Clobex Shampoo Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jan 20, 2021.
Generic name: Clobetasol propionate 0.05g in 100mL
Dosage form: shampoo
CLOBEX Shampoo, 0.05% is for topical use only, and not for ophthalmic, oral or intravaginal use.
CLOBEX Shampoo, 0.05%, should be applied onto dry (not wet) scalp once a day in a thin film to the affected areas only, and left in place for 15 minutes before lathering and rinsing.
The total dosage should not exceed 50 g (50 mL or 1.75 fl. oz.) per week.
Move the hair away from the scalp so that one of the affected areas is exposed. Position the bottle over the lesion. Apply a small amount of the shampoo directly onto the lesion, letting the product naturally flow from the bottle (gently squeeze the bottle), avoiding any contact of the product with the facial skin, eyes or lips. In case of contact, rinse thoroughly with water. Spread the product so that the entire lesion is covered with a thin uniform film. Massage gently into the lesion and repeat for additional lesion(s). Wash your hands after applying CLOBEX Shampoo, 0.05%.
Leave the shampoo in place for 15 minutes, then add water, lather and rinse thoroughly all parts of the scalp and body that came in contact with the shampoo (e.g., hands, face, neck and shoulders). Avoid contact with eyes and lips. Minimize contact to non-affected areas of the body. Although no additional shampoo is necessary to cleanse your hair, you may use a non-medicated shampoo if desired.
Treatment should be limited to 4 consecutive weeks. As with other corticosteroids, therapy should be discontinued when control is achieved. If complete disease control is not achieved after 4 weeks of treatment with CLOBEX Shampoo, 0.05%, treatment with a less potent topical steroid may be substituted. If no improvement is seen within 4 weeks, reassessment of the diagnosis may be necessary.
CLOBEX Shampoo, 0.05%, should not be used with occlusive dressings (shower cap or bathing cap) unless directed by a physician.
Frequently asked questions
- How often can I use it?
- Does it help hair growth?
- Spray, Lotion & Shampoo - Which one do I use?
- Does clobetasol cause hair loss or growth?
- How effective is it for hair growth?
- How do you apply clobetasol propionate for lichen sclerosus?
- How long does it take to work?
- What is clobetasol propionate cream used for?
- Halobetasol vs. clobetasol - how do they compare?
- What causes Plaque Psoriasis?
- How do you use clobetasol propionate on your scalp?
- Can you use clobetasol on your face?
- Clobetasol vs. triamcinolone - how do they compare?
- How long does clobetasol stay in your system?
- Can this drug make you gain weight?
More about Clobex (clobetasol topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 38 Reviews
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: topical steroids
- Latest FDA Alerts (1)
- Drug Information
- Clobex (Advanced Reading)
- Clobex (Clobetasol Lotion)
- Clobex (Clobetasol Shampoo)
- Clobex (Clobetasol Spray)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.