User Reviews for Nabumetone to treat Muscle Pain

Also known as: Relafen DS

Nabumetone has an average rating of 6.0 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Muscle Pain. 55% of those users who reviewed Nabumetone reported a positive effect, while 36% reported a negative effect.

Nabumetone Rating Summary

6.0/10 average rating

Compare all 162 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Pain.

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 4, 2020

“Strained a muscle in my hip that after 2 days started spasming. Nabumeton was ineffective at any dosage. Would not use or recommend.”

Antine · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 17, 2020

“I've been taking Nabumetone 500mg 2 x day for at least 3 weeks for Bursitis in my shoulder and neck. This medication never eased my pain. I was also taking a muscle relaxer with it, nothing.”

GungaDin · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2020

“Since my radiation treatments I have developed bad muscle aches and attacks making me feel as if my body was leaving me. Nabumetone has done a good job of reducing the pain and attacks, but I am careful to take it with food and 40 mg of Omeprazole”

I take 500 mg Nabuetome at bedtime · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 13, 2013

Relafen (nabumetone): “This medicine has worked when nothing else has. My doctor was concerned that this would harm my stomach over time but I've been taking it for 2 years without issue. I recently tried Lyrica instead and have hurt all over. I just went back to Nabumetone and I feel good again. Since I take 1/2 of the normal dose, I'm hoping I can continue to take this medicine. It is the only thing that works so far.”

Jannie54 October 5, 2016

“I started taking this medication about 2 months ago for severe neck pain. I could barely turn my neck and I dealt with constant pain. I had been on medications in the past, had radio frequency ambulation, and injections. This present medication has made me a new woman. I am able to go about my daily routines, without pain. I highly suggest this medication if nothing in the past has worked.”

ART J April 27, 2011

Relafen (nabumetone): “I had a severe inflamed left arm. Many medicines did not work. I then took Relafen, one tablet one hour before bedtime with food and then at bedtime I took another. The next morning the inflammation, which was in my whole arm, was gone and I was able to pinpoint the area of the inflammation with pinpoint accuracy. I was operated at that spot. A few years later I had a severe inflammation in my right foot. It would not go away so I then took the same dose that night. The next morning the inflammation was gone. ”

Ash · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 14, 2019

“My hypermobility disorder (Ehler Danlos Hypermobility Disorder) causes my joints to be constantly inflamed, as well as my back and other painkillers/anti inflammatory drugs have never helped. My Nabumetome has helped a lot with the pain in my knees and back especially, as well as my chronic migraines. I just want to note that this stuff takes a while to really kick in if you use it for chronic pains, so keep taking it regularly for at least a month before judging it.”

Anonymous May 19, 2011

Relafen (nabumetone): “I was given this medication after I injured both feet in sparring in my Thai boxing class. After two weeks of slow healing a second doctor gave me this and it sped up healing. Upon returning to class and new injuries it works well.”

Some random guy January 5, 2018

“I injured my shoulder, neck, back, and arm. It has worked to rid me of the pain in the shoulder, neck, and back. Not the arm. The arm injury is the ligament, as opposed to the muscle. I am taking 750mg twice a day. Take this drug with food or you will be miserable for an hour or two. (Nausea) Before I continue, I am no medical professional and only state my own opinion based on my experience. My opinion is that it is good for use as an anti inflammatory. Not for pain relief. My muscle pain is partially caused by inflammation so it works well. My torn ligament in the arm is not due to inflammation so this drug does nothing.”

LM. September 27, 2011

Relafen (nabumetone): “Did absolutely nothing for my back-muscle pain. ”

dale2 April 19, 2015

“My doctor prescribed relafen so far 3 pills and 6 hours im in severe pain”

Anonymous November 19, 2009

Relafen (nabumetone): “750mg twice daily, had no effect on headaches. ”