User Reviews for Singulair

Allergic Rhinitis
6.3

Summary of Singulair reviews 7.0 143 reviews

Reviews for Singulair

For Allergic Rhinitis "I am a parent of two children. Both children took Singulair for allergies. Both children had issues while taking Singulair and experiences withdrawal effects once I stopped the medication. My daughter developed TICS, TREMORS, ANGER, RAGE, OCD, ANXIETY, Mood Swings, agitation to name a few side effects. My son developed frequent urination, muscle issues, joint pain and sadness. Both my children developed a hypersensitivity to all artificial sweeteners, dyes and all emulsifiers/preservatives as the inactive ingredients are made up of most of these items. Their hypersensitivity to artificial sweeteners, dyes and emulsifiers/preservatives still continue even though they stopped the medicine."

M&M Mom (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 10, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "I was having bad shortness of breath that distressed me. My doctor put me on singular and it saved me! On day one I noticed a big difference within an hour. They say take at night but I take it in the morning. Works like a charm with no side effects. I was advised to take the generic as it was cheaper with my plan"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance "The generic is out. I have taken both and there is no difference. Buy the generic and do not waste your money on the name brand."

overpriced July 25, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "This drug is not for everyone. I took it for just three days and got very depressed, even to the point having really dark thoughts, had a constant headache, an upset stomach, deep soreness in my teeth, mood swings, and irritability. However, it did help my allergies. Be very conscious of how you feel when you try this drug."

Scoot (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "I took one pill this morning (as recommended by a friend who had trouble sleeping with it and found morning was better). It’s 3:18 am and I can’t sleep. Keep having waves of feeling like I can’t breathe. Pretty sure it’s anxiety. Won’t be taking this anymore. Hope the anxiety goes away."

Binkyluv (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "I used to take two Benadryl every night just to breath at night. I decided to go ahead and see an allergist to get allergy shots. She gave me a script for Singulair. It really, really works! I have been taking it for over two months now and I am thrilled. I quit buying 100 capsule bottles of Benadryl just to breathe at night. I have not had any side effects. I don't wake up nauseous and I don't go through a million tissues anymore. I have just started my shots, three shots twice a week (6 shots a week). I have heard Singulair doesn't work for everyone. My allergist said it works best for patients with severe allergies and not as well for those with mild allergies. I am hoping my body doesn't get used to the Singulair and it becomes less effective like it did with all the other prescription allergy medicines. Time will tell! "

Cyndirella February 10, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "I've been taking Singulair 10 mg for over 3 years now. It always seemed to control all my allergy symptoms with no problems. However, in the past 6 months, I have post nasal drip and a dry, hacking chronic cough that sometimes makes me throw-up from coughing so hard. I at first thought I had a food allergy, but I have crossed that off my list after weeks of writing down everything I ate, and the symptoms did not disappear. I have finally come to the conclusion that my cough is caused by the Singulair. I started taking one every other day, and on the days I did NOT take it, my cough subsided. When I took the pill, the cough returned. This isn't just an annoying cough. This is the kind of cough that got me sent home from work many times! Aside from the embarrassment of uncontrollable coughing, my sleep has lacked and my social life has dwindled down to nothing! Several doctors appointments later, after being told to stick with the Singulair, I will NEVER take it again!"

MLT72 February 10, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis "This drug did nothing for my stuffy nose, cold and cough and wheezing but side effects are horrible. After less than a week of taking it I could not sleep, was unable to focus, had a panic attack at the grocery store with sweating and dizziness, felt like I was going to faint, was very tired and achy. I did not connect it to the drug at first but then I went to take it and it dawned on me that maybe I should check out the side effects. These are all side effects of the medication. I had lost my mother about a month ago and I kept thinking I was just not coping well but once I stopped taking the medication, I was able to sleep and the sweating and dizziness went away. My aches are much less as well."

GailAG December 24, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "Singulair was wonderful for my allergies. My allergies are only in my ears causing popping, crackling, clogging and pulling. From the 1st dose I felt better and kept improving until my ears were better than they had been in months. Unfortunately, on day 10 I developed tremors in my hands and lower arms. The tremors turned into shaking when I tried to use my arms/hands. My legs felt detached from my body. So it was wonderful for my allergies but horrible for side effects. Hopefully it won't take too long to get out of my system so the tremors stop."

Bookwrm71 (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "I had immediate response with the taking of the first pill. It was so nice awaking in the morning without the awful itch that my allergies produce."

Living in paradise (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have used this drug for over 15 years. I have asthma triggered by inhalants and the original version has totally controlled my symptoms. I used the generic when it came out because of cost. I started having mild asthma symptoms within a few days. When my local Target switched to another generic I developed hypersensitivity pneumonitis which was diagnosed after over $20,000 in lab work and a bronchoscopy. Back on original singulair..and no problem again. It really controls my asthma and allergic reactions."

April Ross September 7, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance "Singulair has been a godsend to help control my daily asthma symptoms due to allergenic/mold triggers. I haven't noticed it make a difference with exercise or smoke triggers, but it definitely helps reduce frequency/severity of asthma symptoms in general. If I take a few days to pick up my prescription, I can absolutely feel a difference in my lung health. I've been waiting the past few days to get the entire prescription renewed with my doctor and I had a nighttime attack last night for the first time since I started taking the medicine (it's been six days since I last took it). I have not experienced any mood changes even though I already had diagnosed anxiety when I started the medication or any other adverse side effects."

