User Reviews for Tioconazole topical to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection (Page 4)

Also known as: Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment, Vagistat-1, Tioconazole 1 Day

Tioconazole topical has an average rating of 4.2 out of 10 from a total of 1492 ratings for the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection. 28% of those users who reviewed Tioconazole topical reported a positive effect, while 56% reported a negative effect.

Tioconazole topical Rating Summary

4.2/10 average rating

Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Tioconazole topical

Jean Beanz May 25, 2017

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I should have read the reviews! I haven't had a yeast infection in years. But knew what it was. Went to the pharmacy & thought why not get the one day, super strength. WOW! What a mistake! Burning, throbbing pain as well as swelling. Sleeping impossible. The next day I was useless & trying to get this poison out of me in the shower. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!”

Can't deal ! · Taken for less than 1 month December 10, 2016

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “Okay listen here. It's really irritating reading about how "it's burned so bad"! Lord have mercy, you have a YI of course it's going to burn! I applied and yes it burned but understand that, that just means that you have an infection that evidently needs to be cleared. Your vagina is infected and imagine putting lemon on a cut and then later complaining "ahhhh it burns" ...okay well I applied around 10pm and it burned for a while but the OVERALL affectiveness was amazing. The itching was gone in less than 2 days. The other burning and discharge was gone within 3 days!”

kiply · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2019

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “So I just inserted the medicine and I don't feel any extra burning or itching so maybe because I inserted the ointment in far enough but yeah it's going well so far. I'm sleeping with thin cotton underwear on to air out a little and will probably just wear a pad tomorrow since someone said to because it melts. It's been about an hour tho and I actually feel better. Maybe it's my mind telling me that the yeast infection will go away now that I have medicine or maybe it's really the medicine but either way I already feel better and I can sleep!!”

Ley November 22, 2019

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “I bought it 1 day after realizing I had a yeast infection. Started the treatment by 10p.m. and it pretty much was a hot burning feeling for about 4-5hrs until 3 a.m. Nothing I couldn't handle. It cooled down significantly especially by 7 a.m. I just think the ingredient was very strong and was working. That's why it felt that way. I hope it knocks out the yeast as fast as it started reacting!”

Va JJ on fire June 27, 2017

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I have used Monistat 1 about a year ago and a few more times before, worked great, relief within 24 hours. My current experience is a complete 180. The burning and itching is unbearable. I can't imagine what the makers have done differently, they need to go back to the original formula, which worked fine. I wish I used the 3 day or just went to the Dr. It's bedtime, but the pain is keeping me awake. I will never purchase again!!!!”

Uncomfortable and Irritated February 19, 2015

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “My friend suggested this when I told her I had a yeast infection. I have burning, itching, and discharge. The discharge is so bad that I have a rash as well from how irritated my skin is. I got the Monistat 1 with the applicator and the exterior cream. I used it last night before bed, was up at 3:30 putting more cream on because I was uncomfortable. Then again at 5:30 and again at 9. I have no relief at all.”

MakeItStopNooooooooo September 5, 2016

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “NO. Do not take this, ladies! Unless you want burning, itching, swollen lady parts, that is. I applied this as I laid down to sleep, just like I would with Monistat 7, but immediately felt the fires of hell erupting inside and out of the last place any sane person would pick to feel it. Finally got to sleep after splashing with cold water and laying down naked from the waist down, only to feel more (less intense) burning when I woke up again at 1:15 in the morning. If it's too late for you, the best remedy seems to be a cool bath. Heaven help us all. If it's not too late for you, JUST SAY NO. This drug should NOT be on the shelves! Really, FDA??!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2019

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I’ve never used such a horrible product. The burning I felt less than ten minutes after (and for hours later) inserting the medicine ball is far worse than any discomfort I felt from the actual infection. It is yet to be seen whether this will actually even clear up the yeast infection, but regardless of how quickly you wish to get rid of the infection this product is not worth it at all. I’m in excruciating pain that has restricted me from sleeping and brought me close to tears. Do not take Monistat 1 day”

Vag violation · Taken for less than 1 month January 21, 2017

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “They should really put a warning on the label of this medication. Used it at bedtime woke up at 1 a.m. with a burning itching that was not relieved by any method. Completely miserable I do not know why so many women react this way but there should be a significant warning place on the label I'm going to reach out to the FDA. Beware of this medication hopefully you read this before use not after. There's nothing that's been able to relieve the inflammation pain and itching I'd rather have a yeast infection for the rest of my life then you have to feel this way.”

