User Reviews for Testosterone

Also known as: Andro LA 200, Andro-Cyp 100, Andro-Cyp 200, Androderm, AndroGel, AndroGel 1.25 g Packets, AndroGel 2.5 g Packets, Aveed, Axiron, Delatest, Delatestryl, Depandro 100, Depo-Testosterone, Depotest, Duratest, ...show all 35 brand names

Learn more about Testosterone.

Klinefelter Syndrome 1 reviews 0 medications

Delayed Puberty, Male 1 reviews 32 medications

Hypogonadism, Male 364 reviews 62 medications

7.5
Gender Dysphoria 2 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Testosterone reviews 368 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Testosterone

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Works great. Was experiencing adverse effects of low T and my doctor confirmed it. He prescribed this to me as 2 pumps per leg per day. At first it took about 45 minutes to absorb but now it takes about 5-10 minutes and goes on easily. My wife now complains that my libido is too strong LOL. I love this. I hope you have similar experience as I do. My insurance didn't want to cover the other popular brands. The Pharmacy specialist in my insurance told me to go for this as they would cover it right off the bat. Glad I spoke to them. Just $20.00 per two bottle refills."

David P. August 6, 2016

For Hypogonadism, Male: "I was struggling pretty bad with chronic daily fatigue and a foggy head. After eliminating a few possibilities as to the cause I discovered low testosterone can cause these types of issues. I asked my doctor to be tested and sure enough I was low. My levels were actually lower than a 75 year old man (I was 30 at the time). Tried the gel, it worked but I didn't really like it. I was switched to the patches. The patches would not, for the life of me, stay on. Finally I was placed on the injection. The injection works great for me. I can do it in the comfort of my own home and I only have to do it once every 2 weeks. My wife was trained by a nurse on how to give the shots and that's how we do it. My levels are now within normal range."

Jwright7784 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 23, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I had abnormally lot T readings, 199, 225 and 249, went on Androgel Brand name therapy, within a month, subsequent readings over 400, last reading was 76, and the only difference is that I was swiched to a generic brand, Perrigo, from Israel."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 22, 2016

FIRST-Testosterone MC (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "This is a compound drug that comes in a kit. The pharmacist behind the counter will mix it before dispensing it. It's a cheap cream that comes in a jar like coco butter and you put it on your shoulders. It's very difficult to get the correct dosage with a cream so that's why it didn't work for me. A gel is much better than cream, but the cream is cheaper."

Dirk Diggler July 22, 2016

Aveed (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Received my first shot yesterday in term of effectivity I'm not sure yet however I did have some severe side effects following the injection. Dizziness, sweating, and I fainted however it passed in about 10 minutes."

Chris t (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2016

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I had used testosterone injection therapy with mixed results. My doctor was concerned about possible heart attacks in an article he read, so he switched me to Axiron. I took it 4 or 5 months. I did not find Axiron hard to apply other than waiting 3 minutes between deodorant and application. Sometimes, I felt a bit warm as far as body temperature afterwards. The problem was, it didn't work for me. Sexual function got worse and worse, and I just had a blood test where my testosterone was 105, horrendously low for mid 40's person. So basically, my body does not absorb it."

Brett77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2016

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I am a 54 year old male; my free T came back at 29, very low. I was prescribed 1.62% less then a week ago. My motivation and energy levels coming back up already. I have no sex drive at al and cannot get or maintain an erection. Anxious to see how things progress in a couple weeks. Thanks to all for the great feedback."

MPW61 July 17, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Just 3 days in on using Testim and with all the negative reviews I was worried. The application process is not a big deal to me and while sticky it drys quickly and my shirts don't stick. My wife noticed the smell but thought it smelled manly and no one else has commented yet. I barely notice it even having asthma. Reallly no apparent changes yet but today I had an itch on the side of my penis and started scratching it and almost in no time I was semi erect so I guess that's a good first step. My Urologist told me to expect changes after 5-6 days so we'll see."

Skeetman (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "this is a real scam ! it not work !"

kethouse (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Worked well on restablishing "normal" testosterene levels, but strong impact on moods,,agresiveness and irritability."

