User Reviews for Xeljanz

Learn more about Xeljanz.

Xeljanz Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 377 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Xeljanz to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

"This medication caused me to have major side effects and I do not recommend taking it to anyone."

harry frell January 13, 2017

"I could tell it was going to work from the second day and had a wonderful 6 or so pain-free weeks until it started to stop working :(. Having bad flares again at the 2-month mark - swelling seems to still be slightly controlled but pain and stiffness are bad and about to turn to prednisone"

Julestrubs (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

"I have started taking this January 2014 and it started working within 2 weeks. I have had a few flare-ups, but more as time has gone on. I take methotrexate with this. I have my cholesterol tested every 6 months. I have never had any cholesterol issues. After taking this for 2 years, My cholesterol is in the high range due to this medicine. Which puts me into a whole different category of heart disease/attack. I will be going off. It was a good run, but isn't worth it!"

SharKay December 13, 2016

"Within 2 weeks Xeljanz was working amazingly for my rheumatoid arthritis. But had to stop after 8 weeks because of complete insomnia and depression/anxiety. This drug brought on depression, insomnia, and anxiety so hard and so quickly. I just could not continue. This had the same effect on me as prednisone. My system cannot tolerate that either. Too bad because both work so well for the arthritis. Luckily these side effects have gone away after stopping the medicine"

Egiamp November 7, 2016

"Methotrexate was damaging my lungs (fibrous complications) so my Rheumatologist put me on 5mg. Xeljanz twice daily. The Humira/Methotrexate combination I was using previously worked very well for me except for the lung problems. I've been using the Xeljanz for about a month and it's not been good. My hands and feet hurt a lot more and all the time. I see my doctor in a couple of weeks so I'm hoping he can come up with something more effective."

mtatom September 3, 2016

"I started Xeljanz 1-1/2 years ago, after all the years from 2008, having pain and stiffness and some relief. This Xeljanz so far has been a miracle to me. I'm down to 2-1/2 mg. of Prednisone, which I hope to be able to completely be off it, except for flare-up times and needing a tapering of it. I still have chronic pain every day, but don't we all? There's so much less of it though, that life is of more quality. I'm doing more. My right wrist is deformed and so eroded, that I can't bend that much at all, so I just try to avoid moving it so much. It doesn't hurt any more with it being idle!! My feet are the very worst though. I try to limit my walking, but it's hard. I'm 57 and appreciate this drug very much!!"

karjoy (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 27, 2016

"Been on this med for at least a year the joint pain has dramatically improved with no ill side effects. Was on Humira prior to Xeljanz, that provided me little or no relief, no to mention sticking myself every two weeks. This little pill twice a day has helped bunches."

Trooper 12 August 20, 2016

"Took it for about 2 months. Lost my voice, perpetual sore throat, major sinus issues. I haven't taken it for months and can't shake the burning in my throat. I have to go to an ENT. Not a safe drug"

T Mom August 14, 2016

"I take Xejanz for severe Rheumatoid Arthritis. I've been on it for about 3 yrs. It is excellent for inflammation but doesn't do much for pain. My doctors do say they think it has stopped my progression which is 1st and foremost goal for those who have RA. I do not notice any side effects."

Dustyman (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 22, 2016

"Felt the drug working within a week. Don't know how the drug could be paid for if you don't have insurance AND copayment assist. My copay was 300 before copay assist. Has really helped with minimal side effects"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2016

"Headache.pain on backbone stomach.trouble sleeping.feeling tired"

Trouble with this April 1, 2016

"37 inflamed and 18 painful joints before my first dose. 2 months later, 4 inflamed and 2 painful joints 6 months later, 2 inflamed and 1 sore joint! The best RA drug I have taken to date. I have been on the drug for 6 years. I had been suffering from RA since 1987!"

Kens44 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 11, 2016

"Been on it since 2013. Has been very effective especially against the awful fatigue and has decreased the pain dramatically."

Trimelda (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2015

"I took one day of medicine. Next day had a full blown sinus/ upper respiratory irritation. Headache, fever, the whole nine yards. 5 days later I am still fighting the effects of a cold/infection. I have been taking Arava for 18 months and have not had one infection. Only reason I tried this is because the Gastrointestinal problems with Arava are bothersome. There are new biologics heading to the market that based on the first 2 phases are safer and more effective than all these that are currently on the market. I will wait for the new ones."

RA2012 (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2015

"I started taking this medicine after a long unsuccessful stint on methotrexate. Metho made me super tired and my hair fell out in clumps with almost no improvement in pain, stiffness, or energy level. Xeljanz changed my life! My hair also grew back full force on this medicine and my energy level is totally restored. I get a flare maybe twice a year on this medicine and have figured out that a prednisone taper and a month of this can kick me into a 4-8 month remission period. It really works and worked within the first week for me. I am 24 and have not experienced many side effects after the first week of pills. It has also decreased the severity of my seasonal allergies and totally eliminated the eczema I used to get all over the place."

Anonymous4259 October 12, 2015

"This drug had almost a methamphetamine effect on me. I could almost feel my blood going thru my veins. Couldn't think straight, Had extreme pressure in my eyeballs, headaches and couldn't sleep. Went to a half dose with no change in symptoms. Went off of it 4 days ago and all of the negative symptoms have disappeared."

yeringtongal (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2015

"I saw a difference in about 2 days I tried everything under the sun this drug is awesome so far"

Kay79 June 14, 2015

"Medication starting making my joints feeling better, but after a month of taking it, I developed migraine headaches that would come one about an hour after taking medication. Had to stop due to the severity of the headaches."

Still Sore (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2015

"Worked amazingly the first month but then swelling and stiffness came back. I've also had hair loss."

Blondie9008 May 29, 2014

"I have been in a clinical trial with this medicine for 2 years, it started working on the day after I started taking it, was in a wheelchair prior to taking this. I have had no bad side effects and highly recommend it."

kennylobe (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 11, 2014

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I experienced an improvement in pain, swelling and stiffness within the first two weeks. I was able to titrate off of prednisone and hydrocodone. However, I am experiencing stomach upset and rapid hair loss, which is very disconcerting."

sanfshee (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2013

"Started to work the second day on it. I don't wake up with stiff hands and my joints hurt way less. I'm almost off the prednisone. I love it! Has worked better than anything else I've tried. Copay is covered through their assistance."

tula (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2013

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate