User Reviews for Tioconazole

Also known as: Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator, Tioconazole 1 Day, Vagistat-1

Learn more about Tioconazole.

Tioconazole Rating Summary

4.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 49 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Tioconazole to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "this is my first yeast infection and so I bought the monistat 1day ovule..it was very uncomfortable to put in and it felt like a marble was sitting up there..no more itching or burning than what was already going on but because it was so uncomfortable I wasn't sure that I put the ovule up far enough because about 2 hrs later the ovule seems to dissolve and come out...definitely will just deal with the 7 day gel one next time and will probably end up going to the doctor anyways."

Anonymous September 27, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "This is my first time using this product and I didn't have any itching or burning , felt a little weird at first but nothing serious like I have seen in the other reviews , it's only been about 3-4 hours since I applied the egg , so hopefully by morning Everything will be back to normal."

Riah5 September 25, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "OMG! Only the 2nd YI I have ever had & thought I would try this instead of going to the doctor. DO NOT buy this product. After 20 minutes I swear there are flames shooting out my lady parts. Nothing seems to help the burning. I applied a cold washcloth, sat in front of a fan, it feels like I applied Ben-Gay to my business. My YI is worse since using this product."

Fullerj September 24, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "So I inserted Monistat 1 about 7:00pm today it's now 9:28pm and ohhhh my geesh!! It burns it burns it burns down there and it's itchy out of this world ,I didn't even have these much problems with the yi itself. I will never use this product again. I applied the cream that comes with it and seems like it only made it worse I just want to take a bath and wash it all out. Next time I'll just go to urgent care and get an oral medication for yeast infection"

978669 September 24, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I have used both the ovule yeast infection monistat and the cream filled ointment. When I used the ovule I didn't have pain, just EXTREME itching. It kept me up hours until I was so exhausted that I just fell asleep. I used medicine for BV (5 nightly tubes of medicine in that area) and most of the reviews said it gave them a yeast infection. Well, it gave me one. I am so prone to vaginal infections, can anyone help me? Anyway, went to Safeway and grabbed monistat 1 and when I got home, I opened it and was like what is this!?!? While I was inserting the cream, I had a very bad feeling. I laid in bed and FaceTime my boyfriend, waiting for the pain and itchiness. It never came. I had zero issues with this medicine. Hope it works though!"

Arizonalover77 September 23, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Oh great. No I find these reviews as I'm about three hours post insertion of this torture device. Oh the pain and burning. I mean right after I put it in!!!! Why oh why????? I didn't know. Now I do."

Mstanfordrn (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I chose the 1 day Monistat out of all the choices because I figured it would be the fastest treatment, HOWEVER the fastest is not always the best choice. After appllying I immediately has a burning sensation and so I laid down for 2 hours, got up and that same burning was magnified by 100 times over! It was so painful! I wished I had a douche so I could get it out. If I had another yeast infection in the future I would go to my doctor, I would never use such a strong medication like this."

Sweet lily_44 September 20, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I haven't had a YI in years but my diet is off, stress levels are up with my new job, house, etc. So I concluded I had a mild yeast infection whic I caught immediately bc I am a keen lister to my body. I say that because there was some discomfort. Anyway, I took Monistat 1 extra strength. There was in increase in my discomfort with slight burning but no itching at all. I purchased yogurt and drank water. I went to sleep. Next day, I was relieved. Honestly, it worked for me. No burning, swelling, or itching, praise Yah! If I had read the reviews I may not have bought this product. I'm sorry about the experience of others. However, I would use this product again. I hated to spend $22 but in the end the relief was worth it"

ELC September 20, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Awesome stuff. After about 30 mins of having it in me and reading these online reviews, which attest to awful reactions, I pushed out the excess gel, and took a hot bath. 4hrs later the infection symptoms are nearly gone. I'm headed to bed now but I feel great."

Curlysue89 September 20, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I used the product before bed and by morning everything hurt 'down there' I felt like My vagina had gone through a blender. Not so much burning but just SORE, even sitting down at work was painful. It's been 15 hours and the pain is about half of what it was and the itching is gone! I can take the pain for relief from the darn itching that fast! Sooooo grateful it's almost gone!!!"

15 hrs of ouch is worth it. September 19, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I had symptoms for 2 days. I picked up the 1 over the 7-day because I liked how you insert the medicine INTO the infected area. I read these reviews after I had purchase and hesitated. I took a shower before bed, inserted ovule and braced myself... I watched TV for about an hour in bed before falling asleep just fine. I woke in the morning -zero 'pain' just the discomfort from the YI I had already been feeling before. During the day the swelling and burning did increase but nothing unbearable. That night I took a shower and peed before going to bed and about 80% of it plopped out in the toilet. By morning the swelling went down and I felt amazing! Such relief!! more days later and now and it's even better. Worked great for me."

AussieGirlinCA September 18, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I usually do the 3 day moistat, but grabbed the monistat 1 day this time. NEVER AGAIN!!! Do NOT use this product. I fully support removing this product. Im super sick from the flu. I went to the doctor and was put on antibiotics. So I was smart and just picked up the monistat when i picked my antibiotics. I had woke up uncomfortable and knew it was time to use the monistat. That night, right before bed I used said product. As soon as used it, it started to burn. By morning, everywhere on my body it had touched i developed chemical burns. Went straight to the ER because of the pain and swelling. I was unable to uriate or defecate because of the swelling. I was completely swollen crack to crack, and red swelling down the inside of my legs!!!"

Cc1399Cc (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I've never experienced any type of side effects of yeast infection medications until I bought this Monistat 1 day. OMG!!!! The burning is unbearable. It's been almost 2 days and I'm still burning. I'll just have to bear it until the effects are gone. UGH!!! Don't do it ladies!!!!"

