User Reviews for Morphine

Also known as: Astramorph PF, Avinza, Doloral, Doloral Sirop, Duramorph, Duramorph PF, Infumorph, Kadian, M O S, M-Eslon, MorphaBond, Morphine LP Epidural, Morphine Rapi-Ject, Morphine Sulfate ER, Morphine Sulfate IR, ...show all 28 brand names

Learn more about Morphine.

Pain 156 reviews 1092 medications

Chronic Pain 94 reviews 111 medications

7.6
Summary of Morphine reviews 250 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Morphine

For Chronic Pain: "My experience with MS ER 15 mg is it didn't help at all the MS IR 15 mg worked better. Now Does anyone know the differences between MS ER and MS SR? I think they gave me the wrong script. I always take 30 mg of MS ER and today was given MS SR."

Munchie215 September 24, 2016

For Pain: "This medication to me, doesn't make you too loopy, however it does numb your body which is what it is supposed to do. I prefer dilaudid over this medicine, however it does work."

Foxtrotz (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 24, 2016

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I have been a long term sufferer of chronic pain from Fibromyalgia, DDD, Scoliosis, Sciatica, Arthritis, Migraines and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since 1992.,. After starting out with the over the counter meds, then moving to prescription Motrin, Day trip, Rendering, and numerous anti depressants, my doctor began prescribing Vicodin 5/500. At first they worked, but after 3months, nothing! So I went back to my doctor and told him. He then proceeded to put me on 7.5/750, again they worked for me no longer after 3 months. To make a long story short, I am now and have been on MS Contin, 60mg x two times a day and 100mg at bedtime. For my break-thru pain I am on Oxycodone 30mg x two. I'm here to say that I have a life once again!"

Ekkostar (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 8, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "By 17 I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Now I have arthritis everywhere, have had a vertebral fusion, (Registered Nurse for 10 years, and I took care of Gastric Bypass patients for 2 of that, ICU for 5), both knees need replacing, and now I am having more back problems again. I attempted suicide 3 times because of the pain. I finally came to my doctor and asked to prescribe and sign a contract. Since then I have had a disc fusion, found how helpful swimming can be (swim daily now), and I can function so much better! I still have pain (30mgER 3xdaily and 15mg Q4hr as needed. Usually only 1x/day.) I am so much more active. The only drawback is occasionally I have difficulty urinating. So thankful for this med."

SueWalker36 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 8, 2016

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "It is unbelieveable. I have hurt so badly and for so long., Finally I got a caring Doctor that actually listened to me. He spent about 45 minutes talking to me. I have had a spinal fusion and both hips replaced. The discs above and below the fusion are going bad I found a doctor that prescribed the MS and I am almost pain free. I am afraid to take a deep breath. It has been so long since I could do the most ordinary things like push the grocery cart and walk up an incline. I think this drug is wonderful. I haven't had the up and down ride you get with hydrocodone,"

Tannen June 3, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "4 years ago I was in a bicycle accident and broke my left shoulder. About 6 months later I started seeing an orthopedic surgeon and going to a pain clinic. I have been taking 180mg of morphine IR for 3 1/2 years with great success. I have had two shoulder replacement. The first one failed because the damage around the joint was so severe. The 2nd one gave me about 75% of the usage back which is amazing. However, I am still in excruciating pain without pain medication. The morphine I've been taking is a godsend. I'm still focused and alert and able to do most of the everyday things I need to do. I also have an exceptionally helpful and loving husband who help with physical therapy and anything else I need help with. Works for me!"

Chell552 May 5, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "I have had chronic back/abdominal pain for over 8 years. And I go to pain management. The morphine XR has given me back my life again. But the morphine definitely helps with my moderate pain. Unfortunately, now with the possible overdose death of Prince, the government will again tighten up restrictions on legally obtaining pain meds. I'm in NY, and we have some of the strictest controlled substance laws in the country. These were put in place after several high-profile celebrities who obtained these meds illegally, overdosed. It's not fair that the public has to pay the price for the rich and famous' mistakes. Celebrities will always find a way to "get around the laws", while the rest of us pay the price."

RisingPhx (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 30, 2016

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I take it for chronic back & foot pain. I had been taking OxyContin ER, but insurance isn't covering that anymore. I am not a fan of short-acting meds, trying to stay on top of pain with them. MS Contin seems to be working only slightly less effectively as the OxyContin ER. More dry mouth, less sedating tho. Both seem about equal on other side effects. I'm happy with it!"

Yendo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "I've been on MS Contin for about 18 years for mult.chronic pain conditions .I take it responsibly and I consider it a huge responsibility to protect my health and my doctor's licenses. I had an odd side effect w/in 24 hrs of 1st dose. it gave me energy! I have also taken the immediate release .I don't find MSIR helpful(15 mg). also someone commented about a Avenza(sp?) ,the 24 hour rx..I was given rx several years ago (1 rx, one mo.cost approx.$1,200 ! I didn't find it useful.Since'91been on patches ,other narcotics etc.. but MSContin has been miracle rx giving me some quality of life..Grateful for any relief.God bless all who deal wuth thos pain issue "

G-Mom Fern (taken for 10 years or more) April 10, 2016

M-Eslon (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "How long does it take to get use to them, I use to take 12mg hydromorphone now in on 60mg of M-elson. But it seems to hit me faster then hydro. Will the fidgeting go away."

Just a friend (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2016

Avinza (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "BRING BACK AVINZA! I've had a C1-C2 Chronic Pain for 36 years now. The closest I have come to how things were before some illegal drunk in an 18-wheeler truck was allowed to kill two friends, change another friend's life, & ruin my life, has been AVINZA. It's been a year & my life again turned upside down, as I have yet to find another Morphine that compares to AVINZA. Of course I am refused to try MS- Contin, or Oxy-contin, even though I've taken Narcotics responsibly now for almost 25 years. Just bring back AVINZA, as I know there has to be other people like me, though I fear from experience- that we who suffer from Chronic Pain, are looked at as irrelevant, and why AVINZA was taken away from us!"

Wolfwolveswolf (taken for 10 years or more) March 23, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "I fell in 2014 been on morphine for a year in a half I broke one leg and shattered my ankle in 3 places have rods in both legs and screw and bolts I'm on 15 mg 2xday and dilute with it I went from 4xday to 2xday wanted to come off of it but wanted to up the morphine but pain dr wanted to leave it the same but anyway the pain is so bad sometimes I can't do nothing but cry"

Pumpkinseed March 22, 2016

Morphine Sulfate IR (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I was in a severe car accident and broke both hips, both shoulders, 6 cervical and 5 lumber and 1 thoracic vertebrae. I had to increase pain relievers, but the Tylenol with Codeine causes my liver enzymes to increase. So, I combine the morphine 15mg with Fentanyl patches (was at 75, dropped to 25, but back up to 50), for immediate relief. This allows me to be able to get out of bed and do activities and I'm in bed until it kicks in. I'm also on Gabapentin 800mg 3x daily and Soma. I have flu like symptoms when I miss my dose, so having to time my medical appointments to always be exactly on a day when I'm going to run out is an ongoing problem. Also, being on morphine means that I have to have dilaudid after surgeries."

Spike89 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 25, 2016

Morphine Sulfate ER (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I was on 40mg of Methadone four times a day for 5 years and it worked fairly well to control my pain. I have have back surgery at L5/S1 and have disc degenerative disease. Due to a change in insurance I have had to change to a different med. Now I am on 90mg of Morphine Sulphate ER. This does not seem to be helping close to what the Methadone was. I need help to find a medication that will help. Both my pain specialist and I thought this would do the trick but even with steroid injections I am still in massive pain."

