User Reviews for Nabumetone

5.7

Rheumatoid Arthritis

Summary of Nabumetone reviews 6.1 64 reviews

Reviews for Nabumetone

For Back Pain: "I have terrible lumbar stenosis and arthritis. I could hardly move and this medication started working a couple hours after taking it. Once I took a couple doses the pain was almost gone. No side effects for me."

Cardiogirl (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2018

For Back Pain: "I was prescribed Nabumetone 500 mg tablets 4 days ago for back pain and it has not helped at all."

Hurting (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I use Nanumetone 500 mg along with Imitrex 100 mg for my migraine headaches. For a moderate headache this combination really seems to work. I’m still trying to find something that will work on the severe headaches though."

Cindy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2018

Relafen (nabumetone) for Back Pain: "When I saw the over all rating of 7.1, I thought, out of 100? I don't know what type of pain is being experienced by the people who have had success with Relafen. But it is apparently not like mine. I have noticed NO relief whatsoever! I'm taking 500mg bid. Why not just take 800mg of ibuprofen?"

Thom the painter (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "This medicine was like a miracle pill for my knee and ankle pain from inflammatory arthritis. Both my legs were in agony from inflammation I could barely walk. I took one dose of this and the next day I could walk without pain! My pain level went down from an 8 down to a 2! It was such a relief to be able to function again."

Luna April 7, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Very bad knees. Only been taking it for 2 weeks. Not much help so far. I do have very bad headaches in morning. May be a side affect. But I will keep trying it for a while. I really want it to work for me also very expensive but it will be worth it if it works. I have had extensive back surgery. My back is not in pain just my knees. It may have helped my back a bit."

Jan (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2018

For Muscle Pain: "I injured my shoulder, neck, back, and arm. It has worked to rid me of the pain in the shoulder, neck, and back. Not the arm. The arm injury is the ligament, as opposed to the muscle. I am taking 750mg twice a day. Take this drug with food or you will be miserable for an hour or two. (Nausea) Before I continue, I am no medical professional and only state my own opinion based on my experience. My opinion is that it is good for use as an anti inflammatory. Not for pain relief. My muscle pain is partially caused by inflammation so it works well. My torn ligament in the arm is not due to inflammation so this drug does nothing."

Some random guy January 5, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I have Scoliosis/Fused Back/Sciatica .This medication works wonders for me. It makes the difference between functioning and not. Without the medication, I can barely walk and with the medication I can go to work and live my daily life. I’m not pain free but it makes it bearable especially since it has a long half life symptoms are controlled. This medication doesn’t work for everyone. If you don’t get relief within a week or so, I’d move on to another medication."

C B (taken for 10 years or more) December 16, 2017

For Back Pain: "Degenerated Disc in neck was replaced with a pig bone substitute about 15 years ago. Waited too long to have surgery so I have some spinal cord nerve damage which periodically gives me a sharp pain (count of 10-11 range on a 1-10 scale) over my left eye. Severe enough to make me stop whatever I'm doing including get off the highway if I'm driving. Take one pill and 10-15 minutes later it's gone! I usually take a second pill 10-12 hours later. I some times take one if I've abused my neck more than normal also. No side effects and it works every time!"

NightScannner November 11, 2017

For Back Pain: "Worthless! May as well take a dose of sugar. Took low dose lortab for years off and on for back pain, but the political pressure on doctors is too much for them to bear. The CDC tells them what to prescribe now. Criminals!!!"

Dougnwv October 17, 2017

For Frozen Shoulder: "The only side effect I have experienced with this medication is it hasn't relieved my shoulder pain at all."

remuda3 August 3, 2017

Relafen (nabumetone) for Back Pain: "Had L5 S1 Diskectomy 3 months ago/worst Sciatica pain imaginable, could barely stand or walk. MD stopped opioids pain meds and we are trying different types of pain management. Allergic reaction to Lyrica and Meloxicam didn't do a darn thing. Relafen didn't work at first but now? It's a life saver. I do also take protonix due to terrible upset stomach issues from taking Ibuprofin for many months. It's a life changer for me! I am only 43 and feel very thankful to have this med!"

AHL (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2017

For Back Pain: "I had a muscle tear in my back and was prescribed this. It worked very well and helped me relax and heal better. I did not have any side effects, but I was not on it for very long."

wilkins89 (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2017

For Sciatica: "I'm on Nabumetome 750mg BID and I get absolutely no relief!"

nothing but pain (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: "Nabumetone helping my left knee but gave me pain in both feet when I walk and I got a rash on my right arm from it after I started taking it...."

Mr blue2015 (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2017

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Cause me to have severe joint pain."

Cake-lady April 27, 2017

For Back Pain: "Took them for 3 days never helped dont no why they gave me a useless prescription"

Madclown (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2016

For Back Pain: "Actually seemed to make my spasmed muscle in the shoulder blade area worse. It got better almost immediately after I stopped. I know this makes no sense. Tried it again after a couple of weeks with a flair up and it immediately got worse again. I don't understand why, but definitely didn't work for me plus during the second use I developed a rash. Not for me, too bad"

Rebecca Oakland November 30, 2016

For Muscle Pain: "I started taking this medication about 2 months ago for severe neck pain. I could barely turn my neck and I dealt with constant pain. I had been on medications in the past, had radio frequency ambulation, and injections. This present medication has made me a new woman. I am able to go about my daily routines, without pain. I highly suggest this medication if nothing in the past has worked."

Jannie54 October 5, 2016

Relafen (nabumetone) for Osteoarthritis: "I love relafen aka nabumetone. I have OA, chronic low back pain, and chronic pain syndrome. It works best of all prescription nsaids I have tried. And believe me, I have tried a lot. I've become allergic to some, some just plain don't work, or cease working over time. I have been taking nabumetone for over 3 yrs now, no need to increase dose, no side effects. I absolutely swear by it. It's very rare that I even need to take anything for break thru pain."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 26, 2016

For Back Pain: "I have tried this drug once, it did help out my back pain greatly, but it has me the worst nausea ever. After about an hour or relaxation, all went to hell and I thought I was going to throw up right there and then. I didn't thankfully but I had those feelings off and on for another 2 hours and after that the drug had worn off. I don't think the hour of relaxation was worth the horrible nasuea."

Tyler3842 July 5, 2016

For Back Pain: "I been on this medication for bout à week now and I don't see a difference as yet. Although this medication does upset my stomach, bloats me and gives me gas very bad which I hate. Im trying to give it some time before I complain to my specialist about it because it's starting to be irritating."

Willexia July 3, 2016

Relafen (nabumetone) for Back Pain: "it works great for menstrual cramp and pain"

hadico May 21, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "i took two last week and my stomach hurts now with a throbbing headache i don't like the side effects my whole body was in pain. i stopped taking it."

ljkuso (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2016

For Muscle Pain: "My doctor prescribed relafen so far 3 pills and 6 hours im in severe pain"

dale2 April 19, 2015