User Reviews for Budesonide

Also known as: Uceris, Entocort EC, Pulmicort Flexhaler, Ortikos Pulmicort Respules

Ulcerative Colitis 5.7
Crohn's Disease, Acute 8.7
Summary of Budesonide reviews 6.7 101 reviews

Reviews for Budesonide

Puncy · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 9, 2020

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “I have also had very good results with Budesonide Ec3 Mg for IBS. Went off after 2 months seven months ago, now back using. Wondering if I will ever be able to live normally without it.”

Sheila · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 21, 2020

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “I was put on this drug budesonide 6 weeks ago, cured my diarrhea from inflammatory bowel disease, but has caused easy bruising all over my arms and legs. Started with 3 pills a day, after 6 weeks, went to 2 pills a day for 2 weeks. Now 1 pill a day for the next 2 weeks, experiencing low mood, stomach cramps, figured its withdrawal”

Liv · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2020

For Crohn's Disease: “I’ve been taking 3 capsules of 3MG a day for 5 weeks to help manage my Crohn’s before taking a biological shot. So far I haven’t noticed any difference and it doesn’t seem to be helping. The side effects are starting to get bad. I’m getting dizzy all the time, and have started to get nauseous and even starting throwing up. I get daily headaches too (Calling my doctor soon to get off of it)”

Roxanne June 15, 2020

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: “I have had UC for over 20 years. Been on Remicade, Humira, zeljanz, Asocol, prednisone. You name it I tried it. I am now strictly on Lialda and have been in a flare for about a month. I was prescribed Uceris and the problem I have is, since I have severe urgency it is hard to keep the foam from wanting to come back out. My UC is in the lower colon and I go to bathroom between 10 and 20 times per day. It is very painful to try to hold in the foam. Suggestions?”

Billy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2020

For Crohn's Disease: “I’m currently on 9 mg budesonide daily - for Crohn's disease. 3 3mg capsules in the morning. Doesn’t seem to control the diarrhea issues as well as prednisone did but the side effects are far less and different. Head aches and a tingly pins and needles sensation on my back”

t urkey June 2, 2020

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: “$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$20.00/tab ???????? Why people? Why? ”

Salohan · Taken for less than 1 month May 26, 2020

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “Hello, Anyone experienced nausea, weakness and loss of appetite from Entocort? I have been on this for a week for MC flareup but these side effects along with the abdominal cramps is intolerable. Anyone experienced these effects?”

malcolm · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2020

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: “caused increasingly blurry vision, leading to darkening of vision in one eye and almost complete blindness in that eye. That corrected itself after I got off the budesonide”

Annie · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 10, 2020

For Autoimmune Hepatitis: “I have been on this steroid budesonide for almost 6 months, taking 2 pills a day at 3 mg each. I have issues with red spotted dots under the skin, blurry vision that comes and goes, just started having my hair getting thin, a little swelling in the ankles, easy bruising, puffiness under the eyes, and I want to get off of them. I am gonna get to the bottom of why the REAL reason and cause if liver enzymes issues. A friend of mine had hormone issues, DHEA issues and has hashimoto disease, all of this elevated her liver enzymes. I am planning to have the same tests she had done to see what and if there are any issues with me also.”

Brenda · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2020

For Crohn's Disease: “Budesonide worked so well on my Crohns by day 5 but side effect of the sore throat it gave me was not worth it. Each day after day 5 the sore throat got worse and worse and each day I felt like I had the flu. (I didn't have the flu or COVID -19) . My breath tasted like a dog poop in my mouth. Within a day of going off the Budesonide my sore throat was almost gone, by day 2 it was gone. I tried this twice and both time the same result. It was nice to be symptom free for a few days. For my Crohns issues I'd give this drug an 8”

Mickey · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2020

For Ulcerative Colitis: “2 weeks on budesonide for UC and absolutely no progress. ”

Kazza February 24, 2020

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “Unfortunately I came off this after a week. The side effects were too much. I had anxiety, low mood, stomach cramps.”

SHERLOCK · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 21, 2020

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “I have been on budesonide (for IBD) for 11 weeks including the weaning stage. My reason for using this drug was for incontinent bowel. Second day of use of three 3mg tablets I was no longer experiencing incontinence with the bowel and things were getting back to normal. 10 weeks later after being off of medicine for 5 days...my colon started acting up again. So am about to go on an alternating plan of 2 tablets one day and 1 the next.”

