User Reviews for Tioconazole topical to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection (Page 5)

Also known as: Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment, Vagistat-1, Tioconazole 1 Day

Tioconazole topical has an average rating of 4.2 out of 10 from a total of 1492 ratings for the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection. 28% of those users who reviewed Tioconazole topical reported a positive effect, while 56% reported a negative effect.

Tioconazole topical Rating Summary

4.2/10 average rating

Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Tioconazole topical

Vagina on fire March 13, 2017

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “So I've had a yeast INFECTION for a week just milky discharge and the smell of yeast! I decided to buy monistat 1dat max strength egg from pharmacy. Usually I use the one day cream with no pain or side effects. After it started to run out the burning started I told my boyfriend I've never felt this before it felt like I was sitting on a hot lightbulb!!! I started to panic thinking I'm having a allergic reaction. What is wrong with my VJ DIDN'T have the nerve to look.. My bf told me it might be because it's the one day egg which means they have to triple the does to cure the yeast at a higher dose he always know the right things say when I'm worried or maybe he knew I would make him go to the hospital with me lol I'm feeling slight warmth today”

Tjayjay March 14, 2017

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “My mom had recommended this cream for me. I did not know what to expect once I purchased it. I did not look up reviews or anything so I was fully unaware of the side effects. Once I inserted it, about 10 minutes passed and I started to feel discomfort. It then turned from discomfort to the most extreme burning I've ever felt in my life. My vagina was burning for a good 4 hours. I can admit, the following day, my yeast infection went away. But the process before that was literally helllllll! I was literally crying all night because I didn't think the burning would go away. I would rather deal with the yeast infection then deal with that burning pain I felt. Although it helps.. I don't think it's worth all that pain.”

Rose · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “So usually the other stuff works better like everyone saying but I saw this Tioconazole 1 Day and it was the cheapest and one day it has 200mg. It didn't come with outside cream so I used some that was in the tube and put it on the outside right when I was going to bed it started burning like I just wiped with a chilli pepper or something. I started to try to get the pain off my mind but it got worst to the point I had to wip it off from the outside when I woke up today Thu, July 30th I went to go to the bathroom once I did it started burning worst and itching so badly I didn't have itching just irritation so I thought it was a yeast maybe it wasnt but it hurts so bad now. I recommend not using cause on package says it cause burning and I know people don't want that while having a yeast. Stay safe and ps if medicine hurts you which it not suppose to don't use it again if you have a sensitive vagina”

Love December 6, 2019

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “This product worked great. I felt almost complete relief after the first day. The medicine did increase vaginal burning and itching after inserting it but nothing unbearable. Within 24 hrs I felt fine with almost no more symptoms. I would definitely recommend.”

Flaming Vag Torture Product August 20, 2016

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “ALERT: will light your vag on fire. I stupidly inserted just before an amazing date night with my man. I ended up considering medevac-ing myself to the nearest IVU (Intensive Vag Unit). Still burning the next day. I wanna punch myself in the face. Horrible, horrible, torturous product. Must have been created by a misogynist.”

Anna October 25, 2018

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I caught my yeast infection really early and decided to do a one day treatment but couldn’t find my usual brand, Equate, so I decided to use monistat. 30 mins after applying the ovule and cream I was in immense discomfort and was literally crying. I used a cold compress but that wasn’t working either. I ended up taking a shower and trying to wash it all out after reading some reviews. Now sitting here with ice pack between my legs I still have extreme discomfort and even more extreme swelling. My advice is never use any Monistat products and stick to the cheaper choice which is Equate.”

Anonymous November 1, 2009

Vagistat-1 (tioconazole): “I have been suffering with vaginal discharge and yeast infection on and off for approximate 15 years. I used Monistat to no avail. My doctor told me to try Vagistat and two days later, I feel great! I honestly would recommend this product to anyone suffering. At last I can honestly say I feel some relief. Thanks Vagistat”

RidingOutTheHeat July 7, 2019

“I understand this can take a 3-7 days but knowing that dosage=comfort level would’ve been helpful. It makes sense, I should’ve taken the time to think about it more but let’s dumb it down for us quick decision consumers. The last thing we want to do is spend more time in the douching aisle. So my suggestion is to add the fire emoji next to the level of strength for each day: sort of like when you are out ordering a chilli meal”

Whyyyyy June 4, 2017

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “Don't use the external cream. My itching and burning has increased 1000000x. It's unbearable. Now I'm reading these reviews and wished I had just called the doctor. But WHY does a product that's supposed to HELP with burning and itching make it worse?!?”

