User Reviews for Invokana

Learn more about Invokana.

Invokana Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 159 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Invokana to treat Diabetes, Type 2

"On it for over two years. Sugar from 300 to normal within three months. So far I think it is a miracle drug. Feel good over all and I am able to eat normal foods."

steel one (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 5, 2016

"My blood sugar's were constantly in the 250 to 300 range. I experienced a burning sensation in my stomach and stomach pain and discomfort constantly. I had extreme thirst. My fluid intake doubled I was drinking approximately 1 1/2 to 2 gallons of fluid a day with frequent urination. Finally my stomach discomfort reached such a high level that I had to stop taking the medication. My blood sugar's were still in the upper 200 and lower 300 range as well so I thought thw medicatio was ineffective as well, and as my side effects were no longer tolerable."

Thawyzard (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2016

"I've been on Invokana for year in a half. At first I did lose weight as I've done with other diabetic medications. That lasted maybe a month and than stopped. I didn't see a significant drop in my A1C and have frequent yeast infection. If I can't get to the pharmacy to pick it up and am without it for a couple of days I get relief from the yeast infection. I'm to the point where I am tired of dealing with having the and will most likely ask my doctor to take me off of it."

tracyn22 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 21, 2016

"Been on Invokana for 2 years now and A1c went from 8.8 to 6.5. Weight loss was the best part of taking this medication. Really no side effects except having to pee more often if I eat too much. Was advised by my doctor to drink more water than usual to avoid yeast infection. So far so good. I hope my insurance continues to cover this medicine."

Moke1204 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 1, 2016

"Taking Invokana for at least several years now. Also take metformin and Tradjenta, but the latter is new for me. One thing I noticed almost right away was a "weird" feeling that was kind of like skin sensitivity which could be related to (decreased) circulation. When I told doctor about it, was told very firmly that "that is not something associated with this drug." Now all of a sudden there is new info about increased amputations! Also get the aches, muscle pains and swollen arm pits/arms. I was really wondering about that! Why? No yeast problems, though. Did help as the "final push" to really help normalize sugars, but will now reconsider taking it! Prob. not worth it."

jcpa June 22, 2016

"i've been on Invokana for two years. I never lost weight on it, however, my A1c had finally gone to normal after 20 yrs of being a diabetic. However, I had to stop taking it today after I put two and two together the symptoms I am having. Hair loss; severe muscle and joint pain; severe muscle cramps and contractions of legs at night that I would literally cry and hands cramping and contracting day and night; frequency and urgency to urinate (I unknowingly pee'd in bed several times and pee on myself during the day uncontrollably); brain fog, severe tiredness; constant yeast infection; bladder infections; constant thirst; and eye infections when I never ever had them before. This medication needs to go off the market. Pray for me!"

andrewsgal June 21, 2016

"Within 12 days 100 mg brought my sugar down 40 pts. HOWEVER, it did a number on my blood pressure. I have excellent blood pressure, on the lower end of normal, and this dropped it down to the point I could barely function. Fatigue so bad I had to stop driving after 15 miles because I was falling asleep at the wheel. Going up the 3 flights of stairs to my apt felt like climbing Mt. Everest. Constant dizziness, wooziness, the floor felt like it was moving when I'd bend down. Weird tunnel vision effect like what happens when you know you're gonna faint. It took 2 full days for all those side effects to clear after I quit taking it. I suffered 12 days thinking I'd get used to it but it just kept getting worse. Beware low BP side effects with it"

WeaselMama (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2016

"I have been on.invokana 100 for almost 3 months and.it has reduced A1c levels from.9 to 6.I am slowly reducing dosages of other medicines.will need to see for any side effects of liver kidney etc.so far none."

Sgraja (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2016

"Although this medication did bring my sugars down a bit and my tastings incredible I had to stop taking it because of constant yeast infections. I thought I could toughen it out but after being on it for three months and no sign of the infections going away my doctor took me off of it. I have also notice my hair is so much thinner and falling out. My nails were also brittle and breaking. And make sure you drink plenty of water because it dehydrates you very fast"

Gen1203 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2016

"I started on 100 mg and on day 2 was running to bath room with sudden urgency. After 2 weeks I started experiencing pain in both armpits and upper arms, along with yeast infection. Stopped and waited a week an retried taking. Same symptoms only worse. Not worth it to me."

Initial experience on Invokana (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2016

"This really helped lowe my sugars a lot! For the first time in years my sugars are normal! I lost about 15 lbs too! Had some rough side effects at the beginning (aches, yeast infections from sugar in urine) but they all got better when the sugar levels went down. Also on Janumet which is pretty good too."