Stephanie · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 8, 2020

For Eosinophilic Esophagitis: “My husband uses budesonide for his nasal polyps and it’s helped him. He can breathe better and even smell a little. My son uses it for his Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE). I have to mix it in syrup to make a slurry. It’s a pain but it seems to be helping. He is starting to eat more and not need formula fed as much (he’s 7). I think it’s helping. We find out for sure in about a month. I’m giving it a 7 because it helps my husband and my kiddo is finally eating again.”

Curious · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 26, 2020

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “I have been on Budesonide for approximately 6 weeks as I have Microscopic Colitis. Last week I forgot to take my dose in the morning and after dinner that evening my diarrhea had returned in full ugly force. It wasn't until my husband asked if I took my med that I realized I had forgotten to take that morning. This was the only time throughout the course that I missed a does. This med has worked wonderfully so far with no side effects, however I am concerned that in two weeks I am scheduled to stop taking it or to ween off that it won't be successful. My understanding is long term steroid use is harmful. Any advice?”

Just me · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 22, 2020

Pulmicort Flexhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Have taken the past few years, it works well and have been mostly stable in conjunction with avoiding triggers. Like that it's not aerosol. I use it right before I brush my teeth so no issues with thrush. Have high copays so basically pay cash, I pharmacy shop for best price and there are usually manufacturers coupons available. Good luck all.”

Sally1289 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 14, 2020

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “Ihave Microscopic colitis and was prescribed 9mg for 30 days, 6mg for 30 days , 3mg for 30 days. I took this for 30 days with no relief, was also taking immodium and cholestrymine, still with no relief. Got prescribed lotolil 2 pills up to 4 times a day, still no relief. so unfortunately it has not worked for me.”

Anonymous November 13, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Started budesonide just yesterday and feeling better already...the irritating cough is gone”

Elina · Taken for 10 years or more August 16, 2019

“I was diagnosed with Cologenous colitis over 10 years ago, I took budesonide the whole time. Then I found myself without insurance. I could not afford and have not taken for 18 months. My problems came back with a vengeance. I had a colonoscopy this month and told it is severe. I just picked up my prescription and am so grateful for relief soon. It is very expensive even with insurance. But I need this to get me back to feeling better.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 8, 2019

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: “I didn’t notice a difference until the 5th week on Uceris. My symptoms finally went away and it looked like I was heading into a remission after a year of an active flare. I finished my 6th week of meds and then stopped the foam (since I was prescribed the foam twice/day for 4 weeks and once/day for 2 wks). After one week off the med, symptoms returned. The dr has me taking it every other day now. My symptoms are gone. We will see if this is another bandaid or if I’m able to get into a healthy remission.”

Heather · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2019

Pulmicort Respules (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Dr started me on this for adult late onset asthma, I was 46 when diagnosed. The first week was good and my breathing improved. then I started to get a burning sensation in my chest. After the 2 week I knew something was not "right", the burning sensation was lasting for 2-6 hours after a treatment and I had the worst swollen sore throat. I stopped treatments and my throat soreness was gone within 4 days. I was switched to a different powder inhaler that then gave me hives. Hate my new disease!”

NWB · Taken for less than 1 month June 2, 2019

For Ulcerative Colitis: “I have been taking Uceris for 3 weeks for my Ulcerative Proctitis. It has not given much relief yet but I see some reviews here that say it took weeks to work for some. I notice no side effects at all so far. I was first given Prednisone and that was working well but my Doctor was worried about problems from long term usage. I was shocked at the price. At pharmacy for a 30 day supply is $1815.00. Thankfully with my health insurance my co-pay is $10.00”

BP · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 20, 2019

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: “Went through months of bloody stools and frequent trips to bathroom with no output. Went to hospital for the 3rd colonoscopy in 5 years to find infection in rectum. They put me on Uceris foam, the first two weeks it didn't lead to much relief but around the end if the third week everything snapped into pace and the Uceris worked and everything seemed to go back to normal. Will see if this is permanent or just a temporary fix”

Paunch · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2019

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: “This drug Uceris may have initially helped but as time went (2nd week or earlier) on it caused so much, cramping, gas, bloating, pain & throwing up each day with my urgent other reasons for trips to the bathroom (and I had to have a bucket on my lap while dealing with the aftermath on both ends being violently ill). To have so much added pain to my already active flare was horrifying. I believe the time release part of the drug is to blame, as I’ve taken busidione in the form of Entocourt prior with decent results. I know it works for some people & that’s great, but others can’t tolerate the time release which was toxic to me.”

Bunnyyyy · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 9, 2019

Pulmicort Turbuhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Pulmicort works well for my asthma. Problem is can cause thrush or just a coating on tongue. So I rinse with water thoroughly immediately after inhaling. Then rinse with biotene. This really helps with coating on tongue.”