User Reviews for Desyrel to treat Sedation

Desyrel has an average rating of 6.5 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Sedation. 55% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 27% reported a negative effect.

Desyrel Rating Summary

6.5/10 average rating

Compare all 23 medications used in the treatment of Sedation.

Jdog · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2021

“Prescribed for sleeping. Tried three times and every time gave a stuffy nose. Extremely irritating and couldn’t fall asleep because of that. To me it was useless.”

Dutchess · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

“I was prescribed Trazadone so I could get to sleep-many nights of awake all night with no relief! I am a very healthy and active 76 year old woman. This drug is the worst excuse for "medicine" I have ever tried. I vomited all night, had the trots and the stabbing pains in my back, chest and acid burning stomach was the worst pain, including childbirth I had ever had. I really thought I was going to die. I took one (50mg) pill. I fell on the floor and was literally paralyzed. If I could have reach a phone I would have called 911. Don't take this trash-EVER.”

Antonio February 3, 2020

“50mg Desyrel took it to help sleep. Worked very quickly, but gave me stuffy nose. Also made me have weird dreams.”

Spikey'sMommy · Taken for 10 years or more September 16, 2016

“Unless I take this at bedtime, I have difficulty falling asleep as well as staying asleep. I am on the 50mg tabs, but usually only need to take half of the pill. Works VERY quickly, so It needs to be taken when in bed,and ready to sleep! It is just as effective now as it was many, many years ago when first prescribed, no need to adjust the dosage. It allows me to sleep later in the morning, and I no longer wake up every 2 hours. I take several other antidepressants during the day, but suffer from chronic pain, a good night's sleep makes a huge difference in my comfort level with no side effects either. I wake up feeling refreshed, ready to take on the day! I highly suggest you try this medication, if Dr suggests it.”

Bobby boy May 9, 2008

“I take a 50 mg Desyrel at night, about 10 min before I'm ready to go to sleep. I have been on it for 5 years, with no side effects. I used to not be able to stay asleep. Now, I sleep like a baby. I also take Zoloft in conjunction with Trazodone. ”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2013

“I took it for insomnia. I'll give a two because it definitely knocked me out. I tried it for about a week or so and the side effects didn't go away. I was mindless - a zombie. I was interested in absolutely nothing. A friend would point out hot chicks walking by and the most I would give was a "meh". I did my school work, ate food, and sat around with friends - just sat there as everyone else had fun.”

John909 April 3, 2013

“I really like trazodone. It helps me sleep and makes me feel more like getting up the next day instead of wanting to stay in bed. There have been a few times however that I took 100 mgs instead of 50 and it made me so faint/lightheaded that I had to lay down in the floor where I was at. I couldn't make it to the bed. 100 mgs doesn't always do that but there have been 3 or 4 times that it did.”

adgsRPh February 8, 2009

“I had been taking 30 mg of temazepam but after getting out of the hospital recently I have not been able to sleep. My psychiatrist added trazodone 100 mg tablets. This is a moderate dose and has helped tremendously. The only downside to use of trazodone as treatment for insomnia is the early morning hangover, especially during the first few days of therapy. It's not addictive, you WILL go to sleep, just take a little time.”

dragonflycat October 24, 2011

“I have been on trazodone for about five years, ever since I was going through a nasty downward spiral due to my personal situation at the time and couldn't sleep for three days/nights in a row. The doctor who prescribed it for me was an "old-time" doc who wasn't into unnecessary medication (or any, most of the time) but saw there was a need that day with me. The fact that it was also an antidepressant was also a plus (but ultimately it wasn't effective enough on its own for that purpose). Taking trazodone at night (50mg) plus 1/2 a typical Ambien pill helps me sleep a good five or six hours straight--beats the way I used to sleep and thought was normal for most of my life; waking up every two or three hours.”

Meza E. August 17, 2009

“I actually was taking this through high school because of depression and severe insomnia and it worked wonders. As I got older though, I stopped taking it and recently the sleep problems have started back up again. My doctor gave me 100 mg tabs of trazadone (the generic) and I had really bad headaches when I woke up in the mornings. I think it was because when I was in High School, I was taking between 25-50mg. Bought a pill splitter and I split the 100mg tablets into quarters and take 1-2 of them to equal the approximate dose of 25-50mg I was taking. So far so good and I haven't had the headaches so far...been doing this for a couple days so far.”

Hardlign November 23, 2009

“I am taking 200mg a night for sleep for a little over a year. No problems except when I miss a nightly dose, I feel hung over the next day. Recently, I have been waking with a headache. I am going to cut my dosage down by 25mg and see if that will help. My worry is to have an uncomfortable withdrawal period.”

Learn more about Sedation