User Reviews for Nabumetone

Also known as: Relafen

Learn more about Nabumetone.

Muscle Pain 7 reviews 348 medications

Rheumatoid Arthritis 8 reviews 346 medications

4.8
Summary of Nabumetone reviews 55 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Nabumetone

For Frozen Shoulder: "The only side effect I have experienced with this medication is it hasn't relieved my shoulder pain at all."

remuda3 August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Relafen (nabumetone) for Back Pain: "Had L5 S1 Diskectomy 3 months ago/worst Sciatica pain imaginable, could barely stand or walk. MD stopped opioids pain meds and we are trying different types of pain management. Allergic reaction to Lyrica and Meloxicam didn't do a darn thing. Relafen didn't work at first but now? It's a life saver. I do also take protonix due to terrible upset stomach issues from taking Ibuprofin for many months. It's a life changer for me! I am only 43 and feel very thankful to have this med!"

AHL (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain: "I had a muscle tear in my back and was prescribed this. It worked very well and helped me relax and heal better. I did not have any side effects, but I was not on it for very long."

wilkins89 (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Sciatica: "I'm on Nabumetome 750mg BID and I get absolutely no relief!"

nothing but pain (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "Nabumetone helping my left knee but gave me pain in both feet when I walk and I got a rash on my right arm from it after I started taking it...."

Mr blue2015 (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Cause me to have severe joint pain."

Cake-lady April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain: "Took them for 3 days never helped dont no why they gave me a useless prescription"

Madclown (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain: "Actually seemed to make my spasmed muscle in the shoulder blade area worse. It got better almost immediately after I stopped. I know this makes no sense. Tried it again after a couple of weeks with a flair up and it immediately got worse again. I don't understand why, but definitely didn't work for me plus during the second use I developed a rash. Not for me, too bad"

Rebecca Oakland November 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Pain: "I started taking this medication about 2 months ago for severe neck pain. I could barely turn my neck and I dealt with constant pain. I had been on medications in the past, had radio frequency ambulation, and injections. This present medication has made me a new woman. I am able to go about my daily routines, without pain. I highly suggest this medication if nothing in the past has worked."

Jannie54 October 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Relafen (nabumetone) for Osteoarthritis: "I love relafen aka nabumetone. I have OA, chronic low back pain, and chronic pain syndrome. It works best of all prescription nsaids I have tried. And believe me, I have tried a lot. I've become allergic to some, some just plain don't work, or cease working over time. I have been taking nabumetone for over 3 yrs now, no need to increase dose, no side effects. I absolutely swear by it. It's very rare that I even need to take anything for break thru pain."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain: "I have tried this drug once, it did help out my back pain greatly, but it has me the worst nausea ever. After about an hour or relaxation, all went to hell and I thought I was going to throw up right there and then. I didn't thankfully but I had those feelings off and on for another 2 hours and after that the drug had worn off. I don't think the hour of relaxation was worth the horrible nasuea."

Tyler3842 July 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain: "I been on this medication for bout à week now and I don't see a difference as yet. Although this medication does upset my stomach, bloats me and gives me gas very bad which I hate. Im trying to give it some time before I complain to my specialist about it because it's starting to be irritating."

Willexia July 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Relafen (nabumetone) for Back Pain: "it works great for menstrual cramp and pain"

hadico May 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "i took two last week and my stomach hurts now with a throbbing headache i don't like the side effects my whole body was in pain. i stopped taking it."

ljkuso (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Muscle Pain: "My doctor prescribed relafen so far 3 pills and 6 hours im in severe pain"

dale2 April 19, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I was prescribed to help treat arthritis in my right big toe. This was after having had mild dizziness side effects from Voltaren (Diclofenac). Unfortunately didn't work for me. It did nothing where at least the Voltaren (Diclofenac) relieved the swelling in the joint and allowed me to actually walk without my foot hurting."

RobTheBob March 26, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain: "I've had lower back problems on and off since mid 20's. When the discs get inflamed nothing has ever really helped - ibuprofen, hydrocodone, and many others. This is the first medicine that has noticeably helped the back pain and allowed me to exercise and strengthen my back without worrying it will give out again due to stiffening up."

For Backpain (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Back Pain: "I've had back pain on and off for years. I'm a nurse and I am always hurting my back at work. When an urgent care Dr. prescribed nabumatone for my back, it worked better than any narcotics I've ever tried. It was amazing!"

jgracemor September 3, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Relafen (nabumetone) for Muscle Pain: "This medicine has worked when nothing else has. My doctor was concerned that this would harm my stomach over time but I've been taking it for 2 years without issue. I recently tried Lyrica instead and have hurt all over. I just went back to Nabumetone and I feel good again. Since I take 1/2 of the normal dose, I'm hoping I can continue to take this medicine. It is the only thing that works so far."

I take 500 mg Nabuetome at bedtime (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 13, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Relafen (nabumetone) for Back Pain: "I suffer from annular tear along with unbearable pain . Relafen relieves the break through pain. Relafen works really well."

Anonymous July 21, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Relafen (nabumetone) for Back Pain: "Relafen was prescribed by my spine Doctor for cervical/upper back cramping and upper extremity radiculopathy. It did not relieve my pain at all. Just started Skelaxin (2 doses in) and the pain is so much better."

anonymous999y April 16, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I'm 66. Started Nabumetone about 4 years ago. Orginally prescribed a Cox-2 inhibitor, have high Blood pressure, the cox-2 experience was VERY BAD. Then tried Nabumetone 750mg, was prescribed 2 daily. Was acceptable to my Blood Pressure. After reviewing side effects decided to take 1 daily except when pain level is real bad, then take 2 for several days then go back to 1 daily. I'm pleased with Nabumetone and my self-medication technique. "

Rheumatoid Arthritis 62 March 17, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Relafen (nabumetone) for Back Pain: "I was put on Relafen when I had an epidural for back pain and arthritis, also 2 back surgeries. I found a specialist when I start having pain in my lower back and sharp pain in my leg. My doctor put me on Relafen taking 2 pills a day. My symptoms were well managed by this medicine. I had no side effects and I was able to function quiet well. I think this medicine is a very good one for the type of pain I have for my back and pain down my thigh. I really recommend this to anyone with back or leg pain or arthritis in the back. It really works."

Weej January 30, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I am a 53 yr old male, who worked in the timber industry for 35yrs now. I had 6 knee surgeries to a single injury in 1986. On 7/16/2012 I had my Right Knee replaced with a Stryker Triathlon Knee Replacement. I am working on getting my strength back. I was put on Diclofenac at 75mg 2 times a day, which sent me to the rest room 20 times a day. My Surgeon changed me to Nabumetone along pain medication almost like Lyrica (insurance would not pay for Lyrica. Since I have regained strength and am progressing faster than if I was on an OTC pain medicine. 6 weeks post op and walking pretty well and mostly pain free."

stack600 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Relafen (nabumetone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Like Celebrex and Vioxx, this caused blood pressure spurts, along with dizziness, weakness, and other side effects. Too dangerous for me to take because of how high it would send my blood pressure within an hour or so of taking it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2012