User Reviews for Testosterone (Page 2)

Also known as: Andro LA 200, Andro-Cyp 100, Andro-Cyp 200, Androderm, AndroGel, Aveed, Axiron, Delatest, Delatestryl, Depandro 100, Depo-Testosterone, Depotest, Duratest, Durathate 200, Everone, FIRST-Testosterone, FIRST-Testosterone MC, Fortesta, Histerone, Meditest, Natesto, Striant, Testamone-100, Testim, Testo-100, Testoderm, Testolin, Testopel, Testopel Pellets, Testro, Testro AQ, Testro-LA, Virilon IM, Vogelxo …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Testosterone.

Klinefelter Syndrome

7.3

Gender Dysphoria

Summary of Testosterone reviews 8.5 408 reviews

Reviews for Testosterone

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "This stuff smells disgusting. I gave up after two days. What kind of idiots would want their product to smell like this ??? If you've got stock in this company sell it quickly."

Tommy Testes (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I don't understand how any man cannot like Testim Absorbs better that any other gel I have tried. Woman LOVE the smell. I can be grocery shopping and a woman will pass by and say "What is the cologne you have on!" and her eyes are bugging out of her head. The smell turns them on! Men don't notice. I like that!"

Mikda December 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "OK guys, time-out! I never thought I'd come to the defense of a consumer product, much less one that costs such an obscene amount of money, but: 1. There are a lot of guys on here complaining they had low testosterone (Low T) and giving their numbers before treatment. A large portion of them say Axiron took their numbers up into the 500 range. THIS IS WHAT THE DRUG IS SUPPOSED TO DO! If you're roughly between 348-1000, you're back to normal. Axiron worked. The fact that you still feel tired, or fatigued, or depressed is most likely due to other issues. I think there are too many guys on here expecting to take this drug and it turn them into the Hulk, make them happy all the time, and provide for them sex whenever they want it."

KYBuck (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I am 66 and used Androgel in the past for about 4 years, max dose (4 pumps), with T around 450. Then med was dropped from formulary; I switched to Fortesta. Doc started me on max dose (7 pumps; has different concentration) but had to decrease to just 2 pumps to get acceptable T level (7 pumps Fortesta gave T of 3,500!). The formulary changed again and I'm back on Androgel 1.62% for nearly a year, max dose of 4 pumps, but T now only 175. This new stuff smells and feels different than the Androgel I was on before and is made in Mexico which makes me suspect improper manufacturing or storage. Am definitely not pleased with this product now, and wonder what I'm actually using. Will ask Doc about applying to thighs where I used Fortesta."

Michael1950 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "34 YOM Began 1 tube of generic testim 6 months ago for T levels around 100, insurance would not cover pump. After approx 1 week, I broke out in a rash, however kept using and after 1-2 weeks, rash cleared up. Yes, it is a process to apply it in the morning, albeit a maybe 5 minute process. The best advice is to USE rubber medical gloves to apply, otherwise it is a complete mess to clean up, and USE a metal tube key to get the last 25% out of the tube. Rub it on until it begins drying,(30 seconds maybe) wait a couple minutes to put a t shirt on, and do your thing. I haven't noticed really any smell at all, certainly not bothersome. I do not have recent lab results, so I will not attest to its efficacy,I just want to share my tips."

Mike is great November 23, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I took Axiron for a year or 2. My T level was 680 on my last test. After taking Androgel 1.62 for 9 months, my T level is now 189. My doctor is asking me to double up (4 pumps instead of 2). I am very disappointed in the effectiveness of Androgel 1.62 and also concerned with any side effects that might accompany doubling my dose. Any comment?"

DougB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "45 years old. Original test 160. Two pumps of 1.62 a day retested after 2 months tested 492."

Cam45 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "2 tubes a day raised me over 1000 from 262. Way too high. Now on 1.5 tubes. It works IF YOU APPLY IT CORRECTLY. I'm laughing at all these guys that say it doesn't dry. Try following the instructions of rubbing it in until it dries folks. Like literally it takes 30 seconds. It is NOT a self drying gel like Androgel. Yikes man! As for the smell? It's added. Other reviewers are incorrect. It's on their website. Do some research. It's not the T gel it's the cologne with pheromones they add to it. As for what it smells like? Awesome. I've had woman after woman tell me I smell awesome. I don't know what's wrong with these guys who DONT want to smell sexy."

Don't believe these reviews. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 20, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "After using 2 pumps per day for 4 months total testosterone levels dropped from 224 to 174. Worthless product."

LwsEge (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aveed (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I have been on Aveed for six month.5 weeks After the 3rd shot I had blood work. My test levels are 400. Witch is pretty low. Before getting on Aveed. I was on test cypionate. 2 injection per week of .5 ml each. My test level then where at 890 . Plus every time you get an injection you have to go to your doctor'said office and stay under observation for 30 mn. So you get charge $35 for the shot and $50 for the injection. Cypionate with anastrozol for a month supply would only cost me $12."

Eman123170 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Depo-Testosterone (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Had low testosterone. I was in a car accident and had a head injury. This caused my pituitary gland to stop working and shrank from the pressure in my brain. I didn't want a patch. I inject every 2 weeks and it works great. It's much cheaper, nobody has to know unless you tell them and it takes 5 minutes every 2 weeks. What could be easier."

