User Reviews for Tioconazole

Also known as: Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator, Tioconazole 1 Day, Vagistat-1

Learn more about Tioconazole.

Tioconazole Rating Summary

4.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 49 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Tioconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "About a week ago my ob prescribed medication for bacterial infection, a few days after that I ended up getting a yeast infection. Tried my probiotic/vitamin C remedy but it didn't work so I tried this one day treatment before I read all the reviews. I took the medication around 530pm after I showered the only side effect I had was around 830pm I had some drainage from the vagina so I recommend using a panty liner. I also had mild itching but I just used walmart brand vagasil instead of what the box came with and that subsided..haven't had any crazy side effects besides mild cramps. Yeast infection hasn't gone away yet if not in 24 hours I'll be calling my OB."

Not so bad (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I'm almost 40 and have only had a handful of YI's, all due to antibiotics. I was put on a very strong antibiotic a week ago and got a severe YI. I used Monistat 1 at 10pm, here it is 2am and I'm dying. Looking at other comments, it appears that 4 hours after you've used it is when the "s" hits the fan. It feels swollen, the burning is insane and it's so thick you can't just wipe it off with wipes. I feel like this is going to be a long night! I definitely don't recommend using this if you have a severe YI. Use the three day or Diflucan. I feel like I've been to hell and back."

The building is on farrrrr (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I took this med before driving somewhere. About an hour after insertion and on my way home, I started to itch. The itch turned into a breathtaking burn. I was driving like a bat out of Hell trying to figure out how to explain the situation to an officer should I be pulled over for speeding. Thankfully I made it home and ran inside to shower. I scratched the itch, washed my vag 3 times, let the water run over it for a good 5 minutes, then got out. I used Vagisil wipes and screamed in agony. After getting dressed, I sat on the couch with my legs spread and slightly whimpering. It has been 3 hours and I think some of the meds have run out of my vag and are now burning my butt. Hopefully this really works. "

MomonFire February 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "After reading all these horror stories about it, I was really worried about it. I bought it before I read any reviews and still used it after the bad reviews because everyone is different. It WORKED. My only complaint is that the itching was more intense after using the cream and the wipes. I've also been putting some witch hazel on a clean towel and pressing it against the areas it itched the most. I feel so much better. Also, definitely recommend using at night, right before bedtime. My shorts were a mess this morning. I'm glad I didn't take it during the day."

eternalmoonchild (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Ok so I first started experiencing what felt like minor itching and the onset of a YI.l a few weeks ago. I have only had YI's after antibiotics and I am a firm believer in probiotics so I thought it was rather odd. I grabbed one of these in hopes that it would be a quick fix and BOY was I in for a ride on Hell's Chu-Chu train! At first, it worked fine. But it didn't cure the YI. I went to the doc yesterday to get Diflucan but decided to use the topical cream as temporary external relief while the script ran its course. I put the cream on about 20 mins ago and have been wallowing in pain since. This is so much worse than the minor itching. I would literally rather take a bullet and die!!! My vag feels like it was attacked by a wasps nest!"

Pain like no otha (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I never write reviews but after the horror stories I've read on here I felt compelled to share my experience. I had already bought and inserted the ovule before reading any of these reviews, maybe a tad bit risky but I live life on the edge. lol I used the product around 6:30pm yesterday evening and have had none of the issues some of the ladies here have experienced. (Thankfully) it's now the next day and I feel nothing more than a cooling sensation down there. I didn't experience any burning but just a small amount of itching a couple hours after using Monistat which was nothing I couldn't handle. It seems to really be doing what it's intended to do. This is my first YI and overall I'm very pleased with the results from using Monistat 1."

onlyjuan (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "In my lifetime only once have I experienced a yeast infection. This would be my 2nd, so I didn't expect what was about to happen. I had been feeling discomfort and instead of seeing my GYN, I walked into the pharmacy and purchased Monistat 1. I inserted this egg thing and about 45 mins later, I was overcomed by this burning sensation that felt as though my va-jei-jei was melting from the inside out! The burning pain was extremely unbearable that I went crazy trying to seek ways to help me feel better. After 2 baths and some Advils, I felt somewhat better. The whole horrific experience took about 2 hours. I wish I would have looked into the reviews before I used it. NEVER AGAIN! Save yourselves the agony, seek professional help."

