User Reviews for Pylera

Helicobacter Pylori Infection
5.8

Summary of Pylera reviews 5.8 146 reviews

Reviews for Pylera

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I am on day 6 and let me tell you That med is so nasty that it is the most hated meds in my life. At day 2 started having nausea, dark stool, headache and just sometimes, uncomfortable feeling, and dark urine started at day 4. I wish I never went to the doctor or got this meds. I hope it works because I would be annoyed after all that suffering it must give me relief. I avoided everything they said to avoid and the side effects still didn't go away, hope that is helpful"

Sameh (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2019

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I am on day 6 of the treatment and I have never felt so awful in my entire life. I am very nauseous all the time, my mouth is dry, I have no appetite but I force myself to eat, to combat this feeling. Urine is very dark amber color, warm sensation in my knees (like standing in front of heater), tired all the time, could barely get out of bed after sleeping over 10 hours. I am ready to quit. I feel like h pylori better than having to deal with the side effects. I am dizzy, can't focus, and when I walk I feel very wobbly - was very hard to drive to work, but I have no other option."

Pauline (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "My Pylera experience: 12 antibiotics daily was surprisingly easy, No side effects, just black stools. The only disappointment was that it didn't get rid of the h pylori, so I'm once again on tetracycline & Flagyl+pantaprazole. The Pylera was like taking nothing compared to this. And btw,I 'm still h-pylori positive."

Angie November 14, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I'm on day 7. I've been eating a strict diet of no-sugar, no-wheat, no-dairy, no-red meat. Basically, everything that takes digestive robustness or helps bad bacteria. I take the Pylera with a half sized meal and eat the other portion of the meal a couple of hours later with either a probiotic supplement or a healthy scoop of live (not pasturized) sauerkraut. I've been drinking lots of water by sipping it all day and I force myself to hit the elliptical for 20 min every other day. My poop was dark and like the consistency of wet clay on day two. Day three was a LOT of green loose stool. Now, I'm pooping every other day and it smells like fresh grass! I get tired just past lunch and I have a pretty steady headache from about 10AM on. Still better than dealing with this infection. Excited to rebuild my gut after and see how I feel without H. Pylori."

Frank (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I finished my treatment 6 months ago. It was difficult, every day I was waiting to go emergency, I drunk a lot of water and ate simple food boiled chicken, potatoes, carrots, broccoli fish, maybe it helped 2 months after they checked me and didn’t find. But all 6 months I couldn’t eat how I want I had the same problem with digestion. now after 6 months I am disappoint ed as this bacteria came back to me..."

Zoia November 9, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I'm on day 8 of pylera for h pylori first 6 days were fine a little nausea on day 7. I had this cold feeling go up my legs I was extremely shaky and thought I was going to pass out. I ate and drank water and felt a little better. Day 8 I'm extremely tired literally never felt this tired in my life and I've been nauseous throughout the day. I CANNOT wait for this to be over...."

C October 31, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I must be one of the lucky ones. I had few side-effects. Loose black stool and slight dizziness, a little disoriented and a bit fatigued - trouble focusing. I followed the advice here: kept my stomach full, avoided calcium two hours before and two after (so there is a short window a couple of times a day that got named "puddin' time"). Overall I am healthy for my 67 years so maybe that helps. I just finished over the weekend so I can't comment on it's effectiveness."

photoTed (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I am 22 years old. I’ve been suffering from helicobacter pylori since 2 years with severe nausea gastritis and bloating. I’ve already taken 2 courses of antibiotics and the bacteria was still resistant. So I decided to not to go to the GI just because I was afraid that the doctor prescribe me pylera that causes side effects and so I had been just treating the symptoms. Today I finished my 10 days treatment. For all those who are reading my review don’t be anxious it is not that bad at all. Just make sure that you eat before you take the pills. You may have stomach pain - it will go away after taking omeprazole and you may have nausea but it can be fixed with what my doctor prescribed me a medication for nausea ( no more nausea after I take it specially that I’ve been suffering from nausea since 2 years). The only thing that really made me feel uncomfortable is the bad smell of stool. In general pylera treatment is not bad at all just don’t be dramatic. I hope that I got rid of helicobacteria cause it really hurts and and it increases the risk of stomach cancer."

