User Reviews for Fluticasone nasal

Also known as: Flonase, Flonase Allergy Relief, Flonase Sensimist, Ticanase, Veramyst, Xhance

Nasal Polyps
7.2

Rhinitis
7.1

Allergic Rhinitis

Summary of Fluticasone reviews 6.5 153 reviews

Reviews for Fluticasone

Flonase Sensimist (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "My ENT advised me to use this product. My experience is that I have paid from $13.99 to $28.99 for the same size. Another thing is that it doesn't seem to spray the same every time. Sometimes I don't think anything comes out of the nozzle."

birdie (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "After being diagnosed with environmental allergies, my doctor recommended this otc med to ease congestion, and I have been using it off and on (mostly off) for 3-4 years. Helps you breathe, but at a high cost for me. 2 months ago in the fall, I began using it every night, and within a couple of weeks, started experiencing a cough, dry mouth and throat, and a swollen tongue, felt like my throat was closing up, trouble swallowing. This is when my doc recommend I see a gastroenterologist. Also have had headaches, and upper back pain that was excruciating. I am appalled that this med is otc. It's a steroid, and the doctor did NOT warn me at all! I did finally go see a gastroenterologist because of all this, and they said it might be GERD, but I highly doubt that now. I stopped this med and feel much better already. Why no doctor has linked my use of Flonase and my symptoms is unbelievable. Use at your own risk! I can just use saline and deal with some congestion."

soxfan (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 25, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I've just started using this spray and have used it twice today (total of four pumps each nostril x2) and it's already reduced my post nasal drip. I wonder about the systemic affects however, chiefly because just in ten hours after I first used it my neck line seems to have tightened up considerably, it's not in my imagination, people at work have commented. "

Henry Discipline (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I have severe chronic sinusitis and trust me a first this did not - work it took a couple days I had to remember to take it everyday and now I have zero breathing issues and can go to sleep amazing every night"

Arah (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2018

Xhance (fluticasone) for Nasal Polyps: "So far this medication is working pretty well. I had sinus surgery in December 2017 to correct a deviated septum, nasal polyps, and congestion. I've been taking Xhance for about a month now, and I've had no breathing issues except minor congestion, which is a side effect of the medicine. I don't have the seasonal allergies I normally would have this time of year. The part that you blow into became blocked (I couldn't blow into it.) after a few days of use, so I just use it like you would Flonase instead. I've gotten a nose bleed, which is also a side effect."

HarmonyDelong (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Glad to see I’m not the only one who has experienced difficulties with this spray. I have had the severe headaches, thrush, and hearing loss in my left ear! I also have had the whispering voice for 10 weeks. They’re telling me I have acid reflux, I don’t agree. Is anyone aware that this medication was on recall list for contamination with small glass fragments (apotex brand, 05/31/2018) ??? In all honesty, I believe this is what I’m experiencing."

Sonna September 17, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Useless did absolutely nothing for me except waste my money. The spray would not budge then it would pour out and waste so much for a 120 sprays I only got two lots in and the doctor demonstrated how to use it plus I did look at the you tube so still have the problem and out of pocket 50 bucks. What a have ."

anna (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2018

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "Flonase is NOT for treating allergies, it's for treating the inflammation in your nose caused by allergies, so I'm confused as to why people think it'll get rid of itchy/watery eyes and other symptoms. Confusing advertisement I guess. For nasal treatment it works just fine. As a nasal corticosteroid it can be used to treat nasal polyps over a period of time- which often happens with chronic infections/bad allergies. For that function it works well. I haven't had an issue with it. I'm usually able to breathe through my nose again within 15-20 minutes after application. Guess we'll see how it works over the long run."

RinaRivers (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

Flonase Sensimist (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "This spray works fine, however something massive changed about it - the 120 spray used to be 0.54ML and it is now 0.31ML, same amount of sprays but much less product (about same size as 60 sprays, which for some reason did NOT change! Watch out, they're giving you a lot less now!!!"

anyone (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 4, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I used this drug for allergies and it’s caused shortness of breath, mood change, insomnia. I’m hoping these symptoms go away after stopping it ."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

Xhance (fluticasone) for Nasal Polyps: "Used in conjunction with prednisone, I can finally breathe on both sides - first time in many years."

