User Reviews for Desyrel

Learn more about Desyrel.

Desyrel Rating Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 36 medications used in the treatment of Fibromyalgia.

Reviews for Desyrel to treat Fibromyalgia

"This medication does not do anything for my fibromyalgia pain, it does lessen anxiety and treats insomnia. I was given six different sleep meds, none of the them worked. My sleep study showed 15 minutes as the longest period of of sleep that night. I went 6 days with only 2 hours on night 3. I thought I was going crazy. I can't explain how it feels to go that long without sleep. This medication was the one that finally knocked me out and kept me out. The problem is I sleep too long when I take it. The have fibromyalgia & multiple disc issues and bursitis in my hips. if I do not turn over frequently my back and hip pain increase radically. I slept like I was in a coma for 8 hours. I only take when sleep is more important than pain relief"

Kristy 1633 November 22, 2015

"It has greatly helped with my ability to sleep."

Lalau (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 14, 2014

"I have had insomnia related to my fibromyalgia for sometime. When my doctor suggested I try trazadone I was skeptical. Now I never want to be without it. It has done wonders for my sleep and the quality of my sleep. No grogginess or trouble waking up. I would recommend it for those that have trouble both getting to sleep and staying asleep."

lovscrttrs (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 19, 2014

"This medicine helped me sleep. I felt tired most of the morning hours. I've tried varying doses. Now I'm trying to get off of it. I'm taking 5 HTP, which seems to help me. But it didn't do anything for my fibromyalgia."

veggiegirl77 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 30, 2013

"Couldn't live without it. Keeps me somewhat mobile, otherwise I'd be unable to get around, and unable to sleep at night."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 14, 2012

"Did nothing for my Fibromyalgia."

Anonymous September 28, 2010

"I have taken this medicine for 15 years. My pain is up and down depending on life's circumstances. It helps me fall asleep but the quality of my sleep is still poor. I have tried several times to withdraw from it or to change medications. I have never been able to because I end up not sleeping at all."

pyish September 25, 2010

"Can't recommend more highly. Unless my anxiety is particularly high, this medication helps assure a wonderful night's sleep. I'm on 200 mg nightly, along with Ultracet."

Anonymous April 12, 2010

"I take this pill to have a good night sleep. It's been at least 5 years on it and I take 450mg."

ChantalB December 10, 2009