User Reviews for Pylera to treat Helicobacter Pylori Infection

Pylera has an average rating of 5.7 out of 10 from a total of 158 ratings for the treatment of Helicobacter Pylori Infection. 35% of those users who reviewed Pylera reported a positive effect, while 27% reported a negative effect.

Pylera Rating Summary

5.7/10 average rating

Compare all 43 medications used in the treatment of Helicobacter Pylori Infection.

Reviews for Pylera

Jessica Danielle May 24, 2021

“I am starting day 5 of a 14 day treatment. I have experienced so many awful side effects that I started keeping a journal. I have extreme fatigue, my arms feel heavy, I can't really grip things (dropped my toothbrush in the sink 3 times last night), cold sweats, complete loss of appetite, dizzy, nausea, a slight ringing in my ears, feeling like there's a buzzing sensation in my scalp, minor headaches, cramps, dark stool, and finally this morning I threw up an hour after taking my first 3 pills. On top of all these horrible side effects I am really struggling to fit in the 4 doses, and the two doses of omeprazole. I am also prescribed pain medication 3 times a day for a separate issue and the last two days I have only taken 3 total pills.... I can't figure out timing to safely take everything. Two nights ago I simply skipped the 4th dose because I could not fit it in. I am praying that Pylera works, because right now in the middle of it I am questioning is this worth it!?!”

Sly May 10, 2021

“I have to be honest, I took this medication almost one year, I am still feeling bad because the medication I think is made with salts, my stomach is still burning as a result of this medicine. I wouldn't recommend this medication for people to use, my stomach lining is burning, acid reflux is what I am still dealing with till this moment. If someone can help me treat my problem as a result of this medicine I will be very happy.”

kohinoor April 30, 2021

“What helped me was to be prepared for everything that could go wrong: - I talked to my doctor to prescribe me anti fungal medication - I quit eating sugar (completely) - I took strong probiotics 2 times per day (about 15 billion live cultures), at least 2h distance from the antibiotics. - I made myself a plan with the hours when I have to eat/ take probiotics/ take medication. - I planned to start on a Wed., so that there is only one w/e in b/w. You can plan so have it over 2 w/e. Side effects: - The first night was bad, I shivered and had a terrible headache. The next day I got diarrhea and a some fever. Took rehydration salts and a lot of mint tea. - Next days it got better, except for the metallic, bitter taste (chewing gum helped a lot), sometimes my tongue got darker and the stool was absolutely weird. For me it was crucial to know why I need to go through this and to look at antibiotics as allies, not enemies. If you have concerns, talk to your doctor openly.”

Kim · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 17, 2019

“While taking pylera iIhad all the symptoms that was listed. I literally felt like I was at the end of my life. A month later I felt worse than I felt before. My stomach hurt everyday bad as anything. On top of that I run to the restroom a lot. I had a bad reaction on my own biles irritated my skin really bad and still do. I don't recommend any one to take this medication. It didn't work. It will have you feeling like you about to die while you're taking it for 10 days and after you feel worse. This medication should be banned. Its not safe!! I'm a witness to this. I pray this pain , nausea, cramps, loss of appetite, sleepless night, heart palpitations, abdominal pain, goes away. It's been well over a month and I'm still suffering with side affects. I repeat do mot take this medicine!! You will regret it.”

GS · Taken for less than 1 month December 17, 2019

“On Pylera for H pylori, Days 1-3 were ok but days 4-7 were the worst. Loss of appetite, heartburn, acidic reflux, belching (lots of it!), general discomfort, nausea and vomiting were the worst side effects. Found a way to overcome these: DRINK LOTS OF WATER! Like 2L a day, it'll help out a lot. Recommended food: broth/soup/mashed vegetables, the less solid the better. Try probiotics 15min before breakfast, so that your intestinal flora stays balanced. Days 8-10 were much better once I drank a lot and ate (semi-)liquid food, I felt almost normal (still acidic reflux in the morning). General discomfort disappeared around day 13. Daily schedule: 9.15 probiotic; 9.30-10.15 breakfast; 12.30-13.15 lunch; 16.30-16.50 snack; 20.00-20.45 dinner. LOTS OF WATER (BUT NO DAIRY) ALL DAY LONG! Don't panic if you're feeling nauseous, stay calm. I tried to meditate and do yoga so that my mind isn't focused on the treatment, it helped psychologically but also physically. Breathe and don't stress yourself!”

