User Reviews for Alprazolam (Page 4)

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia 5 reviews 53 medications

8.6
Borderline Personality Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Alprazolam reviews 921 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Alprazolam

For Anxiety: "Very addictive neurotoxin. Stops working after a few months. Withdrawals include problems like psychosis, and dementia."

Carly34 December 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I've been on quite a few different kinds of medications for anxiety and depression, but I've never had a reaction quite like I did with this one. Within hours of taking it for the first time, I began to feel nauseous, drowsy, uncoordinated, shaky; my vision was blurry and I couldn't drive a car. These symptoms persisted until I stopped the medication. I tried it once or twice after stopping the first time, and the horrible symptoms came right back. I couldn't even do my work. If you have any sensitivities to this medication I would not recommend it. I'm no doctor, but even I know when a pill isn't worth the risk."

HughMS December 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have bipolar 1, GAD & PTSD. I can't rage antidepressants (even on mood stabilizers) because of the bipolar disorder and buspirone proved useless for me. Xanax has really helped me keep my anxiety under control. I don't get the sedating effects that most people seem to. I've been on the same dose for over five years. When my mother passed away, I was also on ativan PRN for a short period of time and sometimes I wish I still had that, too. Not for everyday use, just for extremely triggering events."

espresso_dreams (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I have been on a fairly high dose of this medication for over 6 years now. I can not tell you enough that it is an extremly horrible idea for long term use 2 times daily or more or even less any long term use of this drug to me is almost a death sentence for that person it is probably the most difficult thing to stay off of if used for more then a month or 2 straight. Im trying to get off them now myself but I am so very deep in a hole its almost hard to see the end. Once you stop say goodbye to sleep for a while and feeling like complete psychosis for the next few weeks or months till your brain comes back from the hole you dug for it. If I could go back and never take a benzo I would in a heart beat ssris and ssnris never worked for me."

Mrwrong (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "Honestly Xanax pretty much saved my life. I know some people have bad reactions to it, but that is few and far between. The rest of you that had problems clearly didn't read up on it-- which you should always do with your medications. All I can really say is that I went from having like 1-4 panic attacks a week to one every six months or so when I take this medicine as needed. I function so much better as a human being, and am forever grateful that I got out on the right meds."

Ella Mental December 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I took this drug for 27 years. Worked like a charm. Then, my doc cut me off. Bad drug, etc. I had withdrawal for one solid year. I was all over the place. I even found myself stopped in the middle of the highway for no reason. I couldn't even work. The withdrawal is the worst part. This miracle drug helped me but it is like someone kicking a herion addiction, Methadone needs to be taken for life. My drug use didn't increase so that was not a problem. I had the same usage everyday. Two .05 mg but the withdrawal kicked my ass. I would not tell anyone to take this long term."

Chitowngal (taken for 10 years or more) December 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I hate medication. I avoid it because I'm always afraid of side effects. I started on a low dose of this medication and gradually had it increased. It has no side effects to speak of. I simply found relief from the panicking and constant fear. It just made me feel normal again. Listen to your doctor and don't self medicate. Take only what is prescribed and I believe you will feel better. I do."

3in1 TWBD (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Used only to sleep. After effects is nervousness"

Eddy Montes December 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have severe social anxiety and have tried every other medicine out there and nothing has worked. Xanax so far has changed my life. I'm able to talk to people and look them in the eye and not feel stupid every where I went. I take .5mg 3 times a day. I'm just worried about the addiction part. I've heard it's pretty bad. But I rather be happy all the time than having panic attacks all the time."

Jgm1987 December 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "For years, I didn't know I was suffering from Anxiety and Panic Attacks. My doctor told me what was happening to me & prescribed Xanax. It helps me TREMENDOUSLY. I feel "normal" now. Been using it for 10 years."

Miss FiFi December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I took prozac for 12 years, and it became more less useful to me as I became more tolerant. However I cannot live without it due to my condition of extreme severe anxiety and panic. I grew up with this disorder and as an adult I can't control it at points. I have never had an addictive nature. And I do not take it on a daily regimen. I refuse to be addicted or forever bound to a drug. So I use other methods of meditation and zen relaxation techniques even sleeping all I need to when I can on days I can. However, I have high stress days, that even prozac doesn't help these nature elements and body chemicals that I had to look for an alternative. I started using Xanax. Due to its addictive nature, I broke them in 4, taking in smaller doses"

Now body (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I take 0.5 mg xanax as needed, which I have been on for a few months. I suffer PTSD panic attacks and xanax is the only thing that helps. I don't always need it and can go weeks without needing to take one."

What works for me December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have been on Xanax since 2007 when I was watching my mother slowly suffer. I started on 0.25 mg and eventually the dose was not enough. Now ordered 1 mg in morning and 2 mg at night. It works ,however I have cognitive impairment and all I want to do is sleep and my memory is pretty shot. I weaned myself down very ,very slowly and got down to 1 mg daily at night, but then some negative events happened and I was going into a panic attack. I know this medication works, but I would not take it unless it is a must."

Brain Dead December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "My doctor prescribed this to me for the depressive episodes (as part of my bipolar dx). At 0.5mg, that was sufficient to stop crying, but I was exhausted, mentally. Perhaps numb. Not sure if it was from the depression/crying or the medicine. At 1mg, it knocks me out. I now use it mainly for insomnia, and no more than once a week. Any more than 0.5mg at 11pm and I will not get up on time for work. Because this is my own use, I confided in a friend (who had a stroke) and he confessed he had been doing the same thing until his MD stopped him. I believe insomnia may be a good use for this medicine IF USED CORRECTLY. I know it may have addictive potential. Monitor yourself."

