User Reviews for Alprazolam (Page 4)

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

5.5

1 review 0 medications
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 8.9 1,004 reviews

Reviews for Alprazolam

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Panic disorder is no fun. You feel like you have nowhere to run and nowhere to hide, and that you are coming to an end! Xanax has helped me against this terrible nervousness, demonic, feeling. I only take it when I truly need it. I take the lowest dose possible 0.25. The thing about this drug is that it makes you feel so relaxed. So people keep taking it, to keep feeling good and that's when it backfires. Please only take it as needed. Don't take it if your not feeling panic at the moment. You have to respect this drug. And taking it when u don't feel panic is not the way to go. Trust me! Prayer and a lil help from xanax can make all the difference in the world!!"

Mannyvic (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 11, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Since my dad got sick and eventually passed away my anxiety depression and fears were just over whelming. I've been having so many intrusive thoughts since then. I had mild depression before he passed its been 5 years and its finally just has destroyed me. I finally went and got help two weeks ago and xanax not only completely calms me down it helps me focus on thing I need to focus on and not let my mind wonder with anxiety and weird thoughts. Miracle drug. Don't abuse it. Use when needed its amazing."

Kingcotten (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have severe anxiety I started out with 0.5 mg of xanex my Dr just upped it too 1 mg twice a day I have a very understanding Dr. He makes sure I always have 6 months worth I am not addicted because I've gone days with out it"

Lisa 8253 August 8, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have been on SSRI's and benzos for probably 3 or 4 years. SSRI's for depression and on top of that benzos for anxiety and panic attacks. Was on ativan for 3 years and it eventually stopped working. Would take 2 0.5mg pills and it would not affect my anxiety at all. Psychiatrist switched me to xanax 0.5mg everyday as needed up to 3 pills a day. It actually works. It takes a few minutes and wipes away any panic attack and softens my anxiety. I am very careful though because I know it can be very addictive. I was clean off the ativan for months and had no withdrawls so I know I was not addicted to that. Have only been on the xanax a few months and I only take it AS NEEDED so not to get addicted."

LumpyNoodle August 3, 2017

For Anxiety: "The one medication that has helped so drastically with depression and anxiety but so addictive if other methods can be found I suggest going down another road"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 2, 2017

Alprazolam Intensol (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I suffer from severe depression and anxiety brought on by cancer and anti - hormone drugs. This drug helps me with the panic attacks and anxiety I tend to get almost daily. When I take this medication my attacks are less severe."

Moe12 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 30, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Until yesterday, I was prescribed .5 mg. Alprazolam(xanax) for panic, anxiety and irregular sleep patterns. I took them for four years. I went to my psychiatrist yesterday for my monthly suboxone appointment(6 yrs). The same psychiatrist who prescribed my .5 mg.xanax. I am taking suboxone for chronic pain issues from a MVA. I had been on prescription oxycontin 60 mg, 2x's/d for 11 yrs. and that doctor retired...no doctor would prescribe a full opiate agonist and that was 5yrs. ago. So I was told yesterday that he could no longer prescribed both xanax and suboxone due to state and federal guidelines. This type of inappropriate prescribing is outrageous. Has anyone else come up against this? I never abused either medications."

(jjul) July 29, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I was on 8mg of xanax a day yes 8mg that's 4 bars a day for agoraphobia and several other reasons but be careful with this med though it's a life saver I was pulled off cold turkey and almost took my own life and no ER would not help me at all and I went to 4 different ones and drs are acting like your asking for OxyContin these days if you ask for nerve meds so my dr finally took me back and all is well again but if you can avoid it don't get on this med because if you do you are at the mercy of the system because your now on it for life. worst mental mindwithdrawals of my life"

Anonymous July 29, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I was given an extremely low dosage of this, don't know if that was part of the problem but it didn't do anything for me good or bad."

5150Aries (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I'm a 19 year old girl and I've been diagnosed with Anxiety for a long time but never had an anxiety attack until now. My doctor prescribed me this medicine yesterday after I told her I had an anxiety attack 1 day ago. My heart was literally at a speed of 100 but she gave me medicine to slow it down. It really helped me sleep last night too. This medicine took me about 30-45 minutes to kick in and then it knocked me out and I was fast asleep."

