User Reviews for Xeljanz

Rheumatoid Arthritis
6.3

Summary of Xeljanz reviews 6.4 49 reviews

Reviews for Xeljanz

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was diagnosed 11 years ago with Psoriatic RA I have tried several different medications. I am trying Xeljanz for the first time its been 4 weeks the three things I have noticed is my I have pain in my back and dark color urine and muscle stiffness. My doctor thinks the side effects will dissipate after a couple of months. I am hopeful and running out of medication options."

hopeful (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Started Xeljanz last Wednesday and now today is Monday. I have the worse pain in my stomach after I take it, and I feel so depressed. I didn't see the depression in the leaflet as a side effect. I taken in the past Humira, Embrel, Cimzia, Plaquenil and Methotrexate---all made me sick and my asthma worse. The Plaquenil made me itch so bad, I got skin infections/ cellulitis. The best was Remicade infusions. That did beautifully until I got an infection that landed me in the hospital."

Kitty Chrissy (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Took this one time .Next morning my stomach hurt horribly, as well as my back. Also gave me a rash. Did not take it a second time. My back is still killing me. I think these medications are scary to take, worse than the disease itself."

Baileylynn213 (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Taking for 3 weeks now and noticed major improvement after one week. Increased energy and able to get out of bed and walk down steps without any issues. I would recommend this drug. No side effects as of yet."

EJLM (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

"My son has an autoimmune disease that affected his thyroid, skin (severe blistering eczema) all over his body, dark circles under his eyes and alopecia totalis (meaning the worst form where when it is active, he looses all body hair, eyebrows, lashes and scalp hair.) After being on methotrexate at different dosages, and other medication combined with prednisone - we switched to Xeljanz and thank goodness we did....his skin has improved dramatically and no blisters, his dark circles beneath his eyes are much lighter and almost gone, he feels better AND BONUS - his body hair/facial hair/scalp hair is FINALLY coming in!!! He has been on the medication for almost two months now and I couldn’t be happier."

momof4greatkidz (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "This med does work. My liver and kidney numbers begin to rise after the 2nd month and have to get off. It also causes lung pain - a burning, odd feeling inside the lungs and stabs of pain. Pain in back of lungs too. I want to tell you all to MAKE your rheumy try Minocycline, They swear its for mild disease, but I have severe RA, for 39 years-it took it completely away for 17 yrs. a miracle. The only reason I got off was getting pericarditis (heart inflamm.) and they worried it was a rare response (drug induced lupus) But 3 years later, still off it and still have a pericarditis, so talked the doc into letting me try it again. Go to The Road Back Foundation to read about bacterial infection theory of RA. I swear its true-why would RA go away for 17 years, but come back if I skipped a couple minocycline pills? Good luck to us all. Horrific disease."

Me (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I was diagnosed with psoriasis at 19 and started experiencing PsA symptoms at 32 (now 37). A few months ago my arthritis spread and flared horribly, and the stiffness in the morning became unbearable. I broke down and finally made an appointment to see a rheumatologist. The first medication he prescribed for me is Xeljanz, and after a month and a half I’ve probably seen an 80% improvement in my condition, with morning stiffness all but eliminated. I do still have some lingering issues with a few finger joints and the back of my feet, but hopefully those will get better with time. I haven’t noticed any side effects thus far into taking the medicine. Unfortunately, I wished it would have had a bigger impact on my psoriasis. Patches are still red but the scales do not grow near as thick. Once again, this could get better with time. Overall, I’ve been extremely happy with Xeljanz thus far and would highly recommend you give it a try for your PsA."

ThatRyeguy (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Xeljanz started working by the first week. I felt a serge of energy and was able to get out of bed and walk with very little pain and stiffness. I am on my 6th week and I feel better then I have since I was diagnosed with RA. So far my side effects are upset stomach, headaches, tiredness and insomnia. So far so good. I pray it continues to work with little to no side effects. My insurance only covers a portion but with the co pay card I have no copay. This drug gives me hope. I am able to get more cleaning and chores done since I have been on this drug."

nett221 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have been taking Xeljanz 11mg once daly for a year now. It has given me much improvement. I have been able to cut my pain meds down to less than half. The swelling I experienced has completely gone. My RA is extremely severe advanced and I was having terrible problems with huge rheumatoid nodules on my tailbone and hands which had burst and were very painful. Since Xeljanz they have almost all healed, it truly is a miracle drug for me. The only problem is it is too expensive. They allowed me to get the medicine free under their hardship program all last year, but now they have not approved it for 2018 and I cannot afford over a thousand dollars a month for this med, I have congestive heart failure and am taking 20 other meds. So as much as this medicine helped me, until a generic is out there I am now out of this medicine unable to pay the steep price they demand."

MBelle February 15, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Been on 5 mg xeljanz for 3 months.down from 10 mg prednisone to 4.mg gained some use of my right elbow, pain level way down about 75 percent. Overall moods much improved."

Rchat (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have been taking xeljanz for 7 weeks now. Not only it did not improve anything but each day it gets worse. I was happy to go to sleep before because that was the only time, I did not have much pain. Now, when I sleep, I am in pain and for a week or so now, I wake up with a horrible pain in my leg and I take 2 Tylenol and stay awake in bed till early morning when I can sleep a little. I am going to write to my rheumatologist to tell her that I think it's insane to keep taking this medicine that makes my pain worse, no doubt about it. I am sorry I did not do it before."

