User Reviews for Tioconazole

Also known as: Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator, Tioconazole 1 Day, Vagistat-1

Learn more about Tioconazole.

Tioconazole Rating Summary

4.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 49 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Tioconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "So I am a 33 year old woman who has only had one YI in my life.... until this one. I recently had a kidney/uti infection and that sent my vagina into a tail spin... it was the weekend and I had no access to my dr. Or Diflucan.... so I figured the ovule one day treatment would be awesome until late I could get to see my dr. BOY was I wrong.... HOLY CRAP... I put in my ovule around 7.... and layer down for a few hours. Went to get up to use the restroom and all hell broke loose. No sooner was I back in bed the fire of a thousands suns was burning my vagina and the itching was WAY more intense then the YI itself.... then I Googled and found this page thank good.... currently in Luke warm bath... and I have an ice pack ready for when I lay down"

Emma48135 August 29, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Fire in the hole! In my opinion to use this product you have to be a sadist or a pysco. I'm on a strong course of antibiotics for an upper respiratory infection and as a present I got a yeast infection as an result. I decided to use the 1 day treatment to just get it over with and it may be the worst decesion of my life. Within moments after I administered the treatment I began with an intense burning and itching sensation that was worst than the infection's symptoms. I just hit a home run with my shower head to try and alleviate the discomfort and rid myself of the devil cream. I would not recommend nor ever use again. User beware!"

AyeChiMama August 27, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I tried this yesterday night and went straight to bed. Woke up with some cramps and a lot of leftover discharge. But I don't feel nasty anymore and I don't have odor. It was nice meeting with you monistat1. My YI is damn near gone in a day."

Bihhhh (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Alright ladies. I seriously suggest doing your research before using this product. My mother has used this product with no problems in the past, so when I got my first yeast infection this week, she had no reservations about getting this medication for me. Unfortunately I had to go to Urgent Care two days later, due to severe swelling and pain. The doctor knew immediately that I had taken Monistat and said that it is common that this product makes the infection much worse. So I guess if you feel like flipping a coin on whether or not you want a swollen vagina, by all means go ahead. Instead, I suggest you go to an Urgent Care center. The bill will not be ridiculous and the prescription cost me $8 at Walmart. Best of luck."

Swollen and Disgruntled (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I was prescribed diflucan and for some reason that pill didn't work this time. I then went to the store and bought Monistat One Day, (I've never used this product before. Only Monistat 7 and 3), and was hoping it would just make the itchiness and discomfort go away ASAP. But instead, when I woke and some cream had come out when I went to pee, I started getting an allergic reaction...that's what I would call it. I just started burning and itching more on the outside of my vagina and I had to spritz it down with cold water. And no, it didn't cure my yeast infection. This stuff is strong! No joke, it's trial and error. It works for some, but you're only lucky if it does. I'm never using this product on my poor vagina ever again."

Kay1212 August 25, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "this is the first review I've left in anything ever because I think as girls it's important we have eachothers backs on things like this. FIRST. When you take this, be sure to have a bottle m of wine ready and some serious distraction. Don't think you can just pop it in and feel better in a few hours. This thing will burn and itch like the devil himself is inside of you, BUT. you're putting something in you that's expected to treat you over night that is really supposed to be span of 7-10 days. That's a whole lot of chemicals in your already sensative lady parts. So it will burn and itch like hell, and I wouldn't recommend it if you have a low pain tolerance. But if you can open a bottle of wine and clean your house. Promise it works!!!"

No pain no gain? (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Well even tho I read the comments I still decided to use it. Ummm it's about 3 hours in and I'm just feeling anything. I can't say it's a burning but feels more like peppermint is on it. Like a intense cooling. But definitely not burning. On the other hand I am having some cramps. I really hate cramping! Hopefully it works! I guess I don't have a sensitive vag after all lol."

NoMoreYeast (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I noticed that I had the beginnings of a yeast infection and I wanted it gone before it could completely come to term. So a day after I first noticed the infection (the itching burning hadn't begun yet, only clumpy discharge), I decided to take Monistat 1. I chose this medication because I had a date with sexy time scheduled for later in the week and I didn't want my yeast infection to get in the way. I took the medication during my lunch break and a couple hours later i felt a warm, burning sensation. For me, the side affects were uncomfortable but they were not unbearable. By the end of the night the warm burning sensation was gone, but my clit felt a bit swollen. The next day I felt great and had only minor discharge."

