User Reviews for Tioconazole topical to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Also known as: Tioconazole 1 Day, Vagistat-1, Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment

Tioconazole topical has an average rating of 4.2 out of 10 from a total of 1490 ratings for the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection. 28% of those users who reviewed Tioconazole topical reported a positive effect, while 56% reported a negative effect.

Tioconazole topical Rating Summary

4.2/10 average rating

Compare all 31 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Tioconazole topical

Justme April 28, 2021

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “PLEASE! PLEASE!!!!!! Never use this!!!! I've only had 1 yeast infection in my life so this is my second, I'm in menopause now. This medicine is the worst kind of any kind of medicines in this world!!!! It honestly feels as if you have put acid in you! I thought I was going to have an heart attack, I was that scared thinking I was having an allergic reaction, because that's truly what it feels like. Ladies save yourself ALOT of discomfort and just call or go see your doctors...think about it, something that is so discomforting can't be good for our bodies!!!!”

Noname March 18, 2021

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “So I've had yeast infections before, tried fluconazole which worked great, and even 3 day suppositories have worked very well. Now I get around, not gonna lie but I got tested like a week ago and had a clean bill of health. I haven't done anything that would change it and when I got some of that discharge I knew what was up. So I figured I'd do the one day thing, knock it out. Nah man. I was so swollen, red, itchy and all around in pain. Then stuff got clumpier than it had been before. Thinking that's partially because the medicine was leaking out. Anyway, all around a mess. I got a decent amount out and it feels better but I did leave it for like a day beforehand. Hopefully it got rid of the yeast if nothing else but that was pretty awful.”

Experienced · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2021

“I LOVED this product so much more than the ovule. The ovule burns very bad while the pre filled Gel tube is a must have! I do believe that some of these women are talking about the egg because I have experienced pain and swelling with that one VS the pre filled Gel tube. And let me tell you, if you’ve had a yeast infection and have tried the egg, and it hurt you- I would MOST DEFINITELY try this one! It will save a trip to the DR’s, pharmacy, and dealing with all the people. This stuff works! No pain, just like the Gel you get from the DR’s office. A+ Must have! Highly Recommended”

joebiden · Taken for less than 1 month November 7, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “This is my second time buying Tioconazole. The yeast infection only came back because I took a course of antibiotics, the first time it went away completely for a good while. Ticonazole burns and itches, trust me I know, but that just means that it’s working. The more severe your infection is the more it burns. It’s going to feel like you just inserted hot sauce into your kitty. Again, I feel the unbearable burning and itching but the long run results are worth it”

My vag = Global warming · Taken for less than 1 month January 2, 2016

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “Pretty sure this egg ovule isn't filled with medicine, but a tiny FIRE BREATHING DRAGON that has hatched and is now spewing it's red hot flames all over the walls of my pink canoe. I feel as if I am straddling an active volcano as it erupts inside of my hoo-ha. My lady bits are the new Pompeii. I'm pretty sure this medicine has turned my bits into a furnace. The only relief from what feels like birthing satan himself has been waddling over to my freezer and wedging as many ice cubes as possible between my sizzling meat flaps. The pain of this wretched excuse for medicine can only be compared to mistaking a tampon for a stick of dynamite. Best of luck to my fellow yeasties! RIP to our vaginas.”

Dovah May 18, 2017

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “Lol don't be such babies. Men are supposed to act like babies. Yes the stuff burns and itches with the medicine. It's supposed to. It's destroying the fungus lol. The product works and it didn't burn and itch for that long. Like I read on one review... we are women crap happens to us and worse stuff than a yeast infection. Toughin up. Buy the product”

Sunflower March 28, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “DO NOT USE! Extreme burning. If you do, this is how I got rid of majority of my symptoms. Luckily I caught it early. First sit over the toilet and try to push as much of the Tioconazole out of your vagina as possible using your vaginal canal muscles. Also lightly wipe up as much of the serum you can with toilet paper, just dab it. Then run a warm bath. Sit in the water and try to flush a much of the ointment out as possible. After doing this several times rinse off and the symptoms, in my case were way way lower and eventually were not there after an hour. I hope this helps. They should take this item out of stores.”

Sammi5 February 7, 2015

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “Once I bought this product I looked up reviews for it afterwards, it greatly discouraged me because it had such poor reviews, I really don't know why, it did exactly what it was supposed to do, in under 24 hours I was relieved of all symptoms. I would highly recommend this product.”

