User Reviews for Alirocumab

High Cholesterol, Familial Homozygous
5.5

Summary of Alirocumab reviews 6.2 55 reviews

Reviews for Alirocumab

Praluent (alirocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I've been taking Praluent 75 for 2 months now and report no side effects. I take ibupropen before the injection so I don't feel the small bee sting feeling in my leg. I am 70 yrs old and hope to take the injection forever to prevent another heart attack and a $55,000 bill for 2 days in the hospital. 10-10-2018. Express Scripts just sent me a letter approving my prescription."

mk3509 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I'm a 64 yr old male. I have had 2 MI (heart attacks)... first at age 46, the second at age 61 which resulted in me having a CABGX3 (Coronary artery bypass graft surgery - three grafts. I have been taking 75mg Praluent for about 5 months at twice monthly injections. Over the last few injections I have noticed a slight increase in muscle pain in legs and lower back. I also feel pain and discomfort in abdominal area. Anyone notice abdominal discomfort as well?"

Bazzle October 12, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I have had two shots getting ready for my third not sure if I want to take it because I've had chills, headache nausea a lot also aching. I'm going to get my blood test tomorrow to see if it's lowered it enough for me to keep taking this cuz the side effects for me are horrible. Also my blood pressure goes from being high to drastically low."

Me October 11, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I am a heart patient. I’ve had one heart attack and another one milder one a year ago. I have taken two injections with not too many noticeable side effects. Maybe some isolated aches and pains and maybe a little tightness in my chest. After the 1st week of the second injection. I checked my BP 169/95, checked again the 2nd day. 159/99. Way too high for a heart patient! Then it goes down too low. 95/69 etc. I have done reported this to the FDA. I don’t need this. I called my doc and was told by a nurse to increase my BP meds but I told them NO!. Not till I talk to my regular heart doc and primary care doc in person. I’m done with this med for now. If I am going to die I would rather die from not taking this med. If I die from taking this med, what’s the point? I don’t think a long range study on side effects from this med has been done. It hasn’t been out long enough."

arcey October 8, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "My total cholesterol dropped from 206 to 109 after 3 shots. No side affects however dr still has me taking Crestor 40mg and zetia 10 mg. Anyone else on both drugs."

Ski (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 4, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "I'm a 53 year old male I've had quadruple bypass , stints and been diabetic for 43 years Started taking three months ago haven't had blood work yet for results. But the side effects been having a sore nose also sores inside my nose and bumps on my body with very large swelling . I never had this before taking Pradulent "

mmmhj (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I had been taking statins for years and worked my way through all the brands with multiple side effects. I have injected myself with three doses of Praluent over a six week period and my cholesterol has come down 60% and let have had no side effects."

tammy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I have been on Praluent for 3 months and my cholesterol has gone up from 8 to 12.4!.....LDL has gone into double figures too. Have been changed onto another injection. Bitterly disappointed."

Dissapointed (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "Praluent ruined my life! I was diagnosed with familial hypercholesterolemia and was prescribed Praluent by the cardiologist. If I knew then what I know now I would have never have taken this poison. From the moment I took my first & last Praluent injection my heart started beating rapidly, my chest tightened up, short of breath, severe stomach pain, anxiety and vomiting! I was admitted to the hospital and doctors had no idea what Praluent is and I had to explain while I was in critical condition. Their advise was don't take anymore injection and wait until the Praluent gets out of my system which can take up to 3 months! Three months have passed and I am now in constant pain! I'm on strong pain killers, steroids and anti nausea medication. I also developed hypertension and I can't seem to bring it down even with meds! I don't think I will ever recover from this. If anyone had similar experience and had treatment for the horrible life changing side effects please share it with us."

CholAlex (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "I have been taking praluent since September 2015. I lowered my total cholesterol and LDL with improved HDL level. Very please except I started to have muscle cramps everywhere in my arms, back, shoulder and abdomen. Right now the cramps are not bothering me much and hoping that they will go away."

Karkour (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 5, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "Taking a statin was toxic to my body. Now taking Praluant,,,,live changing. LDL 40, Total Chol 132."

WW (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 14, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for High Cholesterol: "After 15 years on statins I could not accept Iiving with the continuous aches and pains. After three months on Praluent I feel fine, no noticeable side affects, no problem with injections. Cholesterol numbers reduced dramatically."

Lon (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for High Cholesterol: "LDL from 132 to 40, 30 days after 2nd injection with Livalo oral."