No HPYLORI August 27, 2019

“Due to H Pylori, I had bloating, indigestion, gas, nausea, some change in bowel movements, stomach pain/cramping/gnawing, acid reflux/heartburn, etc. With Pylera, I had terrible nausea and trouble eating, my whole body was very achy, and felt totally drained while on Pylera. I took some sick leave and teleworked on worst days. I was regimented about taking the medication on time: 7-7:15 am, 12:15-12:30 pm, 5:15-5:30 pm, 10:15-10:30 pm. That definitely helped. I re-tested 1 month later and no longer have H Pylori. After Pylera, I still had burning/gnawing in my stomach, heartburn, bloating, and trapped gas. Damage done by H Pylori can take at least 2-3 months to heal. I went the natural remedy route: 1) acupuncture; 2) Slippery elm; 3) fresh cabbage juice (this was most helpful). I also decided to temporarily remove coffee, alcohol, spicy food, citrus, tomatoes, chocolate, red meat, and dairy from my diet.”

Jill · Taken for less than 1 month November 5, 2019

“Just took my last 3 pills of Pylera...woohoo! Contrary to what I read about this treatment, it was not as bad as I thought. I believe what made it easier was drinking at least 10 ounces of water and taking pills after eating. I also tried to eat as clean as possible. The cons were eating more than usual for me and keeping to the schedule. I also had some headaches in the morning but nothing intolerable.”

Abesko · Taken for less than 1 month April 2, 2019

“I was diagnosed with IBS syndrome with very bad diarrhea and bloating but went for blood test (and gastro test) for Helicobacter. They found massive infection in my stomach and I got Pylera and PPI (omeprazole). Today is day 10 of my procedure and I have to say starting day first I have no symptoms of IBS so it looks it works very well! Zero side effects (just black stool but this is normal during Pylera treatment) You can find many negative comments here but typically people are writing these only if something goes wrong. My advice is don't be scared (don't panic :) ) of Pylera treatment, I was lucky for no side effects and never feel that good (after 3 years of problems). Every body is different..”

Frank March 17, 2021

“It was effective per se, as it successfully eradicated H.Pylori. But it completely destroyed my GI tract. I finished Pylera 2 months ago and the GI pains are horrendous, I feel worse than when I had the bacterium... seriously.”

Josie March 14, 2021

“In the middle of last month (February) I felt a really bad pain in my belly and was frequently burping, I had nausea, I vomited acid and all . So Iwas H pylori positive. My doctor recommended taking Pylera. I felt the war inside my stomach (as pylera vs H pylori), on day 4 of treatment Istarted feeling the dizziness, and awful burning stomach pain accompanied with nausea, feeling sleepy all the time. But please don't quit! It’s worth the fight. Now it’s day 3 after finishing the treatment I still feel nausea from time to time but I think it will go away !”

Nikki2320 · Taken for less than 1 month May 20, 2014

“I stated that I would come back to this site with the results of my endoscopy after taking Pylera and the bacteria has been eradicated. Pylera worked for me!! I am a very satisfied customer. I hope this review will be helpful to others. Hang in there if you are taking it and having a rough time.”

Chocho · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2021

“I’m glad that I found this site, I am not the only one fighting H pylori. I was about to quit, I’m on my 9th day so I’ll push it for 1 more day. The first 5 days I had minor side effects, although made me woke up 2 to 3 times at night. Later, side effects became more obvious. I still getting up 2 to 3 times, walked around to eliminate build up gases and went back to bed to catch up more sleep. Try to eat well but not meals that might make it worse, and yes with a lot of water. Also, don’t think too much or read about it. So you can stay strong mentally, good luck to you my friends and if you can pray it helped me a lot. I hope that this drug will eradicate this annoying and smart bug for good. This is my third time after 10 years each time, but my first time taking Pylera.”

sicktomystomach October 30, 2014

“Had hard time pretty much since second day. Some people stated you should eat first. Unfortunately, that makes me want to vomit after taking it. No diarrhea (I took probiotics and ate activia), but weird stools (very dark and frequent). I think my bowels are empty at this point. Appetite gone. Lost almost 10 pds. Difficulty sleeping due to nausea and gas pains. Threw up twice. Little energy. Headaches. Feeling stressed and somewhat depressed at times. Crying bouts in middle of night. What I described wasn't constant. It came and went throughout the day, but nights were hardest for some reason. Tomorrow is final day. Can you survive it? Yes. Is it hard? For sure. If h.pylori is gone, then it's worth it. Be strong.”

Dr. Gaby November 2, 2019

“My success rates for eradicating h.pylori with Pylera is 100%. It's a gruesome protocol that involves severe Herxheimer reactions - die off symptoms. However, there's an old trick to deal with severe Herx reactions: a bit of cortisone. I have found that using prednisone 10mg for one up to 3 days at the most, can make the whole difference. There're fewer reactions and people are more compliant to do the protocol until the end because they can withstand it.”

