User Reviews for Fluticasone

Also known as: Flonase, Flonase Allergy Relief, Flonase Sensimist, Ticanase, Veramyst, Xhance

Nasal Polyps
7.2

Rhinitis
7.1

Allergic Rhinitis
6.4

Summary of Fluticasone reviews 6.7 138 reviews

Reviews for Fluticasone

For Rhinitis: "I have been taking this medication on and off for many years. I had a weird aversion to taking it. I got side effects on a single dose and when I noticed I had almost all of the side effect symptoms... shortness of breath, bruising, bad mood, lethargy, swollen eyes, and hive like bumps.. like eczema. This is what made me realize that in smaller doses.. is what gave me these side effects in such a small amount that I wrote them off as just something wrong with me. I never read the side effect sheet or contraindications my whole life."

Anna (taken for 10 years or more) May 8, 2018

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "This nasal spray has changed my life. I got immediate relief----immediate and was able to breathe at night and therefore sleep. Allergy symptoms of stuffy nose , sneezing and itchy eyes are gone."

CHILLYJILLY (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2018

Flonase Sensimist (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "I suffer from COPD, which also involves a constantly runny nose. I also suffer from seasonal allergies which make things worse with the sneezing & watering eyes. I have tried various allergy medicines in pill form. Only to have unwanted side affects even in the non drowsy form. My pulmonologist made a suggestion of trying a nasal spray. So I purchased some Flonase and after reading the information on its use, I tried it. OH BOY What a difference, my nose is not running breathing is clear and free. I am a very happy person , who is not suffering anymore. This a great product and one that I will be using from now on. I can now enjoy the Spring without the allergies."

nyzki March 30, 2018

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "Within 2 hours of my 2nd dose of Flonase, I experienced difficulty breathing, and had crusting around the openings of my nose. I also had a feeling of extreme restlessness, much like I would imagine restless leg persons are afflicted with. The next morning I was SOB with minimal exertion, and experienced a worsening sore throat and pharyngitis, with difficulty speaking above a whisper."

Pete (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2018

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "Flonase has changed my life!! Before using this I was blowing my nose at least 20 times a day and sneezing about a dozen times. I would wake up in the morning and my nose would be so plugged I would stand in the bathroom and blow my nose for five straight minutes to get relief. After only 2 weeks on this I now maybe blow my nose twice and day and have maybe sneezed twice total. The only thing it hasn't helped with much are dry eyes. I would highly recommend at least trying this to see if it works it has been wonderful for me!"

JoBear (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

For Nasal Polyps: "The method of delivery isn't good. I just end up with watery solution running out without ever reaching deeper sinus areas. So it's ineffective"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 15, 2018

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Flonase has changed my life. I developed a sinus infection a week before my cruise to the Bahamas and knew I couldn’t go like that. My sinus infections typically lasts 5-7 days. I would take Benadryl, Zyrtec, Sinex, Mucinex, & use Vick’s Vapor rub. I also used the Vick’s Vapor Rub steam inhaler. It would only give me temporary relief! I would never try nasal sprays. I didn’t want to put anything in my nose. I finally tried Flonase & Hallelujah!!!! It wasn’t immediate, but it worked. I tried it at 11:30 p.m. and at 6 a.m. I all of a sudden starting breathing normal and have not had any issues or side effects! It was such a major break through for me! It is definitely going with me on my cruise!"

Happy Cruiser (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

Flonase (fluticasone) for : "Yes I use flonase for only three days due to a cold I have and allergies . The worse ever it caused my nose to burn my nose and lips. It left me a heavy scab which I can't get rid of. It makes you dizzy. It is nasty I recommend do not use. Instead go buy generic claraton be safe side . Don't beleive everything doctors say or want to sell u."

Lina March 10, 2018

For Rhinitis: "found it very effective if used on a regular basis"

sahin (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 27, 2018

For Rhinitis: "I've been suffering from seasonal allergies for about 42 years now and this is the only product that really works for me. Up until a few years ago I thought antihistamine tablets, taken early in the morning where the only way to go but after trying this, it is clear that this is far a superior drug."

stefn February 22, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Prsscribed by the Dr as a steroid to clear a sinus infection. I get the after taste all the time! Why? Not pleasant. I have only started taking it 2 days ago."

