User Reviews for Brivaracetam to treat Seizures

Also known as: Briviact

Brivaracetam has an average rating of 5.2 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of Seizures. 38% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 31% reported a negative effect.

Brivaracetam Rating Summary

5.2/10 average rating

Compare all 85 medications used in the treatment of Seizures.

Reviews for Brivaracetam

Lily · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 4, 2021

Briviact (brivaracetam): “I wish my Dr told me this was a controlled substance. I feel horrible on it and I feel even worse then horrible trying to get off. Tinnitus, depression, anger, irritability, panic attacks, sadness, and now in withdrawal add severe insomnia. I can't wait 2 get off & rest my brain. Keppra worked. This drug is nothing like it for me. And so much harder 2 get off then any other anti- epileptic med I have taken.”

PT · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 20, 2018

Briviact (brivaracetam): “I was prescribed Briviact (am & pm). This replaced Keppra which caused severe mood issues. I have been on Briviact for 3 months. No notable side effects compared to the numerous anti-seizure medications I have taken the past thirty years. Seems to be working. I may still be having partial seizures but no tonic clonic seizures or complex partial seizures. I take it along with Topiramate (am & pm). I'm quite pleased with the Briviact. I know everyone is different but I hope this information is helpful to anyone considering it. Good luck.”

Jamesie April 25, 2020

Briviact (brivaracetam): “I have been taking Briviact and just want to know if anybody else out there as difficulty in opening bowels also suffer with bad bouts of indigestion issues also suffer with bad headaches, my body started coming out in red rashes on hands , face, legs swelling started this medication November 2019”

Who · Taken for less than 1 month July 13, 2021

Briviact (brivaracetam): “Been taking Briviact 50 MG 2x daily to for over three weeks now with my Topiramate 150 mg 2x daily. I have a TBI from a trucking accident and this works wonders. I normally have 3-8 mini seizures a day. Or non epileptic. Since taking Briviact only one.”

Tjsnomore · Taken for less than 1 month October 29, 2017

Briviact (brivaracetam): “Took my first 25 mg Briviact pill yesterday morning. Felt fine. Took another 25 mg last night, without problems. So glad to find a good med, finally! Took it again this morning, and I felt ok. Then about 2.5 hours before time to take it again, it was a completely different story I was nervous, irritable, agitated, want to scream my head off, tense, feeling like the incredible Hulk is going to explode out of my body, want to cry, don't talk to me, don't touch me, don't look at me, don't breathe my direction, eyes darting back and forth, and serious drug withdrawal kind of feeling!!! NO!!! I WILL NOT BE TAKING MY NEXT DOSE!!!”

Partial Onset Focal · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 24, 2017

Briviact (brivaracetam): “Starting taking Briviact 200mg March 26, 2017 had my first seizure June 11th less than 3 months after I started using it, gave it another try and had another seizure Oct 20,2017 4 months 9 days from the last one. It does not work as well as Brand Keppra xr 3000mg to stop seizures. It is easier to take just one pill in the AM and one in the PM but that's about it. Also very expensive and my insurance would only pay for 50% of it. For me it does work well”

none · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2019

Briviact (brivaracetam): “My daughter was on Briviact for a short time. It was a nightmare. She moaned and groaned all night long. After that she was too frightened to sleep. She was exhausted and shaky on her feet. The drug was given as an alternative to Keppra. She is now off of both drugs but still suffers occasional episodes of moaning at night.”

Maisie · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 5, 2018

Briviact (brivaracetam): “Taking Briviact for 3, months 50mg twice daily along with 200mg Topiramate. I have got fluid retention on my feet, ankles and small amount on stomach. This isn't a known side effect but I have reported it and let my neurologist know.”

Zombieland · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2020

“I had a GrandMal seizure March 2020, that completely came out of nowhere. Was originally put on Levetiracetam 2x daily in the 750 mg tablets. Had to be taken off of it due to intense mood swings and intense anxiety. Also didn't help that I was still getting migraines. So I got put on Briviact 50mg 2x daily. I was told that I wouldn't have to worry about it causing anymore mood swings. And here I am 2 & 1/2 months in, and things just feel wrong. I have horrible brain fog, anxiety that's through the roof and irregular bowel movements. I'm having issues with memory, as we as issues with my balance. I usually get help to stand up and end up collapsing back on the ground. Not sure if this is normal, and I've tried communicating with my neurologist but to no avail. I'm sure it works for someone, but unfortunately for me it just incapacitated me further.”

Dv · Taken for less than 1 month December 8, 2019

Briviact (brivaracetam): “My son is non-verbal autism with seizure disorder. Started Taking 50 mg twice a day for two weeks , no seizure but he will not get in the car to go to his day program. We are on day three of staying at home. Neurologist wants to try for two more weeks the re-elavuate”

Dan · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 9, 2021

“Keppra was working well for me. I would get it at the CVS down the street. I put in a refill request and did it through the mail order Caremark. The version of Keppra I received made me feel slow and made my memory even worse than usual. I told my Neurologist about this and asked for a new prescription so I could get it filled at the regular CVS. He preferred to do a prescription for Briviact. In hindsight I can practically guarantee it was since Briviact it so very expensive it means he gets a much larger kickback for prescribing it. Briviact has made me feel even slower than the mail order Keppra and is also giving me a ‘brain fog’. Supposedly it’s a better version of Keppra, but I severely doubt that’s true. And it also makes me very tired in addition to feeling extra stupid.”

Resident · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 28, 2021

“Unknown for seizures. I would recommend it for cognitive disorder. In short, I'd say it gave me ADD, only a problem on higher doses. My overall cognitive function is back to and above normal before TBI and seizures, even while having unwanted stupor-like side-effects from other epilepsy meds. (google = tested for alzheimer's) upon first starting 50mg my senses, spacial awareness, and long-term memory recall improved. (Taste differences in all food, never noticed before. Sight improved peripheral vision greater distance. Hearing higher pitch sounds more also further objects) @ 100mg side-effects became a problem (increased awareness of all body aches, some heart/lung pain. Hearing was too much, needed a radio just to sleep. Without a steady/random sound, noises as far as 0.25 miles kept me awake) (became more agitated, due to lack of better sleep. Body aches also added to agitation, nothing major but constant awareness of body is a problem. No off switch for level of consciousness)”

Anonymous July 25, 2021

Briviact (brivaracetam): “I took BRAVITOIN 50 MG in the morning and evening for a week and on the third day I started having difficulty in passing urine and the next day it stopped completely and had to have urine removed from the catheter.”

BWFCOK · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2017

Briviact (brivaracetam): “Chest pain ,Trembling inside Body ,Dizziness,”

Leigh · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 27, 2018

Briviact (brivaracetam): “I’m on 100 mg 2x’s a day, as well as Topamax 200 3x’s a day. It has worked really well for my seizures, and it also has helped lessen the severity of my migraines. So, I am really happy ”