Babygirlztyra July 23, 2019

“I'm on day 8 of taking pylera and it hasn't been bad surprisingly. My only complaint is taking so many pills for 10 days can be frustrating and exhausting. I did experience a slight headache and nausea. The nausea didn't start till day 7 but it wasn't bad. Had a headache the first couple days. I have been fine. It was hard to find things to eat as I did not want to eat anything I was not supposed to. I ate at 7, 12, 4, and 8. Took meds at 10, 2, 6 and 10. Also I ate very little as there is hardly anything you can eat while taking this. I had trouble finding what to eat so I hope this helps out for people finding something to eat. I ate hummus, apples, chicken, tuna, eggs, guacamole, spam(all spam is gluten free)! Gluten free oatmeal. Dukes mayo is also gluten free and diary free! Mustard is also. Black olives and i got organic vegetable broth to drink also for my late snack. I drink a 16oz bottle of water with taking pylera instead of 8oz recommended and it's all good!”

Calo · Taken for less than 1 month October 14, 2019

“I am on day 7 of this Pylera pill. I really hope it works because I don’t think I can do it again. The headaches, the nausea, the weird taste started after day 4. It’s hard to find things to eat so if anyone has ideas please share. Full meals are helpful and lots of water. Fresh fruits, no dairy. It’s very draining so lots of rest is needed. Glad I found this site. Stay strong.”

Mehanna · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2019

“Read all the reviews here and started to think whether I will take it or not since I'm very anxious person. I decided to take it since its the only way to kill this strong bacteria that can cause stomach cancer! I'm on day 6 now, my only side effects are feeling so tired, dizzy all day and dark stool. Advice for everyone drink a lot of water and eat proper food without gluten, eat soups, chicken, lentils, avocado, bananas as well eat Oat (Gluten Free) in the morning before u take your first pills, it will make you full and relaxed for a while. 4 days to go! Just feeling anxious all time, hope this will kill this bacteria, I will come back here to update everyone if its gone.”

Mal's Mimi January 14, 2017

“I was very hesitant to take this medicine based on reviews. I had taken the amoxicillin, claromyicin treatment a year before but it did not work. I tried Black Seed Oil, Mastic Gum and Manila Honey. They made my stomach feel better for a while but then the pain started again and my stool sample came back positive again. So I started Plyera. I took a strong probiotic twice a day, ate a good amount of food with each dose and took omeprazole twice a day. I eliminated any foods or drinks with dairy or alcohol. I pretty much ate oatmeal, eggs, peanut butter sandwiches and veggies. I did not have any problems with Plyera. About day 5 I had some stomach pains and was really tired but was fine otherwise and now my stool test was negative!”

Suekikyy March 8, 2021

“I’m on my 2nd day and I feel like quitting. My whole body is aching and I have sleepless nights. My stomach is inflamed and bloated. I'm having headaches.I noticed some blood in my urine and and blood in my stool. I don’t have access to my Gastrologist because his fully booked. I can only see him in a months time. I have to see a GP to explain to him the side effects because I feel like it’s not working on me. I’ve used metronidazole before and it doesn’t really work on me. I hope my body is not resistant to it. I’m just praying for strength because I’m not sure if can pull thru. I wish I had read these reviews before starting the meds.”

Puff October 3, 2018

“I know so many people have posted about how terrible the medication is. I had a hard time the first 5 days and almost stopped it. I finally figured out the secret to getting through it. Drink tons of water and eat food between each capsule. It might take 10-15 minutes to take the dose but it makes a huge difference. I still did get the black stools which were gross but now they are back to normal. Since finishing the 10 days a week ago, I am feeling great, no pain, and so glad I got through it. Now I'm just waiting to go in for the breath test hoping that all is good. My advice to everyone is to stick it out. You can do it!!”

TumGERD · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2015

“Was prescribed this after positive ID of h.pylori from endoscopy biopsy. 10 days / 12 pills a day. Not gonna lie it was rough. Side effects included dizziness, upset stomach, nausea for me. Within 10mins of ingestion the effects could be felt. I made sure to eat a full meal to help lessen the effects. Even at bedtime. Sometimes no effects other times strong effects. But got through the 10 days. After taking it still had residual side effects for another 2 days on/off. Then finally on day 3 returned to normal. Need to do the re-test in 1mo so not sure if it worked to kill the bacteria for good. I won't lie I almost stopped taking it in the middle of treatment but kept telling myself this has to be done and I cannot stop!”

