User Reviews for Singulair

Learn more about Singulair.

Bronchospasm Prophylaxis 2 reviews 14 medications

Asthma, Maintenance 39 reviews 119 medications

Asthma 43 reviews 143 medications

6.7
Allergic Rhinitis 50 reviews 886 medications

6.7
Summary of Singulair reviews 134 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Singulair

For Allergic Rhinitis "I had immediate response with the taking of the first pill. It was so nice awaking in the morning without the awful itch that my allergies produce."

Living in paradise (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have used this drug for over 15 years. I have asthma triggered by inhalants and the original version has totally controlled my symptoms. I used the generic when it came out because of cost. I started having mild asthma symptoms within a few days. When my local Target switched to another generic I developed hypersensitivity pneumonitis which was diagnosed after over $20,000 in lab work and a bronchoscopy. Back on original singulair..and no problem again. It really controls my asthma and allergic reactions."

April Ross September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "Singulair has been a godsend to help control my daily asthma symptoms due to allergenic/mold triggers. I haven't noticed it make a difference with exercise or smoke triggers, but it definitely helps reduce frequency/severity of asthma symptoms in general. If I take a few days to pick up my prescription, I can absolutely feel a difference in my lung health. I've been waiting the past few days to get the entire prescription renewed with my doctor and I had a nighttime attack last night for the first time since I started taking the medicine (it's been six days since I last took it). I have not experienced any mood changes even though I already had diagnosed anxiety when I started the medication or any other adverse side effects."

Em0617 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "Finally, finally, finally! I was originally given this for COPD and asthma so you might be wondering why I am writing this under allergic rhinitis. 24 hours after the first dose and ever since, my nose and sinuses are clear for the first time in literally my entire adolescent and adult life. I can sleep, breathe, and it has greatly helped asthma! Not a single side effect to be found."

KyoZero (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "Started taking generic Singulair on 7/26/17 by 8/02/17 I started having vivid dreams only at bedtime and every night until today when I called my doctor and got the medication changed. For just under a week every single night I couldn't tell if I was awake or dreaming. The first night it happened I was cuddled up with my husband sleeping on his chest and I woke myself up snoring when I apologized to my husband for snoring so loud he said I wasn't snoring. I fell asleep again within ten minutes and thought I was still awake and I swore I saw a spider on the sheets by my face on my husband. I jumped up yelling spider woke myself up and freaked out my husband because there was no spider, I had dreamt the whole thing. It only got worse"

Ash109010 August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "I have been using this medication for 18 years now. It has proven to be very helpful as I have pretty bad asthma. Always come back to singulair after trying something new. Great maintenance drug."

It works (taken for 10 years or more) July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have tried it several times in the past but have the same results. It does not control the steady flow of post nasal drip causing me to feel nauseated. I have better results taking 4 hour generic Benadryl."

Moma 1 (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "I'm not noticing anything different since taking Singulair a month ago. I still have to use my inhaler 6-8 times a day. (the good part is, I'm not noticing any side effects, either--it's as if I'm taking a placebo)"

Sheik Yerbuti (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "It worked very well for asthma symptoms. Greatly reduced lung inflammation. It takes quite a few weeks to reach max effectiveness. But gave me joint aches, muscle aches and all over malaise. This is listed as an uncommon side effect so it may not affect most."

Lou ann1 June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have severe Allergies to tree pollen. I took my first dose of this and within an hour and a half I had severe shaking, chills and tingling tongue. Extreme headache. Sitting here wondering whether I should head to the ER."

Minicoopgirl May 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "My doctor prescribed me singulair after my allergy test results came back. Went straight to reviews and seeing so many bad reviews I got worried. I have a history of anxiety and panic attack and people were stating it's only getting worse when you take singular. I even rang my doctor saying I'm really afraid to take them but he politely asked me to give them a go. Not only my allergies settled down and symptoms were really bad I must say. I got back my sense of smell, I could breathe through my nose again, my sleeping patterns improved a lot ( some people experienced nightmares after taking singular, in my case I finally could sleep through the night having nicest dreams ever)Anxiety and panic attacks went away. In my case it did wonders"

Dee Dee78 May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "Now 67 years, my health plan only permits generic montelukast medication (generic singulair). I had a very bad experience with this medication. Suffered insomnia, anxiety, and being with insomnia all night went into a deep sleep. When my daughter arrived had a memory lapse and being questioned by my daughter was giving incoherent replies. After being questioned for a while I regained conciousness of my daily routine. I imagine I had a blackout experience. Now I'm trying to get original singulair since I did use it before when I was younger and had none of this experience. I did quit taking this generic form montelukast medication since the next day after quitting I slept very well. Will try to purchase singulair in it's original form."

