User Reviews for Tioconazole

Also known as: Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator, Tioconazole 1 Day, Vagistat-1

Learn more about Tioconazole.

Vaginal Yeast Infection 752 reviews 61 medications

4.7
Summary of Tioconazole reviews 752 reviews 4.7

Reviews for Tioconazole

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Purchased the Monistat 1 Maximum Strength. This was my 1st time experiencing a YI so I didn't realize I'd had it until 6wks after giving birth. Apparently it was another side effect of giving birth that wasn't explained to me. I just thought it was normal & would naturally stop on it's own until the common sense part of my brain thought that the itching & pain seemed abnormal. I told my GYN of my concern & was prescribed a pill that was suppose to rid my body of the YI within 3 days but it only stopped the discharge. So I then started looking up over the counter meds & came across Monistat. So far, I'm so happy I did. I feel sooooooo much better. No burning, no more itching. I recommend."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I am 18 and experienced my first yeast infection a few days ago. I read the reviews here after I had already used the Monistat 1 and was terrified. Luckily, I have had great results. After 3 days of YI symptoms, I used Monistat 1 around midnight last night. I did experience some itching during the night but it was totally manageable. I did not experience the intense burning/itching that others described despite having sensitive skin. My skin was somewhat raw but not terrible before using the medication which may have helped. The next morning everything felt completely back to normal (besides discharge which Monistat does say is normal) and the swelling has gone down almost entirely. Only some discharge 20 hours later. Really worked for me!"

veryhappy!!! (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "They should really put a warning on the label of this medication. Used it at bedtime woke up at 1 a.m. with a burning itching that was not relieved by any method. Completely miserable I do not know why so many women react this way but there should be a significant warning place on the label I'm going to reach out to the FDA. Beware of this medication hopefully you read this before use not after. There's nothing that's been able to relieve the inflammation pain and itching I'd rather have a yeast infection for the rest of my life then you have to feel this way."

Vag violation (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I am pretty happy with this product overall. I am 42 years old and have had only 4 or so yeast infections. I started having symptoms on a Monday, but by the time I realized what it was, and bought this product it was late Tuesday. I inserted it, and laid down to take a nap around 2:00. I still had a lot of burning and irritation. So I decided to use the sitz bottle I got from the hospital from child birth, but any squirt bottle would work. So every time I peed I would wash with warm water. This helped a ton. By Wednesday not much change. Still had burning. The cream that came with the kit didn't seem to help much. So I decided to use Vaseline. Brilliant! By Thursday much better and Friday gone!"

Tinkbelle January 21, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Do not use this. I was having awful itching, irritation and a little swollen so I assumed yeast infection and picked up the kit. After 4 days symptoms did not go away or even get better. Made ob appt and I had BV AND an outer yeast infection. So ladies just go to the ob and get checked. A lot of times BV and yeast infections have very similar symptoms. Next time I'll skip the kit and go straight to dr!"

Lh382828 (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "DO NOT BUY THIS! It will burn you until your skin falls off. My YI wasnt even burning until I got Monistat1. SAVE YOURSELF ! You will be in the E.R. begging for help !!!!!!!!"

shay234 January 20, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I used Monistat 1-day treatment overnight. I had a small yeast infection, some itching and burning probably due to putting too much coconut oil in my bath, haha. It worked great for me. Before you take the monistat, take a test to make sure its not a batcterial infection because then the medication won't work. My symptoms went away within 2 days. I would reccomend this especially if you have minimal to moderate symptoms."

EmTaylor January 19, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Like most of you I did not read reviews nor the box.I've had a YI before and have used Monistat in the past but never the 1 day.I was on antibiotics and knew I'd get one so I asked for the pill. Problem there is you take the pill on the last day of antibiotics.My vag gets a YI with just the thought of getting an Rx for antibiotics.I grabbed that 1 day max strength like it was the last machete during the zombie apocalypse.I put that egg in around midnight at 3 am I woke up to the WORST itching of my life I honestly wanted to use my cats claws to satisfy the itch (that's a joke, don't call PETA). Its day 4 after insertion and that was basically a chemical peel, my vag is so irritated and sensitive but at least the YI is cured."

