User Reviews for Xeljanz to treat Psoriatic Arthritis

Xeljanz has an average rating of 4.8 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis. 18% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 36% reported a negative effect.

Xeljanz Rating Summary

4.8/10 average rating

Compare all 62 medications used in the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Jsrcrb · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 25, 2020

“I was on Xeljanz XL for about 7 months. It seemed to be doing a decent job with my PsA joint pain and fatigue. After about 3 months I noticed a shortness of breath that was getting worst. We presumed heart blockage, but cath showed no blockage. Turned out Pulmonary Embolism with Xeljanz likely culprit. Wish I had checked PE as cause first. Lots of time and $ looking at heart. I know this drug can work, it just depends on your body and it's possible reactions.”

Dolo December 4, 2019

“I was on this medication for a year. It works, it kept my pain down and inflammation markers looked good. I just got off the medication because my liver enzymes were going up and I have gained a lot of weight since taking it other than that no other side effects like a lot of people on here have had”

Ouch September 16, 2019

“I was put on this medication 2 months ago. I wasn't sure at first how much it helped for my arthritis (psoriatic) at first because I was put on prednisone. Now I'm off the prednisone and my joints hurt so bad. My skin psoriasis is slowly getting better but my fingers have gone back to hurting, hips, knees, back. It gives me daily headaches. It helps me more than the humira and enbrel but I'm still experiencing pain and swelling.”

ThatRyeguy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 21, 2018

“I was diagnosed with psoriasis at 19 and started experiencing PsA symptoms at 32 (now 37). A few months ago my arthritis spread and flared horribly, and the stiffness in the morning became unbearable. I broke down and finally made an appointment to see a rheumatologist. The first medication he prescribed for me is Xeljanz, and after a month and a half I’ve probably seen an 80% improvement in my condition, with morning stiffness all but eliminated. I do still have some lingering issues with a few finger joints and the back of my feet, but hopefully those will get better with time. I haven’t noticed any side effects thus far into taking the medicine. Unfortunately, I wished it would have had a bigger impact on my psoriasis. Patches are still red but the scales do not grow near as thick. Once again, this could get better with time. Overall, I’ve been extremely happy with Xeljanz thus far and would highly recommend you give it a try for your PsA.”

Alice · Taken for less than 1 month January 11, 2019

“I took ONE dose of this medication and within 1 hour both of my arms went completely numb. Numbness and tingling started in my lips and jaw. The next two nights I woke up in the night with complete numbness again in my arms which took 30 minutes to return to tingling. Numbness and tingling have continued through this whole week, in my feet and ankles, and lips and arms, even though I stopped taking it after the one disaster dose. Headaches and eye inflammation started 3 days after stopping use of this drug. I hope I can be symptom free soon, and without lasting neurological effects. This was (and still is) an utterly frightening experience. I wouldn't recommend this drug to anyone.”

1987 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 14, 2019

“I was not optimistic about Xeljanz but it has worked very well. Five years on Enbrel and it was great. Two injections of Humira and was horrible. So I have to say it's not that bad it really isn't great”

Venusian February 7, 2019

“On my 5th week and my pain is gone however I had a herpes flare at 4 weeks and came back a week later. I just realized today that it might be causing severe anxiety and my husband noticed this because I’m acting paranoid and obsessive. So scary. I have the same problem with prednisone and it nearly drove me to suicide. My doctor should have known better.”

Secretary · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 27, 2019

“I have been on Xeljanz for about 6 months for psoriatic arthritis. For the most part is was doing good...psoriasis cleared up and my joint were doing great. Now, the joints are still ok but I am experiencing new breakout all over and the plaque on my arms is getting thicker. I gave myself Humira shots then went to Stellara but this is worst the psoriasis has been in about 6 years.”

lucky · Taken for 10 years or more July 21, 2019

“I've been on remicade for 15 years and from day one it has produced excellent results. Hate the two hours of sitting but it cleared up 100% of my psoriasis. However my insurance company cut off the rheumatologists I had for 13 years and I had to get a referall to another dr. Problem was it took 7 months to get into the new doctor to get back on remicade. I begged my old dr. to help me and he got me on Xeljanx. But Xeljanz did not work. I was covered with plaques everywhere like I was 20 years ago. I just think the delivery system is everything with our disease. A pill takes time to take effect which an infusion gets right to the problem quickly. I am back on Remicade and completely clear skin with no side effects. I love Remicade but I'm worried that the preexisting condition part of ACA will be shot down in court and then in supreme court. But remicade is great and they have a program that makes it reasonable and literally pays off my deductibles.”

Kay · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 1, 2019

“I found relief from inflammation pain after 4 weeks on Xeljanz. Just as I was feeling fairly well, I was diagnosed with influenza, therefore, advised to temporarily discontinue Xeljanz until I was better. Eight weeks after resuming, my symptoms gradually become worse, not better. I'm really disappointed and do not understand how this could happen. 2.5 days after the discontinuation, I actually feel a little better. Again, this makes no rational sense to me, since I have not started another biologic yet.”

kleem · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 7, 2019

“You can buy any biologics in germany for 1000 a month whereas they charge medicare 15,000.00 a month. why? It does absolutely nothing. I take with thremfya, also does nothing, otezla helps but gives you diaper rash bad bowels, and jakavi, which grows back cartiladge, gums are healing, but does nothing for plaques. If I used 4 at a time, would cost me one with insurance and none do anything, it is only good for big pharma profits”

Warrior D · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 28, 2019

“I think Xeljanz is easy to take compare with an injection, but even with methotrexate it does not seems effective. Specially if sedimentation rate keep been high after 6 months of treatment.”

Learn more about Psoriatic Arthritis