Ghida October 9, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I know so many people have posted about how terrible the medication is. I had a hard time the first 5 days and almost stopped it. I finally figured out the secret to getting through it. Drink tons of water and eat food between each capsule. It might take 10-15 minutes to take the dose but it makes a huge difference. I still did get the black stools which were gross but now they are back to normal. Since finishing the 10 days a week ago, I am feeling great, no pain, and so glad I got through it. Now I'm just waiting to go in for the breath test hoping that all is good. My advice to everyone is to stick it out. You can do it!!"

Puff October 3, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I had a positive experience with Pylera. As with any other antibiotic, you MUST eat before taking the medication. Moreover, drink water copiously throughout the day and with your meals. The instructions say 8 ounces: double this! Avoid foods that are high in calcium: calcium prevents the medication from working, making you feel worse. This includes ALL dairy but also many replacements like soy milk etc. Read labels carefully. Unless explicitly told so by your doctor, stop multivitamins/supplements. NO ALCOHOL! Regular intervals will help. Taking the medication right after meals at 7am, noon, 5:30pm, and 10pm worked for me. Regularity is key. I took the full course of Pylera and had minimal side effects. I was rigorous about eating and drinking. I was somewhat tired. But I experienced none of the nausea, headaches, etc that others describe. And I ascribe that to being regimental about intake of food and water, and timing. Please do not be afraid of Pylera."

Emi September 27, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Do Not Take this stuff. I repeat do not take this stuff. Before I took the medicine, I used to get epigastric pain may be be once month. I finished the treatment. No issues for the first 8 days or so. But on the 10th day, my tongue became white due to the medicine killing all the bacteria. But after a couple of weeks the tongue is ok. But here is the real issue. Now I have epigastric pain almost continuously although I finished my medication a month ago. Constant bloating and belching. Also I am taking two pantaprazole tablets. Otherwise, the heartburn is horrible. But this makes you feel that the food is not getting digested. So it’s a horrible mess. I am much worse off than before. I don’t know when nightmare will end. I am sure the doctor is getting kickback for prescribing this poison. My PHP was upset I took this poison. He was sure I didn’t need this. "

Jay (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "So I am currently on Pylera for Pylori. This is Day 8 & I can honestly say this is the worst, the first 5-6 days was fine! I was upbeat then day 7 I started feeling pregnant. I can smell everything I can’t eat anything at all! I have no appetite. I throw up every morning, the nasty metal taste in my mouth, so tired & feel like I never get any sleep. I don’t know what to do since I have to take the medication after meals and I can’t eat & I can’t miss a dose. I have to force myself to eat but the nausea is horrible. I have mood swings, fast heart rate.... BASICALLY FEEL LIKE I AM DYING SLOWLY. but I have to stick this through If I want to recover."

HealthyGoHealthy September 8, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Right now I'm on my 7th day of taking this horrible drug. I have never felt so awful as I do with the side effects that I got from pylera. I had fever. I had pain in my neck, hands, legs, butt, head, back, liver, and I vomited. Today, I woke up feeling as if I was in Antarctica. I also felt very dizzy along with some nausea. I couldn't get out of bed because my legs were refusing to stand. I'm also seeing very blurry visions. I don't feel like my normal self since I'm always active. I kept crying all the time from pain. I hope I never get to have this medicine again. Btw this is my second time taking pylera since I took it in 2016. Please pray for me "

Fadia Hobeika (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I'm just finishing my 10 day protocol and I am hoping that I never, ever have to take this poison again. Yes... I felt like I was being poisoned with some toxic combo pill-pack. It was horrible. I just knew the "ends justified the means" so I pushed through. The side effects I experienced were extreme fatigue, headaches/migraines, dark stools, phlegm, blurry vision, body aches, heart palpitations with cough (which I had to got o ER for because I almost passed out), neck pain, weird taste in mouth, loss of appetite, nausea, and stomach cramping. It's a good thing I don't work or else I probably would've been fired. I was literally in bed almost the entire time. So, no... uh uhh... not taking this stuff again."