MissyRobbi (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

"**PLEASE READ** if you love or care for yourself, EVEN THE TINIEST BIT, please do not put your body through this. This has been the absolute worst pain i have ever endured down there. It feels as if hell had broke loose inside my vagina. it felt like someone had heated up a metal rod to 394802387483 degreed and shoved it inside of me. Horrible."

carmen293278 (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I hate myself for taking this. My symptoms before were bearable prior to me taking Monistat. Just soreness and odorless, lumpy discharge. No burning or itchiness. I don't even know if I really have a YI honestly but it seemed like one. I took it at 12:30am, at 4:00am I woke up to pee and went back to sleep for about 20 minutes and woke back up with my vagina on fire. I was so confused because I had took Monistat years before when I was in high school for my first and only other YI and I did not have these side effects. I've taken a long cold shower and got whatever I could out before my vagina had swelled shut. I also noticed my pelvic lymph nodes were protruding from my body. Smh. I'm angry, sad, and embarrassed about the whole situation."

RoseyJ (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

"The first time I used this was for my last yeast infection and my symptoms were gone by 2 days. I'm allergic to flucanazole so I have to take other medications when I get these. This time I'm pregnant and am trying it again hoping for the same results as last time. I forgot how bad it itches when you first put it in but that goes away for me soon after. It's because the dose is so concentrated but it's worth it in the long run to keep it in and let the medicine do its magic. I've also tried the 7 day treatment of a different ingredient and it did not work for me after all that work."

Imtwiggy August 23, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "PLAIN YOGURT on your vag topicallly helps!!! Used Monistat-1 because I wanted to fix the YI ASAP. Inserted ovule, used a little cream on the outside, went to bed. Woke up 3 hours later when the ovule discharged and suddenly everything was on fire! Inside, outside - burning worse than I'd ever felt. The only 24 hour store near me didn't have the Vagisil I wanted but then I remembered something crazy-sounding I'd read years ago - use yogurt as a topical yeast infection treatment. Gooey? Sure. Effective? YES!!! Slathered some plain Greek yogurt on there and am already feeling slightly better and think I can sleep. In the morning will wash the rest of the Monistat out and retreat. Jeez, what a horrible experience."

vikama August 21, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "This product freaking rocks! I'm 21 and currently on Clomid. I just got the WORST yeast infection of my life, because of my hormones and this stuff saved me! I took it the same day I got the yeast infection, and 2 days later I'm cured! I recommend this product of you're not sensative. I had no issues"

Crystalll21 (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "ALERT: will light your vag on fire. I stupidly inserted just before an amazing date night with my man. I ended up considering medevac-ing myself to the nearest IVU (Intensive Vag Unit). Still burning the next day. I wanna punch myself in the face. Horrible, horrible, torturous product. Must have been created by a misogynist."

Flaming Vag Torture Product August 20, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I wish I had read these reviews before trying Monistat-1. Like everyone, I normally use the 3-day or 7-day treatment but thought I'd step up into more modern medicine. Within 20 minutes of insertion I was itching and burning. It's too much medicine and causes a very bad reaction. Itching, burning, swelling, inflammation. The side effects are worse than the yeast infection itself. I'm on day 2 and still feel the reaction. The burning has subsided but I still have some itching and inflammation. What's worse is: I don't know if I still have a YI because the medicine's effects are so bad!!!! I will never use this medicine again and I'm passing this information on to every woman I know!"

Who_who_on_fire August 18, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! I get mild yeast infections every once in a while and it usually lasts a few days and goes away. Well I decided to try monistat 1. I inserted the ovule around 9pm and used the cream provided for just around the outside of my vagina and went to bed. I peed an hour later and went to lay down and I start to feel this intense burning pain. My vagina was swollen, red and the burning and itching was so painful and uncomfortable I couldn't sleep. I took a warm bath and then put ice on my vagina trying to ease the pain. finally after 2 hours got to a point where it wasn't completely unbearable but still burned. Today, 24 hrs later, it still is swollen, red and burns worse than the actual yeast infection. Waste of money!"

