User Reviews for Testosterone

Also known as: Andro LA 200, Andro-Cyp 100, Andro-Cyp 200, Androderm, AndroGel, Aveed, Delatest, Delatestryl, Depandro 100, Depo-Testosterone, Depotest, Duratest, Durathate 200, Everone, FIRST-Testosterone, FIRST-Testosterone MC, Fortesta, Histerone, Meditest, Natesto, Striant, Testamone-100, Testim, Testo-100, Testoderm, Testolin, Testopel, Testopel Pellets, Testro, Testro AQ, Testro-LA, Virilon IM, Vogelxo, Xyosted …show all brand names

Klinefelter Syndrome

1 review 65 medications
Gender Dysphoria

Summary of Testosterone reviews 7.3 435 reviews

Reviews for Testosterone

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Phew! Used this only two days. The smell is absolutely offensive. It reminds me of decades ago, had an 82 year old landlord who did yard work every day but I think he only showered once a month (no kidding). He wore some kind of nauseating cologne that stayed sour. No idea on whether this would have worked. Rather be low T than reek of this. Had to trash three T shirts and a bath towel that the smell will not come out of. Still hoping we can get the smell out of the washing machine. So far no go with vinegar and baking soda. Going to try to get refund tomorrow ."

light 3 T's (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2019

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I've been on and off Androgel for over 20 years now. Having had other health issues, I ignored my symptoms of Low T for the last two years. My fatigue was quite heavy, I had night sweats that drenched me nightly and rarely a sexual thought. My number was 114.50. Very low. I felt the effects of Androgel that very same day. I actually had a sexual thought about six hours after applying the gel and I did not have the night sweats on the very first night. To say I am pleased is an understatement. I'm looking forward to more energy, a pleasant mood and a clearer mind of thought. I'm very grateful for this medication. The V.A. paid fully for this medication."

Dalton (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2019

Testopel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "35 y/o male. Pre levels 200-280. On/Off Testopel 2.5 yrs. It really does the trick for me. It takes the right doc, labs & patient. Be persistent, you deserve to feel good again. Hoping this post helps others as there seems to be conflicting & an overall lack of information online about pellets. I have more clarity, focus, drive, libido and just getting stuff done like I used to in life. It ebbs downward towards end of month 3-4. Coming off this last time I really noted how much Testopel improves my daily life. I take an estrogen inhibitor. Butt will hurt 2-3 wk. Get as high up as the doc can. My doc inserts in love handles. This is rare. I could not find another doc that does this. If you do, try it. I get a hematoma in both the cheek or flank but given the alternative I say it's worth it. Procedure is easy & painless, it's the subsequent swelling that's annoying solely because you sit there. Never had pellets push out, never had infection, insurance covers it, life is good."

J Money (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 8, 2019

Aveed (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "After taking TC for 15 years I thought I could get a break from 52 shots a year. I am usually between 600-800. My last level on Aveed was 310. Excluding the drive each way, by the time I wait in the waiting room, wait in the treatment room, wait for them to prepare and administer the injection, then wait another 20-30 minutes, it is a lot of wasted time for a shot. Each injection seems to be a big deal to them. No some seems confident in administering a butt injection. So far I had 4 different nurses administer the shot. I wish they just inject it fast, it seems like it takes forever. The shot itself is uncomfortable but tolerable. The worse part is waiting the 30 minutes afterwards, when you get up it feels sore and feels like something is in your back pocket. The nurse said my doctor was checking on doing 2 shots per visit to get my levels up but I am not sure that can happen."

pincusion (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2019

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "The adhesive quality of these patches is sub-par to put it mildly. They are being applied at bedtime to clean, dry, non-hairy skin areas. They ALWAYS come off every night without fail. I have to tape along the edges to keep them in place. It should come with a roll of tape in every box. Did I get a bad box? Or is this what I have to look forward to everyday if I elect to stay with this product? I specifically asked my PCP to take me of of AXIRON because I felt that the patch would be less messy and deliver the medication more efficiently. I'm regretting doing this now. I've only used 10 of them as of this writing. I will finish this box since they've been paid for. But likely will ask to switch back to a topical next time."

HBK13 January 29, 2019

Depo-Testosterone (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Injectable testosterone is an effective treatment once you figure out what dosing schedule works best for you."