As Needed Only. (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax does feel like a miracle drug, but then addictive drugs always do at 1st. All is fine, for someone with anxiety there definitely does seem to be some kind of euphoria, because you feel like you can properly have jokes, interact socially, be yourself again e.t.c. It's only a band-aid, I know it's not an ideal world where everyone can get the best therapies e.t.c. but in truth it doesn't work forever and many people (such as myself) end up with inter-dose withdrawals and 'psychological dependence', ("OMG I FORGOT TO PACK MY XANAX HOW WILL I COPE?"). Compared to the withdrawals I experienced (no seizures thank god), the anxiety that made me go to the doc in the 1st place was very minor. I would advise use for no more than a month."

Matt Hopland (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Let's be honest guys if you have anxiety you know too well it's the only thing that helps. I've tried several others medications for my anxiety but non of them worked so well as xanax. I've tried Paxil Amitriptyline Zyprexa Celexa Seroquel. All of them were a waste of time. The only problem with xanax is that it is addictive and becomes really easily habit forming because it WORKS!"

❤️ (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dysautonomia: "Not only does it help my anexiety, but it also helps to relax the muscles in my back. I broke my back in 2002 was sent home on a Saturday morning at 10 am from a 15 foot fall breaking my 2 and 3 lower lumbar vertabras in my lower back. I was given 2 demerol pills for the whole weekend, and told to go see my family Dr for full time pain management. Thats Canadian Health Care for you. Wouldn't even give me a perscription to get me through the weekend just 2 demerol pills. I have been taking four 0.5mg a day and I have been able to cut my pain medication in almost half ( Fentanyl and Dilaudid.)"

Cherrie0777 (taken for 10 years or more) December 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I'm 21, a male, and I can't tell you how much Xanax has given me my life back. I was so consumed with panic attacks and, when I'd have one, I'd suffer the most terrifying symptoms (severe vertigo, shakiness all over my body, high blood pressure, racing thoughts, faintness, tunnel vision, and an overall feeling of doom. I thought I was going to die. The anxiety, social anxiety, and panic attacks controlled my life. But now it's the other way around! Taking one 0.5 mg tablet immediately stops a panic attack in its tracks. Not only does Xanax take away my anxiety, but it "cleanses" my mind, body, and puts me back on track. It's changed my life so positively. No side effects or addiction. I can finally LIVE now!"

JesseAtPeace (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "It helps my anxiety disorder and i broke my back and had 12 hours spinal surgeryso now im loaded in metal and now it even helps me with the pain"

Cherrie0777 (taken for 10 years or more) November 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "In my late teenage years I started getting panic attacks so incapacitating I would go to the ER because I thought I was about to have a heart attack. I was having heart palpitations, dizziness, nausea, my hands and feet became tingly. These attacks would come on out of nowhere and last up to ten hours. when I would go to the ER they said my vitals were fine and that it was all "in my head". I found a DR and was prescribed 1 MG to take as needed. I take half when I feel an attack coming on and it stops it. I haven't had a panic attack since I started taking it. It truly has saved my life, I take it maybe 3-5 times a month (3 MG tops a month) and have had 0 bad side effects nor any addictive tendencies."

Thankful Patient (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have been using Xanax for the last 7 months, I don't know how to thank my doctor for prescribing this medication to me. I suffered from being lonely and scared if I will die, I panic for every little thing, now I take every night 0.5mg Xanax, is there anyone to let me know if you taking Xanax for a long time."

Cindy Gaschi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "This med helped me to go back to a stressful job after burnout.I am so grateful to have had this to deal with stress++++.I was able to function well.but not get panicked or be exhausted by the stressful Work in a hospital..5mg per day was so helpful."

D J M (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "I am 19 years old, turning 20 next month, and i have panic disorder for a long time. Im gay and my life was not easy at all, my dad doesnt support me and then i got also depression. I take this medication for about 2 years now and i can tell you: it works so good and it saved my life. I was afraid of going out in public, working, etc. My life was terrible with all my anxiety attacks and that was destroying my life. If you feel the same, talk to your doc and ask for xanax, but DO NOT TAKE without prescription. IT IS a drug and you must control it!!!!"

tylerhanderson November 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Xanax is the "devil drug". I have taken it for over 15 years and it has done nothing but make things worse. For those of you saying it's a miracle drug, please do your research!!! It ruins your brain chemistry and Is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE.(I can't stress that enough) For those who have been taking the drug for over a couple of months, your gonna have horrible withdrawal symptoms when you decide to stop. Benzodiazepines are the ONLY drug that you can actually die coming off of! Trust me!!"

Rudy1mmm November 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I started taking Xanax in 1992 after having a heart catheter that went wrong. I went into V Tach after that I suffered from arrhythmia daily and panic attacks, ending up in the hospital a few times.. First the arrhythmia starts which brings on panic attacks. I realize now this is all PTSD. My new internist put me on Xanax at. 025mg which had little results then upped to 0.50mg which I take one twice a day. 24 years later I'm still on it taking same dosage. Tried going off a few times unsuccessfully. New doctor lowered it to one day. Hoping for the best."

JunoRick (taken for 10 years or more) November 12, 2016