Pro:NewVagSkin (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Please save yourself from this misery. If you are reading this too late, may the force be with you. I am on day 3 now of using the 1 day treatment and every night has been a total nightmare. It burns so immensely and there's nothing you can do about it but wait it out and pray it subsides soon. It's like acid fire in your hoo-ha you can't even sleep or do anything else except say omg! Over and over. I feel so helpless. Sitting in a warm tub 2nd night now with salt water trying to soothe my poor burning vag, please stop burning soon!! I called the doc and they said the ingredients are way too strong and have seen a lot of patients suffer in the same way. Next time, diflucan pill only!!...If I ever live to make it to next time."

Violated Vag (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I never give reviews but felt obligated after reading all of the horrible comments. This worked well for me. I did not feel any burning just slight itching. I started right away at the onset of my yeast infection. If you have had a yeast infection for a while and your skin is raw...ummm common sense says Yes it will sting and burn. If you catch it fast do not be discouraged to use this product. It works. I noticed results right away but I will wait and let the medicine run its course for 7 days. Good luck!"

Danitanz January 11, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "DO NOT BUY THIS. I am saving you!!! I was having yeast infection symptoms , took the 1 day pre-filled applicator and woke up to a swollen vag. I've never felt like this in my life.. today is day 2 after using the medication and I still don't feel normal. I am itching still.. I did call the number on the box and they requested to send me my money back!! If this product did not work for you please get your money back because this stuff is terrible. I'm so disappointed."

Jamielynn6789 January 8, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Ladies after every urination u have to rinse ur vagina with warm/ hot water. I inserted the ovule yesterday morning. I experienced mild itching a couple hours later and i applied the cream...which was annoying because I felt damp and the key to a YI is staying dry. Anyway I think its working u just have to rinse urself with warm water after urination or u will itch because the medication and itchy yeast is passing through onto the outer vaginal area. Keep it clean and dry. I did catch this early on after taking antibiotics so..."

WomenIssues (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I thought I had a yeast infection & verified that w/ an over-the-counter test. I used Monistat 1 thinking the itching and discomfort would stop. After about 1 hour, the egg came out in a gloppy mess. I experienced severe itching and burning. I got in the shower and tried to get the Monistat off of me. Eventually the shower ran cold, and my efforts were in vain. The itching and burning became more intense. I felt like a baby because I had to grit my teeth not to yell in frustration. As to my pain tolerance, I have several tattoos in sensitive areas. I'd get my hoo-ha tattooed before I ever used Monistat again. It would hurt less. I tried the anti-itch/burn cream for help. It made it worse. I iced my crotch & begged my spouse for cranberry juice"

Monistat Didn't Go Well For Me (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'm pretty prone to yeast infections and while I was out of town for the holidays I wasn't able to see my regular doctor to get the usual remedy. I was advised to use this product and let me tell you NEVER will I use this again. My crotch is on fire and I feel like bursting into tears. I wish I would have read the reviews BEFORE using this product! My YI wasn't severe at all before I inserted the monistat 1, now I feel like I should lay in bed for the next four days. I've had it in for two hours now and I absolutely hate the feeling. I'm regretting using it and think it might ruin my vacation!"

Anonymous January 4, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "DON'T USE IT! The risk outweighs the benefit by far. Product caused chemical burn, the entire first layer of skin in my vagina was burnt. I was on fire for 3 days, once I thought I was better and resumed intercourse the skin was not healed and the friction put me on fire once again. The skin takes a long time to grow back and after many failed attempts at intercourse due to the pain I now have vaginismus. This product caused me a medical condition that now interferes with my ability to successfully conceive. I will now have to do therapy in order to be able to have intercourse with my husband. I know my case is extreme but Please don't put yourself at risk!!! Not worth it. Wait for the doctor to prescribe"

KT789 January 3, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Please dont use this, it had my vag on fire, and burned! It made symptoms worst and I literally had to try to get what I could out to get relief. Not worth it, use the 5 or 7 day cream."

