User Reviews for Tioconazole topical to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection (Page 2)

Also known as: Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment, Vagistat-1, Tioconazole 1 Day

Tioconazole topical has an average rating of 4.2 out of 10 from a total of 1492 ratings for the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection. 28% of those users who reviewed Tioconazole topical reported a positive effect, while 56% reported a negative effect.

Tioconazole topical Rating Summary

4.2/10 average rating

Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Tioconazole topical

Thankful-Times-10 December 17, 2014

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I had gone to the doctor already and was given a one time use pill for a yeast infection plus antibiotics for a urinary tract infection. The itching and burning continued despite these medicines. I bought this product and decided to try it even after reading the negative reviews. I was desperate and already in the midst of extreme itching and pain so I used it at 1 am when I woke up again due to the irritation. Once I inserted it, I felt immediate relief and I do mean immediate. I don't understand the negative reviews, maybe each person's body reacts differently, but I would highly recommend this product.”

Pretty mama1205 August 7, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “Sooooo, one day I had happen to get a yeast infection and decided to go to dollar general and try the brand “ Tioconazole” because that was the only brand they had and I usually get clotrimazole. Anyways on the box it says its best to insert it right before bed and that is what I did. I woke up around 2am to a Swollen, burning Sensation. I ran to the bathroom (Mind you I could barely walk it was so uncomfortable)only to find out my vagina was swollen shut! PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!!!! its best to use clotrimazole! I regret not going to an actual pharmacy. NEVER AGAIN”

Ki · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “Well as the others I tried the 1 dayTioconazole and my goodness!!!! Why did I do that!!!! My vagina is swollen, itchy and pain pain and more pain!!! I was not prepared for this. Right now I am currently laying in bed with my legs up in the air”

Anonymous July 21, 2019

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “Used this product with no itching or burning on a Friday night woke up Saturday morning with all symptoms gone. No burning no itching, it was as if I had no yeast infection at all . The Tioconazole 1 day better than Monistat!”

Boo boo March 25, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “Ok so just inserted tioconazole about 20 min ago. Then decided to read all these reviews. So should have looked at this first. SMH. I'm itching like crazy my lady parts are throbbing like crazy. Will never use this again. If you're smart and read reviews before you do this you will be better off. This is my 2nd YI in my 35 years - it wasn't even that bad this will make it feel 10x worse trust me. I can actually feel her growing bigger. I plan to try and push it all out NOW. If you're like me I would get it out now and hope for the best.”

Smile · Taken for less than 1 month March 22, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “From reading the comments and after using this tioconazole product myself. I think that maybe some yeast infections are worse that others because this working great for me and the first time I got a yeast infection I didn’t use anything and ended up in the ER because my symptoms sounded like a lot of symptoms here. I was swollen to where I couldn’t function properly and burning and itching. But this second time around I caught it within a few days and bought Tioconazole 1day and haven’t had problems yet.”

Anonymous June 28, 2019

“Here I am at 2:30 in the morning with allllll the burns after waking up an hour ago when it hit me. I put this egg thing in at about 10:30. Why in the world did I not read these reviews before!? Never would I have ever even thought about using this 1 day nonsense! Ughhhh. But seriously ladies, if you’re like me now only reading these reviews, AFTER YOU PUT THE FIERY EGG IN YOUR VAGINA, while you can’t sleep, I highly recommend reading these reviews.....as many as you can, because I got the best laugh I didn’t know I needed while in my bed of hot and fiery death down below”

Kk · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “Worst thing I ever used in my life. DO NOT USE. I’ve always done the 3 day. Never this. Didn’t read reviews and SO wish I did. I had some white clumpy discharge and very mild itching. So wanted to just knock it out and got this. Worst mistake of my life. I had some burning nothing to crazy, then some itching really irritating more then even before. Then I woke up and my vagina is swollen and just blah. So horrible. And it had to be Bc of this. Bc it was not swollen itching or burning prior. I’m so mad I did this. Save yourself ladies. Please don’t use.”

Shazzy1 December 21, 2014

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “This medicine worked perfectly for me. Itching started late one night so I bought Monistat 1 first thing in the morning. Not even 24 hours later, I was relieved. I had no crazy burning experience or anything...but then again you may have different results if you wait too long to get the medicine.”

Anonymous March 4, 2008

Vagistat-1 (tioconazole): “Off and on all my life I've been bothered by Yeast infections and have never found anything better than the Vagistat. Esp. since it's a one time treatment and you're done with it. BUT also the fact that it's not only beneficial for the Candida strain but also some of the rarer resistant types of yeast that are often missed. It might irritate for that day but it works and well worth it in my opinion. Thanks for letting me have some input. D.T.”

ALz January 25, 2014

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I had a horrible infection-itching, burning, swelling. So I picked up Monistat 1 at the drugstore and inserted it as soon as I came home. The cooling wipes that come with it are a life saver. After about 8 hours I felt a fairly large discharge -assuming that the medicine needs to escape somehow. I felt much less itchy the next day and my swelling went down 100%. However I am on day 3 and while my painful/uncomfortable infection symptoms have completely subsided I am still discharging quite a bit (well, a LOT actually). I'm hoping this is normal, but I may see a doctor if this persists tomorrow.”

Gia · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “Used Tuesday night thinking everything would be ok, and by Wednesday morning my vagina had blew up like a hot air balloon. I had a CRAZY reaction to this cream. I can’t even walk correctly due to my vagina being SO very swollen. Please ask your doctor before using this or just don’t use it at all. I bought the Dollar General 1-day treatment and I regret it so much. This was a horrible and uncomfortable experience for me. I ended up going to urgent care and the doctor cleaned as much of the cream out as she could. PLEASE guys don’t use this. Don’t use any off brand yeast infection medicine.”