Annalea22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I found that Xeljanz didn't help my pain as much as Actemra injections and the fatigue was still awful."

Sher7777777777 January 7, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have tried all the RA drugs available over the past 9 years. The last two drugs prior to Xeljanz. Humira 4 years and Enbril 6 months created neuropathy in both hands and feet. I never had much relief with either of the two shots. I have always taken prednisone. I started this 11 mg tablet 5 months, I’m walking up to 8,000 steps per day and feel less depressed and more energy, experiencing pain only with weather changes. The relief with this pill has been God sent. Only complaint is the cost, these drugs should be available to everyone at a reasonable cost, no different than the cost of insulin for a Diabetic. Drugs are made to promote quality of life, not lucrative life styles for the drug executives."

Hopeful 57 January 5, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Love it! Take awhile to work but the wait is worth it."

Jo Jo Jo (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Tried Humira for seven months and then Embrel for nine months. Both worked, but side affects and health issues resulted in discontinuation of these treatments. I have been on Xeljanz for five months and feel a lot better. Prier to this medication, I felt like the tin man and moved about at the same speed. Prednisone only hides the affects of the Arthritis and bone density become a huge issue. All in all Xeljanz has been a great improvement for me. It is not a cure by any means but it has made a huge difference in my day to day life. Regarding mobility and joint swelling I would rate this medication an eight out of ten."

Stiff One December 13, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "After taking this medication for a few weeks, I began experiencing really dark urine and diarrhea, as well as pain in my stomach. My doctor instructed me to go off the medication immediately. My symptoms began to subside. It was a painful experience. I won't be taking this medication again."

PPenny October 14, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I went off Enbrel due to fungal and other bad infections. My body and brain sped up on withdrawal for a month. My RA Dr. recommended to try xeljanz almost 2 years later. My arthritis got worse, and I had most of the same symptoms within one and 1/2 months. I went off and I had worse side effects of speeding brain for over three months. Which included 1 month of pychiatric inpatient treatment for withdrawal. Does xeljanz stand behind their drug? Will I be compensated for the results. I hope to start working again in the next month or so. These two drugs have greatly impacted my health and working ability."

Kwren akichline (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "So far so good. Just like all the other medications, you have to monitor your symptoms. It took about 4-5 months for full effect. Haven't had to use prednisone since then going on 2+ years now."

43 year old male (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 11, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have been taking Xeljanz for RA for a few months. It has really helped my RA, however, I have recently developed severe diverticulitis and migraines. I have had major abdominal pain, constant nausea and almost nightly headaches (many of which are migraines). I am attributing this to the Xeljanz and I plan to discontinue it immediately."

Tropical Island May 24, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Been on Xeljanz XR 11 mg for about 10 days now. I've tried most of the infusion drugs and Methotrexate and none have worked. It's a little early to tell for sure but I think it's helping. I don't have typical RA, no flares, I am in a constant flare. No coming and going unfortunately. I also have whole body swelling, lucky me. But I am noticing a slight reduction in swelling. I had gone up a full ring and shoe size. Today I could get on a ring I haven't been able to wear in years....yay! I have had some strange side effects. Extreme fatigue, depression, skin crawling and a little paranoia. Not typical for me and I don't think for this drug either. I seem to always have the rare side effects with all medications. I'm hopeful though."

shrinktogo (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "My experiences have been very good with Xeljanz. Before that I could barely move I could barely walk down the stairs it was horrible my husband had to pull me out of bed. Now I'm able to function today but if I do overdo it I start getting sore. I've been on it for 2 years. I have no bad side effects."

Kevrox May 5, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Those who suffer with incurable rheumatoid arthritis understand the willingness to try a new medication that could possibly ease the painful symptoms of RA. I tried Xeljanz hoping it was the limited cure-all. I've never paid too much attention to the commercial warnings as I am like many others that think, that couldn't happen to me. We'll, it did. I ended up hospitalized for several months diagnosed with e-coli sepsis. In all fairness, this drug may be the one to help you. Unfortunately, it wasn't for me. Do take seriously the warnings that could develop while using this drug. It CAN happen to you."

No nickname (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 1, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "moderate/severe RA, it's not recommended. Tried it though; very little help. Withdrawal is awful due to anxiety/depression. Its not stated but there must be an ingredient that is also used for antidepressants in xeljanz. Most other countries in the world refuse this drug. Just be careful. Ask for other options!"

Xeljanz warning March 26, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Have had RA for 35 years. Stopped taking Humira due to cost since I became eligible for Medicare, and medication was no longer giving swelling and pain relief. Tried Simponi and and Orencia with minimal relief. After starting Xeljanz had marked swelling and pain relief in six weeks. Had planned prior to starting Xeljanz to have two joints replaced, but have since cancelled due to improvement. Physician is decreasing methotrexate dosage slowly to see if can discontinue. Am so pleased."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was prescribe to this med. I have Alopecia Areata ,to regrow my hair, but I've been reading about this pill and is sooo scary that I haven't even started taking them. Please give me your opinion, what should I do, keep my self without hair, and been healthy, or taking the pill and see what happens with the side effects?"

Milly Rivera March 3, 2017