User Reviews for Alprazolam (Page 4)

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia 4 reviews 53 medications

Depression 74 reviews 79 medications

8.6
Summary of Alprazolam reviews 797 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Alprazolam

For Tinnitus: "I have been suffering from tinnitus for years. It was pretty bearable when I first experienced it; however, I fell on the ice a few years ago and hit the back of my head and neck. I developed vertigo, which has gotten much better but the tinnitus was still unbearable. I tried Xanax to calm my anxiety and found it to greatly help my tinnitus. I was afraid of getting addicted to it but I only take a small dose and don't take it everyday. When I don't take it, the tinnitus is pretty bad. I don't know if it is because the anxiety is so bad and it helps that but it certainly reduces the volume of the tinnitus."

Angela O January 23, 2016

For Anxiety: "Works great for me, cause I've been on every anxiety, panic disorder, depression medicine on the market. Prestiq and wellbutrin which I am on now. Xanax saved my life so far for panic attacks The $1.20 is for 90 2mg which for me is a 30 day supply, yes my anxiety is that bad. I tried to explain my story but something was acting up and stopped me when I got to the important part. I'll try explaining later"

Kbanana (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 21, 2016

For Anxiety: "This drug has destroyed my life! Taking it as prescribed for years has left me totally dependant and without hope. I've tried to taper off unsuccessfully many times. When on it at full strength I am despondent. There are blanks in my mind during which time people I love the most say I have behaved in ways that were contrary to my nature and core values. It seems as though I have permanent brain damage. My doctor says the safest way to attempt the protracted withdrawal process can only be attempted in a qualified facility which my Medicare will not cover. This drug ruined my chance at ever having a normal life. I have no friends, my only child abandoned me. No spouse. I hope I will manage to get off it."

Dixie NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE January 20, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have been on Xanax for about 30 years now. I have suffered with anxiety since I was a child and depression later in life. I started out only taking 0.5 mg a day, even going for periods of time without taking it at all, and then over the past 15 years I have graduated to only 1.5 mg a day. I feel no need for an increase. I suffer with all the usual anxiety symptoms, but one symptom that is most annoying is the choking sensation I feel in my throat. I believe I carry my stress and worries there. When I take Xanax, it takes this terrible feeling away. I find it extremely difficult to get a doctor to prescribe me this medicine as I moved to another state. The people who abuse this drug make it extremely difficult for those of us who need it."

lamb1111 (taken for 10 years or more) January 16, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Hello everybody. I'm only giving Xanax a 1 out of 10 because it doesn't seem to have any effect on me. I've been getting it every month for a few years. I started it back when, after taking Paxil for a decade, it started to decrease its effectiveness and my anxiety and panic attacks were beginning to re-appear. My psych switched me to Effexor, and while we were figuring out the best dose in combination with Buspar, I was desperate to have a fast-acting solution to the panic when I felt it coming on. He gave me Xanax, but it didn't help with the overwhelming anxiety unless I took a few of them, and even then the improvement was minimal to moderate. When I found the magic dosage amount with the Effexor my anxiety all but disappeared.."

Mikek1 January 11, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "My doctor threw every anti depressant medication my way they ALL made my depression worse to the point I had suicidal thoughts and tendencies. My mother had it with the Drs changing my dose and meds so finally she gave me some of her own prescribed xanax. She gave me a .25 when I had my bad day about 7 days out of the month now as needed. I also have nervous habits, anxiety. When she started giving me the xanax I was 17. Before I would cry hysterically for hours on end. As soon as I tried xanax it all went away. No more mood swings my depression went way down only having a few issues a month when I was untreated. I am now 28 and I use it maybe 4-6 times a year and I use oils the others. I highly recommend not using it continuously."

gethelptoday January 11, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I started on Xanax after the birth of my second child for post partum anxiety. I used Ativan after my first baby but my new doctor wanted me to try Xanax. I thought it worked great at first. .25 my 4 x a day. Most days I only took 2 or 3. My baby developed colic issues and my husband was working 60 -70 hours a week so I had no help and was going crazy from no sleep and endless hours of non-stop crying so they upped my dose to .5 mg 3 x a day. Things calmed down around 3 months so I tried to cut back down but ended up with severe panic attacks and shaking, etc. Even when I take my regular dose on time I am still struggling with increased heart rate, shakiness, irritability, etc. Hoping to switch meds or something at my next appointment."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I started taking Xanax over ten years ago for my anxiety. I started with .5 mg twice a day and ended up at .5 mg every 4 hours and still felling like I needed more as I was addicted. I had one heck of a time weaning off. I now take 1/2 of a .25 mg tablet every 3 to 4 hours when needed for my tinnitus. It works to lessen the anxiety caused by the constant ringing in my ears and I try some days to take it only once or twice. It has worked great for me but I suggest being very conservative with your dosing because it is very easy to build a tolerance and form an addiction."