Allison Krug (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "About a year ago I was diagnosed with severe anxiety with panic attacks. Anxiety runs in my family so for me it was not a huge shock for me to have anxiety. I have tried about three different medications that just made me feel awful. I did not feel like myself and I was always sleepy. Once I got put on Xanax with another type of anxiety medication it helped subside my panic attacks. Anytime I would have a panic attack I would take a Xanax and it would help me be able to fell like myself again. I do not take Xanax every day just because I do not have panic attacks everyday and because it is highly addicted. For me this medication worked."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 21, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "It really calms me down"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2017

For Depression: "I have taken Xanax for many years at a safe daily dose. I started in 2004 with 0.25 mg three times daily, having severe anxiety attacks while my dad was losing his battle with cancer. As the years progressed and I realized I have a big social anxiety issue, I stayed on Xanax. I couldn't function socially without it. Last year I was diagnosed with menieres disease which causes daily vertigo spells and constant roaring in my ear. My doctor increased my Xanax to .5 mg three times daily, as it helps with these symptoms. Not long ago I was diagnosed with clinical depression. I was put on Celexa but am hating the side effects. I took myself off Zoloft twice in the past because of the side effects. Xanax has truly been a life saver for me"

Tacro1723 July 16, 2017

For Anxiety: "Yes, this drug works well regarding how fast my anxiety dissipated. My 1st prescription & experience with a drug in the benzo-class. It worked quite a while. My Dr. began my dose 3, 2mg 'bars' a day I had no anxiety. Instead, I felt an alcohol intoxication feeling. My body/brain built a tolerance. I was taking 5 to 7, 2 mgs a day. I functioned as well as anyone. Save for the constant anxiety, I felt great. I decided to stop. I never felt worse. My 5 yr anxiety trial was 10 fold. I began have seizures, cramping, not sleeping, anything, clothing touching skin made my entire body spasm. It is best taken in a low dosage & probably only when one feels an attack. I now take a medication, a benzo-class, lower dose, take less & in therapy. "

TJ3 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 13, 2017

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I take 0.5mg every morning for almost the past 5 years. I use this in conjunction with Lexapro and Trazodone. After being a long time sufferer of anxiety, which then resulted into depression, I finally sought help. My doc prescribed the Xanax XR and it worked immediately, within days I felt good again. I was told that the Lexapro took about 6 weeks to work, which it did and I feel even felt better. Taking the Lexapro I think has helped me not to increase the dosage of the XR, which has helped me with my maintenance. The Trazodone ensures my full night of sleep. Although I don't like having to take all these meds, my life has improved significantly."

Michael008 July 13, 2017

For Anxiety: "I had problems driving over bridges so I got Xanax .25mg. I then read the product info, it said, "Do Not take this drug while driving." I also was waking up at 3 or 4 am, not being able to go back to sleep. I was prescribed Ambien but told to take it as I went to sleep. I still woke up after 5 hours even if I took the stronger 8 hour Ambien. I was depressed. Once I night walked & fell downstairs. I decided to take Xanax for my racing mind at 3 am, it works great. I have been taking it for 20 years; have none of the side effects described. When I travel or stay in loud places I take 2 Xanax & sleep better than ever. I have never taken more than 2 in 24 hours. I am 65 & can hike up & down for 8 hours. Still only sleep 5 to 6 hours a night, works for me."

Khaton (taken for 10 years or more) July 13, 2017

For Anxiety: "So hmmm tho medication has been good to me. But you have to get the dose just right or you will sleep for about ten hours lol. I take 1mg and it seems to work well for my anxiety and my Borderline personality disorder out bursts. You might not focus as well because you will be very relaxed. So if I have to work with my hands, (jewelry smithing, and nails) I only take a half a pill .5 mg. If I'm at home or it's a severe attack/episode I take 1mg. If it's a night terror or panic attack at night that causes insomnia I take 1.5. My dose is 1mg twice a day as needed. But I don't need them twice a day. Maybe once every week or two."