Misha707 July 11, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I have been using testim for 6 years now due to endocrine induced low testosterone count. Overall it has increased my libido and the smell is great to women. I take half tube per day (about 25mg). However, I experience joint pain all the time notably on my fingers obviously used to rub the stuff on my shoulders. I also feel pain under my feet. Getting up and trying to walk in the morning is a struggle. The symptoms disappear after 15-20 minutes. And the joint pain is less noticeable in summer when it's warmer. Last year I slipped and fell on my shoulder resulting in a comminuted fracture. I'm worried testim might be causing osteoporosis. My endocrinologist and Dr are aware of my symptoms but haven't offered any explanation to date."

Yayostyle July 4, 2016

For Klinefelter Syndrome: "I've taken testosterone in various different forms since I was 18, and the worst form was the implants as my body rejected them, twice, so I gave up on that method. Recently the manufacturers of Andriol have advised production of Andriol was going to be delayed and New Zealand won't be restocked until September 2016. Not wishing to go back to injections I determined to trial Androderm patch, and I wish I'd done it years ago. My skin has no reaction to this patch. It delivers a good level of testosterone based on how I feel, I've not had any blood tests to back that opinion up. However; on Andriol I don't experience morning erections very often, but with the patch I do, regularly. Shaving has also gone back to normal."

XXYGuy (taken for 10 years or more) June 12, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for : "I've been using this for a few years and have had a great experience. More energy and I think also helped with mild depression. About the odor- to ME it smells chemical and harsh putting it on, but once it's on can't smell it. SOME people don't smell it on me at all. SOME people think it smells great on me. A lot of women who are candid enough to tell me ~really~ like it. The moral of the story is that the smell as experienced by the person smelling it is highly variable. Clearly it has something to do people's biochemical attractions. Note there are studies about women smelling men's worn clothing (without cologne or anything) and there's a wide variety of reactions and attraction."

SF Guy (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 11, 2016

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I have been using Axiron for 3 months and have experienced no noticeable positive effects. Still have low libido, no morning erections, lack of penile sensitivity, weak orgasms and lethargy. Going to try injections ASAP."

DoesNotWork June 10, 2016

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "As a not-so-active 54 year old male who is a non-smoker and relatively light social drinker, my T level had dropped to a pathetic 120. I had no mojo for anything and my doctor commented out load how she wondered how I got out of bed in the morning. After 3 years of Axiron therapy (underarm application) I am at a very comfortable 900. I feel so much better and while my marriage did not survive this condition, my girlfriend is enjoying the benefits of this replacement therapy. It works for me (and my woman!)."

C'mon Friday (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 8, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Androgel gave me a rash and my doctor prescribed this to me. I am supposed to apply 2 tubes but this is simple disgusting. It has a very strong sweet odor that never leaves your body. I absolutely hate it, everywhere I go I reek of this smell. Not sure what genius thought of this idea that something that has to be applied by millions people is supposed to have a fragrance. Secondly and this is bad too, it's disgusting to put on compared to androgel. It's more sticky / oily and never fully gets in the skin. I keep rubbing it for 10 minutes and still the outer layer of my skin is greasy and it never dries. It will probably work but I am going back on injections as I can't get over the smell / substance issues."

DonnieDP (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

For Hypogonadism, Male: "Looking at these different reviews I have to make a comment. I was placed on low T therapy in 2005. Tried Testim & Androgel, couldn't tolerate them, was refererred to a compounding pharmacy who produce whats called a bio identical testosterone gel, measured dose with a small spoon and applied to the skin, in my case upper forearms. Works great, no skin irritation, dries in a couple minutes, not sticky, clear in color, slight alcohol smell, bad thing insurance won't cover it, good thing it currently only costs $48. For a 30 day supply. Been using it now for 10 years.. might not be for everyone but worth a try if you are not getting positive results with the other products.."

oldguyaz (taken for 10 years or more) May 29, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I've done well on Testim. Energy and mood levels up. Really helps in the gym, too. Lifting weights enhances the effect, probably because lifting helps augment T. Many women love the smell. I get lots of comments about it. In fact, it's pretty funny."

