User Reviews for Fluticasone nasal

Also known as: Flonase, Flonase Allergy Relief, Flonase Sensimist, Xhance, Ticanase

Fluticasone nasal has an average rating of 5.7 out of 10 from a total of 230 ratings on Drugs.com. 46% of those users who reviewed Fluticasone nasal reported a positive effect, while 39% reported a negative effect.

Allergic Rhinitis
4.9
Rhinitis
6.4
Nasal Polyps  Off-label
Summary of Fluticasone nasal reviews 5.7 230 reviews

Reviews for Fluticasone nasal

Scott · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 8, 2021

Xhance (fluticasone) for Nasal Polyps: “While the Xhance flucanazole delivery system is indeed a plus, certain insurance plans ( medicare in particular) do not cover the cost. The average retail price for this Rx. is $475.00. While the company offers assistance to those who "can't afford the Rx.,"the reality is the average income to qualify is below the poverty line. In summary, if you're prescribed this medication, (and it is a brilliant delivery design), just make sure you can afford the cost.”

Daisy · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2021

For Rhinitis: “My GP prescribed this about a month ago. It does not work!!! To boot when I was researching it I skipped over Section 2 re Children and Adolescents as I thought it did not apply to me. However, now I have the beginning of a small cataract and see that it mentions blurred vision, etc. under this Children Section Now I am waiting for an appointment at the eye hospital and am worried stiff. Pity I could not score zero.”

Who cares · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2021

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Holy side effects!!! Caused me dizziness, nausea, sinus and ear pain. Saw someone else complain about it causing cataracts at 37 and severe anxiety! Went to hospital earlier today I was so scared about the way I felt!!”

DakJ · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2020

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Back pain, anxiety, hyperactivity, insomnia, dissociation, brain fog, oral thrush, headaches, floaters in vision, sore throat, dizziness, loss of balance, crust in nostrils, odd temperature sensations in limbs. Avoid at all costs.”

Saraaa · Taken for less than 1 month August 9, 2020

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: “TERRIBLE! Do not use this!! Or be very cautious listen to your body! If you get ANY anxiety STOP IMMEDIATELY! I used it for 9 days. I was having panic attacks every day I didn’t know wth was going on it turned my life UPSIDE DOWN. Finally I figured out it was the Flonase so I stopped using it. The panic attacks stopped but the anxious feelings stayed, had insomnia, no appetite, lost 15lbs, couldn’t work. Literally flipped everything upside down. I’ve been in and out of the hospital they’re checking everything to see if I’m okay, but mainly it effected my hormones especially cortisol. Finally now it’s been almost 6 weeks and I’m finally am getting better. Do not take this!!”

Lynn · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2020

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: “This Flonase stuff has been horrible for me. It gave me horrendous headaches, interrupted my sleep patterns and has given me body aches and pains. I know it was the Flonase because 24 hours after stopping it all this has gone away. My allergies are awful but not as bad as the Flonase! This should not be an over the counter drug. The advertising is totally misleading and I can’t believe my physician recommended it. If you are going to try it Please proceed with caution.”

Lucy · Taken for less than 1 month October 29, 2019

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: “TAKE FLONASE NASAL SPRAY AT YOUR OWN PERIL! After having used it for two days, I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night unable to breathe. For almost a minute I was unable to get any air into my lungs. My throat/windpipe was totally constricted. It was the scariest moment of my life. Then gradually I was able to inhale just a little bit of air. Never again will I touch this stuff.”

Gigi · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 31, 2019

Xhance (fluticasone) for Nasal Polyps: “I have suffered with nasal polyps which have recurred each time I’ve had surgery (twice). I had severe sleep issues from difficulty breathing at night, and had no sense of smell for years. I was ready to go back to surgery when a doctor prescribed xhance 7 months ago. After 8 weeks I was improved, and now 7 months later I can smell and breathe easily through my nose. I’m so happy with the results, and avoided surgery.”

Stayaway · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2020

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Don’t take Flonase if you have anxiety or are sensitive to steroids. I took it for a few weeks and ended up in the ER 4 times! Racing heart, terrible anxiety, nausea, vomiting, severe mood swings and agitation. None of the drs believed me when I said it was Flonase until they discovered I had Cushing’s Syndrome!! Now I’m having to wait weeks for the steroid to get out of my system! Just awful!”

OwlJulie · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 21, 2020

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Caused me to have migraines at the base of my head/skull where it meets my neck. I took it for years and I had migraines for years, especially while in bed trying to sleep. Saw my primary doctor for the migraines and they never figured out what was causing it, ran blood tests, etc. I suffered a long time. Then I didn't take it for the period of November 2019, then began taking it again in February 2020, which is when my migraines came back. It triggers severe pain.”