nene_ August 18, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I have frequent YI due to several rounds of antibiotics over the winter (i was sick often). I usually use the Monistat 1 with the ointment in the applicator, not the ovule. At this point I've done it enough to know to go to sleep immediately after inserting it. I've never experienced the burning and pain some have, just an uncomfortable itching sensation deep in my vagina. This is the first time I've used the ovule and while I didn't have any pain or itching, it did not work at all. A week later and my YI is still going strong. With the ointment, it usually clears up significantly by the next morning. Now I have to spend another $20 because this time was useless. I'll be using the pre filled ointment applicators from now on. NOT the ovule."

cmmmmmm August 17, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "My 14 yo dtr used this med at the recommendation of our pediatrician. Just like many others, soon after inserting the med she experienced burning and itching. She was crying and crawling on the floor. We tried warm bath and that helped. Gave her benadryl also. 2 and half hours after inserting it she is asleep with an ice pack between her legs. Not sure yet what the results will be yet. Pretty sure she will never use this again!"

Shoobie (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Coming to the end of my period and have been suffering with a YI the entire time. I always have used Monistat 3 day treatment, but wanted to try the 1 day because if convenience and obviously I want quick relif since I have been suffering for 4 days. I'm glad I came here before purchasing my 1 day, because they reviews are horrible for the OVULE! Opted for the CREAM filled applicator, because I am hard headed and was determined to get rid of this YI, ASAP. NO PROBLEMS at all. Put it in at 3 after work, went and ran some errands. It is now 6 hours later and my itching and discomfort is completely gone. I'm a little tender but the cream is heaven sent, I tell you. BTW I just learned you can use all Monistat products on your period!!"

R&C August 17, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Used as directed. itching mostly gone, but a burning sensation arose. Ignored it and slept, only to be awoken by a very intense discomfort on the vulva. The internet entries were submitted over a year ago with no solution. 12 hours after initial application I am very uncomfortable doing anything and everything. Sitting, walking, doing nothing hurts and now burns. The burning doesnt hurt, moving anything more than 1 cm in my chair or walking is horribly painful. So I decide to examine the area and discover a swollen and terrifying area that no longer resembles a labia. Nothing has ever taken a huge toll on my self esteem and body than this.See your OBGYN unlike my dumb a**, I might be allergic to the egg part. 24hrs later little less swollen"

SkippedIt (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

"Horrible!!! Please don't use this product!! Severe itching burning and swelling!! Felt like I was going to die! This should be taken off the shelves"

Anonymous August 12, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Omg....NEVER AGAIN will i use monistat 1!! I am 41 and first YI in my life and it was dt to being off thyroid meds for 3 wks (yes ik bad but whole diff story) so i had symptoms for about a wk so decided to buy M1 i insert cream around midnight and by 3:30 i was awake!! My vagina was on fire and my labia and clitoris were swollen to anout 4 x's normal size. It hurt so so bad i had to sit in a warm bath then lay in bed with my legs open as wide as i could make them with a fan on just to keep from crying!!! I would live with the YI over this any day!"

1brdgrl (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Worst experience ever. I took monistat 1 for a yeast infection to relieve the itching and burning and went to bed thinking that it would all be better in the morning. Not the case. Two hours in I wake up from th most intense itchiness and burning I have ever felt. I tried to remove the ovule but it had already dissolved. Now I'm at the ED waiting for a physician to tell me I just have to wait for the itching to go away. I am never using this product again."

Lolik August 11, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Omg! This product cause burning and itching. It says you can use it day or night BUT!!!!!!!! DONT. It is worse than the actual yeast infection. I did it at home around 3ish took a nap work up to BURNING AND ITCHING SO BAD! Ended up taking the prescribed antibotics for it by 7pm. Wow won't ever use again!"

Faith58102 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Buyer beware! Like many other users I learned too late, your vagina will catch fire when you insert the capsule. I inserted about 8pm, then at 10pm I peed and went to bed. That's when the unbearable burning and itching started. It immediately escalted to me thinking something had to be wrong, I'm having a bad reaction! I quickly got online and found these reviews! I took one users advice and hopped into a warm bath with about 1/2 of apple cider vinegar. It helped, the pain come down from a full on 10 to about 7. My no longer squirming and grabbing my vagina in agony. But it's still very uncomfortable and hope I can get some sleep. I will not use this product again. I'll just go to doctor to get a one dose oral med next time."

SLG111 August 10, 2016