Enduron Side Effects
Generic name: methyclothiazide
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 12, 2022.
Note: This document contains side effect information about methyclothiazide. Some dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Enduron.
Applies to methyclothiazide: oral tablet.
Serious side effects of Enduron
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of high blood sugar like confusion, feeling sleepy, more thirst, more hungry, passing urine more often, flushing, fast breathing, or breath that smells like fruit.
- Signs of fluid and electrolyte problems like mood changes, confusion, muscle pain or weakness, a heartbeat that does not feel normal, very bad dizziness or passing out, fast heartbeat, more thirst, seizures, feeling very tired or weak, not hungry, unable to pass urine or change in the amount of urine produced, dry mouth, dry eyes, or very bad upset stomach or throwing up.
- Signs of a pancreas problem (pancreatitis) like very bad stomach pain, very bad back pain, or very bad upset stomach or throwing up.
- Signs of kidney problems like unable to pass urine, change in how much urine is passed, blood in the urine, or a big weight gain.
- Very bad dizziness or passing out.
- Blurred eyesight.
- A burning, numbness, or tingling feeling that is not normal.
- Shortness of breath.
- Feeling very tired or weak.
- Dark urine or yellow skin or eyes.
- Any unexplained bruising or bleeding.
- Fever or chills.
- Sore throat.
Other side effects of Enduron
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Not hungry.
- Feeling tired or weak.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to methyclothiazide: compounding powder, oral tablet.
Frequency not reported: Cramping, muscle spasm[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Transient blurred vision, xanthopsia[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Weakness, fever[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Glycosuria[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Restlessness[Ref]
More about Enduron (methyclothiazide)
- Check interactions
- Drug images
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: thiazide diuretics
Related treatment guides
1. "Product Information. Enduron (methyclothiazide)." Abbott Pharmaceutical (2001):
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.