EffFlonase · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2020

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: “DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION IF YOU'RE PRONE TO ANXIETY! I've been taking this for a few months now and I only experienced a slight decrease in allergies while becoming incredibly anxious and getting random mood swings throughout the day. Frankly, I wouldn't recommend Flonase to anyone if you have even the slightest tendency towards anxiety. It was also making me tired. I'm so glad I finally recognized what was causing this so that now I can potentially have things go back to normal.”

Anonymous March 26, 2021

Xhance (fluticasone) for Nasal Polyps: “I am 22 years old with AERD. I have severe asthma and allergies. I had surgery to remove my nasal polyps and reconstruct my sinuses when I was 18 and within a month and a half my nasal polyps came back. It has been 7 years since I lost my sense of smell and I have chronic congestion. My doctor put me on course of prednisone for the past 2 weeks and I have been on Xhance for the last week, and when I say that I have not gone more than a few days without using Afrin, I have not used Afrin once in the past two weeks! I stopped sneezing, I stopped waking up in the middle of the night because I couldn't breathe and I even have less asthma attacks, but most importantly I am starting to faintly smell things!! I am grateful for this medication. I will post an update when I have been on it longer.”

Pukulan · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2020

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: “I used this Flonase for a period of 3 weeks! Worked well to relive stuffy nose due to allergies. Then all the side affects started, anxiety, insomnia, thrush, headaches, etc. I switched back to regular allergy meds zertec. It took 2 weeks for the symptoms to subsided. I wouldn’t recommend Flonase! Keep away!”

JC · Taken for less than 1 month November 7, 2019

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I gave this medication a 5/10 simply that it does a good job at reducing allergy rhinitis symptoms. However I must say that I had to discontinue the medication after one week because of significant side effects. From the first day of use I experienced severe anxiety and insomnia. The next day after stopping the medication I was extremely lethargic with body aches. Pretty powerful drug for over the counter use in my opinion”

Bean September 23, 2020

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I used Flonase for a short period of time. I had very good results with relief of allergy symptoms, however just a few months later I developed very rapid onset cataracts in both eyes. I was just 61 they came on so rapidly and reduced my vision to the point I could not read labels at the grocery and actually became unable to drive, due to vision impairment I had surgery and lens implants ,my cataracts were the type that could return. That was Feb 2017 and thankfully, I continue to have good vision and I am very healthy I have always wondered if the Flonase caused my cataracts, it is listed as a side effect , which unfortunately , I did not even realize that was a possible side effect until it was too late. I took no other medications and was in excellent health. I was devastated but had a wonderful ophthalmologist MD . The surgery ended up costing me 10, 000 because I had very high deductible insurance I threw away all of my Flonase and decided to never use it again”

Nelson February 8, 2021

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I suffered from stuffy nose, headaches and ears aching for 3-4 years. Numerous sinus infections, antibiotics and visit to Dr and ENT. Nasocort didn't do much, Flonase works! I was hesitant at first as I don't like taking meds- side effects, allergic reaction, etc. My experience has been great, it worth trying if you have tried other things. Its safe and effective. **Side note. 2 years ago we installed a humidifier in our furnace system to keep moisture levels up. GAME changer!! No sinus infections since. Best of luck. Be safe and give it a try.”

Scary August 19, 2020

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: “This medication is DANGEROUS. Please do not take it. I would be very surprised if it doesn't end up getting taken off of shelves in the near future. The side effects are horrendous. I would've rather had horrible allergies all day every day than go through what this stuff has done to me.”

Minigunn3 June 4, 2014

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: “Works for me! I spent a full year with horrible headaches, ear pain, fullness, ringing. I told the doctor my face hurt, my head hurt, my NOSE hurt! I finally ended up with a sinus infection, antibiotics, and it all went away for a while, but when it came back, I went back to the doctor and told her my infection was back....she said no, I think you have allergies. Claritin, Flonase, give it a month and see if you feel better...and I did! I added saline nasal spray and a humidifier to keep nasal tissue moist, and I'm down to 2-3 headaches a week at high pollen season, ears mostly behave themselves. Inside my nose will get sore and dry if I forget the saline, but otherwise no side effects. Thanks Flonase!”

Jules December 29, 2019

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: “(False advertising) They sell it in the hayfever section at the chemist for around $30 a bottle in New Zealand (NZ). I thought I'd try something new. It has been a nightmare, taken as directed, ended up with a stuffy nose for a whole week, itchy eyes, then when it got bad I also had a sore throat, coughing, pretty much feels like a flu, all congested up in the chest, feeling tired and hoping to wake up and it gone, its not normal. Wasted my money & time being sick and all at the end of the week.”

