User Reviews for Xeljanz to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

Xeljanz Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 306 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Xeljanz

Jack · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 20, 2020

“62 years old and have had RA for 22 months. Tried methotrexate pills and then injections. Next, I tried Humira injection with limited relief. Switched to Xeljanz XR and found immediate relief. I have had no known side effects except some skin rash and the rash might not be associated with Xeljanz. I am able to function in life again.”

Flora · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 10, 2020

“Took Xeljanz for 2.5 months. Got UTI (urinary tract infection), then yeast infection. Then another UTI, vaginal infection and yeast. This is still going on regularly for one year after quitting this drug. My immune system is compromised now. But my inflammation is gone. Now I have to worry about chronic infections and possibly a really bad virus. Xeljanz is dangerous and I only took it 2.5 months. I'm 61 female. 130 lbs average. No other health issues except inherited high cholesterol.”

Sienna June 8, 2020

“I am currently on lefunimide only and my symptoms are getting worse so doctor prescribes xeljanz. I have taken every injectable including remicade infusions that eventually all stopped working. I have to say I am scared to take this drug. I have read all your reviews and it doesn't make me feel any better. For those of you who take prednisone on a regular basis, I just wanted to share with you that my bones got so brittle from having to take prednisone to get flares down. I am an avid walker and my fibula just ended up breaking because of steroid usage. Currently I have inflammation in my neck so badly that I cannot turn my head at all but I just don't think I want to try this xeljanz pill. Still searching for thea better way.”

Bridge · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 27, 2020

“Been on this Xeljanz poison for 3 and a half months. I got worse and worse with pain. Muscle weakness. Enlarged liver. Terrible stomach problems excruciating pain in my guts and constant nausea.Liver pain, swelling in feet, hands, wrist and general unwell feeling. Developed chest infections. The chemist ran out so I was without it for 3 days. Stomach...good! No liver pain!!! Not one ounce of swelling. Night sweats stopoed. Burning up feeling stopped. Day one back on it...all symptoms back!!!Dreadful poison. I'm stopping it.”

Husker · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2020

“To begin with, everyone who has RA needs to choose between quality of life or quantity of life. You can't have both. The meds used to treat RA are very strong and have side effects. Period. I have been on XeljanzXR since early January and have not experienced any of the bad side effects yet. It is controlling my RA well, in conjunction with Methotrexate, folic acid and leucovorin. Previously, I have been on Enbrel and Humira. Enbrel worked for a long time, Humira was okay but not as good and now XeljanzXR.”

Sunny · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2020

“I am on 11mg Xeljanz for RA and it has only been five days. I had diarrhea several times a day since starting it. I really hope that goes away or I will have to stop it. My upper body is really hurting since starting this medication. Nothing is helping. I take pain medication, methotrexate, and prednisone also. The pain isn’t subsiding.”

RAWoman123 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 18, 2020

“This drug like so many RA drugs is awful and may be the end of you. I was on this drug and was promised the doctor only had one failure? Did that mean death? I have a history of heart disease on both sides of my family. Within one week my blood pressure was up by more than 20 points, I had palpitations, and was sick all the time due to stomach complaints. This is one of many RA "drugs" I have tried with limited to no effect except worsening pre-existing conditions. Get a CLUE doctors. Prescribing steroids like prednisone which only lead to further bone degeneration in a population with this problem? Doctors do not know WHAT they are doing. Remember, there is NO CURE for RA. Do not trust your DR. That is my advice. They do not have time to deal with you, they have patients booked back to back due to insurance. You are lucky if they really know your name without your chart or nurse telling them. ”

liznita68 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 22, 2020

“I began using Xeljanz 5mg in February 2019 and stopped using it September 2019 after feeling no relief from the medicine. It seemed as if my rheumatoid arthritis was worst than ever while on the xeljanz. I noticed that I suffered with acid reflux after I started the medicine. I was diagnosed with acid reflux and the only thing that I can attribute it to is Xeljanz because I never had an issue with hearth burn or acid reflux prior to the medicine and this is one of the side affects of this drug.”

SHELLY 51 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 7, 2020

“Woke up with severe migraine morning after starting treatment. Took it for 4 weeks, headaches constantly, like my head and eyes were in a vice. Back ache. Nausea burning in stomach chest and throat. Stopped after 6 as i couldn't stand it any more, quality of life was zero by then.”

