User Reviews for Alprazolam (Page 4)

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Learn more about Alprazolam.

Dysautonomia 5 reviews 53 medications

8.6
Borderline Personality Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Alprazolam reviews 878 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Alprazolam

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I deal with an aniexty disorder. Where I fear anything that has anything to do with the Apocalypse or other things like bad things in the news or conspiracy theories. When I first tried Xanax. It blew my mind. Before it I wouldn't eat or sleep because I was so worried. Now I take it when I need to and it makes me focus on things at hand."

Darkthrone1996 September 18, 2016

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "I had always heard the negative jargon of Xanax, and was afraid to take it because I was afraid I would be addicted and unable to control it. Eventually things were to tough and I was in one of the darkest points of my life. So I broke down and talk with my doctor about giving it a try. It totally changed my life. It helped me to focus more at work. It helped manage my anxiety so my mind could rest and I could sleep. I could see how this medication could be misused it's important to take as prescribed."

RexuallElam (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 16, 2016

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "In 2001, I started feeling like I was having a heart attack twice a month. I ended up in the ER & was admitted. I happen to be one of the lucky females who suffers from hormonal anxiety. I was given all the tests possible, stayed overnight & discharged with my first script of the smallest dose of xanax. I have used it only AS NEEDED since then and to this day it still helps me at the smallest dose once a day. I have gone through some very serious rough patches in my life which had me taking this, at most, 1.5 pills maybe four days in a row. It works so well that I can't ever imagine taking it more often than needed ~ why would you want to mess up something that works?? The key is taking it as prescribed, just like any medication."

TStewart14Fan (taken for 10 years or more) September 13, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "best drug for what i got, my attacks are worse in the morning for some reason yes idiots abuse it and makes it hard for people that really need it, the doctors are to scared to prescribe it, what good are they then?"

oxox September 10, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I take Xanax as needed for anxiety or panic attacks and have for years. My Dr. prescribed as needed every 8 hours .25mg. It works great for me! I used to "fear" getting addicted but at times a year has passed and I have to discard the pills. It all depends on what is going on in my life and how I respond. I also am on Paxil 37.5 for anxiety which at time I still need additional coverage. I am thankful my Dr. Was able to assist me lead a closer to normal life."

SheShe#918 September 6, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Before I was prescribed xanax I weighed 90 pounds, bags under my eyes, couldn't get out of bed, had no appetite, dehydrated, couldn't leave the house, or even speak to anyone. I have SEVERE anxiety and depression & also suffer from PTSD.... thoughts on suicide were everyday and I had to be basically babysat 24-7 to make sure I didn't do anything stupid. I don't understand why everyone talks about the negative effects of this pill when people like ME actually need it to function and live a happy lifestyle. Since taking it, I've gained healthy weight, no longer throw up from anxiety, i have friends now, and do activities i never thought i would without having panic attacks. Its a great feeling to be able to live again. Thank you XANAX"

anxietysuksss (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 4, 2016

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for : "I lost my brother to Xanax- know the side effects before you start on this deadly drug. It is lethal - my brother started having serious side effects from this drug - suicidal side effects- he ended up jumping of a 163 foot bridge. I warn everyone out there to educate yourself on this drug before taking it."

Marciamaloney September 2, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I urge anyone to start on the smallest dose as I was pleasantly surprised that a tiny nibble of 2mg worked amazingly quick and helped curtail a full blown attack. I have taken a full 2 mg at once when panic attack was at worst. I simply fell asleep and awoke with same anxiety. If I take the small dose as I feel the attack coming on, it just stops. I know everyone is different but I have always been within the mindset that the stronger the better with meds. That has not been the case with Zanax for me. I also keep in mind this is a med that your body will eventually need more of for equal benefit. It's a miracle med for those who have unexplained fear. It has saved my marriage!"