Pal (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 18, 2019

Aveed (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Worthless. My T Level dropped to 411. I was at 800 on my personal injection. Not worth the effort. Avoid."

Nick January 17, 2019

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I can not keep the patches on for 8 hours let alone 24 hours, even by adding tape all around the edges they just fall off."

GiddyUp (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2018

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Love your testim, I have a new plan with Oxford Heath. I've been with them for years, and now because of a new plan they won't cover anything!!"

T.lee (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 13, 2018

For Hypogonadism, Male: "Just started 1.62% from generic 1.0% It is generic now. 10$ at Walgreens with insurance. Hope it works."

RFM (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2018

Testopel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "For the most part I like the testopels. No gel would absorb into my system well enough. Also giving myself weekly shots wasn't working very well. It takes me about 3 to 5 days for me to notice they are working. After that I get either 2 1/2 months to 3 months of testosterone. I get 12 pellets implanted when my levels reach 300 or below. What is my only issue is, once it starts to get low I really get sluggish. But knowing I can go right at 90 days without thinking about it makes it my right choice."

Frank October 14, 2018

Testopel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I have had low T for years .. I have tried the gel and shots every two weeks with little results. The implants have worked for me. I have 10 pellets implanted every three and a half months. Soon after I feel my libido increase and my energy increase. My levels stay high and has helped my sex life. But no change in muscle mass. This is the answer to my problem... recommend it."

Lee (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 18, 2018

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "My levels were around 250 been taking it for 10 years. Dr had me on 4 pumps a day. My levels went to 800 first test and Dr wanted it lowered so next test I did not take any for a day and came in at 580. He wanted me to take 3 pump or 2 pumps. I take morning and another 2 pump later. Stuff works for me "

Chiguy (taken for 10 years or more) September 12, 2018

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "So if you go to a "compounding pharmacy" they can make you a 1.62% generic (since they only make 1% in generic). Name brand Androgel 1.62% walgreens quoted me $750 September 2018. Generic 1% was $450 without any coupons, which you can find online. The compound pharmacy made me a 1.62% pump gel and charged me $35. Yes, only $35 cash for a 30 day supply."

Smart dood (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2018

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Had low energy and sex drive was about gone. 26 years old and am on an opiate blocker called suboxone. Suboxone kills your testosterone. If I would have known that I would have never gotten on it. I’m getting close to getting off suboxone. Been clean for a few years now. I would suggest this opiate blocker be used for short term use only. Anyway about a year ago I tested my T level and it was 280 ng. I decided to get on androgel and just got my levels tested and now it’s 660 ng. I’ve been on the gel for about a year and especially in the last month my sex drive has gone up drastically. I get sick of seeing negative comments saying topical creams do not work. These are false blanket statements. Maybe for a lot of people cream doesn’t work but for me it works. I would suggest anyone over the age of 18 to test their T levels. I’ve talked with friends who had PTSD and have been suicidal and TRT saved their life."

Drew September 1, 2018

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I started on this gel about 3 years ago I guess. I had had kidney stones and my urologist suggested it (I can't remember "why" now. I am not sure what I expected, perhaps better muscles, skin tone, ERECTIONS! Nothing dramatic happened, but after a couple of years( I think) I thought that my balls were shrinking! As it was a gradual reduction in size I guess I sort of ignored it, then one day about a year or so ago, I fondled my balls and I was horrified, what I felt was something akin to 2 baked beans-I mean REALLY tiny. I immediately stopped the gel, and after some time they came back to their full size (I guess-I hadn't measured so I can't provide "before" and "after" stats), But they seem a reasonable size. I guess if the benefits of the gel, are such for the individual that they don't mind the shrinkage, but for me, it felt like I had lost my masculinity."

ACE (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 28, 2018

Testopel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I gained 21 lbs in 20 days.. sure..my level ..as clinically measured was 600 smack dab in the middle but did I feel stronger libido?..no more muscle..no..(unless fat is muscle) more mental clarity?..no I can't say one good thing about this stuff.. it's worth is worthless... at best.. but if you want to tell your friends your "t" level is up.. well..you can!"

eric (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2018

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I have low T - it came in at 160. I am 72 years of age been using Axiron for 7 months. My dose is 60mg per day which is 2 pumps. I raised my level to 530 which is so so for me since my testosterone level has always been 600-750 thru my late 50s & 60s and before it suddenly dropped to 160. I previously used the injections for the past 10 years which would raise my level to 1500-2000. At this level, I was physically much stronger & somewhat more energized. My assessment of Axiron is that it is OK that's about it. On a scale of 1-10 I would rate it 4-5. The injections are a definite 9-10. I would not pay the $500n per month for Axiron, however my insurance cover most of my copay is $24 per month."