#callthefiredepartment February 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I never write reviews but this was so terrible I have to. I started feeling like I had a YI yesterday morn and by the evening it was really bothering me. This is only the second time I had a YI and last time I used the montistat 3 day medicine which was ok. So when I saw that I could take the medicine all at once I thought it would b a better experience. I was sooo WRONG! I inserted the medicine around 10 pm and went to bed hoping that I would wake up with it gone instead at 3 am I woke up with the worst burning and itching I ever felt in my life!! The pain was so unbearable for several hours until I came across someone's post who suggested advil to help the swelling. So at around 8 am I took advil and put ice by 10:30 am I feel so much better"

Worst ever! February 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I've had a few YIs before, all due to antibiotics ( yay me) and I've used the Monistat 1 day treatment before and I don't remember having any negative side affects, although I do remember the cream burning/offering no relief. I've had this YI for 5 days and so I decided to try again. I inserted when I got home from work then took a nap, and woke up with 10x the burning, itching and irritation I've had all week! I went to the bathroom and a lot of the medication was in my panties, and I cleaned what I could off of me. It really irritated my skin and it was very uncomfortable for several hours. The only thing that offered any relief was applying damp toilet paper with cold water and even that was only temporary. Never again!!"

Asadsadgirl (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "In between health insurances and I wanted a quick fix... big mistake using Monistat one. Made symptoms worse. Writting this review to save all you ladies the agony that I went through. This medication caused my pelvic lymph nodes to swell up to the point it hurts to walk. DO NOT USE MONISTAT 1! Called my gyno and she even said they do not recommend the one day dose bc it's too potent and can cause major side effects. If you have already Inserted it and start to feel burning ... hang in there and try to rinse out as much as you can out. Call your Dr to call you in a diflucan!"

My Poor vagina February 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"I swear I took this insert before but omg after not even 5 minutes after inserting it felt like fire ants in my freakin vagina and itching like crazy. My YI wasn't even burning yet but now it is! Hopefully it will run its course cause I sure can't sleep like this "

Why worse (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I used the 1day applicator, was fine for 24 hours then started experiencing horrible pain and burning sensations and extreme swelling of vaginal area, I let it go for several days, I figured it would wear off..well day 7 still experiencing same symptoms, some times worse than others. I still have yeast infection, burnt and swollen vaginal area, contact dermatitis from the Monistat1..I now have to take diflucan. Please don't use this product."

Sore Hoohah February 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "So I am literally up at 2 am in the morning I used the ovule at around 10:40 because I thought I should be laying down for the most effective result. Boy do I regret just not going to the doctors for a pill. It is burning and itching I'm currently sitting up to ease the burning/itching sensation. I have done this method before I do remember this experience I don't think it lasted this long or was this aggravating will not use again I believe just about everyone goes through this process if using. I do remember it eventually calming down and was a relief after it goes through its course but in the mean time it's not comfortable at all."

Beans716524 February 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I am 18 and have had several yeast infections before. I first used this product a couple years ago. I, too, had the same horrible side affects from this drug you are reading about right now. I took it before I went to bed, and at around 3am, I swore I would never willingly insert that evil egg in my body again. I cannot describe the pain. However, my symptoms were practically cured the next morning. In a few days, my YI was completely cured. Several months later, I got another YI. Not remembering the promise I made to myself about the evil egg, I purchased more monistat 1. Surprisingly, I did not experience the horrible side affects again. I have used another time and no side effects. I recommend for women who have frequent YIs."

Paitence February 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I used the ovule and did experience the pain and discomfort 2hrs later. Days after I have swelling and pain. I went to doctor and everything was normal. Was told to use cold compress and take ibuprofen for inflammation. Waiting on results."