Kbs3b (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2016

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I've been taking this medicine for 7 years. I only take the1mg pill when I'm having a panic attack. Sometimes more than other times. For me it is a God sent. That horrible tightness in your chest, and shortness in breath is unbearable. However I can see how someone could get hooked on this drug."

kkaskie2001 August 25, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Started at 24. Took it until 44. It's the only medication that ever worked for me. I was a guinea pig for 6 months. 2 days after taking it, it was a miracle medicine. I actually called my Dr thanking him. I had finally gotten the elephant off my chest. Never abused it, sometimes dealing with anxiety so as not to get addicted. Are there any Drs left that will prescribe real, working medication for people who really need but do not abuse it. I do not need a psychiatrist, I just need (as one put it) one in hand just in case. Doctors today think it's taboo to even mention this medication. I'm not 15 nor do I abuse it. I take a 1 mg at night and sleep like a rock. Hey Drs, this medicine works!!!"

Cummins Turbo August 23, 2016

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "To me Xanax was a lifesaver. In August 2011 I suddenly collapsed and was in hospital for 2 weeks and then had about 6 months of tests which I was finally diagnosed with vestibular lesion which is ringing in ears and balance disorder due to a problem with nerves. I was only getting 2 hours a night sleep on 5 Valium due to this and my body would just jerk most the time iI was about to go to sleep.I was starting to think life not worth living. I came across Xanax with my friend giving me 0.5mg early 2013 and i had my best sleep in 18 months. I spoke to my doctor and he agreed in my situation that xanax would be helpful as it does calm the nerves so 42 months later still taking but now been on 1mg for past 18 months and now have some life."

Roscoe0066 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 18, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Depression: "I was prescibed Xanax and it works well for things like panic attacks. I do not like that it makes me loopy by taking my prescibed mg, and if I cut it in half I feel that it doesn't work at all. Xanax works very well for short term anxiety and if highly addictive so it is best to take it when you absolutely NEED it. A Prn that is supposed to work like Xanax but isn't addictive starts with a V so ask your doctor about that. :)"

Kelsey916 August 16, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I used to honestly be completely against pharmaceuticals in every sense, until I developed panic disorder. I have intrusive thoughts, and experience hypochondria and dissociation literally for hours on end or off and on throughout the entire day. It's nearly impossible to even live a normal life feeling this way. After talking a .5 mg xanax, within 10 minutes, all of those negative feelings start to dissipate. It has truly been a miracle drug for me and has changed my life for the better."

Kah665 August 15, 2016

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I was 53 years old living a normal happy life when my son (then 18) was diagnosed with major depression. A few weeks later he had a psychotic episode and he left my life out of the blue severing all contact with me ever since. This had a serious effect on my mental health and within 3 months I started having anxiety or panic attacks. I did not know what they were. It was all novel to me. After a few difficult months I went to a psychiatrist and he put me on alprazolam (Xanax) in a reduced dosage of 0.25 mg as necessary. It did provide serious relief. I take it no more than once a day at most. It was a life saver. Yet it deals with the symptoms of anxiety it doesn't resolve your underlying issues. Yet it was a fantastic help. Recommended."

Peter129 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 15, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Xanax saved me. Apprehensive about taking meds but broke down after it got so bad I didn't even want to take the covers off my head with my eyes clenched shut just fearing every day because I knew anxiety, fear of everything under the sun and panic attacks would rule my day. I was told I needed to be on long term anxiety drugs so I tried lexapro and ended up in the er with side effects so horrific I don't even want to think of it now. Xanax is basically a quick fix to calm the anxiety but it's the only thing I'm willing to take and over time I broke out of the nightmare I was living. I still have bouts of anxiety but as long as I have Xanax on hand I know I'll be ok. I never had any bad side effects except for being tired. Trade is worth it"

Andiee (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 15, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dysautonomia: "Alprazolam (Xanax) helps me in way more the one. I quit having blood pooling in my arms and legs, no more being lightheaded all the time, I can actually stand comfortable for more than 3 minutes, and I don't feel like I'm out of breathe and can't breathe! Before I started taking xanax I was bedridden most of the time and that's a difficult task when you have a 5 and 8 year old!!! But yes, alprazolam has saved me!"

