User Reviews for Morphine

Also known as: MS Contin, Morphine Sulfate ER, Morphine Sulfate IR, Kadian, MorphaBond ER, Duramorph, Morphine Sulfate SR, Astramorph PF, Infumorph, Doloral, Mitigo, Duramorph PF, Doloral Sirop, M O S

The following information is NOT intended to endorse any particular medication. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners.

Pain
7.9

Chronic Pain
7.3

Summary of Morphine reviews 7.6 328 reviews

Reviews for Morphine

Granny May 20, 2020

For Chronic Pain: "Went to ER for chest x-ray , was given an unnecessary injection of Morphine which put me in acute respiratory distress and had to be admitted to ICU and placed on respirator. Initial x-ray showed blood clot in lung. Ended up with pseudomonas pneumonia and sepsis while in ICU for 2 weeks. All allergies were listed on chart. Morphine is not supposed to be given to older people and definitely not given to people with difficulty breathing. I will never take Morphine again. I am 76."

trippball · Taken for 10 years or more January 27, 2020

For Chronic Pain: "To the nurse saying that DEA doesn't allow doctors to prescribe more than 90 mgs a day of any pain medication "you are wrong!" Sorry! Dr's can prescribe as much pain meds as they see fit. Unfortunately like many doctors, nurses, etc., out there, they didn't read, or understand, the bulletin that the DEA sent them. Their recommendation were "not more than 90 mgs per day" except for those with severe chronic pain, not just cancer patients (which by the way almost any cancer out there DOESN'T cause pain, it's a false claim! Only a couple types of cancer actually cause pain). Believe me... When my doctor tried to lower my dose, I went straight to the DEA! Oral Morphine does not cause euphoria, it works great on pain but will not get you high at any dose you take."

Tish · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 26, 2019

MorphaBond ER (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "This medication actually worked very well for me! I have deneritave herniated back neck and I take 30 mg of this and 10mg of hydrocodone a day"

Mr. Jamison December 15, 2019

For Chronic Pain: "Opiate crisis my ass. Tell ya what...theres a pain crisis thats what. Ohio just hit the pharma lotto with a major lawsuit payout. You think legit pain patients will get help but NO WAY!!! "

Anonymous November 26, 2019

Morphine Sulfate ER (morphine) for Pain: "They say this form of morphine is resistant to being abused. Which basically just means that it makes you feel like complete garbage. Worst headache of my life if it is not broke don’t fix."

DMHumes · Taken for 10 years or more October 31, 2019

Morphine Sulfate IR (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "As an RN, I was exposed to massive radiation during Heart Caths, from the Fluoro-tube, as my left side of face was close to the tube during caths. I had reconstructive surgery cuz the radiation destroyed the bones that held my teeth, the left sinus floor, then traveled to my left rib cage, 12 rib fractures from picking up a glass of tea or coughing. I also have fractured L4, L5, S1 from a 5 roll over car accident. I've tried Demerol/Phenergan, Oxycodone, Oxycontin, Dilaudid, Vicodin, Percocet, Darvocet, Oromorph. ALL pain meds work differently on different Neuro-pathways. The ONLY med that has ever worked for me, Morphine IR 15mg, 4x day. I took a morphine vacation for one month, then back on Morphine. I can function, work, be productive without being doped up. Extended Release morphine has never worked for bone/nerve pain. Doctors are now regulated by DEA, and cannot prescribe more than 90mg/day of any narcotic. Only end stage cancer patients can get more."

Goshosuki407 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 27, 2019

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "Am 50 yrs old in the last 10 years I've had 8 surgeries. I had venus stasis disease on both legs 2 years in total hospitalized and rehab for movement was in a wheelchair for 1 year after was so bad last surgery doctor team told my wife at the time that I have an 80% chance of never walking again. I made it through on oxycodone 90mg IR every 6hrs around the clock, it basically got me into trouble. Long story short I quit the oxy went to pain patch fentanyl..umm that doctor stopped it and took me off no warning. So found my old doctor he put me on the 30mg MS contin I take 1 every 10 hrs ..I know some on here say it doesn't work but I would not be able to do anything without it. It has made what life I do have more worth living ..I thank God for my doctor and God for letting be able to walk again!!"

