User Reviews for Perampanel

Epilepsy   5.0
Seizures   4.9

Reviews for Perampanel

Txgirl2562 February 27, 2021

Fycompa (perampanel) for Seizures: “In the 50 years I have had seizures, I have never taken a worse drug. I reported it to the FDA bad drug website. The side effects were so terrible they changed my entire personality. Mad me angry, impatient, and almost evil. My neurologist didn't want to take me off the medicine, it was an adjunct medicine, not my primary one, so I carefully reversed my dosage and changed back to the previous medication.”

Bcar · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 15, 2021

Fycompa (perampanel) for Seizures: “It’s one off the most HORRIBLE DRUGS OUT THERE!!!! DONT' DO IT!!! Absolutely fowl”

Connie October 21, 2020

Fycompa (perampanel) for Epilepsy: “Fycompa worked decently on the seizures however it destroyed my memory. I had no idea I was forgetting things, it was people around me who noticed and it was bad. Memory problems ceased when I stopped taking the Fycompa.”

Marino · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 22, 2020

Fycompa (perampanel) for Epilepsy: “So I’ve been on fycompa 4mg for maybe 2 years, and it’s done a wonderful job against my seizures. Until the past 2 months I’ve experienced 4 instances of deja vu auras, and a different type of aura I’ve never experienced. More of a hallucinating, double vision, lifting of the head feeling? Sort of like a roller coaster and you feel your eyebrows go up. Anyway, my girlfriend said I’ve experienced that before, after a grand mal seizure. So my doctor upped the fycompa to 6mg. First morning after taking it the night before, I felt intensely high. Very similar to the morphine I was given as a minor after surgery! Very sleepy feeling, and tingly body sensations that made me want to go limp. While my head just felt lifted in a sense. Slight dizziness and couldn’t focus on tasks. I know it’s getting used to the meds, but I don’t know if I’m comfortable taking a med that can make me feel high like that. Please let me know if you have experienced this before!”

SeCi · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2020

Fycompa (perampanel) for Epilepsy: “I have been on this Fycompa for a month, 4mg for LGS/ Rare Epilepsy. It has caused severe restlessness. I have called to see if I can be taken off it. Hopefully, I will get the call soon; and it will be possible.”

Bree April 7, 2020

Fycompa (perampanel) for Epilepsy: “My daughter is 30 years old and had her first seizure at 7 years old due to fever. She has been on multiple meds through the years and has never stopped them for long. Onfi stopped them but then came the side effects. We stopped that. Eight months ago she started having drop seizures. Very scary. Epileptomoligist put her on Fycompa 6 weeks now. And yep the effects started. Zombie acting, can't focus or remember, clumsy. The stomach issues and very aggressive and hostile. I can't take the chance of her getting worse and suicidal. Will try to lower until off. She only takes 1 pill low does. Prayers for everyone.”

SMB · Taken for 10 years or more March 20, 2020

Fycompa (perampanel) for Epilepsy: “I love Fycompa. 6mg qpm completely eradicated every type of seizure I have. I was able to get my drivers license back and not be afraid to be alone with my daughter when I wasn't "feeling well". Unfortunately, Fycompa is so expensive that my insurance doesn't want to pay for it anymore and is putting me through wringers trying to get it approved. A generic might be nice, but for now I have to deal with it.”

ELW March 20, 2020

Fycompa (perampanel) for Epilepsy: “Fycompa was the magic pill as I called it. When I first found out I had epilepsy I tried 5 different dosages and mixes of medication. My doctor said this was a newer pill. I have 8mg of Fycoma and 600mg of Lamictal and ever since then I haven’t had a seizure in 2 years.”

Evad · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 1, 2019

Fycompa (perampanel) for Seizures: “FYcoma is the best anti seizure medicine I have ever had,. I had a Grand Mal in 1969. I have been on countless ones over the years.”

Jay · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2019

Fycompa (perampanel) for Seizures: “My 72 yr old sister had 2 mg of fycompa added end of March. By August she cannot walk or stand. Ataxia. Side effect. It’s the inability to move! Stopped the drug. She also sleeps almost 24/7 now.”

Tavia · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2019

Fycompa (perampanel) for Epilepsy: “I took my first dose and had three seizures later that night in my sleep. My doctor didn't tell me that it could cause seizures, if he stated that there is no way I would have agreed to try it. My husband and I agreed that there's no way I'm taking that ever again. I've been taking Dilantin since I was 13 and will stick with it, there is no way my doctor will get me to try anything else new after this experience. That stuff is not for me.”

Michele · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 20, 2019

Fycompa (perampanel) for Seizures: “Fycoma has reduced the number of seizures significantly but find I'm having a lot of joint aches. My knuckles are miserable and tight. I tried to ensure that I wasn't clenching my fists but when I tried to make sure my hand was flat, I had aches that way as well. I also feel aches in my leg, back and hips over night. I'm up to 8 mg at night at I have noticed that it's gotten worse over time. But, again, the seizures have decreased but the aches are miserable.”

Mooch · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2018

“I have been taking 2mg Fycompa for Orthostatic Tremor at night for 11 days now . The results are nothing short of miraculous for me. I can stand and walk more or less normally. I have my life back. I have tried several other anti epileptic drugs without success in the past with terrible side effects. On Fycompa I have had no side effects beyond a slight headache on several days. I cannot believe what is happening. My muscles are still weak from years of activity and I am trying to incorporate walking now to build up some strength again. This news must get out as there has been no drug up until now that has treated Orthostatic Tremor successfully. It really is life changing for me.”

