User Reviews for Singulair

6.4

Summary of Singulair reviews 7.0 151 reviews

Reviews for Singulair

Kc · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 18, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis "This medication really helped my allergies! It was so severe this year I was constantly uncomfortable. Felt like I couldn’t breathe. I was starting to think I had come down with the flu or another illness. This medication helped my allergies so much, the best medication I’ve ever taken for allergies!!"

Chuck · Taken for less than 1 month July 12, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis "After 1 dose I woke up at 3 am with Severe chest pains and diarrhea. I Could not hold my urination until I Made it to the bathroom. Finally I Fell asleep with my adjustable bed Raised to sitting. The pains stayed throughout the night and more pains Today. The chest pains subsided. Today I am nervous, anxious, and Still in bed @6pm."

jlw · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 10, 2019

For Asthma "1.5 months on Singulair and so far very happy. I have not had asthma flareup since beginning Singulair. This is a big deal for me after 1 year of regular flareups. I rarely need to use my Ventolin, still on Breo daily. I can breathe through my nose which is very new for me :) The earlier reviews scared me, but so far no issues with anxiety. I did have some weird dreams at first, but that has lessened. I'm very glad for the progress so far."

Gomo · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis "Honestly this medicine has helped my allergies drastically but my anxiety is off the wall. I’ve been on it for about 2 weeks... the first few days I was okay but around day 3 I stopped being able to sleep and started waking up with really bad anxiety and muscle/joint pains. I wish they could make this medicine without the side effects :("

KC · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 7, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was prescribed this to help with asthma control I noticed in a few days that my rhinitis had significantly improved, as well as the constant sensation of mucous at the back of my throat Asthma is generally better controlled I do not think Singulair has helped with my exercise induced bronchospasm as I still take ventolin prior to each cardio session/run."

Will · Taken for less than 1 month March 30, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis "I only used this drug one time, and I took it to help with allergies. I took a 10 mg tab of montelukast at around 10pm. At 3:30am I woke up and had a panic attack. The whole next day I was trying to fight off panic attacks until around 8:30pm when the drug started to die down. I never took another. The panic attacks have stopped."

Char · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 24, 2019

For Asthma "I started with singulair a few months ago. Before taking it I would be awakened with wheezing, nasal congestion and just feeling like I could not get enough air. It has been a wonder drug, immediately all the asthma symptoms at night were relieved and stopped the early morning coughing. I occasionally have short term wheezing but nothing like previously and so far no side effects."

YearRoundAllergies · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 16, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "Simply did not work."

M&M Mom · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 10, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "I am a parent of two children. Both children took Singulair for allergies. Both children had issues while taking Singulair and experiences withdrawal effects once I stopped the medication. My daughter developed TICS, TREMORS, ANGER, RAGE, OCD, ANXIETY, Mood Swings, agitation to name a few side effects. My son developed frequent urination, muscle issues, joint pain and sadness. Both my children developed a hypersensitivity to all artificial sweeteners, dyes and all emulsifiers/preservatives as the inactive ingredients are made up of most of these items. Their hypersensitivity to artificial sweeteners, dyes and emulsifiers/preservatives still continue even though they stopped the medicine."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "I was having bad shortness of breath that distressed me. My doctor put me on singular and it saved me! On day one I noticed a big difference within an hour. They say take at night but I take it in the morning. Works like a charm with no side effects. I was advised to take the generic as it was cheaper with my plan"

overpriced July 25, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "The generic is out. I have taken both and there is no difference. Buy the generic and do not waste your money on the name brand."

Scoot · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "This drug is not for everyone. I took it for just three days and got very depressed, even to the point having really dark thoughts, had a constant headache, an upset stomach, deep soreness in my teeth, mood swings, and irritability. However, it did help my allergies. Be very conscious of how you feel when you try this drug."

Binkyluv · Taken for less than 1 month March 30, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "I took one pill this morning (as recommended by a friend who had trouble sleeping with it and found morning was better). It’s 3:18 am and I can’t sleep. Keep having waves of feeling like I can’t breathe. Pretty sure it’s anxiety. Won’t be taking this anymore. Hope the anxiety goes away."