Laurie · Taken for less than 1 month March 15, 2019

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “So I used this same product in 2016, now fast forwarding to 2019 and I find the need to put my Vag through this Hell. The monistat causes an itching, burning and pain like no other, because is constantly there with no ceasing. You will not sleep, concentrate or be in a good mood while this “extremely strong medication is doing what you paid to do - kill the yeast infection!!! I am literally writing this review as I am sitting under the massive discomfort of a this medication. I don’t discourage anyone from using it, however, I put out a disclaimer: BEWARE!!!...It will test your character, patience, tolerance and soul!!!! But it works... it will get rid of an itch, odor and burning from YI. Time: it takes about 1-2hrs for the gelatin egg to dissolve, and the burning , itching, discomfort to start. Length: this varies. Discomfort could last from 1 hour to eternity.”

No pain no gain? · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2016

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “this is the first review I've left in anything ever because I think as girls it's important we have eachothers backs on things like this. FIRST. When you take this, be sure to have a bottle m of wine ready and some serious distraction. Don't think you can just pop it in and feel better in a few hours. This thing will burn and itch like the devil himself is inside of you, BUT. you're putting something in you that's expected to treat you over night that is really supposed to be span of 7-10 days. That's a whole lot of chemicals in your already sensative lady parts. So it will burn and itch like hell, and I wouldn't recommend it if you have a low pain tolerance. But if you can open a bottle of wine and clean your house. Promise it works!!!”

JustMeHB July 8, 2016

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “So here's the deal. Don't take this unless you know you have a yeast infection! Bought this one since it seemed the least amount of time would be involved. Then I went home and read reviews. Everyone is warning about this INTENSE and HORRIBLE burning and itching they felt which actually made me hold off for a few days. If you do not have a diagnosed YI then this is going to BURN. Otherwise it's is going work like a charm. About ten minutes after putting this in before bed, I did feel a little bit of itching but not even enough to want to scratch. I fell asleep within 15 minutes and slept through the night. I had a diagnosed YI. I had NO BURNING. I had very little itching. This product is going to hurt if you don't have YI!!!!!”

llinndayy March 27, 2015

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I read all of these reviews and FREAKED out. I was so scared to try it. I remembered years ago, trying some other brand and the second I inserted it, it BURNED. So I was very skeptical about this huge dose "1 day" thing.. but I just bit the bullet and did it because pain for a little is better than more severe problems down the road. I took 3 ibuprofun and ate some comfort food and took a sleeping pill (so I would hopefully be asleep if there would be any pain to come) and had a heating pad on my tum. The Monistat didn't phase me at all. It's like it wasn't even there. Very minimal discharge the next day, no pain, no cramps, nothing. If I focused really hard, I could sometimes feel the TINIEST sensation of burning. I'd totally recommend.”

TryingToBeStrong · Taken for less than 1 month April 29, 2016

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “This is the worst pain I have ever experienced. I can imagine only giving birth being worse. I had itching and burning that was very uncomfortable but tolerable before the Monistat 1. After the Monistat 1, the pain became so bad that I had to consciously breath to keep myself from loosing my temper. I went to the obgyn and when she tested me it hurt so bad that I actually cried... It would not have been that bad without the Monistat. She did explain that the yeast can create little cuts basically and when you put the cream in there it can cause burning. Just like putting alcohol on a cut.... So that's the explanation for it and it doesn't make me angry with Monistat. I'm just ready for this to be gone...”

Relief101 · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2015

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “Developed my first YI the other day when I was on antibiotics. Obviously the first thing I did was Google my symptoms which lead me to find out it was a YI. This lead me to a link for Monistat1, and let me tell you, most of the reviews scared the crap out of me. This is my first time with a YI and the last thing I wanted to do was make it worse. I didn't want to take more time off of work to go back to the doctors and I wanted relief, and fast. Among the bad reviews there were still good ones so I listened to those instead and just went for it with the Monistat1 Ovule. The itching ended up getting worse at first but then went away and completely and the next day I was completely fine. This stuff is magic! Suck it up buttercup and just do it”

LRM · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2019

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I wanted to share my experience because I’m kind of shocked by the other reviews for Monostat 1. I worry that they could either unnecessarily scare someone who has already used it, or keep someone from using it who could benefit from it and doesn’t otherwise have easy access to healthcare (like prescriptions) Yeast infections are uncomfortable, period. And the drug used in Monostat is powerful. That being said, it worked for me. I had a minor yeast infection and used Monostat 1. I continued to workout and go about my daily activities as usual. I was definitely a little uncomfortable, but certainly not even close to the point of needing to go to urgent care. After all, I recognize that this is a really strong anti-fungal treatment. For those who are more sensitive to pain and discomfort, I would highly recommend a 3 or 7 day treatment. 3 days later my symptoms are much better. While not 100%, I no longer have any burning or major itching.”

Sammie332 · Taken for less than 1 month July 2, 2015

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I was terrifird to try this product because of the reviews i had read but i just had a feeling i would be fine. i put in the pill a few hours before bed tuesday night and was completely fine and got to sleep without ANY pain and when i woke up i was still feeling sore and i had lots of discharge but by the end of the next day i was symptom free. It's now the follow day and i'm feeling back to normal, however there is still a white dischargr but i read that, that is normal because the medicine has to leave your system. Overall, had NONE of the issues that i had read about in reviews. Extremely pleased.”

Saf0302 September 1, 2016

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “This was my second YI. The first time I used the 3 day but stopped after day 2 because I felt so much better. So this time I decided to go with the 1 day to get it over with. I put it in right before bed and then, like so many others, read these terrible reviews. I braced myself for the worst and went to bed. I honestly didn't sleep very well because I was expecting to wake up in pain. But I didn't. No burning, minimal itching. I peed twice in middle of the night and made sure to wipe back to front. My only complaint would be the discharge, though it's to be expected. Just used a panty liner and no big deal. Woke up in the morning, took a shower and used the wipes and I feel no symptoms. I think it's trial and error but no complaints from m”

Anonoyomous · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2014

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I've used the Monistat-3 the last time I had this problem. I had relief the next day. I think the1 day pack must not agree with me. I woke up feeling worse than last night. I'm so swelled that I'm a little nervous. I'm going to give it a couple of hours to get better and go from there. I'm sticking to the 3 day treatment.”

Eliza11245 January 3, 2017

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I looked into it and burning from monistat often occurs when you have an infection other than a yeast infection because the pH levels are different and cause a different reaction. Yeast infections don't change pH in this way. Use an infection screening kit from any pharmacy and make SURE you only have a yeast infection before using monistat... I had only a yeast infection and therefore experienced none of this itching or burning, just light cramps.”

Anonymous August 21, 2015

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “So I of course like many unsuspecting victims, went to buy this product without reading the information/reviews on it first. Once injected I read the reviews and of course freaked out due to all the negative comments. I used the Monistat one day ovule, I was preparing myself for the worst discomfort but all I got was some slight burning and itching, nothing unbearable. I had the discomfort for probably about an hour and then it went away and I already feel my symptoms disappearing. I'm not sure why some people on here had such bad reactions but I just wanted to share my experience and say that it wasn't bad at all!”

Rei · Taken for less than 1 month April 29, 2019

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I’ve read the reviews and I have used this product before. Now to clarify I am a pretty impatient person so I decided to use the monistat 1. I’ve had the burning and itchiness but I also realize that this compared to the three or seven it is more concentrated. It sucks that it will cause that burning but after clearing away the initial discharge there was only a burning and the itching was at a minimum. Just be aware that this is more concentrated so there will be a stronger reaction. If you can handle the strength you’ll be fine if not I would use the 7 day or go talk to your gynecologist.”

rachelnoelle · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2019

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “So I made an account here just to write a review on this product. Before taking this I had already heard some bad things but I decided to go ahead and try it anyway. Once I already inserted the product I started reading more reviews and literally went into a PANIC because of how bad people were saying this was. After about an hour, I felt a little tingly/irritation down there, but it wasn't painful, just a little annoying and uncomfortable. The second I felt that, I took two tylenol extra strength, just in case this feeling started getting worse. I'm not sure if they prevented any pain or if the product just didn't get worse, but I wasn't in pain at all while using this. Maybe I'm lucky or maybe the tylenol helped. Don't be scared of using this product because of all the reviews, there are plenty of people like me who are fine and probably don't take the time to review it as they have happily moved on with their lives (pain, burn and itch free)!”

Giant vagina April 15, 2017

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “Holy mother. Dying right now. I had moderate swelling and itching from the YI, placed this in at night time. The next time I had a bowel movement the evil egg started to ooze out. My vagina has swollen AT LEAST twice it's size. I feel like I'm being chemically burned. Goopy, which is fine - who cares...but the BURN AND THE SWELLING. I feel like this is worse than my YI. I just finished rocking back and forth naked, on all fours, on my bathroom floor. Prepare yourselves ladies.”

ouch · Taken for less than 1 month April 25, 2019

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “This is the worst medicine in the world. The pain it caused was 10 times worse than the actual YI. I am on fire and I am so mad at myself for not reading these reviews first. This pain with monistat 1 is indescribable.”

Learn more about Vaginal Yeast Infection