Amber1000 February 16, 2018

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "This Flonase has after taste which is not a problem. . It work ok for about an hour+ and its effect wears off. It suggested dose is two sprays per day , The post nasal drip irritation returns that starts the unending coughing , irritating , yes very much. I can't increase the dose so am going back to Doc again for another consultation"

doc says some kind of allergy (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "The VA switched my prescription for Flunisolide to Flonase. The flowery scent triggered migraines for me. I kept trying to use it, to make sure if it was the trigger. Not only did it cause migraine, it did nothing for my allergies. If zero or less were choices on the rating scale, that's where I'd rate it. I'm back on Flunisolide (through Tricare, not the VA) and happy."

20180107Deb (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I've taking this medicine for last one week after a prescription from my Doctor. I have many side effects like cough, trouble breathing, head pain etc. It is not and effective this medicine for my rhinitis and more it is costly..."

RAJNEESH pradhan (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2017

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "I used to use tons of OTC nasal sprays to then point of addiction really. I had to stop, but both nostrils would clog completely shut without it, I have also severe nasal allergic reaction and swollen air passages/asthma. My Dr gives me Flonase by Rx. Within a couple weeks my nose cleared, both nostrils stopped swelling, no more nasal allergy and this has been a miracle med for me! I never needed Afrin or anything again. My sense of smell is still low, but I can smell now!"

Nickname????? (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 15, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I'm allergic to dust and couple more things.. my doctor prescribed this drug to me which is a steroid. It didn't help me at all. It dried my nose and I couldn't breath. The side effects were horrible. I had horrible headaches, nausea, insomnia, and body aches. I will never use this product again. I will break it into pieces!"

Jesuscanhealyou (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2017

For Rhinitis: "This product caused facial skin to peel and a red condition around the nostrils and eyebrows. My Dermatologist originally diagnosed this skin problem as a fungal condition. He was not aware I am taking fluticacasone propionate. Read the side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 22, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Westward brand fluticasone nasal spray is very watery and it made me very very ill. It made my nose and eyes burn. It gave me a horrible migraine. It made me drool and made me throw up and it made my throat feel like I had swallowed glass. Does anyone know where the HiTech Brand or the Apotex Brand is. Be careful using Westward brand - its Bad."

LovelyT September 26, 2017

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Just started two days ago for relief of seasonal and environmental allergies. I have terrible itch eyes, runny nose and sneezing fits. I do feel less drip, no sneezing and less congestion. I'm going to finish this bottle ($32 Canadian) and determine if I continue with it. But so far so good."

Details details September 16, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: "It gave me a headache. It does nothing, no effect at all after use. On top of that it is very expensive for nasal spray and other products cheaper like nasonex does the job very well."

mickey tan September 14, 2017

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Great nasal spray, It does take time for it to start working, so do not expect instant results, but once it starts to work, it's a great nasal spray. My sinus allergies are so much better, I do have a nasal bleed from time to time, but my doctor said to use some saline spray or vaseline on a swab and put inside my nose. I will continue to use Flonase as long as my Dr. Feels it's necessary. I would highly recommend it! But do remember, it takes time to start working, it has to build up."

cvdixon29 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2017

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Out of desperation, I bought this over the counter. My allergies have suddenly worsened. I could not sleep, as I was completely clogged up and my nose was extremely dry. I felt instant relief from the very first spray. I sleep better, and so far the only side effect I have encountered is a slight cough. This is, really, nothing compared to the loss of sleep, horrible nasal dryness, etc., with which I was dealing. Not everything will work for everyone, but this worked for me. I am thrilled!"

MiamiLady17 (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I am allergic to everything. Flonase works. The generics - depends on manufacturer. I've heard PAR is exactly the same as the brand name. I have used Apotex and it was good. West-Ward is pure snake oil. Pay attention, talk to pharmacist."

pmbourque (taken for 10 years or more) July 5, 2017

Flonase (fluticasone) for Rhinitis: "Works well for me with regular use."

Audiowombat June 17, 2017

Flonase (fluticasone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "This product caused sinus infections. It never brought any relief for me. Nasonex works for me. It stops my nose from running uncontrollably while outside."

Clickclacker June 5, 2017