User Reviews for Singulair

Asthma 6.3
Summary of Singulair reviews 6.6 170 reviews

Reviews for Singulair

Anonymous August 1, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Medication works well but has some crazy bad side effects’ First time I took it my allergies was from high pollen counts and mold and I was coughing ever second. I was scared but the singulair took the coughing away like right away. A week into the medication I woke up with night terrors so bad, dry heaving, a pending doom feeling. It was awful. Did not take the pill the next day and the side effect went away. Tried this again and it was like you got super sleepy but could not sleep. It was disastrous. I think a regular antihistamine would be better than this rubbish”

G-Unit · Taken for less than 1 month July 31, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I was so happy taking this Singulair medication because it actually worked however I did have some stomach pains and some diarrhea but wow my allergies were gone! I did get a lil depressed on it but honestly it was worth it with my allergies gone!”

Ellie July 27, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I stopped taking Montelukast after several years. Learned of an FDA warning re: cognitive effects. My breathing has worsened significantly in recent months. My breathing worsened this spring 2020 post MS exacerbation. My air conditioner was occupied by birds - mgmt. neglect of outside grille to prevent birds, bats, etc. I also use AC for MS. Tested neg. for SARS CoV2 April 2020. Started nebulizer yesterday to complement Advair. I will try Montelukast again. Mood wise I did not notice anything significant. Anxiety per MS is a given-like living on the edge of a cliff. Stupidity reigned in mgmt as they refused to clean the air conditioner for pathogens. They violated Fair Housing Law - acted in accordance with Human Rights. 30th Ann. of ADA 7-26-20!”

Tayo · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I’ve been using this medication for a few days and the anxiety is so bad. I think I’m going off of it. It was so expensive to buy but I can’t handle the way it makes me feel.”

Sandra62 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I was given this medication Singulair for chronic nasal congestion and Rhinitis. After about 2 months, I started to notice my mood changing. I was more argumentative almost to the point of aggression. When I started to have bizarre dreams I then researched the side effects of this drug. Here is what was listed: mental/mood changes (such as agitation, aggression, anxiety, trouble sleeping, abnormal dreams, sleep-walking, memory/attention problems, depression, hallucinations, thoughts of harming yourself/suicide). I immediately stopped taking this medication (it wasn't helping that much anyway) and these side effects have stopped completely. PLEASE be mindful of ALL the side effects of any medications you are taking! I never would have believed that something to help with nasal congestion could cause such problems.”

Corky · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2020

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I have been taking Singular now for 3 weeks. The only problem I find is, I take high blood pressure medication and my blood pressure has been normal for ages but, Singular has made it high. I've been watching my BP morning, noon, and night. In a month or so if it doesn't go down I will stop taking it or talk to my doctor. But, all in all, sure does work great. I can breath ALL the time. And I wake up without a very bad stuffy nose.”

Angie March 9, 2020

For Asthma: “Be careful! After years of being misdiagnosed, I was given Singulair. Within 4 weeks, I no longer needed my nebulizer or rescue inhalers. I gradually became more tired, and extremely agitated. I began hearing voices in my own home and I live alone. It got worse, not better. One night, I was convinced someone was in my home. Every light in the house was on. I still kept seeing someone! Coming from a military background, and secure in owning firearms, I was searching my home with a gun. I was looking for an intruder who was NOT there! That was my final straw. I threw my Singulair in the garbage. I’m still agitated and frustrated. I am going to try over the counter medication deemed safe. I’m not sure how long the agitation and tiredness will last. I pray this will help someone. Please be careful on this medicine. For me, it’s not worth it. In 55 years, I’ve never seen anyone, or heard voices in my home, until Singulair. (5 weeks total taking it)”

Laz · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2020

For Asthma: “My asthma came back strong at about age 46. I tried everything. I couldn't exist without an inhaler nearby. Couldn't sleep at night for more than 2 or 3 hours at a time. Woke up constantly always coughing. Additionally always had sinus infections. This drug has been a life-changer for me. It is a miracle. I haven't experienced any noticeable negative side effects. The first couple days I had some dizzy spells but they subsided. I can't say enough good things about how this has helped me. I went to a couple pulmonologist several emergency rooms and urgent cares along with my primary no one ever recommended this finally I found a ra or PA I don't know but she prescribed this for me and I am forever grateful.”

Liz Purcell-no need for nicks · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 25, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Currently on Singulair with no issues.”

CEeCee · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I cannot take Singulair. I have asthma. My symptoms are I can't get a full breath. I get very short of breath regardless of if I am sitting or walking. I have a constant runny nose so thought I would try Singulair. I was on it a week and it made my struggling to breathe worse. I stopped taking it and I feel much better. I think singulair made the mucous viscous and hard so I couldn't get rid of it. Hence, my breathing got worse. I get very very fatigued. I m sad as I was hoping this would work for me.”

