User Reviews for Singulair

Learn more about Singulair.

Bronchospasm Prophylaxis 2 reviews 14 medications

Asthma, Maintenance 34 reviews 116 medications

Allergic Rhinitis 39 reviews 873 medications

6.8
Asthma 35 reviews 142 medications

6.8
Summary of Singulair reviews 110 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Singulair

For Asthma "Been talking this medication so long, don't see where it is helping because I still have the same symptoms over and over."

Lady Byrd (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 19, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis "I wish I had reported this to the FDA when it happened. I don't know how helpful my account of the side effects from many years ago would be now. However, I would like to share this somewhere, as what I experienced is not verified as a side effect but possibly suspected--- I don't want anyone to go through what I went through and not suspect this medication to be the culprit. After taking one dose of Singular in the evening, the next day, I experienced suicidal thoughts, severe anxiety, and a feeling as if I were being separated from my body (if that makes sense). I have no history of such problems, never took Singular again, and never experienced what I described again."

Hope this helps (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis "I wish I had reported this to the FDA when it happened. I don't know how helpful my account of the side effects from years ago would be now. However, I would like to share this somewhere, as what I experienced is not verified as a side effect but possibly suspected--- I don't want anyone to go through what I went through and not suspect this medication. After taking one dose of Singular in the evening, the next day, I experienced suicidal thoughts, anxiety, and a feeling as if I were being separated from my body (if that makes sense). I have no history of such problems, never took Singular again, and never experienced what I described again (as I said before, it has now been years since I took Singular)."

Worried for others (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis "Started to get post nasal drip horribly over four months ago. tried every otc drug know for allergies, remove bedroom carpet, bought high end humidifier, air purifier, netti potted and drank four liters of water a day. Nothing helped and i would wake up every hour and a half coughing from mucus build up. This medication stopped my symptoms within 2 days. Its very expensive but worth every penny."

klaaja May 23, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis "Singulair causes symptoms in children that look like ADHD or ADD. It causes irritability, aggression, impulsivity, and hyperactivity in children. Before you treat your child for ADHD, try switching to an allergy or asthma medicine that isn't this or a corticosteriod"

ReviewPro (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 2, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis "I tried Singulair because I have nasal allergies that turn into nasty sinus infections every couple of months. I also have panic disorder, but it's well controlled with medication. I was only able to take Singulair for 4 days due to side effects, so I can't say how well it works. It made me so sleepy that I was sleeping 12-15 hours a day, and still tired when I was awake. I haven't had a panic attack in over a year, and my anxiety went through the roof on this stuff. My panic attacks were so bad, I was having trouble driving. I was also moody and irritable the days I took it. Luckily, all of the negative side effects went away within a couple of days of stopping Singulair. Stay away from this drug if you are prone to anxiety!!!"

StillStuffy (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2016

For Asthma "I have been taking singulair for almost a year now or more. I usually don't dream , so I haven't noticed any unusual nightmares. Seriously , I can't tell if my anxiety is because of singulair or not . I am anxious by nature and this semester is really stressful and can drive anyone crazy ! I usually think about life , death , why we are here? and this kind of stuff . . DOES THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH SINGULAIR ? I really want to find an answer for that .I recommend singulair when you don't have any other choice , but if you have one then absolutely choose it. Sing. is bad but effective."

N.A (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 20, 2016

For Asthma "Since taking Singulair my condition has improved dramatically. I no longer wheeze and I sleep well. I have been a chronic asthmatic for 54 years. Now I have been given a new lease on life. I am so happy and active. It's an emotional thing after suffering for so long."

Martyn Central Coast April 7, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have mild asthma that occasionally worsens to be more moderate. I'm another person who has mood effects from taking Singular, and in addition, it's affecting my ability to enjoy certain flavors. It feels like an antihistamine, sort of, causing my mouth to feel dry, and I feel thirsty a lot. I'd live with that, but I am experiencing this weird agitation that's quite uncomfortable. I'm very aware of it, and I'm an adult, not a kid, so I probably won't bite anybody's head off. However, I think it might not be worth it to me and I think I'll stop it for a few days to compare how I feel then with what I'm feeling now."

NorCalM March 27, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis "This medications was given to me after blue cross and blue shield stop covering levocetirizine which i had taken for 7 years. Singulair is awful. Within 2 days i had nightmares so very vivid that was scary. The dreams would come in few minutes intervals during hours and hours of not being able to sleep at all. By the third day i had tremors in my legs which kept me awake anyways, during the day I thought about nothing then kill myself. By the fourth day i broke out in hives. That's when I stopped it. I would not recommend! I am very healthy athletic person and I love outdoors, this medication was debilitating."

Adair1974 (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2016

For Asthma "OMG!! I've been taking singulair for one week. I haven't received my advair from the mail order pharmacy....but, singulair is a miracle. I had shortness of breath (SOB) and tight chest - it felt like I was having angina. Really after the 1st dose I noticed I coughed less. Today I walked all the way from the back parking lot to my floor without stopping or SOB. Didn't even have to use my inhaler. Amazing!"

jolene8992 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis "I am a retired physician. Every winter & spring I suffer with horrible congestive episodes, once becoming so dizzy, I barely could get out of bed just to go to the bathroom. I saw an ENT doc who diagnosed me with vasomotor rhinitis, and stopped my Claritin. Spring came around & I was miserable again. I saw an allergist who did multiple skin testing & concluded I had no allergies-urban irritants caused nasal mucosal swelling resulting in my congestion. When my symptoms got worse, I was sent for a CT scan of my sinuses, & was found to have chronic sinusitis. Every year I still have seasonal recurrences of sinusitis. My new PCP decided to try Singulair (Montelukast) along with antibiotics & I can now breathe out of both nostrils. Yay!"