Bob · Taken for less than 1 month September 30, 2019

Morphine Sulfate ER (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "Due to the Opioid problem the VA switched me to Morphine SO4 15 mg three times a day for chronic spinal pain. It was effective for about 5 days. After that, it seems like every pill has a different release pattern. Sometimes I get no relief at all. Why is there so much problem with the release portion and why does somebody not fix it. This is the 21st century. If the VA wants people off Oxycodone, there needs to be a working alternative available so pain sufferers get pain relief."

Just me · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 28, 2019

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I'm 25 years old and have a very long story of how I ended up injured but I have tried everything from you over the counter medications to now the extended release morphine and for the fist time in my life since I was hurt I feel like my self again the only time there is pain is if I had slept in too long or the hour leading up to my next dose. Over all I went from 24 hour round the clock feeling like a bug that was just squished, to only ever having to deal with maybe 3-5 hours of pain a day and it never gets to the point where I'm shaking and crying scared thinking of living that way for the rest of my life. It has helped me be a part of my family again and pulled me out of a deep, deep depression thinking I was just done and useless. I couldn't encourage you more if you know your severely in pain to take about it with your pain specialist."

Kp September 4, 2019

For Pain: "I had a discectomy in 2015. I was prescribed 90 Morphine Sulfate ER 12 hour tablets (red) at discharge. I only took half the bottle during recovery for pain and saved the rest until today, when I ran out of a 5 day supply of OxyContin prescribed for upper jaw surgery on 8/27/19. They are still effective as ever. I don't have an addictive nature so I know I'll be fine taking them. My jaw pain was at a 8, on fire. Asked my surgeon for another 5 days worth of Oxy but she declined. I realize there is an opioid epidemic so I understand why. I think in a few days I can cease taking them as swelling will go down. I am thankful I had saved them. I'm here because I wanted to see reviews but a lot reviews are only complaints. Morphine is for dying cancer patients/unbearable emergency nerve pain. It should not be prescribed for everyday use due to it's potency. There are other meds for all other pain cases. Don't be mad at your doc for not wanting to prescribe it because it is really addictive."

Brucko · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 27, 2019

For Chronic Pain: "I have had 20 years of pain, 4 of which were severe. The causes of pain are herniated L3,4,5 and S1 discs, spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease, sacroiliac joint malfunction. MST Continus 40mg three times a day has enabled me to resume a level of fairly normal activity. I’m very grateful for this. Adverse side effect is insomnia."

Toni Harper · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 12, 2019

For Chronic Pain: "Trash medication"

Krissy · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 13, 2019

MorphaBond ER (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "After trying Percocet, gabapentin, Hysingla I tried Morphabond. It did nothing for my pain and I was on 45mg a day. It was less effective than Advil. I was in agony and couldn’t get out of bed by myself. Switched to Norco and I am a different person now almost pain free. I’m not sure why this med didn’t help because it’s supposed to be stronger and norco is much lower but for whatever reason it didn’t work for me and was $200 a month for a year!! I’m glad I switched as Norco is $6.81 a month."

Jey · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2019

MorphaBond ER (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "So, I was on 30 mg of MS contin (morphine) two times a day for 6 months then they took me down to two 15mg a day and I complained. Now they give me this Morphabond two times a day 15 mg. I'm on day 4 and have not gotten ANY relief AT ALL from this! Only relief I get is when I get to take a break through oxycodone at 8 hour intervals! This medicine is useless! I even said I didn't think it was dissolving or something now reading the comments no wonder people OD on this , it's NOT because they ABUSE them it's because they aren't getting any of the meds that they are paying for! Then when I go back to pain management and they pee test me they will say there's nothing there watch because the stuff doesn't dissolve or get absorbed!! What a waste!!!"

Soulreaver · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2019

Oramorph SR (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I have a 2 column l2 fracture of the spine and I have a spinal brace on. The pain is really severe and the doctor gave me oramorph 20mg every 2 hours and apart from being light headed and a little bit spaced out I am free of pain for the first time in 3 weeks. Off for MRI as the fracture has collapsed more"

Inga February 9, 2019

MorphaBond ER (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "Garbage. No pain relief! Should never have been approved, The study they did was they gave it to 25 junkies and asked them if they would abuse it, why should I care, what about people suffering in pain? Did they test it to see if stopped pain? It doesn't release the medication! Why not cover pills in stainless steel, then there is zero chance of efficacy, isn't that the goal? If there is micro-plastic in everyone's bodies and the environment, what is the cumulative effect of the ingredients in this garbage? Who wants a build up in their gut of some toxic plastic rubber covering? But more than that, for the dying, the person in serious pain, it doesn't release the medication, period. I know this was approved so the FDA could appear to be 'doing something' about ILLEGAL drugs, follow that logic, all this will do is harm people in agony. While costing a fortune. Dangerous to give to people in serious pain, if suicides occur on it, because it doesn't work, don't be surprised."

