User Reviews for Alprazolam (Page 4)

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia 5 reviews 53 medications

8.6
Borderline Personality Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Alprazolam reviews 856 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Alprazolam

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Just wanted to give my experience with Xanax so far. I started having genuine anxiety attacks and all-day anxiety episodes about two months ago. But there were definitely signs of a building anxiety disorder before that. As opposed to normal anxiety, which we should all try to cope with as best as possible without unnecessary drugs. But these attacks had become all-day, distracting, genuinely life-disrupting experiences, tense muscles, constant intrusive thoughts, inability to concentrate on other things, etc. At that point, there's something wrong, and it needs to be diagnosed. Xanax works like a tourniquet for your mind - and sometimes you just need that. It won't cure the underlying issues, but it'll give your mind space to recuperate."

Darren Ronard June 30, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have taken Xanax for about 25 years but only as needed. There are many years I never took any & there are years I took it for a few weeks to help with my Anxiety, stress of having a child with a deadly disease & the depression that ensues. I usually take the .5mg & cut it in half and only use it 1-2 times a day, occasionally 3 halves a day. It soothes me & helps my constantly chattering, negative mind take a break. I have tried SSRIs & have symptoms of being allergic to them, so can't take them, ie muscle twitching, rash & itching. So, Xanax is my only recourse. I know it an be addictive so am very careful to take it only as needed, short courses, & usually about half the amount the Dr. prescribes. It has helped me greatly."

Keep Fighting June 29, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I started taking Xanax .25 mg for generalized anxiety over the past few days and it has helped me feel relaxed, less worried and happy also hasn't affected me with any crazy side effects. (Which I was afraid of happening) I was so scared to take them but my anxiety was getting out of control so I figured I would give it a try and see how my body handles it. I'm going to continue taking one a day since it seems to be helping a lot. I don't worry and I feel calm, the pill does wear off after a few hrs and takes about 20-30 mins to kick in but my dr says it's safe to take another one as needed. I'm also doing counseling too and it is very helpful as well. Definitely recommend this for anxiety!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have social and generalized anxiety along with panic attacks. I am at a max dose of 2mg 3 times per day. This medication is a life saver in the terms of allowing me to not be afraid around myself, allowing me to go out and socialize with friends. The only downside is I will most likely be on this medication the rest of my life as it has proven to be extremely addictive both physically and psychologically. Your brain naturally creates GABA, which takes up to a year or longer to start creating on its own. This medicine also wipes out your short-term memory and tolerance is a huge problem along with creating more extreme panic attacks if a dose is missed. However, this medication is a life safer for me.15 years and counting."

Foxtrotz (taken for 10 years or more) June 24, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "For several years I have been prescribed 1mg to take up to 3 times per day - sometimes I take less, some days even none! But I find that Xanax does for me what adderall does for children suffering add. For some reason the drug helps me have precision focus, a clear mind, better communication, rapid fire thought processing, and motivation - just for starters. I don't expect to take it for the rest of my life, but I go thro prolonged periods of anxiety and antisocial behavior (will urinate in bottles in my room when at my worst). Glad to know there are a few people who Experience the same effects using Xanax as Maintenance. It's been a life saver for me! Curious to understand why it has this off label effect on us select few."

Greggery June 22, 2016

Greggery (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 22, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "I have been taking Alprazolam for about 10 years. I started with 0.5 mg daily as needed. But my anxiety, panic attacks and depression got worse . My doctor increased to 0.5 mg twice a day. It worked for a short period of time. Now I feel so terrible than I take 1 mg 3 times a day sometimes 4 mg a day. Anxiety still present with panick attacks. The doctor added Lexapro 10 mg daily; I could divide 5 mg am and 5 mg pm. I have moments of tranquility but they are short. I tried meditation, soft music (makes more depressed). I have no family members and basically no friends. No energy or desire to do things I used to like. I stay at home most of the time, affraid of drive. I don't have money to see a counselor, only every 3 months to psychiatrist"

hannsue June 21, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "im 17, i love xanax.. but i know its bad for me. i stopped taking it for a while, but now i want to buy 4 and take them slowly. i used to be bad on the, i would take about 8-10 bars. idk how much mg that is, im prtty sure it was like 1mg or 2 mg each. i loved the feeling, and i want that feeling. but i know it would make me forget things, really bad, i wouldnt remember anything that happened that day, i would black out, getting myself into trouble. fighting, stealing, like i was invinsible.. i miss the drug. i took them illegally. but i just loved being barred out.. but i cant do it, its best for me to stay away because i was extremely addictedd..."