Ladybird · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 7, 2018

Fycompa (perampanel) for Seizures: “My daughter takes fycompa, keppra, tegretol, epilim, since being on fycompa her personality has changed and has frequent bowel motions, the seizures have improved but sometimes feel she would be better having more seizures and having her old personality back! Don’t like this drug!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 27, 2018

Fycompa (perampanel) for Epilepsy: “Have been on Fycompa for over two months. Has not stopped the seizures at all,even with increased dosage, and I have a constant HORRIBLE headache!!!!! I have a lot of trouble walking after taking it so take it at night. Will be asking my Neurologist to wean me off this one!”

KA · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 23, 2018

Fycompa (perampanel) for Seizures: “Fycompa caused my son to go into ketoacidosis with a 780 blood sugar. He was almost comatosed. He is not diabetic. Epileptologist Benbadis at Tampa General refused to believe it could be the Fycompa and refused to assist weaning. We weaned Fycompa without assistance and his blood sugar immediately regulated. He continues to not be diabetic. I do not recommend Fycompa. It is a Black box drug and big drug companies are masking the severity of the side effects.”

Jherb88 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2018

Fycompa (perampanel) for Seizures: “I started taking Fycompa a few months ago, and also take Briviact. I am taking 6 mg, which seems to be a relatively small dose. So far I don’t recognize any significant side effects that others have mentioned, but I have had a constant headache for days, and I think it’s probably because of Fycompa. My seizures have not been very well controlled this summer, but I like only taking one dose a day!”

Dede · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 13, 2018

Fycompa (perampanel): “I am taking 2 mg daily of Fycompa at night for Primary Orthostatic Tremor and have achieved complete control of my symptoms (tremors in the legs when standing still and tremor is the arms). I have had no adverse effects. I feel like a normal person again. I have gotten my life back again. I stopped taking Clonazepam during the day and also stopped taking Requip that was not helping much at all. I still take 0.5 mg of Clonazepam at night when I go to bed which helps to control my restless legs. This medication is like a miracle for me.”

Worriedmom July 13, 2018

Fycompa (perampanel) for Epilepsy: “My 20 yr old just got prescribed this to gradually increase over 4 weeks from 2mg to 8mg. She is currently taking 500mg of Zonisamide. Her old neurologist wanted to do this a year ago and she decided not too after reading so many reviews about horrible side effects. I am really frightened about her going on Fycompa but her seizures have really increased so feel like we should.”

Jud · Taken for less than 1 month July 5, 2018

Fycompa (perampanel) for Epilepsy: “Taking vimpat and breviact they put me on 4 mg been on about 4 wks now three days ago got up to go to the bathroom I fell on my face whole left side swollen my eye swollen shut after taking it within a half an hour I can't talk I can't walk my family says I sound like I'm drunk can't put any words together sleep late. Since I have falling down also still seizures 4 one day and 4 next so will not take this medication anymore. I am getting ready for brain surgery I chose to stop myself. Worst medication I have ever been on and I'm terrified of it, terrified. I will get up go to the bathroom fall and lights out I did choose to stop this medication myself as I said it's been approximately 3/4 weeks today I did have a bit of a breakdown I cried a lot but I think it's just because I'm so frustrated from falling the meds all the tests and getting ready for surgery I'm very happy I stopped it”

Lynn June 27, 2018

Fycompa (perampanel) for Seizures: “Took fycompa only for a month, just stopped taking it. I hate it, I take it at night before bed. Yet during the day I feel like complete garbage the whole day! Dizzy and feeling totally off felt so bad while taking it that I kept thinking a seizure is coming on but didn't. Haven't had a seizure while on it but I definitely am not continuing to take it and would not recommend it.”

Cain · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 23, 2018

Fycompa (perampanel) for Epilepsy: “My husband has been taking this Gabapentin and Vimpat for a long time, yet still having seizures regularly. His doctor added Fycompa a little over a month ago for his temporal lobe seizures. Although Fycompa is definitely helping with his seizures, his personality and mental state has changed so much. He's very irritable and angry about everything and everyone. He's considered ending his life because he hates the person he's become. Yet, he didn't want to stop taking it because his seizures had diminished dramatically. Our daughter begged him tonight to stop taking it because she is so worried about him, as am I. That's what finally got his attention. He has decided to stop the Fycompa. We're hoping things get better very soon.”

Beeswapp · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 22, 2018

Fycompa (perampanel) for Epilepsy: “Female 27yo. Fycompa is the only medication that controls my epilepsy. However I’ve had the most terrible stomach problems from fycompa 8mg once a day. I can’t go a day without tums, omeprazole and famotidine. Doctors went ahead and gave me ondansetron as well. I’m pretty sure this medication has screwed up my stomach. Be forewarned that although it works.... it’s terrible on your stomach. Pros: controls epilepsy Cons: moody, sour stomach, throwing up, dizzy, nauseous, sweaty, weight gain, heartburn, lack of coordination (I walk like I’m drunk sometimes), can’t stop this med randomly as it causes worse seizures afterward, waking up at 5-6am from nausea.”

CT · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 8, 2018

Fycompa (perampanel) for Epilepsy: “This was by far the worst drug that I've taken in my entire life. I thought Keppra was bad bc of the mood swings, but this drug was terrible for me. It made me a salty, unhappy person and that's unhealthy for you and others as well.”

Caroline3 · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 19, 2018

Fycompa (perampanel) for Epilepsy: “I have spent about 1yr on this medication. No medication has ever worked for me before, so this was a first. I have Juvenile myoclonic epilepsy (JME). Anyway my biggest issues are: vertigo, nausea after every meal and nap, upset stomach, heart burn, drunk talking, unable to form words, unable to concentrate.... sleep a lot. I first also gained 30lbs but now I’m heading the other direction because I can barely tolerate food with my stomach. My doctor won’t listen to me and says that there’s no more selection. I hate this medication! I want my life back!”