Doktorfuture (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 1, 2016

"Drop my sugar levels from more than 300 ml to almost normal levels. Other drugs only lowered a 100 ml. No side effects. It's has been a blessing"

eliammarrero (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2016

"I have been taking this for a month. It has reduced my blood sugar levels and I have no side effects yet. This may prove to be very helpful in managing my diabetes, where no other medicine has worked"

nervous wreck 2 May 14, 2016

"Started taking Invokana 100 mg on 4/19/16. By 4/26/16 I developed the most horrendous yeast infection ever. I was then prescribed fluconazole 100 mg for 10 days. So far have not had any relief from the yeast infection. Brain fog and awful muscle and joint pain have also plagued me after I started taking Invokana. I have since stopped taking it, just not worth the physical pain or the mental disconnect that comes with it."

invokana-not-for-me (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2016

"I took Invokana for about 3 weeks at 100mg, within 2 weeks I had a yeast infection and generally had a ill body feeling, I was jumped up to 200 MG and in approx 2 weeks I had swelling in both arm pits, legs, pains all over my body. I stopped and started this drug 3 x and every time I tried to the same swelling in my arm pits and arms. We had no idea if it was the drug or a underlying health conditions. Due to swelling in the arm pit and pains my doctor screened me for cancer as it runs in the family, all STD'a and meningitis all came back negative. Every time I stopped this medication I felt better. Felt so lathargic and pain in my arms back. Will never take it again. Ever!!!!"

Bob36 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2016

"This is a great medication to bring FBS and A1c down ,if number is all that matters. I started getting frequent yeast infections, Thrush and bladder infections. Polydipsia and polyuria were the other nuisance. Weight loss mainly was from diuresis. While I was on this, I was plagued with severe depression, never heard this anywhere else. Anyway after stopping the med, I am free of depression, life is worth living, my sugars are under control with insulin and diet."

Thankakutty April 28, 2016

"on Invokana for 18 months then had a fall, pain killers gave me SEVERE constipation, I could not stop pain killers as it had been a severe fall so in an attempt to relieve the constipation I stopped taking Invokana, no effect on the constipation but within 2 days my mood lifted enormously so much so that I will no longer take this medication EVER again"

alanhl (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 26, 2016

"Starting taking Invokana 100mg along with my 1000mg Metformin on 4-2-16. By 4-12-16 I had the worst yeast infection I'd ever had. Did the treatment for 3 days, didn't ever really feel regular. Now today I have another yeast infection. In everyone's experience, does this side effect go away after a certain amount of time on the medication, or keep coming back all the time? My doctor's promises of this assisting with weight loss and severe edema in my ankles and feet have not come to fruition either. I am only willing to continue to suffer if I know that this ends after a month or so on the meds."

Cowgirlvjs (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2016

"I take metformin (1000 twice a day) and have been on Invokana 300 for 3.5 months. In the first two months on Invokana, lost 14 lbs and A1C dropped from 10.5 to 7.1. In the last 6 weeks, lost another 8 lbs (now under 200 lbs for the first time in years) and can't wait to see my next A1C! Haven't had any of the serious side effects described by others, no yeast infections. Definitely thirsty and frequent urination but absolutely worth it for the weight loss and the way I'm feeling. My appetite has decreased and my energy level has significantly increased. I swam 11 miles this week! This medication has completely changed my life and I appreciate the 12 months of free medication coupon."

Mols April 22, 2016

"I have been taking Invokana about 2.5 years. The worse thing was a yeast infection but after a while I quit getting them, It helped me to pee good and I lost about 20 lbs, and my A1c was coming down I was satisfied with it and then this year my insurance wouldn't cover it anymore, thanks a lot, so I had to try Farxiga, horrible so now I have to try Jardiance, which surely wont be worse than Farxiga. I would really love to have Invokana back. but the Jardiance dont sound too bad, but i guess I will find out........."

Catwalker (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 22, 2016

"Started taking Invokana a little over a year ago. Started noticing a lot of hair loss then I Googled it and found this site which was helpful. Went to my internist and she Googled it and found the same articles and comments. Took me off it and I switched to Jardiance. Within 3 months I switched back to Invokana. My A1C and daily numbers improved greatly. I've lost 15 pounds. I already exercised and watched my diet. Have been Type II for 12 years which is from my dad's side of the family, we all have it. I've chosen to live with the hair loss which seems to run in cycles. Hard for a gal that had full chemo and has lost all of her hair previously. It looks like this drug will either really work for you or it's not for you at all."

L Parker (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 20, 2016

"I have been on Invokana 300 for two years. I have lost weight, my numbers have decreased. It was covered by my insurance - But now the state is no longer covereing Invokana on my insurance because I work for a government funded (Public School). I would like to continue on Invokana.But according to the pharmacy it will now cost me $1342.00 for a 90 day supply."

Dbbb April 18, 2016

"Took 100 mg of in vocals, great results. Dr. Increased dosage to 300. Blood sugar rose from 100 to 300-450. Within 2 weeks, muscles lost strength, balance was off. Blood sugar remained high. Unable to continue hiking, exercise etc. went off invokana. Started physical therapy to regain muscle strength. 6 months later muscle strength back, blood sugar is between 300-400. Never went back down. I feel horrible. Everything had been fine until invokana dosage increased. I believe it did serious damage to my body."

Wgal April 11, 2016

"I love this medicine been on it for 2 months no side effects... Totally off of insulin and lost 42 lbs with a little change of food intake... Wouldn't change it for anything been diabetic for over 15yrs and nothing has worked for like it is now...."

Laura1977 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2016

"Was on it 2 years. Experienced constant yeast infections, sinusitis and brain fog so bad I couldn't figure my way out of a paper bag. Stopped taking it and the yeast infection and brain fog went away. I am still dealing with sinusitis. Within a week of stopping my legs, arms and hands swelled. Invokana is BAD news."

RustyClover April 4, 2016