PeachyMe5 June 24, 2014

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I've had ongoing yeast infection for over 2 months now - I know, it's been too long - but at first I just thought it was dry skin and then I thought it was fungus because I get that sometimes from tanning. Long story short, I went to the clinic, they gave me fluconazole 1 tab, and a vaginal gel to use over 5 days. After these, I got massive cottage cheese (I didn't have it before). The discharge went away after a couple days and I was back at square 1 with dry skin and redness. I used Monistat 1 day treatment last night and slept like a baby- no burning and no discomfort. This morning the redness is mostly gone and dry skin is completely gone. Some of the medicine is coming out with urination but that's normal. I'm very happy with this product.”

xaprilx2 January 15, 2015

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “This is the best and most effective product I've used. I've had yeast infections before and it takes about a week to be fully recovered. But Monistat 1 day is awesome. I would suggest doing this before bed, there will be leakage for the next few days so a panty liner or pad is suggested. I didn't experience the burning sensation. I applied the ovule at 6:30 pm one evening before showering, the next day I woke up my itch was gone and by 6:30am my yeast infection was clear. Still leakage but less.... the 2nd day it very little to non. So it does work in 1 day. Love it!”

M&M January 18, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “Yes itching and burning after use but nothing I couldn't tolerate. Woke up in the middle of the night to pee and I'm good. No burning or itching I'm sure it is doing it's job. I'm thinking the ones who are experiencing those horrible symptoms had infections that were more advanced! I will definitely use this product again.”

Emily · Taken for less than 1 month December 17, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “Skip this product. I’ve had 2 vaginal yeast infections before from taking antibiotics and AZO yeast plus has always worked for me. Well my pharmacy was out and they didn’t have monistat so I grabbed Tioconazole 1 day. I did my nightly routine and right before bed I inserted the medication (around 10:30pm). Instantly I felt burning that wasn’t there before. I brushed it off and went to bed. I woke up at 3:03 am with the worst pain in and out of my vagina. It felt like a shard of glass was stuck in my vagina preventing me from sitting up correctly. I went to the bathroom after forcing myself up and I felt okay to lay back down. I woke up this morning at 7am and my vagina is literally swollen. This was my first time ever using this product but I will never buy it again.”

Currentlyinhell December 19, 2019

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “DO NOT USE! Although if you are reading this, I suspect you already have and are now currently experiencing the raging fire from hell in your vagina accompanied by the painful swelling replicated only by pushing a tiny human out of your vagina. I bought the Monistat brand at full price, so I wasn’t going for the cheap stuff. I didn’t look up reviews first because who would think such a volatile product would exist? I inserted the medication at 11pm, within minutes I felt the burning, but I left it in and took some sleeping medication hoping to wake with a bit less discomfort that I’d had the last few days. I WAS SO WRONG! Seriously, I had a child WRECK my vagina during birth and this pain and swelling is comparable to that. All I can say is that the medication dang well better work because I’m currently sitting in a bath of baking soda and had to cancel all plans for today. RUN. If you were smart enough to look up reviews first.”

yeastbegone March 6, 2017

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I picked this up at CVS out of sheer desperation after suffering from a yeast infection for quite some time. I had tried clotrimazole and coconut oil in an attempt to resolve it more gradually, but I caved and bought the 1 day. Of course I looked at reviews after I had inserted it, so mild panic ensued. But! I had a very positive experience, which is what spurred me to write here. I understand if looking at the negative reviews scares you (they scared me too), but all I experienced was a mild warmth and today all seems completely cleared. Just thought I'd share a more positive spin on a product that truly worked for me.”

Noname · Taken for less than 1 month September 10, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “Today I noticed some creamy discharge with white specs that appeared yeasty to me by the eye. So I bought this 1 day tioconazole. Shortly after, literally maybe 5-10 minutes after insertion, I felt some itching and a warmer feeling inside my vagina. THEN and only then did I read the reviews. Everyone is saying they have lots of burning, itching and swollen lady parts. I really hope that doesn’t happen to me seeing as though I wasn’t all the way sure of the symptom I noticed earlier in the day. Not sure if I should go push this medication out over the toilet like everyone says. But I am afraid I’ll wake up with a swollen vagina like the others. I’ll update soon...”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2013

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I've just used the Monistat 1-Day last night at about 11:30pm. Some of it came out during my morning bathroom visit, but there's quite a bit left. I even took a shower after the suggested 9-12 hours. I don't feel all the way well just yet, but I haven't experienced the extreme burning or itching side effects that a lot of people are so upset about. The only way this one day thing can work is if you actively keep up on your health and sugar intake while the medicine does it's work. Take Azo so you don't have to worry about going to the bathroom and do in fact GO to the bathroom when and as soon as you need to. Wipe front to back and wash BEFORE SEX. Not just after.”