D in NM January 7, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I suffer from moderate, sometimes severe anxiety. General life stress, such as my job (bad bosses), my kids arguing over any & everything, etc... I've been on Xanax (alprozolam) for about 2 years on & off. Recently I've started experiencing panic attacks with psychotic features (self-diagnosing here) and as soon as I take a .5mg Xanax tablet, I'm fine within 5-10 minutes. This little tablet has been a lifesaver for me."

Landonsmommy14 January 4, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I have been taking Xanax for about one month now, and my life has drastically changed. I get really bad hot flashes and when I started taking this I noticed immediate results. One huge tip I have is to eat really healthy, and also on days where you have time take xanax and go workout hard. Run on the treadmill, lift weights, or swim. With all these things incorporated into my life I am much happier, have my social life back and I am able to show my natural talents without the fear of doom."

Lovelyso January 4, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "If I could give Xanax more stars, I would. I have Panic Disorder and during college, panic disorder with mild Agoraphobia. After being prescribed Xanax, whenever I felt the onset of a panic attack emerging, this medication would save me from spiraling into a cycle of uncontrolled panic.My agoraphobia is gone. I would only recommend taking it as needed. I couldn't be happier with my results and I can live a normal life knowing I have my 'security blanket' if I need it."

panicbegone (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 3, 2016

Xanax XR (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Xanax XR (2mg every morning) has controlled my anxiety and panic attacks since 2008. One of the SSRIs I tried worked (Zoloft), but the side effects were unacceptable. The XR does not have those side effects and keeps working at a constant dose, though I occasionally need .5mg Xanax PRN. Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapy and Mindfulness Meditation have helped, too, but they are not enough."

Calmer Person (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 3, 2016

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "My wife uses Xanax. She is bipolar II. She has a lot of depression and anxiety but not much hypomania. She takes two 1mg when she is having a really bad day which is about every other day. It knock her out for about four hours. Often times she will wake up and then about 4 hours later, she needs to take another Xanex. It helps in emergencies but does nothing for the underlying cause of her severe depression and anxiety. I'm glad it's there for emergencies though. I wish it did something to decrease the frequency of emergencies."

Swpo January 1, 2016

For Anxiety: "Hi I've been on Xanax for 20 years I have a problem with low self-esteem due to chronic psoriasis. People staring at me feeling like an freak. Besides that I have always felt nervous inside, can't slow myself down. My mind can't focus always over thinking. So I started out on .25 mg through the years I kept needing my dosage increased. Now I take 2mg three times a day. Usually 2 times. Yes it's addicting but it works for me. I don't get high from them . They just keep my mind and body feeling more normal to me. I don't slur my words or sleep all the time. So they works for me and I'm thankful! Without Xanax I start to panic big-time and that scares me. So if they work for you then take them. Yes I addicted to them but I need them."

Willowlake (taken for 10 years or more) December 29, 2015

For Anxiety: "I take this whenever I'm out where there will be loads of people or crowding. It stops my anxiety attacks from becoming full blown. I feel relaxed and at ease, but when I take more than 2 pills in a day I start to feel drowsy and nauseous. But I rarely take more than 2, I love this medication, it works great for social anxiety."

noweh December 21, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "All started when I was about 18 years young. All typical symptoms - racing thoughts, palpitations, high blood pressure, dizzines, fear, choking feeling, chest tightness, fear of death and many other unbearable things which happens when anxiety becomes uncontrollable! Over the years I have had my good days and my bad days. Sometimes to a point where I don't want to live anymore, but then comes good days and to live is the thing I want the most. For those dark moments when close to panic xanax has really helped me! It gets me a bit calmer straight away, and then I can start breathing excercise and other little things which help to calm down. Without xanax I honestly wouldn't know what to do!"