Kally12345 April 23, 2017

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “Had an irritating Yeast Infecion for a few days with terrible itchying. Decided to make a doctors appointment for the next morning.. but figured I would try Monistat 1 in the meantime. Put the egg in at 5:30pm... didn't feel much for 3 hours. Became slightly itchy around 9:30 pm but it was definitely bearable and nothing compared to how I had felt the previous days due to the yeast infection. Had discharge (mostly medicine) definitely recommend wearing a pad to bed that night and a little bit the next day as well. Within 24 hours my yeast infection was gone and I was feeling good as new! These reviews all scared me quite a lot but I am very relieved none of the horrible burning/itching happened to me. Would definitely use monistat 1 again!!”

RMBM May 4, 2017

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “First off, I must say "do not be afraid of this product! " It does burn and itch, but it's not as bad as some describe. I was able to work all day after I inserted it. When the burning got bad I just went to the bathroom during my break times and used the cream and wipes. Any medicine at prescribed strength form inserted into you is going to hurt. We as women do so much to our bodies, and this is nothing compared to a lot of these things that are a necessity to our health!”

Jolly Girl Jolly June 26, 2017

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “Omg!!!! My Na Na is on Flames... I almost want to take a brush to it how bad it itches. Here I am thinking I'm going to get some relief after inserting the ovule when the itching and burning increases times 100000000... I almost began to think maybe its more than a yeast but couldn't be because I haven't had sex in years. I'm burning like a Hot Cheeto. They should take this product off the market... its really sucks. Now I'm up during the middle of the night burning and writing this!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “NEVER. EVER. AGAIN. I inserted at about 6:45pm and went on about my nightly routine. Around 8:30 I had some leak out and noticed really bad itching burning stinging sensation immediately. Brought me to tears and thought about going to the ER... it's that bad. I took warm oatmeal bath which soothed it a little. I'm now lying in bed with ice pack on my lady parts still stings I'm 2 hours in this firey experience.”

Sad · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “I applied it around 1am and although I hadn’t experienced any burning before, I immediately felt sharp and severe burning for around 15 minutes. I awoke at 5:30 to a toned down burning and ENORMOUS labia, painfully swollen, 4x their normal size. I’m going to wait it out and hopefully not go to the doctor/ER, but I may have to if the swelling doesn’t go down. I can’t even walk normally. This is an awful product and I would not take it again.”

jns1980 May 26, 2015

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “do not put this thing anywhere near your vagina! all of the stuff you hear about the probiotics in the yogurt on the tampons do that first or go to the doctor and get the prescription for the yeast infection! I am sitting in my house so uncomfortable that I had to call off of work because I can not leave my house because my vag itches and burns so bad. I want to go to the store and get yogurt but I can't stop iching my crotch so that's a problem I am so uncomfortable and before I put this thing and I was fine. Before Monistat I had mild irritation.since I used the Monistat I am now experiencing the worst itching and burning feeling I've ever had between my legs ever!”

Anonymous August 9, 2019

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “I swear I’m not lying: never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever use this product - else you will have a full night of extreme itching !!!!!!! If you’ve never listened to anything in your life PLEASE LISTEN TO ME AND NEVER USE THIS CREAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Nady · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2019

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “tioconazole worked the way it was supposed to. Experienced some itching before I went to sleep. I'm at work now and it feels completely different. Make sure you put a pad on because it will leak out. However I would try this medicine again”

Anonymous May 20, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “I used this Tioconazole for the 1st time tonight after the 1st day of a yeast infection and I have no adverse reactions yet. A little warm but feeling a lot less itching and burning than before application. I would use again.”

Anonymous June 9, 2017

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I see there are way too many women crying about the "burning" that this causes and saying using it isn't worth the pain ?? I'm sorry but I would rather have some burning from the medicine for a little while than have a fungal infection in my vagina for weeks. It's not going to go away on its own. I get one every time I get off my period because my pH balance down there goes crazy and I always use this and yes it burns but some of you have given birth - for god sake toughen up.”

Jen · Taken for less than 1 month May 10, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “This has been one of the worse decision I’ve made. I had mild symptoms to start. I thought I’d try it to completely be clear of it since it’s only one day. I regret it so badly. I decided to look at reviews, yes after, because it’s so uncomfortable and itchy (but I don’t scratch which makes it harder) and thought this isn’t normal because I’ve used others and they have worked. This caught me by surprise. I applied it around 11pm last night and it’s 11:am right now and I still feel discomfort but thankfully it isn’t as bad, mostly it’s just throbbing. Don’t buy it ladies, it’s not worth it at all.”

763 April 22, 2015

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I got my first yeast infection when I was 16, my mom went and bought me monistat 7 and it worked great I felt better within a day. About two months ago I got the symptoms of a yeast infection but without the discharge. Unsure of what I had I went and bought monistat 7 again and it burned and itched worse than anything I've felt. I bawled my eyes out and it didn't stop for hours. I continued to take it for 2 more nights with the same symptoms and then went to the gyno that Monday. Turns out I had a bacterial infection and that is why it was burning so horribly. If it burns you to the point where you are In tears GO TO THE DOCTOR! It is probably not a yeast infection!”

Name · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2019

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “Well I was kind of skeptical about using the product because of some of the bad views. I decided to give it a try anyways and I did not experience any of those symptoms. I inserted it last night after showering . No burning, no swelling & barely itching. I woke up the next morning & still no bad symptoms. Everything is coming out just fine to me . I use the off brand kind too by the way .”

Learn more about Vaginal Yeast Infection