Copierguy1961 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "As the Morphine was effective the more lasting effective was unexpected. I lost 12 teeth. A side affect? I don't have any other explanation. The health of my teeth was great before the 18 months of morphine. I was finally referred to a back pain specialist. I was to get off all medications to receive the injections. Cold turkey was the same as described any heroin withdrawal. But I survived. I am taking a strong anti inflammatory twice a day that seems to after 9 years keep the pain and the sciatica at bay. I still have numbness in my toes but that is nerve damage from the inflammation. I live with that. My lack of upper teeth to chew my food is uncomfortable and embarrassing, no more smiles for me. No money for replacements."

Coccyx Bone fracture (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 15, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "Over 12 years I have been taking 240mg of Zomorph and tops up with Oramorph. All started when my neck collapsed and severed some nerves. Caused all sorts of trouble on my left side, numbness and chronic pain in shoulder, arm, thigh and groin. What was strange that it seemed to trigger all sorts of conditions, anaphylactic shock ( 4 times hospitalised, scary with my throat closing ), Type 2 Diabetes, Kidney stones ( twice really bad, on-going ), Cellulitis, Leg went black, purple and is still painful after 18 months. My biggest problem is my short term memory is shot. I can look at a number with 4 digits and turn the page and it's gone it takes me around 3 or 4 turns of the page before I can write the number down."

KeefyGee February 15, 2016

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I find it nearly impossible to see how MS contin 30 is equivalent to 20mg of oxycodone. In comparison, they are night and day different. The MScontin hardly does a thing at all! The oxycodone helped much, much more. Two of my back doctors took me off it because others abuse it. Seems the doctor's care more about junkies that chronic pain patients."

No help -Failed back surgeries (taken for 10 years or more) February 15, 2016

Morphine Sulfate ER (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "my breathing got very bad I wasn't told about the side affects I read about it on this site and I ask my gp why I wasn't told about the side affects and he wouldn't tell me so I may need to talk to my lawyer"

im a fool (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 5, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "I have had headaches, both migraine and just normal head pain since I was very young, I'm 56 now. I have tried several pain meds for my day to day, all day head pain headaches, from plain aspirin to what I'm on now, morphine sulphate. I'm only "allowed" to take 5mg every 8 hours, this single pill does not work....my doctor is on notice, not sure what for, but because he is he had to cut me down from 25mg to the 5. The higher dose was working!!! I'm now in pain again. Over the years I've gone from aspirin, Tylenol, ibuprophen (works sometimes, extra strength, times 4-6 liquid caps) oxycodone, etc etc but morphine works for me!"

Kartalou (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 3, 2016

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "Did not help with much pain maybe a slight bit and only for an hour at most made me break out and itch till i was bleeding"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "It wears off too quick"

Dog head January 25, 2016

Avinza (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I have cervical stenosis, multiple disc herniations, fibromyalgia and myofacial pain syndrome, etc since teen years. 38 now. Been to several pain clinics and docs on meds, narcotics but none helped me like avizia. I take 90mg plus 10/325 percocet as needed for break thru and it helps so much. I have only constipation and I take amitiza for that, I'm happy my insurance covers it."

butterflywarrior (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 19, 2016

Morphine Sulfate ER (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "Kind of useless on the pain I'm in, was on it for 7 months, 4x a day 2x30mg ER and 2x30mg IR and I was still in pain and coming off it was a process. I never once took it other than prescribed and there is no doubt in my mind I was physically addicted to it. I weaned myself off for months to the point I was taking 1/4 a pill right when I laid down just so it did not feel like my skin was crawling as I tried to sleep. This is an addictive and useless pill for sciatica issues in my experience."

Kevin the sciatic man (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 17, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "no problems with this med. was prescribed 30mg ER 2x daily. feeling better now. I quit taking them a couple days ago without any withdrawals."

dkj59 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2016

For Chronic Pain: "This gave me and upset stomach and I can't sleep no matter how exhausted I am. I have been up an entire night....."

Kimmie64 January 11, 2016