T. (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I’ve had stomach pains off and on for a few years. Just recently I went to a new gastro which ran some tests that included blood work and stool sample along with a abdominal ultrasound. Everything came back fine except I tested positive for H pylori. I was prescribed 10 day pylera along with omeprazole. Besides having dark stool it was going smooth for the first couple of days but on day 6 is when all hell started braking loose. I began having sharp abdominal pains, dizziness, nausea and I was very tired. The only thing that helped was eating, as soon as I ate my pains and symptoms went away temporarily. Two and a half more days to go and I’m done. Hopefully I won’t have to go through this again."

Edm August 7, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I have been taking pylera for 3 days today I am not taking it anymore. The side effects are horrible I know the medicine is suppose to get rid of the H. Pylori but if I already feel bad throughout the day why would I want to take something that makes me feel worse. Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, black stools!!"

Dread (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "just started taking pylera today 7/6 hopefully I will go through without any side effects."

oak July 6, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I am 28 and going to lap band procedure next month. I was tested positive for HPylori so I was prescribed Pylera and was terrified reading all the reviews. I am now on day 4 and I have to say I have none of the side effects I have read about on forums. I can say the only thing I have experienced is the metal taste in my mouth/dry mouth and slight acid reflux which is tolerable. My stool is fairly normal (just a bit darker), no headaches, no nausea ..etc. I still follow the nutritionists orders, take my protein shakes in the morning with it but have cut out my vitamins until I finish this medication. FYI: You will still pay a large amount for this med, even with insurance. I fortunately have a really good insurance holder (Oxford) and still had to come out of pocket $100 for these pills."

Nikki422013 June 22, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Last day on Pylera and I am happy for this to be over. Overall, not bad at all. Diarrhea the first few days followed by odd smelling black bowel movements 3 times a day, everyday. Weird taste in my mouth off and on. Today, I will say I am exhausted. I work a physically demanding job outdoors and of course the heat was high all week but I was able to push through it...not bad at all, honestly."

Earbuds (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "My experience with Pylera was bad. I took it for 10 days and I had all side effects, the worst was 8 day when I had tremor all night because I took pills at bedtime without any food, so I decided eat with it as it is very important. After 10 days when already finished my treatment I still have abdominal pain and understand l should take still omeprazole and see my doctor again because I can eat just baked pumpkin - only this one product doesn’t give me pain. By the way I started my treatment when I was in good condition I didn’t have any pain. Just 2 month earlier my doctor checked me as I had occasionally acid at stomach and he found H pylori. He gave me pills and said to do treatment when I when I can. I am a little upset because now I feel worse when before, hope it temporarily..."

Zoia (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Hi I am 34 and never had vision problems until taking Pylera for about 8 days. Please don't take this medication because it is causing me to go blind in both eyes. Now my vision is very blurry I can't see anything with clarity. At first I thought it was a temporary side effect until each and every day my vision got worse now it's even worse from then..I can't deal being with out my vision"

Phil hines May 12, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I can honestly say I was scared to start my regimen of Pylera and Omeprazole since I’m very sensitive to medication. The only side effects I had was dark stool, metallic taste and dizziness. I started out every morning taking Ginger capsules for the dizziness and probiotics for my gut, I also ate before each dose of Pylera and drank plenty of water. It was a little intimidating to see the box of antibiotics before I started, but I did it!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I'm on day 5 of pylera. I had dark loose stools for the first 2 days and a nasty headache the 3rd. All that is gone now I'm just extremely tired! Been napping 2 hrs a day and I couldn't stay awake to take my last dose so I had to wake up and take it. I've been taking a strong probiotic with it and drinking 4-5 cups of tea a day (green, black, peppermint, ginger) Staying away from gluten too. Good luck everyone! I've had this infection since 2008. Was on other meds then but I guess I've had it and it never went away. I was deathly sick for a month dropped under 100lbs and 6 emergency visits all because of this nasty infection. praying this finally makes it go away!"

Biff (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I just finished my 10 day treatment last Thursday 4/12/18. I was very skeptical after reading all the bad reviews on this medication but I do have to say that for me the only side effect I had was a headache from the day I started until the day after I stopped, other than that nothing. I have a high tolerance to meds so I hope this works for me so I can go ahead with surgery. I go back the 3rd week of May for my breath test."

Jazzy (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "After day 7 my shoulder and leg joints hurt. I can handle bad taste but this exhaustion is bad. I want to stop taking it - it so frustrated. Calling dr in morning"

Tired (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2018