating it makes me feel very angry, she could not walk, was very weak, didn't feel good at all, be careful.”

Kim · Taken for less than 1 month January 26, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I am on invokana 300mg. I been having side effects of extremely severe joint pain.”

gdg · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 10, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Started this medicine Invokana and I was heading to the bathroom all the time. It worked somewhat on A1c . I had several reactions while on it . Eventually this started the effect where you had to go suddenly and you better be near a bathroom . I had too many real close to accident scenarios where I would just barely make it to the bathroom . Not worth it along with other issues I was having with it . I'm not going to wear adult diapers just to take this horrible medicine.”

Bob · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 20, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I was originally on 100 mg Invokana for 8 months. A/1C dropped from 8 to 6.8 I had to stop because of fungus infection around the glads of my penis. (un circumsized) Turns out this is very very common due to excess sugar in the urine. I'm now back on Invokana and A/1C has dropped again and my weight is back to where is was before stopping Invokana. Only change this time is more frequent cleaning around the glans and wiping away excess urine. The fungus was the only side effect I had.”

Pg · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 21, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Started on Invokana three months ago. Noticed slight headache after taking it, increased urination, lowered A1c. Slowly, over a period of time, two months, I noticed increasing fatigue, weakness. Eventually this affected daily activity, I can’t even begin to describe how exhausted I became. Stopped taking the drug and within two days strength and stamina have begun to increase.”

Daphne · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 16, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I used Invokana for years, along with Metformin and Victoza. At first Invokana had me running to the bathroom a lot. I had vaginal yeast infections in the beginning and once later. What was very strange the Invokana just stopped working. I no longer had urges to go to the bathroom. I told my doctor and he told me to stop taking it.”

Ab · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 6, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I have been a type 2 diabetic for 22 years. I started on invokana 150mg bid along with 1000mg metformin bid in 2016. My a1c was stuck around 8.0 and i was dehydrated with very poor skin turger. Inspite of my concerns about dehydration my arnp increased the invokana to 300mg bid. I experienced a 14lb weight loss and a1c dropped from 8.0 to 6.9. I was pleased, however The dehydration got worse and I began to experience peripheral neuropathy in my lower legs that became increasingly painful over the next few months...when my feet turned bluish purple...I stopped taking the invokana. The pain and discoloration subsided after about 3 weeks. I was on the higher dose for approx 9 months.”

Wd · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 26, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I've been on Invokana for at least 3 years. I love how it relieves you of excess sugar, but it has caused many yeast infections and a UTI. I notice when I take it, it makes me crave sugar more. I need to look into other options.”

MsGray · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Where do I start? I have been on Invokamet SR for about 2 months, Diabetes 2. I've developed vaginal discharge, nausea daily, extreme diarrhea daily, itchy skin. Today was the final straw. It irritated my stomach so bad, I didn't make it to the restroom. I have no social life while taking these pills. I don't even care about the weight loss.”

ms_pinck · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 27, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Within 6 months of starting Invokana my husband almost died from taking this drug. He was hospitalized with a sugar level of 833 and a ketoacidosis diagnosis. 6 days later he had the first of 5 operations for genital gangrene. His urological surgeon said he had only a 30% chance to survive. After 111 days in the hospital he needed home health care for 5 more months. He now is in 3rd stage kidney failure when there was no kidney disease before the Invokana. It will take at least 10 to 15 years to pay the medical bills that insurance did not pay. Every SGLT2 inhibitor, like Invokana, could do this to you! DO NOT TAKE ANY SGLT2 INHIBITOR!!”

MamaBear · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I have only been on Invokana for 2 days and I instantly have a major rash from head to toe and my face is swollen. It itches and burns. Not a great pill for me.”

LIz · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 26, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I have type 2 diabetes. I have been on Invokana for about two years. It has been a godsend for me. Before I was having blood sugars in the low 200s and my A1C at it's highest got up to 9.8. On Invokana (along with glypizide & metformin), my A1C numbers have been in the mid to low 6 range. I have had absolutely no side effects. I have also lost 32 pounds, although I have been on a low-carb diet, which probably contributed to the weight loss also.”

K · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Diagnosed type 2 a few weeks ago, prescribed Metformin and Invokana both (low dose) so far so good, have gone from 250-300 to 120-180 in a short time, no weight loss yet, but lost about 18lbs in less than 2 months before visit to Dr. could definitely lose more! Hope you all find what works best!”