EduardsR December 13, 2015

For Tinnitus: "I took clonazepam instead of xanax, but they are in the same family. I found it greatly helped my tinnitus. I was ready to lose my mind when I first got tinnitus from a virus in my inner ear 12 years ago. I swear clonazepam saved my life, as I was struggling with the idea of living with tinnitus forever. Anyone considering it should be aware that benzos are addictive and can have long-term negative side effects - I didn't realize it at the time. I'm now tapering off clonazepam, as I hope to be able to handle the tinnitus with meditation, Effexor (anti-depressant and anti-anxiety drug) and a stubborn will. I do not regret using clonazepam for 12 years, but be aware going off it can be difficult. Most doctors aren't aware it helps tinnitus!"

Robyn25 December 12, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: " xanax forums are full of how xanax can be so strong for some people. to me it was like a sledgehammer over my head. I woke 6 hours later with no recollection of what went on other than I slept. this was a low dose. It is either panic or been knocked out. Where are all these pleasant experiences I hear about?"

Neme December 11, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I've been suffering from General Anxiety Disorder for over 30 years. I was on Lexapro which was controlling my anxiety wonderfully. I was laid of from my job after 28 years working there. I then found a new job but because it was change and new I had a massive panic/anxiety attack and quit the job after 3 days. My psychiatrist then prescribed Xanax along with the Lexapro. I was taking 40 mg of Lexapro and .75mg of Xanax daily, the combination has worked for the last 6 years. However now I have another new job and had another massive panic/anxiety attack. The combination of Lexapro and Xanax is no longer working. I am now trying 20mg of Brintellix and 3mg of Chlonopin. I'm hoping this works in order to keep my job."

salvatop December 8, 2015

For Depression: "Xanax helps improve my mood, but only when I'm really anxious. Otherwise, it does nothing for my mood and actually causes my psychomotor retardation to become worse. If your depression is heavily influenced by your anxiety, this drug will probably work well for you. Otherwise, unless your depression causes significant agitation, I'd suggest staying away from this drug."

TheInsecureFrog December 7, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I've always suffer with anxiety, but I've been able to control it. I've been out of work for 3 weeks, with a phobia of going back, because I had a panic attack, & I was exposed, and people were watching. My secret was out. Rewind - 3 weeks ago I had a kidney infection, I was in the hospital for 5 days, home for 5 days, then went directly back to a stressful job. That's where it happened the attack.. people were surrounding me and causing me more stress, I was put back in the hospital. I'm now on buspar, and xanax. Buspar I have my negative thoughts on that, not sure it's helping or not dizzy spells. But the Xanax does help with the anxiety. It makes me super sleepy and groggy. I'm seeing a therapist and psychiatrist, pray 4 me"

mind your 2 cents (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax simply stops to work when taken too long on a daily basis. At that point, one reaches "tolerance," and the medication is simply no longer effective at that dose. Many psychiatrists tend to keep prescribing Xanax and other benzodiazepines at this point (strong, addictive tranquilizers that lead to dementia and Alzheimer's) as maintenance meds. It is then up to you to realize how bad they are and wean yourself off them, going through years and years of dangerous withdrawal. The best solution is don't even start! XANAX: NOT EVEN ONE!"

BundangBear December 2, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I am giving it 10, because it simply works, and it's the best med out there for anxiety. Bad thing is.. it's very addictive . I have been taking it for almost a year now, on and off, 0.5 if I feel very anxious before going to bed. Yes withdrawals can be bad, but don't listen to all the bad things people say when going off, if you need it you take it.. My mother has been on this med for 10 years as prescribed. If you don't abuse it. You have no reason to be scared. Cheers A!"

Anxiousman91 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2015

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Thankfully I only took this med for a few weeks and at the lowest dose possible. I was taking .25 mg 2-3 times a day for a few weeks until my long term anxiety medication started to kick in. This medication truly does help for extreme anxiety and panic attacks but should only be used short-term. The use of this medication for any longer than a month on a daily basis is a recipe for disaster, this drug can be very addicting and is really hard to come off after long-time use. Luckily I researched this drug and knew this shortly after taking it so I was aware, because the doctors never informed me of the risks."

lionsgirl616 November 27, 2015

For Anxiety: "I've been taking Xanax as needed since I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety, panic disorder, and a mild case of PTSD. I take .25 mgs, but I usually have to take 2 or 3 when I'm having an episode of high anxiety and/or panic. My doctor won't up the dosage. It works very well for what it is intended for. It has always been helpful for me to take before doing something that I know will trigger anxiety in me. Since I don't use it as a drug to take daily, I have to also take Sertraline (Zoloft) every night. The sertraline helps keep me balanced while I use the alprazolam when something triggering is happening or going to happen. For what I need it for, it works great. Calms me down within 30 minutes."

JourdanS November 27, 2015