nonibug June 21, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for : "Never get started on this drug , I warn you ! Yes I give it a 10 but its something you should take every once in awhile never longer than 2-3 months at a time, I'm 100% dependent on these pills, have been for a decade and it started at a routine check up! The worst addiction I've ever seen. And I'm a recovering herion addict. That wasn't easy but a cake walk to ever getting off xanax. I'm on 1 mg 3x a day today, just like I was 10 years ago. If my Dr even mentions trying to stop giving me this medicine I freak out when I don't have xanax to feel "normal" iihave seizures, chronic pain, its horrible! However i have to have these pills, and pharmaceutical companies knew what they were doing . ever watch MTV. I swear every TV show mentions Xan"

Kylijah (taken for 10 years or more) June 18, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have been suffering from panic attack since 2013 and was kept on Xanax .5mg TDS really its the drug which can enhance the Quality of life. Even though we have the xanax regularly but some times panics and anxiety comes, i though to cure anxiety off when met to psychiatrist he prescribed Zoloft 50mg once a day along woth clonazipam .25mg at bed time, having satarted that panics came with great intensity i left both Zoloft and Revotril and rejoin Xanax the problem solver... Thx Almighty who has put lots of benefits in Xanax..."

Khan Baba June 13, 2016

For Anxiety: "I've been taking this medicine Alprazolam since November 2015 (0.5mg) as needed for my generalized anxiety disorder. I don't need to take it all the time just on those really bad days I need the help. In between those times I've used essential oils as well to keep my anxiety at bay while I'm working because I operate heavy machinery. But this medicine has helped me a lot. I personally don't find it habit forming. I like that fact this just takes the edge off and not make me feel like a zombie. I only take it when I'm home. Thanks for listening!"

holliG87 June 13, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Very helpful in reducing anxiety for me. It is fast-acting, and it made a difference in me being able to keep up with my job. Now, I'm on Klonopin though since the doctor said that it stays in the system longer for anxiety. However, the fast relief of Xanax works very well when an immediate spike in anxiety happens. The effects usually only last a few hours for me, and I can understand how it can be addictive for this reason, but it's been great for immediate panic symptoms and helpful with focusing. I did not notice that "drugged up," foggy feeling on a small dose of .5 mg-1 mg as needed."

Anonymous June 4, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax has really helped me with my anxiety and it's not habit forming to me. It helps me a lot!"

Quel32 May 29, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I am on a 1mg dose of xanax on and off for about a year for imsonia, night panics and generalized anxienty. And I can say this is the best pill. Worked great for me. It helps me feel calm allday and relaxed during the night so I can get the sleep I need. Gives me energy during the day when I drink green tea early morning."

lovelilac (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 27, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Man, there's nothing to say about xanax that hasn't been said. It does its job like nothing else. Works perfectly, but because of that, it's super addictive to people prone to anxiety and stress. Because it's the magic pill that makes it go away! That said, my experience with it has been mostly good, as I have never gone above 2mg and i try to keep myself at 1mg daily. This is a literal life saver for someone with severe anxiety."

O B (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 26, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "I take 2mg it makes me calm but also depressed and sad with no energy. Mary"

maryq794 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "My doctor started me on Xanax 0.5 mg almost 2 weeks ago. I've had severe Generalized Anxiety Disorder since 2009. Along with everyday terrible body pains from the stress and anxiety And I was only taking Zoloft. Since then. But the Zoloft stop working like it use to. I find the Xanax to help me some. And it suppresses my body pain as well. And I don't feel doped up. I still feel the strangeness, and unreal feelings from my anxiety. The situation doesn't matter. The anxiety grabs me when ever it wants too. But the Xanax take a little edge off. From 1-10. I'd say 6-7. For me that's good. Because my panic- anxiety is super scary."

