User Reviews for Fluticasone nasal

Also known as: Flonase, Flonase Allergy Relief, Flonase Sensimist, Xhance, Ticanase

Nasal Polyps
7.1

Rhinitis
6.9

Allergic Rhinitis

Summary of Fluticasone reviews 6.4 171 reviews

Reviews for Fluticasone

Mick · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2019

For Rhinitis: "I do not like this fluticasone nasal spray at all. The first time I used this at 5pm, I began to feel dizzy and nauseous, this was gone the next morning. Day 2 , I used it at 5pm, approx 30 minutes after my dose, I started feeling light headed and a strange rushing feeling inside my body. I also had nerve twitches on my left cheek. Today, day 3, the rushing feeling was subsiding until about 30 minutes after I used it again at 5pm. It's awful! I'm never using this again especially seeing my nasal congestion has not improved at all."

MU · Taken for less than 1 month July 12, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "This did clear up really bad allergies that were severely clogging my sinuses, nose and ears, but it also started giving me nasty headaches, back pain and moderate fatigue after about a week. I am a (usually daily) runner, but my runs became much more difficult after starting fluticasone. It made be so fatigued that it was hard to finish a run that I could have finished easily before starting it. I'm going to try replacing it with zyrtec and see if I have more luck."

J. · Taken for less than 1 month July 12, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Fluticasone nasal spray is absolute JUNK - Left a weird smell in my nose for 2 days after using it - Lost me sense of taste. Better off using a Nettie Pot with a saline solution and not give the pharmaceutical companies any $$ for this. Overpriced and probably bad for your health long term."

Jet2017 · Taken for less than 1 month July 2, 2019

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Flonase helped with the congestion and post nasal drip but made my nostrils sore and red"

Lou · Taken for less than 1 month June 19, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I finally went to the walk-in clinic after being sick for weeks with a cold, asthma, and severe seasonal allergies. This spring the pollen was very bad, and I could barely breathe out of my nose at all. I could hardly even eat, since I had no way to breathe while eating ... That’s how bad it was. I was prescribed what I think is a generic Fluticasone nasal spray (made by West-Ward), 50 mcg. RX only. It is AMAZING. It started working almost immediately for me, and continues to offer relief. I can fully breathe w/ no problem now. It even helps my severe nasal reactions to cigarette smoke, certain chemicals, etc. Note: this is only intended to work on your nose. You cannot expect this to alleviate your eye symptoms. That’s kind of silly, since it’s a nasal spray ..."

Cookie · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 24, 2019

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "Works over extended period of time with regular usage, but is incredibly over priced. Total rip off. $20.00 for a non over the counter med"

Stopped up · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2019

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "Flonase will not dispense. You have to VERY vigorusly shake the container. The one in 20 times it will dispense does offer some relief. It is very difficult to use flonase."

Ella · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 20, 2019

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I started back on Flonase after getting off it years ago. What I don’t like is the smell in my nose after using it. I stopped taking it and the smell went away."

نورهان · Taken for less than 1 month April 20, 2019

Ticanase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: " I used it as an excellent price and very effective allergy"

LinnieB · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 7, 2019

Flonase Sensimist (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Used regular Flonase on and off for about a year. Caused bad side effects. Most notably cold sores. Huge oozy lip cold sores. As soon as one cleared up I'd get another. Weight gain all around my face and my stomach area. Sleeplessness. Also felt terrible dryness and rawness in my throat. Bloody nose all the time. The bad running faucet kind that happens in the middle of a nice dinner out or while hiking. Switched to Sensimist. Did great for about three days then same exact side effects. Dry throat, sores on mouth, bloody nose. Weight gain...ten lbs immediately. It works but the side effects are awful. Won't use again. I gave it away to a family member who seems to do well on it. I'll just use the neti pot and take Benadryl when needed. Sad. I wish they'd bring back Drixoral!"

Shelley · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 5, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "DO NOT USE THIS awful stuff that causes headaches, eye pain, back pain, anxiety, racing heart, nose bleeds, foggy brain and feeling generally unwell. I've tried to stop taking these 4 times over a period of 2 years and each time felt better but congestion came back. So I am now using a sea water spray all natural and feeling so much better"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2019

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I had headaches after 3-4 days of start using it.."

MN18 · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2019

For Nasal Polyps: "This product has immediate action in attacking the nasal passage....Clear up.. feel better instantaneously... LOVE IT"

Okay45 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 6, 2019

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "Took a week to fully unplug my nose. After a month of use with 1x a day of one spray per nostril, I lost my sense of smell. I am now on day 3 of not taking it, feel pretty tired, not feeling well. Hoping those feelings will pass and I get my sense of smell back. Currently my nose is still unplugged. If it weren’t for the smell thing, I’d give this a perfect 10 for clearing a stuffed up nose."

steve · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 6, 2019

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "Expensive. This is my second try for my blocked ears and nose . The Sensimist bottle never quite empties and the spray hose does not reach to the bottom. Thus, you are unable to use the costly liquid spray that you paid for."

