User Reviews for Tioconazole

Also known as: Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator, Tioconazole 1 Day, Vagistat-1

Learn more about Tioconazole.

Tioconazole Rating Summary

4.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 49 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Tioconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Had an irritating Yeast Infecion for a few days with terrible itchying. Decided to make a doctors appointment for the next morning.. but figured I would try Monistat 1 in the meantime. Put the egg in at 5:30pm... didn't feel much for 3 hours. Became slightly itchy around 9:30 pm but it was definitely bearable and nothing compared to how I had felt the previous days due to the yeast infection. Had discharge (mostly medicine) definitely recommend wearing a pad to bed that night and a little bit the next day as well. Within 24 hours my yeast infection was gone and I was feeling good as new! These reviews all scared me quite a lot but I am very relieved none of the horrible burning/itching happened to me. Would definitely use monistat 1 again!!"

Kally12345 April 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I doubt I can do a better job of explaining how awful the side effects of this medicine are than the other women here. Just don't do it."

Ecologist (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Oh. My. God. I thought my YI was bad before I used Monistat and now I'm wishing for that "pain and itching" to return to me. Lord in heaven. I paid a lot for this and my honey pot is BURNING. Not just uncomfortable, I'm literally dancing around and yelling curse words as I'm typing this. I can't take it anymore. I need to ice my vagina. I never thought I would ever NEED to ice my vagina. But thanks Monistat. The grandest of canyons has been scorched by satan's nectar."

axe wound is on FIRE April 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Ladies, please be advised some of the ingredients in Monistat 1 may be what you are allergic to. So sorry to hear of all the bad experiences. This is my third time using Monistst 1 and each time it has cleared up my yeast infection. This time, I just got done taking 10 days of antibiotics and I was popping pro biotic 8 to counter the antibiotics killing both my good and bad bacteria. Probiotics are excellent to keep from getting a yeast infection while taking antibiotics. However, yesterday I had a Colposcopy and Biopsy after I had an abnormal pap. Next day, yeast infection. :( Popped this Monistat1 in and it's practically and instant relief."

Stephy1029 April 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Do not use the cream that comes with this. It turned my hoo-ha into a burning ring of fire. It is 1 am and I have to work tomorrow. It's going to be a sleepless night for me"

Burning ring of fire (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Holy mother. Dying right now. I had moderate swelling and itching from the YI, placed this in at night time. The next time I had a bowel movement the evil egg started to ooze out. My vagina has swollen AT LEAST twice it's size. I feel like I'm being chemically burned. Goopy, which is fine - who cares...but the BURN AND THE SWELLING. I feel like this is worse than my YI. I just finished rocking back and forth naked, on all fours, on my bathroom floor. Prepare yourselves ladies."

Giant vagina April 15, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I used the target brand which has the same exact ingredients. 30 mins after inserting the egg I felt intense burning and itching, WAY worse than it was before insertion. My vagina felt swollen and like it was on fire. I put ice on it for 20 mins and then got a cool bath with aveeno. I started to feel better in about 2 hours. I do not know if this will cure the infection but regardless I will not use this product again. It's not worth it. I'll call the Dr next time for a pill. Currently my vag feels swollen and tingly and burning although the itching has almost gone away."

TrewsLamby444 April 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Holy Moly, I put this in at 11pm and woke up about 2am squirming around in my sheets. Feels like someone put a hot poker up my ying yang. My underwear was just a mess. It's now 8.5 hours later and I'm still on fire!!. I asked my hubby to pick up the 7 day tx but he brought home this one day egg. This is the 2nd YI Ive ever had. My obgyn is always booked up minimum 3 weeks in advance so I thought I would try the OTC stuff. Wow, its like I stuck Vicks Vapor rub or Cayenne pepper up there!!! I'm heading for a cold shower now, hoping to get some of this goop out of me. I hope this burning stops soon and this stuff from hell works after all this burning draining mess. Never again ouch ouch ouch"

Mule girl Joan April 14, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I always usually use Monistat one day because it usually helps get the mess away faster, I used it this last time and because I was so itchy it burned for probably 3-4 hours before I could fall asleep, worst pain ever. Also the YI came back a week and a half later and it must not have got everything. Went to my doctor to get the pill and she recommends always 3 day or 7 day treatments to fully get rid of the infection."

Krisware April 12, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "This is my first time using Monistat Day 1. I will literally never use this again in my life. I have never had yeast infection & I'm 25. I think it's due to my birth control which I just started taking a month ago. I put the ovule in and as soon as I used the cream which was right after I inserted the ovule, I was in agony! I used wipes to wipe off the anti-itch cream. Now I'm laying in my bed, with my eyes full of tears. I have some mild itching & burning sensation. I'm just praying that I'll live through the night. I just texted me mom whom works with my OBGYN to tell her to prescribe me something asap! Because I can't do this. And if my birth control makes me have continuous YI then I'm done with it."

