User Reviews for Testosterone

Also known as: Andro LA 200, Andro-Cyp 100, Andro-Cyp 200, Androderm, AndroGel, AndroGel 1.25 g Packets, AndroGel 2.5 g Packets, Aveed, Axiron, Delatest, Delatestryl, Depandro 100, Depo-Testosterone, Depotest, Duratest, ...show all 35 brand names

Learn more about Testosterone.

Klinefelter Syndrome 1 reviews 0 medications

7.5
Gender Dysphoria 2 reviews 0 medications

Summary of Testosterone reviews 373 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Testosterone

Depo-Testosterone (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Had low testosterone. I was in a car accident and had a head injury. This caused my pituitary gland to stop working and shrank from the pressure in my brain. I didn't want a patch. I inject every 2 weeks and it works great. It's much cheaper, nobody has to know unless you tell them and it takes 5 minutes every 2 weeks. What could be easier."

Low Test September 15, 2016

For Postpartum Breast Pain: "I had a hysterectomy (total) in 2012. Since then I have had decreased hormones (they gave me estradiol in increasing dosages with no help). The beginning of this year my urologist ran very specific tests, I had very little estrogen (I was not absorbing the estradiol pills full strength, it was being wasted thru digestion), so he put me on Divigel (estrogen gel, to apply to my upper thigh area daily). The other parts of female hormones I had absolutely None of were progesterone and testotestosterone (I didn't know that women produced it also, and is very important to severe hot flashes and severe mood swings.) I cannot live a normal life without it, I get completely crazy without the small pea sized dose I smear on my calf every day."

Alice8 September 6, 2016

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I had T levels below 200 and the Doc started me on Androgel 1.62. I saw minor improvements at 2 and 3 pumps per day, but didn't see normal T numbers until he prescribed a max dose of 4 pumps daily. I had libido and ED issues that have greatly improved. The main side effect I have is that I have some body acne on the shoulders and upper chest, I've also had a little more chest hair. Without insurance and even with insurance the gel can be too pricey for many."

Southern Guy (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2016

For Delayed Puberty, Male: "shots: 250 mg a week and I'm like a 18 years young man. wife is happy and I have lots of energy and good mood swing"

fin300 September 3, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I tried Testim samples and found its fragrance revolting and it did not dissipate through the day. I cannot imagine smelling as if I applied cologne every day of my life. And I really ripped into the manufacturer's stupidity on their website. One thing any man with hypogonadism wants is for no one but his doctor and lover to know he has hypogonadism. Walking around with the same strong scent everyday would be odd in an office environment and no doubt someone would ask what the cologne name is. It is so thoughtless."

Horse With No Name (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Works great. Was experiencing adverse effects of low T and my doctor confirmed it. He prescribed this to me as 2 pumps per leg per day. At first it took about 45 minutes to absorb but now it takes about 5-10 minutes and goes on easily. My wife now complains that my libido is too strong LOL. I love this. I hope you have similar experience as I do. My insurance didn't want to cover the other popular brands. The Pharmacy specialist in my insurance told me to go for this as they would cover it right off the bat. Glad I spoke to them. Just $20.00 per two bottle refills."

David P. August 6, 2016

For Hypogonadism, Male: "I was struggling pretty bad with chronic daily fatigue and a foggy head. After eliminating a few possibilities as to the cause I discovered low testosterone can cause these types of issues. I asked my doctor to be tested and sure enough I was low. My levels were actually lower than a 75 year old man (I was 30 at the time). Tried the gel, it worked but I didn't really like it. I was switched to the patches. The patches would not, for the life of me, stay on. Finally I was placed on the injection. The injection works great for me. I can do it in the comfort of my own home and I only have to do it once every 2 weeks. My wife was trained by a nurse on how to give the shots and that's how we do it. My levels are now within normal range."

Jwright7784 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 23, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I had abnormally lot T readings, 199, 225 and 249, went on Androgel Brand name therapy, within a month, subsequent readings over 400, last reading was 76, and the only difference is that I was swiched to a generic brand, Perrigo, from Israel."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 22, 2016

FIRST-Testosterone MC (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "This is a compound drug that comes in a kit. The pharmacist behind the counter will mix it before dispensing it. It's a cheap cream that comes in a jar like coco butter and you put it on your shoulders. It's very difficult to get the correct dosage with a cream so that's why it didn't work for me. A gel is much better than cream, but the cream is cheaper."

Dirk Diggler July 22, 2016

Aveed (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Received my first shot yesterday in term of effectivity I'm not sure yet however I did have some severe side effects following the injection. Dizziness, sweating, and I fainted however it passed in about 10 minutes."

Chris t (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2016

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I had used testosterone injection therapy with mixed results. My doctor was concerned about possible heart attacks in an article he read, so he switched me to Axiron. I took it 4 or 5 months. I did not find Axiron hard to apply other than waiting 3 minutes between deodorant and application. Sometimes, I felt a bit warm as far as body temperature afterwards. The problem was, it didn't work for me. Sexual function got worse and worse, and I just had a blood test where my testosterone was 105, horrendously low for mid 40's person. So basically, my body does not absorb it."

Brett77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2016

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I am a 54 year old male; my free T came back at 29, very low. I was prescribed 1.62% less then a week ago. My motivation and energy levels coming back up already. I have no sex drive at al and cannot get or maintain an erection. Anxious to see how things progress in a couple weeks. Thanks to all for the great feedback."