Fire in the hole · Taken for less than 1 month August 31, 2018

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “The only thing getting me through the most painful, burning, itching I’ve ever felt down there is reading these comments. But laughing makes it burn and itch more. I’m in hour 2 and looking for Benadryl. I can only find kids liquid formula in my house and I’m seriously considering making myself a cocktail of that and whiskey. I’m pretty sure this stuff was concocted by the military to make the enemy talk. “If you don’t tell us, you’re getting a dose of Monistat 1. The EGG.””

ad54 · Taken for less than 1 month May 22, 2014

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I was nervous about using the one day Monistat because of all the negative reviews I read but you have to remember that everyone reacts differently to everything, so keep that in mind! I used it before I went to bed and I felt some burning about 15-20 minutes after I did it, but that only lasted about an hour and it wasn't intense or anything ridiculously uncomfortable at all. I woke up to take my morning bathroom trip and I didn't feel any of my normal burning or itching when I went pee, so needless to say it does work! I still feel a little itchy but it doesn't burn or irritate me like before and I didn't expect it to cure me completely in one day. I suggest wearing a pad because of the leaking!”

Gen · Taken for less than 1 month August 17, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “I got a vaginal yeast infection and after literally scratching my skin raw, I decided to buy this. I kinda always go for the generic brands anyways. I was so scared after reading all the reviews, but I’m glad I tried it. Only thing I felt was very little itching for like an hour but nothing I couldn’t handle, then after like 3-4 hours I felt symptoms start to get better. I put it in last night around 7:30pm and now it’s 7am and I feel totally fine. I guess others had a little worse of an infection cause I feel good. I would definitely buy again.”

Jay September 17, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “So I inserted the Tioconazole 1 Day around 12 it eased the itching and burning. I still can feel tingling! However now my lady parts are swollen . Trying to wait it out for so I won’t have to go to hospital!”

Raeroo · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 21, 2019

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “Inserted this just before bed last night, and when I woke up, my vagina was swollen up to twice it’s normal size - it literally looked and felt similar to the way it did when I gave birth to my daughter! I could barely walk or stand, and I actually have little red raw spots that I am now convinced are little burns. I used hydrocortisone to combat the horrible symptoms Tioconazole gave me, but I am still feeling really awful. I will NEVER but this ever again”

Anonymous January 29, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “As a husband. I beg of you. Do not use this product....my wife is literally sitting in her bathtub hunched over in pain and a few tears.... you will absolutely regret using this product. This product burns itches and its all around unbearable to watch let alone endure...”

jaee · Taken for less than 1 month October 27, 2014

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I developed a yeast infection and didn't want to deal with the 7 days of inserting the medicine, so I tried Monistat 1 and after applying it I ready the reviews and they were HORRIBLE! But do not let them scare you because I had little to no burning at all! Just a mild tingling sensation. In two days I started to notice relief. Wear a light panty liner for a few days. This product worked extremely for me, it all depends on how it reacts for you! Definitely try it!”

Dragon cat · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2019

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “If you’re like me and used this product BEFORE reading the reviews, just know, you may also like to ready an ice pack and an anti-inflammatory of some kind! I’m about 6 hours in and I’m pretty sure there is a tiny flame thrower inside the applicator. I read the instructions and it clearly states that remaining product can be applied to the outer parts, but unless you’re into pain, don’t do that. My lady bits started throbbing from the pain and now they have been renamed my NO NO place!! It’s swollen and itchy and 12x worse then when I began this horrid road to recovery. I have faith in my who-ha that she will bounce back but of all the beatings she’s taken over the years, this ones got to be the worst few hours in her history.”

Julia · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “I do NOT recommend. I wish I would have read reviews before hand. I’m highly upset I wasted time on this product. I didn’t experience any burning or extreme itching when I had put it in but I did wake up to a severely swollen vagina & now it hurts to do anything. I’m so uncomfortable & can hardly sit down. I regret trying this & not just sticking with the monistat 1.”

Hot pocket November 14, 2016

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “Let me tell you.. this stuff is not for the weak! My hot pocket was on fire about 30-45 mins after I inserted that devil stick in me. I really think it Made me worse because now it hurts to even put my underwear on. Definitely going with the 3 day cream next time. I've never felt a burn and ich so bad in my life. My hot pocket is literally swollen. Also the medicine ran out of me like ginger ale and Alka-Seltzer's had got together in there and had a party.”

Anonymous April 25, 2014

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I used Monistat 1 on a Tuesday for a yeast infection. I am pleased to say that it is now Friday and I am 100% better. I had no increase in discharge, if the ovule is placed correctly then discharge should be minimal. I will warn any users that yeast infections can delay the start of your period based in studies I read. Mine has delayed three days at this point and pregnancy test came up negative. Good luck!”

B7 April 27, 2015

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “Monistat 1 Day treatment worked for me. Burned and itched for about 4-5 hours when first applied. Drained mostly out for about 3 days after usage. Sometimes it will not drain all the way out, lightly douche with water only to clear the rest if not cleared completely by day 4. Most will clear itself though. No sex during this process. Try to wait until day 5 or until monistat completely drains from the vagina. Overall good product. Any monistat will do the trick for a yeast, whether it's the 1 day 3 day or 7 day.”

Learn more about Vaginal Yeast Infection