User Reviews for Testosterone (Page 4)

Also known as: Andro LA 200, Andro-Cyp 100, Andro-Cyp 200, Androderm, AndroGel, Aveed, Axiron, Delatest, Delatestryl, Depandro 100, Depo-Testosterone, Depotest, Duratest, Durathate 200, Everone, FIRST-Testosterone, FIRST-Testosterone MC, Fortesta, Histerone, Meditest, Natesto, Striant, Testamone-100, Testim, Testo-100, Testoderm, Testolin, Testopel, Testopel Pellets, Testro, Testro AQ, Testro-LA, Virilon IM, Vogelxo …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Testosterone.

Klinefelter Syndrome

7.3

Gender Dysphoria

Summary of Testosterone reviews 8.5 408 reviews

Reviews for Testosterone

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Way too itchy, I can barely leave it on, I tried it for a week straight, and at the end of the week where I had the patches started to bubble up like a blister. Extremely painful for prolonged use."

RobinHood000006 December 10, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "After 3 months, I have seen no effects whatsoever, except for a slight increase in appetite. I have achieved no increase in weight loss despite strict diet and work-out regimes. No sexual desire increase. NO confidence or focus changes. Completely without benefit at this point in time."

JimmyOOOOOO November 20, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Was reluctant to use Testim after all the negative reviews. Worst part is trying to get all out of the tube. Bought a tube key and this helps. No smell, drys before I finish shaving and brushing my teeth. Energy level is up along with sex drive. Will see next month after blood test if need to up amount."

gravity003 October 25, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Testopel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I have age-related low T ( age 69). Turns back the clock to about 40 (mentally maybe 18. I see beautiful women everywhere.) Enables me to retain the active life I want for sports, sex and creative enthusiasm in my work. The procedure is briefly painful with an antibiotic shot on one side and anesthesia shot before the pellets. Some slight ache at the site for a few days and a small lump that owly disappears over 3-4 months. My very careful urologist repeats labs for T levels and PSA for safety and medical necessity before each repeat. Medicare covers only 6 pellets every 90 days. I pay $4-500 for an extra 4. Well worth it to me to get back the life I want."

GreenEyeLover October 25, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Testim (testosterone) for : "Insurance made me switch from Androgel to Testim. This stuff smells, requires the application of a huge quantity and takes something close to an hour to dry. Oh and that weird, sickly smell, doesn't come off in the shower. I have no idea how effective it is yet, but it's definitely the worst. I loathe the idea of putting this on everyday. It's making me miserable"

IhateUnitedHealthcare (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hypogonadism, Male: "PLEASE TRY Clomid first (it helps your body use and start the cycle by it self) injection should be the last route. also if you have low T make sure to do MRI (in my case the doctor was hesitant to do MRI, but we did and found a pituitary tumor), T just doesn't reduce something is wrong with the body , find out what, just don't take injections immediately. visit a endocrinologist."

Mohammad Siddiqui October 9, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hypogonadism, Male: "I rated it a 1 because I just picked up my prescription so I have not used this medicine yet. I was interested in seeing others comments before starting my regimen."

Jessy Hain (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Depo-Testosterone (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "You need to check your hormones with blood work to make sure they are all level. After using depo tesoesterone for a while.you will start feeling side effects you never got before. Also you might have to donate your blood testosterone will give you a high red blood cell count which it's not good. When you notice your test shots are not giving you the most like it used to you have high estrogen levels and prolactin levels too. you will need to take arimidex to bring it down. You will know when it's time the side effects are terrible. vitamin D is recommended while taking depo testerone it's a must."

Mike Asti (taken for 10 years or more) September 23, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "6 pumps put me at 800. Have not lost any weight, helps erections and stamina and I'm happy to have it since it is all my insurance would pay for. Did not respond to the compounded creme which is a bummer since it's so inexpensive. I am being referred to an endo for the pellets but would recommend Fortesta for anyone interested in a topical solution."

airtexaco (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "This product has been wonderful. My energy has been restored, I have normal sexual function and desire and really have had no adverse side affects at all. My underarms that were never very hairy are now very hairy and my formerly smooth abdomen and stomach are now hairy, but other than that I've not had any side effects. All positive effects!"

AnonymousSC September 3, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Natesto (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Decent. Switched from androgel so I don't have to wear a plastic bubble to touch my wife or hug kids. It's easier to use without drawing attention to myself. Gotta use three times a day, but i just use after each meal. Working well so far."

Unclekevin September 3, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Was good for me but not good enough. I switched to Nebido which is great. "

Anonymous August 16, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "The patches caused a severe rash leaving spots like I'd been branded. Diagnosed as Latex Intolerant."