Ang February 26, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “So was diagnosed in 2015 with type 2. My sugar levels were constantly running 285-380. Even after fasting. Was taking metformin but not as I should. Blood glucose was still up there. Started on Victoza and it came down from 12 to 10 within a few months. Progression but not pleased. My doctor started me on Invokana about 3 days ago. Went to him today because I was a little fatigued and I drive for a living. Tested my sugar and it was 163. I've not seen a blood test result like that in years. Also lost 2 lbs. After reading all the negative reviews I was so hesitant about trying this drug. Other than dry mouth and being nauseous here and there I can say thus far I'm pleased with the medication. I'm excited to see what it does for me months from now.”

Polly · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 14, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I’ve been taking Invokana for 4 or 5 years and love it. I eat normally, lost 9 pounds (which stayed off) and kept my A1c in the mid to low 6’s. My only problem was recurring genital yeast infections. This problem was forever solved by installing a toilet seat bidet. ($650, Brundell). The Brundell has worked faithfully for around 3 years, and frankly I hate to leave home! Just kidding.”

Holly W. January 10, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “"I have been on 100mg Invokana for a few years now. When I started taking it I experienced a small weight loss and it appeared to lowered my A1C. One month in I stopped having periods, experienced occasional yeast infections and vaginal itching. Over the years the side effects have grown more intense and frequent. It's miserable! Within the last two weeks I have started having discomfort and a burning feeling in my right foot. I contacted my doctor's office to inquire how to ween myself off this medication, but I was told I needed to make an appointment to 'discuss my options'. I've had enough of the side effects! I am taking myself off this medication whether my PCP agrees or not. Considering my experience with side effects, reading other reviews from users, I will not be taking it again."”

Luc Faubert · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 2, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Been on imvokana for the last 2 years whent from A1C 15.5 down to 7.2 worked fine but recently my A1C shot up to high 15s So now on insulin and invokana was told to stop invokana for 1 month to see if insulin is working better. 1 pill gone now to see if Invokana is worth it”

backpainohoh · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 23, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: “it doesn't seem to lower my sugar. I take this drug one day on then one day off. I use this as I suspected metaform caused my chronic back pain after taking it for a year. Day on: I notice my sugar level drop by only 2mcu.. 6.6 before meal in morning 7-8 after meal....usually 9.9 after 2 hour dinner. Noticable back pain increase, lately seem heighten my tinnitus a lot. I hear a weeee sound louder than usual. So loud that I can hear it during conversation and loud music. Day off: sugar level morning is 6-7 mcu after meal 9. dinner is 7-9 mcu after meal 2 hour hit 12-16mcu. less back pain and seem to have lessen tinnitus (less noticeable) I have visual snow that comes with a low tinnitus before, after on this drug, tinnitus significantly increased and whenever I am taking it its loud as anything considering stopping this drug. minor numbness on left feet and thigh.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 13, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I was on Invokana for a year and a half. Lost 20lbs bringing me down to my ideal weight. I started to experience extreme vertigo, tinnitus, itchy skin, extreme mood swings and anxiety. My MRI, CAT scan, x rays, blood work everything was normal. My dr took me off it and I am remarkably better. Going for follow up blood work this week. I am currently unmedicated and my blood sugars seems to be running between 5-8.”

Tootsie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 26, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I took Invokana. At first it was ok & sugar levels dropped and I lost 5 lbs, but at first I had a coupon and samples. I could not afford the $400 a month and medicare does not cover it. I continued to get samples for several months but then the vaginal itching began. From day 1 I had a terrible itchy rash on my arm. My Dr. sent me to Dermatologist, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist and finally physical therapy thinking it was related to the bank of nerves from back to shoulder etc. (I also have a collapsed vertebrae in that area). Finally I stopped the Invokana & itching stopped, weight came back, sugar levels soared but lo an behold, the rash on my entire left arm & shoulder disappeared and never came back!”

Hammer · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 24, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Made me thirsty more. The neuropathy got worse ,and I lost my sex drive completely after a short time.”

Herb August 29, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I have been on Invokana and Metformin for about 3 weeks. My numbers look great and so far I have no side effects. Have not lost any weight at all.”

REDMAN · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: “My Doctor put me on Invokana . I took two tablets Saturday and Sunday) and ended up in Intensive Care with acute kidney failure on the Tuesday. My A & E Consultant said I was the sickest person in the hospital that night and my family were told I might not make it. Thankfully after 6 hours on dialysis and over a week in ICU I survived. Please be aware of the side effects of this drug !!!!!”

Chestnutter · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2018

For Diabetes, Type 2: “So my doctors put me on Invokana to bring down my sugars as I have always been in the 200 plus morning and night. Well it worked to drop my sugar. But now I am tired, and on edge (nerves) feels like anxiety - something I cannot handle. Though my blood sugar dropped I cannot handle this.”