Low Test September 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postpartum Breast Pain: "I had a hysterectomy (total) in 2012. Since then I have had decreased hormones (they gave me estradiol in increasing dosages with no help). The beginning of this year my urologist ran very specific tests, I had very little estrogen (I was not absorbing the estradiol pills full strength, it was being wasted thru digestion), so he put me on Divigel (estrogen gel, to apply to my upper thigh area daily). The other parts of female hormones I had absolutely None of were progesterone and testotestosterone (I didn't know that women produced it also, and is very important to severe hot flashes and severe mood swings.) I cannot live a normal life without it, I get completely crazy without the small pea sized dose I smear on my calf every day."

Alice8 September 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I had T levels below 200 and the Doc started me on Androgel 1.62. I saw minor improvements at 2 and 3 pumps per day, but didn't see normal T numbers until he prescribed a max dose of 4 pumps daily. I had libido and ED issues that have greatly improved. The main side effect I have is that I have some body acne on the shoulders and upper chest, I've also had a little more chest hair. Without insurance and even with insurance the gel can be too pricey for many."

Southern Guy (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Delayed Puberty, Male: "shots: 250 mg a week and I'm like a 18 years young man. wife is happy and I have lots of energy and good mood swing"

fin300 September 3, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I tried Testim samples and found its fragrance revolting and it did not dissipate through the day. I cannot imagine smelling as if I applied cologne every day of my life. And I really ripped into the manufacturer's stupidity on their website. One thing any man with hypogonadism wants is for no one but his doctor and lover to know he has hypogonadism. Walking around with the same strong scent everyday would be odd in an office environment and no doubt someone would ask what the cologne name is. It is so thoughtless."

Horse With No Name (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Works great. Was experiencing adverse effects of low T and my doctor confirmed it. He prescribed this to me as 2 pumps per leg per day. At first it took about 45 minutes to absorb but now it takes about 5-10 minutes and goes on easily. My wife now complains that my libido is too strong LOL. I love this. I hope you have similar experience as I do. My insurance didn't want to cover the other popular brands. The Pharmacy specialist in my insurance told me to go for this as they would cover it right off the bat. Glad I spoke to them. Just $20.00 per two bottle refills."

David P. August 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hypogonadism, Male: "I was struggling pretty bad with chronic daily fatigue and a foggy head. After eliminating a few possibilities as to the cause I discovered low testosterone can cause these types of issues. I asked my doctor to be tested and sure enough I was low. My levels were actually lower than a 75 year old man (I was 30 at the time). Tried the gel, it worked but I didn't really like it. I was switched to the patches. The patches would not, for the life of me, stay on. Finally I was placed on the injection. The injection works great for me. I can do it in the comfort of my own home and I only have to do it once every 2 weeks. My wife was trained by a nurse on how to give the shots and that's how we do it. My levels are now within normal range."

Jwright7784 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 23, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I had abnormally lot T readings, 199, 225 and 249, went on Androgel Brand name therapy, within a month, subsequent readings over 400, last reading was 76, and the only difference is that I was swiched to a generic brand, Perrigo, from Israel."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 22, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

FIRST-Testosterone MC (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "This is a compound drug that comes in a kit. The pharmacist behind the counter will mix it before dispensing it. It's a cheap cream that comes in a jar like coco butter and you put it on your shoulders. It's very difficult to get the correct dosage with a cream so that's why it didn't work for me. A gel is much better than cream, but the cream is cheaper."

Dirk Diggler July 22, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aveed (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Received my first shot yesterday in term of effectivity I'm not sure yet however I did have some severe side effects following the injection. Dizziness, sweating, and I fainted however it passed in about 10 minutes."

Chris t (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I had used testosterone injection therapy with mixed results. My doctor was concerned about possible heart attacks in an article he read, so he switched me to Axiron. I took it 4 or 5 months. I did not find Axiron hard to apply other than waiting 3 minutes between deodorant and application. Sometimes, I felt a bit warm as far as body temperature afterwards. The problem was, it didn't work for me. Sexual function got worse and worse, and I just had a blood test where my testosterone was 105, horrendously low for mid 40's person. So basically, my body does not absorb it."

Brett77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I am a 54 year old male; my free T came back at 29, very low. I was prescribed 1.62% less then a week ago. My motivation and energy levels coming back up already. I have no sex drive at al and cannot get or maintain an erection. Anxious to see how things progress in a couple weeks. Thanks to all for the great feedback."

MPW61 July 17, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Just 3 days in on using Testim and with all the negative reviews I was worried. The application process is not a big deal to me and while sticky it drys quickly and my shirts don't stick. My wife noticed the smell but thought it smelled manly and no one else has commented yet. I barely notice it even having asthma. Reallly no apparent changes yet but today I had an itch on the side of my penis and started scratching it and almost in no time I was semi erect so I guess that's a good first step. My Urologist told me to expect changes after 5-6 days so we'll see."

Skeetman (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "this is a real scam ! it not work !"

kethouse (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Worked well on restablishing "normal" testosterene levels, but strong impact on moods,,agresiveness and irritability."

Misha707 July 11, 2016