Em0617 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "Finally, finally, finally! I was originally given this for COPD and asthma so you might be wondering why I am writing this under allergic rhinitis. 24 hours after the first dose and ever since, my nose and sinuses are clear for the first time in literally my entire adolescent and adult life. I can sleep, breathe, and it has greatly helped asthma! Not a single side effect to be found."

KyoZero (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2017

For Asthma "Started taking generic Singulair on 7/26/17 by 8/02/17 I started having vivid dreams only at bedtime and every night until today when I called my doctor and got the medication changed. For just under a week every single night I couldn't tell if I was awake or dreaming. The first night it happened I was cuddled up with my husband sleeping on his chest and I woke myself up snoring when I apologized to my husband for snoring so loud he said I wasn't snoring. I fell asleep again within ten minutes and thought I was still awake and I swore I saw a spider on the sheets by my face on my husband. I jumped up yelling spider woke myself up and freaked out my husband because there was no spider, I had dreamt the whole thing. It only got worse"

Ash109010 August 8, 2017

For Asthma "I have been using this medication for 18 years now. It has proven to be very helpful as I have pretty bad asthma. Always come back to singulair after trying something new. Great maintenance drug."

It works (taken for 10 years or more) July 26, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have tried it several times in the past but have the same results. It does not control the steady flow of post nasal drip causing me to feel nauseated. I have better results taking 4 hour generic Benadryl."

Moma 1 (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "I'm not noticing anything different since taking Singulair a month ago. I still have to use my inhaler 6-8 times a day. (the good part is, I'm not noticing any side effects, either--it's as if I'm taking a placebo)"

Sheik Yerbuti (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2017

For Asthma "It worked very well for asthma symptoms. Greatly reduced lung inflammation. It takes quite a few weeks to reach max effectiveness. But gave me joint aches, muscle aches and all over malaise. This is listed as an uncommon side effect so it may not affect most."

Lou ann1 June 19, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "I have severe Allergies to tree pollen. I took my first dose of this and within an hour and a half I had severe shaking, chills and tingling tongue. Extreme headache. Sitting here wondering whether I should head to the ER."

Minicoopgirl May 14, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis "My doctor prescribed me singulair after my allergy test results came back. Went straight to reviews and seeing so many bad reviews I got worried. I have a history of anxiety and panic attack and people were stating it's only getting worse when you take singular. I even rang my doctor saying I'm really afraid to take them but he politely asked me to give them a go. Not only my allergies settled down and symptoms were really bad I must say. I got back my sense of smell, I could breathe through my nose again, my sleeping patterns improved a lot ( some people experienced nightmares after taking singular, in my case I finally could sleep through the night having nicest dreams ever)Anxiety and panic attacks went away. In my case it did wonders"

Dee Dee78 May 8, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance "Now 67 years, my health plan only permits generic montelukast medication (generic singulair). I had a very bad experience with this medication. Suffered insomnia, anxiety, and being with insomnia all night went into a deep sleep. When my daughter arrived had a memory lapse and being questioned by my daughter was giving incoherent replies. After being questioned for a while I regained conciousness of my daily routine. I imagine I had a blackout experience. Now I'm trying to get original singulair since I did use it before when I was younger and had none of this experience. I did quit taking this generic form montelukast medication since the next day after quitting I slept very well. Will try to purchase singulair in it's original form."

Marsol May 4, 2017

For Asthma "Caused severe anger and self control issues in my son."

Miker777 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 2, 2017

For Asthma "I was started on it after the first acute sudden asthma attack of my life and the inhalers weren't working... which landed me in the emergency room and had some continuing lung spasms in the weeks following this. Once on it, for the first time in many years I was no longer waking up wheezing and with shortness of breath at night. It's been wonderful! Fortunately, I have never had any of the side effects noted by others. I remember feeling early on that singulair may have contributed to weight gain, but it was very hard to tell as I was at that age - late 40s - when this begins to happen naturally. If so, I certainly would have preferred to not to gain weight, but the benefits of having a "normal" life with singulair have been fantastic"

l2t233 (taken for 10 years or more) March 5, 2017

For Asthma, Maintenance "I have been taking singulair on and off for years. In the last two years I have had 4 severe asthma attacks and the singulair has not helped. It may have helped my allergic rhinitis. But it does not help my asthma. I will probably stop it."

gadfly (taken for 10 years or more) February 28, 2017

For Asthma "I read these reviews a year ago and was completely terrified to take this medicine. I let my asthma go so long out of fear that I was going to have a bad reaction that now I need medicine just to breathe at night. I rated it an 8 because I've only taken 1 dose but that was the first night I fell asleep being able to breathe fully in a long time. Today is the first day I only needed my rescue inhaler one time (so far). I'm hoping as I continue to take it, it'll get even better. Also, no side effects what-so-ever. Please try to take medicine for yourself and see how you feel before you put things off. I'm loving Singulair and the way I can breathe!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2017