Gigi · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 31, 2019

Xhance (fluticasone) for Nasal Polyps: "I have suffered with nasal polyps which have recurred each time I’ve had surgery (twice). I had severe sleep issues from difficulty breathing at night, and had no sense of smell for years. I was ready to go back to surgery when a doctor prescribed xhance 7 months ago. After 8 weeks I was improved, and now 7 months later I can smell and breathe easily through my nose. I’m so happy with the results, and avoided surgery."

fluticasone · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2019

Xhance (fluticasone) for Nasal Polyps: "CVS substituted $900 Xhance for the $30 generic fluticasone my doctor prescribed for my allergies. They must be in collusion with the manufacturer. This product does nothing more than the generic of fluticasone except include a $870 piece of plastic that breaks and looks like a sex toy."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 6, 2019

For Not Listed / Other: "This is probably the worse nasal spray I have ever used. I had blocked eustachian tubes. The side effects are horrendous. I already suffer from anxiety but this made it a whole lot worse and especially at night. My mood changes every 2 mins. My heart races horribly. I can’t sleep. The anxiousness is worse at night as I am trying to sleep. I get this very weird feeling in the whole of my body when I try to relax and I get up in a panic with a racing heart. I have been off it for 2-4 days now and I am still having the side effects of it. I started using it few weeks ago. If anyone is thinking of using it, please read the label and the possible side effects before you use it as I stupidly didn’t. If anyone has a sensitive body or is sensitive to meds I would advise not using this one."

Angel · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2018

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "Flonase is absolute trash and did nothing to unstop my nose. I had to go back to the store and buy the generic Kroger brand and that was the only thing that gave me some relief. Flonase did not decongest either side of my nostril at any time and it was a horrible waste of money"

birdie · Taken for less than 1 month December 6, 2018

Flonase Sensimist (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "My ENT advised me to use this product. My experience is that I have paid from $13.99 to $28.99 for the same size. Another thing is that it doesn't seem to spray the same every time. Sometimes I don't think anything comes out of the nozzle."

soxfan · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 25, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "After being diagnosed with environmental allergies, my doctor recommended this otc med to ease congestion, and I have been using it off and on (mostly off) for 3-4 years. Helps you breathe, but at a high cost for me. 2 months ago in the fall, I began using it every night, and within a couple of weeks, started experiencing a cough, dry mouth and throat, and a swollen tongue, felt like my throat was closing up, trouble swallowing. This is when my doc recommend I see a gastroenterologist. Also have had headaches, and upper back pain that was excruciating. I am appalled that this med is otc. It's a steroid, and the doctor did NOT warn me at all! I did finally go see a gastroenterologist because of all this, and they said it might be GERD, but I highly doubt that now. I stopped this med and feel much better already. Why no doctor has linked my use of Flonase and my symptoms is unbelievable. Use at your own risk! I can just use saline and deal with some congestion."

Henry Discipline · Taken for less than 1 month October 17, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I've just started using this spray and have used it twice today (total of four pumps each nostril x2) and it's already reduced my post nasal drip. I wonder about the systemic affects however, chiefly because just in ten hours after I first used it my neck line seems to have tightened up considerably, it's not in my imagination, people at work have commented. "

Arah · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 8, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I have severe chronic sinusitis and trust me a first this did not - work it took a couple days I had to remember to take it everyday and now I have zero breathing issues and can go to sleep amazing every night"

HarmonyDelong · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 3, 2018

Xhance (fluticasone) for Nasal Polyps: "So far this medication is working pretty well. I had sinus surgery in December 2017 to correct a deviated septum, nasal polyps, and congestion. I've been taking Xhance for about a month now, and I've had no breathing issues except minor congestion, which is a side effect of the medicine. I don't have the seasonal allergies I normally would have this time of year. The part that you blow into became blocked (I couldn't blow into it.) after a few days of use, so I just use it like you would Flonase instead. I've gotten a nose bleed, which is also a side effect."

Sonna September 17, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Glad to see I’m not the only one who has experienced difficulties with this spray. I have had the severe headaches, thrush, and hearing loss in my left ear! I also have had the whispering voice for 10 weeks. They’re telling me I have acid reflux, I don’t agree. Is anyone aware that this medication was on recall list for contamination with small glass fragments (apotex brand, 05/31/2018) ??? In all honesty, I believe this is what I’m experiencing."

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)