Elly29 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 2, 2020

For Asthma: “After I got asthma three months ago I personally thought I was going to be the end of me. My breathing was difficult and was making me depressed. I started singulair 2 months ago. It took about 6 weeks for the medicine to fully work for me but now I feel wonderful. I feel 95 pro cent like before I got ill. No side effects for me. I totally recommend!”

Ditsyblonde · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 17, 2019

For Asthma: “I was on singulair for a couple of years and I have depression with tremors/muscle spasms. Since stopping the meds, the pain in my back next to my lungs has returned but depression is getting better. Tremors are still happening after 2 weeks of not being on this.”

Mb83 · Taken for less than 1 month October 14, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Been taking singulair for about 10 days for chronic sinusitis. The first day I felt better within an hour of taking 10mg. Have continued taking it every day since with no noticeable improvement. Tried pairing it with zyrtec, then claritin. No change. Going to pair with xyzal next but I have low expectations.”

Ab · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 8, 2019

For Asthma: “I would give this med a zero if allowed. It made me have night terrors, depression, and thoughts of harming myself. I do not recommend it and believe it needs a black box warning.”

AC · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 1, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Singulair worked great for my non allergic rhinitis and sinus. I stopped sneezing completely for 2 months on Singulair, I was able to breathe so much better, congestion relief. . Only issue was, I had severe anxiety and occasional panic attacks., even after cutting the pill in half, took every other day. I was truly discouraged, cause the med worked. Tried my best to continue med, but anxiety became overwhelming.”

brandeneatsfood · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 11, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Nothing had helped my allergies at all until I started taking Singulair. With Singulair, it's like my allergies don't even exist. This medication is a miracle pill.”

GL · Taken for less than 1 month August 26, 2019

For Asthma: “I was prescribed this medicine to help with my reaction to my allergy shots. And it does help with that but with a major side effect. I am an anxious mess the entire day. I have been walking around trying to avoid taking a Xanax but after running, lifting weights, deep breathing, meditating, and laying down, I finally had to take it. I think next time I'll just deal with the reaction on my arms.”

Dee-L · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 3, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I have been taking this medication for a few years to treat allergies. At first I would get headaches, but they went away after a few months of use. I do not have anxiety issues with the use of this drug. This drug is a life saver for my allergy symptoms and I will continue to use this drug.”

Ellie · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 26, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Singulair was so disappointing, I needed a game changer for my asthma and I was reassured that this could be it . Has made absolutely no difference.”

Kc · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 18, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “This medication really helped my allergies! It was so severe this year I was constantly uncomfortable. Felt like I couldn’t breathe. I was starting to think I had come down with the flu or another illness. This medication helped my allergies so much, the best medication I’ve ever taken for allergies!!”

Chuck · Taken for less than 1 month July 12, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “After 1 dose I woke up at 3 am with Severe chest pains and diarrhea. I Could not hold my urination until I Made it to the bathroom. Finally I Fell asleep with my adjustable bed Raised to sitting. The pains stayed throughout the night and more pains Today. The chest pains subsided. Today I am nervous, anxious, and Still in bed @6pm.”

jlw · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 10, 2019

For Asthma: “1.5 months on Singulair and so far very happy. I have not had asthma flareup since beginning Singulair. This is a big deal for me after 1 year of regular flareups. I rarely need to use my Ventolin, still on Breo daily. I can breathe through my nose which is very new for me :) The earlier reviews scared me, but so far no issues with anxiety. I did have some weird dreams at first, but that has lessened. I'm very glad for the progress so far.”

Gomo · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Honestly this medicine has helped my allergies drastically but my anxiety is off the wall. I’ve been on it for about 2 weeks... the first few days I was okay but around day 3 I stopped being able to sleep and started waking up with really bad anxiety and muscle/joint pains. I wish they could make this medicine without the side effects :(”

KC · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 7, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I was prescribed this to help with asthma control I noticed in a few days that my rhinitis had significantly improved, as well as the constant sensation of mucous at the back of my throat Asthma is generally better controlled I do not think Singulair has helped with my exercise induced bronchospasm as I still take ventolin prior to each cardio session/run.”

Will · Taken for less than 1 month March 30, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I only used this drug one time, and I took it to help with allergies. I took a 10 mg tab of montelukast at around 10pm. At 3:30am I woke up and had a panic attack. The whole next day I was trying to fight off panic attacks until around 8:30pm when the drug started to die down. I never took another. The panic attacks have stopped.”