Airborne101 August 11, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "This was easy to use and I experienced no side effects. I will say that it did little to nothing to bring up my levels which remain around 200. I am not sure that is the medicines fault, as I have been told that different people respond differently to various types of T replacement gels. After about 2 years of not being able to get levels up to normal range, I am headed to look at pellet implants as a last course of treatment."

Miami Man August 7, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Fortesta (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Asked my doctor for 3 years to blood test me for low T. Now its popular he finally did. It was 100. I've always been overweight, very hard for me to lose weight. Dr. Gave me fortesta. It did not work for me. It gave me large itchy rashes on my thighs. And raised T level only to 200. I went to my urologist and asked him for testosterone cyponate to inject. Now 1 1/2 years later my T level is 350 to 900 depending when injection and blood test . I've lost 100lbs, I'm horny like a rabbit now. And I never was that horny. All of my numbers are where they supposed to be with blood test every 3 months. So if guys are in a similar situation, injection is the way to go. Unfortunately your testicles will shrink."

Postalmike July 28, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hypogonadism, Male: "I have had great result completely. My body has never looked better my energy is never better. My feeling of well being is great. It's truly done the trick. I am handicapped take high pain MEDS opiate which deplete testosterone. My pituitary is non functional. I inject 2.5 ml/200 mg/ml and my levels are monitored closely and all is great. I see two different docs on this and all agree. HCG and Arimidex are also prescribed. Insurance pays for all! Love it big time."

Kenman1234 July 27, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Androderm (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "It doesn't work for me. I have been on 6mg a day for four months (one 4mg and one 2mg patches). My testosterone was slightly above 100 before the patches and today is 11. That's right 11."

31 male (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "First day using Testim. Insurance made me change from andrgel pump bottle. The smell in testim is so strong and noxious i had an allergic asthmatic reaction. I'm wheezy and have a massive headache from it. Why does anything medical need to be made with a scent? Lots of people have scent allergies."

Allergic to scents July 25, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hypogonadism, Male: "Liked Androgel okay but insurance stopped covering it. Fortesta just didn't absorb well for me. So, reluctantly, I went to injections. For me, this is the way to go! Insurance does not pay for it so I pay cash, but I end up paying less than I did for co-pays for the topical medicines. And the injections are not painful; took awhile to get used to doing it weekly but will continue all my life. Try injections!"

Anonymous July 21, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "after 2 weeks of 2 tubes per day, application my blood serum levels did not change one bit. my normal non medicated levels would range from 208ng/dl to 305. after 2 weeks of application of testim gel my blood results came back with 248ng/dl. The constant tack and odor of this product, plus its ineffectiveness makes me wonder why it is still on the market."

PabloW July 7, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Testim (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Testim never really got my level up. It was a pain to put on and took forever to dry. I was asked over and over by people what cologne I had on. It became awkward trying to think up something other than having to explain it was testosterone gel... After years of messing with this the doctor recently switched me to Aveed... Too early to determine if this works as hoped but so far it seems less hassle that a gel"

Andrew12345 June 29, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Just so you guys know its NOT total testosterone that you need to be worried about so much as its your FREE testosterone that really matters. You need to see if your free test is in normal range. You could have a total testosterone of 1200 but if your free test is lower than normal you'll feel like crap. Low energy low libito can't gain muscle etc. On other hand if you had a total testosterone say only 400 but your FREE testosterone is good normal range you'll feel great all around. Everyone posts about TOTAL Testosterone but its the FREE unbound testosterone you need to really worry about. Total testosterone is bound meaningless in the energy libito muscle department were as FREE testosterone takes care of the energy libido muscle departme"

jgunz June 26, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

AndroGel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Terrible. You feel a bump in energy and libido the first 1-2 weeks and then it drops. They up the dose and it happens again. I started at 230 test and went on this drug. It dropped to 198! It does not absorb. That is the problem. And when it does it supposedly becomes DHT which is like a female hormone. The only reason this drug sells is because people are deperate for help."

David37 June 25, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Testopel (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "I am a two time testicular cancer survivor. My body no longer produces testosterone. I am 30 years old and this will be for the rest of my life. I was on Andro gel for about 2 and a half years. The last I would say 8 months I felt like complete crap. Depression and always tired and lethargic. Didn't feel like doing anything. No motivation for anything. I just had my second round of testopel about a week and a half ago and I love it. The first time I got it I felt the difference within the first week. Same with this second go round. I have more energy. The only problem I have, is that on both times my incision site leaks and one pellet did fall out. Other than that I love this stuff."

Kendo1717 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Axiron (testosterone) for Hypogonadism, Male: "Wow, Had very low level. Doctor recommended Axiron, This has changed my sex drive for a 69 year old male. I notice the change with in a few weeks went to have sex two or three times a month to three to four times a week have more confidence. Take your time and give it a try."

Brian.. June 1, 2015