User Reviews for Brivaracetam to treat Seizures

Brand names: Briviact

Brivaracetam has an average rating of 5.7 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings for the treatment of Seizures. 47% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 27% reported a negative experience.

Brivaracetam rating summary

5.7/10 average rating

Compare all 85 medications used in the treatment of Seizures.

Reviews for Brivaracetam

PT · Taken for 1 to 6 months · July 20, 2018

Briviact (brivaracetam) "I was prescribed Briviact (am & pm). This replaced Keppra which caused severe mood issues. I have been on Briviact for 3 months. No notable side effects compared to the numerous anti-seizure medications I have taken the past thirty years. Seems to be working. I may still be having partial seizures but no tonic clonic seizures or complex partial seizures. I take it along with Topiramate (am & pm). I'm quite pleased with the Briviact. I know everyone is different but I hope this information is helpful to anyone considering it. Good luck."

Lily · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 4, 2021

Briviact (brivaracetam) "I wish my Dr told me this was a controlled substance. I feel horrible on it and I feel even worse then horrible trying to get off. Tinnitus, depression, anger, irritability, panic attacks, sadness, and now in withdrawal add severe insomnia. I can't wait 2 get off & rest my brain. Keppra worked. This drug is nothing like it for me. And so much harder 2 get off then any other anti- epileptic med I have taken."

Jamesie · April 25, 2020

Briviact (brivaracetam) "I have been taking Briviact and just want to know if anybody else out there as difficulty in opening bowels also suffer with bad bouts of indigestion issues also suffer with bad headaches, my body started coming out in red rashes on hands , face, legs swelling started this medication November 2019"

Tjsnomore · Taken for less than 1 month · October 29, 2017

Briviact (brivaracetam) "Took my first 25 mg Briviact pill yesterday morning. Felt fine. Took another 25 mg last night, without problems. So glad to find a good med, finally! Took it again this morning, and I felt ok. Then about 2.5 hours before time to take it again, it was a completely different story I was nervous, irritable, agitated, want to scream my head off, tense, feeling like the incredible Hulk is going to explode out of my body, want to cry, don't talk to me, don't touch me, don't look at me, don't breathe my direction, eyes darting back and forth, and serious drug withdrawal kind of feeling!!! NO!!! I WILL NOT BE TAKING MY NEXT DOSE!!!"

Who · Taken for less than 1 month · July 13, 2021

Briviact (brivaracetam) "Been taking Briviact 50 MG 2x daily to for over three weeks now with my Topiramate 150 mg 2x daily. I have a TBI from a trucking accident and this works wonders. I normally have 3-8 mini seizures a day. Or non epileptic. Since taking Briviact only one."

Partial Onset Focal · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 24, 2017

Briviact (brivaracetam) "Starting taking Briviact 200mg March 26, 2017 had my first seizure June 11th less than 3 months after I started using it, gave it another try and had another seizure Oct 20,2017 4 months 9 days from the last one. It does not work as well as Brand Keppra xr 3000mg to stop seizures. It is easier to take just one pill in the AM and one in the PM but that's about it. Also very expensive and my insurance would only pay for 50% of it. For me it does work well"

Ifuchi · Taken for 2 to 5 years · May 14, 2022

Briviact (brivaracetam) "I was born with epilepsy and my last grand mal was at 5. I'm 55 now and started having petit mals in my 20s but did not know until diagnosed in my late 40s. Tried every med out there & had allergic reactions to everything I tried. Have a vagal nerve stimulator and have been on briviact for 3 years now. I'm up to 125 mg in the am and 100 mg in the pm. I have no problems on it but I honestly am not totally sure if I'm totally seizure free. But I am very happy that I've had no reactions to it at all. Just keep in mind we are all unique in our chemical make up, so of course what works for me may not work for u. Without briviact or zoloft for depression I feel like I've been given over to a reprobate mind. So far I'm feeling human again and I'm extremely grateful. Just find what works for u and do not settle for something that u feel is not right. I hope this is hopeful for someone."

none · Taken for less than 1 month · August 3, 2019

Briviact (brivaracetam) "My daughter was on Briviact for a short time. It was a nightmare. She moaned and groaned all night long. After that she was too frightened to sleep. She was exhausted and shaky on her feet. The drug was given as an alternative to Keppra. She is now off of both drugs but still suffers occasional episodes of moaning at night."

