User Reviews for Pylera

Helicobacter Pylori Infection 94 reviews 61 medications

6.2
Summary of Pylera reviews 94 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Pylera

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Today is Day 1. I'm a nervous wreck after reading all the reviews. Praying I don't get too sick like others. Right now I don't have any symptoms. Memorial Weekend starts Friday and I have many plans."

Liz M. (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I was prescribed pylera 3 pills 4 times a day with omeprazole twice a day. I'm on day 6. First couple of days were a little tough but not too bad. Comments made me so scared but I'm glad I didn't get the bad symptoms. Day 6 was my best day I even ate a meal and didn't have stomach pain for the first time in years! Hope it works. Good luck to all."

Eddieka May 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I just wanted to share some positivity on this site. Most of the reviews are scary and disheartening. I will say pylera is rough. It made me feel worse for a few days, especially around days 5-10. I never was nauseous really, no vomiting, but I was completely beat. It's a rough medication. Get tons of sleep, rest as much as possible, and drink TONS of water. Eat enough with the doses, too. I haven't had any symptoms at all in 3 days, which is the first time in a year that I can say that!!!! Fingers crossed it sticks. Also AVOID EMOTIONAL STRESS. Plays a HUGE factor in your well being and recovery."

Km229 (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "40years young female. I consider myself average slightly overweight but generally healthy woman who exercises 3 days a week. Before starting with Pylera and creon, I read all these reviews about H Pylori bacteria. On meds now 8th day. Side effects terrible day 1-2, vomiting​, uncomfortable ​uneasy. Felt everything was dirty cleaned entire house and laundry. Day 2-4 Loss of appetite, extreme​ bloat sleepless nights. Terribly tired everything Smells​. Mood swings heart palpitations. stools, dark urine, upset/pain stomach/intestine, bloated, headache, dizziness, weakness. I always had healthy meals jello and yoghurt. I still feel somehow weak, but nothing compared to 1-5. Still can't sleep and copper taste is worse but I have intestinal pain."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I'm in my 8th day taking pylera for HP. Loose stool, headaches, palpitations, chest pain, my life is literally upside down"

Diur May 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "It's only the end of day 2 and and I am DRAINED! During the day I don't have any significant side effects accept for being really tired and a minor headache, at night I get a strong sense of nausea and loss of appetite. It's ONLY DAY 2, good thing I have a doctor appointment in 2 days because an antiemetic is very much needed. Let's hope the next 8 days don't get any worse than what they are."

Reynie (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "First of all I am convinced of that despite of all the negative side effects I am positive of that this is the best way to eliminate the bacteria. I am 22 yrs old, healthy patient who had mild symptoms due to the bacteria. I didn't have negative effects until I hit the day 5-6, they aren't that bad (dark stool, reduced hunger and coppery taste) during the day but after 9 pm they get way worse. The worst for me is the nausea since the headaches are quite mild and the tiredness is not that bad but the nausea is horrible to the point that I had to took an antiemetic. Only 2.5 days to go, good luck to all the people unlucky enough to have side effects!!"

Lynn. (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Day 7, not so bad for me, the reviews really scared me. Slight headaches, metal taste in my mouth. That's about it, hope it works. Good luck."

Had enough1 April 29, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Let me start by saying every bodies experiences are different, but after reading all the reviews I seriously expected the worse. I am now on day 7, first day was ok, 2nd day slight headaches, 3rd day when I went to bed I had a stomach spasm, once I went to the bathroom I was fine, Yes you have headaches but I take advil for them, slightly constipated and the stool is dark, urine was dark, but the worse of it all for me was the nasty taste in my mouth, no vomiting, no diarrhea, just make sure you eat with your meals and take a probiotic, I take Accuflora, I read some people say don't eat yogurt, I did and I was just fine, 3 more days to go, lets all pray this works, Oh and I missed just one day of work."

donnybrooks April 28, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I feel like I have been poisoned . Even though people react differently to every medication I'm sure this one beats all bad side effects by a long way . After having h pylori I began with pylera treatment for 10 days.... couldn't get through it for more than 7 days as my health started taking a heavy toll. Headaches, mood swings, bloating, painful constipation, extreme fatigue, chills and then I stopped when I had a hives allergic attack which obliged me to stop working. I'm an otherwise healthy 32 yr old who has had her life turned upside down by pylera. After stopping treatment I noticed I had developed an oral thrush due to antibiotics killing my intestinal flora and was sick in bed. Be warned as to the bad side effects and look for natural remedies!"

Kinuh April 9, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Finished my 10 day treatment a couple of days ago. Before starting with Pylera, I read all these reviews to know what to expect from side effects. Mine were dark stools, dark urine, upset/pain stomach/intestine, bloated for 1/2 days, headache, dizziness, weakness. No diarrhea or vomiting. I always had full healthy meals and some snack before bedtime, avoided milk and similar, as well as, spicy food, juice, etc. I still feel somehow weak, but nothing compared to during the treatment. Let's see what is the outcome of the stool exam. Good luck all."

Ze do Bone April 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "It is a hard treatment to do. I don't know yet if it is effective or not. I'm in my 6th day taking this medicine. I'm not able to work. I have a lot of side effect: headaches, dizziness, vomiting, diarrhea, black stools, dark urine,etc. I already read the prescription again and it says:" Do not have milk or dairy products while you are taking this medicine." I'll avoid these products and I hope to feel better."

gracesmitht March 27, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I'm on day 10 taking the pylera capsules. I'm counting down till tonight when I finish all the meds. My experience was having mood swings and not liking to take the capsules didn't like how I was feeling. I'm hoping this nightmare is almost over with."

shirt March 23, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Currently on my 6th day of the treatment and its the worst!! Bloating, nausea and diarrhea... can't wait until this nightmare ends. I have not been able to work for 5 days already due to this medication. Once you start the treatment you can't stop it. For the diarrhea I was told I can not take any imodium which is worst. Good luck people. Hope we all can survive this nightmare and move on..."

