User Reviews for Tioconazole topical to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection (Page 3)

Also known as: Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment, Vagistat-1, Tioconazole 1 Day

Tioconazole topical has an average rating of 4.2 out of 10 from a total of 1492 ratings for the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection. 28% of those users who reviewed Tioconazole topical reported a positive effect, while 56% reported a negative effect.

Tioconazole topical Rating Summary

4.2/10 average rating

Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Tioconazole topical

Discomfort gone · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2015

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I had never had a yeast infection in my life until 2 days ago. I decided that I would try monistat 1 because I wanted it gone quickly. I went to the store the morning after symptoms started and I inserted the ovule around 11am and applied the cream. I took a nap for a couple of hours and could already feel some relief from the itching and burning. When I got up, I did feel some slight leaking and I still felt a little discomfort but it was nowhere near what it was earlier that day. I was getting some discharge and a little itching but nothing major. By bed time the itching had gotten a little worse so I applied more cream, took some aleve, and crawled into bed. I got up this morning and all itching/burning is gone. All in less than 24 hours”

Kittycat · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “This should be taken off the market!!!! Horrible side effects. Have used the egg type before and had no problems. Have horrible vaginal burning and discomfort. Taking benadryl and ibuprofen this morning to help.”

Why me! · Taken for less than 1 month January 2, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “So like everyone else I didn’t read the reviews. I inserted the medication and realized I had more itching than before, I also noticed the burning a lot more. To make matters worst, I used the cream for the external area and I think I made it worst!!! I was trying to save a few dollars, never again. The pain isn’t the worst but the itching is absolutely horrible”

Fully healed · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2016

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “So I realized how people never come back to say if the product actually worked or not. Well I'm here to tell you it does. I used this product about a week ago and came here to write a horrible review on how irritated, sore, raw, burning and itchy I was from it. I started feeling these side effects about 1hr after I put the hellish egg in me. After about 2 days the symptoms went away and fully healed my YI. I am completely back to normal. Bottom line is the product DOES work and can heal your systems fully within 48hrs...only if you're up for the painful side effects. Honestly, if I had the option to use this again I probably would because it works CRAZY fast.”

Angie Lotte July 31, 2017

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “Listen up. I shoved some of that Monistat 1 in my downstairs hallway last night and holy Lord Vulvamort was that a bad idea. You'd think well, 1 day of treatment is way better than 3 and definitely better than 7, but trust me, if you don't want your babycave to feel as though it's been torched by Satan himself, stick to the mullti day. Then while writhing in pain and trying to stop the devil cream from burning a new hole down there, I read the reviews. This is a common thing that happens with the Monistat 1. Don't use it.”

This Review Will Help Ur Life. · Taken for less than 1 month July 10, 2017

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I had a cute review to post, but Drugs.Com believes in cutting to the Chase, so Ok. So, had a yeast infection for quite some time (about 3 weeks...yikes!), not my first one though. So on July 5th, I bought Monistat 1, busted open the lifesaver and got busy. The applicator was easy to slide in and apply. I also used the cream to ease the itching...nah. 2 hrs later I went to class and almost had a freakin' panic attack because the burning and itching INTENSIFIED like none other. Oh my goodness Cool wipes were a waste, I was better off using Vagisil's Anti Itch wipes...cooch was on FIYA! However, after all the pain, the kit worked. No more symptoms after July 8th. Would be nice to have a warning sayin all this, but it was worth it to be honest.”

Are you kidding me? · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2019

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “This product is HORRIBLE! Do not use, go to your doctor, I AM NOT KIDDING! The burning and itching associated with the use of this product are unbearable! I'd rather have a YI untreated than to use this again. I have had 3 YI in my 36 years and have always gone to my doctor. Almost immediately after inserting this product I began to feel discomfort, not so bad but as the night has gone on - this is awful. My vagina itches so badly that it's unbearable. I don't feel pain as some have reviewed but the itching is literally, INSANE! All I can hope is that this goes away soon. DO NOT USE!!! You will regret!”