Cyndirella February 10, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "I used to take two Benadryl every night just to breath at night. I decided to go ahead and see an allergist to get allergy shots. She gave me a script for Singulair. It really, really works! I have been taking it for over two months now and I am thrilled. I quit buying 100 capsule bottles of Benadryl just to breathe at night. I have not had any side effects. I don't wake up nauseous and I don't go through a million tissues anymore. I have just started my shots, three shots twice a week (6 shots a week). I have heard Singulair doesn't work for everyone. My allergist said it works best for patients with severe allergies and not as well for those with mild allergies. I am hoping my body doesn't get used to the Singulair and it becomes less effective like it did with all the other prescription allergy medicines. Time will tell! "

MLT72 February 10, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "I've been taking Singulair 10 mg for over 3 years now. It always seemed to control all my allergy symptoms with no problems. However, in the past 6 months, I have post nasal drip and a dry, hacking chronic cough that sometimes makes me throw-up from coughing so hard. I at first thought I had a food allergy, but I have crossed that off my list after weeks of writing down everything I ate, and the symptoms did not disappear. I have finally come to the conclusion that my cough is caused by the Singulair. I started taking one every other day, and on the days I did NOT take it, my cough subsided. When I took the pill, the cough returned. This isn't just an annoying cough. This is the kind of cough that got me sent home from work many times! Aside from the embarrassment of uncontrollable coughing, my sleep has lacked and my social life has dwindled down to nothing! Several doctors appointments later, after being told to stick with the Singulair, I will NEVER take it again!"

GailAG December 24, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "This drug did nothing for my stuffy nose, cold and cough and wheezing but side effects are horrible. After less than a week of taking it I could not sleep, was unable to focus, had a panic attack at the grocery store with sweating and dizziness, felt like I was going to faint, was very tired and achy. I did not connect it to the drug at first but then I went to take it and it dawned on me that maybe I should check out the side effects. These are all side effects of the medication. I had lost my mother about a month ago and I kept thinking I was just not coping well but once I stopped taking the medication, I was able to sleep and the sweating and dizziness went away. My aches are much less as well."

Bookwrm71 · Taken for less than 1 month September 23, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "Singulair was wonderful for my allergies. My allergies are only in my ears causing popping, crackling, clogging and pulling. From the 1st dose I felt better and kept improving until my ears were better than they had been in months. Unfortunately, on day 10 I developed tremors in my hands and lower arms. The tremors turned into shaking when I tried to use my arms/hands. My legs felt detached from my body. So it was wonderful for my allergies but horrible for side effects. Hopefully it won't take too long to get out of my system so the tremors stop."

Living in paradise · Taken for less than 1 month September 8, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "I had immediate response with the taking of the first pill. It was so nice awaking in the morning without the awful itch that my allergies produce."

April Ross September 7, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have used this drug for over 15 years. I have asthma triggered by inhalants and the original version has totally controlled my symptoms. I used the generic when it came out because of cost. I started having mild asthma symptoms within a few days. When my local Target switched to another generic I developed hypersensitivity pneumonitis which was diagnosed after over $20,000 in lab work and a bronchoscopy. Back on original singulair..and no problem again. It really controls my asthma and allergic reactions."

Em0617 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 5, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance "Singulair has been a godsend to help control my daily asthma symptoms due to allergenic/mold triggers. I haven't noticed it make a difference with exercise or smoke triggers, but it definitely helps reduce frequency/severity of asthma symptoms in general. If I take a few days to pick up my prescription, I can absolutely feel a difference in my lung health. I've been waiting the past few days to get the entire prescription renewed with my doctor and I had a nighttime attack last night for the first time since I started taking the medicine (it's been six days since I last took it). I have not experienced any mood changes even though I already had diagnosed anxiety when I started the medication or any other adverse side effects."

KyoZero · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 5, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "Finally, finally, finally! I was originally given this for COPD and asthma so you might be wondering why I am writing this under allergic rhinitis. 24 hours after the first dose and ever since, my nose and sinuses are clear for the first time in literally my entire adolescent and adult life. I can sleep, breathe, and it has greatly helped asthma! Not a single side effect to be found."

Ash109010 August 8, 2017

For Asthma "Started taking generic Singulair on 7/26/17 by 8/02/17 I started having vivid dreams only at bedtime and every night until today when I called my doctor and got the medication changed. For just under a week every single night I couldn't tell if I was awake or dreaming. The first night it happened I was cuddled up with my husband sleeping on his chest and I woke myself up snoring when I apologized to my husband for snoring so loud he said I wasn't snoring. I fell asleep again within ten minutes and thought I was still awake and I swore I saw a spider on the sheets by my face on my husband. I jumped up yelling spider woke myself up and freaked out my husband because there was no spider, I had dreamt the whole thing. It only got worse"

It works · Taken for 10 years or more July 26, 2017

For Asthma "I have been using this medication for 18 years now. It has proven to be very helpful as I have pretty bad asthma. Always come back to singulair after trying something new. Great maintenance drug."

Moma 1 · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have tried it several times in the past but have the same results. It does not control the steady flow of post nasal drip causing me to feel nauseated. I have better results taking 4 hour generic Benadryl."

Sheik Yerbuti · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 23, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "I'm not noticing anything different since taking Singulair a month ago. I still have to use my inhaler 6-8 times a day. (the good part is, I'm not noticing any side effects, either--it's as if I'm taking a placebo)"

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)