User Reviews for Brivaracetam

Seizures
6.8

Summary of Brivaracetam reviews 7.6 8 reviews

Reviews for Brivaracetam

Briviact (brivaracetam) for Epilepsy: "I've been on a number of anti-epileptic medications over the past 15 years. Keppra gave me severe mood swings. Topamax gave me awful brain fog. Depakote didn't control my seizures and gave my son birth defects. My neurologist recently increased my Lamictal dosage because of a seizure event. That on it's own wasn't sufficient so we added Briviact. I haven't noticed any negative side effects. My seizures seem to be controlled. My tremors have completely stopped (which hasn't happened on ANY med in the past). I'm thrilled. I cannot afford this out of pocket. Medical Assistance through the state pays for it after the doctor proves it is necessary."

Patient X (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2019

Briviact (brivaracetam) for Epilepsy: "I hope this helps! I started Briviact on November 5th, 2018 and it has worked very well... Went from 3 or 4 a month to FULLY CONTROLLED! I am going to be seizure free for 100 days this week for the first time ever in 21 years. I have the VNS on the lowest setting and had a TL Resection Brain Surgery (2015) both could not stop the seizures... The medication Briviact is very strong but it's the only things that worked. I also take Trileptal 1200 mg but want to cut down on that med, if possible. r/epilepsy is a great resource if you want more info..."

FloJo (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2019

Briviact (brivaracetam) for Seizures: "I’m on 100 mg 2x’s a day, as well as Topamax 200 3x’s a day. It has worked really well for my seizures, and it also has helped lessen the severity of my migraines. So, I am really happy "

Leigh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 27, 2018

Briviact (brivaracetam) for Seizures: "Taking Briviact for 3, months 50mg twice daily along with 200mg Topiramate. I have got fluid retention on my feet, ankles and small amount on stomach. This isn't a known side effect but I have reported it and let my neurologist know."

Maisie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018

Briviact (brivaracetam) for Seizures: "I was prescribed Briviact (am & pm). This replaced Keppra which caused severe mood issues. I have been on Briviact for 3 months. No notable side effects compared to the numerous anti-seizure medications I have taken the past thirty years. Seems to be working. I may still be having partial seizures but no tonic clonic seizures or complex partial seizures. I take it along with Topiramate (am & pm). I'm quite pleased with the Briviact. I know everyone is different but I hope this information is helpful to anyone considering it. Good luck."

PT (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2018

Briviact (brivaracetam) for Seizures: "Took my first 25 mg Briviact pill yesterday morning. Felt fine. Took another 25 mg last night, without problems. So glad to find a good med, finally! Took it again this morning, and I felt ok. Then about 2.5 hours before time to take it again, it was a completely different story I was nervous, irritable, agitated, want to scream my head off, tense, feeling like the incredible Hulk is going to explode out of my body, want to cry, don't talk to me, don't touch me, don't look at me, don't breathe my direction, eyes darting back and forth, and serious drug withdrawal kind of feeling!!! NO!!! I WILL NOT BE TAKING MY NEXT DOSE!!!"

Tjsnomore (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2017

Briviact (brivaracetam) for Seizures: "Starting taking Briviact 200mg March 26, 2017 had my first seizure June 11th less than 3 months after I started using it, gave it another try and had another seizure Oct 20,2017 4 months 9 days from the last one. It does not work as well as Brand Keppra xr 3000mg to stop seizures. It is easier to take just one pill in the AM and one in the PM but that's about it. Also very expensive and my insurance would only pay for 50% of it. For me it does work well"

Partial Onset Focal (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2017

Briviact (brivaracetam) for Seizures: "Chest pain ,Trembling inside Body ,Dizziness,"

BWFCOK (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2017