User Reviews for Fluticasone

Also known as: Flonase, Flonase Allergy Relief, Flonase Sensimist, Ticanase, Veramyst

Learn more about Fluticasone.

Nasal Polyps 6 reviews 2 medications

7.9
Rhinitis 57 reviews 131 medications

Allergic Rhinitis 44 reviews 877 medications

Summary of Fluticasone reviews 107 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Fluticasone

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "This has changed my life. I had really bad allergies and would get sinus infections at least once every 2 months and everytime I was on a plane. I discovered flonase while on a trip and was at the end of my rope having antibiotics constantly and I tried the flonase as a last resort for some relief. It wasn't instant but the change was amazing. Since taking flonase i haven't had a infection since and have travelled extensively without any issue. I have recommended to a friend who has horrible allergies and it has helped her almost completely ease her symptoms and even stopped her snoring. Might not be for everyone but with regular use it has worked wonders for me"

Anonymous January 29, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Fluticasone Nasal spray has been on my meds list for about 5 years. I used it religiously for about 2 years, thought it lame, stopped it for about a year, then my Primary MD sent me to an ENT, who put me back on it. I have again been using it regularly for about 2 years. I STILL believe that it is lame. It does NOT prevent my nose from constantly running. I go through a large box of tissue in less than a week! I maintain control of my allergens in my home (where I am most of the time), but even with that, the fluticasone still doesn't help."

IdaL. December 27, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Rhinitis: "After 5 days I feel good. Thought I was going downhill. Never knew allergies could effect your well being like that. Thank you. I feel great again at 70 years old."

Feel great December 27, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Flonase SUCKS. The first two days I used it, I thought it was the greatest thing ever invented because my horrible allergies finally seemed to clear up. I forgot to take it one day and woke up in the middle of the night with a stopped up nose, so I took Flonase again as soon as I woke up. It was VERY ineffective that time. I got horrible headaches, insanely itchy eyes, a sore throat, and my mouth and lips were constantly dry. It has been a week since I've vowed to never use Flonase again, and I STILL have the WORST smell in my nose and mouth from that stupid allergy "reliever". If you're wondering if you should hop in your car, make the trip out, and purchase Flonase, I will let you know right now that, that is the biggest mistake."

Maddison_12345678 December 15, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Rhinitis: "For 3 years I've had a congested nose. I know I'm allergic to pollen, hay fever is pretty bad in the spring and summer but it settles down in the winter. Due to work I had to move to southern Arizona which made my allergies worse. My nose became so congested I would mouth breathe at night and wake up with a dry raw throat and tongue. Saline sprays blocked me up even more, antihistamines did nothing, I got rebound congestion from medicated nasal sprays. My nose bled from all the tissues and sprays I was using. Was put on Fluticasone and within 2 days I breathe relatively clear and can sleep at night again. Nose is not 100% cleared but I don't have to blow it anymore and the sneezing has stopped. It smells flowery which is pleasant."

CourtneyLK (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "This is good stuff. I can breath!"

Jon d (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have used this product for 15 years. This product still relieves my Rhinitis symptoms."

Miss All Year Allergies November 21, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have developed allergies (pollen?) in the last 2 years. Go figure, I'm in my 50s. My eyes get itchy and red and watery, and I scratch my eyelids and eyes so much. This irritates them and the eyelid gets raw. I finally tried Flonase from a doctor. I got jittery and anxious. After a few day, the roof of my mouth got raw and sore and painful. I did not rinse my mouth every time after use. Maybe I should have. It was destroying my skin on roof of mouth. I will never use Flonase again, I threw it away,"

Rainbow444333 November 4, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "I had a cold that triggered some bad allergies. Constant sneezing, runny nose, one side of my nose constantly clogged, that awful itchy feeling in my nose that wouldn't go away. After my first dose of Flonase I didn't sneeze even once for the rest of the day! I am so pleased with the results. I'm on day 2 and have not had any noticeable side effects. In regards to another review that said that the 60 dose doesn't give you the full amount due to the "priming" sprays- in the little booklet that comes it, it says that they account for priming sprays in the dosage. So you aren't wasting any product by properly priming it."

Dayna R October 26, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Was mildly effective for post-nasal drip. But will not take it again. CAUSES WEIGHT-GAIN!!!"

MaryInOrange (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Rhinitis: "I was out on fluticasone for a severe cold with ear infection and thick head congestion that was quite persistent. The doctor felt giving it a go might get the nasal passages open a bit to help with sinus pressure and fluid behind my eardrum. After 10 days on it, my symptoms worsened, severe sore throat, white patches on my throat, bleeding nose, and tracheal spasms that put me into coughing fits so bad, I'd throw up and feel as though I would pass out from lack of air. I chose to stop it 3 days ago. After 2 days, my throat pain improved and i felt more myself. Day 3, the tracheal spasms, so far, seem to have ended. while the medicine helped with congestion overall, the side effects were too much for me and I couldn't continue"

449238 September 19, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Rhinitis: "Flonase is the biggest waste of money I have seen in a while. Doesn't work period. Nose just as plugged and maybe more so, after squirting Flonase as before. High priced sewer water in a fancy squirt bottle. Afrin works like gangbusters. Just one squirt up each nostril and it works like dynamite, exploding congestion and opening nasal passages. Six might be greater than one but Afrin works and Flonase is a waste of time and money."