Eddie St J (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 23, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Was forced to use Testim gel as my new insurance would not cover Fortesta or Androgel. This stuff is disgusting. NEVER completely dries...If I apply in the morning, even after an hour wait, my shirt sticks to me like glue. If I apply at night, MY SHEETS STICK TO ME. Smells terrible, extremely difficult to apply (comes in small metal tubes and nearly impossible to get it all out) and worst of all, did not raise my testosterone levels significantly. I dreaded applying this."

stickyone (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 6, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Started using this less than a week ago. I've done test inj in the past and worked out and got dramatic results. Now that I'm older (48), my test is low, 208, my Dr prescribed Androgel, but insurance only covers Testim. Personally, I think it smells like Lysol. I am feeling better but hate the application process and the stickiness off my skin afterward. If my levels don't bump up on my next round of blood tests, I'm going to go to a urologist and see about getting the pellets put in."

jbrown9999 April 10, 2016

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "39 yo male. Diagnosed with hypogonadism following a rather rapid loss of erections in Nov. 2015. Unable to maintain a normal erection. Loss of libido. Doctor found low testosterone as the issue. Levels were between 175 and 275; free testosterone at 6.2. I was prescribed Androderm 2mg patches and wore them for three weeks. Brought my T levels up to 350. My urologist upgraded me to the 4mg patch and wore those for approximately 2 weeks. While on the 2mg patch I noted irritation at the site beginning after about 7-10 days. I was rotating application sites as instructed but the reaction continued to get worse. Ended up switching to Axiron because the reaction to the patches was becoming severe/extreme. I was covered in itchy spots."

Sculler00 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "The stinking smell! Ugh. After I apply this gel (which for me dries quickly), I smell like I have women's perfume on all day. The smell does not diminish. I mean what are they thinking? You make a product for men with low T and then some genius in the lab decides to add a feminine scent to it? I am sure they are having a good laugh over that one. That said, beside the Chanel No. 5 scent, I do feel better after taking it now for two weeks. I have not had labs done yet, but I have noticed a change. I am going to try and change to something else, however, my insurance company made me jump through hoops to get it, but I just can't stand the smell."

WillnFLA April 5, 2016

For Hypogonadism, Male: "I am 54. Over the past seven years I have tried several medications. Beginning in 2009 with a compound cream. I stopped using the compound because I no longer felt that the pharmacy was mixing properly - no effects. I switched to Axiron - no effect and messy. I went to Androgel, then Fortesta, couldn't really identify the feeling that I was looking for. I do realize that the free testosterone was the issue. During 2015 I didn't take any at all as I was out of the country. I developed gynocomastia - as a result of too much estrogen. Before I left, I started taking Testim - which seemd good. However, the insurance company sent me a letter saying that they would not cover anymore. I had to take one of the others. I want to try injections."

Maverickman March 29, 2016

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I am 42 and I have been on 60mg Axiron for 6 weeks. Initial total T was 240 with all the symptoms of low T. Today my total is 840 and free is 248. I feel fantastic. The first couple of days were tough as my body adjusted. The only down side for me is the minor alcohol irritation after application but well worth it. Initially starting this medication my skin was oily, libido was out of control, my facial hair seemed to grow in within minutes, I was retaining water and my scrotum shriveled up. After a week or so everything returned to "normal". No back hair or sudden muscle bulk. No gyno or roid rage. The product works great for me and I was shocked as it seems everyone likes bashing the topicals and raving about injections."

J73 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2016

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I have been suffering negative physical effects brought on by extremely low testosterone. Several months ago my doctor performed a blood test substantiating yet again this to be factual. CVS Caremark who is in bed with CalPERS created a situation where I was forced to use AXIRON. CVS Caremark basis for creating a situation where I was to use AXIRON to treat my low T is based on them changing their formularies. Their formularies and creating a situation where I was using AXIRON have caused me further physical harm. After several months of correctly applying AXIRON blood test substantiate that my testosterone levels dropped off substantially. I'm pissed off. AXIRON is a junk product. "

AXIRON is worthless February 25, 2016