Dr. Anne B (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been on singular for less than 1 week. I have noticed that with the slightest bump I bruise easily. My mouth is dry but my throat is not closing in. I have been sleeping better and have been more active. Still take allergy medicine occasionally, advair and blue puffer. Wowzers"

Thankful Lisa November 15, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis "I was prescribed this for headaches and eye irritation for allergies. Been taking it for a month. No improvement or change in symptoms. Drs office said it takes a few days to help symptoms ; pharmacist said it can take 4-6 weeks to build up on in your system. The generic is cheap but after a month, no change. Don't know if its med not working or mis diagnosis"

Sajam6 (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis "I never had allergies until I was an adult. Most of my allergies are at night making it unbearable and hard to sleep. Nasal congestion itchy eyes and mouth. This would continue into the morning. During the day time I would get constant ear pressure and cracking. My doctor put me on singular (generic was given from the pharmacy) and my symptoms have improved significantly but I get nose bleeds more often which is a side effect. I've been on it for three months now. Still get the occasional stuffiness in the morning but much better over all."

Thenga October 26, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have severe allergies everyday right when I get up in the morning. My nose just starts to run and drip. If I do not have tissues, my mucus would just drip on the floor. My allergies always go away around lunch time. I took generic singulair (montelukast sodium) everyday in the morning. Then I switched to the evening. I may have only missed one or two tablets throughout the 3 months that I took it, but my drip is the same as before. This medication does not work for me. I have tried the generics for Claritin, Allegra, and Zyrtec. Now I have tried the generic form of Singulair. All of these medications do not work for me. The only medication that works is Benadryl, but Benadryl makes me so exhausted and congested."

Nose Dripper September 12, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis "Our seven year old has severe bronchial inflammation due to a reactive airway. He had severe asthma reactions where he was full of mucus and fighting to breathe. The first day on Singular he was tired and grouchy, but has had no side effects, sleeps soundly, and has had perfect success with it, along with a daily asthma inhaler. A great relief"

Little man (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis "For the last 6 months I have had allergies like never before in my 32 years. Constant nasal congestion and dry coughing. I have been miserable. OTC antihistamines were not cutting it, so My doctor put me on Xyzal and Azelastine back in June. This improved my congestion but after catching a cold in July I ended up with the same symptoms and a dry cough that would not go away. It kept me up at night and I was miserable. He put me on Singulair, and since then the congestion has improved and I can sleep through the night without coughing!"

Amyfromga (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2015

For Asthma "I took Singulair for a week because I was having trouble with my asthma and allergies. But I also have anxiety and panic attacks often and Singulair made it so much worse!! Every time I took it my heart would race and even the next morning I would still have a racing heart. I ended up having panic attacks every day and going to the ER twice in a week while on this. I will NEVER take this again, it's very bad for people who have anxiety. My asthma is still bad but it wasn't worth trying because of the side effects."

MayAG (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "I've been stepping up and up since I was diagnosed with asthma. First it was just Ventolin, then we added Clenil Modulite, then Seretide 50/25 at Christmas, up to Seretide 125/25 a few weeks later, adding in Avamys nasal spray for hayfever and Acrivastine for hayfever and Type 1 latex allergy, then finally adding on Montelukast. Sadly, unlike some of the other people on here, I haven't been able to get down to just Montelukast. However, I'd say it's a miracle pill! I play ice hockey and overnight I went from tight chest and coughing and wheezing after hockey (I have CVA so wheezing is weird) to being totally fine. I still struggle if I max out, so I have to change out regularly but I play forward so that's easy enough. It's just great!!!"

servewithmintsauce (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "I suffered from asthma for long time, after taking Singular all gone Thank you!"

nloza13 June 18, 2015

For Asthma "Worst experience of my life by far! First off you can expect to have side affects 4-6 weeks after you last dose. I had to be put on anxiety medication because I became extremely distraught. I had night terrors thoughts of hurting myself and other even my dog. I managed to separate those thoughts from who I knew I was but the emotional impact is so real. I also became paranoid that I was someone I was not! Best advice is first get on an anxiety medication so that you can deal with the daily thoughts. I'm not saying stay on it forever just while you wait out those weeks. Other key thing is have somone you can call 24/7 and talk to about the thoughts that know how you are regularly. Luckly I still have my mother."

Keeping the faith May 4, 2015

For Asthma "I use singular every night to help with my allergies and ASTHMA."

Arkjd2011 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 3, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis "Been suffering from ETD for about two years. I've been on Singulair for about 4 months and it has dramatically improved my symptoms, no more ear crackling. Occasional tiredness and headache but it's tolerable. It has helped me tremendously."

Casscadav April 7, 2015

For Asthma "Started Singulair approx 1 wk ago. I will say it's an asthma miracle, but the side effects are unreal. I had extreme irritability (out of character for me) severe fatigue when normally active, mood changes, depression, anxiety. I wish doctors would really explain this to new users thanks to all of you who reviewd this medicine and gave me insite on what was going on, that's the reason for my post too. "

Kdugan11 (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2015