Marsol May 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "Caused severe anger and self control issues in my son."

Miker777 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "I was started on it after the first acute sudden asthma attack of my life and the inhalers weren't working... which landed me in the emergency room and had some continuing lung spasms in the weeks following this. Once on it, for the first time in many years I was no longer waking up wheezing and with shortness of breath at night. It's been wonderful! Fortunately, I have never had any of the side effects noted by others. I remember feeling early on that singulair may have contributed to weight gain, but it was very hard to tell as I was at that age - late 40s - when this begins to happen naturally. If so, I certainly would have preferred to not to gain weight, but the benefits of having a "normal" life with singulair have been fantastic"

l2t233 (taken for 10 years or more) March 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been taking singulair on and off for years. In the last two years I have had 4 severe asthma attacks and the singulair has not helped. It may have helped my allergic rhinitis. But it does not help my asthma. I will probably stop it."

gadfly (taken for 10 years or more) February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "I read these reviews a year ago and was completely terrified to take this medicine. I let my asthma go so long out of fear that I was going to have a bad reaction that now I need medicine just to breathe at night. I rated it an 8 because I've only taken 1 dose but that was the first night I fell asleep being able to breathe fully in a long time. Today is the first day I only needed my rescue inhaler one time (so far). I'm hoping as I continue to take it, it'll get even better. Also, no side effects what-so-ever. Please try to take medicine for yourself and see how you feel before you put things off. I'm loving Singulair and the way I can breathe!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "Asthma all my life (40 yrs old) but wanted to cut down / get off the steroid inhaler (Symbicourt) as it does lead to weight gain / hunger pangs and bloating of face. Offered Singulair - Took one tablet in the daytime - Wrong thing to do !! Completely sedated feeling. Made a call to continue taking the following treatment : 1. Symbicourt in the morning (Symbicourt users will concede it's like drinking 10 Cups of Coffee) 2. Take a half of Singulair before bed (I have the best nights sleep every night due to its mildly sedative effect). Best of both worlds.. I have never had broken sleep for 40 years.. once I started with Singular I sleep like a baby and wake up completely refreshed."

77 terry January 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "I use to get Singulair thru medicaid/medicare but it's no longer available thru that source. I would have to pay which I can't afford to do. However I am a satisfied x -customer and that is the best medicine I have ever taken for my allergy problem. It eliminated my use of my rescue inhaler daily as in the past. I noticed that I could go a few days or weeks even months without even taking the Singulair most of the time. Singulair helped very well to keep my allergy symptoms away and at bay. I now take a generic brand and it is not the same and I still have to use my rescue inhaler more than I did when I used Singulair. I would recommend Singulair to anyone."

Satisfied Customer January 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been on this for several years now and it helps to keep attacks down significantly. I can breathe so much better and it seems to help knock down allergic reaction to many things for me."

Lpit180 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "I am a lifetime allergy injection patient. I have been getting allergy injections for the past 35 years. I have had symptons of post nasal drip and clearing of the throat for as long as i can remember that the shots just wont clear up. I started singluar 10 days ago and my years of post nasal drip is gone. Yes!!!! gone for the first time for as long as I can remember."

Breathing again (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "Since taking Singulair I have tooth pain, tingling in my face, and a bad metallic taste in my mouth. Plus my anxiety level went up, feel really tired, and very agitated. Stopped taking it last night. Hope these side effects go away soon. This metallic taste is driving me crazy! This is the 2nd time I've tried it. Same side effects and more."

Very ticked off November 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "My wife was on this stuff for at least a couple of years. She suffered severe tiredness, nightmares, irritability, and even suicidal thoughts, accompanied with severe depression! Although it did make her feel better the side effects are not worth it at all! She switched to flonaze and it is just as Good. Please, if you are on this medicine and have any of these side effects,please stop!"

Gcollins October 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "Well, it did the job pretty efficiently, so it gets an extra star for that. However, I was left with and the next day a rash and swelling that started closing off my airways. It took 5 days to realize that it was a side effect of the drug. I stopped taking it and popped one benedeyl and the next day my throat was half it's precious size nd my face burned much less. Still recovering. It was so expensive and ended up doing this to me."

Dofromge (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis "I am a 46-year-old woman that suffers from severe allergies and severe asthma since I was 12. I have been take the generic singular forever. It does nothing for me. I only take because both my pcp and pulmonologist insist I take it. I am miserable everyday. I still have to take a generic form on actives to get any relief. None of the others help either . Zyrtec, Allegera, and Claritan are worthless for me too. I am happy for anyone this drug helps. It is worthless to me.:-("

Miserable Sue (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Asthma "Been talking this medication so long, don't see where it is helping because I still have the same symptoms over and over."

Lady Byrd (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 19, 2016