Ellyn · Taken for 10 years or more October 15, 2018

Avinza (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "The only true single daily dose morphine I've tried. More even dosage release than other morphine brands meant less tolerance allowing me to stay on same dose for years. For similar, but less even, relief Kadian and Embeda required 2 doses per day or MSContin 2-3 doses per day. Generic for Avinza is morphine sulfate ER beads."

Rellik0078 · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "To be completely 100% honest with you guys. I was given morphine for about a week and it was the extended-release ones . It didn't work for me .The morphine my doctor gave me was extended and it was supposed to last up to 12 hours and at the end of the day it didn't do anything. The only thing Morphine did for me was made me a little nauseous and my stomach was cramped up and I couldn't go to the bathroom. Now if the doctor were to try the fast-acting morphine I bet you that would have been a lot better but most doctors do not want to give out fast acting medications anymore and those are the ones that are going to work.."

geo · Taken for less than 1 month August 5, 2018

MorphaBond ER (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I was switched to morphabond after my ileostomy, I keep finding the pill partially dissolved in my pouch. a hard plastic like cover with a powdery cotton material inside. Could this be due to the slow release mechanism"

96chanz · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 1, 2018

Morphine Sulfate ER (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "As a 21 Year old who has been dealing w/ Chronic Pain since the age of 11. I've been on almost every opiate (Fentanyl, Oxymorphone, Codeine, Methadone, etc) I've found Morphine 30mg every 8 hrs for to be by far the MOST effective out of all opiates. I am rx'd Roxicodone 30mgs 3 times a day for breakthrough pain but I rarely take it as I find it only gives me a 'buzz' & lasts 1-2 hours as far as pain relief is concerned. I am also prescribed Klonopin 1mg t.i.d. prn for PTSD, GAD. Also Adderall 20mg (90) for ADD/Social Anxiety. This combo I've found to be effective for all of my conditions and I truly feel this is the best method for my chronic pain. Yoga helps as well I've found. I suffer from Severe Sciatica, Gallbladder Calculus with acute cholecystitis w/ obstruction, Severe Spondylolisthesis, Severe Thoracic and lumbosacral neuritis, Chronic Pain Syndrome, Scoliosis w/ spinal stenosis, inguinal hernia w/ obstruction, degenerative disc disease. Bilary obstruction, etc."

Mo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 27, 2018

MorphaBond ER (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "WAY overpriced almostn$800 out of pocket and no one carried it either. One more way these abuse deterrent meds really hurt the ones who don’t abuse anything. Now I can’t afford my meds and my mortgage. I am a guy living with severe chronic pain. I got taken off OxyContin and oxycodone which was 1/10 the cost out of pocket. Guess it’s suffer and wake up every hour in severe pain till I get insurance. Oh wait then my dr will say you’ve doing fine without morphine for 3 months so I’m not going to give morphine to you anymore"

docstod · Taken for 10 years or more June 7, 2018

For Chronic Pain: "I find this iteration of MS Contin to be worthless. I does nothing for my chronic pain. I would like to try a different brand but it is unavailable through the VA Medical Center I go to,"

Dskay211 · Taken for 10 years or more May 3, 2018

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "I can’t get through the day without it. While I used to take 200mg/day I’ve been cut back to the 90mg/day & find that while not loving it I can still manage. MSContin (& my breakthrough med which is also morphine based) is the only med that allows me to function & remain clear headed. I do experience some bowel motion problems so I take generic stool softener every day with meals & takes care of that. I’d recommend this to anyone with severe & constant, chronic pain."

Rez40 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 21, 2018

Kadian (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "After trying Percocet, OxyContin and several other types of pain medication my doctor prescribed me Kadian and by far this is the best medication I have ever used for my chronic pain from Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis. I am on the low dose 10mg and it has outperformed the 40mg OxyContin I was on."

Dusty April 8, 2018

MS Contin (morphine) for Chronic Pain: "Worked better for my pain of Ankylosing spondylitis than vicodin or other pain relievers"