User Reviews for Xeljanz

Learn more about Xeljanz.

Xeljanz Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 364 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Xeljanz to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

"Been on this med for at least a year the joint pain has dramatically improved with no ill side effects. Was on Humira prior to Xeljanz, that provided me little or no relief, no to mention sticking myself every two weeks. This little pill twice a day has helped bunches."

Trooper 12 August 20, 2016

"Took it for about 2 months. Lost my voice, perpetual sore throat, major sinus issues. I haven't taken it for months and can't shake the burning in my throat. I have to go to an ENT. Not a safe drug"

T Mom August 14, 2016

"I take Xejanz for severe Rheumatoid Arthritis. I've been on it for about 3 yrs. It is excellent for inflammation but doesn't do much for pain. My doctors do say they think it has stopped my progression which is 1st and foremost goal for those who have RA. I do not notice any side effects."

Dustyman (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 22, 2016

"Felt the drug working within a week. Don't know how the drug could be paid for if you don't have insurance AND copayment assist. My copay was 300 before copay assist. Has really helped with minimal side effects"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2016

"Headache.pain on backbone stomach.trouble sleeping.feeling tired"

Trouble with this April 1, 2016

"37 inflamed and 18 painful joints before my first dose. 2 months later, 4 inflamed and 2 painful joints 6 months later, 2 inflamed and 1 sore joint! The best RA drug I have taken to date. I have been on the drug for 6 years. I had been suffering from RA since 1987!"

Kens44 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 11, 2016

"Been on it since 2013. Has been very effective especially against the awful fatigue and has decreased the pain dramatically."

Trimelda (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2015

"I took one day of medicine. Next day had a full blown sinus/ upper respiratory irritation. Headache, fever, the whole nine yards. 5 days later I am still fighting the effects of a cold/infection. I have been taking Arava for 18 months and have not had one infection. Only reason I tried this is because the Gastrointestinal problems with Arava are bothersome. There are new biologics heading to the market that based on the first 2 phases are safer and more effective than all these that are currently on the market. I will wait for the new ones."

RA2012 (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2015

"I started taking this medicine after a long unsuccessful stint on methotrexate. Metho made me super tired and my hair fell out in clumps with almost no improvement in pain, stiffness, or energy level. Xeljanz changed my life! My hair also grew back full force on this medicine and my energy level is totally restored. I get a flare maybe twice a year on this medicine and have figured out that a prednisone taper and a month of this can kick me into a 4-8 month remission period. It really works and worked within the first week for me. I am 24 and have not experienced many side effects after the first week of pills. It has also decreased the severity of my seasonal allergies and totally eliminated the eczema I used to get all over the place."

Anonymous4259 October 12, 2015

"This drug had almost a methamphetamine effect on me. I could almost feel my blood going thru my veins. Couldn't think straight, Had extreme pressure in my eyeballs, headaches and couldn't sleep. Went to a half dose with no change in symptoms. Went off of it 4 days ago and all of the negative symptoms have disappeared."

yeringtongal (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2015

"I saw a difference in about 2 days I tried everything under the sun this drug is awesome so far"

Kay79 June 14, 2015

"Medication starting making my joints feeling better, but after a month of taking it, I developed migraine headaches that would come one about an hour after taking medication. Had to stop due to the severity of the headaches."

Still Sore (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2015

"Worked amazingly the first month but then swelling and stiffness came back. I've also had hair loss."

Blondie9008 May 29, 2014

"I have been in a clinical trial with this medicine for 2 years, it started working on the day after I started taking it, was in a wheelchair prior to taking this. I have had no bad side effects and highly recommend it."

kennylobe (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 11, 2014

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I experienced an improvement in pain, swelling and stiffness within the first two weeks. I was able to titrate off of prednisone and hydrocodone. However, I am experiencing stomach upset and rapid hair loss, which is very disconcerting."

sanfshee (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2013

"Started to work the second day on it. I don't wake up with stiff hands and my joints hurt way less. I'm almost off the prednisone. I love it! Has worked better than anything else I've tried. Copay is covered through their assistance."

tula (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2013

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate