User Reviews for Tioconazole

Also known as: Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator, Tioconazole 1 Day, Vagistat-1

Learn more about Tioconazole.

Tioconazole Rating Summary

4.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 49 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Tioconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Please save yourself from this misery. If you are reading this too late, may the force be with you. I am on day 3 now of using the 1 day treatment and every night has been a total nightmare. It burns so immensely and there's nothing you can do about it but wait it out and pray it subsides soon. It's like acid fire in your hoo-ha you can't even sleep or do anything else except say omg! Over and over. I feel so helpless. Sitting in a warm tub 2nd night now with salt water trying to soothe my poor burning vag, please stop burning soon!! I called the doc and they said the ingredients are way too strong and have seen a lot of patients suffer in the same way. Next time, diflucan pill only!!...If I ever live to make it to next time."

Violated Vag (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I never give reviews but felt obligated after reading all of the horrible comments. This worked well for me. I did not feel any burning just slight itching. I started right away at the onset of my yeast infection. If you have had a yeast infection for a while and your skin is raw...ummm common sense says Yes it will sting and burn. If you catch it fast do not be discouraged to use this product. It works. I noticed results right away but I will wait and let the medicine run its course for 7 days. Good luck!"

Danitanz January 11, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "DO NOT BUY THIS. I am saving you!!! I was having yeast infection symptoms , took the 1 day pre-filled applicator and woke up to a swollen vag. I've never felt like this in my life.. today is day 2 after using the medication and I still don't feel normal. I am itching still.. I did call the number on the box and they requested to send me my money back!! If this product did not work for you please get your money back because this stuff is terrible. I'm so disappointed."

Jamielynn6789 January 8, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Ladies after every urination u have to rinse ur vagina with warm/ hot water. I inserted the ovule yesterday morning. I experienced mild itching a couple hours later and i applied the cream...which was annoying because I felt damp and the key to a YI is staying dry. Anyway I think its working u just have to rinse urself with warm water after urination or u will itch because the medication and itchy yeast is passing through onto the outer vaginal area. Keep it clean and dry. I did catch this early on after taking antibiotics so..."

WomenIssues (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I thought I had a yeast infection & verified that w/ an over-the-counter test. I used Monistat 1 thinking the itching and discomfort would stop. After about 1 hour, the egg came out in a gloppy mess. I experienced severe itching and burning. I got in the shower and tried to get the Monistat off of me. Eventually the shower ran cold, and my efforts were in vain. The itching and burning became more intense. I felt like a baby because I had to grit my teeth not to yell in frustration. As to my pain tolerance, I have several tattoos in sensitive areas. I'd get my hoo-ha tattooed before I ever used Monistat again. It would hurt less. I tried the anti-itch/burn cream for help. It made it worse. I iced my crotch & begged my spouse for cranberry juice"

Monistat Didn't Go Well For Me (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I'm pretty prone to yeast infections and while I was out of town for the holidays I wasn't able to see my regular doctor to get the usual remedy. I was advised to use this product and let me tell you NEVER will I use this again. My crotch is on fire and I feel like bursting into tears. I wish I would have read the reviews BEFORE using this product! My YI wasn't severe at all before I inserted the monistat 1, now I feel like I should lay in bed for the next four days. I've had it in for two hours now and I absolutely hate the feeling. I'm regretting using it and think it might ruin my vacation!"

Anonymous January 4, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "DON'T USE IT! The risk outweighs the benefit by far. Product caused chemical burn, the entire first layer of skin in my vagina was burnt. I was on fire for 3 days, once I thought I was better and resumed intercourse the skin was not healed and the friction put me on fire once again. The skin takes a long time to grow back and after many failed attempts at intercourse due to the pain I now have vaginismus. This product caused me a medical condition that now interferes with my ability to successfully conceive. I will now have to do therapy in order to be able to have intercourse with my husband. I know my case is extreme but Please don't put yourself at risk!!! Not worth it. Wait for the doctor to prescribe"

KT789 January 3, 2017

"Please dont use this, it had my vag on fire, and burned! It made symptoms worst and I literally had to try to get what I could out to get relief. Not worth it, use the 5 or 7 day cream."

Burns Like Hell (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I've had yeast infections before but have always caught them early enough to take care of with home remedies. I wasn't as fortunate this time around... My YI symptoms became too unbearable today (to the point I almost left work "sick" to go home and wallow in my misery), so I picked up the Monistat 1 Maximum Strength ovule. Not sure if their idea of maximum strength means singe a woman's vagina with fire until there are no nerve endings left in there to itch, but OMG!!! I inserted the ovule around 9:30 pm and about 30 minutes later, it began to itch and burn a million times worse than any YI I've ever experienced. I had to take an epsom salt bath and get as much of it out as I could. HORRIBLE, NEVER AGAIN."

Sincerely, Dissatisfied (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I looked into it and burning from monistat often occurs when you have an infection other than a yeast infection because the pH levels are different and cause a different reaction. Yeast infections don't change pH in this way. Use an infection screening kit from any pharmacy and make SURE you only have a yeast infection before using monistat... I had only a yeast infection and therefore experienced none of this itching or burning, just light cramps."

Eliza11245 January 3, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I usually do not write reviews but this time I had to because this had too many negative reviews. So I had a wonderful experience with this. I took it this morning and I feel back to normal. It works quick and great! Everyone is different maybe you can give it a try before going off of other reviews. Perhaps those people's infection had a greater impact on their bodies so the curing cream burned because the cream began to fight the infection. Regardless the product works great. I did experience a mild buying sensation at first but and I took a nap then it was gone when I woke up. It did leak as I slept so make sure you do it in the comfort of your own home or at least wear a liner because once I got up and walked it leaked through."

Jaeee January 3, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Absolutely awful. Will never take it again. I would rather have a YI than feel this. I took it and within 10 minutes my vagina was on fire. So bad that it brought me to tears. So not worth it at all."

Anonymous January 1, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Like the product says read instructions thoroughly! I only had a small yeast infection at the beginning stage but I wanted to get rid of it fast as possible. Done everything the package said I cleaned with the wipe, inserted capsule and applied cream... no issues just a small amount of medicine in panties. No itching or burning. But everyone reacts to medicines differently. Great product will definitely use again if I needed to."

No Problems At All (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2017

"For the love of God do NOT use this!!! I am Traumatized! Horrific experience. Followed directions exactly, put in the cream at bedtime which was about 10 PM. Woke up a little after 3 AM due to severe burning, itching, swelling and pain. IT WOKE ME UP FROM A DEEP SLEEP. Felt like I had put lava in my vagina after scrubbing it with a brillo pad. Swollen shut, 2x it's regular size at least. Tried rinsing & washing, benadryl by mouth & an ice pack to the vag for 5 hours. I thought I was allergic until I read so many others reviews. This could be used as a very effective form of torture. I'm a registered nurse & I feel this should be yanked off the counter due to its severe side effects. I'm scarred for life. NEVER AGAIN"

TraumaticExperience (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Worse experience ever!!!! Burning itching. I could have kept the yeast infection."

Anonymous December 29, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I guess our bodies do react differently. I was in excruciating pain with the swelling & the itching & the burning from this yeast infection caused by antibiotics that I needed something fast! My husband bought me the Monistat 1 (1st yeast, we weren't sure what to use) But this was the perfect treatment. Used it at night, right AFTER a shower and I felt so much comfort the morning after. I gotta say I was very surprised! I'm very satisfied with this product, well worth the $15.dollars! Do read the instructions. I used the cream applicator and( Not that I want but )I would use it again. Fast relief for me. Thank You Monistat!"

verysatisfied (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Would not use this would definitely wait for a dr to prescribe something else!"

Pink4454 (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I used this before I went to bed, and it did itch a lot for 2 days after, but the cream helps a lot. 5 days later and I still have a YI though... symptoms aren't as bad, but it's still there."

Kariala December 27, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Stay far away from this product. It has been years since I've had a YI and I decided to use it. I wish I read the reviews prior to purchasing but I purchased the product due to brand name recognition. What I've found is that the cons far outweigh the pros. Monistat should pull it off the shelves entirely. I have tried showering to remove the excess cream and used a thin pad to keep dry. Nothing works and I will not use the additional cream that the product came with to prevent further reation. Many of the reviews state the symptoms got worse when the cream was applied. I am hoping I can get into my GYN tomorrow to obtain medication that will counter act this disaster or at least give me much needed relief."

ADisaster December 27, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Wasn't sure if I had a YI or not, but had some common symptoms. I waited it out thru the weekend cuz of Christmas. It started to get better but I thought I'd buy the Monistat 1 complete therapy to be sure. I inserted the ovule & about 20 min later I put on the cream. I put on a good amount because I wanted the full treatment. A few minutes later the itching was completely UNBEARABLE!!! It didn't burn at all just SO itchy! It was so uncomfortable I was throwing a temper tantrum trying not to itch. I had to get in the shower & scrub as much of the cream off as I could. Used the wipes after & it's a bit better. DO NOT use this product unless you have a severe YI & are aware of the side affects!!!"

ItchyVag December 27, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I've never had a yeast infection in my life. I knew I had one because I had all the symptoms of one. It wasn't intense itching, but there was definitely a discomfort. My friend told me to get Monistat 1 and I was looking forward into getting rid of the yeast infection fast! Let me tell you, I am so glad I decided to take it at night time. At first it wasn't so bad, then I felt some burning, then some more burning. I thought I was being dramatic but I wasn't! I had to bend over my bed, feeling the intense burn and itch and kept telling myself "Never again!" So that lasted for a solid hour and a half. I felt like the side effects were way worse than the actual yeast infection itself. Long story short, in 2 days I was back to myself again."

Mase2 (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "This did not burn me at all. I recommend taking it before bed as it will fall out if you as you walk. I took this 2 days after taking diflucan oral which did not work, I also used oil of oregano so my vagina was already in extreme pain at the time I took this. It honestly did not burn me but it did make my vagina completely numb. It was a weird feeling I was totally ok with the numbness, in fact I welcomed it. I'm fairly confident this might not work on it's own but I always have to take two different types of medication so it usually cost $50 to cure a yeast infection which is very annoying as it is never covered. Ultimately the cost is worth it to get rid of the pain of the yeast infection though. I'm finally freaking cured!!"

Qwerty987 December 27, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I was VERY worried, based on the reviews I'd read here just prior to using Monistat 1. It was a pleasant surprise to not experience any of the burning so many others complained of. There was definitely some leakage overnight, but that is to be expected. It's twelve hours later, and I'm itch-free, and looking forward to feeling 100% better relatively soon."

Delilah 67 December 26, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I feel like many people commenting must have pretty low pain tolerance...or else the fact that I expected my vagina being slathered in antifungal would be uncomfortable prevented me from being concerned when it was. Yes, there's swelling. Yes, a different kind of itch/burn (way more tolerable than the YI). It was over completely in about 8 hours for me, and it was enough to make me irritable at times. However, on Christmas Day with zero other options....it was a lifesaver. Im only giving 8/10 because its only been 20 hours and there's still just a slight itch, but I feel this will go away and it's nothing compared to what it was before I used this product."

Casey61539 December 26, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I had a bacteria infection, and after taking those metallic tasting pills I always get a yeast infection right afterwards. So I went to Walgreens and purchased this product. I went home, took a bath, then applied the monistat 1 one day use... My cooch has been on fire since I inserted it... So I went online to read the reviews, and I found it good to know that it's not just me with a fire crotch.. however , I do feel like the product works, but the burning feeling is uncomfortable"

Queen of all queenz (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2016