ThrowTheWholeVaginaAway · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2019

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “Girl, STOP, if you're thinking about buying this just stop and read these reviews. The burning and itching is far worse than your yeast infection could ever be. My only escape is reading these reviews to know I'm not suffering alone. I had to make a doctors appointment to make sure I didn't ruin my entire vagina. I have to assume it's only time before a lawsuit or it's taken off the shelves because of the mass suffering to all these poor, innocent vaginas out there.”

momo1716 August 19, 2015

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I got the Monistat 1 Day pack yesterday to treat a yeast infection I contracted while on vacation, that I'd had for about a month. This is first yeast infection I've had, I am 18. Before taking it, I came on here to read reviews to see if it would really work.. and to say the least, it only made me terrified. I thought I was going to be miserably awoken to a burning, swollen vagina. But, for some reason I took it anyway. Inserted around 1 am, then went to bed. Did not wake up at all. Woke up around 10 am feeling only the slightest bit of discomfort. Only thing I've experienced is the normal discharge of the medicine. Nothing even close to unbearable. I've been itch free all day thus far! This product worked perfectly for me!”

Justme April 28, 2021

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “PLEASE! PLEASE!!!!!! Never use this!!!! I've only had 1 yeast infection in my life so this is my second, I'm in menopause now. This medicine is the worst kind of any kind of medicines in this world!!!! It honestly feels as if you have put acid in you! I thought I was going to have an heart attack, I was that scared thinking I was having an allergic reaction, because that's truly what it feels like. Ladies save yourself ALOT of discomfort and just call or go see your doctors...think about it, something that is so discomforting can't be good for our bodies!!!!”

Stay away- 1 Day (Fire Ovule) July 2, 2016

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “It has been 3 years since I tried this product. Somehow I had forgotten how horrible it is! I used the Monistat 1 Day ovule at 4pm for a standard yeast infection, wanted to stop it before it was full blown. By midnight my vag was on Fire and by 2am my labia was so swollen it was hard to walk without pain! I used this 38 hours ago and I'm still in pain!! This Product Is Poison!!! Do Not Use if you value your health & sanity! Nightmare! Shame on the partner companies (Prestige Brands Holdings, Inc., the makers of MONISTAT®, and Vertical Pharmaceuticals, LLC ) that make soo much money off a Known severe symptom causing product. All female executives that have a hand in marketing and promoting this product need a sample dose of the Fire Ovule!”

Holy vag · Taken for less than 1 month November 6, 2016

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “So i developed a YI from a steam room I believe. I have gotten a few of them recently. I've taken the monostat 1 day treatment with the "evil egg" and that made it unbearable - worst experience ever. I just sat in the tub and cried a little lol So when i developed another YI I went to my Dr because I did not want to go through that again. She recommended the prefilled applicator 6.5 - THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE MONOSTAT 1 CAPSULE... the itchiness is very mild and not nearly as gooey. BUY MONOSTAT 1 PREFILLED 6.5 -- DO NOT BUY THE CAPSULE MONISTAT 1 The 6.5 is quick relief and doesn't torture your "who-ha". Best of luck ladies!”

Mama's Burning Vag October 21, 2016

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “OMG this stuff burns 100x worse than the YI!! I inserted it about 15 mins ago and laid right down. I was so uncomfortable I would rather not of taken anything and just called my doc for a prescription. I DO Not Recommend! After the burning started, I wondered if this was normal so I started looking for reviews. After reading through them I decided I couldn't take the burning/itching anymore. I went to the toilet and pushed the gel out and wiped all the cream off. For awhile i just wanted to scratch with something sharp cause it was a painful itch. Now I'm laying in bed with a cool wash cloth between my legs feeling a little bit better. Man, that was torture!!!”