My Franklin (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "Helps but I have to take it every 4 hours only .125mg to see any effect"

Fif May 15, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I started having panic attacks about 13 years ago. The Dr. gave me a few different drugs to try - all either had horrible side effects including nightmares - or did nothing. Then we tried Xanax - it was a miracle for me! one .5mg Xanax and I can function again. When I was promoted at work to a position where I would have to speak in front of a crowd I was terrified, but taking one of these has changed my life!!"

Sweaty lady (taken for 10 years or more) May 10, 2016

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I was prescribed regular Xanax in the early 90's for anxiety and it changed my life - for the better. I was more productive than ever, my relationships got back to where they should be, and I was finally sleeping well. As time went on, my tolerance increased and I suffered significant peaks and valleys between doses throughout the day. Xanax XR was complete game changer for me - a completely different medication. I take it in the morning and feel great all day long and I sleep well. I still take the regular Xanax on occasion if my anxiety flares. The XR version is far better but much more expensive. The $120/mo is nothing when it comes to quality of life. ."

Bob from St. Louis (taken for 10 years or more) May 10, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "I suffer from social anxiety rarely leave the house. The anxiety leaves me isolated which cause extreme depression. With xanax 1mg to 2mg takes all anxiety away and calms my depression 10 out of 10. Taking xanax for over 20 years now."

Hewy (taken for 10 years or more) May 9, 2016

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I started taking Alprazolam when I noticed I was having mild anxiety attacks from working in an extremely stressful environment for 4.5 years. Bad bosses (I'm talking racist, yelling, cussing...in an office full of women). I went to my doctor and told him everything and he agreed that a prescription of .5mg would be enough for me. Eventually started having full on panic attacks and thought I was going crazy when I had one. I quit my job to go back to college and I still take alprazolam when I get a little overly stressed or can't come back down from a panic attack after breathing exercises. Unfortunately I don't know if these panic attacks will ever go away completely. Alprazolam has been a lifesaver for me and I will continue to take it."

LandonsMommy (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 3, 2016

For Anxiety: "Ok, I've been diagnosed with Depression, Insomnia, insomnia induced night terrors, Agorphobia, and major anxiety disorder. I was first put on Klonopin, which took care of everything except my depression. My psychiatrist first put me on to try 4 different SSRI/SNRI's along with my Klonopin. Lexapro, Zoloft, Cymbalta, and Wellbutrin made my depression worse! So finally he put me on Xanax 1mg 3x daily along with my Klonopin 2mg 2x daily... and I finally feel normal again. Xanax is a great medication overall, 10/10!"

KPin2mgXanax1mg (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2016

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Tried this for a few days to help with anxiety instead of my usual Klonopin, at bedtime. Do not just switch to another benzo without transitioning. Had bad nightmares all night and was a wreak the following days. Might be good for some people, and maybe more for daytime anxiety but definitely didn't help my sleep (even when taking a higher dose than I normally do of Klonopin). On a side note, don't rely on benzos long-term (> 1 month). You will quickly dig yourself a hole as tolerance inevitably builds and your sleep and mental state will be worse than when you started. Been on benzos for > 2 years and I'm slowly reducing mine and it sucks pretty bad. Get on something safer and non-tolerance building. The sooner the better."

brett84c (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2016

For Anxiety: "Even though this is a monitored medication, when taken CORRECTLY it will make a world of difference. Before my dr.Rxd me Xanax I would not go to the store,pay bills,outside..even my mail was neglected BC I didn't wanna see ANYONE and I didn't wanna see or talk to them. After I was placed on Xanax,those fears went away.I think it's WONDERFUL for anxiety when used CORRECTLY!"

sopranofan (taken for 10 years or more) April 11, 2016