MPW61 July 17, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Just 3 days in on using Testim and with all the negative reviews I was worried. The application process is not a big deal to me and while sticky it drys quickly and my shirts don't stick. My wife noticed the smell but thought it smelled manly and no one else has commented yet. I barely notice it even having asthma. Reallly no apparent changes yet but today I had an itch on the side of my penis and started scratching it and almost in no time I was semi erect so I guess that's a good first step. My Urologist told me to expect changes after 5-6 days so we'll see."

Skeetman (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "this is a real scam ! it not work !"

kethouse (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Worked well on restablishing "normal" testosterene levels, but strong impact on moods,,agresiveness and irritability."

Misha707 July 11, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I have been using testim for 6 years now due to endocrine induced low testosterone count. Overall it has increased my libido and the smell is great to women. I take half tube per day (about 25mg). However, I experience joint pain all the time notably on my fingers obviously used to rub the stuff on my shoulders. I also feel pain under my feet. Getting up and trying to walk in the morning is a struggle. The symptoms disappear after 15-20 minutes. And the joint pain is less noticeable in summer when it's warmer. Last year I slipped and fell on my shoulder resulting in a comminuted fracture. I'm worried testim might be causing osteoporosis. My endocrinologist and Dr are aware of my symptoms but haven't offered any explanation to date."

Yayostyle July 4, 2016

For Klinefelter Syndrome: "I've taken testosterone in various different forms since I was 18, and the worst form was the implants as my body rejected them, twice, so I gave up on that method. Recently the manufacturers of Andriol have advised production of Andriol was going to be delayed and New Zealand won't be restocked until September 2016. Not wishing to go back to injections I determined to trial Androderm patch, and I wish I'd done it years ago. My skin has no reaction to this patch. It delivers a good level of testosterone based on how I feel, I've not had any blood tests to back that opinion up. However; on Andriol I don't experience morning erections very often, but with the patch I do, regularly. Shaving has also gone back to normal."

XXYGuy (taken for 10 years or more) June 12, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for : "I've been using this for a few years and have had a great experience. More energy and I think also helped with mild depression. About the odor- to ME it smells chemical and harsh putting it on, but once it's on can't smell it. SOME people don't smell it on me at all. SOME people think it smells great on me. A lot of women who are candid enough to tell me ~really~ like it. The moral of the story is that the smell as experienced by the person smelling it is highly variable. Clearly it has something to do people's biochemical attractions. Note there are studies about women smelling men's worn clothing (without cologne or anything) and there's a wide variety of reactions and attraction."

SF Guy (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 11, 2016

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I have been using Axiron for 3 months and have experienced no noticeable positive effects. Still have low libido, no morning erections, lack of penile sensitivity, weak orgasms and lethargy. Going to try injections ASAP."

DoesNotWork June 10, 2016

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "As a not-so-active 54 year old male who is a non-smoker and relatively light social drinker, my T level had dropped to a pathetic 120. I had no mojo for anything and my doctor commented out load how she wondered how I got out of bed in the morning. After 3 years of Axiron therapy (underarm application) I am at a very comfortable 900. I feel so much better and while my marriage did not survive this condition, my girlfriend is enjoying the benefits of this replacement therapy. It works for me (and my woman!)."

C'mon Friday (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 8, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Androgel gave me a rash and my doctor prescribed this to me. I am supposed to apply 2 tubes but this is simple disgusting. It has a very strong sweet odor that never leaves your body. I absolutely hate it, everywhere I go I reek of this smell. Not sure what genius thought of this idea that something that has to be applied by millions people is supposed to have a fragrance. Secondly and this is bad too, it's disgusting to put on compared to androgel. It's more sticky / oily and never fully gets in the skin. I keep rubbing it for 10 minutes and still the outer layer of my skin is greasy and it never dries. It will probably work but I am going back on injections as I can't get over the smell / substance issues."

DonnieDP (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

For Hypogonadism, Male: "Looking at these different reviews I have to make a comment. I was placed on low T therapy in 2005. Tried Testim & Androgel, couldn't tolerate them, was refererred to a compounding pharmacy who produce whats called a bio identical testosterone gel, measured dose with a small spoon and applied to the skin, in my case upper forearms. Works great, no skin irritation, dries in a couple minutes, not sticky, clear in color, slight alcohol smell, bad thing insurance won't cover it, good thing it currently only costs $48. For a 30 day supply. Been using it now for 10 years.. might not be for everyone but worth a try if you are not getting positive results with the other products.."

oldguyaz (taken for 10 years or more) May 29, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I've done well on Testim. Energy and mood levels up. Really helps in the gym, too. Lifting weights enhances the effect, probably because lifting helps augment T. Many women love the smell. I get lots of comments about it. In fact, it's pretty funny."

Eddie St J (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 23, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Was forced to use Testim gel as my new insurance would not cover Fortesta or Androgel. This stuff is disgusting. NEVER completely dries...If I apply in the morning, even after an hour wait, my shirt sticks to me like glue. If I apply at night, MY SHEETS STICK TO ME. Smells terrible, extremely difficult to apply (comes in small metal tubes and nearly impossible to get it all out) and worst of all, did not raise my testosterone levels significantly. I dreaded applying this."

stickyone (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 6, 2016

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Started using this less than a week ago. I've done test inj in the past and worked out and got dramatic results. Now that I'm older (48), my test is low, 208, my Dr prescribed Androgel, but insurance only covers Testim. Personally, I think it smells like Lysol. I am feeling better but hate the application process and the stickiness off my skin afterward. If my levels don't bump up on my next round of blood tests, I'm going to go to a urologist and see about getting the pellets put in."

jbrown9999 April 10, 2016