RaymondBaucum August 13, 2018

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I've tried many gels with little to no success, injections would make me sick.. Fortesta has been the best thing for me!! At 37 my testosterone was below 200... After a few month with 3 pumps of fortesta (suggested is 4 pumps).. I had the following labs Testosterone 983 Free Testosterone 25.2 All my other labs like blood thickness and prostate were unchanged, though my E2 was higher but in normal range.. Labs 6 months later showed about the same results, I have lowered my dose to 2.5 pumps to keep estrogen in balance, My testosterone on the lower dosage has dropped, but to around 600 which is the ideal number for my age.. This stuff is the Cadillac of gels.. No mess, no smell,no sleep apnea and no poor T levels I use to get with androgel or axiron..."

Unknown (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 6, 2018

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I was on androgel for 3 years and had marginal results with 4-6 pumps. I am now using Axiron (Axel-Rod) and within 2 days of 3 pumps of Axiron I noticed energy, sex drive, and the desire to do things like go girl watching at 46--then I remembered I was married. I am seriously impressed. The shots are hard on my heart as I have Premature atrial contractions (PACs) and Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs) after administering. The application for me of Axl-Rod is messy - I use a glove and one pump at a time. The applicator is dumb. But, the product is awesome. Cheers"

Jader (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2018

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Went into my doctor complaining about low energy, depression, problems in the sex department etc. Tested my T levels, was at like 89. Put me on the 2mg patch. One month in have felt absolutely nothing. Did not refill my prescription. Got tested again, waiting for results. PS. I'm 47, male. Used to like to lift weights, run and scuba dive. Now one mediocre workout leaves me exhausted for days. If I mow the lawn I need a nap."

Average Joe (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2018

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I am a 50 y/o male who was experiencing very low energy and libido. Even getting up off the sofa was like a chore. My primary doc did a testosterone test and I came in at 106. The doctor was stunned so he drew another blood sample. He called later in the week and said that I had dropped to 98. He immediately sent me to and endocrinologist who put me on Axiron. Did it for a month and felt no improvements and blood sample came in at a paltry 208. He wanted to go another month but I demanded going to testosterone cypionate injections. I now do one injection every week and immediately felt less lethargic and began to enjoy sex again. While I am glad that Axiron helps many men, it did ZERO for me."

Jimbo (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2018

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "My test results were in the single digits (it was bad), I was put on Axiron for about 18 months, worked great as my numbers were way up and I was back in the gym feeling good about myself. Then my insurance changed and Testim is all they cover, within three months of using one tube daily my numbers are back down in the single digits and I am once again feeling like garbage, not going to the gym and mood hitting rock bottom. I would swear this stuff in nothing more than a placebo. Also, what most hate about Testim rings true for me also, the stuff in so sticky and a pain to apply. I use sandwich bags and rub it in until the bag won't move anymore, wait an hour, then put on a shirt that constantly sticks to me throughout the day. Being a flavors and fragrance chemist myself, I just cannot understand who made this stuff and approved it for use with the odor and traits it has."

Cooper (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 20, 2018

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I went to the dr. I had my T-levels check came back 160 and couple months went by my T-levels are 473 feeling good. I highly recommended Androgel 1.62"

Biggs (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2018

Aveed (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Cost varied widely $274 first time then $30 next two. Called to refill and now it’s $900! Can’t get an explanation. I received a letter asking for me to complete a survey for $50. I did and about 90 days later I received the check which bounced and I was also charged $12 for the returned item. I spent a week trying to get anyone to help me. Horrible customer service! Finally I emailed Endo’s president and they sent over another check for $50. It also bounced. I started emailing again asking for payment and now for the $24 in fees. Got a check for $12 and it also bounced. Got Tina in risk management and was promised this would all be corrected and I would be compensated for time and aggravation. I finally received a money order for what I was owed plus the returned check fees. Tina will not discuss my time or aggravation any longer. Don’t use this drug. Endo doesn’t care about its customers. I’ve already made the switch to every two weeks."

Wolf March 29, 2018