Midwest123 February 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I had YI for about 5 days before I took Monistat 1, my home remedies weren't working. I inserted the egg at around 1 and now 3.5 hours later I've experienced no burning, mild itching (this was directly after applying the cream so I don't recommend that part). I have a feeling my symptoms will be gone by tomorrow morning. I did go to the bathroom about an hour after inserting the egg and a lot of the medicine came out so be wary. Panty liners will catch the other stuff if you're active (I'm at work). I would recommend only if you KNOW you have a YI, the burning (I think) is caused by other infections. Make sure to wash any clothes/sheets after your YI is gone so it doesn't come back."

jennakindel (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I'm 18 and just experienced my first YI due to an increase of hormones from Plan B. I put the ovule in at around 1 and within an hour the symptoms went down slightly. It still itches like crazy but no longer burns so whether that's an indicator it's working or not I'm not sure. If anything it's the cream that makes it feel worse, it no longer burns when I pee but I wiped with the wipes and reapplied cream and it started burning again. I'd recommend throwing away the cream altogether, I've found using coconut oil externally makes it go down for a while. Here's hoping the symptoms stop by tomorrow. I'd recommend this versus home remedies at the very least."

stellamcmasters18 February 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I had a yeast infection for about 3 days last week. I knew I needed to do something. I purchased the 1 day treatment with the day and night time option. I inserted the medication on my lunch at work with out using the cream or wipes. I then started reading reviews which freaked me out and I got so scared. Nothing happened for a few hours then there was a slight burning sensation. Nothing horrible. Some of the medication came out on the pad I was wearing, and the uncomfortableness lasted the rest of the night. I woke up fine and the yeast infection was gone. Worked for me, and will use this again."

Worked for me February 6, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I was lucky enough to get the "mild burning and/or itching". I literally had to put an ice pack on my crotch. The "mild burning" was a sensation I cannot even describe. I was absolutely miserable for about 3 hours. I am still waiting for results, but I would recommend trying something else before this product. Save your vag the agony."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Like most I did not read about the side effects. Immediately after insertion the burning came on like the California wild fires! I did not understand what was happening until I starting reading the comments posted on this site. I gotta tell you, some of the comments were so funny the way described. I laughed so hard I think I pushed all that horrible medicine out. I'm feeling better now but I don't think I will do doing THAT again!"

QB (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Absolutely miserable experience! I had a super mild YI and thought monistat could be the cure. NEVER AGAIN. The burning/itching has been amplified by 1000 after only three hours. I am currently at the doctor's office holding back tears. 0/10 from me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"Awful! I put in the one time treatment around 11:15pm and I'm up at 1am with the most intense itching/burning sensation of my life! I bought it because the antibiotic I'm taking gave me a YI but this is completely terrible! I want to scratch my vag off. NEVER again."

Holyfire274 (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Never Again!!!!! I inserted the ovule at around 10:00 right after a shower, along with the cream. I woke up around 2:00 am to the worst burning and itching ever. I can't sleep, literally made me burst into tears the pain is so bad!!! Would much rather go back to the slight annoyance of my YI rather than deal with this."

SadUser January 31, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "WOW do not subject yourself to this. Used the one day treatment, put it in at around 9 o'clock and woke up at 1 AM screaming in tears. Vag is burning, stinging, and so itchy. Got in the shower and tried rinsing off any part of the medication and it provided little relief, there's not much you can do besides wait it out. Deffinetly can't sleep with this amount of pain, fingers crossed that if you're reading this it's BEFORE you consider buying this product. The egg you put inside you feels like it's filled with FIRE. Literal FIRE. However at maximum strength relief, there comes major side effects. Over all my YI is gone."

Oliviaaa4a January 30, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

"PLEASE DON'T USE THIS!!! I'm 18 and went and bought this today I followed instructions correctly....within 3 minutes of inserting it my hoo-ha was hurting so bad. I tried to endure the pain cause I thought that meant it was killing the yeast infection. It got worse and worse to the point where I was wanting to scream. I ran to the shower to try to wash it out nothing helped. I took some Midol hoping it will relieve the pain and I'm just laying here praying it'll stop I'm in tears right now. I wish I would have seen this sooner. Calling my doctor as soon as they open in the morning please don't put yourself through this much pain."

Brendaboo132 (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2017