User Reviews for Protonix (Page 2)

Learn more about Protonix.

Barrett's Esophagus 3 reviews 13 medications

Erosive Esophagitis 3 reviews 109 medications

7.5
Summary of Protonix reviews 47 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Protonix

"I have been taking Protonix for over 5 years. It is the only choice for me since I have tried many alternatives with horrible results (Dexilant, Aciphex). Protonix is the BEST."

speck10 May 19, 2011

For Stomach Ulcer "After a couple of days using Protonix, I felt relief in my stomach of the full feeling I would get whenever I ate. I used to feel very bloated and uncomfortable after I ate a meal, I wasn't overeating either. I had to watch what I ate too, such as spices, onions, etc. Most of those symptoms have gone away."

Anonymous May 18, 2011

For Peptic Ulcer "Esophageal ulcer: Had problems off and on with horrible heartburn throughout my teens years until I ended up with an ulcer due to undiagnosed acid reflux and other problems. Was prescribed Protonix and it was the only thing that worked. Since then I have been able to use Tagamet (cimetidine) for every day use, along with watching what I eat, but the Protonix is awesome."

Anonymous February 19, 2011

For GERD "This medication worked for me, reducing the stomach acid significantly. It is worth a try for anyone suffering from GERD."

sieeko32 February 1, 2011

For GERD "Protonix totally eliminates my throat pain, hoarseness, reflux, etc. After 6 years my insurance decided not to cover it so for the last few months, I've been on several other medicines and they just don't work. My doctor is trying to convince them I need the Protonix. Wish me luck."

throatsonfire August 9, 2010

For Barrett's Esophagus "I was on Prilosec for about 9 years for acid reflux. For me it was a miracle drug that gave me relief for acid reflux. My dosage was continually increased till I was taking 4 20mg pills a day (probably a problem with my acid reflux increasing). After having more problems, I had an endoscopy which showed I had Barrett's Esophagus. I was prescribed Protonix (2 x 40mg pills/day). So far Protonix has worked great. For me it works better than the Prilosec did."

jburk July 19, 2010

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For GERD "I was recently diagnosed with GERD. Of course this was after a trip to the hospital thinking I was having heart problems. The Doc put me on Protonix and after about 1 week it's as if my life was back to normal. Unfortunately, my insurance doesn't cover it any more so I gave it a "9" instead of a "10" rating for this alone. With many generic others costing only $5 for 60 days. Anyway, I suggest that if you do try it, give it a few days to work."

Narg February 10, 2010

For GERD "My gall bladder was acting up and the pain was terrible. I took a Protonix as soon as I got out of the doctors office (with a sandwich and doctor pepper) about 15 seconds later I was burping like CRAZY. Viola!! The pain subsided considerably in less than 3 minutes. AN hour later it was like I never even had the pain! I felt MUCH, MUCH better."

rickwassick February 2, 2010

For GERD "Worked great for GERD. After a while of being on it, it doesn't seem to work that well. I am on 40 mg's/day and now have a stomach ulcer? "

shamrock2228 December 13, 2009

For GERD "I've tried everything nothing worked. I had both an ulcer and acid reflux. Protonix worked the day I got it. One of the pharmacies tried to use generic and I had all the symptoms all over again. Doctor found out about the generic brand, fixed the problem with the real Protonix. Problem solved. Protonics is the answer for me."

mr T. November 17, 2009

For GERD "I've had years of GERD without any food triggers and daily heartburn. Protonix was a dream! It is, however, very expensive. My insurance had it on its drug list and dropped it this year. A 30 day supply is $120! I've had to switch to Nexium."

Anonymous September 28, 2009

For GERD "I took this drug at bedtime for GERD. Sick to my stomach all night long. Stopped taking it for one night and wasn't sick at all."

jimsjinx May 9, 2009

For GERD "I had the worst side effects with Protonix. I took it for 15 days and experienced increased anxiety and heart palpitations. I also had dizziness, nausea and insomnia. Going off of it took 6 days to feel somewhat normal."

Anonymous April 15, 2009

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For GERD "I tried EVERY over the counter gastric acid reliever on the planet and nothing worked. Then I got my doctor to prescribe Protonix and never had any problems after that. I was very pleased."

GERALDSIR March 28, 2009

"I rate it a 10. This is the ONLY drug that helps my gastrointestinal problems. I have only been prescribed it twice in several years but, when it was prescribed, the drug took away the pain in the chest and it did not come back. It is great."

Anonymous March 22, 2009

For GERD "I love protonix. Only wish it was more affordable. My insurance company will only cover the generic form--which is NOT the same. I found the name of the manufacturer but again the insurance company won't cover it. The three months I was on the generic all my symptons returned. Back on the protonix for two weeks and everything was gone!"

MacMommy March 7, 2009

For Stomach Ulcer "Using this medication reduced the bloated feeling I had. It also reduced my appetite, caused by the air pockets, before I was using this drug. Great medicine, with no side effects that I am aware of."

Cdicrisci December 9, 2008

For GERD "I loved this drug--until my insurance company said it was the 'same' as another less expensive drug. I've been miserable ever since. The acid reflux is returning, I am bloated and bowels are always a surprise. My surgeon is thinking a second surgery might be needed - if only I could afford the Protonix it could be avoided."

MaryMac October 29, 2008

For GERD "Tried everything, been on Protonix for 5 years. I can now eat anything as spicy and as hot as I like, and do not have acid reflux."

lisa45169 October 27, 2008

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For GERD "Having suffered severe gastro-esophoseal reflux disease for many years, I have tried many remedies. Protonix gave me much needed relief. Later, we also added 10 mg of Reglan at bedtime, followed by 1 oz of Gavison an hour later for extra protection. It's been 2 years since I had a severe attack and the overall reflux/acid has disappeared."

Anonymous September 17, 2008

For GERD "I have a Lap Band. Before I had the band I had no problem with heartburn, then after I got a couple adjustments, I had acid reflux and heartburn so bad I was eating like 20 Tums a day. Zantac no longer works, or anything for that matter, so I went to my doctor and he gave me samples of Protonix. Within minutes my heartburn was gone. I have slept through the night without vomiting my own stomach acid. Highly recommend this drug. If you have a Lap band then you know how horrible it can be."

Tester July 2, 2008

For GERD "After two years of SEVERE PAIN in my stomach and esophagus, I finally decided to go to the doctor and get help. I thought all the pain was coming from an ulcer and after two years of pain, I found out that I did not have an ulcer (yet). The doctor prescribed me Protonix. In less than two days, all the pain and acids in my stomach stopped! I finally don't have acid reflux."

Tstorm April 16, 2008

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Stomach Ulcer "I was taking an acid reducer called Ranitidine quite often over a 3 year period. Doctor prescribed 40mg Protonix for 28 days and my stomach felt so much better. Now going without the medication for 10 days, it feels as if my stomach is not doing so well. Doctor advised that I take 20 mg when needed. Bottom line - it worked for me."

lllkkkjjj April 9, 2008

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Erosive Esophagitis "Started off with the "Purple Pill" effective but very expensive. Physician switched me to "Pantoprazole" (Protonix) - just as effective, a fraction of the price. My diet slipped back to pre-med carelessness (spicy food, garlic, onions, curries &c and STILL no problems. I did go back to sensible eating at the urging of my daughter!"

Releived March 31, 2008

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate