User Reviews for HCG

Hypogonadism, Male 1 reviews 60 medications

5.5
Summary of HCG reviews 10 reviews 6.1

Reviews for HCG

For Obesity "I started off at 180. (5'5" female). I needed to lose 20-30 pounds. I stuck to the diet by the book, eating before starting "high fat foods) for the first 3 days "to prepare for HCG.) I gained an additional 4 pounds. I stayed on the diet for 7 months under Alternative medicine doctor (and his wife assistant.) I experienced itching 4 months into it (I was told my body was getting rid of toxins (??), but my weight never went below 178, although I lost inches and went from a size 16-18 to a 12-14. (500 calories a day, no sugar, carbs, oils). The Hcg was discontinued, and I was informed the weight was "locked in" at 180. I was to eat only 1000 daily with no sugar, carbs or oils. Within 1 month of being off HCG, I weighed 200!"

Nitngale (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I did lose weight as long as I continued to take the drug. When I stopped and since then I have had swollen abdomen, stomach pain, water retention in general (which I never had before), decreased urine and then increased urine. No energy since stopping and that was never a problem before. Trouble breathing but as with any diet drug I've observed (I had hoped this one was different) you gain back twice as much as you lose as soon as you discontinue it. I just hope it hasn't done permanent damage to me."

LindaCBD196323 August 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I have done the HCg injections and lost 40 lbs. I did loose some muscle but I kept the weight off til I had significant stress and reverted to bad habits. THat's my bad. What people need to understand is that you need to follow the HCG plan by dr SImons. No, you cannot eat hamburger, no you cannot have a glass of wine everyday, no you cannot eat watermelon - at least in phase 2, 3. People fail at this diet because they refuse to adher or do not read about the original diet and follow it. But it works when you do it right. And I felt better on it than off it - it helped with my shoulder pain."

inkyblack June 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I don't recommend HCG prescription injections for anything. I had the worse headaches that I've ever had in my life. The right side of my face started sagging and I was very weak. 1. ER visit , I was in the trauma unit because they thought I had a stroke. Wrong! 2. ER visit, diagnosed as Bell's palsy. Wrong! 3. ER visit, Lyme disease! Wrong again! It was the HCG! It may help women lose weight but definitely not worth the side effects!"

lexus985 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I did 40 day injections and found the diet easy to stick to if you plan your meals, pre weigh and bag about 1 week ahead. I had headaches sometimes as a side effect but Tylenol worked. I started at 195 5' tall and weighed 163 after stopping the injections. I waited 6 weeks and now weigh 167 and am beginning a second 23 day round of injections. I am convinced that the weight will stay off. I will continue with each treatment until I get down to 125"

tbpixiedust (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I lost 78 lbs on HCG and felt great! I have kept off the weight for 2 years!"

loseitnowshan December 2, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hypogonadism, Male "Testosterone injections didn't work so started HCG."

katjasliz February 22, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I lost 70 lbs. from 2/22 until today (9/26)."

Anonymous September 27, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I lost more than 100 lbs using HCG. It took me less than 4 months to do it, and once I got the hang of it, it was easy and fast!"

Anonymous January 25, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "Along with a VLCD, hcg appears to be very effective. It was manageable, but such a restrictive diet that typically goes along with using HCG as a diet supplement is hard. Its definitely not a diet for the weak! That being said, it seemed effective. I lost minimal muscle, even though I lost a significant amount of fat/water."

Anonymous June 22, 2011