Yeastylmao · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 21, 2016

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “Okay the Monistat 1 definitely burns a little but to me that just means it's working. I rate this product a 10 because every single time I've used it my yeast infection goes away within 2 days. The product does its job. Will there be discomfort along the way? Certainly. But what's comforting to know is that after a tad bit of burning I will be without the even more unbearable itching and undesirable discharge. Everyone is different. Our bodies are all different and respond to things in a variation of ways! I didn't get the extreme burning some experience, but that's just me. There's always going to be horror stories on the internet about any product, but don't believe everything you read. Try things out for yourself, you never know!”

Mo June 27, 2019

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “I had a awesome experience with tioconazole 1 day, I was scared to try it because of all the bad reviews but .. when I tried it , it was intense itching but it was tolerable. I slept good as well after 3 hours or so the itching died down but it was still a little itching there just wasn’t as much , I didn’t experience any burning or swelling I just woke up so I didn’t get the chance to see if it hurts when I use the bathroom... so amazing experience !”

Allthingsconsidered · Taken for less than 1 month June 20, 2019

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “I’m in the third day of this garbage and I’m about to scream my head off. I only recommend it if you take the first night of the infection. If you take it any time after the infection is underway, welcome to the world of pain. Be prepared for the burn, burn, burn.... like a ring of fire lol. Please ban this from the market. It hurts worse than the infection.”

Lianna W · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2015

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “So, I've had a yeast infection for two weeks thinking it would go away like the last one. I was completely wrong! My sister decided lets go to the grocery store last night. So, I was all for the trip just to get Monistat. Now, I've tried the 7-day and 3-day. The seven day made my very uncomfortable I felt as though ants were down there, but the 3 day just didn't work. I've got a diflucan but it didn't clear it. I told myself give Monistat one more time. I grabbed the 1-day off the shelf went home and used it around 9pm. Oh my gosh I have seen a complete improvement overnight. Thank you no more symptoms this morning.”

Sars · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2015

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “I got a yeast infection for the first time a couple days ago. So I went to the store and bought monistat 1. I would absolutely recommend this to any girl. An hour after using the medicine I felt some leaking and irritation So I used the cream. With in four hours of using the medicine I feel a million times better. I will definitely use monistat if I ever have this problem again.”

TorchedVayJayJay · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2017

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “NEVER AGAIN!!! Only 2nd yeast infection ever so I thought I'd give Monostat 1 a try. Holy Moly I have never felt such intense burning, itching and swelling. Finally took a shower to wash away what I could then had to use an ice pack. Up all night so painful! They need to repackage with labelling and visuals of flames shooting from the nether region!!!”

Bee March 15, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. I tried going the cheaper route. Definitely regretting it now. I used Thursday night. By Friday morning my vag was swollen two times it’s size. More cream cheese like discharge than before. Smells super potent. Made me feel 100x worse. I went to ER. They told me to wait the 7 days & try Monistat next time. YOU WILL REGRET BUYING THIS. SAVE YOUR MONEY”

63 · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2019

“Ok, I'm 63 years old and have had more than my share of Yeast Infections, although it's really not an actual infection but an overgrowth of Yeast, right? I tried Monistat 1 only because the 3, 5 and 7 days dosages were out of stock. Ladies, this product is not good. Being post menopause with no vaginal moisture to mitigate effects, I'm now on my 5th day of itching worse than the condition itself, and burning from vulva to anus. I used to use Monistat in my younger days. I cannot believe the difference! I know you fertile females are suffering too, judging from your comments. But if any other post menopausal gals are reading this, here is my heartfelt advice: slow down, take a few days. Use the extended dosage. Good luck all. Back to cold compresses! Damn.”

Juno · Taken for less than 1 month December 18, 2019

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “Currently pregnant and this is my 2nd yeast infection within 7 months. The 1st infection I did the 5day treatment with the medicine that begins with M...miconazole? No complaints about that, I just wanted it cleared up quicker than that. After itching and rubbing raw for over a week; I decided to try this 1 day treatment with the active ingredient tioconazole. It’s been about 30min since I have inserted the medicine and so far so good. I was worried about the burning and itching others had experienced, but I feel like I burned and itched more before insertion. Fingers crossed it clears soon!”

help May 7, 2019

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “To whom ever this may concern, DO NOT USE MONISTAT. This products says side effects may include, "mild increase in burning or stinging". That is an absolute lie, this product made my symptoms SEVERELY WORSE. It made me feel pain go from a 1 to a 10 in a matter of minutes. This product made me feel absolutely awful and who ever came up with the product should use it themselves to see how painful it is. This product made my symptoms so much worse and the burning and itching of the cream will not go away. Why is this product still allowed to be sold if a very limited amount of people are being given relief? Poor people buy this product to seek help and to find relief, but it just makes things 100 times worse. Absolutely horrible and someone need to do something about getting this product off of the market. I am still trying to seek relief for the burning this product has given me.”