Itchedyitch April 7, 2017

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I read the reviews after I took this. Usually I do it before but my vagina was on a crazy itchy spree. So I took whatever my husband brought home because I couldn't even walk without itching lol. Anyways these reviews scared the hell outta me. I put the egg in around 2pm I waited a few hours to feel the crazy burning but it never happened. Instead I felt a nice hot/cool feeling like the way mint feels in your mouth. I had a good experience. It's the next day so far its taken the problem away. I do recommend a panty liner on your underwear. Unless you do what I did wear old underwear & threw them out. Everyone is different! So here is the not so scary review.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 17, 2020

“So I used this years ago a my lady parts reacted horrible. They burned so bad I could not sleep. I'm only here because I'm making sure I buy the right one this time. The other one (miconazol active ingredient) works great but this one will cause some women a really bad reaction.”

Sami · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2019

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “This stuff is horrible. I was looking for Monistat, but unfortunately; the store had run out. I got this instead, inserted the medication into my vagina and laid down. I woke up in the middle of the night with HORRIBLE itching and burning. I ignored it the best I could and went back to bed after it eased a little. I just woke up and the opening and surrounding area to my vagina is swollen sooooooo bad. I sat up and could literally just feel how swollen it was. I had el hubby check everything out down there. He said it is swollen really bad. The worst part, and I have NEVER had an STD, still don’t as I have only been with the same partner for THREE YEARS.... My vagina literally smells like.... Chemical?? Chemical burn maybe! I’m not sure. It smells like someone dumped a bottle of chemicals into my vagina. It most definitely isn’t any kind of “natural smell”. This smell literally just smells like straight up chemicals! DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2019

“This was the worst stuff I have ever used! I inserted about 12am and woke up at 5am burning itching I can’t even describe!!! My vagina was the most swollen it has ever been! I really recommend using the 3 day Monistat because this one won’t give you Nothing but BURNING!”

LiterallyCrying December 11, 2018

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “Yeast infection wasn’t going away with the oral capsules that the doctors prescribed... SO I tried this. My feet are literally withering in pain. It’s 1am and my vagina is crawling around the pits of Hell having a grand old time. Girls, don’t do this to yourself. Read the reviews goddamnit. Having an icepack between your legs is not exactly thriving. Please love your lady parts more. Goodnight. Rip Vag.”

Loulou · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “Like most here on this web site, laying down, itching and burning, trying not to think, so I can ignore jt as much as possible. Not as painful as other medications I've tried before. I tried Monistat a couple of months ago but it didn't do anything so I'm trying this because It's a stronger treatment. Not unbearable, but most definitely it burns”

veryhappy!!! · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2017

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I am 18 and experienced my first yeast infection a few days ago. I read the reviews here after I had already used the Monistat 1 and was terrified. Luckily, I have had great results. After 3 days of YI symptoms, I used Monistat 1 around midnight last night. I did experience some itching during the night but it was totally manageable. I did not experience the intense burning/itching that others described despite having sensitive skin. My skin was somewhat raw but not terrible before using the medication which may have helped. The next morning everything felt completely back to normal (besides discharge which Monistat does say is normal) and the swelling has gone down almost entirely. Only some discharge 20 hours later. Really worked for me!”

Carebear · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2019

“So this medication tioconazole works. Yes it burns like hell for about 5 mins then it subsides. Yes you will have some leakage, where a pad for a day. However it does make your yeast infection go away. If you can handle the sensations of pure fire then you will be good.”

itscool2017 · Taken for less than 1 month July 20, 2017

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “Okay so I've avoided this medication for SO long because of these reviews. IDK if you other ladies are allergic to something in the medication or what but my experience was fine! I get recurrent yeast infections so I've tried everything under the sun EXCEPT for monistat. I've tried terconazole, clotrimazole, boric acid, gentian violet, etc. once I inserted it, I was super itchy for like the first half hour to an hour, then everything calmed down and felt soooo soothing. I woke up just now and feel great! No itching, didn't experience any burning. IDK what all the negativity is about. I'll check back in a few days to see if my infection is cured! have no fear ladies:)”

onlyjuan · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2017

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I never write reviews but after the horror stories I've read on here I felt compelled to share my experience. I had already bought and inserted the ovule before reading any of these reviews, maybe a tad bit risky but I live life on the edge. lol I used the product around 6:30pm yesterday evening and have had none of the issues some of the ladies here have experienced. (Thankfully) it's now the next day and I feel nothing more than a cooling sensation down there. I didn't experience any burning but just a small amount of itching a couple hours after using Monistat which was nothing I couldn't handle. It seems to really be doing what it's intended to do. This is my first YI and overall I'm very pleased with the results from using Monistat 1.”

Learn more about Vaginal Yeast Infection