RobDTet September 3, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Used it for a few months, once every morning. Works great to stop the allergies throughout the day, I've definitely not had the debilitating problems that come through now and again as if I caught a cold, and this definitely stops that from happening. But the piercing headaches are bad after a few minutes, so I have to take ibuprofen to get through it. Then, I am OK through the day, mostly, I can function. But after a while, a couple months, my whole body started to feel numb. Can't feel my back, arms, legs, hands, feet, shoulders, and numb in a way that I am not able to perform athletically. If I get hurt, twist a wrist or pull a muscle I can feel those kinds of things, but for coordination, I felt detached, weak, awful, angry, annoyed."

Numbs, yes, but whole body too (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Every time I use Flonase it enhances my symptoms to a greater and almost debilitating level. My eyes become red, inflamed, and watery. My nose runs more. My throat becomes red and sore. I am not sure if I am allergic to an ingredient in the spray or not, but it does not provide any relief. Only makes the ones I have multiply."

Chelleymack (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Veramyst (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "It works fine, but I still have some discomfort in my eyes and after 10 days of taking it I have develop a constant contraction in my right eye. I will stop using this product and use it occasionally."

Matiela May 3, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I have severe seasonal allergies to pollen. I'd be on Claritin, and still sneezing every few minutes constantly, very congested. And my eyes would itch so badly, I'd always be tearing up or blinking continuously. Adding this provided major relief from the respiratory symptoms."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 22, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Made my symptoms worse - so much for 24 hour relief."

Bambi1211 April 8, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Worked great for keeping nasal passages open for about two months and then I developed a hacking cough, sore throat, and a headache. Haven't had a headache in years. Looked up side effects and decided to stop using it."

JanCarol (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Flonase (fluticasone) for Nasal Polyps: "I tried several different nasal sprays, all of them did nothing but worsen my problem. Eventually I discovered the Flonase nasal spray in 2015 and in the first use it worked for me in my best remembering."

Mahad dheere (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Veramyst (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I used veramyst daily for 5 years straight with no side effects due to severe allergies, a few days after I started using it allergies gone... I couldn't be happier.. Unfortunately my insurance stopped covering the medication which is pricey without and the generic did not help me at all.. so now I'm back to pills and still an allergy sufferer .. :("

Misha72 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 10, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I had a stuffy nose for 2 wks, tried afrin & over the counter meds and nothing worked. I used to take rx flonase about 10 yrs ago every allergy season so I figured it couldnt hurt to try. It took about 3 days and now my nose is almost completely cleared up. Before taking this I had sinus pain/pressure, a horrible smell when I blew my nose, constant runny nose, watery eyes. Most times I couldnt even blow anything out it was so clogged. Flonase works."

CherylM16 March 3, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "As a life long seasonal allergy sufferer, I search for something that won't put me to sleep won't cause side effects with other medications I can afford For most of my life I've taken plain old Sudafed with an aspirin from mid February, when the early bulbs start to bloom until after Thanksgiving when pollen finally is gone. Last year my daughter, who has similar symptoms, tried Flonase with great success. For me, the "Hottest Year Ever-2015" was also my worse ever year with allergies, I have all the symptoms from watery eyes, runny nose, coughing, sneezing etc etc etc. I've been using it for 4 days, starting with 2 times a day then once a day and my symptoms seem to be going away!"

PlantCrone (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "I got sick earlier this week with the flu, which triggered a sinus infection and bronchitis. My doctor prescribed OTC Flonase for the symptom of sinus congestion. I began taking Flonase, two squirts a day in each nostril, on Tuesday. While I was in the midst of the illness, with fever, body aches, and severe congestion and coughing, I did not think there was a problem with the fact that I could not taste or smell. It is the fifth day, however, and while my sense of taste has come back about 40%, my sense of smell has not come back at all. I became curious and looked up "Flonase and sense of smell" on the internet. Apparently, people are reporting loss of sense of smell when using this product. I hope mine comes back."

TuolumneDame5 (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "The product may work beautify, but I will never know as the smell is one of my allergies and I can not overcome my instinctive avoidance long enough to get the desired relief"

year round allergy suffer (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "I have really bad allergies that are pretty much year round now! I was taking Claritin D for months before I found Flonase! I took both for about 2 days and then no longer needed the Claritin! It was REALLY worth the money! Everything started clearing up within 24 hours...its been 5 days now and all my symptoms are gone!! Don't listen to the haters! This medicine is AMAZING! I told my dad about it, because he has allergies like me. He started it yesterday and I got a text from him today thanking me for telling him about it! He said he can already breathe again!"

JoDawn (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2016