Burns Like Hell (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've had yeast infections before but have always caught them early enough to take care of with home remedies. I wasn't as fortunate this time around... My YI symptoms became too unbearable today (to the point I almost left work "sick" to go home and wallow in my misery), so I picked up the Monistat 1 Maximum Strength ovule. Not sure if their idea of maximum strength means singe a woman's vagina with fire until there are no nerve endings left in there to itch, but OMG!!! I inserted the ovule around 9:30 pm and about 30 minutes later, it began to itch and burn a million times worse than any YI I've ever experienced. I had to take an epsom salt bath and get as much of it out as I could. HORRIBLE, NEVER AGAIN."

Sincerely, Dissatisfied (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I looked into it and burning from monistat often occurs when you have an infection other than a yeast infection because the pH levels are different and cause a different reaction. Yeast infections don't change pH in this way. Use an infection screening kit from any pharmacy and make SURE you only have a yeast infection before using monistat... I had only a yeast infection and therefore experienced none of this itching or burning, just light cramps."

Eliza11245 January 3, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I usually do not write reviews but this time I had to because this had too many negative reviews. So I had a wonderful experience with this. I took it this morning and I feel back to normal. It works quick and great! Everyone is different maybe you can give it a try before going off of other reviews. Perhaps those people's infection had a greater impact on their bodies so the curing cream burned because the cream began to fight the infection. Regardless the product works great. I did experience a mild buying sensation at first but and I took a nap then it was gone when I woke up. It did leak as I slept so make sure you do it in the comfort of your own home or at least wear a liner because once I got up and walked it leaked through."

Jaeee January 3, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Absolutely awful. Will never take it again. I would rather have a YI than feel this. I took it and within 10 minutes my vagina was on fire. So bad that it brought me to tears. So not worth it at all."

Anonymous January 1, 2017

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Like the product says read instructions thoroughly! I only had a small yeast infection at the beginning stage but I wanted to get rid of it fast as possible. Done everything the package said I cleaned with the wipe, inserted capsule and applied cream... no issues just a small amount of medicine in panties. No itching or burning. But everyone reacts to medicines differently. Great product will definitely use again if I needed to."

No Problems At All (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "For the love of God do NOT use this!!! I am Traumatized! Horrific experience. Followed directions exactly, put in the cream at bedtime which was about 10 PM. Woke up a little after 3 AM due to severe burning, itching, swelling and pain. IT WOKE ME UP FROM A DEEP SLEEP. Felt like I had put lava in my vagina after scrubbing it with a brillo pad. Swollen shut, 2x it's regular size at least. Tried rinsing & washing, benadryl by mouth & an ice pack to the vag for 5 hours. I thought I was allergic until I read so many others reviews. This could be used as a very effective form of torture. I'm a registered nurse & I feel this should be yanked off the counter due to its severe side effects. I'm scarred for life. NEVER AGAIN"

TraumaticExperience (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Worse experience ever!!!! Burning itching. I could have kept the yeast infection."

Anonymous December 29, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I guess our bodies do react differently. I was in excruciating pain with the swelling & the itching & the burning from this yeast infection caused by antibiotics that I needed something fast! My husband bought me the Monistat 1 (1st yeast, we weren't sure what to use) But this was the perfect treatment. Used it at night, right AFTER a shower and I felt so much comfort the morning after. I gotta say I was very surprised! I'm very satisfied with this product, well worth the $15.dollars! Do read the instructions. I used the cream applicator and( Not that I want but )I would use it again. Fast relief for me. Thank You Monistat!"

verysatisfied (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Pre-Filled Applicator (tioconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Would not use this would definitely wait for a dr to prescribe something else!"

Pink4454 (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2016