Face Here. July 12, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax is like putting a band-aid over a wound that needs stitches. This med helped take the edge off my anxiety and am thankful for it. It will NOT treat GAD properly because you'll be dependent with too many doses, but is a godsend for panic disorders. I still struggle with anxiety (anger, headaches, worrying, crazy thoughts). It helped me be able to sleep, socialize, not have panic attacks at work, great sex drive and I feel calm. I was prescribed 0.5mg twice a day, usually took less otherwise I'd be sleeping all day, only could go about a day without it then I need it again for anxiety. The biggest downside is that it makes me REALLY tired, lazy, poor memory sometimes. When mixed with alcohol I get very angry. Will be looking into SSRIs."

Concavealexx (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 11, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax is a medication that must be taken seriously and with precaution. This is not a game. Taking it when you don't need to will only create addiction and the withdrawal is worse than living with the actual anxiety. Please don't take this med unless you suffer from anxiety and you are having a panic attack. It works well in these situations but my advice is to stay away from it and only take it in an emergency. I prefer lorazepam. When you take lorazepam the withdrawal symptoms are more tolerable than xanax. Xanax is awesome but it can become Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. You can die from this or get a DUI if you are caught in a driving accident. This is serious."

roxithefox (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I was given this after trying several other meds. My doctor gave me 2 mg bars. The yellow ones (generic) aren't bad and the white one isn't either, but them green ones will wipe you out. They are at least 40% stronger despite being the same strength. The use to be very expensive, but are only $5.56 for a 60 pill supply with my insurance ( which is bootleg Obama care)."

Powerful AF (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 8, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Xanax literally saved my life. A year ago I was having probably 4 panic attacks a day. I couldn't go anywhere without freaking out and thinking I was going to die. I was so scared because it didn't feel like a typical panic attack, like I was falling or something. I got xanax .25 and I was able to completely diminish my attacks. No therapists or anything else worked for me like xanax has. I personally didn't find it addictive because I was in such a terrible state. I don't take it very often now, but I don't know where I would be without it"

Lovelife4689 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2017

For Anxiety: "Worked well for a month then showed its real face. Ended up with memory loss, poor concentration, light headed and feel like a corpse with no life, rather wish life had ended."

Johnycage June 27, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "I've started to take Xanax 3 months ago, 0.25 then 0.5mg a day. Experienced a rapid heartbeat at first, but chose to give it a chance anyway and after 2 weeks it was back to normal. Now I take Xanax 0.5 and Bupropion 300mg a day for my depression and anxiety. I can tell it really has changed my life so far, I can feel joy or calmness again (before I couldn't at all). I hope to get back to normal soon. Can't even describe how I'm glad I've started to take these medications. Although I know many people have severe side effects, the thing is - it's very individual, you have to try and find a medicine that works best for you. Many people take Prozac, but I almost died when took it - side effects were terrible, I even experienced hallucinations."

Anna3529 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2017

For Tinnitus: "After 8 ear surgeries, the tinnitus had grown louder then I could bear. It became overwhelming to be in groups of people larger than 4, hard to concentrate (at work or at play) because of the weird, loud constant sounds and forget about going to sleep if you focus in on the noise, your mind will not let go of it!! Alprazolam has not made it go away but, has put it where it belongs, in the far off background. Which has allowed me to live a pretty normal life once again. Thankful !"

Stapendectomy (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 14, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I have been on xanax for 15yrs. The past 9yrs I've been on them solid (haven't missed a day) I just turned 40yrs old, and I'm in the worst position in my life than I've ever been! Long story short, I I have severe anxiety & panic attack disorder. My 1st panic attack was at 19. Lets just say I've tried my fair share of narcotics. I'm 10yrs clean off of Heroin. But the xanax is a monster of its own. I've had 2 grand mal seizures trying to get off them. They can kill you! I just take 3mg a day so I don't get sick& anxiety. My step-son passed away at 19 from taking too many xanax. It's not a sleeping pill, it's not for people that are stressed out. They don't discriminate, my 87yr old grandma was addicted to them too. All I'm saying is do your research 1st"

Should of thought twice June 12, 2017