Zoe (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "I used Flonase for several months. It seemed to be working well. Then I started to get nosebleeds. Then I was told by medical personnel that the flonase can thin the mucous membranes inside the nose. So, I'll never use this again."

luckylady (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2018

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Do NOT buy this!!!!! Like other nose sprays, this does NOTHING to help your allergies. Unlike pills that actually work and cure all your allergy symptoms. Flonase does NOTHING but burn your nose and leave you with a very harsh aftertaste. Their ads are very misleading, and Flonase needs to be taken off the market for good. "

Guest (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2018

Flonase Allergy Relief (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Used this flonase spray , and it is horrible . Didn't do a thing for me ... vicks severe nasal spray works so much better. I will never use it again"

Rach rush June 29, 2018

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "Literally from using 200 tissues a day to 0 tissues a day within 24 hours. Best allergy med I’d ever used."

Pat June 21, 2018

For Rhinitis: "I have been taking this medication on and off for many years. I had a weird aversion to taking it. I got side effects on a single dose and when I noticed I had almost all of the side effect symptoms... shortness of breath, bruising, bad mood, lethargy, swollen eyes, and hive like bumps.. like eczema. This is what made me realize that in smaller doses.. is what gave me these side effects in such a small amount that I wrote them off as just something wrong with me. I never read the side effect sheet or contraindications my whole life."

Anna (taken for 10 years or more) May 8, 2018

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "This nasal spray has changed my life. I got immediate relief----immediate and was able to breathe at night and therefore sleep. Allergy symptoms of stuffy nose , sneezing and itchy eyes are gone."

CHILLYJILLY (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2018

Flonase Sensimist (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "I suffer from COPD, which also involves a constantly runny nose. I also suffer from seasonal allergies which make things worse with the sneezing & watering eyes. I have tried various allergy medicines in pill form. Only to have unwanted side affects even in the non drowsy form. My pulmonologist made a suggestion of trying a nasal spray. So I purchased some Flonase and after reading the information on its use, I tried it. OH BOY What a difference, my nose is not running breathing is clear and free. I am a very happy person , who is not suffering anymore. This a great product and one that I will be using from now on. I can now enjoy the Spring without the allergies."

nyzki March 30, 2018

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "Within 2 hours of my 2nd dose of Flonase, I experienced difficulty breathing, and had crusting around the openings of my nose. I also had a feeling of extreme restlessness, much like I would imagine restless leg persons are afflicted with. The next morning I was SOB with minimal exertion, and experienced a worsening sore throat and pharyngitis, with difficulty speaking above a whisper."

Pete (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2018

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "Flonase has changed my life!! Before using this I was blowing my nose at least 20 times a day and sneezing about a dozen times. I would wake up in the morning and my nose would be so plugged I would stand in the bathroom and blow my nose for five straight minutes to get relief. After only 2 weeks on this I now maybe blow my nose twice and day and have maybe sneezed twice total. The only thing it hasn't helped with much are dry eyes. I would highly recommend at least trying this to see if it works it has been wonderful for me!"

JoBear (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

For Nasal Polyps: "The method of delivery isn't good. I just end up with watery solution running out without ever reaching deeper sinus areas. So it's ineffective"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 15, 2018

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Flonase has changed my life. I developed a sinus infection a week before my cruise to the Bahamas and knew I couldn’t go like that. My sinus infections typically lasts 5-7 days. I would take Benadryl, Zyrtec, Sinex, Mucinex, & use Vick’s Vapor rub. I also used the Vick’s Vapor Rub steam inhaler. It would only give me temporary relief! I would never try nasal sprays. I didn’t want to put anything in my nose. I finally tried Flonase & Hallelujah!!!! It wasn’t immediate, but it worked. I tried it at 11:30 p.m. and at 6 a.m. I all of a sudden starting breathing normal and have not had any issues or side effects! It was such a major break through for me! It is definitely going with me on my cruise!"

Happy Cruiser (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

Flonase (fluticasone) for : "Yes I use flonase for only three days due to a cold I have and allergies . The worse ever it caused my nose to burn my nose and lips. It left me a heavy scab which I can't get rid of. It makes you dizzy. It is nasty I recommend do not use. Instead go buy generic claraton be safe side . Don't beleive everything doctors say or want to sell u."

Lina March 10, 2018

For Rhinitis: "found it very effective if used on a regular basis"

sahin (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 27, 2018

For Rhinitis: "I've been suffering from seasonal allergies for about 42 years now and this is the only product that really works for me. Up until a few years ago I thought antihistamine tablets, taken early in the morning where the only way to go but after trying this, it is clear that this is far a superior drug."

stefn February 22, 2018