Justmeeeeeee (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I am a GI Specialist and I have prescribed pylera many times.... should have asked my patients better about their experiences with side effects. Why? Because I was diagnosed with H. pylory gastritis myself and Chose pylera as First choice eradication! What a nightmare! Days 1-3 were ok but then I experienced all the above mentioned side effects, crept to work, lost 6 pounds of weight and as one of you mentioned: thats how chemotherapy must feel like! I fought through (under the concerned pitiful Looks of my collegues) and finished yesterday still feeling pretty Bad and exhausted. Hope it worked!"

Anonymous January 20, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "This is my 3rd time that I have had the H-polori Bacteria and my first time taking Plylera. Well personally it not been a fun ride and the side effects have been not positive for me. I've been having terrible headaches, dizziness, feeling like am going to vomit, horrible taste in my mouth even with water. The positive side is am not hungry like I used too so I force myself to eat something in order to take the this medication. I have already missed a day from work because I was not able to keep my self focused and the headaches are killing me. Staying positive."

Tuchi (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I was very hesitant to take this medicine based on reviews. I had taken the amoxicillin, claromyicin treatment a year before but it did not work. I tried Black Seed Oil, Mastic Gum and Manila Honey. They made my stomach feel better for a while but then the pain started again and my stool sample came back positive again. So I started Plyera. I took a strong probiotic twice a day, ate a good amount of food with each dose and took omeprazole twice a day. I eliminated any foods or drinks with dairy or alcohol. I pretty much ate oatmeal, eggs, peanut butter sandwiches and veggies. I did not have any problems with Plyera. About day 5 I had some stomach pains and was really tired but was fine otherwise and now my stool test was negative!"

Mal's Mimi January 14, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I am 19 years old and I've had this H Pylori for almost 2 years . My doctor put me on the treatment and I started yesterday morning after breakfast . Everytime I take it I get nauseous and feel pain in my stomach. Well today I feel like I have absolutely no energy and I'm sitting at work falling asleep and still nauseous. Is this normal or should I call my doctor. I've never called off nor been late to my job but I do not feel up to working today and I don't know why I'm feeling like this. Help please"

JayyRo January 5, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "This is my third day now. I was unlucky to catch the flu the day I started the treatment so I am drained and tired. Side effects I had were migraine hitting my right side of the head all through my teeth, nausea, stomach pains, reflux at night, and waking up with panic attacks. Hope to survive the treatment. Glad to be on break, otherwise certainly unfit for work. No diarrhoea till now but I am energy less."

SamerM January 1, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "This is my 8th day of taking Plyera. I feel poisoned. These drugs are poison. My chest is burning up from acid. I can feel acid in my nose as well. I am pretty much confined to my couch or bed. 2 more days to go. I am concerned that this medicine is damaging my esophagaus from severe acid reflux. Doc was insistent on curing this even if I did not have any ulcers. I felt so much better before this treatment. Please prepare plastic spoons and bowls. You won't have the energy to wash anything. Also prepare 10 day worth of food you can eat using microwave. You won't be driving anywhere either. Not all will experience terrible side effects (I had them all) but for sure they are real for me."

jaeh (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I am on my 5th day of this drug treatment and it has been hard. People say don't read the negative reviews before you start the treatment but for me it was helpful to know what to expect. The first 2 days were ok. But from the day 3, I have been experiencing the most of side effects. Nausea, vomiting, loose stools, stomach pain, bitter and sour taste in my mouth, chills, fatigue, foggy head, and bloating. I am sure only some people experience these symptoms but I wonder these side effects are after all just effects, not side effects. Sort of like going through chemo. For those who start the medication, please make sure to get off work and stay home!! 5 more days to go and I will stick to it."

jaeh (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "Just finished with this round and glad it is over. I had all side effects but stayed positive and finished. Now I must wait 3 months and retest to see if I am negative for H Pylori. Will update once I get tested and get the results"

Princess D December 23, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I'm going to start off by saying DO NOT READ INTO EVERYONES SIDE EFFECTS...I did and it freaked me out even before I even started this medicine. I'm almost finished with day 4 and have had really no side effects. I've had a headache for a few days but I just got my period same day I started the pills..sorry TMI "

Alimacs18213 (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I have been taking Pylera med for 5 days now first day it made me vomit and nauseous and now I have extremely bad diarrhea and getting hemorrhoids :"( Is this normal?"

Bettieouiie November 20, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection "I finished up my 10 days it was extremely difficult, had all the same symptoms the whole time, on the night time dose on two occasions I could not take the dose, I was so dizzy it was extremely scary plus the pain, I still continued on and took the two doses as I finished the others the next day. It is know7 days later I have still got my stomach pain, but today I have felt better. Doc told me to continue on the oprazelam. I think it is mainly the inflammation from taking the pylera. I think and hope the infection is gone.. I have been taking a probiotic called bio-k which is very strong. You can get this at a vitamin store, and I could tell this made a big difference. The antibiotic killed all my good bacteria."

Beverly1256 (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2016

Page 1 2 3 4 Next

More about Pylera (bismuth subcitrate potassium / metronidazole / tetracycline)

Professional resources