DON'T BUY IT! !!!! September 18, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I wouldn't wish this pain on my worst enemy. Within a half hour I was on fire and swollen. I took a bath and currently have an ice pack on. I can only hope the pain subsides soon. Do not take this product. Call your doctor and get an antibiotic. I have never experienced something like this before."

Worstpainnever September 17, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "LADIES....first let me express the importance of eating a good brand of yogurt everyday if you are EVER on antibiotics!!! Antibiotics not only kill the bad bacteria, but the good bacteria as well. Go to the store and buy yogurt with lactus bacillus and other "live cultures" in it. Mountain high is a yummy brand or any of the Kefir yogurts to help restore the good bacteria in your lady parts. Now, I took the monistat 3 for my first YI, ever. About 20 minutes into it my vagina did feel like fire aunts were in there, burning so awfully, that I just decided to go to sleep. Day 2&3 did not burn at all. Cleared up perfectly by day 3. Sleep through the first night."

Raaachyraaach (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Never.Again. Whatever you're going through this product will raise your pain and discomfort to hellish levels. Go diflucan, or a 3 day, or a 7 day...anything but this one. the pain is killing me right now."

Gaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh September 16, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "At first I was skeptical because of the reviews I read... But of course I had read the reviews lol after I had already inserted the medication... I was so scared to fall asleep... I literally was waiting on the horrible experiences I've read about but thank God I didn't.... It worked great... I'm glad I bought it... Maybe you guys have had allergic reactions and didn't know.... Idc but like I said it worked wonders for me. No itching no horrid burning or swelling... Just a lot of discharge other than that it was great."

Dreaabug September 16, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "After taking a 10 day round of antibiotics for a sinus infection, I ended up with yeast Infection. I had no discharge, just itching inside and out the vejay. I went to Stop and Shop and got the 1 day Monistat Ointment. I applied it before bed. Immediately I felt the ointment was working, because I felt the itching had stopped and I felt a mild burning sensation. I went to sleep at 10PM and later awoke to go to the bathroom at 3AM. I felt a little burning sensation on the outside of my vejay, very mild sensation. I wiped myself with tissue in cold water and went back to sleep. The next morning I had no symptoms. I would recommend Monistat 1 ointment to cure yeast infections fast."

Serious Ointment Cure (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Worst nightmare ever! I had a slight yi and was on antibiotics so I thought I'll cut it off at the pass and spring for the big guns so I opted for the ovule. Day 1 was fine no real issues. I woke up day 2 with the biggest mother of all itches and it burned too I tried the cream that comes with it made it worse!?! My lady parts swelled . I took oatmeal bath read other reviews and decided it was just a bad reaction. day 3 hives on my thighs and hips. Then the moved to anywhere I scatched a welt would show up. The only relief for the itch was ice but I was a little afraid to get frostbite on my burning deformed lady bits. Day 4 woke up at 4am went to urgent care am on prednisone and Benadryl the Dr said don't ever use again. the end!"

lulup September 14, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I had a mild yeast infection as a result of taking an antibiotic earlier this week. I thought it would subside on its own but after day 3 i figured I should go buy some Monistat as it usually works for me. I've never bought Monistat 1 and I NEVER will again. I put in the ovule ate 12:30 AM and was AWOKEN FROM MY SLEEP at 4 AM with the Devil's wrath on my vagina. It is burning like crazy and itches so bad!!! DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!!! I would have gone to an Urgent Care if I had known the side affects would be this horrid"

Hdjxjdjan September 13, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I have been sick for the a few days and on top of that ended up getting a yi, great. My boyfriend being the wonderful guy he is went to the store and get me moistat 1. I figured, like everyone else, that it would work faster then the 3 day that I used last time. I inserted the egg just before bed and slept through the night. When I woke the next morning the pain was almost unbareable. I tried taking a bath, blasting it with the water, and ice packs, but it just kept getting worse before bed the following day I looked... bad idea, my vag looked like a crime scene, there are open sores and it's very swollen almost looks like it was dipped in acid. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!!! NOT WORTH IT!!!!!"

Ssssshhhhhiiiitttttt! (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "Never again!! I wish I would have read the reviews also. The side effects from the product are 10xtimes worse than the YI. I have swelling, itching and unbearable burning! This is even after I took the product almost 24 hours ago."

Jo-ella (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I wish I read reviews about the drug earlier! I just took the first dose of M3 about 40 min ago and it BURNS! The burning is decreasing at a painfully slow rate and it's still pretty bad. I was expecting to fall asleep faster than this. You all don't know how relieved I am to not be the only one experiencing this! I'm not sure about the effectiveness of the drug yet, but there must be a less painful alternative than this."

Mer1 September 6, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "I took a plan b last week and plan b is known for throwing your ph balance off so I caught a yeast infection . My vagina felt very raw and I kept a cold towel down there to numb the pain . I took Monistat 1 because that's what the CVS pharmist perscribed . This YI was so unbearable and what made it worst is I'm on my period . I inserted the egg and put the cream everywhere . I barely want to walk ,talk , eat or do anything . My vagina is so sad right now it burns it itches .. I just need relief of this uncomfortable pain"

Nene99 September 5, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole): "NO. Do not take this, ladies! Unless you want burning, itching, swollen lady parts, that is. I applied this as I laid down to sleep, just like I would with Monistat 7, but immediately felt the fires of hell erupting inside and out of the last place any sane person would pick to feel it. Finally got to sleep after splashing with cold water and laying down naked from the waist down, only to feel more (less intense) burning when I woke up again at 1:15 in the morning. If it's too late for you, the best remedy seems to be a cool bath. Heaven help us all. If it's not too late for you, JUST SAY NO. This drug should NOT be on the shelves! Really, FDA??!"

MakeItStopNooooooooo September 5, 2016