Relived · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2018

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “Ok so I bought this tonight before I read reviews. I applied it and 10 min later I was in pain......I couldn't believe the itching and burning. I then started reading reviews and I was like - what did I do? I was debating taking a shower and removing all cream or sticking it out while I did some research and watched Netflix. Well after 40 min I started to feel relief and now it's very mild. Clearly the medication for 1 day is way stronger but I'm hoping that by tomorrow morning I'll be much better. Now that the burning stopped I can go to sleep. Ladies good luck and hope you feel better soon.”

Nora123456789 January 16, 2015

Monistat 1 Vaginal Ointment (tioconazole): “So I'm very prone to yeast infections and UTIs so this is not new for me. I knew the signs and symptoms of my yeast infection: itching, a lot of discomfort, and thick creamy discharge. I waited it out a couple days because sometimes when they're mild they'll go away on their own, but I couldn't handle the discomfort. So luckily I had Monistat 1 at home so I popped it in and it's been almost 4 hours and I'm feeling amazing. So I guess you're supposed to take this before bed? But I used it at 7:45 AM because I didn't want to be uncomfortable this whole day. I've heard horrible stories about Monistat 1 and amazing ones as well, just depends on your body and how it reacts to the medicine. Not everyone feels results as quick as me! Dont panic!”

Don · Taken for less than 1 month November 7, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “I purchased this Tioconazole 1 Day product on a Tuesday and just like the others, my vagina swelled shut. I was in terrible pain. I’m on Jardiance so YI are common and normally I’d take diflucan or I would Monistat 7 and in a day or so I’m good. However using this product is a different story. Here it is Friday and I’m still itching and in pain. This product is not worth the $10 I paid. I highly recommend that this product is avoided at all cost. It was not effective and caused me pain.”

alec January 15, 2021

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “PLEASE DO NOT BUY IF SENSITIVE VAGINA!! I noticed more people liked with positive results it really depends on if you have a sensitive vagina or not I used this product and immediately felt burning. My mom said since you have a YI it’s normal it’s working but no I was having irritation to the product and I didn’t know this because this was my first time using it. Woke up I thought my vagina was tighter but no it was swollen very swollen. I read the results I noticed I’m not the only one. I’m gonna try to wait it out to see if the swelling goes down before I go to the doctor but if your aware that you have a sensitive vagina please do not use”

Tee November 2, 2019

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “I had VERY MILD itching after taking & NO burning whatsoever and I was relieved a few hours after using it and symptoms were basically completely gone the next morning . I guess everyone’s body is different .”

Anonymous November 8, 2019

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “Guys, I so wish I would’ve looked up the reviews earlier. I went the cheaper route and just got Tioconazole 1 Day because the lady at Walmart said it would work the same as Monistat. I’m having THE WORST burning and itching sensation ever. I googled why and found all these reviews :( SAVE YOURSELF!! I know everyone is different but if the majority of women are feeling this don’t waste your time. Spend the extra $5.”

Abbie · Taken for less than 1 month May 15, 2020

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “Tioconazole worked wonders for me! I took it 2 days after I noticed my YI coming on... (I’ve had them in the past so I knew what it was right away) and I did NOT experience any of the crazy burning or itching like the other reviews say. But I did have a slight itch after I took it but nothing unbearable. It took 4 days for my symptoms to be completely gone. I will use this again if I ever need it!”

WonderWomannn · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2019

Tioconazole 1 Day (tioconazole): “I purchased the Rite Aid brand 1 day Ticonazole after the Diflucan treatment failed..I'm so glad I did.. The day after I applied the medicine I only experienced a little bit of swelling and burning which was totally tolerable. After 2 days the itching had stopped and all symptoms were and gone after 3 days.. This will be my go-to otc med from now on if I ever need to use it again!”

Learn more about Vaginal Yeast Infection