User Reviews for Desyrel

Major Depressive Disorder 4.0
Summary of Desyrel reviews 6.8 24 reviews

Reviews for Desyrel

Dutchess · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

For Sedation: “I was prescribed Trazadone so I could get to sleep-many nights of awake all night with no relief! I am a very healthy and active 76 year old woman. This drug is the worst excuse for "medicine" I have ever tried. I vomited all night, had the trots and the stabbing pains in my back, chest and acid burning stomach was the worst pain, including childbirth I had ever had. I really thought I was going to die. I took one (50mg) pill. I fell on the floor and was literally paralyzed. If I could have reach a phone I would have called 911. Don't take this trash-EVER.”

Antonio February 3, 2020

For Sedation: “50mg Desyrel took it to help sleep. Worked very quickly, but gave me stuffy nose. Also made me have weird dreams.”

Spikey'sMommy · Taken for 10 years or more September 16, 2016

For Sedation: “Unless I take this at bedtime, I have difficulty falling asleep as well as staying asleep. I am on the 50mg tabs, but usually only need to take half of the pill. Works VERY quickly, so It needs to be taken when in bed,and ready to sleep! It is just as effective now as it was many, many years ago when first prescribed, no need to adjust the dosage. It allows me to sleep later in the morning, and I no longer wake up every 2 hours. I take several other antidepressants during the day, but suffer from chronic pain, a good night's sleep makes a huge difference in my comfort level with no side effects either. I wake up feeling refreshed, ready to take on the day! I highly suggest you try this medication, if Dr suggests it.”

Kristy 1633 November 22, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: “This medication does not do anything for my fibromyalgia pain, it does lessen anxiety and treats insomnia. I was given six different sleep meds, none of the them worked. My sleep study showed 15 minutes as the longest period of of sleep that night. I went 6 days with only 2 hours on night 3. I thought I was going crazy. I can't explain how it feels to go that long without sleep. This medication was the one that finally knocked me out and kept me out. The problem is I sleep too long when I take it. The have fibromyalgia & multiple disc issues and bursitis in my hips. if I do not turn over frequently my back and hip pain increase radically. I slept like I was in a coma for 8 hours. I only take when sleep is more important than pain relief”

TommyPF October 21, 2014

For Anxiety: “I have anxiety disorder but I take it to sleep. It works very well to get a good night's sleep. One 50 mg pill at bedtime.”

legakris · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 29, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I am currently on the trazodone, and while it is not as effective as the Seroquel in terms of a sleep aid, it works well when augmented with Zoloft for depression.”

Lalau · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 14, 2014

For Fibromyalgia: “It has greatly helped with my ability to sleep.”

quackers 2 · Taken for less than 1 month April 25, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder: “This medication doesn't help depression.It also kept me up at night. I couldn't sleep all night. I went to the doctor to get a new anti-depressant.”

lovscrttrs · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 19, 2014

For Fibromyalgia: “I have had insomnia related to my fibromyalgia for sometime. When my doctor suggested I try trazadone I was skeptical. Now I never want to be without it. It has done wonders for my sleep and the quality of my sleep. No grogginess or trouble waking up. I would recommend it for those that have trouble both getting to sleep and staying asleep.”

veggiegirl77 · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 30, 2013

For Fibromyalgia: “This medicine helped me sleep. I felt tired most of the morning hours. I've tried varying doses. Now I'm trying to get off of it. I'm taking 5 HTP, which seems to help me. But it didn't do anything for my fibromyalgia.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2013

For Sedation: “I took it for insomnia. I'll give a two because it definitely knocked me out. I tried it for about a week or so and the side effects didn't go away. I was mindless - a zombie. I was interested in absolutely nothing. A friend would point out hot chicks walking by and the most I would give was a "meh". I did my school work, ate food, and sat around with friends - just sat there as everyone else had fun.”

John909 April 3, 2013

For Sedation: “I really like trazodone. It helps me sleep and makes me feel more like getting up the next day instead of wanting to stay in bed. There have been a few times however that I took 100 mgs instead of 50 and it made me so faint/lightheaded that I had to lay down in the floor where I was at. I couldn't make it to the bed. 100 mgs doesn't always do that but there have been 3 or 4 times that it did.”

nauseous nancy February 9, 2013

For Depression: “Trazodone felt good at night, and I slept well, but I would be so nauseous the next day that all I could eat was crackers and drink 7up, and I got the poops.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 14, 2012

For Fibromyalgia: “Couldn't live without it. Keeps me somewhat mobile, otherwise I'd be unable to get around, and unable to sleep at night.”

SickOfPillsGoGreen · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 11, 2012

For Anxiety: “Definitely puts you to sleep. Lay down, then take it.”

BrooklynNicole February 7, 2012

For Insomnia: “I was taking regular Trazodone on and off for a couple of years, it stopped working so my doctor switched me to Desyrel. It's a good pill for the fact that it does make you tired, but I'd make sure you're gonna get 8 or more hours of sleep before you take it. I was prescribed 100mg pills, and I only took half of a pill whenever I took it, and I had the hardest time waking up the next day. Also, with the reg Trazodone and with Desyrel, it took a long time for it to kick in for me (2 hours), but that might be because I have a high tolerance to pills. If you're new to this medicine, take it on the weekend, or whenever you can sleep in, so you can see how it works.”

hscolnik November 26, 2011

For Insomnia: “Worked well a few times but I developed a quick tolerance to it plus it caused my sinuses to swell which made it difficult to breathe through my nose.”

dragonflycat October 24, 2011

For Sedation: “I have been on trazodone for about five years, ever since I was going through a nasty downward spiral due to my personal situation at the time and couldn't sleep for three days/nights in a row. The doctor who prescribed it for me was an "old-time" doc who wasn't into unnecessary medication (or any, most of the time) but saw there was a need that day with me. The fact that it was also an antidepressant was also a plus (but ultimately it wasn't effective enough on its own for that purpose). Taking trazodone at night (50mg) plus 1/2 a typical Ambien pill helps me sleep a good five or six hours straight--beats the way I used to sleep and thought was normal for most of my life; waking up every two or three hours.”

Anonymous June 17, 2011

For Insomnia: “Very effective for me.”

jmnhhgh April 12, 2011

For Insomnia: “Great for insomnia.”

Anonymous March 26, 2011

For Insomnia: “I reluctantly started taking this for insomnia. Because I put up a fuss about it, my MD started me on 25mg at bedtime (half of a 50mg tablet.) So far, so good. I go to sleep, I stay asleep. What a gift.”

Anonymous September 28, 2010

For Fibromyalgia: “Did nothing for my Fibromyalgia.”

pyish September 25, 2010

For Fibromyalgia: “I have taken this medicine for 15 years. My pain is up and down depending on life's circumstances. It helps me fall asleep but the quality of my sleep is still poor. I have tried several times to withdraw from it or to change medications. I have never been able to because I end up not sleeping at all.”

Anonymous September 17, 2010

For Insomnia: “It worked very well in making me stay asleep but it gave me such a stuffy nose I had trouble falling asleep but when I finally did fall asleep it was great. Needless to say I couldn't handle the stuffy nose so I stopped taking them.”

Anonymous June 15, 2010

For Insomnia: “I took my first dose last night, and I have felt like I have had a bad hang-over all day. Maybe I should take half the doage until I get use to this.”