User Reviews for Levsin SL

Levsin SL has an average rating of 9.8 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings on Drugs.com. 100% of those users who reviewed Levsin SL reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome
9.8
Urinary Incontinence
10.0
Summary of Levsin SL reviews 9.8 7 reviews

Ann · Taken for 10 years or more July 24, 2020

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “I have used Levsin SL for years to stop abdominal cramping from IBS. It is always effective. I don't leave my home without it since IBS attacks are sudden and give no warming until the pain starts.”

HeavensAngel53 February 24, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “I've used this drug for years. My problem is my insurance won't cover the sublingual pill. I have to have the melting medicine bc I have attacks while out and unable to take meds without water. Has anyone else experienced this? I have BCBS insurance. The cost is killing me. Some months I can't afford it,.”

AngiS · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 12, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “I just found out that this drug is "unapproved" by the FDA because it is "not effective". However, in my experience, it is the most effective drug I've tried for my IBS. I'm taking Linzess and use fiber supplements to regulate my system. These have helped to limit the number of attacks; however, I do still have them about twice a month. When my symptoms start, without Levsin SL I am in agony for anywhere from 45 minutes to two hours; with the Levsin SL, my symptoms come to a dead stop within five minutes of taking it. The plain (not sublingual) tablets take a little longer to work, but they are still better than suffering for over an hour. I don't understand how the FDA determined it was ineffective.”

YIYI September 13, 2013

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “I have experienced Irritable Bowel Syndrome for months and years. The flare ups got so bad everything would make me sick. Bounced from one DR. to the other. Gastroenterologist. Finally I was so sick and went back to my GP he prescribed me Levsin SL. It worked like right away. No side effects. I feel great now, after so much pain and suffering. I highly recommend this medicine. Previously I could hardly leave my house. I had no energy. The IBS attacks were so severe. The problem with IBS is some Doctors think its mental. I like to mention I take Probiotics every day and NEVER cheat on my diet. It's not worth it to eat something and then suffer for days.”

Fraddyfrofralis · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 18, 2012

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “If you have irritable bowel syndrome then you know how it can seem to pop up at any time. This is a sub-lingual medication. As such, it works very quickly to stop spasms in the colon. As my physician explains it: it slows down the action of the colon. Antidiarrheals will completely stop the action of the colon. You don't want to stop the action of the colon. ”

BlueNile · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 15, 2014

For Crohn's Disease: “I have been using Levsin SL for many years for Crohns (severe spasms). It is very effective. Two years ago I started having severe spasms and leg cramps due to some unknown disease that is effecting my legs. I have constant pain in my leg muscles and long bones. I also have severe leg spasms/cramps at night. I discovered one night when having both colon and leg spasms that the Levsin SL stopped the leg muscle spasms. I discussed with my doctor and I started using at night to treat my leg spasms. The spasms are quite severe with a pain level of up to 9 out of 10. Levsin is the only medication that I have found that is effective. The half-life for me is around 2-2.5 hours.”

Anonymous January 11, 2011

For Urinary Incontinence: “Brand name: had no side effects and had 100% effectiveness on bladder control.”

marjorie zych May 3, 2010

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “This medication is the best I have found out there they need to have the FDA approve it. I have tried everything nothing worked, this does. I love it. I can actually get some peace now.”

Melindaan January 10, 2014

For Crohn's Disease: “Was given in ER for cramping. Worked quick! Lasted for several hours.”