Don't do it! April 11, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Just popped this puppy in last night when I was mighty sleepy, felt a extremely dull stinging right away, but other than that, no side effects and its been 10hrs. Not sure why everyone went through so much pain, but I haven't this far. The discharge or "draining" process hasn't happened so I'm prepared for the worst thanks to the reviews of people"

Anansi (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "So I was told by one of my friends that is a nurse to use this 1 day crap a long time ago. So today I'm like I'll try it out today normally I'll buy a generic brand and it works perfectly fine for me. But nooo I wanted to buy the expensive one today put this lil ball of FLAMES in . OMG"

Ce ce. (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Well ladies just to let you know I tried the 1 day ovule. Inserted at night before bed, let me just say had some intense itching and burning that last about 30 min, but then it went away. I think its the meds working to kill off the infection. The meds will leak out gradually after you're moving around...but wear a panty liner or slim pad to catch. The next day for me no itching or burning. It worked for me! Now waiting a couple more days until the cream completely kills the yeast! Im feeling good!!!"

Mrs. Walls (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I read the reviews after I took this. Usually I do it before but my vagina was on a crazy itchy spree. So I took whatever my husband brought home because I couldn't even walk without itching lol. Anyways these reviews scared the hell outta me. I put the egg in around 2pm I waited a few hours to feel the crazy burning but it never happened. Instead I felt a nice hot/cool feeling like the way mint feels in your mouth. I had a good experience. It's the next day so far its taken the problem away. I do recommend a panty liner on your underwear. Unless you do what I did wear old underwear & threw them out. Everyone is different! So here is the not so scary review."

Itchedyitch April 7, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I just inserted the oval about 45 minutes ago and I unfortunately have not been able to sleep due to the pain. Mine feels more internal though! When I apply the cream it doesn't burn it's up in there that does!! And I constantly am running to the toilet cause it feels like I have to pee and when I do dribble a little out it burns horribly a little more than it already did! I really hope this kicks in....and fast! All in all, I'm not prone to yeast infections however my mom is and she takes cranberry pill capsules daily and apparently it really benefits down there so I recommend that so you don't have to go down this path....times like this I wish I would have listened to my mother lol!! Nothin wrong with cranberry in ur system prone or not"

Alice12567 April 6, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "9/10 It works but it burns like hell and oozes. Use the applicator at night so you can lay down and it won't burn as bad. Also take a couple ibuprofen."

AshCat April 6, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): "AWFUL! I had a terrible reaction to this treatment and half of my vulva swelled up. Wash it out immediately!!"

Lyly4738382 April 3, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I decided to use this because my doctor's office is closed on the weekends. The Monistat 1-Day has me in tears. I read these views right before I used it however, I assumed my experience would be different. I'm in so much pain. My vagina is on fire. I can't hold back the tears. This is the first time and the last time I use this mess. I'm in more pain now then, before I used this stuff. Please save your money, call your doctor."

My tears are reals April 2, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "So I first used this medication years ago right before a trip to Cali. I didn't have time to go to the doctors so I read reviews and took a chance. It cleared me up in 4 days and I felt little irritation. The cream on the other hand left a slight burning sensation. I used the knock off albertsons brand with the same ingredients this time around and felt instant relief. The cream was extremely soothing as well."

Ihaveavagina March 27, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I just wanted to ease everyone pain let them know if this happens take some Benadryl, the pain and itching will go away"

Me29 March 26, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I don't have a regular OBGYN nor do I have insurance or a doctors office on speed dial. Not wanting to await the week long appt time for planned parenthood I went to pharmacy and got the over the counter 1 day cream. Omg! The itch was so intense that it burned! I slept with ice packs between my legs all night and this morning I seem to be very sensitive and very warm. A feel a tad bit swollen as well. No more burn or itch but there is a slight uncomfortable warmth. I had tried to go natural with essential oils and I'm really hoping and I didn't cause any internal burns. This is ridiculous, there needs to be a better over the counter option for women (diflucan). How insane to have to go through this!!"

Nikkirose March 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "So I got a yeast infection and did the home health test to verify. I selected the monistat 1 day egg thing. I remember using this once in the past but only remember not liking the cream oozing out. I figured I would insert this at night right before bed so I could work its magic while I slept. All was fine and dandy at night. When I woke up and started moving about the cream made its way down with a fiery burn of hell. It fell like someone let a colony of fire ants loose in my honey pot. I figured I would wipe away the extra cream making it's way out and the burning would stop but no. As the cream continued to make its way out throughout the morning the more miserable I got. I finally couldn't take it anymore and had to shower and remove it"

Oh no! (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I use these when I need to. It's never a problem. All these people saying they are burning maybe had something more severe. I've never burned with it."

User4445 March 26, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I've never been diagnosed with a YI before, but I figured I knew what it was because I took AZO yeast infection relief pills and it relieved my symptoms. So I went ahead and bought monistat 1 because it seemed like it would work the best (I was dumb and didn't read reviews before purchasing and using). I put it in like 2 hours ago, felt a bit warm and was pretty okay. Then I stood up to get laundry, and all of a sudden it felt like I was wetting my pants. I rushed to the bathroom to see the medicine gooping out of me (should have used it before bed time, but because it said day and night I figured why the heck not). It better work because damn does it burn and itch way more now."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vagistat-1 (tioconazole): "Please just get the diflu one time pill. This egg made me cry for hours, I cussed my girlfriend out while itching and burning. I felt like life would be better if I just died. It started to ease up after a few hours but the itch never went away. Oh and the cream that comes with it.. don't even try to use that!!! It makes EVERYTHING worse. It only sucks because some ppl either don't have insurance, or this life ruining infection creeps up on the weekend when u can't go to your obgyn. Females should be able to get the pill from the pharmacy just as well as they can get a plan b because these creams and eggs are a set up."

cCray March 24, 2017