Angelique Buonnet · Taken for less than 1 month August 9, 2019

“After reading all the odd side effects, I hesitate to start my treatment with Pylera but I need to start sooner or later even if I don't have any symptoms of this infection. I had just three side effects, on my day one I had a headache all day and on day two I feel week all day , dark stools until I finished the treatment and that was all my bad side effects. I stop all my medications and vitamins one week before start taking Pylera and cut all dairy and red meat, I think the key is to drink a lot of water and a proper meal I had a full bottle of water (17.9 fl. oz) every time I had my pylera capsules and omeprazole and more water in between my meals and fruits during the day. I'm just waiting for a couple of weeks to see my doctor and find out if this treatment got rid of the pylori bacteria. Good luck for everyone and remember you need to drink a lot of water, water water and more water during the day, fruits, vegetables, fish and poultry.”

Nikki2320 · Taken for less than 1 month May 21, 2014

“*UPDATE* The Pylera worked! The bacteria has been eradicated! I completed my 10 day treatment on April 7, 2014. The only side effect was some mild nausea (I just ate a little more) and a bad taste in my mouth (lots of sugar-free gum). I am waiting 30 says to test to see if the bug is gone. I will come back on here with the results of the endoscopy.”

Redrinx June 20, 2015

“Pylera eradicated my H Pylori infection. Apparently, I had a horrible case for many years, and this worked. I had tried other drugs in the past, and nothing worked until this. It's rough though! I think I had every side effect and the 9th day was the worst, but you have to push through! My tricks - eating larger meals before taking it, and yes, you will always feel bloated and full. Also, sucking on fruit flavored Tic Tacs helped the nausea. Something I learned - sugar, caffeine, chocolate and salt feed this bacteria, so I tried to steer clear of these things. I heard vitamin C, grapefruit, and a probiotic, keep it away so I incorporated these into my diet -while taking Pylera. I had a pretty aggressive case, but it's gone!!”

Mr. Wise Jr · Taken for less than 1 month September 3, 2019

“Today is my 10th and final day of taking Pylera (thank goodness). It is very powerful stuff and starts killing bacteria immediately! Unfortunately the good ones too. The first 3 days or so I had a lot of diarrhea, dizziness, numbness in my extremities, fatigue and NO appetite. I was only able to eat fruit smoothies, dairy free yogurt, and broth soups. As a result I lost almost 15 lb of weight, and not the good kind. I had to call out of work due to my symptoms and lack of energy. Just be cautious if you take this antibiotic and get lots of rest.”

Saint girl · Taken for less than 1 month January 26, 2020

“I’ve been on Pylera for 10 days. Tonight I take my last 3 pills. Yes it’s been so awful. I’m tired, the headaches are awful and the nausea is horrible. I’ve dealt with h pylori for the last 14 years. Literally. I’ve taken multiple doses of the prev pac but it keeps coming back. I get severe stomach cramps, constant vomiting, diarrhea, headaches and so on with h pylori. It’s like having an ongoing flu. Worst of all has been the light headedness and being dizzy. I hope like anything that after this it gets rid of the h pylori. I can deal with 10 days of this if it eliminates the h pylori. It’s tough but don’t give up. It’s worth it in the end. Yes I’ve been irritable because the headaches have been so severe. Hopefully this works.”

Emi September 27, 2018

“I had a positive experience with Pylera. As with any other antibiotic, you MUST eat before taking the medication. Moreover, drink water copiously throughout the day and with your meals. The instructions say 8 ounces: double this! Avoid foods that are high in calcium: calcium prevents the medication from working, making you feel worse. This includes ALL dairy but also many replacements like soy milk etc. Read labels carefully. Unless explicitly told so by your doctor, stop multivitamins/supplements. NO ALCOHOL! Regular intervals will help. Taking the medication right after meals at 7am, noon, 5:30pm, and 10pm worked for me. Regularity is key. I took the full course of Pylera and had minimal side effects. I was rigorous about eating and drinking. I was somewhat tired. But I experienced none of the nausea, headaches, etc that others describe. And I ascribe that to being regimental about intake of food and water, and timing. Please do not be afraid of Pylera.”

HealthyGoHealthy September 8, 2018

“So I am currently on Pylera for Pylori. This is Day 8 & I can honestly say this is the worst, the first 5-6 days was fine! I was upbeat then day 7 I started feeling pregnant. I can smell everything I can’t eat anything at all! I have no appetite. I throw up every morning, the nasty metal taste in my mouth, so tired & feel like I never get any sleep. I don’t know what to do since I have to take the medication after meals and I can’t eat & I can’t miss a dose. I have to force myself to eat but the nausea is horrible. I have mood swings, fast heart rate.... BASICALLY FEEL LIKE I AM DYING SLOWLY. but I have to stick this through If I want to recover.”

Learn more about Helicobacter Pylori Infection