Babe · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 8, 2019

“Chronic fatigue aches pain and feeling sick and toxic without much change. The first couple of months created more problems then improvement”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 11, 2019

“I took this drug for 2 weeks (5mg dose twice daily) and had a heart attack ”

Me · Taken for less than 1 month October 22, 2019

“I do not recommend his drug to anyone! I have been on leflunomide for the last 4 months and it didn’t help so my doc put me on Xeljanz and immediately I started having sinus pressure and my eyes burning and developed bronchitis and upper respiratory infection. The fatigue is unimaginable and severe headaches along with body aches and my anxiety has increased to the point it’s intolerable. I ended up in the ER tonight due to the pain I was in and coughing up blood! I really just want relief from my RA symptoms but the side effects are far more worse than the RA pain itself!”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 29, 2019

“Xeljanz for arthritis has caused stomach aches so bad I crying in pain . Feel very weak and fatigue all the time . Very bad back pain and blood pressure very high.”

Rose's Husband · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 19, 2019

“My wife passed away on 3/30/16. She was on Xeljanz for about three months before she became ill. Xeljanz lowers your immune system, and for that reason that she contracted Encephalitis. Sepsis ended up killing my wife. While she was on a respirator in her final days, she was diagnosed with slits in her intestines which caused her to bleed. One of the warnings published by Xeljanz.”

Rob August 28, 2019

“Same as many others. First two months were terrific. Inflamation and joint pain nearly all gone. Great energy. Felt years younger. Then came the throat/sinus infections with headaches and increased blood pressure. The latter scared me the most. Quit taking drug and called doctor. It’s sad. This drug holds so much promise but if it turns on you, look out.”

Dink · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 24, 2019

“For the 1st two months, I felt great, energy, gardened, worked more physically than I have done in a long time. Then the sinus infections came, Dr took me off. Still trying to get sinuses straightened out.”

Deb · Taken for less than 1 month August 10, 2019

“This medication does help with my Arthritis symptoms but the side effects are that chronic fatigue, stomach pain and diarrhea and after being on it for just been two weeks don't think I will stay on this medication. I can do nothing but sleep all day. So have tried several medications and only one worked somewhat that didn't cause fatigue but it didn't stop the pain but because I got migraines couldn't go up on medication. Leflunomide may be my only choice. Desperate..”

Rick · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 2, 2019

“I've been prescribed several of the 'conventional' medications - Methotrextate, Plaquenil, Sulfalazine, Arava, and none of them was able to put a dent in my RA condition. Tried the biologic Brenzys and that worked wonders however 4-5 months into the treatment I developed intense side effects and had to abandon. Moved on to Xeljanz 5mg twice a day and voila - magic. It's been 9 months already and I feel great. It has made me forget the pain of RA and the will to abandon everything. It has given me a new life and the will to live and do things again. Truly a wonder drug for me.”

Sheri · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2019

“Extreme stomach upset after 2 weeks. Almost ended up in the ER last night due to pain. I am discontinuing immediately. Also hated the fatigue. No thanks!”

Madeline · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 1, 2019

“I’ve been taking xeljanz for 16 months. During that time I’ve has a couple surgeries and illnesses, so I had to stop temporarily. But, overall, when I take it regularly, I has given me my life back. I can do most anything now, before I was 80% bedridden.”

Moomin · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 25, 2019

“Over 23 years I have been on many pills for arthritis, the latest is xeljanz, it's only been 9 weeks I cannot stand the pain, I struggle to climb the stairs, I've had flu like symptoms, upset stomach, yet something else that doesn't work”

Cindy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 23, 2019

“I have been taking Xeljanz for a little over 6 months. Finally there is something that really helps with my rheumatoid arthritis. I have tried several different medications before this and nothing touched it. Very thankful for this drug.”

adele July 19, 2019

“Been off of Xeljanz since June 5th. I am in so much pain going on Cimzia but insurance denied it but Dr working on getting it approved as I am in so much pain. I can honestly say this is the worst I have felt”

Adele · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 27, 2019

“I had to stop Xeljanz due to severe intestinal pain and diarrhea but I was on it for about 8 months and that's when it started. So now going back to my doctor to see if there is something else I can take”

Artemesia · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 23, 2019

“Risky”

Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)