Pots Princess August 15, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "Was prescribed xanax (alprazolam) for GAD. First few months were a godsend. After I became dependent on them, the doctor- apparently not understanding the slightest thing about dependence- upped the dosage several times. I noticed that my anxiety seemed to be getting worse and I was afraid to leave the house- a problem I had never had before. Took me a while to realize the elephant in the room- it was the "anti-anxiety" drugs! After withdrawing from the drugs- which fortunately was easy compared to the nightmare I have seen some people describe, I noticed I felt less anxious and in general, more "alive". If you feel like your anxiety isn't improving after long term benzo use- the root of your problem may be the drugs themselves!"

James Holden (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 8, 2016

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I have been on Lorazapam over 20yrs. HAD a cardiologist once tell me, heart A-OK.if get severe pain mimicing a male heart attack, take 1. Wait 5 min. Passes, it's anxiety. It worked! Not much other. Need lower start.dose too high (hands/feet)VERY Numb, shaking right."

36èr (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "My doc started me on alprazolam about a year ago for insomnia.-, but it was anxiety that kept me awake. I take one or two 0.5 pills and I am able to fall asleep more easily. I also take one pill during the day if I feel edgy. I recognize early onset symptoms because I had panic attacks (untreated) for over 40 yrs. I used alcohol for years until I realized the damage it did to my body. I used pain pills for awhile, stopped and then was prescribed alprazolam."

old goodie August 6, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I was given xanax in the hospital when people at work thought I was having a heart attack. My anxiety shot up so bad, my heart rate was 170. Been on 2 mg a day ever since (this happen 2 months ago). I only take 1 1/2 mg a day & it works for me. I feel like I have control of my life again. I have heard stories & seen people on it who over take it but if you take it as prescribed, it works."

Karen N (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2016

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "I have chronic panic disorder/ agoraphobia ,if not for this drug I would be dead,now with all the conflict goin on about it ,I won't survive,im a 60 year old man who has been on 3 to 4mgs a day,how inhuman these new doctors are."

Bill515 (taken for 10 years or more) August 3, 2016

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "Helps emenlsy and quickly but you can have seizures if you take everyday then abruptly cut yourself off. From twitches. Mind hurts and yes sezuires. But it helps me with the traumas I've been threw."

Pink-MHPZ! (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 30, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Panic Disorder: "Just wanted to give my experience with Xanax so far. I started having genuine anxiety attacks and all-day anxiety episodes about two months ago. But there were definitely signs of a building anxiety disorder before that. As opposed to normal anxiety, which we should all try to cope with as best as possible without unnecessary drugs. But these attacks had become all-day, distracting, genuinely life-disrupting experiences, tense muscles, constant intrusive thoughts, inability to concentrate on other things, etc. At that point, there's something wrong, and it needs to be diagnosed. Xanax works like a tourniquet for your mind - and sometimes you just need that. It won't cure the underlying issues, but it'll give your mind space to recuperate."

Darren Ronard June 30, 2016

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I have taken Xanax for about 25 years but only as needed. There are many years I never took any & there are years I took it for a few weeks to help with my Anxiety, stress of having a child with a deadly disease & the depression that ensues. I usually take the .5mg & cut it in half and only use it 1-2 times a day, occasionally 3 halves a day. It soothes me & helps my constantly chattering, negative mind take a break. I have tried SSRIs & have symptoms of being allergic to them, so can't take them, ie muscle twitching, rash & itching. So, Xanax is my only recourse. I know it an be addictive so am very careful to take it only as needed, short courses, & usually about half the amount the Dr. prescribes. It has helped me greatly."

Keep Fighting June 29, 2016

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Xanax (alprazolam) for Anxiety: "I started taking Xanax .25 mg for generalized anxiety over the past few days and it has helped me feel relaxed, less worried and happy also hasn't affected me with any crazy side effects. (Which I was afraid of happening) I was so scared to take them but my anxiety was getting out of control so I figured I would give it a try and see how my body handles it. I'm going to continue taking one a day since it seems to be helping a lot. I don't worry and I feel calm, the pill does wear off after a few hrs and takes about 20-30 mins to kick in but my dr says it's safe to take another one as needed. I'm also doing counseling too and it is very helpful as well. Definitely recommend this for anxiety!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2016