Sebastian September 14, 2019

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I moved to Seattle in spring so I started getting allergies, doctor recommended Flonase for it, it helped get rid of it but after a while I started getting this shortness of breath and tightness in chest area, felt like I was gonna pass out a couple times. I’m gonna stay away from it as that is far scarier than being stuffy.”

Relief! July 28, 2013

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: “It works so well that it doesn't seem real. I only use it occasionally as needed. This morning I woke up and could not breathe through my nose at all. I tried blowing my nose, but with no result (it wasn't nasal congestion, it was swollen nasal passages). I used Flonase and within an hour I could breathe normally again. I know it doesn't always work that quickly for people and I'm surprised that it did for me, but it really is an awesome product.”

Harris · Taken for less than 1 month October 8, 2020

Xhance (fluticasone) for Nasal Polyps: “I have been on XHANCE for approx 2 weeks. I have nasal polyps and allergic fungal sinusitis. I have had 3 sinus surgeries. Frequent sinus infections. Always congested. I believed I would live with this condition forever. My ENT doctor at MUSC suggested I take this XHANCE nasal spray. I was reluctant for I had taken Flonase in the past and it had been unsuccessful. I am in disbelief how well this nasal spray has helped me. Although it has only been 2 weeks, I have seen a 98% improvement. No more sinus congestion or pressure. No more thick, green mucus coming from my sinuses. The spray doesn't sting or smell. I don't have a sore throat due to the medicine draining in my throat. I am able to sleep on both sides without issues. Life is so much better with XHANCE. If you have issues, have your physician prescribe this nasal spray. I also take Zyrtec and Singulair daily. I believe I would need this for the rest of my life. But at least it works!!!!”

hermes · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 17, 2020

Xhance (fluticasone) for Nasal Polyps: “My doctor prescribed this medicine for me about 2 months ago after I tried many nasal sprays. I am completely free from congestion and very happy by the result. However, my sense of smell is not returned back yet. I am hopping that, I will be able to smell in the near future.”

fluticasone · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2019

Xhance (fluticasone) for Nasal Polyps: “CVS substituted $900 Xhance for the $30 generic fluticasone my doctor prescribed for my allergies. They must be in collusion with the manufacturer. This product does nothing more than the generic of fluticasone except include a $870 piece of plastic that breaks and looks like a sex toy.”

DeviatedSeptum12 January 10, 2021

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: “I felt like I was dying. After using Flonase for a month, for the first time in my life I was experiencing anxiety and and panic attacks. Another night I was awoken by a horrible headache and vomited. The flonase made it so hard to breathe I could only take shallow breaths and my heart rate was way higher than usual. The only thing so could focus on was my breath and what’s wrong with me, I would have never known it was the flonase causing this if I didn’t look up the side effects online.”

Kristyrae21 July 23, 2013

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I have awful allergies and have since I was a kid. At 30 years old I finally couldn't take it anymore, and gave in and started taking medicine. I take a prescription strength Claritin, and use Flonase, Fluticasone Propionate. I really like it because it takes effect immediately. I actually like the smell of it. It cracks me up because it is for allergies, yet smells like flowers. I noticed it works best if you blow your nose first and use it first thing in the morning. I did experience a mild nose bleed about a week into using it, but haven't had one since and I have been using it 4 months now.”

Rusty · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 14, 2020

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Flonase has been amazing for me. I began using it to stop my 17 year addiction to Afrin. It wasn't easy at first; I almost gave up. But, after about three weeks, I noticed I didn't need to use the Afrin as much. I used the Flonase exactly as directed and I think this made a difference. My advice is to give it time! I used both Afrin and Flonase the first few weeks. I tried to really cut back on the Afrin and only use it if I had to (still led me to using 4xs per day). One day I woke up breathing just fine and didn't reach for the Afrin, only used the Flonase. For the rest of the day, I didn't use Afrin! It's been 30 full days Afrin free! I never thought I could kick it. Be patient, use it as directed and keep using it! I can breathe better, wake up non-stuffy, can smell perfumes, less sneezing, less headaches, and best of all, I don't have to tote around a bottle of Afrin everywhere I go! I use Costco brand and it worked like a charm and very affordable.”

Anonymous June 2, 2011

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: “Well great with the bad. Been using this medicine for two months now. This product worked great. It cleared my sinuses and got rid of the allergies, and it opened up the tubes from my eardrum to my throat where they could drain. But after two months I started getting joint pains, shoulder pains, bad and neck and other joints. It got so bad last week I went to the Doctor and had X-rays done, just some mild wear and tear about it. Then I got to looking up reviews and there it was a lot of joints pains and some mild aggression, moody. Well that summed it up never before had this trouble before Flonase. ”