Dv · Taken for less than 1 month · December 8, 2019

Briviact (brivaracetam) "My son is non-verbal autism with seizure disorder. Started Taking 50 mg twice a day for two weeks , no seizure but he will not get in the car to go to his day program. We are on day three of staying at home. Neurologist wants to try for two more weeks the re-elavuate"

Maisie · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 5, 2018

Briviact (brivaracetam) "Taking Briviact for 3, months 50mg twice daily along with 200mg Topiramate. I have got fluid retention on my feet, ankles and small amount on stomach. This isn't a known side effect but I have reported it and let my neurologist know."

Brian-californi · Taken for 1 to 6 months · February 2, 2022

Briviact (brivaracetam) "I was on 1500 MG of Keppra everyday after a seizure, which happened a year after brain surgery (I was on 500mg after the surgery) to remove a benign tumor. I had major depression and irritability, aggression. I was ok most of the time but I would go into depression if I thought about sad things and things would set me off to the point of shouting and pounding my fists on the counter. I switched to BRIVIACT 100mg twice a day, and it is like night and day. The mood swings and rage issues stopped. I am not sure how it would compare to how I was before being on any meds for this, but compared to Keppra I feel like a normal human again. I am generally a very mellow kind person so its nice to return to my old self. No numbness or panic attacks except another seizure after 2 years when I had missed a dose, plus I had more alcohol than over the holidays AND it turned out I had mild Covid (Had all vaccine doses, but had slight fever), all 3 reduce the meds effectiveness."

Anonymous · July 25, 2021

Briviact (brivaracetam) "I took BRAVITOIN 50 MG in the morning and evening for a week and on the third day I started having difficulty in passing urine and the next day it stopped completely and had to have urine removed from the catheter."

Zombieland · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 11, 2020

"I had a GrandMal seizure March 2020, that completely came out of nowhere. Was originally put on Levetiracetam 2x daily in the 750 mg tablets. Had to be taken off of it due to intense mood swings and intense anxiety. Also didn't help that I was still getting migraines. So I got put on Briviact 50mg 2x daily. I was told that I wouldn't have to worry about it causing anymore mood swings. And here I am 2 & 1/2 months in, and things just feel wrong. I have horrible brain fog, anxiety that's through the roof and irregular bowel movements. I'm having issues with memory, as we as issues with my balance. I usually get help to stand up and end up collapsing back on the ground. Not sure if this is normal, and I've tried communicating with my neurologist but to no avail. I'm sure it works for someone, but unfortunately for me it just incapacitated me further."

Dan · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 9, 2021

"Keppra was working well for me. I would get it at the CVS down the street. I put in a refill request and did it through the mail order Caremark. The version of Keppra I received made me feel slow and made my memory even worse than usual. I told my Neurologist about this and asked for a new prescription so I could get it filled at the regular CVS. He preferred to do a prescription for Briviact. In hindsight I can practically guarantee it was since Briviact it so very expensive it means he gets a much larger kickback for prescribing it. Briviact has made me feel even slower than the mail order Keppra and is also giving me a ‘brain fog’. Supposedly it’s a better version of Keppra, but I severely doubt that’s true. And it also makes me very tired in addition to feeling extra stupid."

Resident · Taken for 1 to 2 years · April 28, 2021

"Unknown for seizures. I would recommend it for cognitive disorder. In short, I'd say it gave me ADD, only a problem on higher doses. My overall cognitive function is back to and above normal before TBI and seizures, even while having unwanted stupor-like side-effects from other epilepsy meds. (google = tested for alzheimer's) upon first starting 50mg my senses, spacial awareness, and long-term memory recall improved. (Taste differences in all food, never noticed before. Sight improved peripheral vision greater distance. Hearing higher pitch sounds more also further objects) @ 100mg side-effects became a problem (increased awareness of all body aches, some heart/lung pain. Hearing was too much, needed a radio just to sleep. Without a steady/random sound, noises as far as 0.25 miles kept me awake) (became more agitated, due to lack of better sleep. Body aches also added to agitation, nothing major but constant awareness of body is a problem. No off switch for level of consciousness)"

BWFCOK · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 16, 2017

Briviact (brivaracetam) "Chest pain ,Trembling inside Body ,Dizziness,"

Leigh · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · November 27, 2018

Briviact (brivaracetam) "I’m on 100 mg 2x’s a day, as well as Topamax 200 3x’s a day. It has worked really well for my seizures, and it also has helped lessen the severity of my migraines. So, I am really happy "