Dave July 16, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for High Cholesterol: "My total cholesterol has dropped from 268 to 125! The “all important” LDL (bad cholesterol) has been reduced from 184 to 50! Dramatic reductions in just 6 weeks on 150mg every two weeks. My HbA1c is essentially the same at 6.6 (was 6.7)...not bad. Kidney, liver- all stable and ok. No side effects at all with Praluent. Statins are toxic to my system--not just side effects, but toxic."

EdE (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I'm 54 year old male, average weight, healthy active lifestyle but diagnosed with Hyperlipidemia. Statin drug intolerant. Been on Praluent 6 weeks. LDL went from 212 to 57, HDL from 36 to 44. Negative side effects at all. Fantastic results!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for High Cholesterol, Familial Heterozygous: "I used this drug for over a year with good results for my cholesterol, but then developed an allergic reaction to it. The first time it occurred it was bad, but I mistook it for indigestion. The following dose there was no doubt. A few hours after taking the shot I became very nauseous. Had diarrhea, reflux vomiting and bad pain in my stomach and pancreas. Did not take it again."

MtGrandma (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 21, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: "Leg muscles tightened up so bad could barely walk"

BOB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 4, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for High Cholesterol: "This drug is great. I have been on it for 3 months and had my first blood test. My cholesterol went from 277 to 130 and no side effects."

Steve (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I have been on this drug for 3 mo. Everytime I inject---for 36 hours I get leg pain and hand cramps and feel very tired. I am unable to sleep due to the leg pain and both hands have severe spasms. Joints seem to be getting worse with movement in tennis and pickle ball . I am going to see my doctor and stop this medication. Will have to do diet alone because all statins cause body spasms and cramps"

JJ2905 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I'm a 53 yes old female, I've had two heart attacks back in 2015. Also diabetic and other chronic illness. My doctor prescribed this medication about four months ago, at first I didn't take it something made me weary. I don't tolerate statins. Just this week took my third dose. The side effects are horrible the pain is unbearable. My memory is a mess. I can't literally hold a cup in my hands. Lower back pain, legs are weak if I move an arm it feels like it's being broken , my shoulders hurt my neck hurts, literally I'm not able to function at all. I will not take this medication ever again calling my doctor tomorrow and letting him know, that I'm practically in pain 24/7. I refuse to be this ill."

Melly (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I am a 64yr old female. I did my first shot yesterday. Had to go to ER with very high bp, rapid hear bears, swollen eye lids, jittery, head and neck pain, itching, red skin. It was a negative experience"

Love (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for High Cholesterol: "My Cholesterol was higher 5 for years when it should have been under 5 to be normal. Unable to take stations, it was 7.4 when I started on Praulent. 9 months later, my cholesterol was down to 4.53, and no noticeable side effects. I have always been prone to sinus infections, but the number of incidences or severity has not increased."

Lady B (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 12, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I have been on praluent for about 18 months had some cramping in my hands ended up in the hospital last week with cellulitis. The infectious disease doctor said it happened when I gave myself the Praluent shot and it malfunctioned. I am thinking about seeing an attorney as I was in severe pain for several weeks. I am 75 years old"

HUGH March 6, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for High Cholesterol: "started Praluent 9/2015. Began cough/cold symptoms 1/2016. Injection every 2 wks. Symptoms got worse each time med was injected. 7/2016 Informed my Dr who said symptoms were unrelated. Between 8/2016 and 1/2017 went to the ER 5 times and spent 20 days in hospital. Bronchitis and autoimmune reaction. The med reduced LDL and destroyed my immune system. Had to receive infusion and still have very low IGG. Once I stopped it Took all of 2017 to start feeling a little better. Reported reaction to mfg and FDA. Thinking about seeking litigation advice."

RSU (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 6, 2018

Praluent (alirocumab) for High Cholesterol: "I posted here in Aug stating that due to pain in my legs, fatigue, backache etc I had stopped this med. On a recheck w/doc in Sept I found that my chol had risen to 410! So rebound was terrible; double what it was pre-praluent! I am now back on 75 mg and will be rechecked in Dec. I am already experiencing nasal/mucous issues and some back pain and fatigue altho not as bad as when on 150 mg. What I'm wondering is if anyone out there knows if this can cause long term severe problems and has anyone talked to their doc about these side effects and if so what were their comments please."

EDB (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2017